Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by roflcopter »

icemanE wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Day 1 dawns with
Khelvaster
dead. He was a protown
Roleblocker

The deadline for today is June 1 at 9 PM Pacific. With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.
Well, that's a bummer.
the "sucks that we lost the power role" post is definitely a scum tell and therefore better than a random vote.

vote: icemane
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by roflcopter »

its not a very good scum tell but i've read games where it was right on the money and its better than straight up random voting. i think the argument is that its natural psychology for the scum to want to brag about hitting a power role more than for a town to want to whine about their dead power role.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:09 am

Post by roflcopter »

icemane gets another scumtell marked off on his scorecard, the omgus vote. my page one pick is looking better and better.
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Vote: Roflcopter

You can't build an aeronautic means of locomotion that runs on uncontrollable laughter. Lynch all liars!
get your facts straight man my sig clearly demonstrates the sound that my roflcopter makes :D
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by roflcopter »

eljcko wrote:1) Saying that "bummer" is not a scum-tell after a power role died right away. [rofl, AlyG,]
eljcko wrote:5)Post 12: rofl, You really have to be stupid as heck to brag as scum.
its not that scum intentionally brag about their nightkill, but it is a noted pattern that scum often make comments to the effect of "oh what a bad night" after a power role dies. please take a look at this post in mini 545 where thejivemachine drops the "sucks that we lost the doc" line and is lynched that day as the mafia godfather.

neither ice nor alyg look great in this little spat they're having but ice's glaring scum tells and flippant attitude about them are keeping him above the guy who's piggybacking on my case in my personal rankings.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by roflcopter »

eljcko wrote:Let's see EA.

Posts 7 and 8 show connection

Post 14 is a good example:
AlyG wrote:
We
never said it was a definite scumtell but it can be slightly as the person could be trying to distance themselves from the mafia so it's better than a random vote.
Not too many examples, but a good lead so far none the less. Rofl and AlyG have come across to me as tag-teaming so far. Plus AlyG has acted very scummy IMO. The hypocrite post I mentioned and:
Maybe. But how can we be sure. You seem to be very defensive of icaman4. A possible scum pairing?
You also do not want to agree with me.

FOS: 2extreme1
I do not like the fact that he FOS'ed extreme just because of the fact that they disagree
you keep saying there's this connection between me and alyg but all the evidence you bring up is still him attaching himself to my case and nothing actually coming from me. does one person agreeing with another person's argument on page one automatically make them scum together? iceman coming to the conclusion that we must be connected because we're both attacking him makes sense in an omgusy sort of way, but i don't get what you're seeing there except an opportunity to mislynch two players. the way you just agree with ice on this and present misleading evidence to support your conclusion makes me more unsure of my iceman vote than anything else has because it really is beginning to look like you're trying to buddy up to him early.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by roflcopter »

some questions for minineko:

if it was a small tell that is not worth arguing, what do you think is worth arguing?

if you had to make a nonrandom vote, who would it be for? why?
why isn't your vote on that person instead of still being used as a joke vote?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Post by roflcopter »

alyg wrote:It depends...Anyway i think we should all unvote since we are out of the random voting stage now.

no. stop being dumb. my vote was never random in the first place, and from what i've gathered most of us have been out of the random vote stage from a while now. between you and eljcko i'm really starting to doubt my iceman vote, but i'm going to wait until i hear from him again and for minineko to answer my questions before i decide where its going next.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

neko wrote:This is a bit of a silly question, isn't it?
i don't think so, but we obviously disagree about the importance of iceman's early tell. you haven't said anything about the other textbook scum tell he has dropped, so i'll ask a follow up question. do you think iceman presented a sufficient case against alyg for his vote? in the same vein, what is your opinion of alyg's play so far?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Fri May 09, 2008 7:20 am

Post by roflcopter »

jenter wrote:I'll remove it if people start properwagoning, but I think the pressure is of use.
you think the pressure is gonna do anything now that you've told everyone your vote is just for pressure?
Khelvaster wrote:I think we might just have the quickest win ever--

EA, Aly, and rofl as the three scum. EA's piling up of defense of Aly, combined with the Aly-rofl tag-team, makes me think of a quick three-day win.

Vote: Aly
where did you come from i thought you were dead. also thanks for replacing the inactive scum and making it so obvious. hey guys lets just lynch these three people in a row no problem right? except that planning for future lynches is stupid and scummy. you're trying to set up all your mislynches now? that's a little brazen, don't you think? also i guess you didn't notice that ea hasn't been defending aly he's been debunking the stupid aly-rofl theory. so far all you've done is
/replace
/ducks in a row
/bandwagon

please everyone who is making such a big deal out of alyg following my every move note the buddying up of eljcko to iceman and both of their inability to mention anything about it when i last brought it up. iceman i get the feeling ignored it because it made his own argument about me and aly look less legit and he doesn't know what else to do aside from omgus, but eljcko probably ignored it because i'm right.

unvote, vote: khelvaster
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:12 am

Post by roflcopter »

alvin you are a moron no matter what your alignment is.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by roflcopter »

its hard to decide who is the most scummy for that ridiculous lynch yesterday.

vote: khelvaster
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:02 am

Post by roflcopter »

*facepalm*

unvote, vote: alvin

i really wanted to believe you were dumb town but you're being just as opportunistic today.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:04 am

Post by roflcopter »

also, iceman, come on, enough with the "omg sucks that we lost a power role" posts. with his partner already dead the second mason was no better than a vanilla townie, and yes a dead cop is sad but i don't think we need to play follow the cop to win this game.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #13) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by roflcopter »

there are usually only two masons.

