Mini 1674: A Minimalist Text Adventure (Fire's Out)

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by notscience »

okay, so here's the thing

A lot of my interactions with the scum day 1 make no sense from scum/scum- see: Cho's little "don't do that whole freak out thing if I revote you because that makes my read waver" is an attempt to garner the emotional aspect from me. its almost an attempt at buddying me once the wagon died down.

There's also the whole "why would those two powerbus me when Mala was townreading me, it would be easier to tell sakura she's wrong"

And frankly, if I were scum, I would have killed pie night 1. Her being in this game as an unknown variable is a HUGE threat to scum-me. I would have also have killed off the people who werent apathetic, (the hobbes kill wouldn't have happened.) And I udnerstand because this is me saying this in lylo you have to take it with a grain of salt, but a big big big part of my scumgame is to break up TvTs and jump in the middle of them, not to get involved in a fight with someone like that. Its not how scum-me plays, scum-me way prefers hyperactivity induced apathy.

And I know there's the whole "why was BF trying to step it up and why was he the only one doing so" because as the sole scum left and about to be poe lynched, he HAD to. It was the only way he could ope to survive.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by notscience »

Hell if I was scum, why would I even come in thread and try to convince you I'm town?

I have no incentive to convince you I'm town because if you crossed me I would have bf in my pocket

So why would I even bother
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by BlankFace »

In post 1551, notscience wrote:Hell if I was scum, why would I even come in thread and try to convince you I'm town?

I have no incentive to convince you I'm town because if you crossed me I would have bf in my pocket

This same logic applies to why I would bother to hard defend you the past two days if I was just going to push you today. Especially if I was scum and going to keep Huntress alive. Why bother trying to push home why I thought you were conftown and what I thought was an error in her logic about you not being town?

I'll have more time to post and analyze tomorrow. I don't have it in me tonight.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by notscience »

Because that wasnt lylo?

And because you are hoping I am impulsive and vote you so huntress decides, or she decides to vote me
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by BlankFace »

It doesn't matter if it wasn't lylo. Why prep someone for the mindset that you are town if I was going to push you?

Hoping and praying aren't really good scum tactics.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by notscience »

Is there an actual push going to happen in the near future?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Huntress »

I'm rereading BF again but not found anything new. Even that wagon on him was mainly poe reads, not based on suspicion.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by BlankFace »

In post 1552, BlankFace wrote:
In post 1551, notscience wrote:Hell if I was scum, why would I even come in thread and try to convince you I'm town?

This same logic applies to why I would bother to hard defend you the past two days if I was just going to push you today. Especially if I was scum and going to keep Huntress alive. Why bother trying to push home why I thought you were conftown and what I thought was an error in her logic about you not being town?

I'll have more time to post and analyze tomorrow. I don't have it in me tonight.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 1556, Huntress wrote:I'm rereading BF again but not found anything new. Even that wagon on him was mainly poe reads, not based on suspicion.

And PoE is a valid way to approach the game.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by notscience »

Look at it this way huntress- the nightkills make no sense to have come from me (which I've said)

Day 1 makes no sense for me to have been scum

Now, why would I bring the two of you to lylo with me instead of notmaf/BF or notmaf/you?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by notscience »

Hell, why would scum-me even step it up now?

I would have no reason to after getting away with lurking for days
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by notscience »

I'm telling you how the game makes sense from a scum-blankface perspective

Im asking you to give me a fair chance and see if that makes sense to you
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1559, notscience wrote:Now, why would I bring the two of you to lylo with me instead of notmaf/BF or notmaf/you?

This might possibly be the clincher. And yes, what you've been saying does make a lot of sense. But I'd like to wait and hear from BF before making a final decision.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by BlankFace »

In post 1560, notscience wrote:Hell, why would scum-me even step it up now?

I would have no reason to after getting away with lurking for days

... Because it's LyLo? And as scum you would HAVE to start posting now? What kind of straw man is that?

So instead of giving reasoning as to why I'm scum, you're just going to keep saying "I'm not scum because of this WIFOM!"?

This is the "BF wants to save the SK!" push all over again.

Oh fuck it. I should be going to sleep but this actually pisses me right the fuck off.

In post 1547, notscience wrote:So, here's my thing-

I'm trying to figure out how these nightkills make sense.

BBT, Pie, Hobbes, Asher, and NM.

Pie was obviously a fuckup by scum.

