Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Deltabacon »

VOTE: FatCat

Because neither economical crisis nor overweight kittens are funny.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Red, but I dont follow football that much.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Post by Deltabacon »

Junpei's questioning of both Psyche and Fatcat looks like he's asking superficial questions at best, when everyone else is making reasonable probes and assertions to differing extents. I dont like it.

With regards to the Psyche / DLG fiasco, I think that it was essentially a page one clusterfudge, where DLG made the mistake of being very, very quick to change his mind, over the course of a single post, and trying to cover it up. You were extremely adament that we outright lynch Psyche higher up on the page,
demanding
votes from Junpei, Elliberetth and myself. Your post after Psyche's justification is also very, very apologetic in that you seem to cosy up to Psyche: saying
In post 21, DLG wrote:

You're obviously not a derpwad; I've never thought so.
And
In post 21, DLG wrote:And, if it worked, as it did, good on you.

Both of which serve to appeal to Psyche's ego, which looks to me like a textbook definition of buddying, since you then dismiss it as saying he was 'just scumhunting'. How do you manage do go from looking at him as outright scum (and searching for a speedlynch, no less) to looking at him as Pro-Town?

With a third of the players yet to post anything of substance, a bandwagon like the one he tried to get rolling on FC would be ideal if it went through, since it would leave 3 Unknowns for scum to hide in tommorow. You claim Ellibereth to be nearly town for not jumping on the easy wagon, when thats basically what you tried to kick-start on Page One.

With this in mind:

UNVOTE: FatCat
VOTE: DLG
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:07 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Allow me to clear up my impressions from DLG's post which I disagreed with.

In post 12, DLG wrote:@ Junpei
Not before just something happens, something
scummy
. Which means he doesn't want to slip up, and he doesn't want to be involved in making that something scummy happen. Self preserving and not wanting to scumhunt.

What's your rationale for not voting scum?
Why is it that you want scum to live?

@ Ellibereth
Agreed. Vote, please?
I agree with it being laughable. Vote anyway.

@ Deltabacon
Why RVS? Scum's been found. Help lynch him.
Why are you sticking to somethng which is found to be a norm in mafia games, rather than jumping on an obvious jokevote train?

I disliked this post because at this stage of the game, DLG was forcing his arguments down people's throats, more specifically people who had been active, which would have been necessary for what could have been a speed lynch. Surely a lynch without input from half a town, giving the Mafia the pick of the kills and forcing us to make our first reads on half of the players D2 would have been favorable for Mafia. When he sees that this isnt going to work, he changes his argument rather quickly, and says he was persuaded by a reasonable argument, when in fact, I believe he was simply retreating from the consequences of a failed page one push with all due haste in order to stop himself from being caught. A deer in the headlights situation, if you will.

Furthermore, his request for FC to read through his previous games stinks, in that metagaming is never an actual tell. Why he invoking a frowned-upon method of proving his township to FC?

In addition to this, he completely ignores my argument towards him, preferring instead to push his case on FatCat for 1 and a half posts. (That wagon that he 'totally digs', Post #32), with the remainder of it devoted to self-defense.

More in a few hours, I have to scoot.
Coming up: Replies to farside's questions and probably some more incriminating argumentation against DLG, there is tonnes of it to go around.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:26 am

Post by Deltabacon »

@Psyche and everyone else, the questions Junpei were putting forward seemed superficial since they were probing Psyches orginal posting, which could have easily been defined as joking, which is what I took it for. This is why I went ahead intobthe RVS, since I just saw it as a joke, not the reaction test you said it was, which im fine with,since it ended RVS before it begun, I didnt see this until you explained it, however, and to this extent, I saw it and the argument around it as embellishment, unnessessary. Junpei's questioning of it at the time was deadly serious, however and since I saw it as a joke, and iv only really come to terms with the way it panned out after a hefty re read. When I posted that comment on the superficiality of his questions, I was still looking at it as a joke which had escalated, as opposed to a serious discussion, and yet now it appears to be the argument of the day

Which brings me to a complete lack of reasoning behind two votes on myself. Psyches and Ellibereth's. Psyche, you said that you have no solid scumtells, at th bottom of the post, the majority of whoch is abput me and yet, you vote for me. Whitsy contradict yourself? You find me scummy, because you
sliked my comment on Junpei, and your justification that the wagon is a good one, and that scum can think?

