DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Mini 174- Townie Mafia- Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:51 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

It was a night like any other in the town of Townsville. At least, that's what everyone thought, until they were awoken by a terrified yell and a series of gunshots. Quickly awakening, dressing, and staggering towards the noise, the people of Townsville gathered in the predawn light around the mangled body of the assistant to their mayor, clearly killed as he ran for the safety of the mayor's office. Turning over his body, they found clutched in one hand an unopened letter, addressed to the police chief.

As some people opened the letter, wondering what could be so vitally secret that a man had been killed to hide it, others dashed into the building to find their mayor. What they found there horrified them... the body of the mayor, being wept over by the town's greatest doctor, who himself was dying from a bullet wound. Seeing the others, he spoke with great effort. "The mafia... they've decided to... kill us all... we found out, tried to... s- stop th- them, bu...t..." He was unable to finish, and could not be saved, for who in the town had medical knowledge but him?

As those inside stared at the bloody scene, a few more townspeople ran in. After glancing at the corpses as though they'd expected them to be there, and offerred even more disturbing information. "The letter... it said the mafia were in town, disguised as townspeople, and the police were to help organize the town to ferret them out. When we went to see the police chief about it... it seems the mafia had gotten there first. The police were all dead, and all the security cameras in the town had their video recordings wiped."

As they went over this tragic information in their minds, the people of Townsville walked outside, and met in the square, around the body of the mayor's poor assistant, to discuss what to do. The arguing was fast and furious. "They could be any of us!" "We've lost all our most skilled people!" "But we can't just sit here and wait to die!"

In the end, they came to a fateful conclusion. They decided that each of them would do their best to fight against the mafia on their own, using their abilities as unique people, and each day, they would meet in the town square, and whoever they thought was most likely to be mafia would be hung, until they felt that they were safe once again.

This is Townie Mafia. Take whatever information you like from the intro, but don't expect all the answers to be that easy to pick up. However, here's a free one: This game contains no basic townies.

The People of Townsville (2):

dybeck [Mafia Infiltrator, mafia]
Thesp (replacing Omniplex) [Mafia Murderer, mafia]

The Tragically Slain (10):

mathcam, shot Night 1 (Techie Townie, town)
BlueSin, lynched Day 1 (Inquisitive Townie, town)
Mastermind of Sin, stabbed Night 2 (Townie Townie, mafia)
SquareKnight, shot Night 2 (Trickster Townie, town)
brushhopper, stabbed Night 3 (Paranoid Townie, town)
Mr Stoofer, shot Night 3 (Veteran Townie, town)
Seol, lynched Day 3 (Hated Townie, independent win condition)
SpeedyKQ, shot Night 4 (Kung-Fu Townie, town)
kwyjibo, killed in endgame (Psychic Townie, town)
Assasin, killed in endgame (Popular Townie, town)
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Sun May 15, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:09 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Read the rules. Seriously. If you don't, then there will be no mercy when you break one. If you do, there will be slightly more mercy, but that'll still total up to less than none.

The Rules:

-- Bold votes, and unvote before switching. No bold, then it's not counted. No unvote (which also must be in bold), then it's not counted.

-- Don't communicate at night, unless your role PM says you can. Even then, only communicate with the people mentioned in your PM.

-- Don't quote my PMs. This includes PMs I actually sent you, PMs you made up and are claiming I sent you, and parts of said PMs. Also, it includes anything that you think I probably meant by this rule. Any violation of this rule will result in an immediate modkill. This will not end the day, but please don't use that to your team's strategic advantage.

-- A majority of votes (that is, over 50% of the available people voting) are required for a lynch, unless a special rule dictates otherwise. This is true even at deadlines, where the day will end, lynching or not.

-- Dead people don't talk. Dead people's shades don't talk. However, given that this is a game, dead people may have one post where they may not say anything of any significance to the game not already revealed by me (and only me). This means you may say "Bah!", "Go mafia!", "Go Town!", etc., but not "Lynch ____!", "Remember what I said in post ____!", etc.

-- If you're not going to be around, tell us. You'll sit here drooling if you're not here, and that hurts your team.

