Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Mini 1326: Mansion Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Mini1326: Mansion Mafia

Everyone had been invited to see the art show in the famous mansion of Versailles. It was an exciting event, one many had been anticipating to attend all year. And finally the time had come. But of course, things were never as wonderful as the guests had hoped for. The mansion was located on a deserted island only accessible by ferry. Upon arrival, they noted how omnious the whole area was. Many were shocked at their surroundings, their extravagent expectations shattered within mere seconds. Murmurs of discomfort quikcly spread. "It'll be okay guys. Come on now, I'm sure it's better once we're inside.." One of them commented nervously, trying to qwell the tension, though the uncertainty within her own voice was quite apparent. The group looked behind them, watching as the ferry quickly disappeared into the horizon. They had no where to go but in.

I LIVEEEEEE!!

ICEninja
replaces drmyshotgun

Gooner
Hiraki
Equinox
replaces Jackal711

Rainbowdash
replaces Senjai

I die...die...die...*dramatic fall*

- Night 0, chauchaudotcom,
Vanilla Townie

- Day 1, Prolapsed Brain,
Vanilla Townie

- Night 1, CryMeARiver,
Vanilla Townie

- Day 2, pieceofpecanpie,
Vanilla Townie

- Night 2, Scott Brosius
replaces Political Clout
Vanilla Townie

- Day 3, FakeGod
replaces johnnywup
Vanilla Townie

- Night 3, sorasgoof,
Town Doctor

- Day 4, DCLXVI,
Vanilla Townie

- Night 4, Majiffy
replaces NihilisticNinja
Vanilla Townie

What's this? What's this! There's something in the air..

- Day 1: Ready...set..GO!
- Day 1: Prolapsed Brain lynched
- Night 1: CryMeARiver night killed
- Day 2: pieceofpecanpie lynched
- Night 2: Scott Brosius night killed
- Day 3: FakeGod lynched
- Night 3: sorasgoof night killed
- Day 4: DCLXVI lynched
Last edited by chauchaudotcom on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 am, edited 49 times in total.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

General

1. This is a game. Play nice and be respectful. Most importanty, have fun!
2. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread. On this site or off, we adopt a strict Vegas policy aka what goes on here, stays here.
3. Do not quote any PMs that I send to you. Doing so will get you mod killed.
4. There is to be no editing of posts.
5. Do not use any language other than English or any type of hidden, invisible or hard to read font.

Voting

1. All votes must be in bold like so:
Vote: You
. Votes that are not bolded will not be counted.
2. Similarly, you may unvote by typing
Unvote: You
. Unvoting before a Vote is not required but those who do so will get cookies.
3. You may choose to Vote: No Lynch if you do not wish to lynch anyone that day.
4. A successful lynch requires a majority of votes (half the number of living players + 1). Once majority is reached, all other vote changes will be disregarded. Players (even the one who was lynched) may talk during Twilight.
5. If you are dead, you are dead. But since I am nice I will let you become a zombie and have one non-game related "Bah!" post.
6. If no majority is reached by deadline, no lynch will occur.

Activity & Deadlines

1. I will stick by a (7 + # of living players) policy for days. Nights will always be 72 hours. All deadlines are in Pacific Time.
2. Deadline extensions will only be given in extreme cases at the mod's disgression.
3. Players who do not post for 72 hours will receive a prod. After two unsuccessful prods I will replace you.
4. If your lack of activity becomes a constant problem throughout the game, I will replace you. You may proceed to complain to me afterwards and in return I will proceed to ignore you.
5. If you know you will be absent for more than two days, please use V/LA to let me know.

Mod Rules

1. Breaking a rule will result in a warning. Break another rule and I will mod kill you in the most painful way possible.
2. In the chance that I make a mistake please let me know asap so I can correct it!
Dark red
is my color. Use it and I cannot garuntee your safety =O.
5. If you need my attention, bold it.
Mod: Hail the almighty Chau

6. Feel free to ask questions for clarification or anything else via Mod: tag or PM. I will do my best to answer promptly and whatnot.
*Remember that as mod I have final say on all matters. That being said..HAVE FUN!
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Sample Role PM:

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special abilities other than the ability to vote during the day.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please pm me your role as confirmation

Game will begin when 10/12 confirm.

Role PMs sent out. You may talk during confirmation phase.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Political Clout »

/egosearch
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

In post 3, Political Clout wrote:/egosearch
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Yum, a juicy game.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 3, Political Clout wrote:/egosearch
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Probably should have included a link to the thread in the role PM

I realized that after :oops:
Last edited by chauchaudotcom on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am

Post by DCLXVI »

Are enough people confirmed so we can start voting?