a three person mason group in a 12 person game would be ridiculously overpowered for the town.
alvinz95 wrote:
i really wanted to believe you were dumb town but you're being just as opportunistic today.
Actually, I usually don't play like this. This game I'm trying a new style of play. Following the gut feeling.
use logic it suits you better.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Thu May 15, 2008 5:19 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm having trouble deciding if alvin is just the village idiot or if he's really scum. its wifom but the things he's done are just so...
blatant
that i really can't imagine a scum not being more cautious.
erratus wrote:iceman you are a wifom no matter what your alignment is.
i loled

unvote, vote: khelvaster

i would be happy to lynch either khelvaster or alvin at this point, depending on what khelvaster says when he finally gets his butt in here. if alvin is extra dumb they could be scum together, but i think the more likely explanation is that khelv is the scum and alvin is the village idiot.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #15) » Thu May 15, 2008 5:22 am

Post by roflcopter »

its been three rl days since this day started... where are these people?

mod: please prod khelvaster and minineko
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #16) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 am

Post by roflcopter »

because he's scum. i've got a pretty good idea who at least one of his partners is too, but i'll save that for tomorrow and let the remaining scum squirm.

if you're so upset about him being at lynch-1 then unvote him, you're on the wagon too. until then don't bitch at me about it.

or just grow a pair and get over it. people need to stop being so squeamish about wagons reaching almost lynch territory. if you don't want to see somebody lynched then don't get on the wagon in the first place.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #17) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:44 am

Post by roflcopter »

alvin wrote:You overreacted which gives you a scum point.
how was it an overreaction?
alvin wrote:Cop?
thanks for rolefishing. and no i'm just smarter than the average bear.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #18) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by roflcopter »

alvin is the village idiot and it is better to leave him alive and go after the smarter scum. khelvaster was working hard to start building a case that would have led to multiple mislynches. i think the speed of that first mislynch probably caught even him by surprise, and made it extremely obvious what he was doing. maybe thats why he's avoiding this thread now, maybe he's legitimately busy in real life, but either way he needs to get with the program and get back here to answer for it.

lynch-1 is a good place for him to sit until he returns, he needs to be given a chance to claim before anybody hammers.

alvin, take note of the proper protocol: claim first, then hammer if the claim seems bogus. you know what would have saved us from that shitstorm you caused at the end of day one? waiting until alyg told us he was a mason.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #19) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

no don't do that alvin khelvaster needs that vote to remind him he's in claim or die mode when he gets here.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #20) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:23 am

Post by roflcopter »

in that case, khelvaster's replacement needs that vote to let him/her/it know he/she/it is in claim or die mode.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #21) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by roflcopter »

riddle me this, xyzzy: in what situation would a replacement make a nearly rock solid case against eljcko but still say that they felt he was town, and then vote for the easiest wagon available?

i think you guys can guess who i was hinting at earlier as a scumpartner for khel. xyzzy made it about a hundred times more obvious.

this alvin wagon is dumb and made of scum. minineko, your bullshit about voting for somebody you want to prod into action over voting for the person you find scummy is totally, completely ridiculous, especially given that your "prod into action" vote is now on the guy at lynch-1.

and why is the guy who claimed doctor still the one in danger of being lynched? does not compute.

xyzzy needs to hang pronto.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #22) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ready for this xyzzy? my comments in blue
xyzzy wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Khelvaster
dead. He was a protown
Roleblocker

The deadline for today is June 1 at 9 PM Pacific. With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.
Well, that's a bummer.
I
really
don't like people who start out day like this.
FoS: icemanE

roflcopter wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Khelvaster
dead. He was a protown
Roleblocker

Well, that's a bummer.
the "sucks that we lost the power role" post is definitely a scum tell and therefore better than a random vote.

vote: icemane
This=smart player.
this=sucking up

2extreme1 wrote:*re-write (Read it and it sounded a bit stupid)*

A team!

Aly, that's instantly bandwaggoning. There was very little information and you voted him without a second thought
it still doesn't make grammatical sense...

...Given how little information we have so far, bandwagoning is like, the best way ever to get info.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:Hi Guys.

I think it's quite a poor idea to go after people for saying 'it's a bummer' when an important protown power role gets killed... it is sort of natural psychology, and I personally see it as pretty trivial. So why do you guys see it as a definite scumtell?

My thinking is at the moment that we actually don't have 4 power roles as per the PMs posted above (he only said
might
) unless we have a very uparmoured scum team, which would suck.

I'm no access tuesday-friday this week due to exams. I'll be back after that.
Given that this is Xylmod, I wouldn't be that surprised if the large majority of the town has some sort of non-vanilla role, though I doubt the game is broken to massclaim or anything. Given a typical game in IRC, I'd say we have some townies, but mostly power roles. And I don't think we're limited to the 4 listed in the OP.
AlyG wrote:
2extreme1 wrote:
AlyG wrote:
Jenter Brolincani wrote:Hi Guys.

I think it's quite a poor idea to go after people for saying 'it's a bummer' when an important protown power role gets killed... it is sort of natural psychology, and I personally see it as pretty trivial. So why do you guys see it as a definite scumtell?

My thinking is at the moment that we actually don't have 4 power roles as per the PMs posted above (he only said
might
) unless we have a very uparmoured scum team, which would suck.

I'm no access tuesday-friday this week due to exams. I'll be back after that.
We never said it was a definite scumtell but it can be slightly as the person could be trying to distance themselves from the mafia so it's better than a random vote.
Or
MAYBE
he was a little bummered that we lost a roleblocker.
Maybe. But how can we be sure. You seem to be very defensive of icaman4. A possible scum pairing? You also do not want to agree with me.