Looking back, Blank was townreadig her whereas huntress had no real comments regarding her.

There's also the whole "if huntress is scum, why did notmafia live this long?" I doubt scum-huntress would have crosskilled when she had a PR confirmed to her.
In post 1389, Not_Mafia wrote:Huntress has had me as town since d2, don't think she is scum, wouldn't mind just getting a flip at this point

Pretty much assures huntress knew by then notmaf was a PR. So why a pie kill? I suppose you can wifom about how she didntfind nm a threat and blahblahblah but it is rather strange to have someone other than a PR die the night after she finds out he is a FN if she is scum. But look when NM died here!

there's also the question of "if blankface is scum why did he bring me to lylo" when I've been tunneling him the past few days. He knows I'm a pretty much assured vote on him. Why not just kill me and let notmafia decide? Like I suppose he could be praying that I impulse vote him and make huntress conftown but at the same time thats a pretty risky play to make. of course, I just skimmed the last part of huntress's ISO and realize I've been brought here for huntress to vote me.

So idk like this is going to be labeled as confbias and tunneling but this gamestate makes a lot more sense from BF scum than it does huntress scum

First of all; I wouldn't have shot BBT day 1. But that's WIFOM. Just like your night kill speculations. We can sit here and say "Nuh-uh! You would've shot X!" all you want, but it doesn't accomplish anything. I'd rather deal with what you've actually said in the game then come up with some bullshit theory that doesn't have weight behind it.

Second of all; I seem to recall you calling out to Pie in thread to chat about the state of the game. And I said I townread her Day 1. At the very beginning of the game. Like the very beginning. Before Bulge replaced in. Before Cho even had her first post in the game. Sure was some significant interaction there!

I agree with you about Huntress. Which is why I asked about it yesterday when I was trying to figure out what was going on between her and Bulge.

And then there's the "I've just skimmed past Huntress's Iso and realize I've been brought here for huntress to vote me" bit. Which makes no sense. Why would I bother to push how I thought NS is conftown if I was just going to bring NS and Huntress here? Why would I try to change Huntress's mind when she said that she wasn't ruling NS out? 0 fucking sense as scum. Especially when I could have just brought NM and Huntress here and said "Well it wasn't Bulge, it must be Huntress! See how I was right about NS?!" Zero. Fucking. Sense. As scum, I had much better plays there.

In post 1548, notscience wrote:Essentially what I am saying is

From a gamestate standpoint, this makes the most sense from bf scum

But I suppose it's going to come down to whether or not huntress realizes I am town

So hi huntress

lets chat

AtE. Plain and simple.

In post 1550, notscience wrote:okay, so here's the thing

A lot of my interactions with the scum day 1 make no sense from scum/scum- see: Cho's little "don't do that whole freak out thing if I revote you because that makes my read waver" is an attempt to garner the emotional aspect from me. its almost an attempt at buddying me once the wagon died down.

There's also the whole "why would those two powerbus me when Mala was townreading me, it would be easier to tell sakura she's wrong"

And frankly, if I were scum, I would have killed pie night 1. Her being in this game as an unknown variable is a HUGE threat to scum-me. I would have also have killed off the people who werent apathetic, (the hobbes kill wouldn't have happened.) And I udnerstand because this is me saying this in lylo you have to take it with a grain of salt, but a big big big part of my scumgame is to break up TvTs and jump in the middle of them, not to get involved in a fight with someone like that. Its not how scum-me plays, scum-me way prefers hyperactivity induced apathy.

And I know there's the whole "why was BF trying to step it up and why was he the only one doing so" because as the sole scum left and about to be poe lynched, he HAD to. It was the only way he could ope to survive.

More WIFOM as a defense. "I would have killed Pie." Why would you? I can see you having a grudge against BBT for suggesting that you be PL and trying to NK him. But again, that's just WIFOM and COMPLETELY USELESS. NK speculation is a waste of time.

As for the "Why was BF trying to step it up..." bit. SHOW ME THE GAME WHERE TOWN IS ABOUT TO BE LYNCHED LIKE THAT AND JUST FUCKING ROLLS OVER AND TAKES IT? That is bullshit and you know it. And after that? When I wasn't in danger of being lynched anymore? Why keep 'steping it up'. Oh. Because if I was scum, I would have to to survive and win? But you get to say THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF AS A DEFENSE RIGHT NOW? "Why would I
bother
to put in any effort right now when I was getting away with lurking for so long?"

