Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:37 am

Post by Quailman »

Whoa! This game got off to a fast start right under my nose. Yoko probably hasn't noticed that it began.

On the outside chance that someone has already placed a 'random' vote when he actually has useful information, I will randomly select from those with one vote already.

vote: Talitha
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:52 pm

Post by Quailman »

D'oh!
unvote: Talitha
I should disconnect my phone while I'm reading mafia games. Multitask is not in my vocabulary.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:18 am

Post by Quailman »

Kerplunk, when you quote a voter, please remove the
bold
tags from the vote so it isn't recounted, expecially when you use my trick of forgetting to preview and screwing up the quote tags.

But just to keep things moving, and to get him to speak up,
vote: mole
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:57 am

Post by Quailman »

unvote: mole

Each night I can search through the belongings of one of the other guests for any evidence.
You're not a cop, you're a snoop! You found something, yet you're not voting. Hmmmm...

All we have is Talitha's word that she survived an attack last night. Maybe she awoke to find her stuff rearranged and merely thought she was attacked.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:30 am

Post by Quailman »

Google. Gotta love it. I never read any Agatha Christie, but I found this:
Harley Quin helps unravel twelve cases in The Mysterious Mr. Quin, and returns for another story in Three Blind Mice. A final Harley Quin tale recently made its first book appearance in the title story of The Harlequin Tea Set and Other Stories published in 1997.
I was thinking of the romance novels when you first gave your name.

Vote: Talitha
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:13 am

Post by Quailman »

I'm not sure I believe Talitha 100%. It seems like something scum would say to get the heat off himself. He takes out an innocent while putting off his own lynch until the next day. And Hamworth? Never heard of him. Still, the only way to resolve the current situation is to
vote: Thoth
Then we'll know if there are indeed two investigators in this minigame.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:03 am

Post by Quailman »

I'm laughing while I await Tigris assertion that he rifled through Rick's luggage and found a lot of women's undergarments in a 42 Long.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:49 am

Post by Quailman »

For the record, I picked Rick's name at random from those who had not been accused or made claims yet.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:05 am

Post by Quailman »

Didn't Tigris investigate Norinel last night? Maybe we should wait to see who Norinel checked out. :D
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:30 am

Post by Quailman »

What? you don't want to loose (sic) an investigative role, and then you vote mole?

I don't believe that chain is legit. And that means there's scum in there somewhere. I'd go for the third or second to get some info. Did Norinel ever say who he investigated, if anyone?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:37 am

Post by Quailman »

This game seems to have slowed to a crawl. Let's see, the investigative claims are Mole-->Talitha-->Thoth-->Tigris-->Norinel. Do I have that right? I do not for a minute believe that all of them (Mole through Tigris) are snoop/investigators. I think it started to get wierd with Thoth's claim. I think I am already voting Thoth. If not, then
unvote: Whoever; vote: Thoth
. We should learn whether to trust Talitha or Tigris.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:29 am

Post by Quailman »

Talitha wrote:I don't think mole is making any accusations about Quailman...
mole wrote:Quailman is guilty.
That sure sounds like an accusation. And that combined with Talitha's guilty result on mole had me convinced that all the so-called investigative roles are paranoid. I can't explain Thoth's result, though. Yesterday I thought he was the one we should have lynched. Today I don't know if we should go after one of yesterday's claimed investigators at all.

I thought that getting a chain of four investigators/targets in a row was too unlikely to be true. Without knowing Tigris' alignment we don't know what we have, but there are two 'claimed' opposite results on Talitha. It's all so confusing that I'm almost ready to go lurker hunting instead. :?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:48 am

Post by Quailman »

Candice, Did you look at Norinel's link to IMDB? If you're looking for a good film hunting place, there really isn't any better. If the coverage is thin at IMDB, it's thin everywhere.
Thoth wrote:Got an innocent result this time on Talitha. It starts to look to me that I'm insane and that mole then is probably sane.
And it starts to look to me like Thoth is jumping to a conclusion somewhat hastily.
Thoth also wrote:I'll wait for his result before I put a vote on.
Mole had just a few posts earlier revealed his result. More haste, but it almost legitimizes his quick conclusion in the preceding sentence. I think perhaps Mr. Thoth had this scripted before daybreak and without receiving any results.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:26 am

Post by Quailman »

We're not replacing Thoth, and he's gone for the next week. He's still the best candidate IMO. Unless we want to wait until he gets back, I see no reason to let him off due to his absence. I don't know what he could say that would change my mind. Talitha is also a candidate, but if we attack him while Thoth is gone we'll only lose focus.
Thoth wrote:I missed mole's result last time. I had little time and just read the last page which did not have mole's result.
Is he saying that he would have made up a different result from his investigation had he noticed mole's post?

