Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 6, Plum wrote:VOTE: mykonian

Man, I'm
pumped
for this game.
glad you show it this way. I'm happy to see you as well.

Brian Skies - has a mind
ActionDan - should I know you? probably. Name rings a bell
Kazekirimaru - scumbag, even if the mod sent him a town pm on accident
Bert - ernie was a better nickname
BROseidon - no clue
Plum - well clearly you know who I am...
Kagami - seen you before
Pieguyn - no clue
Paschendale - taking a guess you aren't Belgian. Such a shame
F-16_Fighting_Falcon - lets get this out of the way, shall we? I meant what I said last game.
Tammy - oooh, we are gonna have fun!
zMuffinMan - you again? I know you. I think. I should.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #183 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:49 am

Post by mykonian »

It's pleasant to see such youthful exuberance, but you'll have to excuse me, I'm not yet able to reply.

Lets read what you've said so far :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #184 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 am

Post by mykonian »

Bert claim. Fine. Sounds like something for the next couple of days.
In post 48, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 45, pieguyn wrote:but if F-16 and I were scum would we really buddy each other out in the open like this?
WIFOM. Not helping your case.
Can you please stop being a scumbag. As a person. It's messing with my reads.
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:If we were judging based on flavor, Annie would make no sense as a miller given how the manga goes (btw the manga is like 10000000x better than the anime). Since flavor isn't alignment indicative, Bert's probably town.*

I'm assuming F-16 has some sort of history with pie that would cause him to reach out there over me or muffin.

wtf is Mykonian's read list.

VOTE: Pie

I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear. It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later.

*subject to change based on how much he leverages the equity on his claim. Weak thing also needs to be explained.
idk, it was late, and I wanted to have a post out but couldn't actually get my mind going. So I wrote up what I thought of the playerlist. Get acquainted, I guess. Also, I'm aware I might not always be the most easy person, and some of the people playing were in recent games... might help to tell them what I think without playing the game yet. Avoid the worst about it this game, I guess.
In post 91, Kagami wrote:Don't fish for this kaze, he's legit.
AAAAARG. The amount of truth in these words hurt my eyes.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if F-16 was scum this game. Post 92 is not town at all. 4 pages to go but I don't think I'll find a better vote that easily.

vote f16

Paschendale's entrance is decent.

hmm. Mod stepping in, but I think that goes either way. It's usually a bad sign. But I think I have to give pitoli the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe she would rather put that sentence out if bert is indeed town and we confirm him without intended reason, but on the other hand, I don't know pitoli well enough to say she wouldn't pity town "confirming" scum as town under false assumptions.

But please, please be careful pitoli. Kaze speaks some true words in 124. Shame it's to the mod, if only he could be just as reasonable when playing a game...

oooh, pie likes me! woo. Hi pie! Def taking pie's side in 165. Lets not seem ungrateful to subdued buddying. It's an art.

Also without joking, pie is right about bro's defense. It's awkward, it's contained on purpose, it's discrediting rather then addressing. It doesn't look good. Don't know bro well enough to say it's style or allignment.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #185 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:24 am

Post by mykonian »

I think I'd like more time to sort out bro. As said, I don't actually know him and I could be reading things he considers normal. Like our beloved Kaze, the permanent scum.

I have seen f-16 before, a couple of times now. I think I've started to get a feel for the guy. Possibly maybe. I think that's the first place we should look.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #197 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:06 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 191, pieguyn wrote:myko stop voting F-16 and sheep me onto BRO

he was scum v. me in this game. in that game the game was in MYLO on D3 (there were 7 people alive with 2 scum), although we didn't know it. BRO as scum had got lynched on D2 and the two remaining scum were his partners (zmuffin and GIF/Nacho hydra). I pegged one of the scum, had the other scum as my 3rd, but then got manipulated onto my other scumread who wasn't scum on the basis that it wasn't XYLO and lost the game bc of that.

