DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #117 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:19 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Fuzzy dice, wow! All I've got is that pine-scented evergreen cardboard cutout!

I've read the thread, and only a few things jump at me. Nothing vote-worthy, I'll elaborate in my next post.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #118 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:46 am

First, looking at numbers rather than post content.

Biggest vote-hoppers:
Primate, 5 votes, and ChannelDelibird, 4 votes. Since one of Primate's votes was for himself, both can be seen as the champions of vote-hopping with 4 hops already.

Possible scum voting each other early in the game when it's safe:
Primate and ChannelDelibird. Given their constant vote-hopping, their likelyhood of reciprocal voting increases, but I don't believe this is necessarily random. At worst they are scum, at best, they can be eliminated as candidates for being Masons.

People that have received the most votes
(I am discounting Primate's self-vote): Primate, Atticus, Mariyta, Spamwise and ChannelDelibird, with 3 votes each.

So, that's for the votes. There aren't enough votes to pick up Masons, and even if I had picked up Masons, I would keep it to myself unless they were in danger. So far, I've elimated 6 players from being either (1) Masons not voting each other or (2) Scum not voting each other. By experience, scum nearly always vote each other early on to "clear themselves," confuse Townies, and disguise their association.

Now on to post content.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:07 am

Here's what stands out, content-wise...

Mariyta eager to bandwagon post 35.

SpamWise votes Mariyta with scant explanations post 50.

Spamwise writes "PS: If Coron turns up scum in this game, I'd like it to be known that I called him out on it in this post" in Post 69. That one really jumped out at me, because he might be trying to make himself a hero if Coron turns up scum, which he would only do if Coron was scum and he knew it, and he would know it only if they were scumbuddies. YET - Spamwise does not voet for Coron. Curious indeed.

Atticus wrote "Mariyta, let me warn you, every game I play, I look scummy. Not that I'm saying it's not a good reason to suspect me. It is a good excuse" which is a convoluted way of making people shy of voting him when he does act scummy, know what I mean?

Then Mariyta also fires off a few posts complaining on being scummy in every game.

Spamwise returns in Post 83, to cast a vote on Coron - maybe it's dawned on him how scummy it was not to vote for Coron earlier on. "Evidence": gut feeling. He is voting Coron for not being scummy. He's not scummy, therefore, he must be scum.

Atticus tries to trip up Mariyta, who has identified herself as an easy target. Atticus may be over-eager scum.

Scummiest of all, looking at content only, not votes, is Spamwise, for a gratuitious vote on Mariyta, and appearing to be "in the know" regarding Coron. Spamwise and Coron might be staging a WIFOM.

Atticus is scummy as well, for his statement to Mariyta that he's always "scummy" then trying to trip her up with aggressive questioning.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #120 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:10 am

So for now, my scum candidates are:

Combo #1 Primate/ChannelDelibird/???
Combo #2 Spamwise/Coron/???

The "???" might very well be Atticus, or Mariyta. If you put a gun to my head, I'd say Atticus, but I am really not sure about these two.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #121 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:31 am

I just noticed... I missed Primate and Atticus voting each other, as well as Mariyta and Atticus voting each other.

So including this, I would say that Primate/ChannelDelibird/Atticus/Mariyta. I don't think all 3 of you are scum, this being a mini.

Do you have anything to say for yourselves before I decide which one of you most deserves my vote?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:43 pm

mikeburnfire wrote:Hey, is that DrippinGGoofball? I think it is but I can't be certain. Oh, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.....
Why struggle when you can snuggle? Why wiggle and giggle? I don't know, I don't know...

I think that we know enough not to limit ourselves to lurker lynches, while agreeing that we should pressure them some.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:23 am

SpamWise wrote:Because of Coron's experience it'd be fair to assume he's good at hiding his scumminess when he is scum right?

So therefore if I found him slightly scummy it would make him more likely to be scum, because he's good at hiding his scumminess as scum and playing town as pro-town.
Good grief. I can't believe what I'm reading.

