Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Mini 1336 - Revolution Mafia Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

Rules of the Game

With credit to Nacho, Vi, Neruz, and more (yep, I’m a shameless thief)

Administrative Rules

Spoiler:
0: I will moderate this game fairly, but I have final authority.

1:
You may not discuss the game outside the thread. Doing so will result in a mod kill or replacement of all involved and a very unhappy moderator. In the same vein you may not quote any private communication from me or other players including PMs and quicktopic. Finally, you may not post the links to the quicktopics while the game is ongoing.
2:
If you need my attention please PM me or post in bold in the thread. Please notify me of any errors you believe have taken place immediately. The faster I notice what I did wrong, the easier it is to correct.
3:
Modkills will result in the mod-killed player immediately losing the game. I will also then take whatever action is deemed most detrimental (that is, worst) for the faction involved in the modkill. Modkill will never have a positive outcome for your faction.
4:
In the event of Moderator error, the situation will be resolved as fairly as possible to all parties.

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded and at the start of the line in the form Vote: Player, or else the vote probably will not be counted.
Unvotes are not required to change your vote.
1a. Fake votes or hammers are not allowed. We're playing Mafia, not trying to see what the moderator might count as a vote. In the event that something appears to be a vote, it will probably be counted as a vote.
2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted.
3. Lynches require votes equal to the majority of the players (Number of living players/2, round up).
4. A lynch will occur 48 hours after the hammer vote. If any unvotes during that period bring the player below the number of votes required to lynch,
the lynch is aborted.

4. If there's no majority at deadline, the person with the highest number of votes is lynched. If there are no votes at deadline whatsoever random.org will select and kill a player
5. If you are dead, you may post a single “bah” post that contains any combination of the letters “F” and “U” as well as appropriate Llama pictures.
6. If a majority of living players post
Vote: Accelerate
then the lynch will be accelerated to completion early.

Prods and Replacements:

Spoiler:
Prods will be given if you do not post for 48 hours
If you are prodded, you have 48 hours to post in the thread before being replaced on the first prod, 24 on the second prod, and immediate upon the third.
2a.
If it is announced you are replaced, you may not post. To keep your spot PM me on the first or second prod and you will have it
if a replacement has not been found.

The second time you are prodded, you will be warned. The third time you are prodded, you will be replaced. The moderator may consider extenuating circumstances, at my SOLE discretion.
If you're V/LA, make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, you may find a temporary replacement. PM me to discuss this. V/LAs of a week or longer are strongly discouraged, and may be rejected at my sole discretion.
4a.
You will have 24 hours after return from V/LA to post before being prodded.
4b.
At my discretion, I may reject any V/LA requests from players I consider have utilized V/LA to the point where they are no longer active members of the game. You can generally determine if you fall into this category through common sense.
The moderator will attempt to perform activity checks at each vote count. If you note that I have missed a player, you may request a prod.
6. Night phase will be extended for replacements. Day phase may be extended for replacements, at the sole discretion of the moderator.

General Rules

Spoiler:
Gold
is a mod color. You get all the other ones, be happy. I will simply warn gently for the use of Gold and edit the offending post, UNLESS it appears you have deliberately attempted to post in such a way that it appears to be from the moderator. That would make me unhappy.
If you have access, do not edit or delete your posts. Doing so will result in modkill, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Don't quote or 'closely paraphrase' any moderator communication
Do not use invisible text, small text, spoiler text, or any other method of disguising communication. Spoiler boxes are explicitly allowed for the purposes of increased readability,
but votes in them will not be counted.

I am human, I make mistakes. Show me them where you see them.
A basic level of civility is required. This is mafia, emotions run high, but ongoing harassment, insulting, and other issues that threaten the game will not be tolerated.

Game Mechanics

Missions

Each day the revolutionaries make a bold strike against their oppressors! They decide in a fair and democratic member who the most trusted members of their team are, and then together they strike out against their oppressors. If they succeed, they receive benefits befitting their glorious success. But if they fail, their oppressors will be emboldened! Send only the best.

1. Missions are conducted by
players.
2. Each player will receive 3 trust tokens that they can distribute at any time.
2a. Players may give a trust token by posting
Trust: XXXXXXXX
at any time.
3. At end of day (48 hours after lynch is reached with no unvote, or deadline) the
players with the most trust tokens will be sent on the mission.
3a. Ties, when accepting all tied players would raise the mission size above the limit:
Spoiler:
Ties will be broken by totaling the number of trust tokens received by the players who
gave the trust tokens
to the tied player. So if Jim and Chris both receive 2 trust tokens, if the players who gave Jim trust tokens themselves received a total of 7 trust tokens, and the players who gave Chris trust tokens received a total of 5 trust tokens, Jim will be sent. If these numbers too are tied, the result will be decided by random.org (interests of moderator sanity).

4. Any infiltrators on the mission may choose to sabotage the mission. The town will be told the total number of acts of sabotage that occurred (but not who committed them). Town cannot sabotage missions
5. If the mission occurs with no acts of sabotage, the mission is successful!

Other actions

1: Day actions
1a - Action Processing: The moderator will try his best to process actions twice a day (roughly morning/early afternoon and evening, EST). If the moderator misses an update, all actions will be rolled into the next update.
1b - Action Presubmittal: Actions may be submitted for future days. Example:
Spoiler:
It is currently May 18th. Jim submits: "Take action X May 22nd, in the morning." The action will be processed on May 22nd, in the morning.

1c - Changing actions: Actions may be changed any time before they are processed.

2: Night actions
2a: Night actions may be presubmitted, same as day actions. Night actions may be changed any time before the night action deadline. Night actions may not be changed after the night action deadline, even if the thread is locked.

Golden Rule

Questions > Modkills. If you're about to do something that you're unsure about, then ask me about it.
Last edited by GreyICE on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:24 am, edited 16 times in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri May 18, 2012 10:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

Player List

Living:

Llamarble
Haschel Cedricson, Cogito Ergo Sum
, Concision (
a hydra of CES and Regfan
)
kanyeknowsbest
vijay2vansandani
BBmolla
kuribo
Darox
MattP

Dead:
Spoiler:
Elmo TeH AzN, Revolutionary
Lynched Day 1

The Mini-Librarian
Voided Mafia, Revolutionary
Lynched day 2

Fate, Revolutionary
Lynched day 3

SpyreX, Revolutionary
Lynched day 4

Implosion, Revolutionary
has been lynched Day 5

Modkilled:
Spoiler:
Zoraster, interfering busybody
brought into the game and then modkilled for whining I hadn't updated my dead list in Mafia Discussion TWELVE HOURS after lynch occurred.

Replacements:

Katsuki

Sample Role PMs

You know that at least one copy of each role PM below is in the game.

Hello,
XXXXX, Revolutionary
and welcome. Welcome to our Glorious Revolution!

For too long, we have labored under the tyranny and oppression of our self-styled leaders. Forced into a society that does not value individual thought or personal freedom, we have chaffed under the yoke of tyrants and oppressors. The minds around us have grown fat and flabby even as the bodies are transformed into tanned and muscled clones in a relentless pursuit of a single ideal of beauty. Conformity is valued, individuality suppressed.

Today, my children, know that their time is limited! Today, you know that the tyrant's yoke is ending. Today, you know that you will rise up and be free!

Some blood may fall, but that blood is not on our hands. There is no other choice. By taking away our choices, they have left us no choices, no choices but the the choice on whether to be human. By forcing us to make that choice, the blood is on the hands of those who oppress us! Those who made this revolution necessary! And those that went along with them, silently! The blood is on their hands, my children. And together we shall pay them back for every drop of that blood!

