Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5548 (isolation #1002) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Dats is probably asleep at 4 am so the risk is pretty low? I don't really see what you gain from this though.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5562 (isolation #1003) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5553, Andresvmb wrote:
This is totally absurd though. You have supposed Confirmed Scum on your sights, and you’re agreeing to voting elsewhere? Is this really what was happening?
This is not what I agreed to at all. My vote is never moving from IV today.

Mathblade is telling me he wants to do a silly reaction test.

I told him I didn't want him to do anything silly.

He said he wants to see if IV/Me are S/S by voting for Andres.

I said "ok" because I know I'm not scum and Datisi is probably asleep at 4am so risk is minimal.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5563 (isolation #1004) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

Mathblade is not proposing to vote for you.

He wanted to vote you, see if me/iv quickhammer and then unvote a minute later in order to "clear" IV/Me as S/S
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5564 (isolation #1005) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:What Aristeia was doing to Mathblade for example seemed designed to get them to question their skills and worldview to the point where they either fail to act completely, or do what they wanted them to do. It’s manipulative in the extreme. I can’t TR it.
Regardless of whether you tr what I did to mathblade - the fact remains it was effective in preventing a town loss yesterday.

If your preference is to have me shut up and just lose the game yesterday - I don't see how that's a protown POV?

If anything your insistence that no lim was bad and the scum would "obviously" shoot in mb/iv yesterday was kind of a bad take since we now
know
it to be not true. Yet you continue to double down that iv/mb must be town by mech.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5565 (isolation #1006) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:I also think the player least likely to be Scum is Mathblade. Mechanically, I don’t see it. I don’t see how we have a false clear.
It's really weird to me how you can both think that a false clear is impossible because of ????? yet believe I can be a Scum Ascetic - which by definition is a false clear if I get targetted by VPB...
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5567 (isolation #1007) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

I guess I can beg Datisi and you can beg Andres?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5580 (isolation #1008) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

This is very obviously IV's scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5589 (isolation #1009) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5582, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 5580, Aristeia wrote:This is very obviously IV's scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today.
Have I played with you besides that other Gypyx game?

You keep going "meta this", "meta that"

Show me ONE recent scum game where I did this that I'm "obviously in my scum meta"
It's not about what you do in your scum games - it's a mindset. You are unable to replicate your townie enthusiasm to solve over sustained periods of time when you are mafia, it is fairly evident if one reads your games that this is something you are either incapable of doing or choose not to do for whatever reason.

The fact that you are trying to narrow the scope of my argument by making me find a game where you duplicated this exact behavior set is moving the goalposts and trying to set up something that is impossible. You yourself have stated in the past that you are a very polarized player and lack the ability to duplicate your townie-solviness.

For reference here are your past games played since I played with you in Mini 2239:

M1035

You are Mafia

You open up with some jokes - you don't really ever seriously solve during this game - you get run up early on day one and make a doctor claim, people believe that doctor claim and you curiously survive all the way into endgame where you win your 1v1 and the game.

M1034

You are Town

You display active solving through all three dayphases in which you are alive, you display a range of emotions after being pushed, you are obviously pushing the game state foward. Even on the last day when you are dead wrong you continue to push your convictions all the way to the point where you get lol-hammered by the last scum and you make him pay for the hammer and end up winning the game.

O841

You are town

You display active solving during Day One - Become Universally Townread - Push multiple spots, reads etc. You get nightkilled on night one because of the threat you pose to the scum team and your relatively strong position in the town.

O843

You are Mafia

This is probably your best scum game out of the ones I've read - you opened very strongly somewhat in line with your town meta - get universally TRed - but as your partner begins to take control of the game state you kind of fall of and let him do it and push a mislim in your hood. You pop in only near the end to protest feebly and on Day Two your activity markedly drops off and you halfheartedly fight a 1v1 with Esther by mech that you more or less throw in order to give your better positioned partner a good chance to win via endgame as the nightkill selection would favor him more if Esther is a forced NK on N2. You play tremendously well but you only really maintain this for a few days on day one and that's by design due to the strategy the scum team decides to run.