I'd like to find out if you two are scumbuddies.

vote: SpamWise

Coron might be the play for tomorrow.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:28 am

To clarify: If SpamWise is scum, then Coron is scum too, 100%. Remember this if I am nightkilled. If SpamWise is not scum... then we can't draw conclusions about Coron or anyone, either way. If we're right about SpamWise, though, we've netted two scum for the price of one.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #145 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:38 am

Interesting.

SpamWise retaliation-votes for me, because I've got him pinned down as scumbuddies with Coron (my combo #2).

Not sure about mikeburnfire, I haven't mentioned him.

But Primate? Mmmm... Maybe it's because I've got him pinned down to my combo #1 (with ChannelDelibird).

Very interesting who is jumping so very quickly on the only one making a genuine effort to find scum. I hope everyone is paying attention... take notes.

Some people are feeling threatened by my suspicions.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:25 am

It's rare that someone will link himself to someone else, this early in the game, when nobody knows anything - except the scum. SpamWise started really early, with little evidence, going on about how Coron might be scum,
because he's not acting scummy
. Naturally, I read this, and I think that SpamWise knows something we don't. He says, on page 3, that's right, page 3,
SW wrote:If Coron turns up scum in this game, I'd like it to be known that I called him out on it in this post.
OK - could be a joke. But then, SpamWise INSISTS that Coron is scum on page 4!
SW wrote:I seriously do think Coron is scummy. The only evidence I have is my gut feeeling. It's possible his style is what I find scummy, but I've played with him before and haven't got as strong scum-vibes from him as I do now.

Really interesting is that I really don't find him all that scummy, but because of his skill and experience that amplifies his scumminess in my opinon. Which won't make sense to anybody who's reading this, I'll try and clear it up when I'm in a more eloquent state of mind.
Now, I perk up, and start to pay attention.
SW page 6 wrote:No. It would logically make him likely scum, because if he's good at hiding his scumminess when he's scum, he'd be more likely to be scum if he was slightly scummy.

It's counter-intuitive in a way, but it does make sense. Like in soccer how you have to pass backwards to move forward. It amplifies his likelihood of being scum, because he'd be very pro-town as a townie, but only slightly scummy if he was scum.
So I think there is something uber-fishy going on. Very early in the game too, which is indeed unusual.

Now, they are either both scum, or SpamWise is scum trying to raise suspicion on someone, while sounding both authoritative and wishy-washy at once. If think it's more likely that they are both scum. It smells like a WIFOM setup, no?

Those are my observations, that's all.

Do you really think it's so trivial? Is my reasoning that faulty?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:31 pm

mikeburnfire wrote:
Naturally, I read this, and I think that SpamWise knows something we don't.
So you're voting Spamwise because you think he has information we don't? Didn't you ever stop to think that maybe that's an indication of being a cop?

Indeed I did consider the possibility that he was broadcasting a guilty result - I didn't want to mention it, in order not to draw attention to it. Unlike you, MBF, who now put the possibility in the open. Let's drop the subject of who might be cop before it's too late, don't you think?

Yes, I did try to weigh whether SpamWise might be a cop, or scum. I felt that a cop might have behaved differently. Maybe try to push Coron around a little, until he trips, then nail him. I don't know. I just felt more like a WIFOM setup than a cop result. I might be wrong. But at least I bring up some observations that we can discuss, the discussion has to start somewhere.

I don't find Coron suspicious at all, but SpamWise's comments about Coron are very strange, and to me at least, rather suspicious. If I am right about SpamWise, then it increases the likelihood of there being something suspicious about Coron.

Of my two "combos" I picked the SpamWise/Coron to discuss first because I thought there was something more concrete, more overt about SpamWise's posts than what I perceive to be suspicious about the second possible combo.

=================

Sorry Atticus, if I offended you. But sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet when lurkers are ignored, and people that make an effort to post, keep the game going, and draw the scum out of hiding, are rewarded by quickie votes.

If you don't like that I am "posting the most stuff" and I am perceived as throwing "my might" around, maybe I should just lurk like a lot of people, and most likely the scum, too.

I don't feel welcome in this game, as I am being criticized for posting rather than seeing the points I bring up addressed rationally, and the fact that I am posting "the most stuff" seems to make some people actually, real-life mad, and wanting to vote me because of how I play.

