shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:19 am

Post by shadyforce »

Wow, it's been so long...

Le's see if I can remember how to do this...

OMGUS VOTE: Yaw

... oh yeah... that felt so good!

:)
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by shadyforce »

At first I thought it's just flavour. Had Steve's lungs died instantly, his body would have done so as well. Whereas a delayed death allows time for doctors to put in a replacement.

But having re-read it, it does seem like they took two hits. The second one seems obviously to have been a killer blow, but I'm not so sure about the first. It seems more like either delayed death or some kind of block, but I suppose how exactly do you kill something twice otherwise, so yeah, maybe it was just killed twice.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:51 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yaw wrote:I seem to be getting all the welcome votes. How delightful. :roll:
Yaw wrote:Random
Vote: shadyforce
. Welcome back! :D
The hypocracy!

Oh well,
Unvote: Yaw
nonny wrote:brian....looks like it's gonna be a fun game and my hubby is modding...w00tness
Well... if we see Amber with a super-duper powerful role incapable of dying and such... we'll know why! ;)
shelper wrote:
26-08-2005 13:50

In addition to those injuries, his lungs have shown signs of degrading, i don't expect they will be able to function much longer."

26-08-2005 18:00

Mr Graham's lungs have now stopped working completely, it appears as though they have been cut off from the bloodstream completely. Mr. Graham has been put in an Iron Lung to keep him stable.
The more I look at it, the more I see how it can be reasonably interpreted either way and i wouldn't jump on anyone's bandwagon based on their opinion.

Everyone go look at who jumped on esme's bandwagon, when, how and why because I think it took off a little quickly.

Anyway, for the record my current my current opinion is best summed up by Nai's summary:
Nai wrote:Doctor's preliminary examination, the lungs seemed to be degrading. Then when he actually checked, he found they were cut off.
Seems the most likely to me.

In the mean time,
Vote: STD
. I don't like the way you just vote and say nothing else. Not even a witty remark? I feel so cheated... :(

Oh, and hi, long time no see as well. :)
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:10 am

Post by shadyforce »

I think chaotic_diablo's strategy is weird but I don't get scummy vibes from him.

I do get them from STD however. I'm confident I suspect what you two do about him and I just don't buy it. Not in the slightest. If all he can do is vote and smile, then 1st of all, roles like that are horrible to play, and play against, and generally aren't what mafia is about - finding the mafia by discussion. Sure posting restrictions can be quirky, but inability to speak altogether is in my humble opinion, altogether unlikely.

Second of all, if all he can do is vote and smile, put yourself in his shoes making the first post in the game. Would you simply vote, or would you vote and smile? I would most certainly smile because it at least gives somewhat of an impression that there is some emotion and hence reason behind the vote (even if it's a random vote - a sarcastic smile works there).

Why would you just vote on it's own? That just smells of someone posting for the sake of posting but doesn't want to say anything. Unless he does have a posting restriction, but I ask, why not post as much as you possibly can to make your role as least obvious as possible, unless you
want
your role to be discovered? And what pro-town player would want their role discovered? The only type of person who, under no pressure, would want to let people know his/her role, or wanting people to be speculating about it, is scum wanting to set up a role claim early in the game.

Either you're afraid to talk, or your setting up a claim. Either way, I smell scum. My vote stays put.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:43 am

Post by shadyforce »

Save The Dragons wrote::arrow::?::|:shock:, :x :(:D:twisted: :wink::roll::idea::arrow: :shock::evil::roll::arrow::x:(:roll::twisted::idea: :D:idea: :D :?::shock::idea::arrow::?::x:arrow::x:roll::twisted:.

:shock::idea::evil::shock:: :x:twisted::(:roll::?::?::shock::(:arrow:
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:
a -b - c - d - e - f - g - h - i - j - k - l - m - n - o - p - q - r - s - t - u - v
Save The Dragons wrote:true, i can post emoticons as a restrition.
esme: incorrect
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:36 am

Post by shadyforce »

I don't have time to analyse everything right now because I'm busy today. But might I suggest we process the information we have (which is already too much for day 1) and just make the best educated guess for a lynch, without any more claiming.

I think we have enough to make a good lynch (which I have believed to be STD for some time without all the info). Any more claims will only help scum make more informed night choices.

Remember, all games these days are made in such a way to harm the town if we mass roleclaim too early in the game.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:23 am

Post by shadyforce »

Sorry guys I had a busy week (first week back at college - mess with registration and things like that.)

A few things:

1. I am not part of any mason group. I'm all on my lonesome.

2. Membership of a mason group doesn't necessarily make either player pro-town. It would be incredibly ballsy for two scum to claim to be masons together (even if they saw the trend of people being masons) but I find it quite likely that if there are so many 'mason' groups, that in some of them, a member might be anti-town.

3. From my understanding, STD can talk freely if he wants, but he
chose
to not use any letters, only smilies, because he wanted to gain his power.

4. STD is, in my opinion, meant to be able to use smilies, but I don't think it was the intention of the mod to allow him to encode messages in them like this, but I guess he's getting away with it.

5. Even if STD's claim is true, I think that role has serial killer written all over it.

6. Bifrost: would I be correct in assuming you don't know who the stomach is, only that there is a stomach role in the game?

