SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:26 pm

Post by SpamWise »

My vote was a failed attempt at humour more than anything else.

PS: If Coron turns up scum in this game, I'd like it to be known that I called him out on it in this post.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:51 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I seriously do think Coron is scummy. The only evidence I have is my gut feeeling. It's possible his style is what I find scummy, but I've played with him before and haven't got as strong scum-vibes from him as I do now.

Really interesting is that I really don't find him all
that
scummy, but because of his skill and experience that amplifies his scumminess in my opinon. Which won't make sense to anybody who's reading this, I'll try and clear it up when I'm in a more eloquent state of mind.

unvote

Vote: Coron
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:53 pm

Post by SpamWise »

PS: From where I stand I find it quite humourous when someone says "I'm always being voted for looking scummy" and someone immediately votes them stating the reason "For looking scummy" Stuff like that happens in shows like The Simpsons all the time. If you read the post before my vote (Mariyta's) you'll hopefully see what I mean.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Post by SpamWise »

MBF wrote:Spamwise said this about Coron. I'll wait for him to clarify, but this does seem to make very little sense. Meanwhile, I'll let my vote idly remain.
Because of Coron's experience it'd be fair to assume he's good at hiding his scumminess when he is scum right?

So therefore if I found him slightly scummy it would make him more likely to be scum, because he's good at hiding his scumminess as scum and playing town as pro-town.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:43 pm

Post by SpamWise »

mike wrote:Wouldn't that logically make him more likely to be pro-town?
No. It would logically make him likely scum, because if he's good at hiding his scumminess when he's scum, he'd be more likely to be scum if he was slightly scummy.

It's counter-intuitive in a way, but it does make sense. Like in soccer how you have to pass backwards to move forward. It amplifies his likelihood of being scum, because he'd be very pro-town as a townie, but only slightly scummy if he was scum.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:58 am

Post by SpamWise »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Is the proposal here to vote Coron because we're worried that we won't pick up any scum tells from him? It seems...well, ridiculous.
That's not the proposal at all. The proposal is that any scum tells we do pick up from him should be valued more because he makes so few of them. I'm still incredibly sure that he's scum, but seeing as how no-one else wants to follow me, I'll drop it for now.
DrippingGoofball wrote:To clarify: If SpamWise is scum, then Coron is scum too, 100%. Remember this if I am nightkilled. If SpamWise is not scum... then we can't draw conclusions about Coron or anyone, either way. If we're right about SpamWise, though, we've netted two scum for the price of one.
If you thought good grief when you read my post, I'm thinking holy f@&$ing monkeys at this one. Setting up future lynches based on current events is inherently scummy at best, bad pro-town play at worst.

If I'm not scum then you'll be able to draw some conclusions about the 7 people who voted to lynch me. You'll be able to draw conclusions about the people who pushed my wagon and those who defended me. But it will not make any arguments made by me invalid, nor will it constitue a defence for anyone.

If I am (which I'm not so this point is moot anyway) then you'll be able to draw more conclusions about the people who hopped late onto my bandwagon, or not at all. But simply because I turned up scum would be in no way shape or form conclusive evidence that Coron is scum. The mere suggestion of it is ludicrous.

Why the hell are you assuming my accusations against Coron are some kind of elaborate WIFOM Uber-distancing tactic between us? Yes of course that's a possibility, but it's a pretty huge conclusion to come to from seemingly baseless evidence. If it us, why is it conclusive evidence that both of us are scum? Why can't we be masons distancing each other? Why can't I be a townie throwing everything I have at someone who I am very certain is scum? Why is everyone scrutinising me yet letting Coron slip under the radar? Why are your combos you've given earlier so good? Why do I feel you're spreading a lot of misinformation and throwing out lots of confusing accusations?

