Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #852 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Syryana »

I just couldn't say no to puppies and seals at the same time. Goddamnit.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!

Pedit: I haven't even decided yet if I'm
going
to catch up, dear boy. I'm toying with the idea of just jovially going with it.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #855 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 853, Garmr wrote:that pic creeps me out a little shivers.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #857 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Syryana »

This probably means people be lurkin.

Who be lurkin, squirrel boy?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #858 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Syryana »

And while you're answering that, you can tell me why DDD is at L-3. And why you're voting him.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #872 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 860, The Purple Plague wrote:I'm pretty prepared to lynch Selkies and I don't think DBK-slot is scum, but if you believe in your heart of hearts that LLD is town, I can shelve that paranoia away for a later day.
You want to lynch Fery already???

In post 861, The Purple Plague wrote:hey syr!
did you see what i just posted?
I did! Why the fery scumread? Why do you think my slot is town? Why do you think LLD is scum? If I were going to go back and selectively read the first 35 pages, which parts do you consider the most important for me to look at?
In post 863, Selkies wrote: I remember this gif!

You replaced what wound up being my strongest day 1 townread. This makes me happy.
Why was DBK your numbah 1 townread? Who ya wanna lynch and why? If I were going to go back and selectively read the first 35 pages, which parts do you consider the most important for me to look at?
In post 866, Selkies wrote:Day 1 ended prematurely I was pretty happy with a good handful of townreads but hadn't PoE'd it down far enough. Had hoped we'd growl at each other for a while, and move the vote someplace besides Smudger.
Who were the townreads? If you hoped to have a fight with Nacho, why didn't you? Did you think Smudger was a bad lynch?
In post 871, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Sure, or it was the freaking holidays which means I was never home. Beyond that you want to know one of the biggest reasons why I'm stuck in limbo? Because frankly I want to poke at LLD, the vote yesterday sucked and she just sat on it. There are several problems here, she's not posting but then again I wasn't posting maybe she's lurking but maybe the holidays happened to her as well and I can't fault anyone for that, then there's the fact that I never seem to read her quite right her faux-rage always makes me read town and the apathy I usually associate with scum showed up more in the League mafia when she was town which means I never know what to think with her and finally I'm not sure that's a fight I want to pick simply because it'll be a pain in the ass no matter what I decide in the end.
This kinda makes me want to lynch you. Let's shelve LLD for a moment. What are your top two townreads and scumreads? Why?

I'd also like to hear things from Cabd and Nastyrasha. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #960 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Syryana »

I'm alive!

I'll get back to doing things this evening.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #966 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 877, walked into a club wrote:VOTE: Garmr

So I happen to know something you don't want us knowing. Care to explain it to the class?
Here we go...
In post 878, Garmr wrote:
In post 877, walked into a club wrote:VOTE: Garmr

So I happen to know something you don't want us knowing. Care to explain it to the class?
???? I don't know wtf your on about care to explain.
VOTE: Garmr
In post 879, The Purple Plague wrote: Hey Syry!

my reads kinda line up with nacho's quite nicely. the DBK read is especially one that I like

everyone who isn't LLD, DDD, or Selkies are decently town
Hi Mara!

Why don't
you
like DDD or Selkies?
In post 881, Garmr wrote:I'm really interested Cabd now and what gambit his pulling this time.
I'm really curious as to where he got the idea that Cabd is gambiting here.
In post 884, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:oh I cannot wait until I get back into a place where my posts won't be coming from a well of pure rage.

