Mini 1655: Delicious Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Scum Win!)

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 10, SilverWolf wrote:Dude in the blue shirt needs to lighten up a bit, LOL.

If he were any paler he'd be translucent.

VOTE: Ozgin

He's already lurking.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

Well, I have a confirmed town investigation on myself. Also, I'm a self-tracker so I can tell you if I do anything at night. So if you want to go with the less valuable town role, fine.

My meta of Boonskies says that him voting before L-1 is suspicious. IGMEOY, Boonskies.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 53, House wrote:Hyperdefensive OMGUS over an RVS vote.

Hyperreactive response to what was clearly humour. :p

Your turn!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Bookitty »

Well played, Choof. Well played.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 50, choof wrote:regardless, one goal of mine is to have such a wonky meta that people are brought to the brink of insanity when they read it

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:59 am

Post by Bookitty »

I still have residual suspicion of Kop from his weird reaction to what I thought was pretty obviously humour. It's not great, but it's my top suspicion right now.

Not really interested in the questions because I don't see how they relate to this game.

I was thinking Choof was suspicious for his self-vote but his later postings seem to redeem that to some extent (or maybe not, I have no meta experience there).

I've not yet been able to figure out Psyche but he's provoking OMGUS feelings.

Yeah, I got nothing :(

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Kop
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Bookitty »

Not quite caught up (I had a previous engagement today) but:

@Silverwolf: Was Dodgy scum?

Do you have extensive meta experience with House? I just have one game in which he was a hydra and he was scum, so I don't have a ton to work with.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Bookitty »

House said this to SilverWolf, so it's clear they have plenty of meta experience with each other.

In post 289, House wrote:Of all the people on this site, I'd have expected you to know my playstyle and humor most.

I'm going to trust SilverWolf on this.

VOTE: House

If there's a scum in the Choof-Riblet fight, I'm thinking it's Riblet. It's just too easy to jump on that RVS stuff to push a wagon.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, not to break the House-Silverwolf love connection, but does anyone else really find it problematic that Choof was accused of soft-claiming a power role and then Riblet starts pushing a wagon on him for a self-vote in RVS?

That's something I think most of us have seen before from both town and scum, so I'm perplexed as to why Riblet would regard it as proof of Choof-scum.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 335, oddmusic wrote:You didn't even make a dent in the House-Wolf love connection it would seem.

What do you think of KOP?

I think he's either seriously lacking in an ability to detect humour overall or he's nervous scum trying to seize on anything he can to look like he's scumhunting. I don't know which, though.

EBWOP: -sigh-
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 364, House wrote:Aren't you on the same wagon he is?

If so... couldn't the same thing be said about you?

Do you know why I think KOP is lacking in humour?

Do you know why I joined the House wagon?

What are you getting at here?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 370, House wrote:
In post 369, Bookitty wrote:
In post 364, House wrote:Aren't you on the same wagon he is?

If so... couldn't the same thing be said about you?

Do you know why I think KOP is lacking in humour?

Do you know why I joined the House wagon?

What are you getting at here?

1. Have you said why? If not, how could I be expected to know?

2. Sheeping a bad read with no reasoning of your own?

That your opinion seems hypocritical.

Are you even reading the game, oddmusic?

1. I voted Ozgin as my first RVS vote for lurking (he had not yet confirmed). Then Kop asked how we could know someone was lurking and seemed really shocked about it. He's demonstrated that again later, too, but I'll let you find it since you seem not to know even about the first one.

2. SilverWolf claims a lot of meta with House and says this isn't his town game. House confirmed that too, so I sheeped Wolf. (I like how that sounds.) It doesn't have a thing to do with humour. It has to do with thinking SilverWolf is likely town and trusting his word.

Where's the hypocrisy there?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Bookitty »

Well, duh. Sorry, SilverWolf!

I won't forget again.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 289, House wrote:Of all the people on this site, I'd have expected you to know my playstyle and humor most.

There's where you confirmed that SilverWolf should know your playstyle and humour most, right?

SilverWolf said you were acting like scum. Apparently she's retracted that now, but she said it, you said essentially she ought to know you, so that's why I voted you.

Don't really care what you think about it because either you're scum or you're not. Oddmusic piping up in your defense, though, strikes me as an odd thing given that he didn't even know why I was voting Kop early on.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Bookitty »

I only have experience of your scumgame, House. Since I was killed night one (and my investigation was on you, by the way) I don't really have a clear picture of your town game.

Do you think SilverWolf is scum? Why else would she be chasing after low hanging fruit?

It cuts both ways. If she has knowledge of your meta, you also have knowledge of hers.

Can you link me up to a town game of yours, please? Something recent and pretty lengthy, if at all possible.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Yeah, I was just about to post that, freaking ninja.

UNVOTE:

SilverWolf, wanna comment?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Bookitty »

@SilverWolf: I assumed (apparently wrongly) that if you were presenting yourself as an expert on House's meta that you'd actually be one.

Trying to turn it around on me now that your expert opinion has been disproven is pretty scummy. It's not as scummy as oddmusic's dodging of my hypocrisy question and just moving right along to the next thing like it didn't even happen.

VOTE: oddmusic
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I voted House and immediately you came in with the chainsaw, oddmusic.

It's made worse because you asked a question with a clear agenda and then either feigned ignorance of past interactions between Kop and me (and others) or genuinely weren't following the game well enough to know them.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, Psyche. I can't even find the quote I was responding to now, and after four hours in work-related testing today, my brain is fried.

If I misattributed something to you, Oddmusic, I'm sorry. I'll correct it tomorrow (not ToMorrow, but like, one calendar day from now). The quote nests are starting to kill me, so I'm going to nap and take a fresh look in the morning.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I owe Oddmusic a big apology. Sorry, Oddmusic, I don't know how I screwed that up so badly.

UNVOTE:

And this for House, who should have gotten it before:

I don't think Choof is scum. I don't like Riblet's pit-bull death grip on Choof's throat while the slot is being replaced. I honestly don't know what to think between SilverWolf and House and that whole thing but I don't have time to reread it right now (I'm at work).