History will remember us, either as the liberators of a nation, or the brave few that tried and failed. And together, how can we fail? Together, how can we do anything but succeed?

Actions:

Vote:
Each day you may vote to expel someone from the gathering.

Missions:
You may do your part to help missions succeed. Each day you may, if selected, take part in a mission. You will contribute towards the success.

Trust Tokens:
Each day you may hand out up a trust token to up to three {3} different players. At the end of the day, the players with the most trust tokens will take part in the mission.

Use Device:
You may use any devices that are liberated from the oppressors.

Win Condition:
You win when all the infiltrators have been expelled from your group, and you are free to conduct missions against your oppressors.

Note: If at any point missions cannot be conducted without infiltrators taking part, your cell will be considered irreversibly compromised, and eliminated

Hello,
XXXXX, Infiltrator
and welcome. Thank you for performing this service for us.

It has come to our attention that small bands of radicals have been gathering, using a subversive 'darknet' and anonymous 'darknet handles' to organize violent resistance to our government.

Espousing ideals of 'freedom,' and 'liberty,' these radicals seek to undermine the fabric of our society, disrupt our way of life, and destroy key points of infrastructure. They have no regard for the value of human life, viewing civilians as 'ignorant sheep' who are slaughtered by 'unfortunate necessity.' They even view the death of their fellow revolutionaries as 'glorious sacrifice' - even when they themselves caused these deaths. Needless to say, for your own safety it is of the utmost importance that you do not get captured by these monsters.

You have been assigned a darknet handle humanely extracted from captured revolutionaries. With this, infiltrate their gathering. Win their trust. Join their missions. And sabotage them. Destroy their credibility. Destroy their effectiveness. Destroy their lives. We will make them pay for what they have done.

Actions:

Vote:
As the possessor of a 'trusted' handle, each day you may vote to expel someone from the gathering.

Missions:
You may do your part to help missions succeed or fail. Each day you may, if selected, take part in a mission. You may choose to contribute towards the success or failure of this mission. If you choose to contribute to the failure, the town will know that an infiltrator was present on the mission!

Trust Tokens:
As the possessor of a 'trusted' handle, each day you may hand out up a trust token to up to three {3} different players. At the end of the day, the players with the most trust tokens will take part in the mission.

Use Device:
You may use any devices your superiors manage to funnel to you.

Inside Knowledge:
You know that
[REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED]
and may carry on the mission if you are compromised and eliminated.

Win Condition:
You win when the town can no longer conduct missions without an infiltrator present.
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting: BBmolla, Darox, Elmo TeH AzN, Fate, Haschel Cedricson, implosion, kanyeknowsbest, kuribo, Llamarble, MattP, SpyreX, The Mini-Librarian, vijay2vasandani

Trust Tokens

BBmolla {3}-

Darox {3} -

Elmo TeH AzN {3} -

Fate {3} -

Haschel Cedricson {3} -

implosion {3} -

kanyeknowsbest {3} -

kuribo {3} -

Llamarble {3} -

MattP {3} -

SpyreX {3} -

The Mini-Librarian {3} -

vijay2vasandani {3} -

Mission size is 6 Players.

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-05 00:00:00)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 9, SpyreX wrote:I asked if tokens are redistributable but no answer. :P

Edit: Changed my mind, considering that SnowBunny abomination. Trust tokens may be redistributed, to prevent decision paralysis.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Breaking News: Independent Auditor Clears Omni Group of any Wrongdoing

The Financial Review Board, an independent fiscal authority, has cleared the Omni Group of the charges of government collusion yesterday. "This is a relief," stated Markus Wallace, Chairman of the Omni Group. "We have been living under the shadow of these charges for too long."

First brought by the now-discredited journalist, Abraham Strong, the charges stated that in return for exclusive control over regulatory bodies, the government had charged Omni Group with using its $1.1 trillion annual revenue to gain control of people's lives. Strong created a detailed map of connections, based on anonymous "insider testimony."

After the first of the witnesses came forward, testifying it was all part of an elaborate hoax, Strong's journalistic credentials were immediately tarnished, but it was not until the Financial Review Board completed its independent audit that the charges were considered completely baseless. "A hoax of this magnitude is astonishing," said Sally Wallace, of the Financial Review Board, "but time and again we found no basis for the charges laid out by Strong. This truly was months in the planning."

The testimony of the three witnesses has provided a fascinating insight into just how far people will go in search of fame. "It was all an elaborate game," said Steve Arars, former Omni Group Vice President. "Just something we had come up with over beers at a bar. What if we made the greatest hoax ever, bigger than the Loch Ness monster, Crop Circles, and the death of Steve Jobs combined?"

"Regretably," Arars continued, visibly distraught, "Josh and... Jane... they couldn't take the loss of status and position. We just never..." at this point, Arars broke down, visibly devastated by the suicide pact that had claimed both of his friend's lives only weeks before. Uploaded to YouWatch in realtime, the video of the two leaping from the top floor of the Omni Group Tower went viral, with over 15 million views before it was taken down.

It is sad to reflect on the tragedy these young people brought on themselves and an up and coming young journalist with their cruel prank. A memorial service will be held for Abraham Strong this Sunday at 3 P.M. Guests should RSVP with at least one form of ID and submit a retinal scan to the link below.

===========================================================

Vote Count 1.1

Llamarble:
Darox, SpyreX
Elmo TeH AzN:
kanyeknowsbest, Implosion
BBMolla:
implosion
Implosion:
Elmo TeH AzN
Darox:
Llamarble

Not Voting: BBmolla, Darox, Elmo TeH AzN, Fate, Haschel Cedricson, implosion, kanyeknowsbest, kuribo, Llamarble, MattP, SpyreX, The Mini-Librarian, vijay2vasandani

Trust Tokens

BBmolla {3}-

Darox {1} -
SpyreX, Implosion
Elmo TeH AzN {3} -

Fate {3} -

Haschel Cedricson {3} -

implosion {2} -

kanyeknowsbest {3} -

kuribo {3} -
Darox,
Llamarble {3} -

MattP {3} -

SpyreX {2} -
Darox
The Mini-Librarian {3} -

vijay2vasandani {3} -

Deadline in:
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Tue May 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Homegrown Terrorists Just as Dangerous as International Threats, Report Says

The National Security and Safety Association (NSSA) recently completed a study of home-grown terrorism. They concluded that although the threats were far less likely to result in large-scale casualties than the better-planned, better-funded foreign terrorism, intranational terrorists could still be very dangerous.

"It's not the size of the threat," Jeffrey Adams, head of the Radical Ideologies and Intranational Terrorist Division within the NSSA, said. "It's the number of threats they can deploy." Adams painted a bleak picture of dozens or even hundreds of loosely connected fanatics carrying out a campaign of terror. "Any one of these cells would be just a minor threat," Adams said, "but if they organize, and there's indications that they are beginning to organize, they could turn into something far more dangerous."

Repeated bombings could stretch health and safety resources to their breaking point, while so-called "backyard snipers" could paralyze infrastructure, resulting in critical delays. Meanwhile sabotage could disable power plants, dams, water pumps, and other key nodes.

"The NSSA is undertaking a comprehensive program to strengthen vulnerable points," Adams assured
Breaking News.
"And other countermeasures may be in place already. But the first line of defense is you."

Adams encouraged every individual to remain vigilant for potential threats. "Remember," Adams said, "just dial '5' on your cell phone. Operators and agents are standing by 24/7 to receive your reports, and each report is evaluated individually." Adams also made mention of the wildly heralded 'Patriotic Award' program, first instituted 15 years ago to help fight drug dealers and mob bosses. Under the 'Patriotic Award' program, more than $1,200 Million in liberated resources has been funneled to the Patriots who deserve it most - those who have reported on these criminals and aided our government in their War on Evil.

