Mini 275: Subject Mafia - It's all over!

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:05 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

OMGUS Vote: Sineish
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:32 am

I'm sorry for the limited posting here. Something came up that I wasn't expecting. I will be away/very limited this weekend, so I will probably post something on Monday.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:11 am

The reasons I posted in other threads while not posting in this one are several:
1. All of those games are much more developed than this one. There were things that needed to be said, and that I already knew I needed to say. They usually didn't require analysis. This game had just started, and required a lot of analysis. My one long post (in Star Wars Quote Mafia) was composed entirely offline. As I had not had time to read most of this thread, I couldn't really compose a post offline.
2. This game is on day 1. I believe someone already mentioned this, but it stands none the less. Day 1 is less important than potential lynch or lose situations.
3. This gameis moving more quickly than any of my other games. We are on page five already. This game also has a number of players I haven't played with before. Getting a read on them is more difficult than players I already know.

As for showing up only after I was mentioned, I didn't actually know I had been mentioned. I hadn't read that far in the thread. I merely realized that I hadn't posted in this thread, and wasn't going to have time to post very soon. You don't have to believe this, but it is true nontheless.

Now that I 've explained myself, I'll go on the offensive:
snowmonkey wrote:
Kenji wrote:Gah.....

Miali1020 - 1 (Jimmy the Rez)
RangeroftheNorth - 1 (Sineish)

Petroleumjelly - 1 ( Stewie)
Turbovolver - 2 (CropCirlces
, Quailman)
Sineish - 1 (RangeroftheNorth)

CropCircles - 1 (Turbovolver
Pablito - 1 (petroleumjelly)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

There we go... sorry about that... it was a test.... yeah.... thats it.... :oops:

ahh, the old retaliatory vote....very nice.

the two that stick out the most to me are ranger and turbo. i say we run em up and see what happens.
Yes, my vote was retaliatory. If you'd looked at it, you would have seen that. It was clearly labeled OMGUS vote: Sineish. I figured that was at least as good as a random vote. It seems strange that you would find me suspicious for that. It seems like you're willing to stretch anything, as long as it isn't you. That seems suspicious to me.
Unvote: Sineish, vote: snowmonkey
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:20 am

i'm not particularly suspicious of Jimmy, but I do think it was rather odd that he would essentially say that he wasn't a cop.

snowmonkey: I never said this game was going to fast. I am perfectly happy with the pace of this game. I far prefer a game moving this quickly to one that doesn't move at all. The only reason I pointed that out was that it was one of the reasons I had been unable to post here last week.

As to me being defensive, I think it is always in my best interest to defend against any serious accusations against me. while I did not, at that time, have many votes on me, several people had been expressing suspicions of me lurking. Naturally, I defended myself. if that came off as defensive to you, then so be it.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:21 pm

You ask for more analysis: here it comes. The big post in which everyone gets mentioned. If you have longed to see your name in print, here it is.

cropcircles: doesn't seem particularly suspicious. i agreed with some of his points in the big quarrel with turbo, but i would mostly attribute them to gameplay differences than to scummyness on turbo's part.

Don Gaetano: Don Gaetano is playing like he plays in every game. Lots of good analysis, lots of good posts. Unfortunately, that is no indication of whether or not he is scum. I have no read on him whatsoever.

Jimmy the Rez: I still think Jimmy's admission of not knowing that we had a real night one is odd, but, looking over his posts again, my earlier analysis is wrong. He didn't admit to not being a cop. A cop, in fact, is probably the only power role he didn't claim not to be. I don't think it's suspicious, just a little odd, and perhaps bad play.

pablito: I noticed an odd dynamic between turbovolver and pablito. pablito especially seems to be attempting to distance himself from turbo, while still attempting not to add to the suspicion on turbo. if one of them turns up scum, i would look hard at the other one.

petroleumjelly: while I do find Jimmy's post is strange, pj seems to be blowing it way out of proportion. it seems to me that he is taking something tiny, that is more likely to denote poor play than scummyness, and attempting to start a bandwagon over it. That raises him several notches on my scummy list.

quailman: he hasn't posted much. (I know, strange, coming from me) The major difference between me and quailman is that he has posted fairly regularly, but has not really contributed. He has jumped on to separate bandwagons (turbo and sineish) without really contributing. I'd like to hear what he's thinking.

sineish: the person who has posted less than me. No real read here. His one post with content makes sense, but it isn't much to base an opinion off of.

snowmonkey: I already detailed most of my reasoning here. the suspicion of me for my random omgus vote, and the accusation of me being defensive when I defended myself. I particularly disliked the part where he said his vote was "for the village."

sotty7: I'm not really getting a read one way or another from sotty. she seems to be asking questions and avoiding the major confrontations. That doesn't really tell me much one way or another.

stewie: Again, I don't have much of a read here. nothing he has done has really stood out to me.

turbovolver: I don't agree with most of the things that turbovolver has said, and I don't like how agressive he has been. Nevertheless, I'm not getting scummy vibes from him. He seems to be attempting to catch scum, even if I don't like the way he does it.

