Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Accountant »

Oh, that reminds me! I forgot to add MathBlade to the MVP list for catching House and being a solid all around player. She didn't do anything flashy, but I felt she was the epitome example of the kind of trust building/town working together mechanism that I said impressed me about town
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by House »

In post 2998, Titus wrote:Thanks, but I really did jackshit other than state the obvious and mislynch my sibling. :(
Not at all true.

You would have decimated scum if left alive one more day.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by pitoli »

I'm sorry for lurking/not replacing out sooner. Overall I found myself really frustrated with this game and how ridiculous/derpy everything seemed D1/D2 - I generally felt I was wasting my time even with my best efforts. I should have fought harder against the apathy, but it seemed town had some upgrades for replacements that helped work things out towards the end.

Great job to the scumteam, you weren't even on my radar early game.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I disagree with some things said here, but all in all gg.

Ok chuck why did you invite me i was told to ask.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Chuck »

Aw yeah. After all this time......
I still got it.

Thanks Accountant. Decent job modding. Don't worry about the vote count errors, they happen to every mod.

In post 3003, SpyreX wrote:I disagree with some things said here, but all in all gg.

Ok chuck why did you invite me i was told to ask.
I invited you right after gameplay replaced out. I wanted ScumSpySpy with me and Saru. That'd've been tech, no?

But ffff we got House and had to adapt. He did his job though all things considered.

I felt bad so I left you alive an extra night and also gave you the hammer on Saru as recompense for *giggle* my misdeeds. I hope that was enjoyable for you, to hammer scum and go out with a bang. And then with another bang. ;)

Sorry, though. I was very excited to play scum with you for the first time in forever.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Man i really wanna know who you are. I've got some wrong wrong guesses.

Well it definitely worked. I still cant believe glitch was a one scum lynch.

And man i was all prepped to shoot house but that end of day and i had a way better mod pm for expedience.

It makes me sad to think how drastically different that one action was :/
Show

Proud member of BaM
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by House »

Hey Chuck, yeah you kinda pissed me off a bit, but on the same note I'm no saint because I quoted something inappropriately.

Bygones?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Accountant »

Thanks Accountant. Decent job modding. Don't worry about the vote count errors, they happen to every mod.
Tell that to the auditor. ./////.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by rb »

Tbh I don't even think the scum were good, town was just shit.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by House »

In post 3008, rb wrote:Tbh I don't even think the scum were good, town was just shit.
No need for air grapes, Chuck played well.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by House »

In post 3009, House wrote:
In post 3008, rb wrote:Tbh I don't even think the scum were good, town was just shit.
No need for sour grapes, Chuck played well.
Lulz EBWOP

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by rb »

Oh and to be clear, the reason I kept saying I would die early is specifically because I always die early and I wanted to not die early. This is the first town game out of the 7 I've played that I've lived past Night 2. It was a purely selfish thing intended to make me not have to keep having waits between games just because I die all the time :/

p-edit: I think it's pretty irrelevant how any scum played, town threw the game.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by rb »

I mean if you armwrestled a five year old and won you wouldn't say that you're strong because you beat the five year old.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2973, rb wrote:You're right actually, I was under the impression you were actually a decent player as town.

Besides, I accurately opposed Ryan/Dier/Golden lynches and wanted to lynch Saru/House, while you pretty much refused to lynch either of those slots and you kept trying to lynch townslots - including me. I made a mistake on your slot and you played absolutely terrible. I'd been under the impression from others you were somewhat good.

What was mega-obvious about it? That the player who put some effort into the game and tried to win was scum over the player who basically did nothing but throw one-liners around?
I don't agree that having bad reads makes someone a bad town player

I'm terrible at reads, and I win town games by building trust between town, forming town blocs, knowing who definitely isn't scum and I can trust them and PoE and generally working together to keep the game going.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

let the love spread

trust wins games
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Chuck »

In post 3005, SpyreX wrote:Man i really wanna know who you are. I've got some wrong wrong guesses.
Chortle city! Indulge me.
In post 3005, SpyreX wrote:Well it definitely worked. I still cant believe glitch was a one scum lynch.
Heh, well, I was on it in spirit~ :good:
In post 3006, House wrote:Hey Chuck, yeah you kinda pissed me off a bit, but on the same note I'm no saint because I quoted something inappropriately.

