Mini 233: Gem Mafia (Day five, Game over.)

Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:31 am

Post by Bifrost »

Just to clear things up, I was gone from 9/14 ~ 9/17. I've informed the mod of it beforehand, I'm sure Miss/Mister Mod can back me up on this one. :P

Random vote: Shiryu
"People sign their quotes as unknown because they don't know how to spel anonymos" --Unknown
And with that last vote, No Lynch was lynched!
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:41 am

Post by Bifrost »

I'm inclined to agree with chaotic_diablo on the confirm-time issue. There are too many things that can affect one's confirming time. As for the two people killed, that can swing both ways. Just like chaotic_diablo said, it can be newbies trying to take out experienced players, or experienced players attempting to kill off other oldies to prevent trouble later in the game.

But then again, as Kain said day 1 is pretty much all speculation. I seriously don't think this Coron confirm-time thing is going anywhere, though.
"People sign their quotes as unknown because they don't know how to spel anonymos" --Unknown
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:15 am

Post by Bifrost »

I'll agree with Crola and go on a lurker-voting spree. darquiel has posted just once placing a vote on chaotic_diablo without really saying anything else. So
Devote Shiryu
and
Vote Darquiel

Get it? Devote? De-vote? ...Unvote? Please tell me that was original. Ugh.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:35 pm

Post by Bifrost »

I don't like the way darquiel is sounding. That statement doesn't really reveal any true information, but tosses a bunch of confusion our way. How many day 1 semi-random bandwagons turn into a lynch anyway? Especially considering that it's just (as Bacde named it) a "stop lurking" bandwagon.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:47 pm

Post by Bifrost »

I'm with Bacde on this. I'm turning my lurker vote into a true vote. I see that you've posted about the hurricane heading your way in the Vacation/Limited Access thread, but calling the town "stupid" and saying we're going to "screw up the game" is simply something completely unwarranted for. Besides, *cue insane logic*
Darquiel wrote:something something Thanks to the towns stupidity here, you're going to screw up the game.
This sentence reveals a hint of third-personism, indicating the said personnel does not belong to said group, also known as town.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:55 am

Post by Bifrost »

On metagaming: I haven't been on here for long enough to actually use metagaming in my games, but I guess it's a valid option. I'd personally like to hear what Kain has to say on the "player playing in another game".

On Fryguy: I seriously am not getting any scum vibes from him. At least nothing enough to change my vote, and Darquiel still feels a bit odd to me.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:31 pm

Post by Bifrost »

(Apologies for the rather short posts, things are a bit slow here and I haven't really thought of anything)

I'm with Chaotic_Diablo and Shiryu on this one. I seriously don't think that Kain mentioned metagaming to deliberately divert our attention from the lurker hunt that was going on then.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:12 am

Post by Bifrost »

I agree with Coron. The first game I was in I was so insistent on knowing who the doc protected I actually got killed because they thought I was the doc. The doc survived and town went on to win the game.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:40 pm

Post by Bifrost »

(@Coron: You do like the word "idiot", don't you. :P)

Darquiel's posting is now officially confusing the Erebus out of me. Especially post 98, that was either a defense that's simply off the spot or... Well, something else. If I am not mistaken, Darquiel is currently at one vote from being lynched. Looking back on the thread, I really don't find anyone else suspicious. I believe that Darquiel would be a adequate, if not great, candidate for our day one lynch. I don't intend to unvote unless something else very dramatic happens.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:44 am

Post by Bifrost »

(Argh, so I _was_ mistaken. Didn't notice Bacde's unvote up there, I'm terribly sorry.)
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Post by Bifrost »

I agree with Coron. Chances of a counterclaim isn't too high, and that is a quite believable role. But one last thing before I unvote, Darquiel, what gem are you? I'd like to see what gem she would claim. That'd also help to shed some light on connections between roles and gem-stuff.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by Bifrost »

Unvote: Darquiel
as promised. While I'm not sure gems have anything to do with roles, I personally think that Amethyst fits a doc/backup doc role.

(For anyone who's interested, this article is where I drew that conclusion)
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:41 pm

Post by Bifrost »

It's gonna be a looong day. :P
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:12 am

Post by Bifrost »

Bacde's comment and vote on Kain inspired me to look over the thread again, and here is what I've found so far.

Post 1, 17, 22, Mentions the confirm-time theory, which was dropped after various rebuttals.

After the particularly odd comment by Darquiel (post 41), which I still find odd even now, Kain appears to be siding with Darquiel (post 42). Mentions "a really smooth defense" and thinks that she is a power role. The reason is explained in post 44, but I personally think that explanation is a bit... Well, "trying too hard", but nothing scummy. But one particular sentence near the end of the post bothers me a bit:
Kain wrote:it jsut seems reasonable to me that she is in fact a townie....errr good gem.
Me and Bacde were against Darquiel while Kain seems pretty insistent that Darquiel is in fact a good gem. Look at post 44 for more on that. After Shiryu's decision on unvoting Darquiel and voting Fry Guy, Darquiel appears to be trying to divert attention elsewhere.

