Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote: Roflcopter

You can't build an aeronautic means of locomotion that runs on uncontrollable laughter. Lynch all liars!
Do you want your possessions identified?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:30 pm

eljcko wrote:I am not about to lynch Ice over AlyG.

thejivemachine was probably under the stupid category.

I am growing more and more convinced that rofl and aly are connected, and not in a good way
The only connection between Rofl and Aly is that they're both attacking the same player. It feels like you're trying hard to make a lot,
lot
more out of the Rofl/Aly connection than there really is, and it smells opportunistic.

Unvote, Vote: Eljcko
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Wed May 07, 2008 4:31 am

eljcko wrote:Let's see EA.

Posts 7 and 8 show connection
Posts 7 and 8 show two players agreeing on a very debatable point. They show no more connection than posts 11, 18, and 29 show connection.
eljcko wrote:Post 14 is a good example:
AlyG wrote:
We
never said it was a definite scumtell but it can be slightly as the person could be trying to distance themselves from the mafia so it's better than a random vote.
Way to take a word out of context. "We never said it was a definite scumtell" isn't Aly speaking on Rofl's behalf, it's simply a statement of fact.
eljcko wrote:
Maybe. But how can we be sure. You seem to be very defensive of icaman4. A possible scum pairing?
You also do not want to agree with me.

FOS: 2extreme1
I do not like the fact that he FOS'ed extreme just because of the fact that they disagree
And this is an even more ridiculous context-mangling. Aly FoS'd 2ex for being defensive of Iceman and made that point as a minor addition, but you're taking it as not just the focal point of the FoS but the only point.
roflcopter wrote:you keep saying there's this connection between me and alyg but all the evidence you bring up is still him attaching himself to my case and nothing actually coming from me.
QFT. Ascertaining rofl's alignment from Aly's actions is bad play. Let's stick to ascertaining rofl's alignment from rofl's actions.
icemanE wrote:One player can make the other look bad by buddying up with him, even if the other player denies it. That's the difference: no matter how good one player is, if the other is bad enough, he'll make both look scummy.
And that's a damn good incentive for a scumbag to buddy up with a townie. Welcome to WIFOMville, population: you.

FoS: IcemanE
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:36 pm

Eljcko and Iceman continue to set off my scumdar. Iceman for leaving eljcko off his list of people who need to post more; Eljcko for outright ignoring post 42.
icemanE wrote:
And that's a damn good incentive for a scumbag to buddy up with a townie. Welcome to WIFOMville, population: you.
Where's evidence of myself buddying with a townie, out of curiosity?
That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that Aly's attempts to buddy up with rofl isn't evidence against rofl, but you're trying to use them against him anyways.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #4) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:30 pm

alvinz95 wrote:Awww.... I was wrong. Sorry guys. But still ya'll are out to get me for this so I should claim soon.
You're right, suspicious players should claim before they get lynched. :roll:

Vote: Alvinz95
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:24 pm

alvinz95 wrote:Only scum would have not NK'ed me. Leave me to die for Day 2 eh? Start the wagon?
What in the world was the purpose of this post?
icemanE wrote:I think at this stage it's clear that rofl is town.
rofl wrote: alvin you are a moron no matter what your alignment is.
I doubt he'd say that if he were mafia.
iceman you are a wifom no matter what your alignment is.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #6) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Iceman, Eljcko: What did Alvinz say that made you think he's town? Use quotes.

Alvinz: Why didn't you let Aly claim?

Khelvaster: Would you describe yourself as egotistical?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #7) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:05 pm

alvinz95 wrote:
EA wrote:Alvinz: Why didn't you let Aly claim?
Cause I'm playing recklessly in this game and trying out a new style which is acting incredibly scummy :P .
That's not what I meant. What I meant is, what disadvantage did you expect would come out of letting Aly claim?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #8) » Tue May 20, 2008 12:56 am

alvinz95 wrote:Really, I
the only people on me should be scum
since they probably laughed really hard when I hammered for the heck of it. Yes I am a town idiot.
Oh really, because that's not what you said at the day's onset:
alvinz95 wrote:Awww.... I was wrong. Sorry guys.
But still ya'll are out to get me for this
so I should claim soon.
So what changed?

I'm not sure how useful a meta-read on alvinz is since he's not playing like he did in any of his previous games, but there's one thing I am certain on: unless he's somehow managed to drop several dozen IQ points in between when I read him and this game, I don't believe for a second that he's a "village idiot". He knows damn well what he's doing, and I know he knows.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Fri May 23, 2008 12:01 am

Alvinz: What evidence led you to the conclusion that "most likely all the scum are on my wagon"?

Roflcopter: How exactly does your plan to lynch Xyzzy today and Eljcko tomorrow differ from Khelvaster/Xyzzy's "ducks in a row", "lining up his next few mislynches", et cetera?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #10) » Sat May 24, 2008 9:43 pm

I spent too much time focusing on my other games and don't have any for this one tonight, sorry. Big post soon, I promise.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Sun May 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Here's my analysis of each of today's lynch candidates. You'll notice I left off Roflcopter and IcemanE, this is intentional. They can only be scum if Alvinz is scum (they both declined the opportunity to hammer Alvinz, which they wouldn't have if they were scum and Alvinz town), so if either or both of them is scum then Alvinz must be scum and as such there's no reason to even consider lynching them before Alvinz.