You got away with lurking because I got sick of begging you for fucking content. Or when you did answer me? It looked something like this:
In post 1530, notscience wrote:hmmm where did I get that read

idk!

And @huntress I was more talking some of the sarcasm regarding it

You weren't just lurking. You were fucking noncommital to anything besides placing a useless vote on me and distancing yourself from as many of the other players as possible. Yet now you have a fucking voice? Now you have reasons to vote me. WHEN YOU COULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING PUSHING THEM HARDER YESTERDAY. IF YOU WERE SO GODDAM SURE ABOUT IT.

In post 1559, notscience wrote:Look at it this way huntress- the nightkills make no sense to have come from me (which I've said)

Day 1 makes no sense for me to have been scum

Now, why would I bring the two of you to lylo with me instead of notmaf/BF or notmaf/you?

More WIFOM "See how I'm town! I don't need to actually post CONTENT for why BF is scum, just take my word for how town I am and it's obvious."

In post 1561, notscience wrote:I'm telling you how the game makes sense from a scum-blankface perspective

Im asking you to give me a fair chance and see if that makes sense to you

Except the game doesn't fucking make sense from a scum-Blankface perspective. I had a cleared fucking PR in my pocket. And I feel pretty confident that if I could match my fucking town game, WITH WHICH NOTMAF HAS THE MOST EXPERIENCE SEEING AS HE'S BEEN IN A MAJORITY OF THEM, so well that I can convince NotMaf to back off of my wagon and to follow me yesterday, WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD I KILL HIM. It. Makes. No. Fucking. Sense.

YOU KNOW WHAT DOES MAKE SENSE?|

In post 1530, notscience wrote:hmmm where did I get that read

idk!

And @huntress I was more talking some of the sarcasm regarding it

In post 1521, notscience wrote:Bulge

i am not voting huntress

I will vote either of the other two

pick

You knew what your endgame was going to be yesterday. You knew that I was wrong, that neither Bulge or Huntress was scum. You wanted Huntress here.

So like I said earlier: I don't have a good mindset for this right now. I'll be here tomorrow to go through all of your posts. But Huntress, just take a look at NS's posts yesterday and tell me how that comes from a town mindset. How being so fucking vague about everything helps town. How if he was so fucking certain I was scum since day 4 that he wasn't pushing me harder?

P-Edit:
Why is that a clincher? NS didn't know that NotMaf was a PR until today. He even said so himself.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:40 am

Post by BlankFace »

First: apologies if I sound like a dick in that last post. Wasn't my intention.

I'm just now realizing that if Huntress was scum, brining me and NS into LyLo was the smartest play ever.

That's why I wasn't going to make a case until I went back through the game NS. Because I'm not 100% Huntress is town. I need to rerea some very specific parts of the game in regards to you. If Huntress is scum and was told NotMaf was town night 1, why would she keep him around? Because he buys her a town read just by being alive for so long. It brings up the "Why not kill a town PR?" Argument. First, is FN strong enough to be worried about? I don't think it is. Especially when you can keep him around in attempt to clear yourself. I need to go back and see what NotMafs early read on Huntress was.

So why doesn't Huntress kill me/you instead of NotMaf? Look at our interactions the past two days. You did nithing but tunnel me. Chances were good you were going to continue that, along with letting NotMa live so long, pretty much lets Huntress sit back and let us argue it out while she waits. And that's exactly how it's playing out.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 1563, BlankFace wrote:Why is that a clincher? NS didn't know that NotMaf was a PR until today. He even said so himself.

Exactly! That's why the NM kill was more likely to come from you. NS didn't know NM was conftown so given his (NM's) play yesterDay, taking out one of us instead would seem the better option.

I'll address the rest of your posts later, but I've got a deadline looming elsewhere so I have to give priority to that first.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:15 am

Post by BlankFace »

Again have to ask why I would kill NM when he was actively trusting me? He wasn't scum reading me and he's the only one here I have meta with to have any sway in his opinion. If I was scum, I'd have a better chance convincing him this is my town game that he's seen before than convincing one person I've never played before I'm town. It also would have put all of the pressure on a town member who was vocally apathetic about the game. If I could talk NM out of not lynching me two days ago, why wouldn't I think I could do it again as scum?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by notscience »

The tossup is the real threat.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by notscience »

Rather, here there's 2 people who dont know everyone else's alignments

There, huntress would know NM is town and therefore you are scum

So then it comes down to NM
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1563, BlankFace wrote:And then there's the "I've just skimmed past Huntress's Iso and realize I've been brought here for huntress to vote me" bit. Which makes no sense. Why would I bother to push how I thought NS is conftown if I was just going to bring NS and Huntress here? Why would I try to change Huntress's mind when she said that she wasn't ruling NS out?