M1026

You are Mafia

You mostly meme and joke and your iso is full of one-liners and self defense and random hypotheticals. You end up getting elimmed on Day 3.

The main difference I find between your scum games and your town games is that you don't really enjoy playing scum - as in if you don't have to be there, you won't be there - You rarely display depth in thinking as scum - You struggle to find enthusiasm to engage with the game as scum and you actually use your polarized playstyle to demand people "townread you for effort" as town which is somewhat fair as when you're scum you like to find excuses to dodge the thread.

You don't like to get your hands dirty but you'll put up a fight when you get pushed or cornered - you are happy to make fake-claims that will allow you to slink through the POE and you are ok being sacrificed early if it will help your team later down the line but if your survival is ++scum win con you will dig down and fight when threatened.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5593 (isolation #1010) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Aristeia »

For reference this is your post stating that you are an extremely polarized player:

IV's Post

This is your post stating you haven't been miseliminated in 1.5 years and you take pride in never being mis-eliminated:

IV's Post

All of this points to a player with a hyper polarized meta difference between scum/town meta.

You are clearly in your scum meta for the reasons I have already outlined above.

Obviously I won't find a game where you play the exact same way as this game since the circumstances are different - however your inability to solve/care at all about the game until today where you are locked in a 1v1 at elo shows a tremendous lack of curiosity and enthuiasm that is far more evident of scum!you than town!you.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5594 (isolation #1011) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5591, Datisi wrote:because i don't think ari lolsheeps me onto BOTH of her scumbuddies on day one.
I would bus my entire scum team for you dear - it's hurtful that you think I wouldn't do that for you.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5595 (isolation #1012) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Aristeia »

addendum:

IV's Post

Here IV admits he absolutely hates playing scum.

Which explains his absence for all of Day 3/4 as he was considered "mech-cleared" and people were pushing on Frogster/Ari/Mathblade as viable eliminations. There was no need for IV to play when he could simply coast and do nothing and as a result he decided to not play because there is no reason for him to put effort into solving when the town is busy trying to commit suicide to hand a win to him.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5596 (isolation #1013) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Spoiler: For Dats
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5599 (isolation #1014) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Aristeia »

hmm ok how about this;

Spoiler: How I think me and Dats would be like in real life

Spoiler: that selfie
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5600 (isolation #1015) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5598, Datisi wrote:
In post 5596, Aristeia wrote:
Spoiler: For Dats
:>

i hope you're feeling better by now, ari. and i hope we can and do win together.

I hope you are town as well too !

I don't think I care as much about winning anymore as I do about getting my read of you correct.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5602 (isolation #1016) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Aristeia »

mm how about this one of a cat who discovers the miracle of tissue boxes?

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5607 (isolation #1017) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5604, innocentvillager wrote:You keep saying that I was gone D3 because I'm fake conftown and didn't want to rock the boat - If I was scum, being conftown by "False mech" isn't something I could've relied on in ELO given selection bias of still being alive and eventually my "coasting" would be called into serious question.
I'm fairly sure if I didn't freak out at Mathblade you would've actually sleepwalked into a win yesterday without even trying if Mathblade had kept his vote on me and then IV/Andres pile on too.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5608 (isolation #1018) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5604, innocentvillager wrote:All of your analysis there is ignoring the fact that I'm changing my playstyle, which I've mentioned many times, and deliberately been allocating a lot less to this game than normal.
You do not have a single completed town game under this "new playstyle"

It is a convenient excuse you are using as scum.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5609 (isolation #1019) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5604, innocentvillager wrote:@Aristeia I'm surprised you went through all that and it's interesting to see your take on it (which I believe is genuine) but none of my polarization is a secret, everyone knows my old meta is to be polarized. My original accusation was your statement that I'm "obviously in his scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today" - this is the specific claim you made and that was the specific claim I wanted you to back up, which you couldn't do, you just went on a generic deep meta of me.
My claim is fairly simple - you don't like to play scum - one way to read for your scum game is to simply see how much enthusiasm you have for solving the game - because you have stated yourself you just don't like to play scum.