2extreme1
has done nothing today but bandwagon, first on Khelvaster then on Alvinz. In neither of these two posts does he come up with any insight of his own, and on the Khel vote he doesn't even tell what he finds suspicious of him. Both times, he looks more like he's "going with the flow" than scumhunting.

Not convinced he's scum, but I may pressure vote him if he continues down the path of few small posts.

-----

Alvinz95
still sets my scumdar ablaze. I've played in a game where he was town before, and if I had a dollar for every difference between his play in that game and this one, I'd... uh... have a lot of money. (Sorry, my cleverness seems to be shot today.) His "village idiot" defense is crap and my attempt to get him to give his real reason for quick-hammering Aly went unsuccessful, and there's no reason for a townie to be hiding that.

-----

Eljcko
has by far the strongest scum read other than Alvinz. All he's done today is try to stall the Alvinz wagon and then lurk like a champ. Combined with the craplogic from yesterday I still haven't seen him do anything I'd call protown. Actually since the Alvinz wagon has gone as far as it's gonna go at the moment and Eljcko needs some pressure I think he's a better use of my vote, so

Unvote, Vote: Eljcko

-----

Minineko
is the towniest player to me. I see no scumming under his name, only good analysis. Not much more I have to say about him.

-----

Xyzzy
I get a mixed signal from.
In general
I agree with the analysis he posts, but the attack on Alvinz/Ice/Eljcko and subsequent attack on Alvinz/Ice but not Eljcko makes no town sense. If Eljcko turns up scum, I would support a Xyzzy lynch.

I believe that answers everything asked of me, and more.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #12) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:12 am

icemanE wrote:
EA wrote:The only connection between Rofl and Aly is that they're both attacking the same player. It feels like you're trying hard to make a lot, lot more out of the Rofl/Aly connection than there really is, and it smells opportunistic.

Unvote, Vote: Eljcko.
Weak case. Not deserving of a vote, maybe an FoS, maybe.
No shit it was weak, it was my first step out of the random voting stage. Try finding someone with a strong case on page 2.
icemanE wrote:
EA wrote:They can only be scum if Alvinz is scum (they both declined the opportunity to hammer Alvinz, which they wouldn't have if they were scum and Alvinz town), so if either or both of them is scum then Alvinz must be scum and as such there's no reason to even consider lynching them before Alvinz.
Firstly I don't think you should discount ANYONE, including myself, based on whether or not another player is scum. Also, I don't quite follow your logic on this one, could you elaborate?
We're in LyLo, Alvinz was at L-1. If he's town, any scum among Roflcopter, Eljcko, and Iceman could have hammered Alvinz and won. You and Rofl said you weren't going to vote Alvinz at this time, so it is impossible for you or Rofl to be scum and Alvinz to be town.
alvinz95 wrote:and YOU, have not been too helpful.
This isn't just the pot calling the kettle black. This is the pot joining the KKK, ascending to the rank of Grand Wizard, and then running for president on an apartheid platform so as to get the kettle segregated.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #13) » Thu May 29, 2008 7:56 am

2extreme1 wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Also I'd like to hear from:

2extreme1

What would you like to hear? I've stated my opinions and really don't have much more to say in the matter

FoS 2extreme1 for intentional lurking. This kind of attitude won't help further discussion.
Yeah, that's such a lurk. I asked him what he wanted to hear from me. If i wanted to lurk i wouldn't have posted anything at all.
From the MafiaWiki page on Lurking:
MafiaWiki wrote:A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game. Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #14) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:47 pm

icemanE wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
2extreme1 wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Also I'd like to hear from:

2extreme1

What would you like to hear? I've stated my opinions and really don't have much more to say in the matter

FoS 2extreme1 for intentional lurking. This kind of attitude won't help further discussion.
Yeah, that's such a lurk. I asked him what he wanted to hear from me. If i wanted to lurk i wouldn't have posted anything at all.
From the MafiaWiki page on Lurking:
MafiaWiki wrote:A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game. Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said.
EA - thanks for meeting that very definition with your post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO U
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #15) » Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 pm

roflcopter wrote:oh my, erratus, your last two posts give such a strong impression of activity, but i can't seem to find any contribution therein to the forward progress of this game.
As opposed to all the other posts since Xyzzy was put on L-1 that made fuckloads of forward progress, right. Nobody's done anything to change my opinion of them since 192.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:22 pm

I've lost all patience waiting for 2ex to post something substantial. He needs to at least post a suspect list
TODAY
, no exception.

Unvote, vote: 2extreme1
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 am

roflcopter wrote:no, i'm not saying in terms of balance it would be broken, i'm saying in terms of fairmodding the first roleblocker shouldn't replace a hypothetical backup roleblocker because the backup roleblocker shouldn't know the first roleblocker's N0 target. i'm 100% confident however that this didn't happen and you are scum.
Good point.