the point is, BRO knows I get sidetracked easily, and he also knows that I don't back down often, based on a 1v1 I had early game v. Varsoon (this was also where I referenced him making a sketchy jump early game). so that kind of defense is exactly what I would expect from scum-BRO in this kind of situation. "oh look, pie's making an early push on me. I'll just completely brush it off, then respond with some aggression so that he backs off and goes to look elsewhere! I don't even have to address anything which will give him a foothold to make a better push on me, so that I get to avoid an early game push from him. and no one will notice how I'm not actually answering anything at all bc of all the towncred I get by pointing out the flaw in Kagami's plan." ok mb that was exaggerated a bit but you get the idea
that last paragraph is not that great pie. Please leave that out, you'll be turning people off. That's classic tunneling, it's looking for meaning in random things and paranoia about a person you know. Your points are valid otherwise, just don't bring that up, please.

Also, F-16 is more obvious. Lets get him first.
In post 190, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:What about didn't you like, Mykonian?
the manner of posting. I seriously doubt you could have made that post as town. Even if that could happen, you wouldn't been very enthusiastic about it if you were town. You would rather have written something different.
In post 194, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 183, mykonian wrote:It's pleasant to see such youthful exuberance, but you'll have to excuse me, I'm not yet able to reply.

Lets read what you've said so far :)
Emoticons! myko is town!
I'm pretty sure I explained why that tell works on me. Makes it a bit doubtful. Lets not do a double wifom dance here. Making a tell out of someone overcompensating conciously isn't very advisable, I'd say.

I'm also rather curious about the plum mumblings. How many of you know her?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #198 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:07 am

Post by mykonian »

also, kaze, now you are here. You can see why 92 is scummy, right? I only have to explain to f-16 why he got caught, I hope. He's obviously unaware or he wouldn't have made 92.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #200 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:13 am

Post by mykonian »

I mean, if I took the time I could write a nice wall with tells and analysis and far fetched theories that I believe in and you invariably are skeptic about (general "you"). It's a post that's out of place in the game and in f-16's way of playing. It doesn't fit at all, it stands out, it stands out in a way that's scummy.

I think it'd be productive to at least hear if someone in this town is on some similar wavelength, or if I really have to wall it up again and be disappointed by your responses again :(
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #204 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:19 am

Post by mykonian »

bit enthusiastic, nothing I esspecially dislike yet. He doesn't trip many of the common general tells, so there's no direct reason to go after him straight away.

So at the moment I still have too few scum to work with. There are some townreads forming. But at lot of things will require time. I know only a couple of you and that doesn't help. If scum isn't stupid and doesn't run into common tells, all that's left is getting to know the people and see what makes sense.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #206 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:20 am

Post by mykonian »

guys, does anyone of you know plum?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #209 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 am

Post by mykonian »

heh, seen enough dear ;)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #221 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:44 am

Post by mykonian »

and if that isn't the case, it's kagami who was quick of mind. That'd be a nice gambit. Low risk high reward etc. Confirm "just" bert (soz, but you know what I mean) while setting up a fakeclaim straight away, and getting a ton of towncred if nobody is ticked off by you thinking about the setup so much.

it's not out of the question. I know if I was well awake and my fakeclaim was something "weak human" or it was talked about by the mod or anything, it only takes some steady nerves to abuse Bert coming in like he did. I don't know kagami's nerves (yet). I don't think bert would claim the way he did if he were scum.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #226 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:49 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 224, Kagami wrote:
In post 221, mykonian wrote:and if that isn't the case, it's kagami who was quick of mind. That'd be a nice gambit. Low risk high reward etc. Confirm "just" bert (soz, but you know what I mean) while setting up a fakeclaim straight away, and getting a ton of towncred if nobody is ticked off by you thinking about the setup so much.

it's not out of the question. I know if I was well awake and my fakeclaim was something "weak human" or it was talked about by the mod or anything, it only takes some steady nerves to abuse Bert coming in like he did. I don't know kagami's nerves (yet). I don't think bert would claim the way he did if he were scum.
I would like to think I'm clever enough to do so, but if that were the case, pitoli's post would be a fairly severe violation of neutrality. It would also be very odd that there would only be a single "weak" human that is confusingly attached to the miller status, yet with weak being in a fake-claim.

