mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #755 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 754, pieguyn wrote:
@mastin:
wat happened
Basically, F-16 got force-replaced for reasons he'll explain after the game's over.

No real point in me playing on Mafia Theory, anymore. I was offered the chance to drop out, but nah, I'm sticking to this game.

Do bear with me for a bit, though--I'm still recovering from what happened to me yesterday.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #757 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 756, Kazekirimaru wrote:Are you okay?
Physically, yes.
Mentally, no.

You'd be pretty shaken up too yourself if you had just gotten through a car accident at highway speeds.

But don't worry. I have the day I'll need to recover and then some to get caught up this game. Games I've been in longer are actually worse off than games I've got a mostly blank slate for, since in the games I've been in, I have my rhythm disrupted, whereas in newer games, I'm just getting my rhythm anyway. Meaning for the next little while, my performance here is probably going to be better than almost anywhere else. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #763 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 762, pitoli wrote:
Kthxbye replaces mykonian's slot. Deadline has been extended by 2 days.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-18 00:00:00)
Oh, sure,
now
you extend it......
:P
In post 758, BROseidon wrote:If you're scum trying to weasel out, I'll still catch you :P
Can you catch town trying to weasel out? 'Cause I am totally trying to do that. :P
In post 697, Kazekirimaru wrote:Vote your scumbro for me?
That'd require me to actually have him as a scumread. I haven't done enough research to tell, yet. I am listening, and I liked pie's posting, but I haven't actually done my homework to see if it's accurate.

Also, going back to before the incident...
In post 709, Tammy wrote:The game makes more sense if you're scum.
Maybe it does make more sense, but that doesn't change that it isn't true. :P You're gonna need to figure how how to make sense of the game after I don't flip scum, so might as well start now. Fuck what makes the most sense; picture-perfect scumteams don't exist. Who's scum when I'm revealed town, Tammy?
In post 719, zMuffinMan wrote:mastin, are you scum?
Nah. If I was, honestly, I'd probably have taken pitoli/F-16's offer to drop out of the game and have someone else replace in. I'm not invested in the game, and being the lead wagon, that's a problem as scum; my apathy would get me lynched. Speaking of which, I'd probably actually be fighting the wagon on me as scum; I tend to get overly-defensive when wagoned as scum. Basically, as scum, my lynch if not planned ahead of time is devastating to my scumteam. As town, my lynch is a rarity, so it's always bad, and I'll be doing plenty of ranting, but ultimately, not be fighting as hard because it's D1 and I enjoy ranting from dead QTs. :P
In post 732, Kazekirimaru wrote:For those of you playing along at home, I'd like to explain why I believe the Mastin/F-16 hydra to be probscum. It's mainly based around one simple, but very relevant tell:
In post 395, mastin2 wrote:Yes. I am that. damn. good. :P
Scum-Mastin is quite arrogant. (Above quote from Les Mis for example :P) If I recall correctly it's a means of swaying town into believing he believes what he says, but regardless, it's being exhibited here.
Uh, no, it isn't? Like. This is as humble as I get without going all emo on you. :P
Especially when asked why F-16 asked for help. "hai guys I'm here to save this slot and probably be awesome as tits and get nightkilled tonight for awesomeness" is some pretty bold stuff.
That was about F-16. It's not me who was going to turn him from mislynch to nightkill. It was my presence. Basically, those were his thoughts put into my words, actually. He thinks that my presence makes him a better player. Just me being present. Not even me playing the game. That's not arrogance; that's his belief and why he asked me to come into the game.
It sounds to me like Mastin is attempting to drill into our minds something akin to "I'm an asset, and if you touch me you're an idiot."
Well, yeah. :P Basically every time I get mislynched, the town loses that game. Heck, even most times I get nightkilled, the town immediately suffers. I'm not saying I'm a scumhunting god. I'm not. Not by a longshot. But I DO have an affect on people. My presence DOES help bring out better aspects of other players. It
does
make me an asset. So touching me IS idiotic. :P I'm not the guy who wins the game. (If I was, I'd have scummy noms. I do not. Not in that category, anyway.) I'm the guy who helps the person that does win the game, get up to the level where they can win the game. Which is basically what I'm trying to do now, via communicating with the players that I am.