-- I was serious about the 'sit here drooling'. If you don't send in a night choice by the given deadline, you'll do nothing. Extensions of the deadline may or may not be available on request.

-- Once the final vote has been cast, you may keep talking until I post a death scene. After the death scene is posted, I may or may not lock the thread but expect you all to shut up until a morning scene is posted either way.

-- Have fun. Help others have fun. Play in accordance with the spirit of the game.
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Role PMs are being sent. Once I have gotten a "confirm" PM from all players, along with a night choice if applicable, a morning scene will be posted. Do not post in this thread until then.

Update: I now have all players' "confirm" PMs. You're encouraged to get your night choices in as soon as possible, though I'm not setting a deadline unless it takes a really long time.

Update Again: All right, guys, that's long enough- I'm an impatient guy. Get me night choices within 24 hours (by 12:00 midnight CST on Thursday. When Thursday starts. Whatever). If they're not in, I won't go just yet, but if they're still not in 24 hours afterwards.... Those of you who don't have your choices in
seriously
wouldn't like that.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:39 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Mathcam was feeling rather proud of himself. In spite of the recent deaths, he'd steeled himself against the violence and resolved to catch the mafia, no matter what it took. After all, he'd seen plenty of gore in video games, even if the real life thing had smelled and been higher resolution. But there was no time for that now; after hours of trying, he'd finally successfully wired up a recording feed of the town's security camera system to his home, and had great plans to use it to catch the mafia. "Now," he said, "No one will be able to move without my seeing them! I'll figure out who the mafia are by seeing who moves about at night! Now, to sort through these recordings..."

As he bent to his work, hoping to have found something useful by the next night, a voice behind him said, "Find out who we are?" Mathcam tried to spin his swivel chair, but a hand grabbed it from behind, and as he twisted in his seat, he came face to face with a pistol. "I think not."

mathcam, the Techie Townie, is dead. It is Day 1.
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:17 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

SquareKnight, there's the annoyance factor, which greatly affects the amount of mercy but is still unlisted. In any case, hopefully no one needs this, but I felt like a

Vote Count:

Assasin - 1 (BlueSin)
BlueSin - 1 (kwyjibo)
brushhopper - 1 (SpeedyKQ)
kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Mastermind of Sin - 1 (SquareKnight)
Mr Stoofer - 1 (Omniplex)
Seol - 2 (Assasin, Mastermind of Sin)
Not Voting - 3 (brushhopper, Seol, Mr Stoofer)

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:14 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

All right, guys. I've given you the holiday weekend off, and even an extra day to see if you'd get posting after that. If I don't see, say, six different people posting
something
in the next 24 hours, I'll
modkill you all.

Uh... that come out wrong. Let me try again. I'll
set a deadline
. There we go. The other one was, uh, a slip of the tounge. :wink:
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:57 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

brushhopper - 2 (SpeedyKQ, Seol)
kwyjibo - 3 (dybeck, kwyjibo, BlueSin)
Seol - 2 (Assasin, Mastermind of Sin)
Not Voting - 2 (brushhopper, Mr Stoofer)

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch. Recall that unvoting is, in fact, necessary for your vote to move, however much you might wish otherwise.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:54 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

brushhopper - 2 (SpeedyKQ, Seol)
Seol - 3 (Assasin, Mastermind of Sin, Mr Stoofer)
SquareKnight - 2 (BlueSin, brushhopper)
Not Voting - 2 (dybeck, kwyjibo)

Note: I'm strongly considering setting a deadline for Friday. If discussion hasn't picked up within the nest day or so... (fear the dire threats!)
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:35 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

All right, guys. Enough of this slowness.
Deadline: 4 days from his post.