Anyway, I really don't like the idea of giving up on the STD wagon, because I really do think he is scum. But I've been listening to the accusations and arguments both ways, and I'm starting to swing against Yaw.

He
has
been spotted targeting a dead player, and he
has
been identified as a 'hard object', in a body of organs. I think that's very incriminating. I have one reservation however:

If there are so many cops, surely it would make sense to make them all less powerful than a generic innocent/guilty cop, that is make their results in some way ambiguous. If hard object == not an Organ then that makes C_D's role a generic innocent/guilty role. If your 5-cop theory is to be believed, then surely you must concede that any individual cop's results can't be enough to decide whether someone is innocent or guilty, and therefore that there must be some organ in the body that can be classified as 'hard'.

Having said that, that's one reservation against some pretty impressive evidence. so I'm going to switch my vote. Sorry dude.

Unvote: STD
Vote: Yaw
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:37 am

Post by shadyforce »

Well judge for yourself... how sure are you that your claim will give the town the perfect lynch, and even then, will another role in the open be worth it? I doubt it but it's your call...
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:10 am

Post by shadyforce »

This time tomorrow and he hasn't posted, I'll add mine as well.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:47 am

Post by shadyforce »

Unvote: Yaw
Vote: STD

:P
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #208 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:08 am

Post by shadyforce »

Nonny: If your claim includes some dirt on any of the remaining players then go ahead. But if it won't help decide between the 'less confirmed innocent' players, then maybe it best not to say anything for now.

C_D: I think your analysis is spot on. I think getting Nai to claim and lynching either him or esme based on the validity of that claim, might be a good way to go. But better not rush into anything... there is still a chance that despite Nonny's eagerness to claim, she might have just found a safe claim and is eager to get it established as early as possible.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #212 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:52 am

Post by shadyforce »

chaotic_diablo wrote:Then we have shadyforce who brought up STD's suspicion. I'm more inclined to believe that either Nai or/and esme might be scum.
What am I missing?

And nonny, what have you claimed... I skimmed through your posts but found nothing... :?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #218 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:42 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Nai wrote:
shadyforce wrote: I think getting Nai to claim and lynching either him or esme based on the validity of that claim, might be a good way to go.
C_D wrote:Then we have shadyforce who brought up STD's suspicion. I'm more inclined to believe that either Nai or/and esme might be scum.
There is a big,
big
difference between these two. One is just thinking that me and esme is suspicious, and the other is getting me, and me
alone
, to claim and then lynching based on that.
That's right, one is C_D's opinion, and another is my suggested course of action based on that opinion. I'm not putting words in your mouth C_D, I'm perfectly capable of speculating for myself ;). My quote was my own suggestion, not an attempted paraphrase of yours. I hope that clears things up?

I'll respond to Nai's rather flattering list of my contributions and the point on asking Nonny to claim this evening... must run and catch a bus now. :)
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #224 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:09 am

Post by shadyforce »

Come on Nai... are you even convinced by your own arguments? You posted a wonderful list of things I've done to contribute to the game... posting my opinions at key junctions, been involved in 2 bandwagons, one of which ended in a lynch and was scum. I'm pretty proud of my contribution actually. :)

The reason I'm a good bet for being innocent (as esme said) is because I'm the reason a scum member was strung up yesterday, and because the next scummiest person alive is also someone I was happy to join the bandwagon of.

Your accusations smell of desperation to me.

Vote: Nai
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:53 am

Post by shadyforce »

I stayed at home last night as well, because I don't have a night choice. And I'm fairly confident that Nanook can back that up, he probably investigated me.

I have no information with which to argue except what I get from the thread.

Nai, quite simply, my vote jumped from Yaw to STD because I found them both suspicious. I wanted either of them lynched and was happy to follow any bandwagon I felt most likely to end in a lynch. What's wrong with that course of action?

Nonny:
Let me ask you this: If you believe yourself to be a sane cop, and that your investigations are accurate, and that therefore Nai is innocent and Yaw is guilty, then doesn't that mean that the 2 people I was crying for the lynch of yesterday (Yaw and STD) were both scum (and cos the SK is dead, both members of the same scum team.) Then that would mean I actively bandwagoned my 2 fellow scum members. Do you actually believe that to be a plausible situation?

Unvote: Nai
because if Yaw is guilty (as I believe he is) then Nonny surely isn't a fellow scum member and therefore she's probably a sane cop and you are innocent.. Also, esme... you attacked Nai and now seem to be leaning towards me... you seem to be wanting to follow the popular bandwagon, so your now a little more suspicious in my eyes.

Also, can you guys maybe unvote at least until Nanook shows up because I think if he can back me up, it would prove helpful. If he can't well what can we do, but at least ask him if it's me.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #231 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:54 am

Post by shadyforce »

Also, can we get an official vote count please shelper?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #238 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:47 am

Post by shadyforce »

I'm at college and therefore very busy. I only got to log on now. How very patient of you esme. You could have given me a little longer to reply, and you could have waited for Nanook to show up to clear me but you didn't. Can't blame you, I blame the townies among you for not unvoting me as I asked. :roll:

Oh well, plenty of info for town to use tomorrow. It's still winnable for us.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”