I am sure Psyche is town. That's all I feel like I know for sure right now.

This week has been busy and annoying at work so far, so I apologise for my lack of good contribution. I'm going to try to do better going forward.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Bookitty »

I apologise, but some things have come up at work that I have to deal with. I didn't foresee this, but my time constraints are going to be bad for the next two days at least (Thursday and Friday). I'm going to try to post, but for now:

V/LA until Saturday, please.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

Mega awesome catch-up post. Well, catch-up post, anyway.

I am really sorry about being gone. I haven't had a chance to do more than skim the game so far (I'm still really swamped) but I do have some reads.

1. T S O - Not a lot of content to go on, honestly, but his postings are in line with what I've seen as his town game. I'm going to say null, lean-town primarily for his push on Kop which made sense to me despite the mason claim later.

2. SilverWolf - Mason

3. Boonskiies* - I don't have meta on Boonskiies that I can talk about. I think he might be scum, but I'm not confident enough to push that, especially given how wrong I've been about some of my previous suspicions. Lean-scum.

4. House - I'm still iffy on House. SilverWolf attacking him and then vouching for him isn't convincing me right now. I don't have definite town meta on him myself, and I can't tell if he's clever scum or just snarky town. I'm going with null and IGMEOY for now.

6. Ozgin - If Elusive is town, I think Ozgin is scum. He seemed to be jumping on playstyle things in a way I strongly associate with scum.

7. oddmusic - Despite my stupid misattribution of a quote from House to oddmusic, I honestly don't see anything scummy here. I think scum would have definitely jumped on my mistake and tried to push a case there. Oddmusic didn't do that, and his suspicions are really in line with mine as I read through quickly. This guy is almost certainly town.

8. tn5421 - Meh. I guess TN could be scum, but in the games I've played with him that I remember (Epic Mafia Time, primarily) he was town and he played just like this. I'm going lean-town just for that.

9. Saul Goode - I thought Choof was town, especially given that he was being pressured a lot. Saul could have come in and stalled out for a while, but he didn't do that. I note the Amished tell but I'm not really putting that much stock in it because Choof was legitimately weird. I'm putting this slot at town.

10. Psyche - Psyche is not scum. I'm almost 100 percent on this.

11. elusive - I don't have good meta on elusive. I don't think the RQS is indicative of anything; she seems pretty neutral right now and I'm going to leave her there at null. She could be scum, but I'm really leaning town right now on this slot because I felt like she won the argument with Ozgin and his arguments really look like weak and manufactured scum pushes.

12. Wrong Song - Probably my most confident scumread right now. I hated Riblet's play and Wrong Song writing both me and Psyche off as town is pinging my scumdar, honestly. I don't like turning down a townread on me, but there's no basis given for that.

13. Kop - Mason

VOTE: Wrong Song

I'm actually pretty grateful that the masons outed themselves because I would have wasted time trying to figure Kop out. I am pretty confident given the posts so far that I would have correctly sorted SilverWolf as town, but I don't think I would have done the same for Kop.

Sorry again for being gone so long. I'm back now to answer questions or whatever.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1611, SilverWolf wrote:Bookitty-Hi!! You are voting Wrong Song. What did you think of riblet?

I thought Riblet was terrible. I'm not sure if that's coloured by my minor townread on Choof and Riblet's extreme tunnel on him, though. I felt like he set up several straw-man arguments (the ones I remember are the "appeasement" thing about oddmusic and the weird 'I'm going to vote my top scum read' reasoning about how people are lynched without his help) and I dislike the definite scumread on Choof while the same logic isn't applied to House (if I recall correctly, he called House a VI for doing it -- he doesn't even consider that for Choof). If Riblet ever explained his other reasons for Choof being scum other than what I thought was a joke scumclaim, I surely didn't see it.

For me, Wrong Song is equally bad in a different way. He's still tunnelling on Choof (now Saul) and he's throwing suspicion in a lot of directions without what I see as good cause. I don't like his unexplained townreads on me and Psyche; I feel that Psyche is town based on my meta experience with him, but Wrong Song doesn't even give that much of an explanation. Apparently we're town "just because." If I remember correctly, he's also scumreading oddmusic, which seems really unjustified to me as well.

I also think Ozgin is likely scum, so I'm good with that lynch as well. I'm not down to lynch TN because I think he's town.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1630 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

@SilverWolf:

One more thing:

In post 1591, Wrong Song wrote:Also everyone don't take my anger personally. I'm ticked off at the site in freaking general at this point. Lynched every freaken game on my main, called shit by multiple players. Go on an alt change the bloody fucking playstyle dramatically and then im still pretty much ran up and lynched. Seems like I can't win. I'm over it, done with it.

This does seem like really genuine frustration. I just don't have any way to know if it's indicative of alignment in THIS game. But it's worth noting as something that did make me reconsider at least in part.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1631, Psyche wrote:i mean if i were wrong song and scum i'd still be pretty genuinely frustrated right now

Yes. That's why my vote's still there. It's just something that read as truthful to me.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Please don't vote Wrong Song (Riblet's replacement) until he can come back and make a defense/claim/whatever. I think I'm echoing a few other people but it bears repeating.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm good with an Ozgin lynch, but we have plenty of time before deadline and I really want to hear more from TN while SilverWolf is still with us for sure.

Silver: Can you please outline your reasoning for suspecting TN? I apologise if you've already done this and I missed it.

I'm going to take a closer look there myself, but that might not happen today because ~work sucks~.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Bookitty »

Can you explain why you felt it was you or Wrong Song given what I think the current vote count is, Ozgin?

I don't think you were anywhere close to being lynched. What was your hurry, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1777 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:31 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1774, Kop wrote:If you were town, that hammer was not town motivated, regardless of your alignment. We still had plenty of time, and you certainly didn't allow a claim from WS. Yes the wagon was there on him, but we were prepared for him to claim a role or at least post a counter arguement, all you've done is take that chance away.