Bert is town because
-he seems very genuinely confused about the weak thing
-his posts read like a bewildered townie
-I don't think scum would get a weak fake-claim with only one other weak player
-Since scum have been given fake-claims, why would they be given "Weak Human Miller" of all things?
Yup, you are right. There's where pitoli messes up. Goddamnit :(

so hi dear near confirmed town.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #235 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 am

Post by mykonian »

I fear that one, how annoying it is, is his meta. He doesn't feel like changing it or he enjoys abusing it as scum. Ticked me off before as well.

also, dan is town. Obvious, even, I think.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #253 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 236, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Do you have an actual townread on Dan or just because he voted for me? You are going down the conf-bias tunnel of thinking you know someone's meta like you did with Thor in the other game we played together. As far as Dan's play so far is concerned, I don't find him town at all.
No, because he's wrong about the reason. That makes him quite town.

Why? because that means I get the reasoning. The point he makes was the reason why I would often get a scumvibe from you early in the game. It takes a way of looking at things that I recognise, and I don't bother with it as scum. Also, he expects it to be obvious. It kind of is. It's hard to be that certain it's simple if you are scum and your cases are a usually a bit constructed.

Dan is as town as they get.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #255 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by mykonian »

the beauty of alts. Also, read a couple of other games last time for exactly the same reason as dan is voting you right now.

So, eh, no. You can keep trying, but you would really prefer to make a different post then 92 if you had been town.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #387 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:38 am

Post by mykonian »

tammy wrote:Myko - Could you just speak clearly and out with it? Your prolonging this thing about the falcon scum read and acting all secretive about it isn't helping. And I can't tell if I find you suspicious because I really think you're suspicious or because you're just irritating the hell out of me.
Hey, now you know how that feels as well :P I know we simply don't mesh well, Tammy.

Anyway, it's a basic early game play. It helps to see if some people see what you see without giving them the whole argument. On the other hand, it's awkward to defend against, and that helps giving a read. This is what we see here. F-16 lashes out, basically. To dan and I, who both approach the same way. See F-16's responses. First "you don't know me, we haven't played, you are wrong" till the last post I got till now that says "I never made a post like this as scum or town, show me one". This one is key.

F-16 never made a post like that because it's a weird one. Already said it, it doesn't fit, and if f-16 had been town he'd rather make a different post. Since this is basically a catch up post which don't get read, I'll get to it in the next one.
In post 272, BROseidon wrote:
In post 184, mykonian wrote:idk, it was late, and I wanted to have a post out but couldn't actually get my mind going. So I wrote up what I thought of the playerlist. Get acquainted, I guess. Also, I'm aware I might not always be the most easy person, and some of the people playing were in recent games... might help to tell them what I think without playing the game yet. Avoid the worst about it this game, I guess.
So there wasn't any intention off of it; nothing you were trying to gauge or push?
Oh, it's a post so there might be responses. Or not. At least you knew I was in the game and of who of you I still had a memory. I wasn't really in any state to do more than that at that moment, but it was a post and it had something to do with the game, so why not make it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #388 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:56 am

Post by mykonian »

Here we go. Anyway, want to remind you again, last piece of defense F-16 made was "I never made a post like that, you say it's scum, find me a scumgame where I made such a post". This is key, because it's indeed a post that doesn't get made by people unless something is going on. It took 12 pages now and only kaze comes with a vague "welll maybe I know what you are talking about but idk", so this is going to be hella exciting. Tammy's response was "I've seen f-16 make such analysis before". I suspected that, although I didn't know.
In post 92, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 68, pieguyn wrote:flavor doesn't determine alignment, which means that especially given annie's alignment in series was left unresolved annie's alignment in game could be just about anything

however roles should come from flavor and I'd expect smth like miller would

@F-16:
what made you sure on Bert-town? especially considering you said you don't trust early miller claims especially from someone like him. I still don't get the "weak" and there's still a chance annie as a character could be outright mafia based on the statement about flavor. did I miss smth 0.0
My "
I don't trust early miller claims
" was bait for Brian to see what he would do. In another game, Brian claimed miller and got lynched. Scum were both pushing on him. I felt that if Brian was town, he would sympathize with Bert and defend him. His fits that theory although it is matched with a good amount of paranoia as shown in .