Bygones?
Obviously. :D Well done for your part. Not a huge fan of your play style, but ehhhh adapt and overcome right? Anyway I was a little emotionally compromised at that particular moment, what with the death in the family and all. My apologies for anything I said out of line.

Kind of sad to see you and Saru fighting in the dead thread though. All's fair in love and mafia, c'mon!
In post 3007, Accountant wrote:
Tell that to the auditor. ./////.
Kid, chill; you were mostly aces except for the whole living in Singapore kerfluffle which probably ain't your choice nohow.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by rb »

In post 3013, Accountant wrote:
In post 2973, rb wrote:You're right actually, I was under the impression you were actually a decent player as town.

Besides, I accurately opposed Ryan/Dier/Golden lynches and wanted to lynch Saru/House, while you pretty much refused to lynch either of those slots and you kept trying to lynch townslots - including me. I made a mistake on your slot and you played absolutely terrible. I'd been under the impression from others you were somewhat good.

What was mega-obvious about it? That the player who put some effort into the game and tried to win was scum over the player who basically did nothing but throw one-liners around?
I don't agree that having bad reads makes someone a bad town player

I'm terrible at reads, and I win town games by building trust between town, forming town blocs, knowing who definitely isn't scum and I can trust them and PoE and generally working together to keep the game going.
Except there were slots in this game with terrible reads and not doing the other stuff you're talking about either. I actually agree that you (generally) have bad reads Accountant...but I agree you're not at all a bad player because of those other reasons. I think it's really more that I should just do what SpyreX suggested and feel the murderlust :lol:

I was just really tired of being dead right about scumteams and dying early then watching the town not lynch the obvious scumslots, so I acted scummy to present myself as a viable mislynch (knowing that I wouldn't really get mislynched) and prevent scum from NK'ing me. It made the game frustrating because people couldn't understand that it was very deliberate even after I explained it and even after gameplay's slot flipped scum - which should have been very obvious that I was town (like seriously) afterwards.

So it's as much my own fault for putting myself in the situation of being the accurate scumreads but not being able to convince people, so I probably won't play like that next time. I'll instead just put my vote where I'm 99% sure will hit scum and let the rest of the town do the rest. But that can be insanely frustrating too, as you saw with Vecna in Rocks - he picked the scum, got lynched and then still no one paid attention to why he was hated in the town. Seeing that from a scum perspective made me not want to be that guy, I could basically just feel Vecna seething from that. But hey, I think it's better to just be dead and less invested in the outcome than to have to fight through to LyLo as a slot under pressure. So tiresome.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think you were fine rb. I'd have made the same mistake in lylo.

Maybe a little self reflection and a little more gentle persuasion. You play with your heart on your sleeve in an odd way that can let emotions turn into friction.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

LyLo is the ultimate test of who you can trust and who you can not trust

if rb and bbt had managed to forge an understanding and trust between them, the only person left is chuck, who both of them suspect.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by House »

In post 3018, Accountant wrote:LyLo is the ultimate test of who you can trust and who you can not trust

if rb and bbt had managed to forge an understanding and trust between them, the only person left is chuck, who both of them suspect.
goodposting

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by House »

rb and BBT had me concerned for a while because they were getting civil.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by camn »

In post 3011, rb wrote:p-edit: I think it's pretty irrelevant how any scum played, town threw the game.
I quit playing for a few years cuz I fucked up LYLO.
It's hard to have the fate of the town in your hands, and then get fooled by OBVIOUS DISTANCING.
I had to really look at myself, and acknowledge that I am just plain terrible at this game.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I haven't won since I've been back. I feel nothing but heartache i thought this was the one to set me free
Show

Proud member of BaM
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by camn »

WAT? really?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I know right it just seems wrong
Show