If others feel the same - look, this is only a game, I don't take it personally - if enough people request it, I'll ask to be replaced. Or, why not tell the Mod, confidentially of course, that you want me booted off because I am ruining it for you, I will step aside, and won't hold a grudge.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #177 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:22 am

Color?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:09 am

For the record, my car make is on the list.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #197 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:35 pm

I'm the worst at figuring out when is a good time for people to claim. If there seems to be a common will to claim car names, I don't mind at all. As far as I am concerned, revealing my car make and color will shed no light on my role, so it would be safe, I wouldn't even mind going first since I'm usually around, it'll speed up the process somewhat.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #201 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 am

I would prefer that Atticus not claim. Gut feeling.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #204 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Dodgy, good find, I hadn't caught that. Eroto expresses suspicion against 3 players, one that is vocal (myself) and two whose guilt and association I have been bringing up a lot for discussion. So... he suspects me... and also, the two people I suspect the most! Then he votes... Atticus!

Would he be scum with Spamwise and Coron, rather than Atticus, as I initially believed? I wonder.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #207 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:09 pm

Eroto, I don't have a bee in my bonnet about your "knowing too much" as much as a blatant discrepancy between who you suspect, and who you vote for.

Your vote for Atticus, given your suspicions of me and who I suspect, seems rather opportunistic to me. Do you know what I mean when I say "opportunistic voting?" I mean: scummy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #208 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:10 pm

If you are being misquoted, Eroto, please explain how. If Dodgy is misreporting your posts, he will suffer the consequences.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #213 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:48 pm

What I wrote about Eroto applies to Primate, I hope I got
that
straight.

I am not satisfied with your explanation of your vote for Atticus while I'm at the top of your suspect list, and the people I suspect, you suspect also.

It all sounds really fishy.

Do you see why it sounds fishy? Is that something a Townie would do, to NOT vote for whom they most suspect? To not vote for their top 3 suspects, and vote instead for the person that has the most votes?

MmMmmMmM???

What do you say to that?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #214 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:49 pm

Let me teach by way to example.

vote: Primate

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #226 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:18 pm

SpamWise's defense of Primate jumps out at me, it's almost as if SpamWise is putting words in Primate's mouth.

I am here thinking that Primate's posts and votes are at once unclear and poorly justified, and SpamWise reads Primate's mind like he's psychic, and intereprets Primate's posts and votes, explaining them better than Primate...

Is it my imagination? It's hard to explain.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #230 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:09 am

SpamWise wrote:I presume to know, which could be a huge mistake if he is scum and did screw up.
Exactly. You shouldn't "help" players defend themselves when they are potentially being caught in lies, misrepresentations, contradictions, etc. You have to let that player sort it out for himself.

The Town catches players when they start to lie, contradict themselves, make things up that don't make sense.

What you have been doing is hindering the Town's effort to pressure Primate into finding out whether or not Primate is scum.

Thanks.

Now, all Primate has to do, is parrot the nice lines you gave him. You saved his sorry behind.

First, you point a finger at Coron because he's not acting scummy enough for you. Next, you hinder the Town from investigating someone that's actually acting scummy.

What's up with that?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #236 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:51 am

Haha. SpamWise was suspicious of Coron because Coron wasn't scummy enough, now mikeburnfire votes Coron because Coron is not voting enough.

Coron should start acting scummy and voting all over the place! :roll:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #257 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:00 pm

SpamWise has cleaned up his act only once his scumminess was pointed out on several instances. Therefore, I give him no points for not being scummy anymore.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #276 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:17 am

I am not feeling a Maryita lynch.

I am torn between SpamWise and Atticus. I find that SpamWise has been most scummy with his "logic" and Atticus with his "temper." Do I think that lame logic is more scummy than a tantrum?

To save the Mod some typing on the next vote count, I will:

unvote

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #336 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:28 am

What???

Two Mason groups in a Mini?

Not buying it.

Odd as it may seem I believe Mariyta's claim of masonry more than I do mikeburnfire's. Why? Mikeburnire's Mason duo was caught in incestuous voting practices, and for some reason they can't fully claim until they talk at night. That sounds hugely fishy. My scumdar is all abuzz.

