Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #494 (isolation #0) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 492, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 487, NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 484, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 483, NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 481, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Wait a second Naha, You seemed surprised when you learned that Sigmund started a wagon on Monkey, which you townread them for it. But you later admitted that you thought Monkey was town. How does that track?
It tracks because I have the ability to know that townies can be wrong.
Then why- for a reason other than I am always scum *eyeroll*- do you not give me the same charity?
It is the way you approached the wagon and the progression being unreasonable.

You joined the wagon later on when it started getting hotter, defying a read on a player that started that very same wagon.

This is why you are being suspected - NOT because you voted someone I townread, but because of the circumstances surrounding that vote and the reasoning being inconsistent and explained in a way that is uncharitable to the points monkey made.

There is a difference in approach here. And I won't be tolerating any manipulation of what I am pointing out with any "gotcha!" with situation that clearly have different levels of nuance to them.
If you based your entire read of someone off of "Well they think like me, so they're +town", would you want to take the first reasonable chance to get more from them?

I may have scumread Sigmund, but that is irrelevant because I came into this game from the get go with a "I am fallible, I make mistakes, I should try to re-evaluate my reads from time to time" mindset which meant in that time doing something to make it easier to re-evaluate Sigmund later (getting a better grip on what Monkey's alignment is.)

I will admit that my execution was shit, terrible, god-awful, and that I took mental shortcuts, and almost gave up the mindset I game into this game with when I dealt with Monkey, and for that I apologize for not being a better player.
However
, what I did was in earnest investigation of Monkey's alignment.

I'm not interested in Gotchas. They bore me, because they almost always shut down any reasonable conversation, which devolves into pre-written scripts about how the other side bad and whatnot. That discourse is boring, pointless, and very draining.
You're going to have to find me a scum if you wish to make me change my mind on you because as far as I am concerned you intention slipped with your treatment of monkey thus far.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1864, Anya wrote:can't believe sigmund got away with two lolhammers plus trying to bait one on me in rvs plus declaring himself basically confirmed town today

just gotta be in awe really
he got the 2nd one because of mod error too lol

joke
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1873 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

So - I was around when I saw the T3 revote. However, I was too busy to make a message to mods since I was at work. I was going to unvote but I thought to myself whatever. But then the thread got unlocked hours later.

You NEVER lock thread before counting votes. And if you do - its only because you're going to count votes RIGHT AFTER.

It was terrible and helped scum gain an advantage in this case.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1874 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I was trying to force mini to claim and was going to unvote when I saw the claim.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1875 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also this game shows why you 10000% always punish quickhammers. you don't let that shit slide. scum only got as far as they did because no one punished any of them.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Yeah game is lowkey compromised so no need to consider it a real L ;)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1889, Menalque wrote:
In post 1873, DkKoba wrote:You NEVER lock thread before counting votes. And if you do - its only because you're going to count votes RIGHT AFTER.

It was terrible and helped scum gain an advantage in this case.
This has never been universal or even strongly accepted practice on site, and I’ve been in my share of games where a mod has incorrectly locked thread early and only unlocked later due to being busy irl. It’s never been a determining factor in the result in my opinion, and I strongly reject the suggestion that it compromised the game.

If you have concerns along those lines, I suggest making a complaint to a listmod, otherwise kindly refrain from diminishing the scumteam’s performance.
Ive been modding games for a while now and its bad mod practice stop pretending otherwise.
You dont lock threads without being sure its hammer.
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”