Vote Count:

brushhopper - 2 (Seol, SquareKnight)
Omniplex - 1 (SpeedyKQ)
Seol - 4 (Assasin, Mastermind of Sin, Mr Stoofer, dybeck)
SquareKnight - 3 (BlueSin, brushhopper, Omniplex)
Not Voting - 1 (kwyjibo)

To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:01 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

Assasin - 1 (Mr Stoofer)
brushhopper - 2 (Seol, SquareKnight)
Omniplex - 3 (SpeedyKQ, BlueSin, Mastermind of Sin)
Seol - 2 (Assasin, dybeck)
SquareKnight - 2 (brushhopper, Omniplex)
Not Voting - 1 (kwyjibo)

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch. Recall that if you'd like mod prods, you have only to ask. Without requests, prods will be given out at night. The deadline is in about two and a half more days; there will be a no lynch if no consensus is reached.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:22 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Both were prodded shortly after dybeck's request. If Omniplex has not posted within the next 12 hours, I will attempt to find a replacement.

Edit: I really am posting too much in this game, so I'll just edit an old post. Omniplex requested replacement, and Thesp is taking over effective immediately.
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:19 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

A one-week extension to the deadline has been granted.

Vote Count:

Assasin - 4 (Mr Stoofer, Thesp, dybeck, brushhopper)
kwyjibo - 1 (Assasin)
Thesp - 2 (SpeedyKQ, BlueSin)
Seol - 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
Not Voting - 3 (kwyjibo, Seol, SquareKnight)

Last edited by DarkLight140 on Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:21 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

Assasin - 1 (brushhopper)
BlueSin - 3 (Thesp, Seol, dybeck)
Mastermind of Sin - 1 (Mr Stoofer)
Mr Stoofer - 1 (SpeedyKQ)
Not Voting - 5 (kwyjibo, BlueSin, SquareKnight, Assasin, Mastermind of Sin)

To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:38 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

BlueSin - 4 (Thesp, Seol, dybeck, SpeedyKQ)
Mr Stoofer - 2 (Mastermind of Sin, BlueSin)
Not Voting - 4 (kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer, SquareKnight, Assasin)

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch. Remember that there are three days and a few hours remaining before the deadline.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:10 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Final Vote Count

BlueSin - 6 (Thesp, Seol, dybeck, SpeedyKQ, Assasin, BlueSin)
Mr Stoofer - 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
Not Voting - 3 (kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer, SquareKnight)

Gathering for the first time to implement their plan, the towns people were a bit nervous. The mafia could be anyone, after all. After a period of slow discussion and little talking in the morning, the townies who had chosen to sleep in showed up, arguments developed, and accuasations flew from person to person. The first major suspect was brushhopper, who soon claimed, "Ugh... I is... am... too tired for this. Can' talk right. I go sleep now...". Attention spun to Assasin, who replied, "I'm a popular guy. I just want to make friends! Don't hurt me, people. Seol, be my friend." After some more discussion, the town's sights settled upon BlueSin, who after Assasin's last phrase, had cried, "You don't want to just be friends! You want to trick us into helping the mafia! Or convert us to some crazy religion!" At the funny looks he was getting, he mumbled, "Uh, if you guys don't think so... I'll shut up now," but as the rest of the townies exchanged glances, they strung up a noose. After BlueSin angrily thust his head through it and then pulled back, there were a few doubts, but the town's resolve firmed, and in the end, BlueSin was willing to stand quietly during his execution.

Afterwards, the town wondered what they had accomplished. Gathering together, they walked into BlueSin's home. Everything seems normal, but in his bedroom, they found an all-black suit of clothing, its shoes wrapped in rags to muffle noise. Clearly he'd been doing some sneaking. Wondering if they could have found one of the mafia, the townies walked into his study, discussing the development. As they were poking through his mail, someone found an item completely unrelated to the documents it was stored in. "This is a book of notes on some of us! He was sneaking into our houses at night and looking around, seeing what stuff we had!" Feeling terrible that they had lynched someone trying to track down the mafia, the townies filed out, agreeing to look through his notes tomorrow to see if he'd found anything useful, since it was getting late tonight. As they left, someone waited behind, then held a lighter to the notebook...