Because if I had to post today, I think I'd probably tear Nacho a couple new assholes, just so he can get out all his bullshit easier.
I think your rage is hilarious. Go for it!
In post 888, The Purple Plague wrote:Syryana: I'm thinking your slot is town because DBK was genuine as fuck and I'm pretty sure his scumgame doesn't look anything like that. LLD scum for a moment was because I had a paranoid moment because I was getting boxed in by townreads, but then I realized Natirasha and Cabd townreads aren't actually made out of anything solid so Kanye held my hand and told me everything was okay again and I'm generally doing okay.
Kanye is a top tier townread for you, then?
In post 894, The Purple Plague wrote:your plum read is the strongest evidence of you being town, for some strange reason. I sort of liked Nati trying to bait the SK but when the most significant thing he's done is hunt for a third party then well, I'm not really that satisfied with him being town. Kanye read is usually a read based on what pushes he makes and his interactions with me; not too much more although he does have his extremely town moments. We are currently decently synced up now, so he is not a worry for me.
Not to sidetrack things with tinfoil hats, but are we currently thinking vig or SK?
In post 897, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Note to self: honesty not effective, resume lying as town. Scum reads: living people on the Smudger wagon, it was a bad wagon. Town reads: PA due to likely masonness, I would've said Garmr but there might be something interesting going on there, too early to tell.
In post 887, The Purple Plague wrote: If you want to poke at LLD, poke at her. You actually putting your balls to the wall and going after someone who will "rip you a few assholes" would certainly go a long way towards me reading you as town; all I can see here is "I have no scumreads except someone who I can't read worth a shit" which is :neutral: for many reasons.
Thanks for the blandtastic advice, if I wanted to do something rest assured I would. And trust me I'm opportunistic enough that I calculated in the value of town-cred for playing with LLD in my calculations. Unfortunately, I remain confident of my ability to talk my way out of anything and that road still seems both ineffective and unfun.
I don't want to lynch you anymore! Why was the Smudger wagon a bad wagon, in your opinion (other than he's a dead townie, obv)
In post 874, Selkies wrote:, both came off really town to me in a "yeah I suck at this game" way, but he kept scumhunting. I disagreed with his Smudger vote and the reasons that started around , but I thought they were internally consistent in a tone-deaf sort of way that he'd also shown earlier with his Plum suspicions. There was a sheeping feel to his reversal on Smudger around , but he'd already kind of latched on to NachoMara and he'd also said pretty early on that he didn't trust his own scumhunting skills and felt he did better listening to other's arguments. If he's scum, that was a masterful set up and a masterful emulation of confused but giving it his best shot town. I don't get why he'd replace out with a feeling lost sort of reason after accomplishing that.
So he's town for being consistent and that you don't think he's able to fake being confused as scum, yes?
In post 874, Selkies wrote:The players I'm somewhat familiar with look town this time out. I was scumreading PA but that's evidently me being butthurt over NY164. I was suspicious of her in the Space Mini Normal on day 2, and that turned out to be wrong. Ironically, She was a mason in that game, and her mason partner died on night 1. I was hoping to pick Nacho's brains some more about LLD, Kanye and DDD. I posted earlier why I think DDD's play this game looks town, but it's pretty thin meta soup. I have
that game
for experiential meta, and a newbie game where he was scum that I read in real time.
So, why aren't you picking Nacho's brains?
In post 874, Selkies wrote:
In post 866, Selkies wrote:Day 1 ended prematurely I was pretty happy with a good handful of townreads but hadn't PoE'd it down far enough. Had hoped we'd growl at each other for a while, and move the vote someplace besides Smudger.
Who were the townreads? If you hoped to have a fight with Nacho, why didn't you? Did you think Smudger was a bad lynch?
At first I thought Smudger was posting a lot of insults without giving any indication that he was interacting with scumreads, or even people he had questions about.

When he was first run up, his reaction looked pretty damn town, though. I pushed Nacho on that read and I think he agreed with me, at least for a while.

We didn't get things sorted out day 1 because (IMO) premature hammer. Nacho indicated he wanted more time to sort me before day 1 ended . I replied . Kanye hammered before we had that convo .
I seem to recall something about a penultimate votecount where you swapped from Smudger to PA and put PA at L-1. If you were/are concerned about things not getting sorted because of premature hammers (and you've been burned by that... a lot) why were you putting someone else at L-1?

In post 874, Selkies wrote:Town reads:

PA - the middle of the game-night communications channeled by sixty were convincing enough for me to do a major rethink.

Garmr - meta read. This game he's not playing exactly like he did in our two earlier games, but there's a meta-trajectory to what has changed, and I think it's a town-game evolution, not a scum game. I posted some scathing feedback along with an ISO analysis in the space game while I was waiting to be hammered.

DBK/You - explained above. Don't break my heart.

Walked into a Club (Cabd/Mala) - minor concerns at times on day 1 but cabd tried to peel me off the PA wagon and I don't see why he'd care as scum. If anything it seems like the wagon on the stronger player going through would have benefited scum more at least in the short term. (yeah, yeah, terrifying scum game. I'm working pretty hard at not going into paranoid tailspins around him).

Purple Plague should be a stronger read probably, but nacho. Recent history says I can't read him for shit but I'm always optimistic that \I'll get him right next time. Until it's next time. In our last few games I think we've both been very suspicious of each other at first when town. The one that gets there first maybe gets a townread from the one who lags a little.
Middle of the night game communications? Why do you think Garmr's uh, "evolution"? is townish and not scummish?