I agree 100%. This is really odd behaviour.
icemanE wrote:
icemane gets another scumtell marked off on his scorecard, the omgus vote. my page one pick is looking better and better.
Haha
"That player is presenting rather legitimate arguments on page one! I'm afraid of possible consequences of this, so I'll pretend it's nothing significant and mock this player! I am so smart!"
i wonder, could xyzzy already be trying to set up tomorrow's mislynch? no, he wouldn't be so stupid as to do the same thing that got khelvaster in trouble, would he?

AlyG wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Haha
Now he's trying not to look over-defensive by just laughing at your theory.
Sarcasm>you :)
icemanE wrote:Beyond being OMGUS, I think the most obvious scumtell so far is the obvious alliance between AlyG and Rofl. I just hope they aren't such bad players that they're actually the scum. AlyG might be that bad a player though, from what I've seen so far. I wouldn't be too suspicious of Rofl if not for Aly.
AlyG wrote: Now he's trying not to look over-defensive by just laughing at your theory.
I mean, seriously. Look at that.
Or maybe the town is filled with people perceptive to good logic? Stop trying to tear apart the town with accusations that agreement is scummy, scum.
eljcko wrote:Hello.

On what has happened so far:

1) Saying that "bummer" is not a scum-tell after a power role died right away. [rofl, AlyG,]

1.5) Iceman is very correct in this quote:
Beyond being OMGUS, I think the most obvious scumtell so far is the obvious alliance between AlyG and Rofl. I just hope they aren't such bad players that they're actually the scum. AlyG might be that bad a player though, from what I've seen so far. I wouldn't be too suspicious of Rofl if not for Aly.
No, players agreeing with each other doesn't make them scum.

3)AlyG is a hypocrite:
yep
. Well might as well start the day with a Vote: 2extreme1 because he's number 1 on the player list. And the number 1 is ALWAYS mafia.
This was right after the bummer post by Ice. Next you go and vote Ice.

Hadn't noticed that. Odd. Rather scummy.

4)Post 11: Jenter Brolincani (You are hereby known as JB in my book) is wrong but right. Psychology = No, but the Bummer Post doesn't matter = Yes

The very first post of the game isn't important?!? The early game is the most important!

5)Post 12: rofl, You really have to be stupid as heck to brag as scum.

Why, exactly?

6)Post 13: Pressure is good when pressure is needed. BTW everyone, 2 votes is not pressure in a 7 vote majority

Pressure votes are generally useless early on.

7)Post 16: Who ever said you were always right, Aly

8)Post 18: Nice OMGUS, Ice.
9)Post 28: 2 votes is not bandwagoning. So I concur for the first time with AlyG

Conclusion: AlyG is the shadiest player so far so
vote AlyG

/Long Post
I don't think you're scum
***THIS IS WHERE YOU SAY YOU THINK ELJCKO IS TOWN***
, but you are deluded.
Minineko wrote:If this weren't a basic game I'd be suspecting icemanE as a jester right about.... now.

Also, I'll
unvote, vote Phate
because I just realized he was in the game. Hii Phayt!

Meow.
Jesters are an abomination against all that is good. If Xyl put one in a game I would personally find him and point radiation at him to make him sterile.
eljcko wrote:I am not about to lynch Ice over AlyG.

thejivemachine was probably under the stupid category.

I am growing more and more convinced that rofl and aly are connected, and not in a good way
I'm not seeing it. How is agreement scummy?
Erratus Apathos wrote:
eljcko wrote:I am not about to lynch Ice over AlyG.

thejivemachine was probably under the stupid category.

I am growing more and more convinced that rofl and aly are connected, and not in a good way
The only connection between Rofl and Aly is that they're both attacking the same player. It feels like you're trying hard to make a lot,
lot
more out of the Rofl/Aly connection than there really is, and it smells opportunistic.

Unvote, Vote: Eljcko
"Opportunistic" is exactly the right word for it.
you still manage to find all the good points against eljcko..

eljcko wrote:Let's see EA.

Posts 7 and 8 show connection

Post 14 is a good example:
AlyG wrote:
We
never said it was a definite scumtell but it can be slightly as the person could be trying to distance themselves from the mafia so it's better than a random vote.
Not too many examples, but a good lead so far none the less. Rofl and AlyG have come across to me as tag-teaming so far. Plus AlyG has acted very scummy IMO. The hypocrite post I mentioned and:
Maybe. But how can we be sure. You seem to be very defensive of icaman4. A possible scum pairing?
You also do not want to agree with me.

I do not like the fact that he FOS'ed extreme just because of the fact that they disagree
Waitwaitwait now it's scummy to FoS players you disagree with? You're claiming they're scum because 1)they happen to share an opinion on who is scum and 2)they disagree with someone
you
find protown? Wow.
you know this is a great attack on eljcko, if only you followed that up by actually voting him instead of saying you think he's deluded

icemanE wrote:
I found you slightly scummy with the "bummer" thing and i agreed with rofl because i saw it as so. I don't think you can really accuse me of bandwagoning after putting only the second vote on you after i thought you looked scummy, and on the first page. Now what's making you look even worse was by just OMGUS'ing me back after i had voted you.
While putting a second vote is technically bandwagoning, I wouldn't get too worked up over my vote. We're on the second page.
And what if we get to the 3rd, 5th, 10th, 20th, 100th page and you're still voting for the same person because you haven't unvoted? An early vote for someone you think you can manipulate is an easy way to remain outside of suspicion while avoiding looking wishy-washy.
AlyG wrote:
2extreme1 wrote:FOS: Minineko

What with the random posts? They have no logic and are useless. Acting stupid as a cover up?
Maybe he's just having a joke cause we are so early in the game? I don't get how you coud act stupid as a cover up though <_<
See: Danix.
icemanE wrote:
Minineko wrote:
eljcko wrote:1) Saying that "bummer" is not a scum-tell after a power role died right away. [rofl, AlyG,]
Yes, in a sense it is. Scum often want to act dissapointed about the death of a power role. It's not that big a tell - but it does seem odd that he would jump in to say only that.