BlueSin, the Inquisitive Townie, has been lynched. It is Night Two.
Please get choices in within the next four days.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:28 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

In the depths of night, Mastermind of Sin was staying awake, working hard. Surrounded by papers carefully he'd arranged over the last several years, he was carefully sorting through them for references to a certain member of the town, cursing himself for spending so much time on the town's mayor, doctor, and cop rather than the previously-nameless townies that were the only ones left alive after the mafia's attack. Still, he supposed he'd done well- without the information he had sent them about those powerful people's habits, the mafia might not have been able to launch such a crippling first blow. He returned to work. Fifteen minutes later, he found the set of notes he'd been searching for, and began to look through them for notes on a certain townie. Then he heard a footstep behind him, and quickly stood up and spun around. He barely had time for his eyes to widen in shock before the knife went into his throat.

SquareKnight was also up in the depths of night, but his labor was one of cans of paint and tripwires rather than books of notes. Over the course of several hours, he'd managed to wire his house with tripwires, alarms, and traps enough to catch any invader in the act. Hopefully, with these in place, he'd be safe. Returning to his bed to sleep, though, he noticed movement. Cautiously calling "Who's there?" and wondering how they'd snuck past his traps, he moved towards it. As he rounded the corner, he ran facefirst into a firing gun. His body pitched backwards onto a wire, and in an ironic twist, was covered in his special,
unwashable light green
paint formula, perfect for marking intruders. His assailant slowly slipped away, careful to flawlessly note and dodge each trap as he went.

Mastermind of Sin, the Townie Townie (mafia), and SquareKnight, the Trickster Townie, are dead. It is Day 2.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:44 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

Mr Stoofer - 1 (SpeedyKQ)
Not Voting - 7 (Assasin, brushhopper, dybeck, kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer, Thesp, Seol)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:26 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 1 (Seol)
Mr Stoofer - 2 (SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Not Voting - 5 (Assasin, brushhopper, dybeck, kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch. Also, I'm getting annoyed at the stalling- you have plenty to talk about. If there's not another page filled with at least semi-worthwhile discussion in the next 24 hours, I'm setting a four-day deadline.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:56 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 1 (Seol)
Not Voting - 7 (Assasin, brushhopper, dybeck, kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer, SpeedyKQ, Thesp)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch. As things turned out, you guys got less than half a page. So there's therefore a
Deadline: Four days from now
. Recall that if you want anything, for example prods, more than your normal one-per-page vote count, deadline extensions*, or clarification of death scenes*, you have only to ask. If you have questions about your role, other's roles**, random messages you received during the night, or you're wondering if the comments I put on the bottom of my last message to you were serious or sarcastic, you have only to PM.

*Requires begging or multiple requests.
**You probably won't get much out of me on this topic.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:37 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 4 (dybeck, Seol, SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Not Voting - 4 (Assasin, brushhopper, kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch. And since I'm all too merciful of a mod,
the deadline is extended to five days from now
. You have Thesp, SpeedyKQ, and SpeedyKQ* to thank for this.

*Groveled and therefore counts double.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:38 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Not Voting - 7 (Assasin, brushhopper, kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer, Seol, SpeedyKQ, Thesp)

With 8 alive, it will take 5 to lynch. You guys didn't really need a votecount, but well, I thought you needed a reminder that
the deadline is in just over 36 hours
. There will be a no lynch at the deadline if there are not enough votes to lynch anyone by then.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:52 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:
kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Seol - 3 (brushhopper, SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Not Voting - 4 (Assasin, kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer, Seol)

The deadline is in just under 12 hours.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Seol - 3 (brushhopper, SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Thesp - 2 (Assasin, Seol)
Not Voting - 2 (kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer)

As due to certain circumstances I will not be present in three hours when the original deadline hits, the deadline has been moved to ten hours from now.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #23) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:17 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

The deadline has been reached

Final Vote Count:

kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Seol - 2 (SpeedyKQ, Thesp)
Thesp - 3 (Assasin, brushhopper, Seol)
Not Voting - 2 (kwyjibo, Mr Stoofer)

Since no consensus on who seemed to be the most mafia-like was reached by nightfall, the townies departed with heavy hearts, knowing that in the morning, some of them would be gone. Worst of all, they had wasted the day, coming no closer to their goal of disposing of the mafia. The day had been eventful just the same, though, and perhaps tomorrow would bring more certainty to their actions.