You
see
me saying I'm town, but the point of my posts is not to say that. It might be being said, sure, yeah. A lot more than I'd prefer, yeah. But if you can't see what the posts are actually trying to accomplish, then I don't know what to say.
In post 737, zMuffinMan wrote:i have trouble believing f16 asked you to replace in to mentor him, and you came in ignoring all his reads, forming reads not even similar to his, controlling the vote, not consulting with him at all, etc etc as town
I did most of my posting logged into a desktop I was borrowing, on a break--was short on time. So, yes. I came in, not knowing what his reads were (he never told me, so I don't know--he told me that we were the lead wagon, and that's it. Okay, so there was some later stuff, but mostly? I don't know anything about his reads because he DIDN'T tell me), formed some reads on my own, saw we weren't voting, figured I'd lay one down, and was soloing. My mentoring approach largely relies on me having a grasp on the game, and giving extremely hands-on advice. Basically, in order to effectively teach him, I'd have to be an actual player. And though I can't bring any recent examples up (I don't think this style of teaching-hydra has any completed games), if you bothered researching Mastin hydras, you'd not find a single one where I-as-a-mentor-figure put much effort into synching up with my partner immediately. Quite the opposite. You'd find that I come in, guns a blazing, basically only with the bare necessities, and then, only then, after having that baseline, consulting with my partner. That happened. The only difference was, instead of me having troubles keeping up and becoming a non-entity in the hydra for the most part (I owe a loooooooot of people apologies for that), F-16 was the one leaving me, before we really had a chance to talk on anything at length.
i dunno what you're hoping to achieve with the plum vote here. i don't think plum is town, but i don't really see plum getting lynched today
Well, if she's not town, then you have your answer. :P

I'm not keen on getting mislynched, Pasch looks town to me, and I'm not scumreading BRO. (Not townreading him either, but not scumreading him.) If all three wagons suck, I need a new one on actual scum. Thus, Plum. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #848 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Slight warning--I'm keeping up with the new content, but because my internet was knocked out for 24 hours, I'm playing catch-up across the site as a whole, meaning reading the game from the start is going to be delayed a bit.
In post 789, Tammy wrote:This doesn't even make sense mastin and looks like you just talking to talk. Let's take a look at my whole post, shall we?

Now, read my post again. And rethink your questions.
I did read the post, Tammy. But bluntly. If you're town.

You have a problem.

So fuck calling me scum. FIX THE GODDAMNED PROBLEM. You don't have a handle on who the scum are. You
should
. So I ask again. Who's scum when I'm revealed town, Tammy? You don't have an answer. I know what. That's why I asked. Because you need one. Who are the players you shouldn't be townreading? Who are the players you're making not scum when they shouldn't be? Tell me now. Rather than others on day two.
In post 808, Brian Skies wrote:But I'd like Mastin to talk to me about it. Because although I can see town motivation in what Pasch is saying, I think his "scum role-fishing" theory is a little far-fetched and I'm wondering why he went there instead of just occam's razor. Have any of you played with Pasch before? Does he do stuff like this as town?
Pretty sure he does. Maybe even moreso as town than as scum. Would have to double-check my games with him to be sure.
In post 824, Tammy wrote:I don't know. Maybe kthnx, pasch, mastin.
Then help me bus my buddy.