Meow.
Hahaha! What the hell else did you want me to say in the first player post of the game???
It's not something you didn't do that you should've - this was a matter of slipping up. You shouldn't have posted "bummer" if you were aware of that common meta, but you did.
AlyG wrote:
2extreme1 wrote:
AlyG wrote:
2extreme1 wrote:FOS: Minineko

What with the random posts? They have no logic and are useless. Acting stupid as a cover up?
Maybe he's just having a joke cause we are so early in the game? I don't get how you coud act stupid as a cover up though <_<
Would you vote to kill the stupid person?
It depends...Anyway i think we should all unvote since we are out of the random voting stage now.
No. People should never unvote without revoting except in rare circumstances, like unvoting in lylo.
icemanE wrote:I like that the random voting stage ended VERY quickly in this game, it's a relatively pointless part of the game. If nothing else, my "tell" (which is obviously being looked WAY too far into, considering its even still being discussed) accomplished that.

I may or may not be slightly inactive for the next few days, final papers to write.
Stop pretending that parts of the game where you performed badly don't matter.
icemanE wrote:I think at this stage it's clear that rofl is town.
rofl wrote: alvin you are a moron no matter what your alignment is.
I doubt he'd say that if he were mafia.

I also don't get the impression that alvin is mafia, despite his hammer and his poor choices so far.
WIFOM, and scummy.
roflcopter wrote:because he's scum. i've got a pretty good idea who at least one of his partners is too, but i'll save that for tomorrow and let the remaining scum squirm.

if you're so upset about him being at lynch-1 then unvote him, you're on the wagon too. until then don't bitch at me about it.

or just grow a pair and get over it. people need to stop being so squeamish about wagons reaching almost lynch territory. if you don't want to see somebody lynched then don't get on the wagon in the first place.
Queue Eff Tee.
sucking up some more, nice

alvinz95 wrote:
If I really didn't like your vote, then I would have unvoted immediately. It was just a question. You overreacted which gives you a scum point. I'm fine with my vote and I believe he is scum.
i've got a pretty good idea who at least one of his partners is too, but i'll save that for tomorrow and let the remaining scum squirm.
Cop?

Are you sure that Khelvaster is scum? Why don't you want to share your information with the town?
Way to rolefish. Seriously.
eljcko wrote:from my experience, the village idiot is almost never mafia. So voting alvin is stupid
I'd say a VI is jyust about as likely to be scum as anyone else, but if we let VI's live they'll do something retarded in endgame. Scum aren't going to kill him if he's town, and if he's scum we need to kill him to win, so either way we're better off with him dead.
alvinz95 wrote:
EA wrote:Alvinz: Why didn't you let Aly claim?
Cause I'm playing recklessly in this game and trying out a new style which is acting incredibly scummy :P .

Unvote
yes i am a airhead... in this game. If anyone has a meta on me, feel free to share it.
"I'm not scum, I swear! I'm just trying out a new playstyle, which happens to be exactly liek that of scum! I swear it's a coincedence! Yes, I do think I am being helpful! Why are you lynching me! What is going on!"
Minineko wrote:
icemanE wrote:
And #63, for your reading failure.
What?
I said, YOUR FIRST POST baffles me. Then you ask which post it is. Duuht, the first one?
alvinz95 wrote:Cop?
The Cop is dead, reading is tech.

Lastly, happy birthday, Xyl!

Meow.
Multiple cops is a possibility.
alvinz95 wrote:
EA wrote:I'm not sure how useful a meta-read on alvinz is since he's not playing like he did in any of his previous games, but there's one thing I am certain on: unless he's somehow managed to drop several dozen IQ points in between when I read him and this game, I don't believe for a second that he's a "village idiot". He knows damn well what he's doing, and I know he knows.
Obviously I'm trying a new strategy, so a meta isn't useful at all. What changed is what I thought the town might do, and now that they've done the right thing, my thoughts have changed.
ice wrote:Alvin you are beginning to step into the territory where lynching you simply to remove you from the game because you're distracting us from accomplishing anything would be to our advantage. I still don't think you're scum but please try help because right now you are working against us.
Sure. WIll start later today.
:( :( :(

------------------------------------

I'm not seeing what about day one was so scummy in Khelv - could someone sum up the argument so I can properly defend against it?
jumping on the bandwagon late and lining up his next few mislynches all in one

icemanE began bad but has had a mix of scumminess, so while I think he's a good lynch for perhaps tomorrow, he's still a bit neutral.
hey look i was right you are setting up tomorrow's mislynch!

Vote: alvinz95

Lynch-1, scum.
nice try, scum
xyzzy wrote:
roflcopter wrote:riddle me this, xyzzy: in what situation would a replacement make a nearly rock solid case against eljcko but still say that they felt he was town, and then vote for the easiest wagon available?

when exactly did I say I think eljcko is town? I still feel he's acted scummy - I just think alvinz is
much, much scummier.

please see above for where you literally said you don't think he is scum, which is directly equatable with saying you think he is town.

i think you guys can guess who i was hinting at earlier as a scumpartner for khel. xyzzy made it about a hundred times more obvious.

this alvin wagon is dumb and made of scum. minineko, your bullshit about voting for somebody you want to prod into action over voting for the person you find scummy is totally, completely ridiculous, especially given that your "prod into action" vote is now on the guy at lynch-1.

and why is the guy who claimed doctor still the one in danger of being lynched? does not compute.