What do you think of the whole Garmr/Cabd situation now?

I'll probably break your heart, but it won't be because of my alignment!
In post 940, Natirasha wrote:VOTE: Garmr

TPP is probably SK, Selkies is probably scum and Cabd is probably town.
I want to be in your headspace. TPP as SK? Cabd town? Explain pleeeeeease?

On an unrelated note, penguin_alien is town as fuck.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #971 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 967, kanyeknowsbest wrote:yeah, yeah, me too. i want everyone to know that i also think the mason is town and i have a townread on them.
Mason?
In post 968, kanyeknowsbest wrote:do you disagree w. cabd town syrory?
Disagree is a strong word. Moreso "not sold on" or "paranoid as fuck". Of course, the only thing I've seen from him thus far is his Garmr thing.
In post 969, Natirasha wrote:Um...you realize pa is confirmed mason, right?

And TPP because I think Mara overreacted to my pushing the second killer in a way that suggests inside knowledge.

Selkies because reasons(not role related).

Cabd because I'm not seeing the agenda he typically has as scum.
Well, that explains the kanye sarcasm tags.

I'm going to have to go back and read where you were pushing the second killer. Roughly where did it start?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #974 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 972, kanyeknowsbest wrote:do you not check flips/night posts when you replace into a game?
Didn't this time, because I wasn't actually expecting to be here.
In post 973, Natirasha wrote:Literally start of day two.
Thanks!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #976 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 975, kanyeknowsbest wrote:what. when you replaced in you werent actually expecting to replace in ?
That's correct. I didn't even know this game existed until about 5 minutes before I got me role PM. Looked at the playerlist and the flips in the OP, and off I went!

Also Nati, that was fascinating.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #979 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 977, kanyeknowsbest wrote:why did you sound so surprised at the word mason then?
"Mason?" was short for "There's a mason?".
In post 978, Natirasha wrote:What was? My delve into the minds of a serial killer?
That whole exchange in general. Mara's reaction was interesting to say the least.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #999 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 997, walked into a club wrote:Not like the battery is falling quickly or anything. Not like there's obvscum waiting to get lynched or anything.
In post 998, Natirasha wrote:I'm doing my job.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1008 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1003, kanyeknowsbest wrote:idk when he tells me that he looked at the flips i take that to mean that he actually read the flip information, where it very clearly says mason nightposter. he then put on a show of deliberately calling pa super towny and acted surprised that there could be a mason in the game and thats all just very :I for me.

i mean, i get lazy replacement. thats 100% me as well. i dont read shit when i replace in but you better believe i at least read the fliplist and see what alignments/roles have flipped already. so im havin a lot of trouble seeing this mason surprise as not faked and when i think why would town syranio put on that show, i come up empty.
Dead mason != claimed living mason. Obv there's a mason left, didn't know it was PA cause didn't read midgame flip posting and OP don't have night message. I said PA was town as fuck because PA is town as fuck. Had I read the night message I wouldn't have bothered. Don't know what's so hard to understand about this.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1009 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1002, walked into a club wrote:He probably just saw the names and colors and went on his merry way.
You know me so well.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1011 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Syryana »

I've seen you a lot as scum, penguin. I've
never
seen you this townie. Like, ever. It's pretty refreshing, actually.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1017 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Syryana »

Not even remotely interested in a DDD lynch right now.

@Mod, fix the VC to reflect Magua being in the game now? Thx

Just because you asked nicely. ~ty
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1043 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1018, The Purple Plague wrote:
In post 1016, penguin_alien wrote:He couldn't say I was scum for the case, but he could try to paint me as a...how to put this...big meanie. Only problem was that when asked what provoked his initial reaction to my case, he cited a post that came after his response. Whoops.
So, I don't really understand why this makes Garmr scum
You think Garmr's reaction to PA was townish? Why?
In post 1018, The Purple Plague wrote:as for DDD?

you don't think his lack of participation is sounds of alarm?
He's participated more than, say, LLD thus far. At least in what I've read. Is lack of activity your only reason for DDD-scum? (I'm including the lack of sorting people under lack of activity)
In post 1019, The Purple Plague wrote:I also think Selkies is a little underwhelming, and not at all what I expect to come from selkies town
What would you expect that you haven't seen?
In post 1022, Magua wrote:I gather that penguin alien is some kind of confirmed mason, so hooray?
If you haven't read anything, how do you know this?
In post 1022, Magua wrote:For Syryana, I wanna know if you're going to give a shit this game compared to Faraday's.
Actually, I plan to give even
less
of a shit than in Faraday's game. I'm just here for the seal pictures. You should policy lynch me immediately!
In post 1024, Selkies wrote:
In post 1023, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I like Mags snark. Reminds me if obstinate towns inve played with.

