Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Electra »

Hi kids. Just popping in to say hi.

42 pages, does that seem like a unnecessary number?

Will make another post when I'm done reading everything.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Electra »

Sorry, I'm really busy this weekend (at a convention in Atlanta) so I have yet to finish reading. Since we are in a dire situation, I think it's best for me to look at things carefully. I promise I'll figure something out for you guys on Monday. :)
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Electra »

In terms of massclaim, I don't think we're deep enough into the game to make it worthwhile. There are too many townies left over, I feel. Even though it's LyLo, if we mass claim, we might get scum today, but then they would have all the information they need to make smart nightkills, and we'd probably lose in the long run anyway.

I'm fine with a cop claim if it clears people who are questionable, but not if it clears people who are already not being looked at. Suffice to say, I'm also fine with a cop claim that IDs mafia.

I think we should give the cop maybe 24hoursish to decide if it's worth claiming, and if not, continue scumhunting with the standard of getting the person to claim when he's about to die.

Anyway, I don't think sthar and veerus are scum together because they are supporting each other far too much. After reading through, sthar looks like scum to me, but I'm not going to vote yet in the off chance that he's innocent and then three scum can just jump on and end the game.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Electra »

If massclaiming is the best way to find mafia, then why don't all games have a massclaim on day 1? :p
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Electra »

sthar8 wrote:It's good to see that our new player isn't above unsupported statements and false generalisation.
Interesting that you refer to my statements as unsupported rather than scummy.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Electra »

Just pointing out that scum has a tendency to respond to questions about the gameplay because it's not related to scumhunting and therefore is active but not incriminating.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Electra »

What do you mean by this, Rage?

"You know, I can't help but remember when BridgesAndBaloons said:

Goatrevolt wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
And why wasn't Goat NKed?

Tons of possibilities to explain this.

How.. interesting. "

Anyway, I'll be the one more person to be won over, since I'm not fond of sitting in a stalled game. Popcorn works for me too.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Electra »

same :)
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Electra »

*jumps on the vanilla wagon*

=\

I guess sthar is last?
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Electra »

@ Rage - veerus claims to have been blocked Night 2, while sthar claims to have been blocked night 1, correct? I would think that they're both the roles they claimed, as we have no one coming up and counterclaiming, etc. I also looked through sthar's posts, and he started the day by saying that he thought goat was a misguided town, which I took as a scum tell, but it makes sense if he got an innocent on goat.

The only thing that doesn't sit right with this whole situation is that the mafia roleblocker seems way too lucky. However, from what I can tell, this game doesn't seem like it would be structured in a more complicated way than what we can see, so I'm forced to accept this theory for now.

So assuming this...

Electra(cerebus3)
StrangerCoug
Skillit
Rage(Jshark)(joonster)
BridgesAndBalloonsGhostWriter

So these are the vanilla claimers. I know that I'm protown, and so does the other unconfirmed town. And then the other three are mafia then? Honestly, these are pretty good odds for hitting mafia, at least from the perspective of me and the other real town.

I'm going to look through again and try to see which three players would seem most like a scum team to me.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Electra »

At this point, I think I find Rage and Skillet to be the most innocent of the claimed vanillas. I'm pretty sure there's no way that both of them are Mafia. So if my theory is correct, then BaB and StrangerCoug are both scum? Discuss.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Electra »

Sorry for lack of posting, I was busy this weekend.
Goatrevolt wrote:
veerus wrote:Unless I am persuaded otherwise by the other two confirmed townies (goat & sthar8), I will probably cast my vote for BAB soon.
Don't. SC/Electra/Skillit are all ganging up on BaB right now. I'm sorry, but that doesn't inspire me to vote BaB. All 3 of those players maintain that the others are suspicious, but yet they are all pushing BaB. Electra then SC would be my current top picks for who we should lynch.

The arguments against BaB are weak. Him agreeing that SC is scum shouldn't implicate himself, and him leaving himself off his own list is pretty much null to me.
Sorry, I don't see where I am "ganging up" on BaB. I am fine with either a BaB or a StrangerCoug lynch today, because I feel like it's the smartest choice, I've already stated my view on the game, but I guess I'll repeat it. sthar, veerus, and goatrevolt are essentially cleared, I can clear myself, that leaves, from my perspective, four potential suspects of which I find Rage and Skillet to be the least likely to be scum. I think it's very likely that we'll lynch Mafia today, but that doesn't necessarily mean we can win.

Obviously, it's much easier if we lynch the roleblocker today, and I'm not sure who I'd find most likely to be the roleblocker - I haven't really played games where there are roleblocker "tells."

As for my suspicions on sthar - first of all, I like to come into a game with suspicions, I don't know if anyone here remembers Internet Stranger, but the point is, if you attack someone, they can make mistakes, and other people can react, and you get more information. Sthar was my best suspicion, and I would have continued to suspect him had he not claimed cop.

That said, I will
vote: strangercoug

Unless someone has some brilliant way of finding this roleblocker, I'm satisfied with simply lynching mafia. While it sucks that our power roles may be townies from now on, it is pretty lucky that both roles have survived up to now, which means that it's a free clear. If strangercoug is the roleblocker, great- in this case, sthar should investigate the person he finds most innocent - with the assumption that if he does get an innocent, then the other two are mafia.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Electra »

Sorry for lack of posting, I was busy this weekend.
Goatrevolt wrote:
veerus wrote:Unless I am persuaded otherwise by the other two confirmed townies (goat & sthar8), I will probably cast my vote for BAB soon.
Don't. SC/Electra/Skillit are all ganging up on BaB right now. I'm sorry, but that doesn't inspire me to vote BaB. All 3 of those players maintain that the others are suspicious, but yet they are all pushing BaB. Electra then SC would be my current top picks for who we should lynch.

