Not sure how many of them i want to litigate here but

Yeah

~
Ffery i'm sorey to hear that and i hope you and your family are doing ok
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #514 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

^
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #518 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm p darn confident this wasnt winnable, and i'm nearly as confident that it would have ended day3
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #521 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 519, unwnd wrote:I've been informed of further context but

There's always a chance to do something, even if it might not mean a win
I dont think anybody else was going to be flipped day2, and after us there was p much no way gamma wasnt going to go next

I dont think there was realistically any other outcome here at that point. It may be unsporting of me but i kinda dont see the point in going through the motions towards a fairly inevitable conclusion that i know nobody on the team actually wanted to go through or would enjoy in any fashion

It was lost, and we all knew it - i was p sufe this was a loss before i made a single post anywhere. But within like three hours into day2 it was p much cemented, and realistically there wasnt much i, or anybody else, could do about it outside of, like, inducing amnesia upon everyone in the game

(As an aside i dont think repping out and making someone else deal with my mess is such a good solution either, which i beliebe is what people suggested scum do in your game up)

Technically it was at that point gamma's decision and not mine, but i was on board with it yesterday before wr got flipped too

If there was a semi-reasonable chance of even making it through thr day, or even of gamma surviving longer, i would have felt differently. But that wasnt the case, so i didnt
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #523 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm not nearly masochistic enuf to force myself to play through what i am >99% sure is a loss

I wouldnt do it otherwise, i'm not really the sort to just give up cuz its hard or cuz i dont like the alignment, and i dont advocate conceding in general. I never have before, and i hopefully never will again

But if it isnf winnable, you're abt to go down like bowling pins, there isnt really anything you can do to change that, and nobody is enjoying it, what's the point exactly?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #530 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 524, unwnd wrote:I have a more holistic viewpoint, where I figure a town merely shrugs and a mod gets a bunch of ideas thrown into the trash early. It's just not something I figure anyone wants, you yourself as well.
I'm not really sure what you're saying abt town's pov, it was a de facto win already, formalizing it didnt really change anything
I do feel bad on the mod's behalf but i'm not sure, for me at least, its a reason not to

This may be unsporting and an unpopular pov but yeah idk this is how i feel

But this only applies to unwinnable situations, i dont think this should happen in general
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #537 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 534, Lukewarm wrote:I think that the concede, when it happened, made sense to me -- and I don't hold it against any of the scum team.

It did feel a little like they came into Day 2 already practically giving up. That is my only real complaint, because I do think that they had a chance, even after Marci had got elimed day 1
Fwiw technically for me it wasnt coming into day2, at that point i was definitely in 'meh this probably isnt a win but let's see how far we can go' mode
it was a bit later than that
In post 536, northsidegal wrote:
In post 526, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think the only way scum could've won this game after marci slipped in 179 was to immediately bus-vote her.
just out of curiosity, could you elaborate on what you mean when you say marci "slipped"? do you just mean that she made a scummy post, or was there some information revealed there that she shouldn't have known? i didn't pick up on anything like that so it sort of surprised me to see the wagon go through so quickly.
Ad fwiw same, after the fact it wasnt so obvious what made her obvscum in real time
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”