Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Uphill »

Well, Frog had to have some motivation to make that post, and "make buddies with people who also like the same music" is the most plausible motivation I can see. In any case, useless posting is a good enough reason on its own to wagon Frog.

I've never seen any reason to believe that voting NL D1 is a scumtell. Being that that's the only thing n00b's done so far, I could see him go either way.
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Uphill »

What do you think of the reactions you got, then? Who is the scummiest person right now, and why aren't you voting anyone right now?
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Uphill »

In post 22, mafia-n00b wrote:
In post 20, Uphill wrote:What do you think of the reactions you got, then? Who is the scummiest person right now, and why aren't you voting anyone right now?

I got townreads, not scumreads. I'll vote for someone as soon as I have a decent reason to.

Uphill and hasdgfas are town.

@hasdgfas You can lynch me if you want, but I'd rather you didn't, since that'd be bad for the town. Lynch scum instead, I'm town.

I definitely dislike how n00b avoided commenting on who the scummiest person was here. I basically prompted him to scumhunt, and he still chose not to.

The appeal to emotion here is also weird. I see lots of town who use ATE along the lines of "I'm town, lynch X instead, he's scum" when they get run up, but not just "I'm town, lynch scum instead". Trying to redirect the wagon without having an idea of where it should be redirected to suggests n00b has a survivalist attitude.

In post 29, mafia-n00b wrote:As to why I backed off, I didn't want to risk getting railroaded early and hurting the town.

And this pretty much confirms it.

Worrying about survival + not worrying about finding scum = SCUM.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: mafia-n00b

That is L-1, so don't hammer if you don't intend to. But you should intend to.

In post 25, th3kuzinator wrote:@Uphill: What do you think of Cow?

I'm leaning town, because I think n00b is scum and I don't think Cow is bussing.
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Uphill »

In post 46, th3kuzinator wrote:As for 37, Uphill, I don't agree with quite a bit of it. You prompted him to scumhunt but there really wasn't all that much in the thread to base a read on. To be honest his response that there hasn't been a place to put his vote rings more natural than him trying to force out a legitimate scumread because you asked him too.

That's great and all, but that's exactly why I worded that question "who's the scummiest" rather than "who is scum". I wasn't looking for a concrete read, I was looking for any evidence that he was scumhunting at all.

In post 46, th3kuzinator wrote:Agreed that the AtE factor was weird, which is what threw me off in 22, but what you're getting at is something different from what I saw. Him saying to lynch scum instead of him is null in my book but the fact that he said he was alright with his death looked like scum AtE. A townie shouldn't want his death ever as he clarifies in the next sentence so I saw no reason he felt the need to respond like that. As for you last point, you're putting too much stock in survival. Sometimes town players, especially newbies, are afraid of their lynches. The intent behind that doesn't read scum to me, especially since a wagon to L-1 did form mighty quickly.

So? The fact that his wagon built up to L-1 at 37 couldn't have had any effect on the stance he took at 22. What's your point?

And I didn't say survival is scummy, I know full well that it isn't. I said survival plus not scumhunting is scummy.

However, his attack on Umbrage does show me to be wrong, as it is scumhunting, and it is certainly not survivalism to attack the guy who's sticking out for you the hardest. I'm not convinced he's town, but I'd definitely rather lynch either Frog or Fuzzy.

Actually, after looking at Fuzzy, you can take "either Frog or" out of that sentence.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: fuzzylightning

In post 46, th3kuzinator wrote:As for your read on Cow, thats purely connections based and thus useless to me.

Well, without it, my read on him is completely null and thus even more useless to you.

In post 54, Johoohno wrote:
@ Uphill:
If somebody had lynched Mafia-N00b after your L-1 on him in post 37, would you've been satisfied with such a short D1?

Yes.

In post 27, fuzzylightning wrote:
Vote: Cow
because he'd be disappointed if I didn't.

mafia-n00b is being just what his name says he is. Not ready to lynch yet, so won't send him to L-1, which my vote would put him at.

In post 32, fuzzylightning wrote:I am not dismissing anything right now. It looks like a noob-ish play, but that doesn't mean it is. I'm reserving judgment.

1) If n00b's play "looks like a noob-ish play, but that doesn't mean it is", why did you say he's just being a noob in the first quote? If you were reserving judgment, why was the first thing you posted, y'know, judgment?
2) What the hell is "Not ready to lynch yet, so won't send him to L-1, which my vote would put him at"? It sounds like you're saying you'd have voted him if he wasn't at L-2, but that seems to clash with both "he's just a noob" AND "I'm reserving judgment". Is this a triple contradiction?
3) Why aren't you scumhunting?
4) DIE SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Uphill »

No access next 24-48 hours
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Uphill »

In post 11, Frogsterking wrote:Does anyone listen to Marylin Manson

In post 63, Frogsterking wrote:mafia-n00b is retarded and reading his posts makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a plastic spoon

#27 and #32 are stupid, then you (fuzzy) come out with posts like #60 where you're apparently trying to stimulate Town discussion. If you want to stimulate Town discussion wants the point of #27 and #32

In post 16, Uphill wrote:
In post 11, Frogsterking wrote:Does anyone listen to Marylin Manson

*not useful for scumhunting
*useful for making buddies

VOTE: Frogsterking

if I have to kill one person it might at least be someone who doesn't like my music

In post 69, Frogsterking wrote:Do you want me to go ahead and kill him

Hey guys, this guy right here. He starts in 11 by posting useless shit. Then in 63, when the wagons have turned against fuzzy, he jumps on, because fuzzy started the game with posts that don't stimulate town discussion. You know, as opposed to asking who likes Manson? The fact that Frog started the game with useless posts should at the very least make him question the reliability of that tell. Yet in 69, he's willing to hammer for it alone! I don't buy it. Frog is who we should be lynching today.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Frogsterking

I still maintain some suspicion of Fuzzy, but I reeeeeeally doubt Fuzzy and Frog are scum together, and Frog is a lot, lot, lot scummier than Fuzzy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”