^^+1
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

Since we're probably going to night soon:

If we have a doc or other protective role, please protect either SilverWolf or Kop. I don't think it's useful to narrow it down more than that, please. If scum don't know just who will be protected then they might miss their shot.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm here. Ozgin is my first choice lynch but I want him to talk to us first, so not voting there yet. You can consider my vote to be there, though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Bookitty »

If you have any questions for me, I'll be around (more this weekend than now, but I'm checking in every so often).

I know I have a lot to make up for from last week when I was pretty well gone from the site for a while because of work things. I'm going to try to pull my weight from here on, though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1846 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

Sure! I have something like that already at home, so I'll get that done tonight or early in the morning. :)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1962 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:25 am

Post by Bookitty »

T S O - Capable of fooling me as scum, but I'm just not seeing it here. He's taking stances and actively participating in this game in a way I don't feel is scum so far.

SilverWolf - town mason. I'm surprised she wasn't killed last night. If we have an SK, I'm betting we also have a town protective that prevented a kill on SW.

Boonskiies - I haven't played with Boonskiies enough to be able to read him based on what he's given so far. It's crap play in my eyes, but I don't know if it's town or scum.

House - Town I guess, but I don't like some of his pushes and his hostility to anyone who questions him. I don't like his repeated pushes on me, so there's probably some OMGUS there.

Ozgin - Bad tunnel. Bad hammer. Bad absence from the game. I think he's scum.

oddmusic - Apart from the masons, my strongest town. If they hadn't claimed, I would have oddmusic over Kop in my town list.

tn5421 - My strong meta town-read on him is fading with his lack of contribution. It's far worse than I remember from my previous experience with him, especially given that he's been the focus of a lot of suspicion. Lean-scum -- I think town-TN would be more proactive in defending himself here.

Saul Goode - Vig. I don't like his certainty that he would live through the night and consequent lack of use of his power. If he is an SK, he needs to use his power on behalf of town anyway, so I will be watching this slot pretty carefully.

elusive - I think she's been attacked a lot for her playstyle. I don't have a good handle on it, but I'm filing her in town for now and looking at it later.

Wrong Song - I still think his play was scummy but he flipped town.

Kop - Town mason.

I want to vote Ozgin today but I'm starting to feel like I need to think about TN and Boonskiies more. Lurking to victory is a proven way to play scum and I'm not convinced that's not what is happening in this game.

Questions, comments, general criticisms welcome.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1966 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1964, SilverWolf wrote:I agree with Ozgin being scum and tn looks scummy as well. I don't think both tn and Boon are scum together. So that's why I'm asking about those other 4 because if it isn't Boon or Saul or House or Oddmusic and we already are saying tn and Ozgin are scum, that leaves TSO as the third or you.

I don't buy into this kind of wagon analysis usually; I think smart scum have caught on to this already. I guess you could be right, but that would argue that scum are distributed optimally there. If that's the case, then I would look really hard at TSO since I know my own alignment.

Why don't you think TN and boon are scum together? I am not seeing any interaction that makes me feel like that.

I don't think Saul can be groupscum. So I'm going to rule that out, along with oddmusic -- I don't see scumminess in that slot at all.

As I said before, TSO could be scum -- I just don't see it now. I don't know about elusive either; I don't have the confidence you do, but more a lean-town on that slot.

I think there's at least one scum on the Wrong Song wagon, but I also think that was a counterwagon to Ozgin which makes no sense at all to me if he is also town. At this point one of my townies almost has to be wrong. I would bet on TN there, but I guess it could also be TSO if your theory about scum distribution is right.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2035 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. With the caveat that I'm much more sure of Ozgin scum than of TN scum, I'm going to help in this effort.

VOTE: TN

Complaining about how much content in the game is not an excuse for not participating.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (isolation #36) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Bookitty »

I for one would like a reads list from you, TN. I don't feel like I even have a starting point for asking you questions because I have no clear idea where you stand on anything.

Thanks!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (isolation #37) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yep.

VOTE: Boonskiies
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Bookitty »

@TSO: You really don't understand what is going on here, do you?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2052 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Bookitty »

No. You could figure it out by reading the thread a little more carefully.

You're really making me want to suggest you as next, though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2055 (isolation #40) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

TSO: What are your current reads, please? You can leave off Saul, Silverwolf and Kop. Everyone else, though, please.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2057 (isolation #41) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Boonskiies: Same question. Reads, please.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2059 (isolation #42) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2058, T S O wrote:Anyway, take your chance and mercilessly humiliate me already. We're all dying for it to happen

Not everything is about you. Think harder.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (isolation #43) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2060, House wrote:Why leave off Saul?

Saul is a claimed town vig. Even if he's an SK, he still has to use his power on behalf of town. In any case, he's not in the lynch pool today and probably not tomorrow either.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2070 (isolation #44) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Bookitty »

@elusive: If I go back and answer your RQS questions, will you grace us with your reads list, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2074 (isolation #45) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Here are elusive's patented RQS questions. Only to be answered by town and those who love themselves at least a little bit.

1. Are you town or are you scum or are you a rainbow? Why?

I've been town and I've been scum. I'm town here, but I would like to think I'm always a rainbow. The colours aren't always bright and cheery, but there's always some colour there.

2. In a spoiler link to your favorite song ever. This song represents your soul. No pressure.

I don't know what my favourite song ever is. I like a lot of things. Right now I guess this ranks top for me:

Spoiler:

3. What are your three favorite letters of the alphabet and why?

A N D, in that order. Because it means things are going to continue and not just end wherever they are now.

5. Choose one player in the game and describe their scum or town meta, this can be yourself.

I don't know anyone in this game well enough to do this. I don't honestly know my scum meta (I think I lurk more) and my town meta is pretty opaque to me too. Some players can spot when I'm scum right away; they've never confided in me how they do it though.

Reads pretty please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2088 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2075, elusive wrote:Bookitty, I'll reread and give reads maybe by Wednesday or so? Sorry Walking Dead season finale, and still need to process.