I urge Mariyta's Mason buddy not to come forward until MBF's Masonry is subject to more intense scrutiny.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #339 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:59 am

Atticus claimed doctor, and hasn't been counterclaimed.

Mod, extension please!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #353 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:45 pm

MBF is sounding like scum that can't keep his story straight.

My first hunch when I replaced in this game was that SpamWise was scum.

MBF's un-Town-like lies and bizarre methods of defending SpamWise lead me to believe that MBF is scum with SpamWise.

Another weird twist is that MBF is asking for Doc protection.

But the thing is - the Doc is the Mafia's target of choice. They'll kill the Doc tonight and kill the Cop tomorrow night.

MBF is not going to get Doc protection. The Doc will die. No?

I think wires crossed in his scummy brain trying to keep his story together, and quickly used a scum tactic to draw protection away from legitimate Townies, without considering that there will be no doctor when we get up tomorrow morning.

Am I making any sense? I am in a bit of a rush, I may not have everything covered.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #357 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:40 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Seriously, Primate, go read.

Your post and vote are based on the assumption that MBF is a Mason.

He is not.

He said so himself.

I repeat: MBF is not a Mason.

SpamWise is not his Mason partner.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #364 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:53 pm

Wait a minute... if what you guys are saying is true...
MBF is claiming cop, yet he voted for an innocent, and included that same innocent in his list of suspects.

What??? What? What?

When you're the cop, you leave breadcrumbs in case you are nightkilled. People look back at your voting patterns, and assume you haven't bloody voted for the innocents, or put them on your suspect list. That's what a cop does. Routine. Common sense.

The only reason I am not voting for MBF is that I am expecting someone to counter-claim, if not openly, cryptically.

On the other hand, if MBF is scum, he will have forced the *real* cop to come out, and the doc has already drunk the poison, he's out, and he's tonight's mafia target.

I do believe Mariyta's claim. Why? Because she boldy claimed Mason after MBF had claimed Masonry with someone else. If MBF had'nt retracted his Masonry claim, she'd be a stand out lynch candidate on the grounds that there cannot be so many Masons. She had to know this before she claimed. But she did claim, I believe, what is quite likely the truth. This being said, I am a little suspicious of anyone continuing to vote for her, or FOS her.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #365 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:07 am

I have an idea.

Why not lynch SpamWise?

This will serve three purposes.

(1) Authenfication of MBF's claim. More likely than not, he is clumsily protecting his scumbuddy. In the off chance that's it's not the case, we won't have lynched our cop.

(2) If SpamWise turns up town, and I doubt he will, then we can have more faith in MBF's results.

(3) We would avoid pressuring the real cop, if there is one, to counterclaim.

There is a slim possibility that MBF is scum and SpamWise is Town. I'm thinking several steps ahead on this one already. He will be night-killed pretty soon, so that's one way we will be able to confirm his guilty result if he has one.

If he's scum, I predict he'll have an innocent result not to blow his cover. Also, I bet he won't be night-killed, haha. But then again, if SpamWise is scum, we'll just lynch him anaywy.

But frankly, I don't think that by lynching SpamWise, we are sacrificing a Townie. Just being careful in the off-chance MBF is the cop. But I doubt it.

vote: SpamWise

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #366 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:18 am

Primate wrote:I haven't read the thread to clearly, but when MBF said.
MBF wrote:He is my masonbuddy and I know him to be innocent okay?

Nevertheless, I think all the opinions in my previous post are still relevant, and I see no reason in the claims not to stand by my just because MBF didn't specifically claim mason.
Pay attention!

You say that MBF "didn't specifically claim mason."

He did claim Mason. Exactly that, Mason. He claimed Mason.

Seriously. It'll be a disaster for the Town if you make it to endgame, if you don't start paying attention now, and reading things properly.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #368 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:11 am

mikeburnfire wrote:
If you know he's innocent, why on earth did you include him in your list of top 3 suspects?
Because those were the three people we were about to lynch.
Grumble, grumble. If he was innocent, and on the lynching block, I would ESPECIALLY make sure not to put my "innocent" on the Bad Guys list.

What car are you, MBF?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #369 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:12 am

Maybe every player whose role is outed can come forward with their car make and color. Probably useless, but it's better to know, than not to know. You never know.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #374 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:47 am

Yes folks, let's be polite.