Sorry for missing that, you still around?
Hi orc!
In post 1025, Selkies wrote:I think Bo needs more suspicion
Bo's a sneaky fucker, you should never trust him.
In post 1023, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I like Mags snark. Reminds me if obstinate towns inve played with.
Never seen scum snark before?
In post 1030, Selkies wrote:Like I said, I think the snark is town. I had to replace into a heavily scummy slot and I was a lot less chill than Magua.
This seems overly naive, coming from you.
In post 1037, Selkies wrote:
In post 1035, penguin_alien wrote:Forced lynch pool? You want Syryana added to the options under discussion, vote him and the wagon will be as serious as DDD's is. What do you think of his posting though, since you don't hold replacements' predecessors against them?
Syrs posting is underwhelming
DON'T YOU RAG ON MY POSTING MOTHERFUCKER

AND WHY THE FUCK IS THE WORD UNDERWHELMING SO POPULAR TODAY

Ahem. You gonna do somethin bout your suspicions, or what?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1045 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by Syryana »

Underwhelming.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1046 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Post by Syryana »

But really I don't know; I want her to come in here and say shit. I'm sympathetic, because I know she's working on the rage thing, but I'd rather her be in here raging than not saying anything at all. Solid null to me, and I dun like it.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1050 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1048, Selkies wrote:I will admit that I am loathe to lynch Magua for reasons that are not entirely concerned with her alignment, and for some reasons that are
Wat
In post 1048, Selkies wrote:Idk what response to 1030 means
It means I was expecting better from you than "oh he replaced into a slot at L-2 and was snarky, he seems p town to me".
In post 1049, Selkies wrote:what do you think about magua
Nothing, really. He's got one post, and he's not going to put out much more in the way of content until people post enough that he reads them as he doesn't read when replacing in.

Unfortunately, I don't think we've got a whole lot in the way of time to wait for him to do that, given battery percentages and rate of decay.

Have you caught up yet?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1052 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1051, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:You expect more?

Like, in the vein of you disagree with me?
I'll be more plain. Liking Magua for town because snark is complete shit, because a) Magua snarks regardless of alignment and b) what the fuck do you expect him to do, replace in and start acting scummy? Magua is neither new nor stupid. He's veteran enough to keep it together and act natural regardless of alignment, and you ought to be veteran enough to know better.
In post 1051, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I dislike this battery mechanic. Encourages lurking.
Actually, it does the opposite.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1054 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1053, Selkies wrote:
In post 1052, Syryana wrote:He's veteran enough to keep it together and act natural regardless of alignment
awww i was really hoping that we would be able to read him!! :(
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1056 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1055, Selkies wrote:what would constitute a "good" read pray tell
Depends on what you're into. Fantasy/mind bending/thriller? Locke Lamora series by Scott Lynch is an amazing series. Sci fi? Go for Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. Stellar. Literally! If you want "good" fantasy over "excellent" or "stellar", I'd recommend the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. If you're into romance, God help you.
In post 1055, Selkies wrote:what is yours specificaly on mag
Now you're getting sloppy. Well, sloppier. I answered this quite literally five posts ago.
In post 1050, Syryana wrote:
In post 1049, Selkies wrote:what do you think about magua
Nothing, really. He's got one post, and he's not going to put out much more in the way of content until people post enough that he reads them as he doesn't read when replacing in.

Unfortunately, I don't think we've got a whole lot in the way of time to wait for him to do that, given battery percentages and rate of decay.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1058 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:28 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1057, Natirasha wrote:
I actually enjoyed the third Twilight book.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1061 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:45 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1059, Selkies wrote:Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet it seems
Use Thor's patented and proven Sarcasm Tags
TM
! These tags are so potent, [sarcasm]they're guaranteed to convey the slightest sarcasm to even the emotionally blind, deaf and dumb![/sarcasm]
In post 1060, Natirasha wrote:Was I joking?
I doubt it, since the books aren't nearly as trashy as the movies.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1119 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 am

Post by Syryana »

Unexpectedly busy today, will catch up as soon as able
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1387 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1385, penguin_alien wrote:I'd like to wait for DDD and Syryana to claim
Sorry I took so long.