Shortcut reads are above your posts.

This is why I'm not reading elusive as scum. She's been kind of lurky, but she gave reads at least as detailed as those TSO gave and even promised more later. I don't think scum would put themselves on the hook for more specific reads after doing the shortcut already.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2090 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2089, Kop wrote:When or how long before Ozgin is prodded?

In about seven hours, more or less.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (isolation #48) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2103, Saul Goode wrote:Two questions for the MS vets:

1. Do you guys have a theory called "too scummy to be scum" or "too wolfy to be a wolf?"
2. Do you think that would apply to Ozgin?

1. Sure, I've heard that. I think it's usually applied to playstyle issues, though, rather than actual scum motivated actions. I've seen it play out both ways, though.

2. Anything could potentially apply to Ozgin. He is being extremely stingy with the information he's giving town and has said he's survival-motivated; other than that, what has he really told us about his reads or his opinions on this game?

@Silverwolf: <3 Hope things get better soon.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2149 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2148, Ozgin wrote:
I'm being replaced. I need replaced, regardless of whether or not Aero would let me come back at this point. My sincerest apologies, Aero. I picked a bad time to bite off more than I could chew.

Real life always takes precedence. I hope things get better for you, Ozgin. Good luck!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Bookitty »

I want to wait until SilverWolf is off V/LA or Ozgin is replaced (whichever comes first) to see if discussion picks up, but it feels like we're in a holding pattern right now.

Also, thanks Elusive! I will try to do the same sometime tomorrow, I think.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2222 (isolation #51) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

My vote is on Boonskiies and I'm fine with keeping it there.

I don't like Ozgin's play nor his exit, so I'm also fine with lynching him.

I think Elusive is probably town. I'm not confident in my ability to read her but I'm going to put my opinion out there just the same.

If we are going to lynch Ozgin, though, we need to do it before a replacement comes in and reads the game. I've been there and it sucks.

EBWOP: I'm fine with being in the vig pool as a replacement for House. I'm pretty sure he's grumpy obnoxious town at this point.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2231 (isolation #52) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2227, SilverWolf wrote:I'm fine with him being in the vig pool. I've been out of it lately to the point I don't even mind being NK'd in this game. So I want to know what town thinks of telegraphing to scum what PR's are possibly still alive and what NK actions they should take before we are at lylo.

I don't know that I buy this "telegraphing" thing. Is it anti-town? Sure. But wouldn't scum just talk in their PT or QT or whatever rather than discussing it openly?

That said, TSO is scummy imo for a lot of other reasons so I don't mind him being the lynch OR the vig-shot. And Saul has already made it clear he doesn't want help picking a target (I can find that quote if needed) so I don't think discussing it is going to make any difference either way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (isolation #53) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm fine with being in the vig pool. I don't know where you're getting the impression I'm not?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (isolation #54) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2236, House wrote:If you truly believe this, why would you make the post offering to take my slot in the vig pool in the first place?

Because I was rereading and this:

In post 2201, Saul Goode wrote:Guns are scary. And I usually shoot Townies. So...

In post 2209, Saul Goode wrote:Guys.

Relax.

I know how to play my role. Don't need any help.

made me think that he's not going to listen regardless. I'm fine being on his list. I just don't think giving him a list necessarily means he will follow it.

Do you?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2259 (isolation #55) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

Boon, do you understand why we were voting TN or you in the first place?

If your answer is no, I'm going to take back some of the things I said about TSO.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (isolation #56) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2288, SilverWolf wrote:Bookitty-Can you please explain this read progression to me on T S O? You have moved him from probably town to scummy and I'm not seeing the reasoning for it anywhere in your posts.

When we were shifting votes for pressure, TSO was playing that whole "I don't know what's going on! You are scummy for votehopping!" jazz. I didn't buy it at the time because it felt horribly fake to me. I started viewing him as scummy then.

I'm having to rethink that since Boonskiies also didn't understand that was what was going on. I thought it was pretty obvious, though, and it made me think TSO was looking for any reason not to vote Boonskiies. However, both of them playing the both "I don't know what Bookitty was doing! OMG she's scum!" seems a little obvious if they're scum together.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (isolation #57) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't think I even noticed that, Kop. I'm pretty sure that my suspicions were just based on the "OMG what are you doing you must be scum" reaction that TSO gave to the pressure we were putting on Boon. I started thinking there was a link there at that point and got more suspicious of both of them as a result.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (isolation #58) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

Feel better, Aeronaut. <3
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2307 (isolation #59) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

In I move my vote from TN to Boonskiies.

In TSO votes me and later says I'm way too votehappy.

TSO then claims that he doesn't know what's going on with the vote switches, which looks like a preemptive excuse for his vote when I eventually flip town.

The timing of his vote looks like he doesn't want Boonskiies pressured, especially since he didn't say anything when I voted TN whom I'd claimed a mild townread on right up til that point. If TSO was really concerned with scumhunting, wouldn't he have picked up on THAT and not the Boon vote, which actually made more sense given my expressed views up to that point?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2311 (isolation #60) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

I think Ozgin is scum. I didn't like his play, I didn't like his quickhammer on town for survivalistic reasons and I didn't like his replace out while still posting stuff.

House - meh. He's right that he's playing differently than he did as scum in the game I had with him. I know SilverWolf is town and she's pretty much vouching for him, so I'm trying to chalk that up to playstyle differences. I liked that he was willing to help SW pressure people to post but I don't have the townread to end all townreads on him. My gut says scum, but I honestly can't support it right now. :(

Can you explain your townread on TSO, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2396 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:14 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2394, Kop wrote:I'm going to hit the X, last nights beer is seemingly coming back to the surface.

Then for the love of god, lean OUT of the wagon!

Seriously, though... I get what you're saying about TN and I agree to an extent. I was happy to pressure-vote him myself. But my gut-read there is town.