Oh, that's right. Cause you're scum.

unvote: Coron

IGMEOY: Coron

FoS: Coron

HoS: Coron

Vote: DrippingGoofball
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:48 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Yosarian2 wrote:(Edit by way of post:Looking back at my posts, turns out I only asked Atticus once and the other time I just pointed out it was a false dilemma without actually asking about it specifically, instead of asking him twice like I thought. Not that it changes anything, just figured I'd better correct my error before someone jumped down my throat over it.)
OMG PARANOID SCUM!!!!
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:52 pm

Post by SpamWise »

My last post was a joke by the way.

Atticus: What type of car do you drive?
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:34 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Erotomachia wrote:I've got the BMW, which is a beautiful orange colour. :D Although I don't see how knowing what car a player drives will help.

Wait a minute...that last longish post by Spamwise in which he voted for DGB on page 6 was supposedly a joke? That's a strange thing to say--and a strange "joke," too.
I never said that was a joke. And I don't recall anyone deducing I was scum for that, but they were clearly confused.

I'd be worried of Dodgy, but he votes for me every game.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:39 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Erotomachia wrote:I thought that more information was always a good thing for the town, considering that it is exactly what we lack from the very beginning of the game. Even if it does not provide immediate tangible benefits, it certainly can't hurt. We all have cars...even the mafia.
The main advantage the mafia have is that they have more information than the rest of us. Which is why it's bad to reveal information, any information that can help them, especially this early in the game.

Besides, who said the mafia have cars? They could have bikes or something, in my opinion that was left ambiguous in the opening post.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:29 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I don't think we should at this point in time, but I do think you should fully claim Atticus.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:55 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Atticus wrote:Are you trying to avoid my question? Why were you curious!? And why shouldn't you fully claim as well?
No, I missed it.

To truly answer the question, why is anyone curious?

To answer what I think it is you want to know: I wanted to know what car you drove, to see if it was similiar to mine. To me, you hinted that you were a vanilla townie with this:
Atticus wrote:I'm pro-town, and it doesn't get much more specific, except for the car that I drive.
So naturally I wanted to clear up any ambiguity surrounding this statement. I'd still like to see a full claim, just in case I'm wrong and you're not a townie.

And I shall fully claim right now.

I'm the Yellow Hummer HV and I'm a townie.
Dodgy wrote:@ Primate, it wasn't selective quoting at all, I quoted you exactly and as you stated, DGB, Spamwise and Coron were your chosen few and yet you voted Atticus!
It makes absolutely NO sense and I'd like to know why you voted Atticus after stating such a thing.
It was selective quoting because you only quoted the last part of his post. The context of his post changes the meaning, in this case quite a lot. So it's not actually as scummy as you think.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by SpamWise »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Do you see why it sounds fishy? Is that something a Townie would do, to NOT vote for whom they most suspect? To not vote for their top 3 suspects, and vote instead for the person that has the most votes?

MmMmmMmM???

What do you say to that?

Primate didn't say that out of
all
the players those were his three scummiest. He just ranked the three players that were attracting a lot of attention in his order from scummiest to least scummiest.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:05 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Dodgy wrote:I completely disagree with what you just said.
There is NOTHING in the first part of his post that changes the meaning of the second part.
He just simply voted for someone that he had NOT mentioned at all in the entirity of his post and I would like to know why.
In that case you're just asking him why he joined the Atticus wagon, not why he accused those three then. Which would be interesting to know.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:06 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Dodgy wrote:Yes @ Spamwise, and then went on to vote for someone else. My god, does anyone here have a fucking brain?
No. Brains went out last season, so we all had them removed. Keep up with the trends old timer.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by SpamWise »

The way you worded it was different though. The context of your post changed your question.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:22 pm

Post by SpamWise »

DrippingGoofball wrote:SpamWise's defense of Primate jumps out at me, it's almost as if SpamWise is putting words in Primate's mouth.

I am here thinking that Primate's posts and votes are at once unclear and poorly justified, and SpamWise reads Primate's mind like he's psychic, and intereprets Primate's posts and votes, explaining them better than Primate...