The captain has turned off the fasten seat belt sign. You may now move about the cabin.
Last edited by chauchaudotcom on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:06 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

10/12 confirmed.

After getting settled in their rooms, the group started to feel a little more at ease. It would be a nice little vacation, they told themselves. That is, until they heard the scream. Running towards the source of the noise, the group came across the bloody body of the woman who had spoken to them earlier, a single knife lodged into the center of her back. Each guest looked around nervously. Rumors of mafia hits had been all over the news lately. These mysterious individuals had managed to infiltrate a variety of groups and always left a trail of blood behind them. The engraved knife being their signature mark.

And now, trapped on a deserted island meant only one thing. The mafia was not only here but was hidden amongst the guests. And so it began.

Day 1 Begins NAO

Voting

NOBAAAADEEEEEE!

Not Voting

CryMeARiver, DCLXVI, drmyshotgun, Gooner, Hiraki, Jackal711, johnnywup, Senjei, sorasgoof, NihilisticNinja, pieceofpecanpie, Political Clout, Prolapsed Brain

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in 20 days. Tuesday, April 30, 2012 at 10:00pm PST.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 am

Post by DCLXVI »

Vote:Jackal711

Seems like a scum name.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Hiraki »

Vote: CryMeARiver

completely serious

srzly
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:21 am

VOTE: Nihilistic ninja
for being a ninja without a purpose.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Vote: Gooner

It's fun to say
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Senjai
Senjai
Goon
Senjai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 am

Post by Senjai »

Hello Everyone. I'd like to see what the mafia would pull during the night. So I think I'll vote for a No Lynch for the first day rather than bandwagoning on a random player. I might choose to change this if some players are lurking or seem to be inactive, as that seems to be either suspicious or that the player is truly inactive and is therefore useless anyway.

Vote: No Lynch
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 14, Senjai wrote:Hello Everyone. I'd like to see what the mafia would pull during the night. So I think I'll vote for a No Lynch for the first day rather than bandwagoning on a random player. I might choose to change this if some players are lurking or seem to be inactive, as that seems to be either suspicious or that the player is truly inactive and is therefore useless anyway.

Vote: No Lynch

Unvote; Vote Senjai
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Gooner »

First of all, can we quit the Random Voting?

It really serves no purpose at all and tells nothing, I repeat nothing, about a person.

First of all, I would like Senjai to explain his position on the Lynch or No Lynch a little bit more. Lynches on Day 1 are the most useful to look back on in later days during the game. Why do you want a No Lynch on Day 1? What information do you think will be gained overnight?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 16, Gooner wrote:First of all, can we quit the Random Voting?

It really serves no purpose at all and tells nothing, I repeat nothing, about a person.

First of all, I would like Senjai to explain his position on the Lynch or No Lynch a little bit more. Lynches on Day 1 are the most useful to look back on in later days during the game. Why do you want a No Lynch on Day 1? What information do you think will be gained overnight?

No. Don't fight how the game is played. There are limited paths of fighting RVS.

RVS -> Bandwagoning -> Discussion -> No more RVS
RVS -> Some crazy fuck up -> Discussion -> No more RVS

It appears Senjai has lead us down Path #2, you should send him a thank you card.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:29 am

Post by Gooner »

Really, I don't see the purpose of saying "I vote someone because Vote:X sounds good."

Random questions seem a lot more useful since they actually make people think about things and talk logically and reasonably, it breeds more useful discussion and it creates more room for slip-ups.
Senjai
Senjai
Goon
Senjai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 am

Post by Senjai »

I think that while a Lynch can give information, if you lynch for the sake of lynching it is nothing more than a shot in the dark. Whether the shot in the dark hits an adequate target really just promotes hindsight in the late game. You can hit a mafia member and use all of his posts to draw some sort of indication of his mafia heritage and apply that to new suspects as they may be colluding feeling like this random hit was actually more indicative than anything other than a random hit. Or you can hit a townie and lose someone for no reason whatsoever.

By sticking myself out like this with a proposed no lynch I've apparently made myself a target. I think the people who are more suspicious are the ones who wait to post and analyze the argument and either bandwagon or post irrelevant material. Given that this game is so fresh we've not had the time to commit people to being lurkers or bandwagoners. I don't think a lynch in day 1 would offer any great value, much akin to throwing a dart at a dartboard blindfolded.

tl;dr - I'd like to wait and see what some of the less active posters do before i start my guessing game, you don't have to follow me, it's just simply my opinion.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Before I even read your post, I'm going to say this:

Day 1 is a lengthy process. We don't lynch right away. We lets reads happen. That is why Day 1 is generally given a more generous deadline by the mod than other days.