I'll vote him to get a lynch, but we have time and I'm okay with my vote where it is for now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2398 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2397, Kop wrote:I would rather a no lynch than just to lynch my town gut read just to get a lynch over the line.

I disagree with this. My gut can be wrong. The information from the lynch wagon is more important, imo, because we aren't going to get anything like that information from a vig or a nightkill.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2412 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2410, SilverWolf wrote:Bookitty can you explain why Boon is scum?

I kinda want to slam my head into my desk at this point.

Okay. Do you remember when you were like, OMG, I wish people would post more before we lynch Ozgin. And I was like, Yeah, I hate lurkers too! And you were like, Inorite!

And then you voted TN and some of us were helping you to pressure TN because he wasn't posting at all.

And then you moved your vote to Boon and I was like Yep and I voted him too because he wasn't posting at all. And that still didn't make Boon post, but TSO was like, WHAT?

And I did not tell TSO what we were doing even though he even voted me for it because that would have made the whole point of pressuring Boon pointless.

And you gave up on Boon and wandered off but finally Boon checks in and there are votes on him. So HE doesn't apparently understand the pressure thing either (which is good I think) and goes atomic-OMGUS on people who voted him.

So, it's good that the votes actually served to put pressure on Boon to post something. But YOU at least should know why I voted him in the first place. I was waiting to see what Lucky2U would post because Ozgin was over-the-top scummy and I didn't see a need to move my vote off Boon during that.

You do remember why I was voting him, right?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2414 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Bookitty »

It's very frustrating when the person who initiates a strategy to try to encourage lurkers to post then acts like they don't know that this strategy was being used. It's not a little thing, SilverWolf.

I am waiting for more content from Ozgin/Lucky2U. I don't like Boon's OMG OMGUS response to his wagon; I don't like TSO's quick protection of Boon when I voted Boon. I don't like Boon threatening me about my vote on him. That's not enough for me to call Boon scum at this point, but it's not making me feel all fluffy puppies about him either. I don't LIKE his play, but I don't know if it's scummy or not.

I'm not going to vote TN because I STILL think he's town. I said I'd only do that to avoid a no-lynch, and I meant it. I'm not going to unvote just for the sake of it or because Boon calls me scummy for having voted him in the first place (I don't respond well to threats, as anyone who has played with me can attest). I don't want to vote Lucky2U until I feel sure he's had a fair chance to redeem the slot, because I've been in that position and being lynched right after replacing and reading the game sucks. (I was nightkilled, but it's the same suckage either way.)

I haven't moved my vote for these reasons. Will I? Probably to Lucky2U barring some really exceptional content/insights. But it's sitting where I want it for now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2417 (isolation #65) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2415, SilverWolf wrote:Fuck off, I never said I didn't remember the plan. I said I didn't know why you thought Boon was scum or why you are still on him.

I didn't think Boon was scum when I voted him. I thought that would be clear. I voted him to help you pressure him. I thought he wasn't posting and this was a good way to get him to do so.

I didn't think TN was scum when I voted him earlier, either, and I was pretty clear about that one.

I explained why I'm still on him.

I thought you would understand that my vote on Boon was for pressure to post. It worked, too, apparently, since he's posting now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2419 (isolation #66) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm not as impressed with Boonskiies' giant pile of OMGUS with a helping of Ozgin thrown in for spice. That doesn't make him scum, like I said, but I'm a little less smitten than you seem to be.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2421 (isolation #67) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

I literally just answered this.

It's like I'm talking to myself, seriously.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (isolation #68) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2414, Bookitty wrote:I don't like Boon's OMG OMGUS response to his wagon; I don't like TSO's quick protection of Boon when I voted Boon. I don't like Boon threatening me about my vote on him. That's not enough for me to call Boon scum at this point, but it's not making me feel all fluffy puppies about him either. I don't LIKE his play, but I don't know if it's scummy or not.

Reading is FUNdamental.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2428 (isolation #69) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm just fine with being lynched, actually, because I'm really sick of this nonsense at this point.

I don't recall saying I was going to wait for a replacement to come in, but you, Silverwolf, threw a hissy fit because people WERE NOT WAITING for a replacement to come in and were instead voting Ozgin's slot. So now it's damned if you do, damned if you don't, right? I did say I was waiting NOW, but your confusing the two issues is just more misrepresentation from someone who is SUPPOSED to be conftown and to act like it.

We're four days away from deadline. I have NOT been inactive nor have I been avoiding saying what I would do. Yelling at me and threatening me over who I'm voting makes me just want to prod dodge until you lynch me, honestly. Having every part of my past actions rewritten (Why did you think Boon was scum? Why don't you unvote when I do?) to fit whatever weird theory you're floating at the time is less than fun. I can't even defend myself against accusations like that: It's like "Why do you beat your wife?" No answer I give is going to satisfy, including the obvious "I don't even have a wife."

So you and House enjoy your little tag-team attack action. I'm not scared to be the lynch today, and when I flip town, I hope to god Saul shoots straight.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2432 (isolation #70) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Bookitty »

Please don't confuse my being pissed off as AtE. I have no intention for you to feel sorry for me.

You repeatedly asked me why Boon was scum. I thought you would know that I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum and told you so. You told me, and I quote, to "Fuck off."

You asked me why I was still voting him if I didn't know he was scum. Surprise, I don't know ANYONE is scum. I left my vote there because I wasn't ready to vote Lucky2U before he could vote. I am not just going to move my vote to look good to you or anyone. Also, Boon was threatening me over my vote and I'm not going to respond well to that. I have SAID that but you clearly only read what you want to read.

I'm not upset because you voted me. I'm upset because you keep making statements that I know to be untrue and then expect me to answer them like they are an actual fact. Make a case on me, I'll be happy to defend. But how can I defend against crap that didn't even happen, SW?