There was a No Lynch at deadline. It is Night Three.
Please get choices in within the next four days.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #24) » Wed May 04, 2005 5:51 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Returning to his home after the day's discussion, brushhopper was feeling quite tired. However, he was always on the lookout and prepared to defend himself if needbe. Unlocking his front door, he walked through the hall to a medicine cabinet, where he stared at his two most valued items: A machine pistol, obsessively polished every day for years and fully capable of mowing down several people with a single clip, and a jar of caffeine pills, highly concentrated and sufficient to keep him awake and alert all through the night, ready to slaughter any potential mafia coming for him. After a few moments of thought, though, he turned away and went to the stairwell, leading down to his fortified sleeping quarters in the basement. Then he heard a voice behind him. "You forgot to lock the door behind you." He tried to dash for his gun, but his attacker stabbed him in the back as he passed. As brushhopper crawled slowly towards his prized weapon, the world began to grow dark...

On the other side of town, Mr Stoofer was feeling quite accomplished. He was finally putting his skills to good use, helping people to find places to hide that the mafia would never discover. A few minutes after he dropped off his latest charge, though, he began to grow nervous. His combat instincts, still pretty sharp even years after he'd last been shot at, began to tell him something was quite amiss. Looking around frantically for a place to hide but not seeing one, Mr Stoofer began to run, hoping to outdistance anyone looking for him, or at least get to someone else's house so that he could be seen... but he couldn't outrun the bullets.

brushhopper, the Paranoid Townie, and Mr Stoofer, the Veteran Townie, are dead. It is Day 3.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #25) » Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

As the townies argue, conversation shifting rapidly between two suspicions, someone suddenly noticed that Seol was missing. After a moment of panic and some quick searching, the townies found him- unconcious, but alive, knocked out by several expertly delivered blows to the head. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be getting up for at least the rest of the day, and so certainly wouldn't be helping them with a lynch.

Seol is unable to post for the remainder of the day. He is no longer able to vote. The number required to lynch is not reduced.

Vote Count:

Seol - 2 (dybeck, SpeedyKQ)
Not Voting - 4 (Assasin, kwyjibo, Thesp, Seol)

With 6 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #26) » Wed May 11, 2005 9:07 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Seol has been lynched. The day is over.

Final Vote Count:

Seol - 3 (Assasin, dybeck, SpeedyKQ)
Not Voting - 3 (kwyjibo, Thesp, Seol)

Gathering the next day, the townies looked at one another, mostly remaining silent. But while little was spoken, the glares remained steadily on Seol throughout the day, and after he was knocked out, the town only found it that much easier to string him up as a member of the mafia... no one had ever much liked Seol, and so they even lynched him before they had quite half the town.

After the lynch, the townies went to his house, wondering who he was. Had they been right? Could the mafia be now nearly gone? After breaking down his locked door, they walked inside. Everything was covered in dust, except for a path to the kitchen and to the couch, where it was clear Seol had spent most of his time, sitting alone watching television. Looking around in the areas where he seemed to have been recently, someone found a pair of books: one a roster from a recent town meeting, complete with everyone's photos, and the other a phone book with addresses circled. The photos had been marked with X's, and little word bubbles filled with cruel things coming from the town member's mouths. As each of the townies looked at their own photos, they realized that they had actually said that, and Seol had remembered. brushhopper and Mastermind of Sin, though, have their word bubbles crossed out, and the phrase "We're even" written over it. The townies think for a moment, and then realize that Seol couldn't have been a member of the mafia... but he had killed them just the same.

Seol, the Hated Townie (independent win condition), has been lynched. It is Night Four. Please get choices in within the next three days.
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Wed May 11, 2005 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #27) » Sun May 15, 2005 2:20 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

As the townies departed for their own homes, Thesp and dybeck looked at each other, and smiled. Thesp tipped his hat to dybeck, who nodded, pulled a gun from under his coat, and walked confidently after SpeedyKQ. Shots rang out a few moments later, and Thesp grinned from his position in the square.

In the morning, Thesp beat the remaining pair of townies to death as they arrived in the square. He laughed as kwyjibo tried to focus long enough to force him away, and grinned maliciously as Assasin offered to be friends.

