Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

VOTE: StrangeMatter
Post #9 was probably a joke to get the ball rolling, but it was enough for me to stop and hmm at.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

But he's Not_Mafia.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Obviously cutting day 1 short is stupid, but is there any benefit to keeping the claimed cult leader around? They've got a motive to hunt scum, but arguably so do any other factions in the game, and if they make it to night 1 we risk having a townie converted.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Loftwing goes on the "If We Reach The Deadline And Don't Have A Better Option By Then" wagon list then.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Why would you fake claim scum that's like the most anti-town thing you could possibly do
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 42, Bingle wrote:
In post 40, Quiet Owl wrote:
Why would you fake claim scum that's like the most anti-town thing you could possibly do
Why would you claim scum as scum?

There are two potential answers to why Loftwing is Loftwinging:

Loftwing is lolcatting or Loftwing is Jester. The first is NAI. The second is potentially game ending for scum. If somehow Loftwing IS cult, that's actually the biggest threat to all of the individual scumteams.

tl;dr Scum should definitely shoot the person who can maybe end the game, and not just to set up a vig claim down the line. Similarly, Loftwing is a pretty good vig target. Loftwing should not be the elimination today at all.

VOTE: Quiet Owl
I've known scum to claim scum and gamble on people assuming that they're a jester, although on a different site with a very different community. I usually take scum claims at face value and watch their reaction- not sure what to think of Loftwing immediately folding under pressure and claiming to be town pulling a gambit as I've never seen that before. Agree with you that they're not an ideal elimination for today.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 72, Mama Ru wrote:
So... are we going to claim our dice rolls?
Very bad idea. If you're a PR, you'll be nightkilled. If you're not a PR, it's easier for scum to find PRs. Lying about roles seems pointless unless you're trying to attract nightkills?
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 86, cyrus62 wrote:I would be the best day vig . Mahahaha lol
If you were a rampaging day vig, who would you target?
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 129, Bingle wrote:
In post 116, Save The Dragons wrote:can you elaborate your vote on owl
Yes. Their reaction to Loft left much to be desired.

34 was kinda like asking permission to scumread someone which came across as self conscious, 37 didn't really feel like they were putting any thought into why I said we shouldn't turbo lim the cultist claim and kinda just felt like they were taking it for granted that I had town's best interests at heart without asking for elaborations or explanations, there was no response to 38, and 40 seems to treat Loftwing as town.

Not a solid case, but more than a liquid case and definitely the best vote in the thread atm from where I stand.
34: Skimreading the first 3d20 showed that someone also claimed cult on D1 there. No-one immediately reacted to that and I wanted to know why.
37: You didn't say why we shouldn't though. You just said you "didn't want it to kill it with fire atm" so I thought "oh whatever no-one else thinks this is suspicious it's too early to tunnel people."
I didn't think 38 needed a response. 40 is trying to understand why a supposed townie would fake claim scum. It did generate content to analyse, which is a pro-town thing, but they're risking killing a townie (themselves), which is anti-town.
Perhaps I need to be more persistent about things. I don't like how determined you are to push for my elimination on flaky evidence, but that feels like OMGUS right now.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

37, specifically "taking it for granted that I had town's best interests at heart": You've got a point there, that was very shortsighted of me, but pointing that out would seem to indicate that you are town after all.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 174, Bingle wrote: Eh. Cult is the single person who is the greatest threat to the traditional scumteams,
In post 174, Bingle wrote: If someone is obviously cult, we don't really need to deal with them on D1 as town because they are a bigger threat to groupscum than the townies are.
I have done some thinking and concluded that these are blatant lies.
The cult's strength is their alignment changing ability. This does NOT affect scum, who know who their teammates are and CANNOT be converted unless their teammates are dead.
The cult is a major threat to the town, who don't know who their teammates are. Townreads have to be re-evaluated after every night because the cult will convert obvious townies. Information from before that night is no longer valid for townreading people.

The only person who benefits from keeping the cult around is scum, because the town has to deal with an enemy who makes it impossible to eliminate people from the scumpool. VOTE: Bingle
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 273, Bingle wrote:
In post 271, Quiet Owl wrote:
In post 174, Bingle wrote: Eh. Cult is the single person who is the greatest threat to the traditional scumteams,
In post 174, Bingle wrote: If someone is obviously cult, we don't really need to deal with them on D1 as town because they are a bigger threat to groupscum than the townies are.
I have done some thinking and concluded that these are blatant lies.
The cult's strength is that they have a faster “turns til endgame” clock than any other faction.
FTFY. You know who really dislikes getting endgamed? Mafia. It’s kind of why when balancing multi ball the scum teams are treated as though they oppose each other. Cult leader has all of the potential power of a town player and the additional ability to win the game over scum’s head.