I do not believe his claim - he still hasn't answered my question about who he's targeted.

xyzzy needs to hang pronto.

o rly? what exactly have I done that's scummy in your eyes, besides vote someone you happen to think is town?

jumping on the already existing bandwagon in favor of much stronger cases you yourself presented is epic scum. your predecessor was also extremely scummy, which you apparently think shouldn't be factored into my opinion of you.
Exaclty what I said with force. Good job. This wagon is nonsense. I have claimed doctor. So all of you, (pretending you are all town) are willing to kill off a powerrole just because I am a liability?
Are you
literally
claiming that everyone on your wagon is scum? You need to die no matter what - even in the slim chance that you are protown, you'll be a huge liability if you survive to endgame. We can't win as long as you are alive.
this is pretty much the scummiest stance i have ever seen. you use misleading language to continue to harp on the fact that there is no way you can see for him to be protown while simultaneously making excuses for when you lynch him and he winds up actually being pro-town. our purpose here is not to lynch town liabilities it is to lynch SCUM LIKE YOU.
so, xyzzy, sorry that sucking up to me didn't have the outcome you wanted, and that you made yourself and one of your partners so glaringly obvious. please hurry up and die.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (isolation #23) » Thu May 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by roflcopter »

so xyzzy if alvin is lynched and it turns out he was telling the truth whats your plan?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #24) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

erratus, the difference is that xyzzy is scum and alvin isn't.

xyzzy's plan seems to go forward regardless of whether or not alvin is scum, and xyzzy doesn't even care if he's lynching town or not. thus, mislynches.

my lynches will be correct.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #25) » Fri May 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by roflcopter »

when you are lynched scum your attempted insults will look even more pathetic.

it must just piss you off to no end that i'm the one who caught you.

there is never a situation in which you should be supporting the lynch of someone you are not sure is scum. arguing that lynching the most distracting player is a good play no matter what their alignment is is quite simply the most scummy thing i can imagine anyone saying ever.

i am not attacking anyone who disagrees with me, i'm attacking YOU. stop misrepresenting me.

we have already lost
four
pro town players. you are actively campaigning for the lynch of a player regardless of their alignment.

let me just point this out for everybody:
if there are three scum then we are
in lylo already.

and xyzzy still wants to lynch alvin because he thinks alvin will be a nuisance even if he's town.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #26) » Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by roflcopter »

and please don't ignore my question this time
roflcopter wrote:so xyzzy if alvin is lynched and it turns out he was telling the truth whats your plan?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #27) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

so, a request for everybody i guess.

when you post, don't just give this game lip service, actually read whats happened since the last time you were here and form an opinion.

simply responding to points made about you does not move the game forward.

kthxbai
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #28) » Sat May 24, 2008 10:07 am

Post by roflcopter »

xyzzy wrote:But why are you attacking me? As I said, you're attacking me because I disagree with you. Disagreement=/=scummy.
no. do you read? i was attacking khelvaster long before you even arrived, and i haven't been attacking you for disagreeing with me i've been attacking you for doing scummy things like making excuses for lynching someone even if they're town and laying the groundwork for another lynch tomorrow which will have nothing to do with the outcome of today's lynch. thanks though.
xyzzy wrote:That statement presumes we don't have any vigges, doctors, roleblockers, SKs, or any other extremely common roles, and is designed to make me look scummy for attacking anyone.
why yes, it does assume that, because it is the fucking smart thing to do to assume the worst. if we mislynch, and the scum kill a townsperson, and there are three scum it is GAME FUCKING OVER. you are trying to make it seem like the situation is not as grave as it is by speculating about the possible setup when the fact of the matter is this could be the last day of the game if we don't lynch the right person.
xyzzy wrote:
Is that a bad thing? If alvinz is really protown, can we trust him to not screw up the game? I'd rather not bet the game on that, even in the
incredibly unlikely
instance that he is town.
oh my god YES THAT IS A BAD THING. i know you can't be this dumb, i understand that you're saying this because you're scum and you can make this ridiculous statement because if you pull one over on the town its probably game over. you may state that it is
incredibly unlikely
that alvin isn't scum but so far you've been arguing that he should be lynched for being STUPID more than because of anything scummy he's done.

HEY EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS GAME. COME PLAY IT ALREADY.

mod:
whip out that prodding stick please?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #29) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i see minineko has taken it upon himself to answer for xyzzy. interesting.

i'm sensing a minineko-xyzzy-eljcko axis of evil. in fact, minineko moreso than eljcko after that last doozy.
neko wrote:Xyl, may we please replace alvinz95 with a player who is willing to play the game properly insead of intentionally hurting his own team? Thank you.
who died and made you the king of proper playing? oh, i see the mod already gave you the bitchslapping you deserved for being a righteous tool.
neko wrote:In the whole xyzzy/rolfcopter argument, xyzzy is coming off more protown IMO. But I'm not entirely convinced either is scum.
of course you're not sure either of us is scum, since you know i'm not and he's your partner. thats just the kind of wishy washy bullshit i would expect from a scumbag who doesn't know which way the chips are gonna fall yet.

questions for neko:
1. did you actually bother to read anything i wrote?
2. how do you feel about the likelihood that we are in lylo?
3. why didn't you make any mention of this at all in your glorious return post?

iceman:
if you are so sure of the assessment that x is scum and alvin is town how about you do something besides state that and melt back into the woodwork. you are being the opposite of what this game needs right now.

eljcko:
where the fuck are you man on may 22 you said we'd have something good from you the following day. time to make good on that promise.

