Mini 1363: Star Trek Voyager: Endgame (Game Over)

Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 am

Post by Shed »

/confirm

Best captain is Jean-Luc Picard. Sorry Janeway.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 am

Post by Shed »

In post 21, Maestro wrote:/confirm Just recently got into this show (NETFLIX) and I'm lovin' it so far but I've been a TNG mega-fan and a Trekkie in general for years.

Data will always win over Spock and Tuvok. No disputes.

High-five! I remember watching TNG growing up. That one will always be the best in my mind.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Shed »

Vote: PMysterious

hi again!
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:06 am

Post by Shed »

1) Pretty familiar, although mostly with the TNG era.
2) Star Trek by far. .
3) No, but I can see where it can be needed for a couple games (completely disrupting player that ruins the game, lurkers that can't be replaced). But things like that are usually handled by a modkill if it gets really bad.
4) Lynch 'em.
5) Scum first unless if the 3rd party (like SK or cult recruiter) is really obvious.
6) TNG. I remember watching that every week with my family growing up.
7) Geordi <3
8) Riker. He plays the trombone. That's sweet.
9) No.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Post by Shed »

In post 85, Pressed Bunson wrote:
Vote: Jason

For the reasons given by Gray Ice.

That's a convincing vote.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 am

Post by Shed »

In post 98, Pressed Bunson wrote:...I look like scum now, don't I?

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is scum until proven otherwise. Only reason why I'm not going to give you too much shit right now is due to your reg date. How much experience do you have?
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Shed »

In post 100, shos wrote:
In post 99, Shed wrote:
In post 98, Pressed Bunson wrote:...I look like scum now, don't I?

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is scum until proven otherwise. Only reason why I'm not going to give you too much shit right now is due to your reg date. How much experience do you have?

your reg date isn't quite so many ages ago too, you know. same question you asked - I ask you.

noted that you noticed that fact, tho.

I played one full game as town and replaced into one as scum on these boards.

Played one gigantic 53? Player game on a different forum pretty recently.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 am

Post by Shed »

@Jason: it's a lot more interesting to me that he considers Pressed Bunson confirmed town already rather than labeling 4 people as scum. Although pushing for a lynch before everyone's posted is kinda off.

@Gray: What makes Pressed confirmed town?

@everyone else: Wake up.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Shed »

In post 132, GreyICE wrote:Pressed Bunson is guaranteed to be town because he read his own post and said "Holy shit, that's scummy" ... AFTER HE POSTED IT

Jesus Christ, newbie scum double check themselves so often it's not even funny. They're like "holy shit maybe THIS reveals that I'm scum! Maybe THAT is a scum tell!" Etc Etc.

No way Pressed Bunson just hits "Submit" as scum without double checking to make sure his own post isn't hyper scummy.

-----------------------

Hyperion should follow the realization that Shos is scum with a vote for Shos.

iD could easily be some bullshit nonsense, I'm happy with a vigilante putting a bullet in his head (but theme games have been light on vigilantes recently... it's sad).

In post 139, shos wrote:any answer about that RQS and about the fact that he indeed answered each and every one of GreyICE's posts. I've already explained why I did not vote him then.

Greyice, you have yet to answer the questions.

@gray it's one thing if pressed backtracked on her vote immediately, but she didn't until attention was brought out to it. Newbscum do care about how they look and an immediate "oh shit that looked scummy" could be a scum trying to cover up her trail. But yea I can see what you mean too. I don't think she's confirmed town tho, too early to tell. Seems weird that you are buddying up to her already.

I'll add more when I'm home from work, I hate typing on my phone. Btw pressed you didn't need to post a link to your other games on a different site but I do like to look at meta for scum hunting, so thank you for that.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Shed »

Dunno why it quoted shos but I am not getting a good vibe from him at all. Too much defending this early in the game.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:42 am

Post by Shed »

Ok just got home, but here are some of the reads from rereading the thread quick:

Hyperion: I'm liking this replacement. He's been the most active when it comes to scumhunting so far it seems like. Not really tunneling but is actually feeling out different people in the game. Scumhunting isn't just for 1 person, it's for the entire team + possibly a 3rd party.
Gray: Kind of intrigued by his play, I haven't looked at meta yet so I don't know if that's just how he rolls or what. Doesn't really back his reads too well aside from Pressed who he is buddying up to. Didn't really give any cases for Jason or Shos aside from "guys he's scum, vote." Relied on other players to build cases.
Jason: Actually gave reasons for his non RVS vote. But is focused on Gray a lot. Kind of makes the read null because I'm not sure how to read the bickering between those two.
Shos: Spending an awful a lot of time defending rather than scum hunting as stated before. I haven't looked at his meta yet but there's zero scum hunting from him. Give us reads.
Pressed: I really want to give her a pass but the backtracking still bothers me. The buddying is making it worse. Would like to see some input from her.
id: Not contributing at all and focused on finding out who is Harry Kim. Dunno what to think. Actually wouldn't be surprised if he was 3rd party. Do like the pictures though haha.
PM: Null... not much to work on. It's kind of like giving a solid read on a player who hasn't even posted yet. If he's town I'd suspect that someone might set him up for a ML - fitz and I mislynched him in LYLO even tho PM was an uncountered JK. He's a VI as town. No idea how he plays as scum.
Maestro: Null but he was pretty good as town in the game we played together. Interested in his reads.
Zdenek: Not much to work off either. Null.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Shed »