For pictures of the latest Patriot Award houses, cars, and other amazing rewards that will be going out to the vigilant heroes of our War, please turn to page 4.

Vote Count 1.2

Elmo TeH AzN:
kanyeknowsbest, Implosion, BBmolla,
Implosion:
Elmo TeH AzN, Llamarble, The Mini-Librarian,
Llamarble:
Darox, SpyreX
MattP:
vijay2vasandani
BBMolla:
implosion
Darox:
Llamarble
The Mini-Librarian:
MattP,

Not Voting: Fate, Haschel Cedricson, implosion, kuribo, Llamarble, SpyreX

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Remaining
Tokens Received
BBmolla1Darox, Elmo TeH AzN MattP
Darox1 SpyreX, Implosion
Elmo TeH AzN0
Fate3
Haschel Cedricson2
implosion2Haschel Cedricson, Elmo TeH AzN
kanyeknowsbest3
kuribo3Darox
Llamarble3BBMolla
MattP2 BBMolla
SpyreX2 Darox, The Mini-Librarian, Elmo TeH AzN
The MiniLibrarian2
vijay2vasandani3

Deadline in:

If you notice any errors, please PM me or post in
bold
in thread.
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue May 22, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Wed May 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Pi calculated!

A new study has revealed that pi is exactly equal to 22/7ths.

"This changes everything," exclaimed math professor Fugiwara Toshiro. "Everything!"

He then ran into his lab cackling wildly.

Vote Count 1.3

Elmo TeH AzN:
kanyeknowsbest, Implosion, BBmolla,vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani:
Elmo TeH AzN, MattP,SpyreX
Implosion:
Llamarble, The Mini-Librarian,
Llamarble:
Darox,
MattP:
vijay2vasandani
BBMolla:
implosion,
Darox:
Llamarble
kuribo:
BBmolla
The Mini-Librarian:

Not Voting:
Fate, Haschel Cedricson, kuribo,

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Remaining
Tokens Received
BBmolla1Darox, Elmo TeH AzN MattP
Darox1 SpyreX, Implosion
Elmo TeH AzN0
Fate3
Haschel Cedricson2
implosion2Haschel Cedricson, Elmo TeH AzN
kanyeknowsbest3
kuribo3Darox
Llamarble3BBMolla
MattP2 BBMolla, The Mini-Librarian,
SpyreX2 Darox, The Mini-Librarian, Elmo TeH AzN
The MiniLibrarian1
vijay2vasandani3

Deadline in:

bold
in thread.[/quote]

Prods

Fate has been Prodded
Kuribo has been Prodded
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Thu May 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

GreyICE on Vacation

Noted scholar and presidential adviser GreyICE will be on vacation for the next 10 days. When asked how this vacation would impact his duties, he hit the reporter in the face with a hammer and said "Like that, but different." He then followed it up with "haha, impact. Get it?"

The hammer is now framed and on display at the Breaking News Offices, where it can be viewed for a nominal fee between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM.

Vote Count 1.4

The Mini-Librarian:
vijay2vasandani, MattP, kanyeknowsbest, SpyreX,
Elmo TeH AzN:
Implosion, BBmolla, Fate
vijay2vasandani:
Elmo TeH AzN,The Mini-Librarian
Implosion:
Llamarble, vijay2vasandani
Llamarble:
Darox, kuribo
BBMolla:
implosion,
Darox:
Llamarble
MattP:

kuribo:

Not Voting:
Haschel Cedricson, ,

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Remaining
Tokens Received
BBmolla1Darox, Elmo TeH AzN MattP, mplosion, kanyeknowsbest,vijay2vasandani
Darox0 SpyreX, Implosion
Elmo TeH AzN0
Fate3 Kuribo, Darox, SpyreX
Haschel Cedricson2
implosion1Haschel Cedricson, Elmo TeH AzN, kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest0
kuribo2Darox, SpyreX
Llamarble3BBMolla
MattP2 BBMolla, The Mini-Librarian,
SpyreX0 Darox, The Mini-Librarian, Elmo TeH AzN, Fate, kanyeknowsbes, vijay2vasandani
The MiniLibrarian1
vijay2vasandani1

Deadline in:

bold
in thread.

Prods

None!
Last edited by GreyICE on Fri May 25, 2012 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #270 (isolation #8) » Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 1.5
- the phone vote count

The Mini-Librarian:
Haschel Cedricson, MattP, kanyeknowsbest,
Elmo TeH AzN:
Implosion
vijay2vasandani:
Elmo TeH AzN,The Mini-Librarian, bbmolpa
Implosion:
Llamarble, vijay2vasandani
Llamarble:
kuribo, fate, spyrex
BBMolla:

Darox:

MattP:
Darox
kuribo:
implosion
Fate:
Llamarble

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Remaining
Tokens Received
BBmolla1Darox, Elmo TeH AzN MattP, mplosion, kanyeknowsbest,vijay2vasandani, Llamarble
Darox0 SpyreX, Fate, Implosion
Elmo TeH AzN0
Fate2 Kuribo, Darox, SpyreX
Haschel Cedricson2
implosion1Haschel Cedricson, Elmo TeH AzN, kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest0
kuribo2Darox, SpyreX, v2v
Llamarble1BBMolla
MattP2 BBMolla, The Mini-Librarian, Llamarble
SpyreX0 Darox, The Mini-Librarian, Elmo TeH AzN, Fate, kanyeknowsbes, vijay2vasandani, kuribo
The MiniLibrarian1
vijay2vasandani0

Deadline in:

bold
in thread.

Prods

MattP
TML
Last edited by GreyICE on Thu May 31, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #310 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 292, The Mini-Librarian wrote:
Apologies to GreyIce and everyone in this game. Life has become an issue for me lately and I cannot put much time into my games. I am a bit ashamed but I will need to be replaced in this game.

I understand.

VoidedMafia replaces TML
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #365 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Mod note: Am back home now, updates will be more frequent in the future.

Deadline stands.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #413 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Breaking News: 24 Hour Deadline Extension

I'm sorry, I've been on an interview today, and I simply haven't had the time to get a vote count up. On the plus side I may have a job.

I apologize I was mostly unable to do vote counts from the phone, it took me over 45 minutes to get one done using that screen, and it's a process I hope never to repeat.

This is a unilateral decision, and I apologize to anyone who might feel slighted. Feel free to discuss whether I should have done this after the game. Vote counts WILL be more regular tomorrow.

Vote Count 1.6
- GreyICE is sorry vote count

VoidedMafia:
Haschel Cedricson, MattP, implosion, Elmo TeH AzN, vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani:
bbmolla, VoidedMafia
Implosion:
Llamarble, spyrex
Llamarble:
kuribo, fate
MattP:
Darox
kuribo:
implosion
Fate:
Llamarble, kanyeknowsbest,
BBMolla:

Darox:

Elmo TeH AzN:

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Remaining
Tokens Received
BBmolla1Darox, Elmo TeH AzN MattP, kanyeknowsbest,vijay2vasandani, SpyreX, Fate,
Darox0 Fate, Implosion, MattP, VoidedMafia
Elmo TeH AzN0
Fate2 Kuribo
Haschel Cedricson2
implosion1Haschel Cedricson, Elmo TeH AzN
kanyeknowsbest0
kuribo2Darox, SpyreX, v2v, Llamarble
Llamarble0BBMolla, MattP, kanyeknowsbest, VoidedMafia, implosion
MattP0 BBMolla, VoidedMafia, Llamarble, implosion
SpyreX0 Darox, , Elmo TeH AzN, kanyeknowsbes, vijay2vasandani, kuribo
VoidedMafia0 Llamarble, SpyreX
vijay2vasandani0

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-06 00:00:00)

bold
in thread.