Plain and simple, the goal of the game is to kill the mafia, swiftly is preferable. The town's biggest tool, and possibly only tool, to do so is the lynch.

Lynching after getting reads D1 - Chances of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = Probably 20-33% depending on the number of players and quality of players
Lynching instantaneously D1 - Changes of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = 10-20% depending on the number of players
NLing after getting reads D1 - Chances of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = 0% (barring any weird roles, PGO, or multiple mafia teams)
NLing instantaneously D1 - Chances of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = 0% + You're an idiot
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 18, Gooner wrote:Really, I don't see the purpose of saying "I vote someone because Vote:X sounds good."

Random questions seem a lot more useful since they actually make people think about things and talk logically and reasonably, it breeds more useful discussion and it creates more room for slip-ups.

Random questions take time, RVS is a quicker process to get to discussion. Believe me, this has been discussed in too many games. You really think it'd still be the norm on a site that's been around for years if there was a better way?

Senjai wrote:I think that while a Lynch can give information, if you lynch for the sake of lynching it is nothing more than a shot in the dark. Whether the shot in the dark hits an adequate target really just promotes hindsight in the late game. You can hit a mafia member and use all of his posts to draw some sort of indication of his mafia heritage and apply that to new suspects as they may be colluding feeling like this random hit was actually more indicative than anything other than a random hit. Or you can hit a townie and lose someone for no reason whatsoever.

By sticking myself out like this with a proposed no lynch I've apparently made myself a target. I think the people who are more suspicious are the ones who wait to post and analyze the argument and either bandwagon or post irrelevant material. Given that this game is so fresh we've not had the time to commit people to being lurkers or bandwagoners. I don't think a lynch in day 1 would offer any great value, much akin to throwing a dart at a dartboard blindfolded.

tl;dr - I'd like to wait and see what some of the less active posters do before i start my guessing game, you don't have to follow me, it's just simply my opinion.

It's not a shot in the dark because we can get reads. You could make the case you're making any day. Why try on Day 4? It's just a shot in the dark anyway. Newsflash, we're always going to be in the dark. No magic genie is going to just tell us who the mafia is.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:54 am

senjai you'd be wrong their have been a lot of mafia caught during d1 instead of having to NL now we want to NL later in the game with a possible mylo using ML whenever we have them is a good thing it shows the interactions of players and which players voted for who and it also shows which players where on the wagon. SCUMHUNT!!!
nobody wants to attract attention to themselves not town and not mafia. and only mafia would do it if they're aggresive enough so the fact that you do seems odd to me. don't fight the system join it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ninja'd

Unvote

vote : crymeariver

for ninjaing me.

ninja'd again..... wtf
Senjai
Senjai
Goon
Senjai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 am

Post by Senjai »

In post 20, CryMeARiver wrote:Before I even read your post, I'm going to say this:

Day 1 is a lengthy process. We don't lynch right away. We lets reads happen. That is why Day 1 is generally given a more generous deadline by the mod than other days.

Plain and simple, the goal of the game is to kill the mafia, swiftly is preferable. The town's biggest tool, and possibly only tool, to do so is the lynch.

Lynching after getting reads D1 - Chances of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = Probably 20-33% depending on the number of players and quality of players
Lynching instantaneously D1 - Changes of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = 10-20% depending on the number of players
NLing after getting reads D1 - Chances of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = 0% (barring any weird roles, PGO, or multiple mafia teams)
NLing instantaneously D1 - Chances of a mafia being dead by Day 2 = 0% + You're an idiot

I see your point.

Playing the waiting game is a surefire way for the mafia to win. You're correct in stating that its much better to read before making your choice to lynch or NL. The problem with Day 1 is that it's usually difficult to get reads on people, the fact that it's a fresh game can actually promote lurking at least until the next day.

My reasoning for voting No Lynch initially stands, it doesn't however, mean I can't change that decision warranting new information near the days close. Nothing is set in stone until the deadling, but I like that it has created discussion nonetheless. As always with discussion it is much easier to read others.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 am

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 18, Gooner wrote:Random questions seem a lot more useful since they actually make people think about things and talk logically and reasonably, it breeds more useful discussion and it creates more room for slip-ups.

then give us some questions..we can do RVS & RQS

Also, a no-lynch is not a good idea.

Actually I have a random question. Why does 2+2=4? It it possible that a universe could exist where 2+2 does not equal four?
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”