Post 56 is where things start getting strange. Kain mentions meta-gaming and asks whether or not it is appropriate. Most people disagree with it, and he himself decides not to metagame in post 64. Also mentions Rhapsody (later excused) lurking.
And then in post 91, he goes ahead and metagame nonetheless, casting a vote on Darquiel.
Attempts to explain in post 95:
Kain wrote:based on what you have said in a certain game of late( not this one) and what you have said in here it has become apperant to me that you are probably scum in both of them.
The whole "based on something you said in some game" thing really throws the verifiability out the window. Semi-defeatist attitude is also apparent in the same post:
Kain wrote: Fellow Town Mates: really if all yall are convinced that I am scum - lynch me then- anyway if I die it will probably be a favor since it'll give me more time since aie life is getting really complicated right now- darn girl making life difficult- talking in code in speech and body language shesh! DTR TIME!
Last but not least, post 111 he mentions that "If Darg proves to be a townie I will be very suspicious of you two. " (the "you two" referring to Shiryu and Bacde) Darquiel claims not shortly after. Even though Darquiel is pretty much accepted as the backup doc/cop (which in itself is a whole other story), I have a pretty strong feeling that Kain, with his constant changes of view on Darquiel, is scum. If Kain turns out scum, I'd be pretty suspicious of Darquiel, and vice versa. I think this post is reason enough. :P
Vote: Kain
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:14 am

Post by Bifrost »

(Correction to prior post: I meant to say that "Darquiel claims shortly after", not "Darquiel claims not shortly after". Apologies.)
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by Bifrost »

@Kain: And why would we want to do that? You're not explaining yourself too clearly. Especially bad considering the bandwagon that's currently forming on you.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:48 am

Post by Bifrost »

(I feel absolutely obliged to say this: chaotic_diablo, your new avatar is the best. :P)

I still do think that Kain should reveal his gemstone, since as chaotic_diablo said, while we don't know in what way, I'm sure the information might still be useful to us.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 pm

Post by Bifrost »

I see chaotic_diablo's point. Assuming that there's 3 mafioso and 1 sk (usual setup, I think), there's eight gems left and three are scum. If we lynch wrong, we go into night with seven gems and three scum, and assuming that Darquiel dies to the delayed-kill effect as Crola did, we come out of night with six gems and three scum. Scum wins.

So I guess this is the time.
I am the cop
. Rhapsdy2 is scum, and This is not me (Fry Guy) is innocent. I randomly chose Rhapsdy2 as my target for night 1, and found out that he is "unfaceted". As explained to me later by the mighty mod, unfaceted gems ("There seems to be something odd about Rhapsdy2") are scum and faceted gems are innocent. In the same fashion I found out that This is not me is faceted, an innocent.

If you look back to day 1, you'll see that I deliberately avoided mentioning Rhapsdy2 at the time. Post 36, I lurker-voted Darquiel even though Rhapsdy2 was obviously lurking even more than Darquiel is. That was in interest of self-preservation as a cop, since I thought that by avoiding attracting scum attention to myself, I'd be less likely to be nightkilled. The two different results means that I'm neither naive cop nor paranoid cop, but if I'm an insane cop... Well, we're *points to avatar*.

Assuming the delayed-kill effect is all the mafia has left, I might be able to sqeeze in an extra investigation before I get killed. I'd like to hear the town's opinion on that.

Vote: Rhapsdy2
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:49 pm

Post by Bifrost »

@Shiryu: Yes, I'm a regular cop, the faceted/unfaceted stuff is just flavor. By the way, I'm Ruby if anyone has been wondering.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:58 am

Post by Bifrost »

First things first.
I investigated Coron last night, and I found him to be unfaceted (scum).
I chose him mainly because nobody else seems scummy at the time, and he only made various short posts throughout the game. A form of flying under the radar, I'd think. Most interestingly, he himself mentions flying under the radar in post 106:
Coron wrote:What darquiel has done isn't dodging the radar! People tend to notice small posts and everything about them, especially if you use them a lot, with longer posts sometimes you can get away with it because people tend to skim.

It really sticks out if you use short posts a lot, that's not avoiding the radar, that's like saying why should I care about a radar? I'm protown.
With a little translation due to himself "using short posts a lot", the last paragraph basically becomes "I'm not avoiding the radar, I'm saying why should I care about a radar? I'm protown." Which is quite notable. He also attempts to create an atmosphere of "general unfriendliness" by using the word "idiot" a lot, as commented on by yours truly in post 101, which I suppose is to intimidate others into not messing around with him. All this, coupled with my investigation (which was revealed last night that I'm in fact not an insane cop), I hereby
vote: Coron

But seeing that both the doc and the backup doc is gone, I don't think I'll be surviving another night. The way of death (shattered) is also interesting. So there _is_ still something other than the delayed effect night kill.

I'm speculating that scum are the ones that aren't actually gems--hence the "unfacetedness". Although I can't seem to see whether or not a mass role-claim is going to help us now.
Bifrost
Bifrost
Townie
Bifrost
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:17 pm

Post by Bifrost »

Heh, this was quite a fun game. Great job, mod. Also, that's quite a lot of extensive research for hosting a mafia game. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”