SpeedyKQ, the Kung Fu Townie, shot Night 4.

kwyjibo, the Psychic Townie, and Assasin, the Popular Townie, killed in endgame.

Thesp, the Mafia Murderer, and dybeck, the Mafia Infiltrator, remain.
GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #28) » Sun May 15, 2005 2:52 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

These are the night choice listings for, well, everyone. It's kind of sloppy, but, well, it looks better in Notepad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night One Choice/Result

Townie/MoS/Check kwyjibo/Action Blocked
Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill mathcam/Killed
Murderer/Omniplex/-/-

Trickster/SquareKnight/-/-
Paranoid/brushhopper/Used Ability/No Kills
Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/-/-
Inquisitive/BlueSin/Check SqKn, Omniplex/Items 1/1
Techie/mathcam/-/-
Psychic/kwyjibo/Block Mastermind of Sin/Blocked
Veteran/Mr Stoofer/Protect kwyjibo/Protected

Hated/Seol/-/-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night Two Choice/Result

Townie/MoS/Check Seol/Hated Townie
Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill SquareKnight/Killed
Murderer/Thesp/-/-

Trickster/SquareKnight/Paint Self/Self hit
Paranoid/brushhopper/Didn't Use Ability/-
Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/Recruit Seol/Seol Recruited
Psychic/kwyjibo/Block Mr Stoofer/Blocked
Veteran/Mr Stoofer/Protect brushhopper/Action Blocked

Hated/Seol/Kill Mastermind of Sin/Killed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night Three/Result

Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill Mr Stoofer/Killed
Murderer/Thesp/-/-

Paranoid/brushhopper/Didn't Use Ability/-
Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/Recruit Mr Stoofer/Recruited
Psychic/kwyjibo/Block Thesp/Blocked
Veteran/Mr Stoofer/Protect Seol/Action Blocked

Hated/Seol/Kill brushhopper/Killed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night Four/Result

Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill SpeedyKQ/Killed
Murderer/Thesp/-/-

Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/Could not recruit/-
Psychic/kwyjibo/No choice/-
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #29) » Sun May 15, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

And, finally, the actual setup. Before the game, I'd had this looked over by a few people; they pretty much all felt it favored the town. Kwyjibo threw away the game with not telling you guys about his blocking Thesp, I think, but... whatever.

The notes to Mod (self) may be slightly incomplete; this was the original setup and my notes are a bit messy. Any comments or questions would be most welcome. My thoughts go like this: A lot of the town's abilities are either extremely weak or double-edged, and the Mafia Infiltrator is a great ace for the mafia. The Hated Townie is utterly screwed no matter what happens. Seol pulled that off very well, by the way.

Townie Mafia

Anti-Town

You are the Townie Townie.
You're a townie. Yup. Keep telling everyone that, and you'll be good. You hope so, at least, and so do your mafia buddies [name] (the Mafia Infiltrator) and [name] (the Mafia Murderer). You've been reporting to the mafia for years, and they've finally decided that it's time to seize control of the town you've given them such detailed information on.
Each night, you may speak with your mafia bretheren. One of you may kill someone, mutually agreed upon by all three of you (that person must send in the kill PM). You, personally, may also look up all references to someone in your notes in order to learn a little bit about one member of the town (in this case, their role name).

You are the Mafia Infiltrator.
You're skilled in the twin arts of deception and messing with people's heads. Along with your pals [name] (the Townie Townie) and [name] (the Mafia Murderer), you're taking over the town, and you were sent by your Mafia to make sure this bold attempt succeeds.
Each night, you may speak with your mafia bretheren. One of you may kill someone, mutually agreed upon by all three of you (that person must send in the kill PM). As an elite Mafia guy, you can dodge traps, cunningly slip past security cameras, carefully manipulate the items lying around your house so that you don't look suspicious, and so forth- essentially, role abilities which would give information about you turn up with you looking good.