Prods
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #451 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 450, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
@mod in the case of two equal wagons does your plurality take the senior wagon?

regardless id rather see elmo go than vm.
unvote vote elmo

In the case of two equal sized wagons, I would go with whichever wagon most recently had a vote placed on it.

It's much easier than figuring out whichever wagon was the first to have a vote placed on it, and doesn't raise questions of 'if I voted for X, but then unvoted X and revoted him in the same post, did I bump down my seniority?'

Additionally, as I will be starting a new job tomorrow, scene may be delayed slightly.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #468 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Elmo TeH AzN has been Lynched

Breaking News: Man Found Dead in Apartment, Apparent Suicide

A man was found dead in his apartment last night, shortly after midnight. Neighbors reported hearing multiple gunshots to the police. When they arrived, the police discovered the unnamed man lying face down with the weapon on the floor next to him. Authorities are unsure how the man came into possession of an illegal firearm, and have suggested that he was part of an unnamed radical cell.

While authorities have not released his name, it has been identified that he went by the handle "Elmo TeH AzN" in several left-wing extremist sites online.

Said Police Chief Murray, "this demonstrates the dangers of internet access. Dangerously unstable individuals like this 'Elmo TeH AzN' are out there." The Police Chief reiterated the standing reward for information leading to the capture of dangerous extremists or the seizure of their property, and encouraged people to be vigilant.

---------

Elmo TeH AzN, Revolutionary
is Lynched Day 1

You have (expired on 2012-06-07 22:30:00) to submit any night actions.

Vote Count 1.7

Elmo TeH AzN:
spyrex, kuribo, Darox, Fate, Llamarble, kanyeknowsbest, implosion, bbmolla,
VoidedMafia:
Haschel Cedricson, MattP, Elmo TeH AzN, vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani:
VoidedMafia
Implosion:

Llamarble:

MattP:

kuribo:
implosion
Fate:
Llamarble,
BBMolla:

Darox:

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Remaining
Tokens Received
BBmolla1Darox, Elmo TeH AzN, MattP, kanyeknowsbest,vijay2vasandani, SpyreX, Fate,
Darox0 Fate, Implosion, MattP, VoidedMafia
Elmo TeH AzN0
Fate0 Kuribo
Haschel Cedricson1
implosion0Haschel Cedricson, Elmo TeH AzN
kanyeknowsbest0
kuribo1Darox, SpyreX, v2v, Llamarble, Fate
Llamarble0BBMolla, MattP, kanyeknowsbest, VoidedMafia, implosion
MattP0 BBMolla, VoidedMafia, Llamarble, implosion
SpyreX0 Darox, , Elmo TeH AzN, kanyeknowsbest, vijay2vasandani, kuribo, Haschel Cedricson
VoidedMafia0 Llamarble, SpyreX
vijay2vasandani0

bold
in thread.

Mission: BBmolla, Darox, Kuribo, Llamarble, MattP, SpyreX

Prods
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #469 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Thread Opening on pause while I resolve something
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #470 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Breaking News: Gas leak destroys downtown building

Traffic was snarled for hours today when a gas leak destroyed a downtown building. The fire startled office workers this morning when it erupted at 9:34 AM, destroying most of the windows on the block, and setting off car alarms up and down the street.

"It was like hell on earth" Jessica Rains said, referring to the shower of flames and broken glass that sprayed down in the wake of the accident.

Authorities quickly cordoned off the surrounding blocks, and acted to minimize the flames. Fortunately the building was apparently abandoned, and the government wishes to assure everyone that no one was killed in the blast, although the stream of ambulances attested to the numbers lacerated by falling glass or burned by flaming debris.

"This was truly something for the ages."

---------

There have been no acts of sabotage this mission!

The Mission has succeeded! The Revolutionaries have gained certain advantages!

Mission Size is 6 players

Game on!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #554 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

The Ray Bradbury Memorial Vote Count

Today we remember the seminal works of Science Fiction author Ray Bradbury. Bradbury was a giant amongst writers, penning such famous works as
The Martian Chronicles
and
Something Wicked This Way Comes.
His ideas and visions imagined strange and dark futures, warnings of worlds that he was afraid might come to pass. Today, thankfully, we know that many of his nightmarish visions have been adverted, and thanks to the forward thinking of men like him, we see our way to a brighter future while avoiding the perils and pitfalls.

You can download his complete novel collection for half price today -
The Martian Chronicles, Dandelion Wine, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Farewell Summer, The Halloween Tree, Death Is a Lonely Business.
This brilliant memorial collection of every work the author published should be a staple in each person's library.

Vote Count 2.1

VoidedMafia
- implosion, bbmolla, spyrex, MattP
vijay2vasandani
- kanyeknowsbest,
Llamarble
- Fate

Not Voting:
kuribo, Darox, Llamarble, Haschel Cedricson, vijay2vasandani, VoidedMafia

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmollaLlama Matt DaroxSpyreX
Darox SpyreX, BBmolla, VoidedMafia, implosion
Fate VoidedMafia
Haschel Cedricson
implosiondarox, mattp, llamarble
kanyeknowsbestmarble mattp spyrex
kuriboSpyreX
Llamarblekanyeknowsbest, BBmolla, VoidedMafia, implosion
MattP kanyeknowsbest, BBmolla, implosion
SpyreXBBmolla, Darox, Kuribo kanyeknowsbest
VoidedMafiaLlamarble, Darox, Fate
vijay2vasandani

bold
in thread.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #616 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

The Plodding and Methodical Planning Votecount

Yeah, too tired for flavor. Here's a lolcat.

Spoiler:

LOL

Vote Count 2.1

Haschel Cedricson - Llamarble, bbmolla, implosion, spyrex,MattP, Fate, kuribo,

VoidedMafia
- vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
- kanyeknowsbest,
Llamarble
- Darox

Not Voting:
Haschel Cedricson, VoidedMafia

As of Post #610 Haschel Cedricson reached the lynch threshold. In (expired on 2012-06-13 14:33:00) (6/13 at 2:33 PM EDT) Haschel Cedricson will be lynched, unless he drops below the lynch threshold.

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmollaLlama Matt DaroxSpyreX, Llamarble, VoidedMafia
Darox SpyreX, BBmolla, implosion, MattP, kuribo
Fate VoidedMafia
Haschel Cedricson
kanyeknowsbestmarble mattp spyrex,
kuriboSpyreX, Darox, MattPSpyreX, Llamarble, VoidedMafia,
LlamarbleKuribo, Spyrex, BBMollakanyeknowsbest, BBmolla, implosion, MattP
MattPSpyreX, Llamarble, Darox kanyeknowsbest, BBmolla, implosion, kuribo
SpyreXBBmolla, Darox, Kuribo kanyeknowsbest, Llamarble, MattP, kuribo
VoidedMafiaKuribo, BBmolla
vijay2vasandani

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-22 20:00:00)

bold
in thread.
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #620 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:46 am

Post by GreyICE »

In case anyone is confused by V2V's comment (I am) if someone Unvotes to bring HC below lynch threshold, lynches (including HC's) are obviously still possible today.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #622 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

Well now it is clear
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #722 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Votecount

Vote Count 2.2

Haschel Cedricson
- bbmolla, implosion, spyrex,MattP, kuribo,
Llamarble
- Darox, Fate, kanyeknowsbest,
VoidedMafia
- vijay2vasandani
Fate
- VoidedMafia
vijay2vasandani
-

Not Voting:
Haschel Cedricson, Llamarble

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
Fate VoidedMafia
Haschel Cedricson
vijay2vasandani

Deadline in:

bold
in thread.[/quote]
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #829 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Searching for a replacement for Haschel Cedricson
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #830 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Sorry guys, but I have a new job that averages 8-10 hour days, and I've got a 1 hour commute. On top of which my car broke down. This was... not how I really planned my moderation of this game to go. That being said, I should be able to promise at least once-per-two-day vote counts from here on out. Of course broken promises, etc. lol. I suck.