Ok I read through some of shos's postings in other games. He gets extremely defensive as town and seems more relaxed as scum. I don't think he got too much heat in his scum game though (nice modkill). He did more scumhunting in both town/scum games than he currently is in this one. I don't think meta is helping his case that much.

I'll get to Gray's meta later, need to cook dinner etc.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Shed »

I tried to read the linked threads to check out Gray's meta, it seems pretty similar, if only a little more aggressive when he's scum. He's pretty good at blending his different styles though for better or worse.

@Gray: I have a hard time telling who is town and who is not especially on the first day. I'm scared of mislynching town. But...

@shos: You're not sure what to think of the conversation but need others to come up with thoughts on it? Tell us your pov, tell us your reads. Why should we vote for Gray over you? Your vote is still on him but you think he's just VI now?
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Shed »

Yeeeeeah... While I don't like gray I can't not see shos as scum right now. Holy shit. Gray is even more helpful to town than him.

vote: shos
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

Post by Shed »

In post 202, GreyICE wrote:
In post 201, Shed wrote:Yeeeeeah... While I don't like gray I can't not see shos as scum right now. Holy shit. Gray is even more helpful to town than him.

vote: shos

Am curious why you don't like me.

If your theory is correct I identified scum on page 4, and have been pushing him for the following 5 pages.

That'd pretty much make me awesome, yes?

Mainly because I thought the whole exchange between you and Jason was dumb and for awhile it seemed like you were just picking random people and going "hey this dude is scum." This page in particular you've been a lot better though, and it's starting to remind me of some of the more unconventional players I've played with.

Are vigs pretty common in 13 player games?
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Shed »

In post 213, PMysterious wrote:Um, I've pretty sure they are.

Okay.

Now that you're posting, what are your thoughts so far?

In post 216, shos wrote:Shed, explain why i am scum

You post a lot of fluff with very little solid content and aren't really backing your half-written cases. Plus, as pointed out by others - your vote seems off, why are you keeping it on someone who might be a VI? Tell me why Gray is scum in your own words.

(Tell your gf to turn on autocorrect too)
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:28 am

Post by Shed »

In post 229, drmyshotgun wrote:I think PM should claim just in case.

In post 233, drmyshotgun wrote:So, are we name-claiming?

Why do you want claims so bad in d1?

In post 234, Zdenek wrote:
In post 146, Shed wrote:@gray it's one thing if pressed backtracked on her vote immediately, but she didn't until attention was brought out to it. Newbscum do care about how they look and an immediate "oh shit that looked scummy" could be a scum trying to cover up her trail. But yea I can see what you mean too. I don't think she's confirmed town tho, too early to tell. Seems weird that you are buddying up to her already.

This is just nonsense. You explain exactly why GreyICE is wrong and then say you can see where he's coming from.

I like looking at both POVs early game. Helps me solidify my readings later on when I start to go back to review consistency. Doesn't mean I agree with Gray, just means I don't 100% think his view was BS.

In post 234, Zdenek wrote:
In post 147, Shed wrote:Dunno why it quoted shos but I am not getting a good vibe from him at all. Too much defending this early in the game.

In post 155, Shed wrote:Ok I read through some of shos's postings in other games. He gets extremely defensive as town and seems more relaxed as scum. I don't think he got too much heat in his scum game though (nice modkill). He did more scumhunting in both town/scum games than he currently is in this one. I don't think meta is helping his case that much.

I'll get to Gray's meta later, need to cook dinner etc.

So you think he's defending too much and that he get's defensive as town, but that his meta doesn't help his case? That makes no sense to me.

His lack of scum hunting is what ruined the meta reading. If he was scum hunting as well? Then I'd be in more support of it.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Shed »

PM's claim is pretty specific, I don't know if I like the vote on him.

PM's softclaimed like this before in previous games as town.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:43 am

Post by Shed »

In post 249, drmyshotgun wrote:Oh, Maestro was in this game? Hiya!

I don't think we need PM's power too much. Let's kill it anyways?
I'm not even sure what that does still.