VOTE: kthnxbye.
Don't remember who he replaced, but his posting's been awful.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #911 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 849, Tammy wrote:No you're being stupid. I've said I don't' have a handle here.
And I'm asking you to get one. I don't care if it's your weakest day. I don't even know if you're town or not, and I'm trying to figure that out. You're not letting me. You're resisting. You're not working with me. You're not talking to me. You're saying I'm scum without you having a handle. SO GET THE DAMN HANDLE AND TELL ME WHO IS SCUM, THEN. Yes, you don't have it. I know. THAT'S THE POINT; YOU
SHOULD
HAVE IT.
Try to figure out where I'm coming from or just stop talking to me. It's that simple.
What the hell do you think this is, words for the sake of typing words?
In post 852, zMuffinMan wrote:mastin probably is, kthx and pasch probably aren't. still think plum is likely scum, dunno about brian, kaze also likely scum
Talk to me about ktnx--why not? Work with me on Plum. Talk more on kaze. I need to see what you see. (You're town, by the way.)
In post 863, BROseidon wrote:Myko's postings weren't super town, and kthx's posts have been blegh. Kagami also still reads super scummy to me, as does pie, but apparently I'm crazy for thinking that or some shit (sort of like how I was crazy for thinking mastin/katsuki were scum in Anything Goes OH WAIT A MINUTE I WAS FUCKING RIGHT).
Then help me lynch kthx. Talk to me more about Kagami; I'm not townreading that slot, but haven't really gotten a scumread there, either.

Also, ActionDan is town. This is basically exactly what I was expecting from a town-him.
In post 896, pieguyn wrote:
@mastin:
do you think BRO's play is different from imperishable night?
Yes, but not alignment-indicative different. His posting doesn't seem like it's the same, but it's the "not the same" that feels like it's the difference between two games in a different time period than it is two games with a different alignment. His game here is also about as different from Touhou as it is from Anything Goes. Basically, I'm not getting a strong read either way. I'm seeing flashes of town and flashes of scum. Overall, I'm getting more flashes of scum than of town, but that's like 55/45.
In post 898, pieguyn wrote: this mastin seems way more confident and more forceful than that mastin.
This is me being confident? (Okay, forceful, yeah. :P That happens, y'know. When you replace in. Are the lead candidate for lynching. And your hydra partner is no longer in the game.) I have reads, but none of them particularly strong. You're looking town, and decently-strongly so, but even when it comes to you, I'm not getting the instant-townvibe I normally get. Basically, I'm having the opposite problem as in Touhou. There, I was thinking too many people town. Here, I'm thinking too many people scum, and that's a problem. I've got people who aren't. zMuf isn't, you're not, ActionDan isn't, I'm leaning towards Tammy being town (but I'm not sure), as just a few off the top of my head. But none of them have been coming as fastly and as strongly as they normally do.

Which is, y'know, why I'm actively trying to fix that.
in that game he was saying if his posts feel legitimate but aren't logical he's town and if his posts are rock solid but feel forced he's scum and I'm kind of leaning towards the latter here.
Hey, pie. Mind enlightening me on what in my posting
is
rock-solid? I'd love to see what you think I'm doing right. 'Cause, y'know. I don't. I'm winging it, and if there's something clicking, then I'd love to know.
and I'm conflicted cause I thought F-16 was town.
He was.
In post 900, pieguyn wrote:oh also mastin saw right through BRO in that game so I wanna know what he sees about him here
Like I said: different. Sorta-scummy...but not as scummy. In Touhou, it was just...
there
. I don't remember how I caught him, but I did. Here, instead of the read just being there, it's more like
he
is just there. You know, not making a big impact. That, itself, is sorta making me think scum, but it's not the same strength of my read that game. That's as good as I can give you off of what I've seen.
In post 910, Tammy wrote:Bert is bringing the town so that's cool.
Inclined to agree. How 'bout this, Tammy--
List your townreads and why, instead of scumreads-that-you-think-suck.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1028 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 912, Tammy wrote:take your responses to me and wipe your ass with them.
At least give me this, then.
In post 911, mastin2 wrote:List your townreads and why, instead of scumreads-that-you-think-suck.
That was not an unreasonable request.
In post 971, pieguyn wrote:mastin what the hell. tammy just said that's what it was. and from what I can tell she explicitly said you being town was what was making her not have a handle on her reads and you being scum fixes that