I'm Seal Ion, Vanilla Seallager. Apparently I'm famous for balancing magnetic shit on the point of my nose and and optimistic to the point of insanity.

Still happy with the Magua vote. Willing to be convinced to change to Selkies. Maybe TPP.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1462 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 am

Post by Syryana »

VOTE: DDD
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1465 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 am

Post by Syryana »

Actually.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Magua

Cabd. I'll be around all-dayish. We need to talk.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1478 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1475, walked into a club wrote:(That said, your first vote was better bud)
Why? Because you think DDD is some kind of scum PR because he's being a lurkfuck? Seems pretty thin to me.

Do you think Magua is town?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1493 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Syryana »

Magua, Selkies, one of {DDD, LLD} with preference toward DDD of the two.

First two are much stronger reads than the third.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1496 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1494, walked into a club wrote:Like I'm pretty sure it's Magua-DDD-(Selkies), so I could just as easily vote magua here and lo and behold no quickhammer would happen.

I fully admit my selkies read is growing weaker right now, because of ~stuff~ so I don't see myself voting there today, sorry.
Magua > Selkies to me anyways. See vote!

IMO Magua scumflip confirms Selkies-scum, but that's a pre-flip associative tell and is of course complete shit (ooba, if you're reading this, take notes. Lots of them) in terms of Selkies' alignment right now. However, orci was being an utter scumfuck yesterday (see exchange between me and him re: Magua) and fery is, at best, meh. I'm not dealing with fery because history proves the only time I'm actually able to read fery (except for chef mafia) is when I'm in a fucking hydra with her and read the role PM. However, gut tells me meh-fery is in fact scum fery.

I'm torn between DDD and LLD because both of them are being pretty bad atm. Problem is, the line between scumfuck and dumbfuck is pretty fucking blurry, as is the line between town apathy and scum flimflammery. :hitoshrug:

As such, Magua is the most comfortable vote I've got right now.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1499 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1497, walked into a club wrote:It's not LLD, so it's DDD. If LLD-scum managed to pull of that manner of starting fakeclaims yesterday than I'm okay losing to her.
Fair enough.

Since we're here and talking though (and we have the time and you'll be dead soon), let's speculate a bit. We lynch DDD or Magua, and they flip town. What then? Run it through for both scenarios.

Second question: We're balancing the Tales of Symphonia game. We've got three town masons with abilities identical to those in this game, a compulsive vig and a 1-shot BP. How would we balance the mafia against that?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1502 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1500, walked into a club wrote:If they flip town? The game is over.
Dumb question; I keep forgetting it's MyLo.
walked into a club wrote:If they flip town? The game is over.

Mafia gets a gated redirection ability, a full or partial roleblock, and some sort of rolecop to find the compulsive vig IMO; but maybe only two of those and a goon.
walked into a club wrote:Mafia doctor would also be a potential possibility. Or mafia JK, gives them the option of playing aggro or passive with their night action; and Sixty loves making players pick.
I forgot about the neighborize from Kanye, but I don't think that affects the balance much if at all.

What I was (roundaboutly for whatever reason) interested in there was if it was possible to balance scum against the town power we know exists. Answer: yes.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1504 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Syryana »

Swingy is kind of a Vi thing. Hi Raptured and
not sayin it

Who of the {Mag, Selk, DDD} trio is the hardest to lynch, do you think? We ought to establish some kind of kill preference so we don't lose to a prospective LyLo of (for example) {Me, LLD, Magua}.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1508 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1505, walked into a club wrote:Selkies is a loleasy lynch.

True.
In post 1505, walked into a club wrote:As I said from the start of today, I want DDD---> then (selkies/magua) then ------>(selkies/magua) because some people mysteriously have a townread on D3; and our re-read in the masonry says he's the most likely strong scum PR; hence why the wagon on him stalled out and we lol-lynched nacho instead.
Hmm.

Might swap to DDD then. My only concern is getting Magua lynched before-

I just thought about it a bit more. With the even numbers, it's gonna take all living town to lynch scum anyways. Since LLD categorically refuses (well, 0.01%) to vote Magua, we're probably screwed anyways.

Pedit: Well, you do realize LLD has a uber townread on him, rite?

Pedit2: HAI SCUM
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1510 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1509, walked into a club wrote:Syr, you guys can nolynch once I'm dead to get back to odds.