Bert is a weaker townread based on his claim. I know Bert quite well now and he doesn't strike me as the gambiting scum type. He is very good at faking his town meta and paranoia as scum, and as such wouldn't want to risk being exposed. Also, Pitoli had a miller in her previous game so I wouldn't find it an odd role coming from Pitoli. I still need more interaction with Bert and for him to clarify what "weak" is supposed to mean in order to solidify that read.

Okay, so I read through Pitoli's last game and saw that Brian Skies immediately claimed miller upon entering the game.
I thought it would be interesting to analyze the reactions there to here.

Mini 1501: We're on a Boat

1) Grimgroove
YYR
- Doesn't vote the miller but picks up on a different scummy player (Aeronaut) and votes him instead.

2) notscience - Says that miller claims are absolutely null and WIFOM but is convinced enough to vote Brian upon CDB's request.

3) Yates
ChannelDelibird
- CDB asks in post 17 why Brian is acting as if claiming miller will allow him to live for a while. The motivation is a push for a information and potentially a lynch that day. In hindsight this appears to be a town motivation.

4) fferyllt - fferyllt picks up on something that Brian said about dying anyways and then inquires about it. The notable point is that she wants to know why Brian is thinking the way he does and tries to understand his thought process.

5) Albert B. Rampage
SleepyKrew
Aeronaut
- Says nothing about the miller claim but votes Brian.

6) CrashTextDummie - Lynch all D1 miller claims!

7) Garmr - "
Everyone seems to be claiming miller these days maybe it's a new meta rolling in.
" No engagement at all with the claim. There is also a lack of opportunism or jump onto the wagon. Speaks more to the skill of the player as opposed to alignment.

8) LolWagons
Smudger
- Smudger never played in a game with one before.

9) Peabody
Kazekirimaru
- Kaze in post 27 says he is not sure how to feel about the miller claim and says that it could be coming from town or faking scum. There is a lot of caution that is expressed here. Says later that miller claims in general are not null in post 62.

10)
Empire
Maestro
- Maestro says "
lol D1 Millerclaim, u so cute. I'll post later when I care.
" - This post shows comfort in the assumption that a miller claim is nothing of concern while not caring about much else. Empire initially hedges on the miller claim in his first post but in his initial reads list (ISO him), he lists Brian as one of his suspects and takes issue with the presentation of the miller claim.

11) Plum - Plum comes into the thread much after the miller wagon has formed and had been talked about. She takes an interesting stance of "
Three acceptances of he Miller claim as legit in a row. Huh. Personally am of the Llamafluff school of first-post Miller claims, and there are a good few I'd lynch before Brian on scumminess merit.
" in her first post. Then she starts attacking people for believing the miller claim.

12) SpyreX - Says that the miller claim is legit and jumps onto Aero. Says that scum would be opportunistic about it. Since he was the SK, I am not entirely sure if he was scumhunting or just pretending to.

Out of the players here, I found Plum's stance the most townish on a gut level. She seems to be very inquisitive and wants to find out more information about the miller and asks Bert questions to figure out whether he is town. As scum in the Boat game, she seemed very evasive about Brian's game and seemed to sweep it under the rug and started attacking people for believing the miller claim without actually being inquisitive and probing for more information so she could figure it out. She also spent a lot more time justifying her stance "Lllamafluff school of thought" etc.