what are you hoping to accomplish by talking about this? it feels like you're trying to discredit her read on you bc "omg you don't know who's scum if I'm town". it seems like a really odd angle to take, especially if you're trying to help her fix your read on you. and I don't get how you hope to work anything out by just telling her she's wrong over and over without trying to figure out why
...I'm not following. I'm being quite explicit. I'm
not
scum. So if her having a handle on her reads requires me being scum? She's wrong. Thus, why I am asking. What I'm trying to accomplish is pretty damn fucking obvious--me having a much firmer grasp of where she's coming from with her thoughts. And if she's town (I think she is), to help her out. But she's resisting at every attempt I'm giving. So, yes. I'm saying "you don't know who's scum if I'm town". Because that's what she's
told
me. And I'm telling her that she needs to.
if none of your reads are strong why are you so pissed off at tammy for not being confident in her reads?
Because she's one of the players that I want to use to GET stronger reads. I want to work with her. But she's making it nigh-impossible to do so.
In post 982, zMuffinMan wrote:i hate everything about this lynch
So do I, muffin. The Pasch wagon likely has at least two scum on it. So, want to work with me to bus Plum?

VOTE: Plum.
i don't know why people started thinking mastin is town
Because I am. :P That happens, you know.
if he is town like i think he is, the only plus side to a pasch lynch happening is it the fact that a town flip makes it insanely easy to spot who the scum on the wagon is here:
Paschendale (6): Plum, Kazekirimaru, Pieguyn, Tammy, Kagami, Bert
Agreed, but wouldn't it be even better to just lynch scum today? I don't think Tammy's scum. I don't think Pie's scum. I don't think Bert is scum. But I can easily see any/all of Plum/Kaze/Kagami being scum. So help me lynch them, dammit. Aside from your damn scumread on me, our reads are nearly the same from the looks of things.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1029 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

...You know what?

I think I've gotten more than enough to compile my reads at this point and start taking command.

I'm not sure if it's enough to flip the switch. I still haven't read the early game at all. But I really think I'm onto something. I've got a lot of townreads, and it's beginning to form a picture.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1031 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

First order of business:
kthnx and BROseidon are town.

I've seen this type of role before. Multiple times. Yes, they're effectively masons, even if they don't have the ability to chat with one another. They're confirmed town.

ActionDan is town.

Admittedly, I am not nearly as intimately familiar with AD's scumplay as I would like to be. (The only scum game of his I've seen is Pinkmin Mafia, and my memory of his posting there is not the greatest.) So admittedly, my guess as to what his scum self is could be wrong. However, that said, everything I'm seeing looks like classical AD-town. The tone, the content, the overall feeling of his posting, it just seems like his town self.

Bert is town.
Admittedly, I've never seen his scumgame, but I've seen plenty of his towngame, and this is his towngame through-and-through.

Pie is a strong townread.
Though my townread there was not as instantaneous as it normally is, this seems like the same town pie I've come to know, love, and respect as a player. I don't have anything concrete supporting it; it's just something I, well...
feel

Paschendale is a townread.
I do not like the wagon on him at all. His posting has been null-at-worst; I see nothing scum in it. Quite the opposite, I see a rather large amount of what I've seen in a town-Pasch and not much of a scum-Pasch. (Admittedly my memory of scum-Pasch is not strong, given that I wasn't really that involved in the dark/light game.) The push on him has been god-awful, and I can guarantee you that wagon is scum-driven.

Tammy is town.
This is not the kind of calculated, manipulative play I'd expect from a scum Tammy. Basically, she had an outburst of emotions that seem really legitimate, and her posting comes across as truly frustrated, that she hasn't figured things out and doesn't like the gamestate as it is right now.

zMuffinMan is town
. Trust me, I can read him. Admittedly not as well as I once was able to, but I still was able to tell he was 'off' his towngame in Touhou (because he was scum) and identify his towngame in Xenogears. And this? This is the town-Muffin. I can't explain it. It just...is. His tone, his posting, his content, how in-synch we are, basically everything. He's town.