Okay, so my phones managed to screw up the formatting. Ill clean it up as soon as i get to a computer.

I dont likevthe casual natoture of how you've hopped onto the t wagon, and that you covered it with a wall of fluff. I dont hve a scumread on you
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Okay, so to clarify, im explaining my questioning against junpei, and defending myself.

- i dont have a scunread o you, but I think this is you being lazy town, Psyche.

Ellibereth, on the other hand, has essentially lurked all game, and their only comment has been to suggest a massclaim based on an appeal to probability. Putting me at L-1 without even contributing to thr case people have built on me? I honestly dont see how more people do not see you as scummy. Im at L-1, so if people want to have a claim, ill claim. Ill be active for the next few hours in any case.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Ugh, great time for an untimely technical intervention. Im the Town cop.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 am

Post by Deltabacon »

What I find amusing is the way most people have Elli down as confirmed town, when all they've done is confirm the odds of a certain course of action, and push it in capital letters. Okay, so it narrows down the chances of lynching scum? True, but that doesnt clear Elli in any way. Other than that they've been happy to actively lurk (posting random rubbish with the odd unjustified vote) and push the popular wagon.
FoS: Ellibereth
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Deltabacon »

@Slaxx, so your reasoning behind viewing Elli as town is either a piece of statistical analysis, or metagaming?

NINJA'D

@Fatcat Flavorless Mafia means normal roles and rules, not that it's completely vanilla. Add to that the fact that if what your saying is true, then you would have hammered.

NINJA'D

What Junpei Said, essentially.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Deltabacon »

##Unvote

I think FatCat is jumping to any lead that doesnt incriminate him at the moment, which looks to me like paniced townie, but his play has been erratic all game, which makes me a bit cautious about trying to asign to him a townread.

Psyches points against Farside rely heavily on metagaming, which I dont like, but the evidence does seem to be there. Im going to retain my vote for the time being until farside has answered the questions directed at her.

One thing I still dont like about the game is Ellibereth's apparant lack of true contribution. The only point they have raised is that it would be useful to massclaim, backed up by a bit of inferred statistical analysis and I dont like that one bit. Sure, Im happy for it to have cleared me in everyone's eyes, but what I dont like is the fact that Im probably now the prime choice for an NK. It stopped a mislynch on me, at the expense of the sacrificing of one or two PR's, which was unnecessary.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by Deltabacon »

I'd be inclined to trust in farside's point if she hadnt self-voted, thats just skewed everything, because any town-read I had on her went out the building the instant she voted for the lynching of what she percieves to be a townie - herself. Maybe I'm using the wiki too much, but that's really anti-town play.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Post by Deltabacon »

I apologise for my absence, I've had a lot of cadet activities in the last few days. Re-reading and stuff. Will post back again today with a vote, a reason and a probable investigation target.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:58 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Yeah, I'm completely convinced of it being FC, since all he's done is contradict himself left right and center, made a mockery of himself and in all honesty he's a bit of a liability at this point in the unlikely scenario of him flipping town anyway.

Fatcat today, still debating with myself who to investigate should he flip scum/town etc, but I'm okay with waiting for KK to contribute before the lynch.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:13 am

Post by Deltabacon »

I got no result, so there's a roleblocker in the game as well. In all honesty, I'm torn between Slaxx/Farside and KK for mafia, but Slaxx and KK are having a right old go at each other. I can't fathom if this is bussing or town-on-scum, but I'm leaning more towards town-on-scum. I don't like KK's justification of his vote on FC, which reeks of him trying to get rid of an easy target, you make a case on Slaxx, after openly bandwagoning in the same post? No, that in my opinion is indicative of scum.

##VOTE: Kublai Khan
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Deltabacon »

I have quite a strong town impression from Slaxx, so either way, I believe I'm hitting scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”