2extreme1, erratus apathos:
please provide your reasoning for why your vote remains on alvin.
also, what are your opinions of xyzzy.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (isolation #30) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by roflcopter »

erratus apathos i just saw your name pop up as the most recent post in the road to rome forum why are you ignoring this thread.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #31) » Sun May 25, 2008 3:27 am

Post by roflcopter »

alvin, i'm not seeing the reason for ea being on your list. please elaborate?
neko wrote:My concern was legitimate. Do you want a guy running around being reckless, useless and uncooperative for the entire game? Yes, I know he stopped doing that - that's not my point. But it seems strange for you to call me out on doing something where the intent was only to benefit town.
your concern was pretentious. of course i prefer people not to be useless, reckless or uncooperative but it is their right to be so and unless they actually break any rules you have no right to ask for their replacement while they are trying to play the game. would you like me to be replaced because i'm hurting your feelings?
neko wrote:Oooookay. Or ya know, maybe I'm really not sure? This is your closest thing to a point. But it really isn't. It's just "hey, this coincides something scum _might_ say"..
nice deflection, scum. it not only coincides with something scum _might_ say, it coincides with something town _shouldn't_ say, which makes it all the more likely it is something scum _did_ say.
neko wrote:2. Well, there are 8 of us, and most likely 3 scums. That is quite likely LyLo. We should be careful. Bla bla obv obv.
if its so obvious then why are you still arguing with alvin over being helpful instead of actually scumhunting? i'd think that, as town, you'd have a vested interested in lynching right instead of losing. this is the essence of lylo.

so, neko:
you haven't gotten enough out of the discussion between myself and xyzzy to decide anything more than that xyzzy is more probably town.
you have also unvoted alvin, given his doctor claim (something others should follow suit in because thats what you do after a doctor claim)
can you present us with any alternatives?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #32) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by roflcopter »

wow xyzzy. just wow.

no that is not the only thing against you and the more you ignore the rest of whats been brought up the more i'm astonished that the rest of the town hasn't come around to voting you.

i'm gonna let you go back and re-read the part of this game where people started voting for khelvaster (and while you're at it, check out my post just before the end of day one after khelvaster's vote) and then everything else i've said about you so you can finally get the idea that you voting for a claim you say you don't believe is far and way not the only reason people are voting for you.
neko wrote:Anyways, how is it something that town shouldn't say? That's the part of your point I guess I didn't understand.
imo its far too equivocating, like you're just waiting for some concrete results (ie from deaths) so you can go 'see i thought that might be the case,' whichever way it should go. but for now i'm content to let it lie, i'm seeing that there's a pretty broad sentiment that you're playing a pro-town and game i have bigger fish to fry anyway.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (isolation #33) » Mon May 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i know xyzzy is on this site enough to have responded to me by now if he weren't out of bullshit defenses.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #34) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:58 am

Post by roflcopter »

i read your posts and saw the scum in them.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #35) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by roflcopter »

thats the norm, better safe than sorry.

anyone playing as though we aren't in lylo is very suspect in my view.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #36) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by roflcopter »

the pace of this game is infuriatingly slow.

the following people need to make real, meaty posts very soon:
2extreme1, korts
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #37) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

likewise
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #38) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by roflcopter »

likewise

meow?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (isolation #39) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:12 am

Post by roflcopter »

urge to vote 2extreme1 rising.
roflcopter wrote:2extreme1, erratus apathos:
please provide your reasoning for why your vote remains on alvin.
also, what are your opinions of xyzzy.
2extreme, i asked you a couple of questions which you ignored. they were pretty hard to miss if you, ya know, bothered to read the thread.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #40) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:12 am

Post by roflcopter »

korts wrote:And with that, I'm up to xyzzy's analysis. I think he provides well-reasoned arguments, nothing in particular that strikes me as worth commenting.
i call shenanigans on this comment. if you cared at all to even consider looking at xyzzy as scum, there is a boatload of information to be gotten from commenting on that post. the arguments between myself and xyzzy are peppered with personal attacks, but that is not all they boil down to. but i guess i should have expected you to continue making it obvious that you're xyzzy's scumpartner like your predecessor did.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (isolation #41) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:55 am

Post by roflcopter »

korts wrote:I'm sorry if I don't see the plotholes and/or scumtells in xyzzy's arguments, I'm tired. But I guess bussing xyzzy immediately after replacement would convince you oh so much about the lack of connection between us.
no my mind was made up before you even replaced in, you're right about that. but your lack of commentary about anything xyzzy in that most recent post is some more ammunition for my case against you tomorrow.

speaking of tomorrow, can we lynch xyzzy already?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (isolation #42) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by roflcopter »

unfortunately xyzzy's sig would seem to indicate he is v/la from today through the 31st...
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (isolation #43) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:11 am

Post by roflcopter »

oh my, erratus, your last two posts give such a strong impression of activity, but i can't seem to find any contribution therein to the forward progress of this game.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #44) » Sat May 31, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by roflcopter »

hey xyzzy its 31 may where you at?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (isolation #45) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 am

Post by roflcopter »

happy birthday erratus.

mod: has xyzzy picked up his prod?

He requested an extension due to V/LA.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (isolation #46) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by roflcopter »

somebody hammer the scum please

i can't believe how long we had to wait for that ridiculous claim
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:39 am

Post by roflcopter »

Erratus Apathos wrote:I've lost all patience waiting for 2ex to post something substantial. He needs to at least post a suspect list
TODAY
, no exception.

Unvote, vote: 2extreme1
erratus what are your thoughts on xyzzy's claim?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

calling a claim ridiculous and not understanding it are not the same thing.

i understood the claim, and it sounds like a ridiculous fake claim.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:13 am

Post by roflcopter »

Korts wrote:Actually, xyzzy's claim sounds like he's the mafia RB. My vote stays.
korts is a smart cookie. though i think he probably knows xyzzy's true mafia identity because they are mafia together.

also, let me point out how borked it would be to allow khelvaster, with knowledge of his N0 roleblock, to replace into the role of backup roleblocker.

it would be very broken.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by roflcopter »

xyzzy wrote:Gosh, how many people do you honestly think are my scumbuddies? I'm pretty sure if I had as many scumbuddies as you've accused me of having the scum would've won, like, night zero.