And let scum bus, they're gonna have to.
I feel moderately braindead.

I should have quit after ASoIaF.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1513 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Syryana »

K

Will do after dinner

Pedit: UNVOTE:
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1515 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Syryana »

They coulda done that like yesterday couldnt they?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1516 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Syryana »

(assuming your assumptions)
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1519 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1518, walked into a club wrote:You guys can lynch him now.

Like seriously, I'll even give minor townpoints to whoever decides to bus him.
Well, yes, but in the interest of me actually having time to go back and read that shit you asked me to read

UNVOTE:

Consider me functionally non-functionally voting him. Or something.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1574 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Syryana »

Yeah, fuck reading.

On an at best tangentially related note, homemade manicotti is quite possibly the most incredible thing I've ever put in my mouth.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1577 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1576, Selkies wrote:
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1595 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:55 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1584, penguin_alien wrote:I realize that it makes exactly zero difference to anyone, but I apologize to everyone involved in the game, mods and players alike. I’m sorry that I ruined the mod’s very excellent set-up with my poor play. I’m sorry to the scum team if in any way I made their well-deserved win less fulfilling.

Most importantly I deeply apologize to the entire town for completely sabotaging the game. I never should have lied, and I understand why it was an extremely bad choice. Not that regretting my arrogance and stupidity is any help to you now. I don’t expect anyone to forgive this.

Rest assured that I’ll be reading the ensuing comments. Unless someone has a particular aspect of my idiocy they want me to address, I won’t be interjecting further, as inexcusable behavior by definition doesn’t merit excuses, and I’ve taken up enough of the thread as it is without crossing the line into any attempts to justify my execrable choices.

Vi and Tierce, thank you for the game. Congrats to the scum team. Best of luck to everyone in their future games.
Don't sweat it. Everyone fucks up. Besides, if yer gonna get hoodwinked by somebody, it's probably gonna be Cabd. I'd play with you again.
In post 1586, Magua wrote:1. I don't like random setups.

2. Besides not understanding why penguin would confirm Walked as town, I don't understand why penguin let
me
people lynch Nacho on setup spec that he knew was wrong. I don't think it would've changed anything in the long run because of the Walked confirmation, but damn.

3. Really do not enjoy playing with people whose posts are "loldontgiveashit" because I find it impossible to differentiate between eg DDD's play and Syryana's play in this game.
This is rich. You and Benmage should start a club.
In post 1593, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Dude, my Syr read was SO bad. I totally forgot he replaced for DoesBoKnow, cause that guy was fucking town as shit.

Yeah, so, apologies to Syr, beyond that, like the scumteam played a decent game, but I don't even feel like I had a CHANCE to even catch them because of what people did.
I blame your complete lack of in thread rage. Apology not necessary; I'm frequently misunderstood.

GG scum!

Thanks to our absealoutly amazing mods for the game!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1601 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Syryana »

I was thinking more along the lines of you /inning for a game is a scumclaim, old boy.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1607 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:44 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1603, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You wanna know what makes me mad? I pull out these fucking insanely strong scumgames all the time, like Maiden, like Scummies invitational, like Brotherhood of the Wolf, like Higurashi Mafia, the list goes on.

And fucking no one respects my scumgame a lick.

But then I see people win these garbage games (sorry for the term, it's not meant to be offensive to Vi+Ti's setup, it's more that this town was doomed from the moment Penguin decided to derp) that any scum worth their salt could have won, and they get all these fucking accolades and shit.
I've never read or played in any of your scumgames, so I wouldn't know a damn thing about it.

However, personally, I think if you're able to neighborize a mason and convince them so thoroughly that you're town that they fakeclaim you're a third mason, you deserve some kind of accolade.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1610 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1608, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I would like to point out I did the EXACT SAME THING in Bipolar Mafia as scum. Granted, I eventually got fucked in that game by powerrole madness and shit, but it's not particularly... unique? It's more a factor of P_A committing a cardinal sin, and less a factor of Cabd magically making her do it.

I mean, you have to have some modum of skill to be perceived as town, but it's not like it's that HARD to tell someone with a townread on you that you want to claim masons with them.
In post 1609, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Also, I just went back through my scumgames for shits and gigs: Bloodbath in Camden, Mafia through a Puppies' Eyes, Playground Mafia.

Bah.
I don't see why anyone should praise you for good scumgames when you seem categorically incapable of doing so for anyone else.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”