Vote Count 2.3

KanyeKnowsBest -
Llamarble, VoidedMafia, MattP, bbmolla, implosion,
Haschel Cedricson
- spyrex, kuribo,
Llamarble
- Darox, kanyeknowsbest,
VoidedMafia
- vijay2vasandani, Fate,
Fate
-
vijay2vasandani
-

Not Voting:
Haschel Cedricson,

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
Fate
Haschel Cedricson
vijay2vasandani

Deadline in:

Deadline Extended for Replacements

Haschel Cedricson is being replaced
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #867 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Cogito Ergo Sum replaces Haschel Cedricson

Deadline has been extended by 3 days (about how long it SHOULD have taken me to replace him if I were a competent mod)

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-25 20:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1052 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 2.4

VoidedMafia
- vijay2vasandani, KanyeKnowsBest, Fate, BBMolla
Fate
- CES, Implosion, Llamarble, VoidedMafia
SpyreX
- MattP, Kuribo
CES
- spyrex,
Llamarble
- Darox,
vijay2vasandani
-
KanyeKnowsBest -

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
Fate
Haschel Cedricson
vijay2vasandani

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-25 20:00:00)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1107 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 2.5

VoidedMafia
- vijay2vasandani, KanyeKnowsBest, Fate, BBMolla, Darox,Kuribo, SpyreX,

Fate
- CES, Implosion, Llamarble, VoidedMafia, MattP
SpyreX
-
CES
-
Llamarble
-
vijay2vasandani
-
KanyeKnowsBest -

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Llama Matt DaroxSpyreX, Llamarble, VoidedMafia
Darox
SpyreX, BBmolla, implosion, MattP, kuribo
Fate
Haschel Cedricson
kuribo
SpyreX, Darox, MattPSpyreX, Llamarble, VoidedMafia,
Llamarble
Kuribo, Spyrex, BBMollakanyeknowsbest, BBmolla, implosion, MattP
MattP
SpyreX, Llamarble, Darox kanyeknowsbest, BBmolla, implosion, kuribo
SpyreX
BBmolla, Darox, Kuribo kanyeknowsbest, Llamarble, MattP, kuribo
vijay2vasandani

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-25 20:00:00)[/quote]
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

The moderator worked for 12 hours today so this is all the flavor you're getting LYNCH SCENE

Sorry Voided, you'll get more flavor later, I promise. Also, thank you again for replacing in.

VoidedMafia has been lynched.
He was
VoidedMafia, Revolutionary

Night Ends in: (expired on 2012-06-26 21:00:00)

The Mission is:
BBmolla, Darox, kuribo, Llamarble, MattP, SpyreX
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1109 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Day 3 begins

*bzzt* Beginning Transmission *bzzt*

As distances vanish and the people can flow freely from place to place, society will cross a psychological specific heat boundary and enter a new state. No longer a solid or liquid, we have become as a vapor and will expand to fill all available space. And like a gas, we shall not be easily contained.

We do not accept your false gods. We do not bend at the knee for your self-granted titles.

We are responsible for our own good. And we are the ones who deserve to decide that good.

We are children no longer. And we shall not be contained.

Key Infrastructure has been destroyed! The government is forced to devote extra resources to rebuilding and reassuring the population. Missions have become easier to carry out!

The Mission Size is Five People
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1183 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

VLA Acknowledged then promptly forgotten about.

Don't worry it'll be days before I prod you.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1196 (isolation #29) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 3.1

Fate
- MattP, SpyreX, Llamarble, CES, Implosion,
SpyreX
- Fate, Kuribo
Llamarble
- KanyeKnowsBest, Darox,

Not Voting:
vijay2vasandani, BBMolla,

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
MattP, SpyreX,Llamarble,CES
CESvijay, BBmolla MattP
Darox
Fate
implosion
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
SpyreX,Llamarble
Llamarble
MattP,BBmolla,KuriboMattP
MattP
BBmolla,Llamamarble, CES SpyreX, Llamarble
SpyreX
MattP,BBmolla, Kuribo
vijay2vasandani CES

Mission size is 5 Players.

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-07-11 20:00:00)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1259 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 3.2

Fate - MattP, SpyreX, Llamarble, CES, Implosion, BBMolla
-

SpyreX
- Fate, Kuribo
Llamarble
- KanyeKnowsBest, Darox,

Not Voting:
vijay2vasandani,

In post 1203, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Fate

Calling everyone who votes you scum gets old after a while Fate :|

Fate has reached the lynch threshold as of Sun, July 1st, 12:41 EDT.

He will be lynched in: (expired on 2012-07-03 00:41:00)

Accelerate: Llamarble

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
CES
vijay, BBmolla, Darox MattP
Darox
CES, V2V, Kuribo
Fate
implosion
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
DaroxSpyreX,Llamarble
Llamarble
MattP,BBmolla,KuriboMattP
MattP
SpyreX
MattP,BBmolla, Kuribo
vijay2vasandani
Darox CES

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-07-11 20:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1262 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1260, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
GI
, I switched a trust token from BBm to 'marble. Also, I believe that timer is off by 12 hours.

Oops.

:P

Read 12:41 AM as 12:41 PM.

Fixed.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1274 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:07 am

Post by GreyICE »

Breaking News

A man was gunned down today by police officers after going on a rampage through a government building. Witnesses say he was armed with two pistols, and was firing indiscriminately into the workers. On-site guards armed with assault rifles responded, but were overwhelmed by the lone gunman's fury, until a heroic sniper finally managed to land a headshot.

Witnesses say that the man was most likely high as he was screaming "DOWN WITH THE REPRESSIVE FUCKS" and "LYNCH ME PIGS? I'LL SHOW YOU!"

Memorial service for the victims of these attacks will be held on July 7th. Click the link details on how you can donate to the memorial fund.

Fate, Revolutionary,
Lynched Day 3

Night 3 will end at (expired on 2012-07-06 12:00:00)

Please have all actions in by then.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1275 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:14 am

Post by GreyICE »

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
CES
vijay, BBmolla, Darox MattP
Darox
CES, V2V, Kuribo
Fate
implosion
Vijay, Llamarble
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
Darox, VijaySpyreX,Llamarble
Llamarble
MattP,BBmolla,KuriboMattP, implosion
MattP
SpyreX
MattP,BBmolla, Kuribo
vijay2vasandani
Darox CES, implosion, kuribo

BBmolla, Darox, vijay2vasandani

3 way tie between Kuribo, Llamarble, and MattP resists my tiebreakers (all 3 have the same level of trust voting for them). Random.org chooses Kuribo and MattP

Mission is:
BBmolla, Darox, Kuribo, MattP vijay2vasandani
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1276 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by GreyICE »

The Truth of Tyranny

It is a truth that tyrants breed incompetents. In fact, it is a necessity. To work for a tyrant requires several things. It first requires a lack of basic humanity. There are many without the moral fiber to develop ethics, and they run the gamut of intelligence. Yet it is a fact that geniuses who lack a strong ethical base are very dangerous human beings. Charles Manson, Joseph Goebbels, Richard Nixon, these humans leave devastation and disaster in their wake. Although useful to a tyrant at the high levels, they are antithical to the unthinking, unquestioning authority tyrants seek to establish. Thus, they are left with the remainder, the stupid, incompetent, or naive and deceived.

