Mini 1655: Delicious Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Scum Win!)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2863, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2861, Psyche wrote:
In post 2859, Psyche wrote:i mean,
boon was clearly town by the end of D1
lots of people who eventually got mislynched were

in fact every single mislynch was just shameful

Yes, and I'm sure if you were in the game, you would of led us to perfect victory and lynched scum every time. I know, I know.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think that in this case your statement is essentially correct. I never would have lynched Wrong Song or tn or boonskies. Just from having those townreads and being adamant about them I'm sure that I'd have landed on scum eventually simply by PoE.

I don't mean to insult you. I made a lot of mistakes in this game, too. But the mislynches through D3 just wouldn't have happened to a more experienced town that also just happened to include riblet and boon and tn. :/
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2875, Psyche wrote:

Yes, and I'm sure if you were in the game, you would of led us to perfect victory and lynched scum every time. I know, I know.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think that in this case your statement is essentially correct. I never would have lynched Wrong Song or tn or boonskies. Just from having those townreads and being adamant about them I'm sure that I'd have landed on scum eventually simply by PoE.

I don't mean to insult you. I made a lot of mistakes in this game, too. But the mislynches through D3 just wouldn't have happened to a more experienced town that also just happened to include riblet and boon and tn. :/

That's fine. You have a right to your opinion.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

You know Psyche, maybe if you would of spent more time scumhunting and less time arguing with me over my mason claim for pages on end, we might of lynched correctly D1.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

I'll give you something to believe
nothing on me says defeat
no I'm not looking back so you better think fast if you think you can cut me deep
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by House »

You can't say that. You're making the assumption that the game would have unfolded the exact same way if somebody else had been NK'ed instead of you, and that assumption alone shows why I do not believe why the game would have turned out any differently if you had been left alive.

You don't consider every angle.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by House »

In post 2877, SilverWolf wrote:You know Psyche, maybe if you would of spent more time scumhunting and less time arguing with me over my mason claim for pages on end, we might of lynched correctly D1.

+1

Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

Doubtful.
no I'm not looking back so you better think fast if you think you can cut me deep
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2881, Wrong Song wrote:Doubtful.

You were lynched because a majority of people in the game found your play scummy. It's as simple as that. It sucks that you had to replace in and get lynched and I sympathize with that but you can't blame us entirely for your mislynch.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2860, House wrote:

How the hell did you peg me so quick, man?

I thought it was obvious because I saw a clear connection between you and Bookitty. The voting pattern is what did it for me.

It's a reason I've been trying to stay hidden in early game. I don't want to get tunnel vision like I usually do. If I come in strong Day 3, it lets me get a mindset of replacing in, which I've been strangely super accurate at reading scum with. I believe I'm rather good at scum hunting, I just don't know how to not look scummy while doing it yet.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1610, Psyche wrote:we should probably lynch one of boonboon, tso, house, or saul
but the political will's not there

i learned a lot from this game, and another that happened right afterwards
even though for me accurate reads don't happen instantaneously,
i'm still good enough at reading people and understanding myself that i don't have to exclusively play backstage helper
as long as i stay vigilant for tells from the people whose wagons i'm pushing, i can allow myself to be more confident when i get a read on someone

townies really do play in a detectably different way from scum
i don't think i believed that for a long time, because of the research i've done
but now i'm sure
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2870, SilverWolf wrote:I was fucking emotionally manipulated, yelled at, called a liar, called a dumbass, told to shut up when no one is talking to me, a townie decided to quickhammer someone before they could claim, a PR self hammered himself, and another townie who lurked out most of the game and gave up when he was up for a lynch. I fully accept that town deserved to lose here but I do not accept that the mislynches were shameful.

It's easy to be manipulated. It's part of the game. Happens to everyone. I don't feel I would have been lynched if Zebulin didn't replace in. I love Zeb, but our playstyle together always makes one of us look super scummy, even if we're both town. I'd like to be scum with Zeb one of these days.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2883, Boonskiies wrote:

I thought it was obvious because I saw a clear connection between you and Bookitty. The voting pattern is what did it for me.

It's a reason I've been trying to stay hidden in early game. I don't want to get tunnel vision like I usually do. If I come in strong Day 3, it lets me get a mindset of replacing in, which I've been strangely super accurate at reading scum with. I believe I'm rather good at scum hunting, I just don't know how to not look scummy while doing it yet.

Your reads were spot on, you did great. I have a problem with trying to lynch lurkers as town. It's something I need to work on since most of the time they are town. :/
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by House »

In post 2883, Boonskiies wrote:

Nice work, man.

Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

In post 2882, SilverWolf wrote:

You were lynched because a majority of people in the game found your play scummy. It's as simple as that. It sucks that you had to replace in and get lynched and I sympathize with that but you can't blame us entirely for your mislynch.