For example:
"Is Primate playing the same game we are?"

Is very polite.

;-)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #379 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:02 am

I never voted MBF - I merely wanted to lynch his so-called innocent.

But Yosarian2 is more astute than me, and I have to agree with him that if MBF was scum with SpamWise, surely, SpamWise would have (falsely of course) acknowledged the Masonry. Providing they had planned this ahead of time. If MBF is winging it as scum, and SpamWise is not agreeing... nah. I think Yosarian2 may in fact be correct.

Indeed.

I slap myself on the forehead for not thinking of this.

Ouch... ouch! OUCH! Agack! Stop it! Oh yeah, I'm doing it...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #384 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:05 pm

SpamWise wrote:I can confirm he's either sane or scum.
I'm interested. I know why you are saying he'd be sane, do you seriously think he might be scum?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #391 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:59 pm

Erotomachia wrote:What's the reasoning behind lynching DGB again?
It will be my pleasure to explain this, as it is most revealing.

Next post.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #393 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:11 pm

First: MBF.
mikeburnfire wrote:
vote: DrippingGoofball
DG wrote:But the thing is - the Doc is the Mafia's target of choice. They'll kill the Doc tonight and kill the Cop tomorrow night.
And I'll have one more investigation result for you tomorrow. Duh.

Also, this clashes with the fact that you think I'm scum with Spamwise. Nice slip, there.
He is voting for me based on incorrect impressions. He is assuming that I meant that he should be lynched, while I've been suggesting we lynch SpamWise instead, in case MBF actually is a cop. The sentence quoted above it quite a bit misleading, because (1) I would expect the Mafia to target the Doc anyway so that Doc protection would be irrelevant, and (2) I am not sure if Doc protection goes through if the doctor is nigth-killed, I wonder if anyone could answer that.

There is no slip from me. The judgment is rich, though, coming from a lying Mason now turned day cop with an innocent result on SpamWise.

Plus, my statement in no way clashes with my hunch that SpamWise is scum, though Yosarian2's argument has caused me to find SpamWise less suspicious.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #394 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:17 pm

Primate wrote:Atticus, I still maintain that your behaviour was scummy, and its not the kind of thing I would expect from a doc. Then again, I suppose not acting like a Doc is a good thing for a doc, so I shouldn't really complain. Not a fan of the way it made you claim though.

Someones lying. This amount of masons, plus Doc is bizarre. But theres also the other side of the coin, which says that mafia claiming Mason day 1 is even more bizarre, and just generally bad play, though not impossible.

MBF should get the Doc protection, but I don't really see how it will actually come in useful. Unless something very weird happens tonight, Atticus will die. If theres an SK swinging about who decides to target the other one, out of sheer coincidence, then I guess it could come in useful though, so it's not a bad thing to have about.

MBF says that his info says Spamwise is likely 100% confirmed, which would be pretty darn nice. At this point in time, MBF's mason claim is much more shakey than Maryita's, but I considering it's likely that they'll both survive till tomorrow, so let's have this discussion about MBF then, when we have more info. I like it, personally, his erratic behaviour is entirely possible to be explained by mason-confirmed innocence.

Maryita, Mariyta's partner,...so many masons. If I were you, I would be vigilant. A lot of masons have claimed, and as the
traditional
group of masons around, unless you have mod-confirmed innocence of your partner, and feel free to say or to not say if you do, but that's the place that I would expect to find a scum mason.

DrippingGoofball, why attempt to get the mason, for whom it's much more useful to wait until tommorrow, lynched? Scared of confirmed townies?

Vote: Dripping Goofball
I tried to count the incorrect facts, misguided assumptions, twisted corollaries and preposterous conclusions in this post from Primate, but I don't have enough fingers.

I have pointed them out soon after the post.

Interestingly,
even after I pointed out the innumerable flaws in the post, Primate has kept his vote on me, with a deadline lynch at 4 votes on the horizon.

He cast the second vote.

Though he clearly got his facts hopelessly wrong, he did not remove his vote.