Wait, you're saying that in terms of balance an RB replacing a backup RB is less balanced than replacing a scum RB? What difference could it possibly make?
gosh, i think you're confusing what i've said with what other people said because at this point so many people are onto your bull that you can't keep it all straight.

i think you and korts are scum together. i've been saying this since it was eljcko and not korts.

no, i'm not saying in terms of balance it would be broken, i'm saying in terms of fairmodding the first roleblocker shouldn't replace a hypothetical backup roleblocker because the backup roleblocker shouldn't know the first roleblocker's N0 target. i'm 100% confident however that this didn't happen and you are scum.

somebody please hammer.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by roflcopter »

18 june is quite a while from now.

hope i won't be waiting that long for somebody to drop the hammer of justice.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer

===[]

minineko?
2extreme1?
erratus?
xyzzy even?

somebody hammer
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:09 am

Post by roflcopter »

hi! please hammer the scum. [/broken record]
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #54) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by roflcopter »

1) i am so awesome for nailing xyzzy to the wall like that
2) thank you alvin for the protect
3) this should come as no surprise to anyone keeping up with the thead
vote: korts

i would be open to the idea of voting erratus as well, i see the argument for him as scum also, but as the korts case is my own i'm sticking with it for now.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ecto your predecessor was suspicious for lurking and non-contribution, so you're doing a good job of maintaining the status quo.

now just throw votes down with no discernible reasoning and you'll be totally indistinguishable from him.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:28 am

Post by roflcopter »

Ectomancer wrote:
Korts wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i call shenanigans on this comment. if you cared at all to even consider looking at xyzzy as scum, there is a boatload of information to be gotten from commenting on that post. the arguments between myself and xyzzy are peppered with personal attacks, but that is not all they boil down to. but i guess i should have expected you to continue making it obvious that you're xyzzy's scumpartner like your predecessor did.
I'm sorry if I don't see the plotholes and/or scumtells in xyzzy's arguments, I'm tired. But I guess bussing xyzzy immediately after replacement would convince you oh so much about the lack of connection between us.
This is the quote, and you use the term bussing yourself. You arent buying the case against xyzzy and assume it must be because of bussing by Rofl. Or did you mean something different by this? As I said, this was not a very strong accusation, slipped in like this, and apparently some missed it.
this is a misinterpretation, i'm not sure if it was malicious on your part. i had been hammering on the korts/eljcko-xyzzy connection and korts was seemingly exasperated that he had no way to get me off his back. the statement, if you look at it in the context of when it was said, is actually korts saying that his own voting of xyzzy would do nothing to convince me he wasn't xyzzy's scumpartner. korts will i think be able to back me up on this.

the thing about this that sets my scumdar off the most is that it seems like you didn't really read the area of the game
around
this quote, you just picked it out and went, 'hey look that fits into this case i wanna put forward, cha-ching!'.
Ectomancer wrote:*sigh*

I hate when you lose a post because you ctrl-c'd in the wrong place before ctrl-v in notepad and you already clicked back and forth in your browser....

Anyhow, the analysis:

Ectomancer - towniest of all town...ever
Alvinz95 - Doc claim and no counter. I'll believe this one is town.
IceMane - town from his reaction to X's arguments and X's alignment.

Roflcopter - Im buying Korts claim of bussing by Rofl on X, makes Rofl the 2nd scum.

That would seem to leave EA for the scum buddy, but reading through, I dont think so. I think what we have is a double bus.

Korts - What better way to win than a (not very strong) accusation of bussing against a scum buddy who really is bussing? I had some other things I saw in Korts posts, but lost to ctrl-c. Perhaps another re-read on him later.

There you are, we've got them fellas, let's haul them in. Feel free to ask for additional reasoning.
this post is a steaming pile of crap. like the above quoted post where you took a quote entirely out of context to push a case, i'm not convinced here that you actually read half of the thread. lets go through it, person by person, and see what it really means.
ecto: of course everyone says they're town.
alvin: you're not gonna make the same mistake as xyzzy and try to lynch the claimed doc
iceman: well i guess not everyone who got xyzzy lynched could be bussing him so some of them must be town

rofl: CRACKPOT THEORY ABOUT BUSSING BUT ITS NOT MINE BLAME KORTS

ea: shhh nobody look at ea cause i don't think he's scum srsly

korts: CRACKPOT THEORY ABOUT DOUBLE BUSSING THIS ONE IS ALLLLL MINE NOW LETS GET 'EM BOYS!

but you don't even have the stones to actually lay a vote for either of us. what, are you waiting to see what the town's reaction is, or for someone else to actually be the first vote on the bandwagon?

this post, more than anything else, has convinced me that the erratus apathos wagon is much better than anything i was trying to get going on korts, and that when erratus dies as scum we need to lynch ectomancer tomorrow.

unvote, vote: erratus
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #57) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:42 am

Post by roflcopter »

how is that out of step with my play in the rest of this game?

again, did you actually read the game?

got anything else to add?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (isolation #58) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:54 am

Post by roflcopter »

anyone else starting to think ecto might be setting erratus up for the fall by making it seem like they're so obviously connected?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #59) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:03 am

Post by roflcopter »

wow ok. totally unnecessary claim, as we had pretty much come to the conclusion yesterday that the uncounterclaimed doc was telling the truth and the only people who tried to lynch him after that were xyzzy and, get this, YOUR PREDECESSOR.

explain to me why your predecessor the nurse was trying to lynch the claimed doc?

unvote, vote: ectomancer
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #60) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:18 am

Post by roflcopter »

rofl wrote:i had been hammering on the korts/eljcko-xyzzy connection and korts was seemingly exasperated that he had no way to get me off his back. the statement, if you look at it in the context of when it was said, is actually korts saying that his own voting of xyzzy would do nothing to convince me he wasn't xyzzy's scumpartner. korts will i think be able to back me up on this.
Korts wrote:rofl, about the Bussing Theory, your explanation is just what happened. I was expressing that no matter what I do in regards to xyzzy rofl would be on me.