You had basically zero interest in this game yesterday as the game was lurching towards an elimination of me at Mylo - that lack of curiosity even at the endgame is a hard scum tell for you.

Now today you have much more interest because you are in a 1v1 where winning is on the line and you are viable to be eliminated.

If your actual excuse of "I'm just not interested in mafia and that's why I'm awol" were true - you wouldn't suddenly snap from utter disinterest yesterday to actually posting and fighting today.

You will probably make the excuse that you are interested today because your own life is on the line and you are survivalistic as town - but that ignores the fact that as uninformed town you could not have known my alignment yesterday when you decided to blindsheep mathblade and that disinterest is extremely strange since mis-eliminating me yesterday literally ends the game which is bad for you even if you survive to get endgamed as town.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5610 (isolation #1020) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5605, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 5589, Aristeia wrote:Even on the last day when you are dead wrong
Completely not game related, how was I dead wrong in this game my reads were fine lol. I never townread any of the scum and I only briefly pushed Facebones and Holden before realizing they were likely town. I had Pooky as most likely scum after Nor replaced in. Also, I don't usually push scumreads with conviction, that's super rare from me too.
Perhaps you were not completely wrong but you kept your mind open and were solving on every day of that game despite the game being never in elo when you were alive.

Here even at Mylo you were basically apathetic and didn't particularly care about solving or doing anything other than blindly sheeping - the motivation for this is clearly because scum!you just wants and easy win and if Mathblade is going to deathtunnel Town!Ari you see no reason to get in his way when you can just sheep him to victory.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5612 (isolation #1021) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Thanks MB

You won't regret voting for IV <3
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5728 (isolation #1022) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5720, Datisi wrote:my fucking god, this game gave me so much stress

the last day gave me so much STRESS
I don't think it was that close? You did very well dear <3
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5729 (isolation #1023) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Thanks for modding Catboi !

Sorry again for being incredibly rude to you Mathblade - most of what I said was really uncalled for and undeserved - you did really well to get to the right answer given enough time and I should've had faith that you would be able to get there rather than bombard you with abuse.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5733 (isolation #1024) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5731, Datisi wrote:
In post 5728, Aristeia wrote:I don't think it was that close? You did very well dear <3
i still got nervous

thank you for saving us and turning it onto iv <3
mmmm it was mostly you not voting for me on day 4? as long as you didn't vote for me I couldn't die because house/me were never going to vote for me and as long as we got to night without elimming then IV would get exposed.

so thank you for having faith that I was not scum even when it was very hard for you to <3
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5735 (isolation #1025) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Aristeia »

mmmm when things looked really awful I just listened to that song you picked out for me and everything felt so much better.

thanks for saving me more than once : )
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5745 (isolation #1026) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Aristeia »

yea I can't really fill my iso with fluffy flirt with Datisi posts if I am informed of his alignment :<
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5749 (isolation #1027) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5743, DkKoba wrote:
In post 5738, innocentvillager wrote:Ftr none of my playstyle change was fake, I truly did intend to play this game with less low activity as either alignment. Just didn’t imagine how difficult it’d be and it extra hard as scum. Hopefully I’ll see you guys around in the future and give it another shot
you gotta do the "high volume high activity" play as scum first before you dip into the opposite spectrum :P
I think this makes more sense - expanding scumrange is more challenging and +ev while mimicking scum meta as town is kind of -ev and somewhat trivial.

Hope you will have more time to play with us later IV :). it seemed like you had a lot more time/energy for the game when 90% of the posts weren't me/mathblade screaming at each other.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5754 (isolation #1028) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5751, innocentvillager wrote:It’s less about trying to be less polarized and more on trying to play a style that doesn’t make me want to surround the thread 24/7 and spew thoughts because it can affect my RL when I don’t have proper life/mafia separation.
I think having a set time where you are online/post and refusing to post outside of that set time is fine. Strikes a pretty good balance? You can do a post cap per day for yourself where you only do like 5-10 posts per day and refuse to do more.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5757 (isolation #1029) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think you guys could've won if you had killed Mathblade instead of House - it would've been very hard imo for Datisi to not vote for House atp.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”