This explains why time and again tyrannical states have missed enormous, obvious truths, truths. The Japanese never noticed the fact that the Americans had broken their codes, despite the Americans blatantly showing off the fact by shooting down Yamamoto's plane - the only messenger plane they shot down, and one that the Americans shouldn't have known was even in the air. The French Monarchy missed the fact that the entire country was on the brink of armed revolt. And the Iraqi army thought it would have a shot at taking and holding Kuwait.

This is the great advantage of revolutionaries, and something that tyrants never factor in. Time and again they rely on their secret police, their network of infiltrators, their spies and their armies, never realizing that they are missing the essential component, the intelligence at ground level, that makes those institutions function so well for free and open countries.

The mission has succeeded
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1422 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 4.1

Llamarble
- KanyeKnowsBest, Darox
SpyreX
- Implosion, CES, Llamarble, BBMolla, MattP
MattP
- SpyreX, kuribo

Not Voting:
vijay2vasandani,

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Llama Matt DaroxCES
CES
Llamarble, MattP, BBmolla
Darox
kuribo, kanyeknowsbest, BBmolla
implosion
Llamarble, kuribo, V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo, mattp, darox
kuribo
SpyreX, Darox, implosionLlamarble, kanyeknowsbest
Llamarble
Kuribo, MattPCES, implosion, BBmolla
MattP
CES,Llamarble, kanyeknowsbest
SpyreX
kuribo, BBmolla
vijay2vasandani
implosion

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-07-21 20:00:00)

Sorry for the lack of vote counts, again.
Last edited by GreyICE on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1429 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 4.2

SpyreX - Implosion, CES, Llamarble, BBMolla, MattP, V2V

Llamarble
- KanyeKnowsBest, Darox
MattP
- SpyreX, kuribo

SpyreX reached lynch threshold as of Post #1424

Lynch will occur in (expired on 2012-07-13 20:20:00)

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Llama Matt DaroxCES
CES
Darox
implosion
Llamarble, kuribo, V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo, mattp, darox
kuribo
SpyreX, Darox, implosionLlamarble, kanyeknowsbest
Llamarble
MattP
CES,Llamarble, kanyeknowsbest
SpyreX
kuribo, BBmolla
vijay2vasandani
implosion

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1531 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 4.3

SpyreX
- Implosion, CES, BBMolla, V2V, Llamarble
CES
- Kuribo, MattP
Llamarble
- KanyeKnowsBest, Darox
MattP
- SpyreX

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Llama Matt DaroxCES, MattP, Kuribo
CES
Darox
implosion
Llamarble, kuribo, V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo, mattp, darox
kuribo
Darox, Vijay, BBMollaLlamarble, kanyeknowsbest
Llamarble
MattP
BBMOLLA, VIJAY CES,Llamarble, kanyeknowsbest
SpyreX
BBmolla
vijay2vasandani
implosion, MattP, uribo

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1542 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 4.4

SpyreX
- Implosion, CES, BBMolla, Llamarble
CES
- Kuribo, MattP, V2V
Llamarble
- KanyeKnowsBest, Darox
MattP
- SpyreX

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
CES
Darox
implosion
Llamarble, kuribo, V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo, mattp, darox
kuribo
Llamarble
MattP
SpyreX
BBmolla
vijay2vasandani
implosion, MattP, uribo

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-07-21 20:00:00)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1692 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 4.5

SpyreX
- Implosion, Llamarble, BBMolla, CES
CES
- Kuribo, V2V, SpyreX, KanyeKnowsBest,
Llamarble
- Darox
Kuribo
- MattP
MattP
-

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
CES
Darox
implosion
Llamarble, kuribo, V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo, mattp, darox
kuribo
Llamarble
MattP
SpyreX
BBmolla
vijay2vasandani
implosion, MattP, uribo

Mission is: BBmolla, Darox, Llamarble, MattP, V2V

Night Actions due in:
(expired on 2012-07-25 00:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1693 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Breaking News: Senseless Violence on the Streets

Security cameras captured 4 people viciously beating a homeless man on the street. The 4 people repeatedly hit his face, torso, and legs until he collapsed bleeding in a heap. The beating continued for several minutes, according to the Coroner far longer than they needed to to ensure that he was dead.

"This was simply senseless, pointless cruelty" the coroner said, his eyes visibly wet. "They didn't even have the kindness to make it quick. They slowly beat this man to death."

The perpetrators faces and bodies were obscured due to a suspicious glitch in the camera software. Police say they are investigating potential relations between the glitch and the beating.

"So far I would say we have no leads," Police Chief Ramsey said. "But I hope people will come forward if we get the news out."

SpyreX, Revolutionary
Lynched Day 4

Night Actions due in:
(expired on 2012-07-25 00:00:00)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1694 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

Terrorist Plot Discovered

A terroris plot was discovered yesterday, when the bomb designed to destroy the centralized police communication infrastructure failed to go off.

"Fortunately these home-grown terrorists are often incompetent," said the Police spokesman. "But that doesn't mean they're not dangerous."

More on this as the story unfolds.

The mission has been sabotaged
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1704 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:44 am

Post by GreyICE »

update: one act of sabotage was committed

Forgot to include this, post will be updated when I find a real comp.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1742 (isolation #43) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Concision, a hydra of CES and Regfan, replaces CES
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1779 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1776, Llamarble wrote:
Grey, would having a compromised player on a mission cause that mission to fail?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

VC incoming.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1784 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

If there was an error with the trust token counts and you didn't bother to pm me or do anything about it at the time, well, I'm sorry I missed it, but
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1898 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

VC inc
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1899 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 5.2

BBMolla
- Implosion, kanye, Darox
Darox
- MattP, V2V
Implosion
- Kuribo, Llamarble
Kanye
- BBMolla

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Concision, MattP
Concision
Llamarble, MattP, kuribo MattP, BBmolla
Darox
kuribo
implosion
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
LlamarbleConcision, Llamarble, Darox
Llamarble
kuribo, MattPMattP, kuribo, Concision
MattP
Llamarble, Concision BBmolla, Concision, Llamarble
vijay2vasandani

Deadline:
(expired on 2012-08-13 20:00:00)

In post 1873, Darox wrote:Ok that was hilarious.

Vote: Vivivivivoo

I have no fucking clue who this is a vote for, so I'm going to assume it's a sign that Darox is addicted to crack and ignore it. Feel free to give me a vote in a format that I can understand sometime soon, or don't, idc
Last edited by GreyICE on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1939 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 5.3

Darox
- V2V, MattP, Implosion,
Implosion
- Kuribo, Llamarble
Kanye
- BBMolla
V2V
- Darox
BBMolla
- kanye

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Concision, MattP
Concision
Darox
kuribo
implosion
V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
Llamarble
MattP
vijay2vasandani
implosion

Darox has felt a sharp poke of impending displeasure

Llamarble has been violated by the prod of despair
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1961 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 5.4

Darox
- V2V, Implosion, Concision
Implosion
- Kuribo, Llamarble, BBMolla, MattP
V2V
- Darox
BBMolla
- kanye

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Concision, MattP
Concision
Darox
kuribo
implosion
V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
Llamarble
MattP
vijay2vasandani
implosion

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-08-14 20:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1976 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 5.5

Implosion- Kuribo, Llamarble, BBMolla, MattP, Darox, Concision

Darox
- V2V, Implosion,
BBMolla
- kanye

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Concision, MattP
Concision
Darox
kuribo
implosion
V2V
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
Llamarble
MattP
vijay2vasandani
implosion

The mission is:
Concision, Kuribo, Llamarble, MattP, V2V
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1977 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Another Shut-In Death

An unidentified man was found dead today by police, at his computer. The man appeared to be playing one of the latest popular video games. According to the Coroner's report the man had gone over 40 hours without food or sleep, and was lacking in basic hydration.