I still think it's important that 2ex posts a suspect list before getting a chance to nighttalk. Once that happens the hammer will fall.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:43 am

alvinz95 wrote:
Vote: Erratus Apathos

-Completely ignoring xyzzy's claim
o rly
Erratus Apathos wrote:
roflcopter wrote:no, i'm not saying in terms of balance it would be broken, i'm saying in terms of fairmodding the first roleblocker shouldn't replace a hypothetical backup roleblocker because the backup roleblocker shouldn't know the first roleblocker's N0 target. i'm 100% confident however that this didn't happen and you are scum.
Good point.

I still think it's important that 2ex posts a suspect list before getting a chance to nighttalk. Once that happens the hammer will fall.
So tell me, how does switching from "I think xyzzy is town and don't want his lynch" to "I think xyzzy is scum and I intend to hammer him"
solely on the basis of his claim
constitute ignoring his claim?
-Jumping on my wagon
Oh your god, I suck.
-Basically on xyzzy's side(scum)
You are right, everyone who thought xyzzy was town must be scum. I don't have the faintest idea how Minineko and I expected to get away with our obvscummery.
icemanE wrote:OK, I'm short on time ATM so I can't post comprehensive reasoning currently, will do later, but I have to say that I agree EA is scum. As far as an EA - Ecto scum team is concerned, I don't know if I can believe that. Ecto (2ex) has been EA's target for scrutiny all game. At this stage either an EA - Korts teams makes sense or an Ecto - Korts team is plausible.
How is Ecto-Korts plausible if you agree I'm scum? When did I attack 2ex before post 192?
Korts wrote:What alvinz says about the Ecto-EA pair is pretty plausible. You say, icemanE, that EA has constantly kept pressure on 2ex, but don't you find it suspicious that EA would try to keep pushing the 2ex case despite everything else? It was obvious that the 2ex wagon wouldn't go anywhere soon.
Quoted for obvscummery. You yourself said this yesterday:
Korts wrote:EA does have a point, though. Extreme shouldn't duck out of contributing once in a while.
Yesterday the 2ex pressure was protown, now all of a sudden it's scummy? Try to justify that without making me laugh.
icemanE wrote:EA barely acknowledged the wagon on X, who turned up scum. Perhaps, as you suggest, EA meant to dissociate himself with the X wagon by harping on 2ex, knowing that nobody was going to get up in arms against 2ex.
I said in post 192 that I thought xyzzy was town, I don't know how much clearer I could have been regarding him. And yes I was aware that 2ex wouldn't get wagoned. That wasn't my goal, my goal was simply to get him to post.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:48 am

icemanE wrote:The bomb:

Perhaps there is no vig at all! A bomb is an easy possible explanation:

This role is usually designed to kill anyone who night kills it, or sometimes even the first person to target it. The second option makes it more dangerous to the town and thus a liability, whereas the first variation can become nearly impossible to get rid of in the endgame for scum.

Rofl could be bomb.

That's really the only explanation I can imagine right now.
Forgotten your result from last night already? If he's a bomb/army veteran/PGO, I'd be dead too.

Anyways, claim time. I'm a
gunsmith

N0: AlyG, gunless.
N1: Alvinz, no result.
N2: Korts, gun.
N3: Rofl, gun.

Rofl claim.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:19 am

N0 Aly was random obv. N2 Korts was because of his unexplained jump onto the Xyzzy wagon, which resembled a bus so much that it was bright yellow and taking children to school. N3 Rofl because he spent all day votehopping onto the easiest lynches yesterday.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:42 pm

roflcopter wrote:night two i decided not to shoot after my mishap the night before, and since i was torn on which of korts and erratus would be scum and didn't want to misfire again.
So I was on a game show this one time, and the host offered me two briefcases filled with thousands of dollars, and told me to pick one. I couldn't figure out which one had the most money in it, so I did the only sensible thing and turned both of them down.

THAT is how full of shit you are. And even if we pretend that you really did lose your trademark huge cajones and send in a nokill, this doesn't match up one bit with reality. Prior to night two, you were CERTAIN that the remaining scumpair was Korts/Neko, it wasn't until after Neko came up town that you suspected me. But pretending you were suspicious of me the whole time is more convenient for building a crapwagon on me, isn't it? Lynch all revisionist historians.

Vote: Roflcopter
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:38 am

Yeah since there are clearly two killing roles and both Alvinz and Iceman are confirmed, that does kind of leave me as the one with some splaining to do. I'm the
Mafia Framer
. My actual targets:

N0: 2extreme1 (frame)
N1: malthusis (kill)
N2: roflcopter (kill)
N3: roflcopter (kill)

Notice anything? (A) rofl has at least one shot of NK-immunity and (B) rofl also lied about N2, mafia didn't kill neko so I know he did. Rofl is the SK. Meaning, if you lynch me you're fucked and if you lynch him you're fucked. The only reasonable play for town is no lynch, Alvinz protects Iceman to ensure both townies don't die, and pray for crossfire. (And even if rofl was a vig and not an SK, if we no lynch then he would theoretically shoot me tonight and you'll win anyways.)

Unvote, Vote: No lynch
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:07 am

Three times in a row :evil:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”