vote: Thoth

BTW, if you read this, Thoth, good luck in the world championship!
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:45 am

Post by Quailman »

Still waiting on Thoth, I believe. He'll probably need a day or three to recuperate from what must have been quite a draining experience. Great to hear that his team came in second!
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:11 am

Post by Quailman »

The first result on your list - Mole: Tally guilty; Quail guilty - is evidence enough for me that your assessment of mole as sane is incorrect. I'm sticking with you as I did yesterday for our best bet to find something out from all this.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:42 am

Post by Quailman »

I believe the vote count is Thoth 4, Talitha 2, with three not voting.

Rick hasn't posted in scum since October 23, and that was his only post since the 9th.
vote: replace Rick
. Tigris was in this game. Maybe the mod could convince him to return.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Quailman »

~sigh~ If he's trying to wait us out, it's working.

unvote: Thoth; vote: Rick
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:23 am

Post by Quailman »

I want to lynch Thoth. I wanted to lynch Thoth yesterday, too. After waiting and waiting and three players won't vote to lynch anyone, I got impatient and switched to the deserter/lurker. I'll switch back now.

unvote: Rick; vote: Thoth
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:43 am

Post by Quailman »

Kerplunk wrote:The only one who really wanted to lynch Thoth was Talitha and she is dead.
I
wanted to lynch Thoth day 1, and day 2. Not that I had any inside info, it's just that I thought he'd have made a better target than Tigris on day 1, so I stuck with him day 2. Now that he's gone, I don't know where to turn.

I was not attacked last night that I know of.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:07 am

Post by Quailman »

Yesterday, four people - Kerplunk, mole, Talitha, Quailman - placed votes on Thoth fairly quickly. Voting for Talitha, which made no sense to me, were scum Thoth and Norinel.
FOS: Norinel
for that.

It took a while to get the lynching vote. Non-voters were Candice, big_kahunia and the absent Rick. Candice, while not voting, said Norinel and Thoth were the best options. When Rick was here (day 1), he quickly voted Talitha on mole’s result, but unvoted with the further revelations. Thoth garnered a few votes, but Rick defended him, saying among other things, "Please no more votes on Thoth until we hear from him."
FOS: Rick/JereIC

Mole has got to be paranoid, as Talitha probably was. Tigris got a guilty result for Norinel. We can’t have that many paranoid investigators.
FOS: Norinel
for that too.

Big_kahunia cast the lynching vote for Thoth. That’s neither here nor there, except that we were waiting for Rick’s replacement at the time. Ending the day might have relieved the burden on the replacement of having to read quickly and make up some lies if he was scum. Not worth an FOS though.

So I’m leaning toward JereIC and Norinel both being scummy. Based on Tigris’ investigation, I will
vote: Norinel
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:57 am

Post by Quailman »

I see no valid reason not to believe mole. He came out on day one with his result. Sure, he's clearly paranoid, but he risked a lot by coming out day one. Sure, there's a slim possibility of some sort of gambit, but he had too obscure a name to have pulled it out of thin air. I think we need to seriously consider the fact that Tigris was competent and Norinel is scum.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:58 am

Post by Quailman »

Norinel wrote:Quailman, why didn't voting for Talitha make any sense to you?
Well, Thoth seemed at the time to be a far better target as the third in the chain of 'investigators'. It turned out I was right. :P
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:43 am

Post by Quailman »

I will be away until Wednesday afternoon. Leaving my vote where it is.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:01 am

Post by Quailman »

Okay. I returned from business trip Wednesday, and each time I open this thread I get confused. I didn't believe we had four cops (investigators) on day 1, and as it turned out we didn't. But now I'm supposed to believe we have 3 cops
and
3 docs? That's hard to accept, but other than what now only amounts to a gut feeling about Norinel, I don't have any solid reason not to believe him. I hate jumping around as much as I usually do, but I am going to
unvote: Norinel; vote: JereIC
and see where that goes.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:56 am

Post by Quailman »

After rereading the thread, (almost) none of what Norinel has claimed adds up. I thought he was scum before he conveniently claimed to be a doc. Who he's protected and who he's voted for gives me no sense of comfort. I just chose JereIC as al alternative to Norinel after his claim. Plus, he's still voting for me. :wink:

unvote: JereIC; vote: Norinel;
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:39 am

Post by Quailman »

I received no message about having been attacked. Randomly protecting people who aren't cops, huh? What better way to build support for yourself than to have several people thinking you've protected them at one time or another.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:19 am

Post by Quailman »

Evil Mole!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”