His neighbors described the man as a "quiet sort" who often left the apartment at odd hours, and was rarely seen by other occupants of the building. "We saw him darting in and out occasionally," said Matt Smith, resident, "But he never spoke to anyone. He was quiet and unassuming."

The medical examiner's office warned of the dangers of excess computer use. "These games are addictive," chief medical examiner Bob Hope said. "They suck you in, and if you're not paying attention you can go into heart failure."

Police report that there was nothing to tie this death to a string of deaths of single people, usually male, around the city. "Basically, people die all the time" the Police Department Spokesperson said. "I'm sure some popular game has been released which is triggering these shut-ins deaths, but frankly my men are dealing with a lot of problems and we don't have the time or the patience to track down each and every one and warn them about the dangers of their lifestyle. They made their choices."

Implosion, Revolutionary
has been lynched Day 5

It is now Night 5! You have 48 hours to submit your night actions.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1978 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:06 am

Post by GreyICE »

Another failure

Perhaps success breeds overconfidence.

One act of sabotage has been committed on the mission!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1979 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

Virus Alert Warning

Concision
is accessing the site from an unauthorized device. Unauthorized devices may not use
Voting
or
Trust
software.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1980 (isolation #54) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:10 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 6.0

Not Voting:
Llamarble, kanyeknowsbest, vijay2vansandani,BBmolla, kuribo, Darox, MattP

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Concision
Darox
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
Llamarble
MattP
vijay2vasandani

Deadline:
(expired on 2012-09-03 20:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1983 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:24 am

Post by GreyICE »

Additional Announcement

Darox's equipment has malfunctioned, and he may not go on the mission today.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1997 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1992, BBmolla wrote:
@Mod: If the town was unable to send a mission without scum, would scum win?

If the number of town players is such that a mission cannot be conducted without the scum taking part, then the town will lose.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2000 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, lemme be 100% clear here, since I made a mistake, and I've been PMed about this.

If the Revolutionaries are PERMANENTLY incapable of sending an all town mission, the Infiltrators will win the game. Temporary conditions may indeed prevent an all-town mission from being conducted on certain days.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2005 (isolation #58) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 6.1

Kanye
- BBMolla
BBMolla
- Kanye

Not Voting:
Llamarble, kanyeknowsbest, vijay2vansandani,BBmolla, kuribo, Darox, MattP

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
kanye
Concision
Darox
kanyeknowsbest
BBMolla
kuribo
Llamarble
MattP
vijay2vasandani

Deadline:
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2137 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 6.2

Concision
- V2V, MattP, Llamarble, Kuribo
BBMolla
- Kanye, Darox
V2V
- BBMolla

Not Voting:

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
kanye
Concision
Darox
kanyeknowsbest
BBMolla
kuribo
Llamarble
Llamarble
Matt, Kuribo
MattP
Llamarble
vijay2vasandani

Deadline:
Last edited by GreyICE on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2143 (isolation #60) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2118, kuribo wrote:
In post 2036, Llamarble wrote:Also Concision most likely can't do things today because they targeted kuribo whom I blackICEd, so they do still need to die. But one of the other scums probably targeted Darox and Kanye claimed targeting Molla.
I'm more inclined to believe in Kanye town with Concision + Molla the scums, or just all three of them scum, but this game is probably lost anyway.

Let's go back to this.

BlackICE removes the vote of anyone that targets the ICE'd person, right?

But it's funny, after you said this, Concision didn't say jack shit about it, despite earlier demanding to know who had done it.

From his point of view, you should be scum.

Further, what the fuck were you doing to me that night, Concision?

Unvote, Vote: Concision

Actually it has come to my attention that a lynch has been achieved as of this post. Oops
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2144 (isolation #61) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Action News Report

A man fell from the top of a building onto Main Street, between 33rd and 34th today, at 2:21 PM. According to some eyewitnesses, from the way the man fell he may have been unconscious or dead prior to his fall.

Some say a note was pinned to the body, but police have reported that they are not releasing the contents of the note. According to the police spokesperson "The contents of the note were private and meant for others, and should not be released to the general public." The man's identity has not been revealed.

Concision, Infiltrator
has been lynched.

Since only 3 votes were received (Llamarble's vote for Darox does not count, as Darox is not eligible to go on the mission) random.org has selected 2 of our mission participants.

The mission is: BBMolla, kanye, kuribo, MattP, and vijay2vasandani

Actions are due within 48 hours.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2145 (isolation #62) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, so I was visiting friends on labor day, and am just now back and updating and stuff.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2146 (isolation #63) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2147 (isolation #64) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Day 7 begins!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2195 (isolation #65) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I prodded V2V before the update, and I did it again. Given the game length, I'm not thrilled over the idea of trying to find replacements.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2198 (isolation #66) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 7.1

Not Voting:

BBMolla
- kanyeknowsbest
Darox
- Llamarble

Not Voting:
BBmolla, Darox, kuribo, MattP, V2V

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Llamarble
Darox
kanyeknowsbest
kuribo
Llamarble
Llamarble
kuribo, MattP, BBMolla
MattP
Llamarble
vijay2vasandani

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-09-19 00:00:00)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2205 (isolation #67) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:44 am

Post by GreyICE »

IceGuy replaces V2V!

Please welcome him warmly for being so awesome as to replace into this game on day 7!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2259 (isolation #68) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:37 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2257, IceGuy wrote:
@Mod: What happens if a player is both White ICEd and Black ICEd?

What are these things that you speak of?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2261 (isolation #69) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 am

Post by GreyICE »

I assume if such abilities existed they might follow Natural Action Resolution order.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2282 (isolation #70) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 7.2

Not Voting:

IceGuy
- Kuribo, BBMolla, MattP
BBMolla
- kanyeknowsbest
Darox
- Llamarble
BBMolla
- IceGuy

Not Voting:
Darox,

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Llamarble
Darox
MattP, IceGuy
kanyeknowsbest
IceGuy
kuribo
Llamarble, MattP, IceGuy
Llamarble
kuribo, MattP, BBMolla
MattP
Llamarble, Kuribo, Darox Llamarble
IceGuy
Trust: kanye, kuribo, Darox MattP

Deadline in:
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2301 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 7.3

Not Voting:

IceGuy- Kuribo, BBMolla, MattP, Llamarble

BBMolla
- kanyeknowsbest, IceGuy

Not Voting:
Darox,

A lynch has been achieved as of post #1299

Lynch in: (expired on 2012-09-14 19:44:00)

Trust Tokens

Name
Tokens Given
Tokens Received
BBmolla
Darox
MattP, IceGuy, kuribo
kanyeknowsbest
IceGuy
kuribo
Darox, Llamarble, MattPLlamarble, MattP, IceGuy
Llamarble
kuribo, MattPkuribo
MattP
Llamarble, Kuribo, Darox Llamarble, kuribo
IceGuy
Trust: kanye, kuribo, Darox MattP

Deadline in:
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2309 (isolation #72) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 am

Post by GreyICE »

Dramatization

Four angry men circled, like hungry wolves. "IceGuy has betrayed us!" They exclaimed. He must be! Even though the day before he had been in a toss up between Concision and IceGuy, and even though they had picked Concision as the traitor, they were convinced that IceGuy was a traitor too.

