Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:04 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

springlullaby
: I'm still in. I think there's something wrong with my pm system because I confirmed via pm but it doesn't look like you received it. This also happened during my last game as scum and we didn't get a NK one night :(
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

Interesting theme :D

VOTE: nowen
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

oops, VOTE: Nuwen
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

This is interesting. The shos wagon looks to have developed from an unspoken agreement to test reactions, and parama's in reaction to it. Let's reread...
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: uberninja
I have a feeling parama's going to give me headaches this game. I always had trouble reading belligerent players with bombastic posting styles.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

i dislike the way uberninja is trying to get the wagon off of shos, but is setting up for an easy excuse to jump on with his "he's probably scum but I don't want to lynch him yet"

This, basically. I was holding off on my reasoning but meh.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

Some of us need to post more. Like me. Will do so later tonight.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

Quilford wrote:i was getting shitty gut reactions from Parama's voters because of the way they handled the wagon, but I find their reasoning for parama being scum as valid

Can you elaborate on this? If their reasoning for Parama being scum is valid, aren't you implying that either 1. they're bussing Parama or 2. there's more than one scumgroup?

UberNinja wrote:Furc, read the link I posted to Mini 1318. You too, Chiaro. It's 3 pages tops; not asking you to meta me or anything, but it's stupid to lynch someone on page 3, and I just destroyed a town that did it to a VI. Shos, while he may be a VI-scum, is still a bad idea to lynch. The guy in Mini 1318 literally claimed scum, and he was still a townie.

I agree that it would be a bad idea to lynch shos. However, I don't think any player except maybe shos himself saw the wagon going anywhere, and I don't think you're an exception. As such, I see your words and unvote as oppotunistic white-knighting.

However, you were also the first to draw attention to Parama, who I'm also finding scummy for claiming scum. Frankly, I wasn't comfortable calling him out on it due to knowledge of his meta but Vi's vote gives me more confidence. I'm not sure what to make of your interactions with him.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

UberNinja wrote:I am very serious about lynching shos. I won't lie, I have pulled the white-knighting thing as scum before (the game was deleted), but I am really genuine in my reasons for not wanting to lynch shos (yet). Namely, because I just won a game as scum where we lynched town Day 1 in 3 pages and town never recovered from the suspicion and infighting brought about as to whose fault that was. If I was scum, I kid you not, I would have ridden his wagon until death did us part.

What, exactly, is the argument against shos? The only point brought up against him seems to be OMGUSing his voters during what he (and I) thought was RVS and “flailing” when he expressed bemusement over being voted. The way he reacted to his wagon doesn’t seem scummy to me.

UberNinja wrote:Why vote me without reasoning, and then say someone else is going to give you headaches?

I voted you because I thought you were scummy. I said that Parama would give me headaches because I find players with his playstyle hard to read. I’m not sure why this distinction is lost on you.

As for why I didn’t state my reasons for voting you, I wanted to see who was thinking along the same lines as me so that I could identify them as more likely town, which I now see shos as.

Quilford wrote:a) Just because their reasoning for Parama being scum is valid doesn't mean he is scum. That's what mislynches are. :)

b) Getting shitty gut reactions does not equal thinking someone is scum. This is the same mistake that Nuwen made and the resulting argument which it spawned has completely consumed my recent posts. I'm at a loss as to how you've missed them.

While I now understand your argument, it wasn't clear to me from your original post and I don't think it was obvious either. But okay.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

Zar wrote:
Ew. This has to be one of the worst posts (if not, the worst) in this thread so far. First of all its so wishy washy it hurts. It also takes the opportunity to tag along with another's opinion. (Which is what, the second time Chiaro parrots another players thoughts?). It also looks like something a buddy would use as an excuse to vote for a partner.

I'm just being honest. I was scared to call Parama scummy for something I wouldn't hesitate to vote most other players for, a scum claim, because I know his meta. When an older player called him scummy anyway, I felt encouraged to do so.

As for being wishy-washy, I've gotten that both as town and as scum but I don't agree with the accusation. Mafia's a nuanced game and town lacks information. I think it's worse to have certainty of players' alignments on page 3, which some people in this game have claimed to have.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

I don't see uberninja as scummy as parama anymore.

UNVOTE: uberninja
VOTE: parama
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

In post 298, Parama wrote:
I mean... the entirety of his play is based on sheeping others, and acting like he had actual reasoning to back it up. He's sitting around waiting for others to post cases on other players.

I find the third one to be the most incriminating... "I was scared to call Parama scummy" even though it's town's job to scumhunt and call others scum. It also implies a fear of being lynched. Who else is afraid of being lynched? Hmm...

My philosophy as town is generally to be transparent with my thoughts, even if others might call it sheeping. The theory is that my towniness will show through eventually to other town who think similarly... but I guess that's not true, and I suppose can understand why. And everyone should be afraid of being lynched, town included. We only know our own alignment and you're helping town by not getting lynched.

In other news, I need to do more than defend myself and give the game a re-read.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

V/LA until Monday night PST
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

springlullaby: please replace me
. I'm really sorry for having to ask, but it's been really busy lately and it's only going to get worse with final exams next week. I feel bad because I wanted to complete my first non-newbie game, but just don't have the time to commit to it. If you ever need a replacement between the end of next week and July, please let me know and I'll be glad to replace in.

This will probably be my last post, though I'll see if I can post more before my replacement comes.

Reads:

Furcolow - Solid town to me; his thought process regarding is UberNinja very similar to mine without me having explicitly expressed it.
shos - Leans town. I just don't see scum trying that hard and reacting to the early wagon on him in that way.
UberNinja - Leaning town. I thought he was scummy at first but he strikes me as honest especially in reaction to my attack on his backing off the shos wagon.

Yosarian2 - Null, leaning town.
Nuwen - Not sure, needs to post more.
charter - Not sure.
diddin
Katsuki - Not sure.
Vi - Null, leaning scum.

kanyeknowsbest - Needs to post more doesn't seem to be putting much effort into the game and seems too willing to join any wagon. Scummy.
Fate
Zar - I don't like his cases on either me or UberNinja, seems to be tunneling hard and looking for evidence to justify his conclusions rather than the other way around. Scummy.
Quilford
Elmo TeH AzN - Leaning scum, mostly for the emotional reaction to the wagon on him and his subsequent asking to be replaced.
Parama - Scum.

I'm not sure how much a Parama, kanye, Zar, and Elmo scumteam looks to me (statistically unlikely in a 13p) but I think looking for associative tells on day 1 isn't very useful anyway. I would be willing to lynch any of them at this point. If I find time to stay in the game I'll take a fresh look at the five players in my "null" list.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

I wrote:
Quilford
Elmo TeH AzN - Leaning scum, mostly for the emotional reaction to the wagon on him and his subsequent asking to be replaced.

Forgot to mention that this is purely regardly Quilford, not Elmo. I haven't read the game thoroughly since Elmo replaced him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”