From a scum perspective, the biggest threats are, in order: Cult, other groups of scum, solo scum, town, neutral third parties. Neutral third parties, of course, balancing as a guaranteed miselimination.
Bud. If your only defence is to re-write what I said and then respond to that imaginary post, then you're doomed. Flattered that you'd write fanfiction about me though.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:01 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 315, cyrus62 wrote:My vote is not moving from west. At the start of every day in my 1st post I will vote west. Till I'm proven other wise or one of us is dead.
Why do you think West is scum? I had them marked as more likely to be town.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 357, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 346, Quiet Owl wrote:
In post 315, cyrus62 wrote:My vote is not moving from west. At the start of every day in my 1st post I will vote west. Till I'm proven other wise or one of us is dead.
Why do you think West is scum? I had them marked as more likely to be town.
His super weak case. West should know better. My slips like last time come from me misreading my role pm. Last time I cunfused dbl parity cop for muti tasked . Saying I think it was better to hide. Is me not knowing from lack of exp as pr is just being honest. I wasn't going do my crumb thing this game.
Fair enough. Though it is still pretty early on in the game and pressuring people over minor things is pretty much the only way to get information right now.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:49 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

More likely to be town:

Dragon of the West - Same as above.
cyrus62 - Not sure what I think of the alignment roll claim strategy but he's definitely trying.
Enchant - Feels town. If they're scum they've shot themselves in the foot at least twice by now.
StrangeMatter - Makes my chicken nugget brain hurt but at least they're poking people.
ssbm_Kyouko - Proactive, asking questions. However they claimed that RegRider townslipped and then immediately revoted him when questioned about this.

More likely to be scum:

Bingle - I am biased here and that is the only reason that I am not pushing this wagon. I still really don't like how they keep arguing to leave the cult alive. Why does it matter so much that the cult is left alive? Are you the cult? The cult endgames groupscum faster than groupscum can endgame cult, despite the cult having a conversion rate of 1 per night and we may very well end up with 5+ kills tonight?
Loftwing - Folded too fast on that gambit. Lots of jokes and mech speculation and doesn't go after players.

Too quiet:

Mama Ru - Improving on this front, but started the game with asking for roll claims.
RegRider - Too passive.
Save The Dragons - Has posted almost nothing.
Dwlee99 - They have school but still have a fluffy iso. Proactive in that they were first to vote for RegRider though.
Dunnstral - Posted even less than Save The Dragons.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 433, Bingle wrote:
In post 427, Quiet Owl wrote:Why does it matter so much that the cult is left alive?
I haven’t been arguing this for a while, and in fact no longer feel this way. I was arguing for specifically not eliminating Loftwing for the lolcult claim because I thought loftwing had decent jester equity and jester was game ending.

I don’t have a problem eliminating cult now, but telling the difference between individual types of scum is a fools errand so I’m just looking for scum to eliminate in general. The reason I keep correcting you on scum being a larger threat to scum than town is twofold: A. It’s true, and I always argue true (or true from my POV) game theory regardless in games because I want people to improve and B. Because scum hitting each other makes the game easier for town.

Scum are a larger threat to scum than town because they are also people who don’t share a wincon, but they necessarily have more tools in their toolbox than town does.
This makes sense. I understand that factions with a nightkill would be at each others throats, but I suspect that scum would see a cult as a second town.

VOTE: Loftwing
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 457, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Loftwing
Any particular reason why?
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Loft's weird aggressive deflection behaviour looks like the chainsaw defence. But assuming that Loft is town, Kyouko's earlier weird vote/unvote towntell posts combine with her behaviour now to look like she's scum trying to distance herself from a miselim.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Perhaps worth noting that RegRider hasn't posted since the 19th and is well over due for a prod and possibly replacement.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Breaking news: The wagons are being derailed by scum!
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Someone help me murder Loftwing he's brought metareading into the game.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

What's with the colour specific theorising? Why would it matter which scumteam Loft is on.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 641, Loftwing wrote:It doesn't matter what color scumteam I'm on if I'm not scum.
Town does not fabricate wagons with "meta reading" as the basis.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 639, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 638, Quiet Owl wrote:What's with the colour specific theorising? Why would it matter which scumteam Loft is on.
Red scum or other scum have a higher rate at finding each other due to not haveing town blinders on. You see. I am color blind this game so I have a 20% chance at hitting scum of any color. But red knows they are red and is looking for other colors. But scum have 25% chance at hitting a diffent color scum due to wanting to appear more town. will put in more effort in to finding scum of a diffent color and I don't think you would bus your partner.
Your reasoning is that if Loft is town, my incompetence proves me as town, but if Loft is scum, I am suspicious, as scum have an innate advantage when it comes to scumhunting because they are an informed minority. This doesn't take into account the fact that there may be masons in this game.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