I think that's scummy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #395 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:21 pm

Third: Coron provides no reasoning for his vote.
Coron wrote:
vote: DGB
Putting me one from the lynch with the deadline looming, and providing no explanation. He who is scarce with his votes, votes without explanation.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #396 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:23 pm

And the question is...

Do we want ALL the power roles outed?
All of them? :roll:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #397 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:24 pm

It's bad enough we're going to lose the Doctor.

vote: Primate

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #408 (isolation #43) » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:51 am

Atticus, strategically, voting for MBF is a terrible idea.

(1) He'll give us an investigation tomorrow, whether he's scum or Town.
(2) He will be night-killed by the scum the following night if he's Town anyway, so why waste a lynch?
(3) The fact that Spamwise did NOT corroborate the Mason story in very much in SpamWise's favor, so I no longer believe that they are scumbuddies.

Had you not claimed Doctor, Atticus, I would call out your vote for MBF as scummy.

=================

I'd much rather we lynch Primate. He voted for me on grounds to which he gave very, very little thought (mega scumtell), but devoted a lot of nonsensical verbiage (colossal scumtell). He's not even bothering reading and following the game (uber-scumtell). Clearly he doesn't care why Townie goes down the drain. When proven completely, 180 degrees wrong, he maintains he's right, and maintains his vote, at a critical time when 4 is needed to lynch. Why? Because scum (or SKs, for that matter) don't care who goes down, as long as it's not themselves and their buddies.

Now, if that's not the mother of all scumtells, I don't know what is. One way or another, I fear Primate is a killer. Scum or SK solo.

confirm vote: Primate

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #409 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:55 am

Sorry, typo above.

I meant to write: "Clearly he doesn't care
which
Townie goes down the drain" though he obviously doesn't care
why
the Townie goes down the drain, either.

As long as he hears that satisfiying, slurping, swirling vacuum sound.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #416 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:44 am

Coron wrote:MBF- do sanities reveal on death? It seems to me unless you have knowlege we don't you're making a lot of assumptions.
We'll find out soon enough. With the Doctor outed, I don't think MBF will live very long.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #435 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:34 pm

Coron? CORON??? SpamWise was right??? Aye... it's a good thing I don't play Mafia for money.

Predictably, we no longer have a doctor, but so far we're doing splendidly.

Please note limited internet access July 1-18.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #438 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:39 pm

mikeburnfire wrote:WHO SHALL I TARGET, D00DS?!
Well... I was thinking in the shower, and I actually have a suggestion we might want to discuss.

MBF (?), Primate (scum) and Coron (scum) all jumped on me with a deadline looming.

The question is... in such a situation, what would the third scum (assuming it's not MBF) do? Hold off voting for me so that not all the scum are lumped together on my wagon? Wait until deadline is close to put in a hammer vote #4 if a Townie hasn't done it? If that's what scum might be expected to do, I would look at who posted, but declined to jump on my wagon before Primate's got started.

That would include Yosarian2, Eroto, Spamwise (possibly already investigated and innocent), Mariyta (claimed Mason). Yosarian2 did not commit to vote for me after Coron put in vote #3, and neither did Eroto.

I am not saying that Y2 or Eroto are more scummy than the rest, but it would be nice to clear them, as we might find this information useful in endgame. Their voting behavior might come back to haunt them and lose us the game.

Dodgy and FierceDeity might also be good candidates, for lurking. Could be lurkerscum.

Any other ideas and theories out there?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #448 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:22 am

Dodgy wrote:OI!!!! @ DGB, since when have I been a lurker?
Yeah, I guess you're right, I got a wrong impression there, FierceDeity is a worse offender.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #453 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:26 pm

Shall we put pressure on FierceDeity to entertain ourselves in the meantime?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #462 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:14 pm

We're waiting for the man!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #558 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:41 pm

TWO cops???

Criminy! I was alone against two cops???

You didn't do so bad, Primate, but when you put that second vote on me when we were deadlined, and 4 votes were a lynch, and no one really suspected me, it left me in an awkward position: either allow myself to be lynched, or deflect attention onto someone else. Since your logic for voting for me was fatally flawed, I had no choice but to turn the Town against you, in the hope that I would look more innocent.

But against two cops, it was an uphill battle.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”