His claim hasn't been countered as a character that would probably be pretty pro-town, he's participating now, and you still want him killed?

You're not even trying.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Shed »

In post 260, Maestro wrote:@Shed: Did you miss the part where some of us think we don't need his power? Did you also miss the part where I gave him his claimname?

Nope, see the post that I quoted.

I also know and understand the possibility of you feeding him a nameclaim, but the claim prior to that still sounds legit.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Shed »

I want to see drmyshotgun's reads. He hasn't contributed anything. About the only "good" thing he did was bandwagon on the vote.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Shed »

I think we're missing the pressure of a deadline, which helps encourage people to vote and offer reads rather than sit in the background.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by Shed »

There is none; we have to request one. At least a third of us have to agree to it.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by Shed »

I also support a deadline.

I will have to give this thread a serious re-read tomorrow. Hopefully drmyshotgun will provide us his reads and Shinori too.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Shed »

In post 336, Maestro wrote:HyPeriOn, spell my name right if you're going to vote me.

Maestro :( Why are you defensive about that vote on you?
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Shed »

1243 he was pretty much the VI and easy to take advantage of in lylo. I didn't see any real good scumhunting although he did catch onto scumfitz at the end with his vote - just didn't include any explanation with it which killed his credentials to a town player. He's definitely not a troll, just gets involved in too many games.

You sound pretty confident that he's dying tonight, drmyshotgun.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Shed »

I think your vote on PM is misguided especially since we're dealing with a full, uncountered claim in D1. But you're being relentless and at least tried to build a solid case. I'll get back to you after this:

##vote Maestro

I remember from the Classroom you were much more well-spoken and actively scumhunted. Right now you're not really participating aside from asking random questions and getting possibly defensive over a vote. What's going on?
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Shed »

The double # is from another website. I'll fix that.

Maestro, can you try to give me a reason why this vote on you isn't warranted? You were super obviously townie in our last game together. Anything aside from lack of interest?

I do kind of agree with you that I am not the biggest fan of some of the player base here and as such this will probably be my last game. But at the same time I don't want to screw town over at all.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Shed »

Fixed btw

vote: Maestro
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Shed »

I'm not really getting the Shin votes right off the bat.

Maestro's play is still bothering me.

Vote: Maestro
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 am

Post by Shed »

In post 472, Maestro wrote:
In post 468, Shed wrote:I'm not really getting the Shin votes right off the bat.

Maestro's play is still bothering me.

Vote: Maestro

Oh hello. How're you today? Right, I forgot some people have lousy manners. How could I ever forget? Please explain what it is about the nature of my gameplay is bothering you.

Just the lack of participation, and while your hammer was a good call, it seemed kind of weird how it happened - you didn't really know it was hammer.

But, I think I'm going to need to reread you.

unvote: Maestro
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 am

Post by Shed »

In post 495, Yates wrote:FYI - I will be out of the Country until September 3 starting tomorrow evening and will, therefore, have EXTREMELY limited access if any. I'd really like to have this part wrapped up by tonight if at all possible...
In post 479, Yates wrote:
@ Zdenek, Shed, and Shotty
- Your responses would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Obviously if you are scum, feel free to take your time. I will accept your lack of answer as admittance of guilt.

I would have protected either Hyperion or LLD. Hyperion because he was one of my better town reads, or LLD for the double vote push for shos. I don't really see a double-voter scumbro bussing their partner like that in day 1.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:26 am

Post by Shed »

Are you trying to fish for a claim, Yates?
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Shed »

I'd rather not massclaim. That's pretty detrimental to town at this stage in the game.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Shed »

Well, there are more than 1-2 type of roles that visit people at night.

BTW - Shotty, I am definitely not denying I visited you last night. I did.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Shed »

In post 515, Yates wrote:
In post 511, Shed wrote:Well, there are more than 1-2 type of roles that visit people at night.

Yup. There are watchers. There are cops. There are docs. Then there are various scum roles.

You aren't a watcher, because I am. You aren't a cop, because the presence of a watcher more or less disproves the existence of a cop in a game this size. You aren't a doctor, because you said you would have protected Hyperion or LLD.

What am I missing? I see scum opportunities but not a lot of Town options...

You're missing quite a few actually.

I am curious why you chose to watch drmyshotgun. I will claim if town wants me to, but I need to eat dinner first.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Shed »

I'm not on board to revote Maestro after rereading his posts. I'll have to give a few others some reads, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow because migraines suck.

Like I said, I'm not going to claim unless if town truly feels it's beneficial. It still feels like role fishing to me.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Shed »

@Mod and everyone else: Due to some health reasons last night I cannot put any heart into this game right now. I think if the mod allows, it's better for everyone to get a replacement for this slot rather than let it idle.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”