I'd rather be lynched than to continue with this particular "throw everything and see what sticks" parade.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (isolation #71) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:12 am

Post by Bookitty »

I think cursing at me falls under the general heading of "yelling at me." I didn't say you asked me why I unvoted when you did because I DID NOT unvote when you did. This is part of what I mean by making accusations that have no basis in fact:

I didn't unvote when you did. In fact, a lot of Boon's actual content posting (which you approve of) happened after you unvoted. Do you think it likely that would have happened if he'd had zero votes on him?

I've already expressed that I don't wanna vote TN. I don't think there's any lack of clarity there. I have also said that I was waiting for Lucky2U to post more, and I don't think I was alone in that.

I don't care if you pressure me. I don't like being cursed at, I'll admit that right off the bat, because I didn't use harsh language or throw an insult at you. You drew first blood in that discussion, not me, and I don't think I'm the first person to be pissed off by something like that either. You can call it an overreaction, but when you are being unnecessarily rude, I don't think you get the right to be SURPRISED by that reaction either. I'm sorry you're having difficulties in RL, but I'm not your punching bag in this game.

I prefer an Ozgin/Lucky2U lynch today. I don't particularly think Boon is scum. I don't ever self-vote (check my games, it's never happened) but I'm done defending myself against these ever-shifting arguments and accusations.

UNVOTE:
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2437 (isolation #72) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

I accept the apology. I'm sorry too. I think I was a little "ready" to take offense.

Here's what happened from my perspective:

I voted Boon to help pressure him. It wasn't any different to me than the vote on TN and I have been pretty diligent about watching votecounts to make sure that no one was going to get lynched without the chance to claim/offer last words.
You unvoted Boon, but he was still promising content so I left it there. He was at L-1 at one point, but I thought your unvote was good enough to keep him safe while he made his cases.
I thought and think his cases suck. But that doesn't make him scum imo, it just makes him wrong. I have some OMGUS there but I am trying to keep that separate from an objective read.
He asked two conftown to unvote him and then said (and I'm basing this on memory) that one of House and I were scum. Then we were scum together. There's no explanation for this weird shift, but I'm also chalking that up to OMGUS on Boon's part. I get that he didn't know why I voted him, but I think he ought to have known if he read the game. (Same for TSO.)
I wanted to vote Ozgin but you were asking repeatedly for more time (we have six days left). I agreed with this and wanted to give as much time as possible before moving my vote, something I'd indicated that I wanted to do at least once and probably more than that.
Boon was making noises threatening me about voting TN (which I don't want to do, and have said I don't want to do and would only do to avoid a NL).
From my perspective, you then suddenly jumped on me (we are so close to deadline) about not moving my vote off Boon. It seemed to me you didn't even know that I voted him to help pressure him. I don't generally unvote unless I'm going to move my vote to someone else or I have a really compelling reason to do so; Boon wasn't close to lynch and I was waiting for Lucky2U.

I didn't remember having said I wanted to wait for a replacement; in fact, I'd said the opposite:

In post 2222, Bookitty wrote:If we are going to lynch Ozgin, though, we need to do it before a replacement comes in and reads the game. I've been there and it sucks.

So that statement was flat out not true.

Sorry I got mad at you, SilverWolf. I don't think you're a bitch. Like the movie says, sooner or later we all go to the zoo. <3
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2439 (isolation #73) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Bookitty »

No, I want to vote Lucky2U today because of Ozgin. He's had time to convince me otherwise. I want to give him a bit more time too, but it looks like he's wasting it all.

In Cave Story, I replaced in at night. I read the game. I had figured out one scum. Then I was the nightkill. I never even got to play at all.

That's the situation I've been in before. Lucky2U has already had more of a chance than I did.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2448 (isolation #74) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2445, Lucky2u wrote:on a purely cosmetic issue... please stop the Lucky2U. the "u" is not captilized. you may refer to me as Lucky for short as well. L2u if you are a teenager that likes to abbreviate.

There are roughly four days until deadline. If you have reads/comments on the gamestate, now is the time. Do you really think this is vital information that can't wait until after you post content?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2450 (isolation #75) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2444, Lucky2u wrote:Would you all like a summary of my thoughts up to page 40 (where I am at)?

Yes. If that wasn't clear before, yes I would like that. Please post.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2452 (isolation #76) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2451, Lucky2u wrote:I should tell you now that I will never back off the fluffy humor posts, you can skip them or bitch about them, niether will change the fact that I have fun when I play.

I didn't recognise it as humour. It looked like the kind of nitpicking I did as a grammar-Nazi TA.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2500 (isolation #77) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2494, SilverWolf wrote:tn is scum and Bookitty is one of his partners.

I am not scum. However, I suspect that won't matter since I defended scum.

I screwed up. It's not the first time it's happened and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2504 (isolation #78) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Bookitty »

I missed your last post, TN.

I don't know why I'm being scumread. I suspect it's because I was reading you as town based on EpicMafiaTime where I misread you horribly during the early game and got convincingly proved wrong when you flipped. I don't know how I'm supposed to show proof that they're wrong.

Why weren't you posting? I'm pretty sure your extreme lurkeriness is why you're being scumread.

Can you give a reads list, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2507 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Bookitty »

For some reason my browser isn't showing me the ninja posts before I post, so please excuse this. I'm not really this stupid, I swear. I'll switch browsers in a sec.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2523 (isolation #80) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I want to hear from Saul before we do anything else. I have a theory based on what we know so far, but I don't want to put it out there until after Saul tells us what happened.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2538 (isolation #81) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2527, SilverWolf wrote:I am very interested to hear what Bookitty comes up with as well.

I don't want to say anything yet because I'm afraid I might influence what will be said (as in Schrodinger's Cat). I don't mean to be enigmatic and I'll be plain as soon as we hear what happened from Saul.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2539 (isolation #82) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2536, goodmorning wrote:If SilverWolf's a Mason and that wasn't just a joke (tysm for filling me in, btb) then that's an excellent foundation for me to build reads on.