"String him up! String him up!" chanted MattP
"Oh hell, why not?" questioned Llamarble. "I don't need to do much analysis to figure out IceGuy was scum."
"Heheheheh" chuckled Kuribo darkly. "IceGuy will pay. You will all pay. I WILL RIP OUT YOUR GUTS AND USE THEM TO SWING FROM BUILDINGS LIKE SPIDERMAN!"
"Works for me," shrugs BBMolla. "I honestly don't have a clue what's going on here."

And so the hungry predators tore into IceGuy. Crackling blue electricity surrounded his body, which stiffened, then toppled off the building into an alleyway below. The four predators cheered in celebration. Until they were cut off by a hail of gunfire. So. Much. Gunfire.

"What a bunch of fucking idiots" said movie Darox, slapping another string of bullets into his dramatically oversized chaingun. "Seriously, I don't think they were paying attention to anything that happened all game."

"I dunno," said movie Kanye. He flipped open the barrel of his old-fashioned Tommy Gun, and adjusted his bowler hat. "Sabotaging Concision wasn't the brightest thing you've ever done."

"Oh yeah? Well who was the jerk who kicked me off the mission yesterday?" Darox shot back. Kanye shrugged.

"Seemed like a good idea at the time." He said.

"Well so did that!" Darox shot back.

Kanye thought about it. Concision was a jerk. He kept trying to get Kanye lynched. He turned into some weird multi-headed monster occasionally.

"Yeah, fair enough. Works for me" movie Kanye lit a cigar as he stared at the bleeding corpses of in front of him. "Seriously, these jokers thought they'd overthrow the government? What a bunch of..." *BLEEP* the elevator went, silencing the line that would earn the movie an R rating.

This has been a dramatization of the September Rebellion. All people involved were based on real people. Some names and locations have been changed to protect the people involved in these events.

*Credits*

Llamarble, Kuribo, BBMolla, and MattP
have been killed in endgame.

Darox, kanyeknowsbest, and Concision
have achieved their victory condition and squashed the revolution. Congratulations to our winners!

*postscript*

IceGuy awoke groaning. The last thing he remembered was charred flesh, and a long fall. And yet... he was in a bed. What had happened?

"Don't try to move" the figure warned. "You were beat up pretty badly when I dragged you out of that alley."

"What happened? And who are you?" IceGuy demanded. "What have you done?"

"Oh," the shadowy figure chuckled, "You wouldn't recognize me. I was a latecomer like you, someone who joined to replace one of their original members. And like you, they kicked me out." The figure grinned. "But I'm smarter than them. I outwitted my own death scene. I escaped. And now so have you."

The figure stood, dramatically. "The revolution is necessary. But those people, the originals? They were not the ones to do it. The Replacement Revolutionaries will overturn this corrupt system!"

Voided Mafia, and IceGuy
, Replacement Revolutionaries, have snuck off to form their own revolution without all those other jerks.
Last edited by GreyICE on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2311 (isolation #73) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

Thoughts:

This was yes, heavily based off a certain board game, as several people have noticed. The goal was to make a setup where hunting for town was just as important as hunting for scum, and thus force out the 'race to the bottom' scumplay mentality without being inherently unbalanced. Unfortunately, well... we see how that turned out.

The town seriously shot itself in the foot a number of times. I don't think one townie alive is the least bit surprised Kanye was scum, for instance, but at no point did anyone get together and say "hey, he's actually obvious scum, maybe we should lynch him?"

I don't want to give a town MVP too much, but if I did it would be Vijay2Vasandani, for this post:
In post 1929, vijay2vasandani wrote:Hmmm are you voting?

Also, I'm thinking Concision, kanye and Darox

Unfortunately he lurked and flaked before he could do anything about it, but he was definitely onto the scumteam. To quote Kanye in PM to me, "Goddamn it Vijay!"

The scum MVP... it was hard to tell. Kanye and Darox both played very good games, and CES/Concision was excellent. I think if Darox hadn't chosen to sabotage Concision (ironically to earn him TOWN points) this may have been a flawless scum victory.

Mechanics:

1) The town got between 1 and 3 gadgets every night. I used random.org and a double coinflip method, to increase the odds that it would be around the median. The randomness was to prevent a massclaim breaking the game open, "Okay, we get 2 gadgets every night, until we succeeded in our first mission, then we get three, and we have three claimed this night so all three are confirmed town, but 4 claimed this night so..."

2) Gadgets were, as many of you figured out, mainly to help the town by giving them something to talk about. Like many power roles, they didn't actually do much to catch scum or confirm town, but they gave a lot of points of discussion that just aren't there in a mass vanilla game.

3) The mission was actually the primary mechanic. The rewards were as follows:

1 successful: Town got an extra gadget
2 successful: Mission size reduced by 1
3 successful: Scum stopped learning how many gadgets the town got
4+ Successful: Mission size reduced by 1 for every 2 successful missions

The purpose of the mission size was that the mission would eventually get down to being 2 players (at which point it would freeze). That would mean that to win, the scum would need to mislynch literally all but one townie. Since this is a ridiculous goal that would never happen, scum were STRONGLY encouraged to sabotage through this mechanic.

1 failed: scum got an extra gadget, and learned the name of three town gadgets and their effect (this makes fakeclaiming a LOT easier)
2 failed: scum get a quicktopic (there was a certain level of annoyance when this was discovered)
3 failed: scum get a 1-shot anytime kill that doesn't work in LyLo

Scum gadgets existed mainly to make the town shake up the mission if they hit on a successful configuration. Oh, and mimic town gadgets.

On the plethora of Shoe Phones: I swear to you, there were 7 gadgets for town, and 7 gadgets for scum, and random.org had a 1 in 7 chance of picking Shoe Phone. Which it did about 1 in 3 picks.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2312 (isolation #74) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:36 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2310, Voidedmafia wrote:Wait, I do what now?

Anyways, guess I was wrong on BB.

Well you never died, because there was no death scene. See? You've just been waiting in the wings, starting a new revolution, without the baggage of the old one ;)

I promised you flavor...
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2314 (isolation #75) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2313, kuribo wrote:I don't think anyone's surprised about Kanye being scum, so much as... dat powerbus by Concision.

I was wrong about Darox, but that is my only regret.

The town suffered from alot of apathy from what should have been some of its strongest players. (I include myself in this statement)

I have to take some blame for that. My modding was, to put it bluntly, piss-poor. This game was too complex, and I had a tendency to have something going on whenever you guys actually lynched someone (three lynches landed on or before the day I had a job interview, and I was gone all of Labor Day weekend, when I was supposed to open the thread).

Here's the Infiltrators' Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/4VgWs9XyL27
And here's the dead thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/2WVpRPKBxjF
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2323 (isolation #76) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2321, kanyeknowsbest wrote:tbqh this was honestly the worst scum game ive ever played i think. sometime around day 2 (i think) i decided to just play "dont get lynched" for the rest of the game, and given how passive darox was as well i think that contributed a lot to how frustrating this game was for everyone. imho the delayed lynch mechanic really hurt town. it made town let scum off the lynch something like 3 times and also allowed scum to stay off wagons they didnt want to be on without worrying about no lynch situations. yall were just too indecisive abt lynches and it made slipping out of that noose really easy.

also i think ces's attempts at bussing me were really well done,,nj m8 : ]

Plurality lynches at deadline were necessary because otherwise no-lynching was a breaking strategy (just run missions until either the mission size is 2 or you've confirmed enough people town, one of the two).

The unvoting... yeah, did turn out to be hugely scum sided, and I don't think anyone liked it. I'd certainly never do it again.

You had the most awesomely amusing messages to the mod during the game, btw, although Kuribo was damn close.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2334 (isolation #77) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Set in stone. There's a difference between lack of communication and outright crippling the scum team.

The rest were just... Randomness is random.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”