You are the Mafia Murderer.
You're skilled in the fine art of ripping people apart with your massive ham fists. Recognizing your, ah, talents, the Mafia got you out of jail and into business with them, and you've been there ever since. Along with two other mafia agents, [name] the Townie Townie and [name] the Mafia Infiltrator, you've been sent to conquer this town.
Each night, you may speak with your mafia bretheren. One of you may kill someone, mutually agreed upon by all three of you (that person must send in the kill PM). At any point in the game, you may claim Mafia Murderer (it must be clear that this is an actual claim, not a joke- send a PM to me when you want to use it in addition to claiming) and by doing so make a daytime kill against the person who posted immediately previous to you.

Pro-Town

You are the Trickster Townie.
You're fond of pranks, jokes, and making fools out of other people. Now that people are dying, you've decided to put those skills to good use and catch whoever is doing things at night, and mark them for all the world to see.
You may target any player during the night, and set traps around their house. Anyone who targets them will wake up in the morning covered in a paint color of your choice (send the color in with your target). You may target yourself. You must make at least one joke during the day (it doesn't have to be a good joke, but it must involve someone responding to you- send me a quote with the joke in it with your choice), or you will be unable to use your abilities that night (due to this restriction, you cannot use your ability Night One).

You are the Paranoid Townie.
They're coming to kill you. You've always expected it, but you know for sure, now, that it's finally time. You're prepared, though. You're very prepared. They're going to get more than they bargained for.
Twice during the course of the game, you may choose to stay up all night in your house, and shoot anyone who comes in. You'll be too tired to be capable the next day, though- you can post only three times in a day after staying up all night, and each post must contain at least five words spelled incorrectly and/or major grammatical errors. You must reject all direct offers of friendship from other players during the day, or you will lose all role abilities.

You are the Kung-Fu Townie.
You're a martial artist. While this may seem like it would help you out, most of what you learned was from the movies, and most of that was doctored in the first place. But you try. And your honor is quite prickly.
If someone votes you during the day, you can choose to punch them. While this is far from fatal, it does have the effect of knocking them out, so that they cannot speak or vote for the rest of the day (they are still counted as people as far as people-to-lynch is concerned). You can do this to only one person per day.

You are the Popular Townie.
You have a lot of friends. You're always making new ones, too... in fact, you make new friends just about every day, and party every night. It remains to be seen, however, if you hang with the right crowd.
Each day, you may say to one person something to the effect of "Will you be my friend?" If they accept, then that night, you and any friends that you've made so far can talk to them, like a mason group (PM me quotes of the offer, and their acceptance, and I'll PM you both that you're allowed to talk). Be warned, however, that just because someone is your friend doesn't mean that they're a good person. Only the person you made the offer to may accept the offer.
Note to Mod: If the Popular Townie makes friends with someone, they get the message "You've made friends with the Popular Townie, [name], and [his/her] friends. You can talk with your new pals,
  • , at night, but gain no other information or abilities." If the Popular Townie dies, his circle of friends breaks up and can no longer talk.

You are the Inquisitive Townie.
    You've always been compelled to figure out what others are up to. Now that information could mean your life, you've kicked your habits into high gear and started to poke around in other people's houses, looking for anything incriminating.
    Each night, you may choose two people to investigate. You will find something in their house (each person has up to three things to find, so investigating the same person multiple times can benefit you). The item will hint at their role. However, duing the day you must ask at least one question which essentially amounts to "Are you mafia?" of anyone you wish to target at night (this rule does not apply during Night One).
    Note to Mod: Item lists are as follows:
    Townie Townie: A box of donuts, a list of players with unintelligible notes next to their names, and a Mafia membership card.
    Mafia Infiltrator: PM Mafia Infiltrator, ask what he'd like to be found.
    Mafia Murderer: A steak, a pair of brass knuckles, and a Mafia membership card.
    Trickster Townie: A box of Ho-Hos (tm), a stack of paint cans, and a hastily drawn tripwire-paint trap blueprint.
    Paranoid Townie: Caffeine pills, some bizarre prescription drugs, a modified assualt rifle (perfect for dodging laws).
    Kung-Fu Townie: A box of white rice, a book on "applied human anatomy", and a black belt.
    Popular Townie: A six-pack of beer, a wall overflowing with Christmas cards, and a list of phone numbers (players currently in the group).
    Techie Townie: A pyramid of empty soda cans, a desk littered with computer parts, and a 157-page printout of a .pdf on 'Hacking Common Security Systems'.
    Psychic Townie: A bag of organically grown vegetables, some sticks of incense, and a book on current theories of psychic power.
    Veteran Townie: A box of healthy cereal, an old war medal, and a framed letter thanking him for saving their life in the war.
    Hated Townie: A TV dinner, an old school yearbook with no signatures at all, and a knife.