No I was lynched because it was a scum driven wagon. And it was because every single scum was on me. I had different opinions than everyone and no one liked that. I didn't believe SG's claim because it was pretty fucking transparent from Choof's ISO he was lying. I had meta on almost all of the players, but kept most of it under the radar so to speak. The only two/three players I didn't seem to have a good grasp meta wise was Kop, Choof and Eclusive. Although I was actually sheeping your read on her tbh due to your offsite history
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2885, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 2870, SilverWolf wrote:I was fucking emotionally manipulated, yelled at, called a liar, called a dumbass, told to shut up when no one is talking to me, a townie decided to quickhammer someone before they could claim, a PR self hammered himself, and another townie who lurked out most of the game and gave up when he was up for a lynch. I fully accept that town deserved to lose here but I do not accept that the mislynches were shameful.

It's easy to be manipulated. It's part of the game. Happens to everyone. I don't feel I would have been lynched if Zebulin didn't replace in. I love Zeb, but our playstyle together always makes one of us look super scummy, even if we're both town. I'd like to be scum with Zeb one of these days.

I agree, manipulation is part of the game. I have a problem with people taking it too far with the emotional manipulation because that works incredibly well with me but it also causes a lot of resentment from me as well. I really don't like that tactic. I'm accepting of pretty much any other kind of scum ploy but that. It's just a personality thing with me.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2877, SilverWolf wrote:You know Psyche, maybe if you would of spent more time scumhunting and less time arguing with me over my mason claim for pages on end, we might of lynched correctly D1.

Sure. Like I said, I made a lot of mistakes. Getting killed N1 was one of the clearest ones.

But mistakes aren't a zero sum game.
I don't feel like a better player by saying that that the town failed in this game; I'm as good or bad as I am regardless of how Mini 1655 turned out.
And you shouldn't feel like pointing out my flaws as a player somehow makes this town's failure less real.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by House »

In post 2889, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2885, Boonskiies wrote:

I agree, manipulation is part of the game. I have a problem with people taking it too far with the emotional manipulation because that works incredibly well with me but it also causes a lot of resentment from me as well. I really don't like that tactic. I'm accepting of pretty much any other kind of scum ploy but that. It's just a personality thing with me.

/waits

Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

Also SW you're bashing psyche for his arguing over the mason claim. Yet would there honestly been a different lynch D1? Honest question.
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

I guess I didn't have any meta with Ozgin either.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2888, Wrong Song wrote:
In post 2882, SilverWolf wrote:

No I was lynched because it was a scum driven wagon. And it was because every single scum was on me. I had different opinions than everyone and no one liked that. I didn't believe SG's claim because it was pretty fucking transparent from Choof's ISO he was lying. I had meta on almost all of the players, but kept most of it under the radar so to speak. The only two/three players I didn't seem to have a good grasp meta wise was Kop, Choof and Eclusive. Although I was actually sheeping your read on her tbh due to your offsite history

Yeah, and that is something we should of looked at harder after your lynch. Like I said, I did go after T S O some but again, I'm not sure why I kept backing off on the scum in this game after going after them instead going after mislynch bait. Probably a combination of me not wanting to be wrong as town not having all the answers and a skilled scum player talking themselves out of a lynch. Oh and all the other distractions in the game-side dramas.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2892, Wrong Song wrote:Also SW you're bashing psyche for his arguing over the mason claim. Yet would there honestly been a different lynch D1? Honest question.

I'm not trying to bash people. I'm honestly annoyed by my play this game for several reasons which I outlined in the dead PT. I think the lynch would of been you or Ozgin-both mislynches. It is all too common for town to be mislynched D1.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2890, Psyche wrote:

Sure. Like I said, I made a lot of mistakes. Getting killed N1 was one of the clearest ones.

But mistakes aren't a zero sum game.
I don't feel like a better player by saying that that the town failed in this game; I'm as good or bad as I am regardless of how Mini 1655 turned out.
And you shouldn't feel like pointing out my flaws as a player somehow makes this town's failure less real.

It doesn't make this town's failure any less real. We all screwed up including me. We all also did some things right. We should be giving credit to the scumteam as well for winning.

The best thing we can do is just learn from this. Accept that we can't win them all and move on. I just had to get some frustration out of my system. It's nothing personal. I'll get over it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2879, House wrote:

You can't say that. You're making the assumption that the game would have unfolded the exact same way if somebody else had been NK'ed instead of you, and that assumption alone shows why I do not believe why the game would have turned out any differently if you had been left alive.

You don't consider every angle.

I mean, I think it's already sort of obvious that I can't see into the hypothetical future. It should also be clear from how D1 turned out that I didn't really have a strong enough grip on the game's course that I could have pushed a PoE rationale for a lynch anyway on D2.

I think the more realistic thing I'm imagining is a scenario where I was a vig N1 instead of a tracker looking to be replaced. I'm confident that I'd have shot one of you that night less out of any one scumread than out of a lot of other townreads. That's all I really mean when I say that SW's statement was essentially correct.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2884, Psyche wrote:n i get a read on someone
townies really do play in a detectably different way from scum
i don't think i believed that for a long time, because of the research i've done
but now i'm sure

They do in some ways for sure but in other ways it's hard to tell the difference because a townie might be playing scummy or a scum player might be acting really pro-town.

It's a learning game. I've still got a lot to learn as both alignments.
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

Then your comment of 'might have lynched correctly D1' to psyche goes out the window. You still would have lynched wrong. So it's not fair to say the crap to psyche when you just said what you said right here which makes your comment to him false.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”