^^^ Very much agree why are people going for the person due to be replaced in a couple hours and not the person who is actively being extremely scummy.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Loft doesn't need re-examining though. He's pretty much confirmed scum. The RegRider slot made a bunch of nonsensical comments and then disappeared- if a slot is to be re-examined then that one should be top priority.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Who wants to bet that Loftwing is Reg's partner? Me. I do. VOTE: Loftwing
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

He attempted to wagon Dwlee for flimsy reasons and then hopped onto the Reg wagon when people became suspicious. It looks like bussing to me.
Unless it was an weird attempt to make Dwlee look townier?
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Bingle and Enchant both look town to me, and it should be known that
there is a bus driver.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

You have a point. I think that pgo actions would not be deflected to the other target, but I will ask the mod.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Loft why do you keep trying to play devil's advocate.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 784, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 695, Quiet Owl wrote:Who wants to bet that Loftwing is Reg's partner? Me. I do. VOTE: Loftwing
Can you please explain why you think that Loftwing is Reg's partner, because I don't quite get that.
Dwlee was the first person to suggest that Reg was suspicious and Loft's response to this was to try and manufacture a baseless wagon on Dwlee because "they're never this inactive as town". When that failed, he jumped on the Reg wagon. It is a fairly blatant example of the chainsaw defence combined with bussing.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

I didn't say there could be a bus driver. I said I know for a fact that there is a bus driver here. I do not care to out them at the moment.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 797, cyrus62 wrote:@dw can I get a list of who you think is the scummy? @owl can I get one from you too . Save the dragons could I get a list from you as well.
Town

Bingle - Charging in with a "I HAVE A GUILTY RESULT" doesn't seem like scum. I think faking results is a thing you do once and then never again when it inevitably blows up in your face.
West - Remains very towny but they haven't posted in 5 days.

Scum

Loft - He is scum and I intend to have him eliminated today due to the Dwlee wagon tomfoolery and how he folded on his gambit immediately when questioned.
Mama Ru - Too much performance not enough substance, claiming a PR unprompted is not a reason to trust her.
Enchant - Bingle's #763 post is fairly damning.

Unsure

Dwlee - Probably town, but I want to know Loft's flip before I make a decision here.
StrangeMatter - Tentatively town. Unlikely to be partnered with Loft because they pointed out Loft's weird wagon behaviour yesterday.
Save The Dragons - Tentatively town due to the evangelistic claim.
Cyrus - I was going to put him in the town section but then I remembered that the last person I met who tried using claiming strategies was mafia. Undecided here.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

I never said you were partnered with Reg, why did you jump to that conclusion?
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Literally just said I thought you were town. Now I'm having doubts.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

I think you are town. I think Loft is mafia. I do not want to rule out the possibility of werewolves or aliens yet, and if it turns out they exist I have to re-evaluate a lot of things.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 820, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 819, Dwlee99 wrote:If I was scum I'd either be partnered with reg or not partnered with reg. So you either think there are 4 scum factions in this game, or I'm partnered with reg, or I'm town. I think the first idea isn't super likely, and the second is completely ridiculous.
There was two kills . The claims we have at this time is sk pgo . And blood hound . And the blood hound is saying they checked a pgo and got not town . Wait a min. Doesn't the wiki say fbi finds sk.
Bloodhound is not alignment specific according to the wiki. Seer is probably the werewolf specific role here.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Bus driver swaps player A with player B. If someone targets player B, they will target player A instead. Player A and player B's night actions are unaffected by the bus drive.

We know that Bingle visited Enchant. The two dead we have can be attributed to the two known scum factions. If anyone else visited Enchant and lived, they should have spoken up when Enchant claimed PGO. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that Bingle was driven with Loft. In which case the bloodhound's already being protected.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 890, Quiet Owl wrote:Player A and player B's night actions are unaffected by the bus drive.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Going to copy and paste from the wiki.
"any night action performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver."
"For example, suppose a Bus Driver switches John and Jack. That same night, a roleblocker tries to block John and a Goon tries to kill Jack. In the end, Jack will be roleblocked and John will be killed."

We assume that Loft and Bingle were switched. Loft targeted Mama Ru. Bingle targeted Enchant. The bus drive cannot alter Loft and Bingle's targets.
Save The Dragons targeted Loft. However, because Bingle and Loft were switched, Save The Dragons tracked Bingle to Enchant. Anyone who targeted Bingle would have gotten the result for Loft.

A bus drive would not cause Loft to target Enchant, or Bingle to target Mama Ru. Continuing to perpetuate this falsehood is anti-town.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:43 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Okay fine Enchant's probably a better elimination than Loftwing today. VOTE: Enchant

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”