She's definitely a mason and conftown. Kop claimed with her YesterDay and he's dead and flipped mason now, so there's no chance of error there.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2570 (isolation #83) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2551, goodmorning wrote:Then he's either uncertain Town who wants to wait for more info or he's Scum with one or more of the targets. (If both targets are Town in the latter scenario then the scumteam kills one of them N1 and Saul claims it as his Vig shot.) He's not likely to be any sort of 3p if he's reluctant to kill. I suppose it could be possible that he could have been roleblocked but that would also mean one or more of the targets is Scum.

GoodMorning, the reason I didn't line out my theory was because I wanted Saul to have a chance to respond WITHOUT telling him what to say.

So why did you outline all the possible options when others (not just me) were waiting for him to weigh in first and had said as much?

House, SilverWolf, I think that ship has sailed.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2571 (isolation #84) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:57 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2567, Boonskiies wrote:Also, it's convenient that she's trying to push for Saul to say something first, and talking about how she doesn't want Saul to do that Cat thing. I believe Bookitty is the one actually doing that.

What does this even mean? What is that Cat thing?

Out of curiosity, Boon, do you know what my stance was on TN pretty much all day yesterday?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2572 (isolation #85) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:11 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2085, Saul Goode wrote:I'm here. Getting caught up. Weekends are tough for me. So don't expect a ton of activity on Saturdays or Sundays.

Based on this, I guess it's not feasible to wait til Monday to discuss my theory and my reasoning behind it. If you think I should hold off, please say so and I won't post it; otherwise I'm going to share it later today so you can tell me why you agree or disagree. It won't matter until Saul weighs in anyway, and pretty much every possibility has been outed by now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2574 (isolation #86) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Bookitty »

What doesn't make sense?

Meh, I'm just going to out with it.

Yeah, I was thinking roleblocker was a possibility. We already have a doc, a tracker and two Masons outed on the town side. We know those for sure. Saul claims vig, and that's huge power on the town side. A roleblocker makes sense on the scum side (and some other power too) to balance that power.

That's what I was thinking and that's why I wanted to wait and see if Saul said that. I didn't want to spoon-feed it to him, though, but that's already happened now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2576 (isolation #87) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

GoodMorning already said it. It's not like he wouldn't know now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2581 (isolation #88) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2579, SilverWolf wrote:which would be a terrible fakeclaim and totally not necessary since he was in no danger of a lynch.

The second part of this is what's making me think roleblocker.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2600 (isolation #89) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2598, Boonskiies wrote:You were scum pushing her until I started pushing you and said she was town. Then you backed off, and tried to fall under the radar.

No. Read the game.

First, TN is a guy to the best of my knowledge. Secondly, TN played precisely this way in EpicMafiaTime where he was the doctor and I SAID so repeatedly. I didn't know he was a power role but I DID know I almost mislynched him in a previous game. I know I said this.

Quit rewriting history to suit yourself. Either read the game or quit misrepping things you clearly didn't bother to read.

Schrodinger's Cat is a theory in physics in which observing an object affects its state. I didn't want to say, Oh, hey, I think Saul was roleblocked! because if Saul is scum he could easily jump on that as a ready excuse. It wasn't something Saul would do. It's the fact that even saying something could be true could affect the reactions of the person you're saying it about.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2607 (isolation #90) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2606, Lucky2u wrote:Yes he did count it... are you even reading the game?

Boon seems to think I was a motivating force for the TN lynch, so my guess is no.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2628 (isolation #91) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Bookitty »

I have very minimal experience with Boonskiies, but I really HATE his refusal to read this game (or to understand it, at a minimum) and his backhanded insults to SilverWolf about what I think has been pretty good play in this game.

Frustration over being suspected and not being able to defend against accusations that are so vague as to be nearly nonexistent? That I understand and empathise with. But Boonskiies isn't in that position. Instead, his attitude seems to be one of smug condescension even though it's obvious he hasn't actually bothered to read the game.

As SilverWolf has said, we were moving votes to pressure lurkers. We didn't SAY that we were doing that because that would undercut the entire point of the exercise, but it was pretty obvious for anyone who was actually following along with the game imo. Boonskiies wasn't bothering to do that; instead, he came out loaded for bear and guns blazing to attack everyone on his wagon except the masons. He accused me of pushing TN's lynch, something I think is pretty evident as the opposite of true and something Boon had done himself earlier in the game. He didn't even know that House had soft-claimed vengeful.

It's possible SilverWolf was left alive SPECIFICALLY to make her doubt all her own reads. All of that is WIFOM. Yet Boon seems to be really certain that the scum killed Kop because SilverWolf was wrong. I looked at Kop's ISO (to be fair, I didn't reread it in context, so maybe I missed something) but their reads seem to be pretty much in sync. I don't know what was said in the mason chat but the scum wouldn't know that either, so that part is irrelevant.

Boon seems to be spending the majority of his time trying to break down SilverWolf's confidence in her own reads, regardless of what they are. SW is a strong town leader and I think scum would HAVE to work that angle to try to undermine her voice and to reduce her credibility with town. I don't like this AT ALL. It's made worse by the fact that all of Boon's reads seem to be based in OMGUS regarding a strategy that was intended to elicit content from non-contributors. He's not reading the game, or he wouldn't think that I was pushing TN. Heck, he's not even reading my ISO while pushing me as a likely scum.

I still want to wait for Saul to explain what happened. But right now I'm thinking:

Who doesn't have to read the game?
Who typically adopts a condescending attitude toward people actually trying to play the game?
Who benefits by discrediting SilverWolf?

And it makes me think that Boon is scum.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2640 (isolation #92) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:39 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2638, Boonskiies wrote:HOLY FUCK! Bookitty is the biggest scumfuck ever this game, and SilverWolf is yet again being manipulated by it. Why the fuck as scum would I have any incentive to argue a mason who was SCUM READING ONE OF MY MAIN SCUM READS! God fucking damn.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. I never said you were arguing with her. I said you were being condescending and patronising in what looks like some effort to discredit SilverWolf in the eyes of town. I note that Lucky2U has chimed in to support your attempt, too.

