TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by TooMuchPete »

death_omen wrote: Lol, is it because my name ends with omen and starts with death? lol, this isnt the first time.
I am under no delusion that I am clever or funny.
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:43 am

Post by TooMuchPete »

Is it just me, or did Panzer's last post have a distinctly defensive tone to it?
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by TooMuchPete »

Apologies for my absence. busy weekend.

Destructor has made the most noise and has been awfully conspicuous about it, but I agree with Gaspode that it seems like it's almost too much to be a scum tell. That said, the constant reminders to lower-case the 'd' also annoy me almost to the point of voting.

I still stand by my assessment that panzer's post 65 seemed defensive to me. There is a hint of aggression to it, but those on the defensive often lash out. I can see the Aceiks interpretation, but I don't really agree. Fortunately I don't see that subtle difference mattering too much: it's bad either way.

GodofWine had a spot or two of suspicious activity, but promptly got it under control when he was called out as Aceiks describes. I'll be keeping an eye on that one for sure, though. Could've been a misunderstanding, but also could've been a scum slip-up.

Those are the only three that have put any blips on my radar, so to speak. At any rate, they're both a little vote-heavy right now, so I think I'm going to have to settle for a
FoS: Destructor & Panzer
. I do think, however, the time for random votes has past and so I'll also
Unvote: death_omen
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:32 am

Post by TooMuchPete »

Yikes. Lots of posts. Any idea why I'm not getting "notified" when replies are posted?

I'm going to address all of the comments about my last post.
destructor post 90 wrote:TMP, what was that 'bad feeling' about death_omen, and what happened to it when you Unvoted him?
It was a (bad) joke. You know... a death omen? Might give one a bad feeling? Amazingly, even bad jokes are less funny when they have to be explained.

Ripley post 91 wrote:
TooMuchPete wrote:GodofWine had a spot or two of suspicious activity, but promptly got it under control when he was called out as Aceiks describes. I'll be keeping an eye on that one for sure, though. Could've been a misunderstanding, but also could've been a scum slip-up.
This doesn't seem like anything Aceiks said about GodOfWine. Can you explain what you meant by that? And what is it that "Could've been a misunderstanding, but also could've been a scum slip-up"?
Semantics, I suppose, but I didn't say he said it, I said he described it. By that I just mean that I agree with Aceiks description (in post 83) of GoW's actions but that they seemed to stop rather suddenly after being rebuffed by AlSleet in post 59... although, in retrospect, it seems to have stopped because he hasn't posted since then... so I retract the "stopped suddenly" part of my comment.

What I meant by the misunderstanding vs. scumtell was only that in my interpretation at the time, it seemed like an isolated incident and, therefore, could've just been a mistake (on his part or on someone else's) or it could've been a real scum-tell that he caught and fixed. Obviously that analysis is no longer applicable.

destructor post 92 wrote:
TooMuchPete wrote:Destructor has made the most noise and has been awfully conspicuous about it, but I agree with Gaspode that it seems like it's almost too much to be a scum tell.
Gaspode never said that!
I think he expressed similar sentiments to those in post 85.

Panzerjager post 87 wrote:Pete, I'm aggressive, that is my playstyle. Always has been. Always. Ask AlSleet. I'm very very consistant.
AlSleet wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:Pete, I'm aggressive, that is my playstyle. Always has been. Always. Ask AlSleet. I'm very very consistant.
He is aggressive. Annoyingly so.
I still say it was more defensive than aggressive and if that's the case I'd say that it's a significant departure from your "norm", especially if you're "very very consistent", as you say.

All that said, Destructor seems awfully eager to OMGUS and jump on other people's negative analyses... seems like he's trying to get in early on bandwagons.
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:03 am

Post by TooMuchPete »

destructor wrote:Do you have anything substantial to base that vote on?
Surely you're kidding. I don't know mafia theory like some folks, but in my world defending things that are scummy is scummy.
destructor wrote:I think half the reason I'm suspicious is that I've posted so much (relatively). More posts = more to derive suspicion from.
True. Especially when most of them involve doing something haphazard or bizarrely anti-town.
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:03 am

Post by TooMuchPete »

I don't want to put destructor L-1 before we've even heard from Flameaxe, but absolutely nobody looks as scummy to me as he does right now.

Post 104
makes no sense to me. I've read it several times and can make neither heads nor tails of it.

Post 110
is an "I know you are but what am I" defense, which is not very convincing. It's not OMGUS when there are (multiple) stated reasons, sir. Let's look at your vote history:

No Lynch, Self-Vote, Gaspode (quasi-random for not posting), then Panzer (#50, OMGUS), then your current vote for death_omen.

The death_omen vote started with a FoS when you randomly backed off of Panzer and then (before he could say anything in response) you turned the FoS into a vote. Conspicuously all of this dusted up after he voted for you. You say "The eventual vote for me seem too trigger-happy" which sounds like a weak cover for an OMGUS vote from where I'm sitting.