About random votes: random votes encourage discussion. They create something, other than the weather, to talk about. They also are a long standing tradition on the site. Because they are such a long standing tradition, finding someone suspicious for making one is a bit strange. That's all I'm going to say about that.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:27 pm

snowmonkey wrote:interesting that ranger was lurking again yet decided not to post. and, I voted ranger because turbo satisfied me as being clean. ranger has yet to do that.
I'm not sure what this means.

Hear are the accusations I'm here against me:
I'm being defensive: Here I don't know what to say. I noticed that suspicion was building on me, and I did my best to alleviate that suspicion. Yes, I voted for snowmonkey who was voting for me, but so far, I am more suspicious of him than I am of anyone else. At first, the suspicion was fairly minor, but after he blew up as a result of my vote, I grew even more suspicious of him.

I intentionaly misrepresented snowmonkey's post. I beleive I have heard this about both my reaction to his post finding me suspicious for my OMGUS vote, and his post calling me defensive. I definately did not do so intentionally. If I interpreted the posts incorrectly, I did so accidentaly. I assumed that snowmonkey was voting me for countervoting sineish. As I had said that this was what I was doing and it had been, basically, random, it didn't seem like a very good reason to vote for me. as his logic was flawed I voted for him. At this point, my vote was unlikely to stay. It was a fairly minor suspicion, but his reaction was to attack me for attacking him. It was his reaction that convinced me not to move my vote. He also called me defensive. If i misinterpreted this, I don't know how.

As to the post about turbo and pablito, I don't think either is particularly scummy. if, howvever, we later discover that one of them is scum, I will be interested in looking at the other.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:18 pm

There are way too many way too long posts here. Basically, this game is coming down to two people constantly arguing because none of the other people have the time to read all of the posts and still post.

I see what turbo is looking at about stewie, but I don't think it is all that suspicious. that's about all I have to say about that argument. Unfortunately, that argument seems to have been just about all that has gone on recently.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:20 pm

turbovolver wrote: You want a good reason why a pro-town player would not claim? Well, I don't know if it could ever be considered "good play" to flat-out refuse to claim, especially when it looks like pressure won't let up. But just because it isn't good play doesn't mean a townie couldn't do it.
It may not mean that they couldn't do it, but it certainly means that they shouldn't do it. If sm continues to refuse to give a full claim, he is acting in a way that is not beneficial to the town and therefore should be lynched.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:38 pm

Our goal is to when the game. If snowmonkey is determined to make that harder for us, he needs to be eleminated.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:06 pm

I'm not particularly hung up on it, I was just clarifying my opinion. Let's just agree to have different opinions on this as I don't think either of us is likely to persuade the other.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:50 pm

Can we lynch him now?
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Glad I could be an amusement
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:37 am

Vote: Turbo

Yesterday you attacked stewie among other people for a variety of little meaningless things. The thread has only been open two days. People are not neccesarily going to post the second the thread the second that it has opened. I'm not even going to bother to defend myself against this. It seems like your more interested in finding insignificant reasons to attack people than in finding mafia. After all, why would the mafia gain more than anyone else by waiting to post. YOur logic sucks.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:58 am

Turbovolver wrote:I'm happy to claim today.

I am
Art
, and I'm a vig.
My role says some stuff about art being worth more when its creators are dead, and that I'm using my experience with death to help out. (I'm guessing the mod had trouble working out how he could fit a vig in with the theme.)

I don't know what my kill method is, but if other people are dying from books in the library or whatever then I'm probably stabbing people with a paintbrush :P

Night 1 I took no action.
Night 2 I tried to kill Stewie, kill didn't go through.

The following night I planned to kill PJ (and decided to breadcrumb it, check out the last word of every paragraph in #295... THAT's why I put the "kills at night" comment in). Now that he had a solid cop claim, I thought cropcircles was the best bet and said that in #375 (again look at last words).

I'm suspicious of Stewie (of being the Godfather), but perhaps I was roleblocked or he was protected.
Don Gaetano wrote:I still think the method PJ used to "judge" people's reactions is stupid, because his arguments were so weak. If my computer hadn't crashed I would also have defended Pablito.
*hi-5*

But damnit Don, I swear I haven't been illogical :(
Just over-eager :?
I don't think the mod had much trouble coming up with a vig role. Geology, after all, makes more sense. It's the study of rocks. What are rocks good for? Hitting people. Yes, people: this is a claim. Last night I tried to kill turbo but failed. Since the role he gave makes more sense for scum (I don't think killing people to give you personal benefit is very protown), I'm guessing turbo is some sort of kill immune sk, or the gf, probably the latter.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:46 am

I say we lynch turbo today. He is to much of a risk to keep around. Then I can vig pablito. That should show PJ's sanity, and we can determine where to go from there tomorrow.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:18 pm

We get the information whether we lynch pablito or not. We kill him tonight if he doesn't get lynched today. We can't guarantee that we can kill you tonight, and we can probably kill pablito. The logical choice is to lynch you and kill pablito tonight.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:32 am

You are so dead pablito
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon