Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Juls »

Vote Pentadragon
because your avatar is messing with my eyes.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Juls »

Unvote, Vote Populartajo

I am a miller...and while there could obviously be more than one miller and your flavor seems to indicate death miller, our flavors are not similar in the least. In fact, mine doesn't really have any flavor at all, it is more or less a definition of what a miller is.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Juls »

The flavor still bothers me. My flavor was much closer to the sample town role. In fact the town sample had more flavor than mine. But his flavor seems to be over compensating.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Juls »

Pentadragon wrote:I repost this.
Pentadragon wrote:
Crazy wrote:It's bastardly, but it's on the nice end for bastardly.

Is it possible that pop might not be a Death Miller and still be telling the truth? Maybe we just have a Bastard Mod on our hands. This is
Insane
Asylum Mafia after all. Maybe pop only thinks he is a Death Miller.

Does anyone remember rule three?
forbiddanlight wrote: 3) Rule 3 is merely a visual hallucination.
She said she took the rules from Tarhalindur with some modifications. According to the following, rule 3 was: "Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill."

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

So my guess is she just eliminated it because she didn't want that rule and wanted to maintain the numbering.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Juls »

<====female
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Juls »

Yes...she is 2 years old, loud, messy, and hatched out of me after 24 hours of labor a couple years ago.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Juls »

<====female /cry
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by Juls »

Are you claiming to be miller as well? I will PM her if you like but it is pretty much just a definition of a miller.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Juls »

I am sufficiently convinced that Mana_ku is a miller. That would be an accurate paraphrase of what I got. I don't consider it to have much flavor. I didn't say I didn't have any flavor I said it was on par if not a little less than the sample townie role. It's very little flavor. Nothing to the extent of populartajo's though.

I got this explanation approved with FL: "I am a miller. Everyone is suspcious of me and I act suspciously at night. Cops will always see me as Mafia" I felt saying something about the doing stuff at night was too close to the actual to be "paraphrasing".
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Juls »

Corvuus wrote:A personality change every day!
Hahahaha, a play with no way!

Does this mean you will be doing something different every (game)day?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Juls »

Unvote
Being that I am certain there are now two millers I have no reason to assume tajo is lying about being a death miller. I think the claim, counter-claim, and counter-counter-claim are enough to see that there are many millers in this game.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Juls »

farside22 wrote:Juls: Why did you orginally say there was no flavor text?
Perhaps I am misinterpretting what "flavor" is. To me flavor would be something, in this case, relating to an Insane Asylum. My role PM was almost exactly what Manaku included and I don't consider that to have anything to do with an Insane Asylum. I felt it was worded in a way that I would get it for a nonthemed game.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Juls »

Mirth wrote:
populartajo wrote:Mirth, are you saying that Juls had to claim in his first post?
no. i am asking why
she
did not claim in
her
first post.
I really hate to use my newbishness as a defense but I have no choice. I have played this game less than a month. I had no clue of the best strategy to play miller. I have never been in a game where it has been played. So my strategy was going to be to seem as unsuspicious as possible at first with the hope that a cop wouldn't investigate me and only reveal if I was outted. When tajo claimed I was convinced that it is probably a good play to claim. I also at the time felt he was lying and wanted to protect the town.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Juls »

Mirth wrote:why did you think it was a good play to claim after he did
Because I read the thread in the link he posted and realized that it was probably the best play. It would probably have been the best independent play (without him claiming) too but I would not have thought to do it on my own. Plus I felt he was lieing and I wanted the town to know it. If I had voted for him without claiming it would have made me look scummy because several people were saying they were leaning toward believing him.
Mirth wrote:im not going to excuse your use of the newb card.
I am not asking you to excuse me. But you asked a direct question and to answer any other way would be a lie.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Juls »

Corvuus, I am claiming normal miller. You are very good at the "poetry". If I had got that role I would have been terrible but it would be fun.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Juls »

Well Mirth, this sounds like an attempt to pigeon hole me as a bad player before I even have a chance to play. I told you what my strategy was going to be. And then in your very next post you reitterated that there were two strategies: don't draw suspicion or claim right away. I believe the strategy I decribed was not to draw suspicion. It's not like I got the role and went at it blindly. I read the wiki to see if it gave any details on the role and I looked at the little flash tutorial that is referenced in the wiki as well. Neither gave any strategies as how to play it exactly.

I also explained what I meant by my role PM having little to no flavor in my response to farside. To restate it: my role PM could have been for any other game on this site, it did not seem specific to an Insane Asylum. Mana ku's paraphrase of her role is almost identical to what I got and quite frankly I am surprised forbiddanlight let her post it as a "paraphrase" because it was so close. Manaku should know by now that I am telling the truth.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Juls »

Mirth wrote:juls, as i said, it is not about the strategy you use, it is about the reasoning behind it
To which reasoning do you refer?

The reason I say Mana_ku should know I am telling the truth is because I know the language of the role and her paraphrase is almost identical. How would I know that if I didn't have the language myself? And I also know now based on Mana_ku's paraphrase that she is indeed a miller.

I seriously don't get this "worry" you have. Oh God! The stupid player is going to annoy me. Is that your worry? I don't want to get in a fight here but you are coming off as if it's not that you don't believe me but that you don't want to play with someone that isn't at your superior level of play.

For a minute pretend that you were a miller and you had planned to adopt a strategy of not seeming suspicious. What would you have done after tajo claimed?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Juls »

Mirth I am sorry if I am putting insults where there are none. It has been my experience at this site that several people get an "elite" type attitude and make themselves feel better or look better by trashing someone who is new or someone who is trying to play to the best of their ability. People need to realize that with practice, people get better. With insults, people just want to not play. So I probably targetted some of that frustration toward you and for that I apologize.

I am still not sure what you don't like about my reasoning for my initial plan to be unsuspicious. It seemed like the smartest thing to do until I knew the players and could make an educated guess on how they would react to me if I claimed miller. I will give you an example. I have read several games on this site. Some people get all bent out of shape if you DON'T vote when you are suspicious during early parts of day one. Some people get all bent out of shape if you DO vote when you are suspicious of someone on day one. Some people could care less either way and let people play the way they feel most comfortable. I believe you have to play the players as well as the game.

@Corvuus - Yes, my role could have been for a library, a house, a football game, whereever. It wasn't specific to an asylum.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Juls »

Mirth wrote:juls; again, you misunderstand me. the reason i kept bringing up your reasoning is because i wanted it clarified. which you did. i find you suspicious not because of your reasoning, [and i dont see why you and tajo can't understand why i wanted to know it], which you did clarify when i asked, but because of your interaction with mana. also you didnt answer my question about defensiveness.

as for mass flavour claim, well, considering im pretty much universally against mass claim unless there are special circumstances present, i think my vote here should be obvious.
I don't have a problem with you asking for my reasoning. I was having trouble understanding what "worried" you about it. I think you have cleared that up here.

As far as being defensive. I thought I explained what is making me "defensive". I am not defensive about my claim. I stand by that. I was defensive toward what I saw as pot shots at my playstyle but I think we have worked past that and I was probably being oversensitive. Is there something else that you are finding defensive? I am sorry if this is not what you are talking about. I think you and I are having trouble communicating for some reason.

I don't think we should mass claim flavor either. There are mafia out there that could just cause confusion.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Juls »

OK. Unless asked a specific question I will not mention the miller situation for the time being.

On another topic...

Corvuus seems to be the only one with a post restriction. This strikes me as odd, not necessarily suspicious, but odd.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Juls »

Vote Pentadragon
After rereading I feel this is the best place to put my vote. He seems to only be providing commentary. I believe this what you guys call "active lurking"?

A few examples:
Pentadragon wrote:
Juls wrote:<====female
Do you have any proof to support this claim?
Pentadragon wrote:Well this certainly is interesting. Quite curious on how pop will respond.
Pentadragon wrote:I have no idea what to do. I am so confused by this Miller situation.
Pentadragon wrote:I agree complete with both Llama and StrangerCoug.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Juls »

Mirth wrote:juls; do you really think thats enough to qualify as lurking right now. as we're on page 6. do you think that lurking in general is a valid scum tell. why or why not.
I think that he is the best place to put my vote at the moment. It's not a lot to go on but it's more than I have seen from anyone else. I think lurking can be a scumtell especially early in a game. It could come from two reasons 1) not being able to formulate a "fake" argument against someone or 2) trying not to be seen.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Juls »

Mirth wrote:why early on in the game particularly. does the fact that he already has two votes aside from yours have anything to do with it
I think early in the game it's easier for mafia to lay low and let overzealous town step on their own toes. As the numbers dwindle it becomes harder to lurk. The fact that he has two votes on him did not factor into my decision. I filtered to see each person's posts alone and based on that I felt he was the best person to put a vote on.
Llamafluff wrote:@Juls - Why not someone like stef or MK if you are looking for a lurker lynch? Why even a lurker lynch since it only "could" be a scum tell?
Stef posted a V/LA post earlier in the thread and I am 99% sure that MK is town based on the "M" word we aren't talking about anymore. And second, I don't think one vote makes for a lynch? Votes aren't always used for lynching but also to pressure someone to take a stance or to post more.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Juls »

Like I said, there isn't much to go on yet so yes it was more of a pressure vote than a lynch vote.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Juls »

OK. I will ask for a replacement. I am not going to let my inexperience detract from the game. I feel like I am being intimidated because you know I haven't played much. I knew yours and Mirth's questions were traps yet I answered them anyway. I knew no matter what I said you would stroke your ego by making me look stupid.

I am pretty much done with this game, I don't need to be made to feel stupid everytime I turn around.

Mod: Please find a replacement for me.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2135 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Juls »

So congrats town. I was in this game like years ago. I have waited THIS long...watching this game wall post after wall post to apologize to Mirth. I'm sorry I had a little hissy fit. It was not completely brought on by you but a multitude of games and real life stress. I over committed myself and you were just the small spark that lit the match. I hope there is no hard feelings.

That being said...I am kinda glad that I left because I don't think I would have had the patience for this endgame. Congrats to KK and Corv for enduring it. :)
Juls

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”