Ecto, you're making the connection to EA too obvious. First in your opening analysis-post, you state that he could be partners with rofl, but you really don't think he's scum. And then this last post of yours. I agree he should be allowed to claim, but the "I think you both are wrong" part doesn't sit well with me, the wagon is valid, and I don't see why you're so against it.
ecto, please respond to this enlightening conversation between myself and korts which totally blasts a hole through you trying to pin the blame for your crackpot theory on him.

also i would like everybody to note that ectomancer is now setting up his mislynches just like the scum of christmas past. "2 of 3" are scum, but dude, if we mislynch today, then mislynch tomorrow, the scum win. so you're trying to sell us a load of crap. hell, we're probably still in lylo RIGHT NOW, so your "two of these three" theory is even more likely to be leading us to damnation.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (isolation #61) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:19 am

Post by roflcopter »

Ectomancer wrote:Oh, who knows why my predecessor did what they did? Perhaps they are dim? Maybe they wanted the power? Doc has to die before I get it.
ockham's razor would lead me to the conclusion that the reason for your predecessor's actions are because he was scum.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (isolation #62) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:22 am

Post by roflcopter »

iceman, even night doc doesn't get to protect anybody tonight.

korts' softclaim just confused the hell out of me though.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (isolation #63) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 am

Post by roflcopter »

no i don't want any more unwarranted claims, i was just saying it was confusing. i take it as further evidence for ecto's bullshit though.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (isolation #64) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

ecto:

1) stop ignoring half of what i'm saying to you
2) explain your reasoning for not thinking ea is scum. don't just say you don't think he's the right choice. don't just say you 'read his posts and got a feeling.' provide evidence. stop pussyfooting around.
3) give us a real case against me if you so firmly believe i'm scum.

everybody else:

ockham's razor states that 'all other things being equal, the simplest solution is best.' so i ask you, which of these scenarios makes more sense.

1) i am scum with korts. we bussed xyzzy. at the same time, i laid the groundwork for bussing korts today.
2) ecto is scum, and his theory is bogus.

keep in mind that, if korts and i are scum with xyzzy, then we had the town in lylo yesterday and could have LYNCHED ALVIN FOR THE WIN without ever having to go through this ridiculous song and dance routine ecto is calling DOUBLE BUSSING.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (isolation #65) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

given the obvscummery of ecto and his painfully obvious connection to erratus, i'd rather we lynch ecto
first
because it could be a ruse to get us to lynch erratus.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #66) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

well some people still seem to want to lynch erratus instead. i was pointing out that this isn't an optimal plan.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #67) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by roflcopter »

vote: erratus apathos

so, at this point a massclaim is both beneficial and has basically already happened. you guys guessed my role already, i'm the vig. not odd-night or anything, full on vigilante, but i got trigger-shy on night two though i clearly shouldn't have since i was right about korts.

night zero i did not shoot, as it is night zero and there is nothing to go on.
night one i made a gut call and shot jenter, i thought it looked like he was lurking and riding the general town sentiment. turned out i shot the cop so i felt pretty stupid.
night two i decided not to shoot after my mishap the night before, and since i was torn on which of korts and erratus would be scum and didn't want to misfire again.
last night i shot korts. primarily because of this:
Korts wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
Korts wrote:Pretty shiny last words, considering. Now, hammah time!
You guys really are impatient for the mod to show that I was right. Wipe the drool off your face, jeesus. :roll:
I lol'd :D
along with a careful reread and reaffirmation of what had made me suspicious the day before. that quote really, really looked like a celebration of scum who thought he had just won the game.

i think erratus must be a scum rolecop of some kind, which easily fits with the gunsmith claim.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by roflcopter »

all scum roles are also capable of sending in a kill as far as i know. being a scum doctor or a scum roleblocker doesn't mean they can't make a kill for the scum team.

and we're not in danger of a quicklynch with four still alive so the voting isn't a problem like it would be with three alive.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (isolation #69) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by roflcopter »

so this should be pretty obvious at this point.

i am, in fact, the serial killer. i am also nk immune.

its up to you, iceman. unfortunately for town, you literally can't win anymore. you just have to decide which of me and team erratus/korts/xyzzy deserves this win more.

i'll let you ponder that one for as long as you need.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by roflcopter »

thank you.

don't get yourself down i thought you played a good game.

day one really didn't go the way i wanted either, if you'll recall i was trying to get you lynched lol

vote: erratus
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (isolation #71) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by roflcopter »

xyl: i'd like to see all the nightchoices for the game at some point. that stuff always fascinates me. also, would the nurse have taken over the job of odd night doctor even though the role was originally mafia?

i thought that the town played a really good game. i think the critical thing in me winning was the fact that the mafia kept trying to shoot me so i could hide in plain sight because there was only one night of multiple kills til it was too late for the town to win.

i'd also commend korts for fighting tooth and nail to throw me off the scent when i was being my hounddog self on him during xyzzy's lynch, and for managing to help engineer a mislynch on ecto when you and your partner were the two who came into that day in the hot seat. i honestly thought ecto was gonna flip scum when we lynched him. and at the point i shot you i knew there had to be two scum left and if i didn't hit one of them it was game over, so it really would have mattered to me if you were town :)
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #72) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

wow thanks alvin!

korts great hitchhiker's reference
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (isolation #73) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mm night actions please? i wanna know exactly how many times they tried to kill me :)
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”