So while you've come up with some justifications, I cannot ignore the fact that both of your serious votes have come immediately after a vote for you
and
the first one was
clearly
an OMGUS vote that you tried to play off as justified later... "Oh yeah, that's right. Pick on the newbie." just screams OMGUS, no matter what you say later.

Post 112
trying to convince GoW to go downgrade his vote to a FoS

Post 118
goes back to blaming everything on being bored, but you're not really acting any cleaner now, and you claim to no longer be bored. What's up with that?

You also continue to defend your No Lynch, instead of just admitting that it was a bad idea. What is it that you think was gained as a direct result of your No Lynch vote, besides some opportunities for you to OMGUS.

Post 119
is interesting, but I don't really read as large a conflict into those two statements as you seem to.
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by TooMuchPete »

Jebus, folks. I'm behind. Work was busy. I'll catch up over the weekend and have something to say by Sunday. Apologies.
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by TooMuchPete »

destructor wrote:I began to suspect that he may be mafia with death after he unvoted death_omen.
You do realize that my death_omen vote was a joke/random page 1 vote, right? This is a point I've made (I think) twice now, but you continue to harp on my unvote. Why is that?

Despite that, I'm becoming less sure of my lean towards Destructor. Inspite of himself, there are some other interesting arguments out there, that I really need a little more time to unpack. I would say that I disagree with this though:
Ripley wrote:He's making a big effort in his most recent post to get his final thoughts down in case he's lynched, and you don't usually find scum who think they're going down bothering to take all that trouble to fabricate material
That's only true if you take for granted that he's going to be lynched. I don't see that as a foregone conclusion. Right now there's a solid start towards that end, but there's also enough hesitation to keep it from happening, and if that hesitation can be converted into support, by way of (hypothetically) "fabricating material" then it seems like it would be a perfectly reasonable course of action for scum.

That's not to say that I think that post MAKES him scummy, I don't think that at all, but I see it as a very reasonable and neutral tactic from either side of the game. Am I missing something in that analysis?
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:49 am

Post by TooMuchPete »

destructor wrote:TMP:
destructor wrote:I found this odd seeing as it came right after death had made the questionable vote on me.
I would have thought that, random or not, your vote would have had some reason to stay on death_omen.

I think I've raised this before but in light of recent events, it could be interesting to point it out again:
In the same post you unvoted death_omen, you noted your suspicions of Panzer, GoW and I, yet only FoSed me and Panzer.
Two othings re: my death_omen vote.
1. "Right after"? If by "right after" you mean 7 hours later and with 14 intervening posts, then sure, it was "right after".
2. If that's why you found it odd, why did you ask me about my random vote reason? To quote: "TMP, what was that 'bad feeling' about death_omen, and what happened to it when you Unvoted him?" And, unsurprisingly you FoS'd me for unvoting him right after your OMGUS vote. Color me shocked.

As for the GoW/Panzer/Destro thing, it's pretty simple and I've explained it before: my suspicion for GodOfWine was not anywhere near as strong as it was for you and panzer. (if this is an incorrect use of FoS, I'd love for someone other than destructor to say so.)
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:08 am

Post by TooMuchPete »

Gaspode wrote:The other people who haven't posted in 2+ days should weigh in as well (by my count, this includes Alsleet, death_omen, and toomuchpete).
My opinion has not changed in the past two days. I still think that Destructor is the most scummy player. GodofWine is making some strides to dethrone him, but has a ways to go, IMO.

I'm not really much for posting just for the sake of posting. If I don't have anything to add, I'm not going to waste everyone's time. It's a philosophy I wish more people would take up.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have, but I'm not going to just keep reiterating points I've already made.
TooMuchPete
TooMuchPete
Townie
TooMuchPete
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by TooMuchPete »

Aceiks wrote:Number Crunching:

We have 11 alive and need 6 to lynch.
I'll assume flameaxe won't be voting.
death_omen says he's waiting to vote for some "proof"
toomuchpete hasn't placed a vote since unvoting his random
I'll assume the person being lynched won't vote for him(her)self
I'll assume 2 of 3 scum will be on the wagon

And all of the sudden we need every actively voting player to agree on a person to lynch. We really aren't in a "majority" setting anymore. It's more of a unanimous vote is needed.

This may be construed as a push to lynch right now, when really it's a plea for the players not actively voting to get in the game.
I apologize. I keep operating under the assumption that I had voted for Destructor, but I am reminded that I have not due to the L-1 issue. That not being the case any more...
Vote: Destructor

I am listening to the case against GoW and trying to decide what to make of it. I'd love for someone who really thinks that he's the one to vote for to lay the case out all simple-like, since I'm not really getting the same vibe that some of the others are.

I have to wonder, regarding the quote above, wouldn't the Scum mostly be on the wagon of a lynched townie, but wouldn't be voting for fellow scum? Are we taking for granted that we'll lynch a townie today?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”