Maybe because you were planning to nk NS and then changed your mind? The fact that you weren't keeping your options open did have the effect of strengthening my town read on you yesterDay though.

In post 1563, BlankFace wrote:So like I said earlier: I don't have a good mindset for this right now. I'll be here tomorrow to go through all of your posts. But Huntress, just take a look at NS's posts yesterday and tell me how that comes from a town mindset. How being so vague about everything helps town. How if he was so certain I was scum since day 4 that he wasn't pushing me harder?

I don't think it did help. But I'm not sure that he had anything to push you harder
with
. His main reason for scumreading you seems to be your pushing a counterwagon to BBT's on Day 2, and I can't see anything since.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1564, BlankFace wrote:If Huntress is scum and was told NotMaf was town night 1, why would she keep him around? Because he buys her a town read just by being alive for so long. It brings up the "Why not kill a town PR?" Argument. First, is FN strong enough to be worried about? I don't think it is. Especially when you can keep him around in attempt to clear yourself.

Main problem with that is the danger of another PR turning up later in the game, especially if it's one that can confirm themselves and/or others, and so reducing the lynch pool too far. I don't think that I would take the risk if I was in that position.

In post 1566, BlankFace wrote:Again have to ask why I would kill NM when he was actively trusting me? He wasn't scum reading me and he's the only one here I have meta with to have any sway in his opinion. If I was scum, I'd have a better chance convincing him this is my town game that he's seen before than convincing one person I've never played before I'm town. It also would have put all of the pressure on a town member who was vocally apathetic about the game. If I could talk NM out of not lynching me two days ago, why wouldn't I think I could do it again as scum?

But he would know that, wouldn't he. So would be even more wary of you because of it and therefore a possible tthreat. He's already shown that he was willing to reconsider his reads.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:48 am

Post by BlankFace »

Him knowing that doesn't change the fact that at least I'd have a foot in the door with him. No sense in not trying for it if all it comes down to is me and you, Huntress. I'm fairly confident I could fake a reasonable case against you in that position.

So I'm scum because of NK speculation? Is that what this is boiling down to? Because that's fucking weak.

NS can't come up with one reason I'm scum outside of the NK that sticks. You haven't come up with one reason I'm scum outside of the night kill that sticks.

I'm going to go through the thread when I get home today at 2 pm est. .
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:30 am

Post by BlankFace »

That said, the first part of your post makes a lot of sense. If you're scum and you risked that, it could come back to bite you hard. Especially given the lack of town PR flips.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:16 am

Post by BlankFace »

I'm an idiot and I've been looking at the scum interactions the wrong way. Things make a lot more sense now I think, just need to reread to make sure I'm right.

@NS, you wouldn't kill Pie day 1. Not a chance you kill here before Cho investigates her. Especially not when she played along with a his gambit of either bussing you OR trying to get you lynched to clear herself. Scum/Scum interaction between you and Cho day 1 does make sense when you look at the lack of a fight you put up against cho's push on you and the amount of a fight you put up against Sakura when she pushes you. If Cho has just as much meta, you would've argued that a lot sooner as town.

Your argument that I was town reading her day 1 doesn't hold weight either, unless you find where she crumbed she was the traitor to me, scum to traitor interactions day 1 are pointless. Traitor to scum interactions are where the story is day 1. And Day 2 if I'm right. Because when Cho flips as scum oracle, pie has to try much harder to announce to you that she is the traitor without giving t away to the town. And I think she did just that. Will expand on this when I get home.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 1571, BlankFace wrote:So I'm scum because of NK speculation? Is that what this is boiling down to? Because that's fucking weak.

NS can't come up with one reason I'm scum outside of the NK that sticks. You haven't come up with one reason I'm scum outside of the night kill that sticks.

That's my whole problem really. I'm not scumreading you and no one else seemed to have anything on you either apart from NS's accusation of you starting a counterwagon to BBT's wagon (and I've explained why I think he was wrong there). I haven't got much against NS either, only the stuff we've already discussed.

I'm rereading the Day one and two stuff yet again to see if I can get any fresh inspiration.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”