I am amused, however, at your characterisation of me as this evil genius scum. I don't think anyone has ever said anything like that about me before, so that made me happy. Thank you.

You've been wrong about a lot, Boonskiies, so let me outline your misreps in this game:

1. I thought TN was town. I wasn't absolutely sure, so I didn't fight as hard as I should have. But anyone who has actually read the game would know that I didn't think TN was scum, I didn't support his lynch and that I said so repeatedly. If you'd actually read my ISO or the rest of the game, you'd know that TN was a guy at a minimum because of all of us referring to him as "him" or "he". You didn't even know that.

2. I hate lurkers. They make this game hard to play because they give nothing on which to base a read. I went with SilverWolf's plan to pressure lurkers, first TN, then you. It wasn't until ToDay when you started trying to discredit SilverWolf that I became convinced that you were scum. Your certainty that Kop was killed because SilverWolf was wrong in her reads makes no sense, since SilverWolf herself said that she and Kop were on the same page and I didn't find any outlier suspicions that Kop expressed in this thread. Your hysterical OMGUS yesterday was based on pressure votes in an effort to stop lurkers from lurking. It worked in part, but you still need to read the thread.

I also don't like that you moved your vote off House as soon as you could after you were told he was a vengeful townie, something that you should have known already. That's not a misrep; it's just an observation that doesn't make me feel all snuggly puppies and kittens about your alignment either.

@MOD:
Could we have a prod on Saul Goode and Elusive, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2643 (isolation #93) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2641, SilverWolf wrote:Zebulin replaced elusive. Saul is usually gone one weekends.

Thanks, SilverWolf. I had forgotten about Zebulin; I remember thinking he was town for some reason, so I need to go back and reread that slot. I am busy this afternoon but I'll look at it when I can.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (isolation #94) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2646, Saul Goode wrote:I was trying to draw the NK away from the masons. That said, I think the fact I *AM* alive means that the scum team wasn't too worried about where I was likely to shoot. And that has value.

What value do you think it has? I read over your ISO and you were really careful not to narrow down your choices much and even said that you knew how to play your role when discussion was at its peak. So how do you think it's going to help us now?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2651 (isolation #95) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I'm not in a hurry anyway because I'm busy this afternoon and I have a few targeted reads to do in this game anyway.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2742 (isolation #96) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. Intent to hammer. I don't care if someone else does it, but I will give Boonskiies until sometime tomorrow to defend himself/accuse others or whatever he wants to do before I put my vote down.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2752 (isolation #97) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't want this game to stall out either.

VOTE: Boonskiies
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2758 (isolation #98) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:00 am

Post by Bookitty »

No. I shouldn't have been caught up in OMGUS yesterday and I should have stuck to this in the first place.

VOTE: Lucky2U
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2765 (isolation #99) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm Vanilla Town.

Popcorn: T S O
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2775 (isolation #100) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2773, Zebulin wrote:I think the lynch should be in (Lucky, T S O, Saul) as goodmorning looks really town and House hinted at a PR.

I agree with this. I think Zebulin and goodmorning are town nearly for sure. The fact that Lucky2U has claimed VT does not correspond with Ozgin's extreme survivalist behaviour and quickhammer on Wrong Song on Day One.

I think Lucky2U is the most likely scum. I am going to unvote now because I won't be around to watch the vote overnight (I was checking in regularly throughout most of today), but the fact that no one except Zebulin (whom I have as town) voted him after I did makes me feel even more secure in that read on Lucky2U.

UNVOTE:
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2782 (isolation #101) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Bookitty »

I would like to lynch Lucky2U. I think it's our best shot.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2784 (isolation #102) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yeah, I'm basically stating my intent so we can discuss before we vote.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2787 (isolation #103) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2778, House wrote:I'm proceeding on the assumption that we don't have any more room to mislynch and won't vote until we decide on a lynch to reduce the likelihood of a scum quickhammer.

That. I don't have anything to discuss, I've said my piece about why I think Lucky is scum.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2793 (isolation #104) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2791, Saul Goode wrote:General question - are you guys typically allowed to jk/doc/protect the same person two nights in a row?

Sure. I have only played one game in which the Doc had to choose different targets every night (I'm thinking it was Drawn on Arrival and BROseidon, but I'd have to look). Anyway, free choice of targets is the norm so far as I know. GoodMorning is the official IC, though, so I would go with she says if it disagrees with me.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2810 (isolation #105) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I was sort of waiting for Lucky to make some sort of defense or even a case on someone else, but I guess that's not going to happen. I'm usually a sucker for AtE and I'm steeling myself against it right now.

VOTE: Lucky2U
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2833 (isolation #106) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I am really sorry for killing all those people. I really don't have a good excuse; I just fell in with the wrong crowd. I'm really not a bad person. I cried at every one of your funerals.

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2836 (isolation #107) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Bookitty »

<3 Aeronaut. You did a GREAT job :)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2840 (isolation #108) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2835, Lucky2u wrote:but really... it was all of our faults.

It was House's fault. All of it. Well, it was a little bit TSO's fault too. It was everyone's fault but mine.

In seriousness, I was really lucky to have smart and talented partners in this game and all of the credit goes to them. I was mostly along for the ride :)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2842 (isolation #109) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2841, Lucky2u wrote:Yea... TSO is a good scum buddy to have <3

^^ +1
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2853 (isolation #110) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2846, SilverWolf wrote:Boon was really spot on with his read on you and House.

This is one of the problems with being a lurker, though. Even when you're right, you haven't built up the cred to be believed.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2929 (isolation #111) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:07 am

Post by Bookitty »

I had a lot of fun in this game. I'm sorry for being inactive the first week or so, but I had some work things that couldn't be avoided.

Thanks for the game, Aeronaut and everyone. <3
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2932 (isolation #112) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:24 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2931, Saul Goode wrote:Aero? I'm not an alt. lol.

S'all good, man.

In other news, I nominated Aeronaut for Best Flavor here. He really deserves it!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2935 (isolation #113) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Bookitty »

<3 Thank you both! :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”