The arguments against BaB are weak. Him agreeing that SC is scum shouldn't implicate himself, and him leaving himself off his own list is pretty much null to me.
Sorry, I don't see where I am "ganging up" on BaB. I am fine with either a BaB or a StrangerCoug lynch today, because I feel like it's the smartest choice, I've already stated my view on the game, but I guess I'll repeat it. sthar, veerus, and goatrevolt are essentially cleared, I can clear myself, that leaves, from my perspective, four potential suspects of which I find Rage and Skillet to be the least likely to be scum. I think it's very likely that we'll lynch Mafia today, but that doesn't necessarily mean we can win.

Obviously, it's much easier if we lynch the roleblocker today, and I'm not sure who I'd find most likely to be the roleblocker - I haven't really played games where there are roleblocker "tells."

As for my suspicions on sthar - first of all, I like to come into a game with suspicions, I don't know if anyone here remembers Internet Stranger, but the point is, if you attack someone, they can make mistakes, and other people can react, and you get more information. Sthar was my best suspicion, and I would have continued to suspect him had he not claimed cop.

That said, I will
vote: strangercoug

Unless someone has some brilliant way of finding this roleblocker, I'm satisfied with simply lynching mafia. While it sucks that our power roles may be townies from now on, it is pretty lucky that both roles have survived up to now, which means that it's a free clear. If strangercoug is the roleblocker, great- in this case, sthar should investigate the person he finds most innocent - with the assumption that if he does get an innocent, then the other two are mafia.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Electra »

Oops, sorry for double post. I was getting the suspended server message and didn't realize one had gone through.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Electra »

I really don't see a point to BaB's self vote, mainly because if he's mafia, and even if he had three votes instead of two (i.e. in the case where there are three mafia, and two available to vote), then mafia aren't going to jump on and kill him, and if he's town and strangercoug is not mafia, because he selfvoted, he can just as easily take off his own vote if people try to rush lynch him. Also, if he's town, then strangercoug must me mafia (by the numbers), so there's no option of a rush lynch anyway.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Electra »

Goatrevolt wrote:I think Coug/Electra are a scum pair. Does BaB fit as scum with them? That I do not know.

@Electra: Why did you vote Coug over BaB?

I simply don't feel that BaB is our best lynch today. He doesn't work as the roleblocker, and I think there are signs of him being pro-town beyond even the one I pointed out earlier. I'm not fully sold on this read, by any stretch, but I'm wary about lynching him today.

Anyway, I feel comfortable voting Coug. Anyone have any reasons why I should not do so?
Two reasons - he already had a vote on him, and people seem to think he's more likely to be a roleblocker. Since I am neutral between BaB and Strangercoug, it makes more sense to vote him.

As for being a scumpair... the only thing I can say is, no. :p Unfortunately, I can't defend against the actions of cerebus, except to say that the evidence only seems like evidence when looking at it from that viewpoint.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Electra »

Weird... I thought I just posted but my post is not here.

Anyway, I'm here, but nothing has really happened, and I'm already voting. I'm even more confident that BaB/StrangerCoug are Mafia considering how slowly we're moving (or not moving) to a lynch.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Electra »

So my opinions haven't changed, except now I'm 100% sure StrangerCoug is scum.

If we assume there's three Mafia, and looking at the votes on him:

Goatrevolt (town), Electra (town), BaB (?)

So if StrangerCoug is town, and even if BaB is scum, then the Mafia would already win by just voting him since he only needs two more to lynch. Obviously this has not happened, so obviously Coug is Mafia.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Electra »

Rage wrote:Electra, that would be a good observation except for the fact that it takes 5 votes to lynch and StrangerCoug has 2. Also, if he's obviously scum, why haven't you voted for him?

I have voted for him... and he has three votes.

FOS: Rage, Skillet

While I thought that BaB was more likely to be scum before, your reluctance to vote is particularly scummy. Rage, you're saying that you prefer a Coug lynch but are not putting a vote on, even though we do not have very much time left. Reluctance to commit to the death of your scum partner? Meanwhile Skillet, you continue to fervently fight for a BaB lynch, once again, despite how we have not very much time left. The intensity of your protest only seems to make sense if Coug is your scum partner and you want to lynch BaB (town?) to win.

At any rate, at least to me, Coug's scumminess has been 100% confirmed, and so there's no reason for me to pursue other avenues today.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Electra »

Rage wrote:Electra, do you remember how it takes two town votes on a townie to make a lynch? And, where do you see any of my reluctance to vote? In fact, I haven't mentioned my vote at all because 1) I can't believe a word anyone says and 2) My vote is much more important that those of our claimed power roles. Why? Because they are, and I hate to admit it, more "confirmed" than I am. But, alas, I've already explained what I think of veerus and Sthra8.

You know when I said "how can you be so sure scum isn't already on the wagon"? Yeah, you've managed to avoid that and instead put pressure on me. Super!
I know that I'm not mafia. Goatrevolt has been confirmed by the cop. BaB I don't know about, but even if he's scum, there's already two townies on the Coug wagon. Therefore, to me, I can see that Coug is scum. It's frustrating to me that no one else has my perspective because it's very clear to me. =\
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Electra »

How do you get from
sthar8 wrote:I'm still not sold on the SC scumminess theory, but Electra's logical argument is intriguing. I believe she is correct, and after I run the numbers myself to make sure, I will probably vote based on her argument.
to
Vote: Electra
even though I'm apparently the only one who finds her suspicious.
?
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Electra »

I see.. I was completely lost as to why you guys were not voting Coug, but I guess you ignored the mod saying that it was LyLo. :p

The only thing I regret is entering the game with an attitude of not being a cop - I would have rather claimed cop than vanilla (since I was second to last in popcorn). xD

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”