I found Kaze's initial reaction scummy becuase he was a lot more cautious to a previous miller claim. However, his insistence in the Boat game that a miller claim is not null followed by his push on Bert here actually makes a lot more sense as town because he seems to have differing reactions based on each claim. He doesn't believe that it is actually null, and in this game, he seems to believe that it is scummy. Kaze, I would like to know what your reasons are and how you differentiate the miller claims.
Bolded one line, cause I want to answer to it. He thinks it's interesting to analyse the reactions of a previous game to a miller claim. Okay... The link is three players and that the mod is the same.

Now, this is page four. What sensible person would put a rather big amount of effort into doing analysis on a different game that early, with that little to gain? Basically, his analysis does very little only put a little bit of doubt on kaze, and F-16 is very passive with the last paragraph as well. It's big effort, low gain, but damn it looks nice.

If a town would have had to make a post in the same spot, he'd comment on
this
game. He wouldn't put a huge effort post that soon into the game because his information still was limited, and in 20 pages he might gain more from a comparison between playstyles in both games, not after 4 pages here. He wouldn't basically put more time in that game then the one he's in
after 4 pages

That's why that post stands out so much, first regardless of player. It's an effort post that comes way too soon, it's showing off while doing very little. F-16 pushed kaze again just 2 pages ago and he doesn't mention this post anymore, where he's analysing kaze and comes out with a negative result. And I've seen F-16 now a couple of games, and this is not how he starts out. If anything, F-16's early game is characterized by timidity, he's always watching the game rather then doing stuff till very late in the day compared to other players. The post doesn't make sense for a general townie, and it doesn't make sense for f-16.

It would make a lot of sense if f-16 is aware he makes analysis posts more often (which is why I'm glad someone recognizes that, because I hadn't seen him make such a one), and that it "fits his meta". It might fit his meta, but the timing is way off. It's a scummy post and it really stands out as such. Which is why halfway my first catchup (since you posted 6 pages in the time I slept then, I think), I already thought that there wouldn't appear a better vote in the next 4 pages. It really is that big.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #392 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:52 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 389, Brian Skies wrote:I think Dan is town. Myko less town because he's just kind of piggybacking the argument.
Lets be clear about this one, I'm not. I think Dan thinks correctly, but that the thing he's voting f-16 for is normal for f-16. It ticked me off before as well, I know it's scummy in general, but the tell doesn't work for F-16. All it tells me is that Dan is looking at the game in a way that I can understand and that's town.
In post 389, Brian Skies wrote:I don't understand why this question is so important. Even if we did know her, there's no guarantee we'd be able to pick up on whatever it is that's tipping you off to her alignment.
ok, I don't know plum all that well and you can think what you want of the next little piece of text.

I think mafia is a social game. I don't think we are nice little logical machines who try to find scum and lynch them. Because that would imply we'd lynch everybody equally, depending on reads, which we clearly don't. We lynch some people more, some people less, and part of that has to do with social groups etc. Or in simple words, we are less likely to lynch someone we like, feel more paranoid about someone we know, but on the other hand we do keep back from outright lynching them (why else would paranoia be so powerful in those cases). You can agree with me or not in that case. Now, as far as I can see, plum used to fall squarely in the "liked" catagory. Nice person etc, posts well and thoughtful, is known to be a decent player. All in all, squarely falling in the catagory that I would expect to not be lynched a lot in a group of players that knew her.

Which is why the undercurrent that names plum is surprising to me. It's different than what I expected from this game and I'm trying to find out if the reasons is either that people simply don't know her, or because I'm wrong about my assumptions about her, or because scum is somehow mingling in that discussion and amplifying the noise it's making in this game. Regardless, it says very little about plum's allignment. It might say something about the people talking about her.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #401 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:43 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 399, Tammy wrote:Myko - I didn't say I've seen falcon do that before, I said it's the type of analysis I'd expect from falcon. He's very meta heavy and comparative in his analysis.

Falcon - what is your read on pascendale?
the exact same reasoning goes...

I mean, this way we could talk to eachother and people won't know we aren't married. Jeez. (YOU ARE THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON IN THE WORLD AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”