You are the Techie Townie.
    You're into computers, and quite possibly anything else with a circuit in it. The law has always been more of a guideline than a rule for you, and you've got thousands of gigs of illigal software, movies, and files on your hard drives. But you're still fundamentally a good guy, just into open-sourcing everything.
    You've hacked into the town's camera security systems, and are sorting through it as fast as you can. Each night, you'll be given a list of people who were on-camera the previous night. Thanks to invasion of privacy laws, though, you can't see where they went or who they targeted. Note to Mod: The Townie Townie and Mafia Murderer, along with the Popular Townie and anyone he/she has recruited, will show up for talking during the night. The Trickster Townie and Psychic Townie will show up only if they use their abilities on others. The Hated Townie will show up if he/she is an SK and kills. The Veteran Townie and Inquisitive Townie will show up if they use their abilities. The Paranoid Townie and Mafia Infiltrator will show up only if befriended.

You are the Psychic Townie.
    You've got psychic powers. Not "I see dead people" kind of power, but rather "I will dominate your mind (and send you home to sleep, because I'm nice)" psychic powers. You're a fairly moral person, so you don't normally do anything too drastic with them, but you've begun to fear for your life, and have decided that you'll deal with the consequences later.
    Each night, you can choose to either protect yourself, in which case the first person to target you (determined by when PMs are sent in) will be roleblocked, or to target someone else, in which case they will be roleblocked no matter who they target.
    Note to Mod: His targets will be told that they went to sleep early if they have a nightchoice; otherwise not, even if they're mafia or a friend.

You are the Veteran Townie.
    You were in the army once, and were renowned for your skill at finding the best foxholes. Or helping others to find the nearest foxhole-equivalent. It's all the same thing, really. And with the Mafia on the loose, well, it's time to start helping the town go to ground.
    Each night, target someone and you'll grab them out of their house and help them to hide in a good spot for the night, just in case anyone is after them. This will protect them from anyone targeting their person. You, unfortunately, have taken it upon yourself to be less selfish than is wise, and make sure they are safe before you attempt to hide yourself, giving you only a 25% chance to evade anyone coming after you.
    Note to Mod: His protect-ees will be told that they were taken somewhere safe, but not by who.

Other(?)-Town

You are the Hated Townie.
    No one likes you. In fact, they all hate you, and you're a bit nervous about this. They'll probably lynch you quickly.
    It takes one vote less than normal to kill you. Yes, you're totally screwed. Good luck...
    Note to Mod: The Hated Townie will become an SK if he is voted by two or more people during a day, but is not lynched. He will still be one vote easier to lynch, but must have at least two votes on him to be lynched.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #30) » Mon May 16, 2005 2:11 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

You guys liked the setup? I was a little nervous, with it being more than a bit different from what you'd normally expect. Care to share thoughts on balance or possible improvements?

In all fairness to everyone, I was incredibly shocked when BlueSin let himself be lynched. He was essentially the strongest investigative role- even the Mafia Infiltrator could easily have chosen to have him find a non-food item first, thus tipping his hand. And after SquareKnight was killed... I was pretty close to calling it game right there. :roll:
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #31) » Mon May 16, 2005 5:55 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Yeah, Seol, you were pretty screwed, as I said. Sorry about that. Feel free to give me a horribly sucky role in the next game you mod. :oops:

Originally, you were going to take one vote
more
to lynch after you became an SK (and not tell you; also, you'd still be lynchable by 2 in a 3-man endgame), but during balancing I decided that was too strong, and the town had quite a bit stacked against them already. If you'd died before killing any pro-town people, I'd have left you with a town win condition so you could win, though. Small consolation, but... I don't know. Sorry. You were brilliant, though.
To be Continued...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”