Is it my imagination? It's hard to explain.
I knew what he meant all along. At least, I presume to know, which could be a huge mistake if he is scum and did screw up.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:49 pm

Post by SpamWise »

DG wrote:The Town catches players when they start to lie, contradict themselves, make things up that don't make sense.

What you have been doing is hindering the Town's effort to pressure Primate into finding out whether or not Primate is scum.

Thanks.
I'll make it a note never to defend anyone ever again, no matter how much I disagree with the arguments against them.

Btw, you're welcome.

Speaking of stinginess about votes, I think I'll change mine.

unvote

Vote: Mariyta
- I don't really like the way you voted for me, from both a subjective point of view (obviously), and an objective one cause of this statement:
Mariyta wrote:I still think Atticus could be scum, but Spamwise's actions lately have swayed me, and we have a deadline approaching.
To me that seems pretty wishy-washy. The first part is what concerns me.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:45 pm

Post by SpamWise »

DrippingGoofball wrote:SpamWise has cleaned up his act only once his scumminess was pointed out on several instances. Therefore, I give him no points for not being scummy anymore.
I've been pretty bad this game so far, just need to get into the swing of things more.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:53 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Mariyta wrote:Getting what I deserve? What exactly do you mean by that?
It means he gets results you stupid chief! [/simpsons reference]

But this statement really puts me off too:
Atticus wrote:I think Mariyta is getting what she deserves now, and she's being pretty suspicious, but I can't bring myself to vote for her, I mean, yeah.
That doesn't make sense to me. The only reasons Atticus wouldn't change his vote would be if he thought I was more suspicious then Mariyta. Or if he knew Mariyta to be innocent, or guilty if they're partners.

The "I'm suspicious of Y but I'll keep voting for X!" tell springs to mind.

FoS: Atticus
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:18 pm

Post by SpamWise »

You can lynch me if you want, but I'd rather we all lynched Mariyta. If only to remove the singular female in this game.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:22 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I'm pretty certain that I can confirm MBF's claim tomorrow. Which sounds really bad for both of us, but I've already given my claim earlier today. I think we'll have to reveal this tomorrow. Unless of course he's lying scum and wants to stop me from being lynched, which would be bad.

And although it's quite odd that he voted me to distance himself from me, I can see why you would do that as a mason. And that would be if you felt you were going to be Nkilled or something, and didn't want to out your partners. It is odd for a mason play though.

So to answer the question can I confirm his claim: Not yet.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:03 pm

Post by SpamWise »

ChannelDelibird wrote:I'll believe MBF for now, as he has been distancing himself from a SpamWise lynch. Your previous post does intrigue me though, SpamWise.
Masons don't distance each other. The only thing I can think of which would make MBF claim to be my mason buddy would be if A.)He's lying scum or B.)He's a seeking mason who knew all along I'm his partner. It would still be odd for him to distance himself, but I still think that Mariyta is the play for today.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:21 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Erotomachia wrote:I'm quite confused. Why won't SpamWise confirm that he's a mason along with mikeburnfire (if he really is)?

Ummm, and why are you all voting for Mariyta? Because mikeburnfire says so?
Because I can't (being currently a townie) and because Mariyta is scummy.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:37 pm

Post by SpamWise »

The term lynch-all-liars comes to mind. But if MBF is telling the truth, then he doesn't have long to live, so I think we can wait. Still, the scum could always screw us up and leave MBF alive.

Meanwhile,
Vote: Erotomachia
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:50 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I can confirm he's either sane or scum.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by SpamWise »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
SpamWise wrote:I can confirm he's either sane or scum.
I'm interested. I know why you are saying he'd be sane, do you seriously think he might be scum?
No, but I'm not going to let myself be blind to the possibility that he could be.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by SpamWise »

unvote

Vote: Primate
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. I'm happy about Coron getting night-killed. I have to catch up on everything.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Vote: DGB
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:08 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Shame I missed out on so much of this game. Oh well, good one everyone, maybe you'll believe me when I randomly accuse someone of being scum for no reason. ;)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”