Leaving?

Brian Skies (null; dead-null, even, and that's a concern), Kazekirimaru (also mostly null), Plum (scum), and Kagami (scumlean).

I'm in the game, now.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1132 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1033, Tammy wrote: If I don't have a handle, it's not because I haven't tried and am not working on it, it's because I'm at a loss. Today, I'm at a loss here. I don't feel super great about my scum reads or my town reads.
Then talk to me about each and every one of your reads. Walk me through them. Sometimes, just talking them out makes you realize something. And if not, the outside perspective of another player can help you focus/hone in on things.

You've given a few townreads, but haven't really explained them in as much detail as I was hoping for. Bert I agree with, but I'd like to know your reasoning. Kagami, I'm willing to believe, but I want you to explain why the setup spec is a towntell. Pie is indeed a townread, but surely your read on him isn't entirely based off of my slot's townread there, so I want anything you've thought about on him. And then there's Plum.
In post 1035, Athenas Fury wrote:oh also, if bro and kthnx are really town mason like things, then the chance there is scum in kaze or muffin is really high.
Muffin's town, so if this is true, it'd be Kaze. (Kaze's probably scum
anyway
, soyeah. Kaze.)
In post 1042, Kagami wrote:Mastin, what am I to make of those reads? Every single one is "trust me, I can read this guy, he is ___," and that is from an incomplete reading of the game?
...Yeah? If I was able to better explain these things, I'd be a far more competent town player than I actually am. :P
In post 1063, Brian Skies wrote:I'm okay with a Plum counter-wagon.
For the record, this looks like a bus-vote.
In post 1073, Bert wrote:Brian's #1063 worries me.
Indeed. He's prob-scum.
In post 1093, Kthxbye wrote:I think I'd rather lynch Kaze over plum today but p1092 is as town as it gets really and it looks like due to deadline, we need a stronger counter wagon to Pasche's to get what town are on it to switch.

VOTE: Plum
This is my exact sentiment. Kaze's probably my strongest scumread right now, even stronger than Plum, but Pasch is so ridiculously town right now it's not even funny. 1092, in particular, is townposting to its core.
In post 1108, Bert wrote:Just skimmed their ISO's.

Plum has used less reasoning BUT has been more forceful in reads and going after players.

Paschendale seems to keep his/her options open and doesn't commit as much, but also posts more "wordy content."

Vote: Paschendale
Bert, you're describing playstyles more than alignments. I don't remember much of Plum (I've only read a few random games with her in them and don't think I actually played with her), but I distinctly recall that she's forceful regardless of alignment. This part I could be wrong on, but I also remember her using more reasoning as town.

Pasch always keeps his "options open" regardless of alignment and always has "wordy content". Saying it is like saying I write a lot; the answer is "no freakin' duh". :P What you need to do is read the actual content present, and Pasch's content is ridiculously town-as-hell. Heck, his tone is town, too. He's been townposting, through-and-through.

Plum, not so much.
In post 1109, Bert wrote:
In post 1107, Kazekirimaru wrote:Goddamn it, Bert.
Why are you so confident about Paschendale lynch?
Because he's scum, Bert. His attitude towards forcing the Pasch lynch should be one BIG FREAKIN HUGE RED FLAG.
What bothers me about Pasch is the "THERE IS NO REASONING ABOUT THIS LYNCH, THIS IS ALL BS" thing. The victim card rings kinda scummy :/
I've yet to see a Pasch game where he hasn't done this when strung up. (Did I mention he's an easy mislynch?) If anything, it's a towntell, and it's quite justified in this case. There's literally no reason to be lynching him.
In post 1112, Bert wrote:Plum's playstyle is really old school. Smells like a mislynch.
Really old school, undeniably so. Really-old-school-town, not so much.In [url=http
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1137 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1134, Kazekirimaru wrote:Mastin, the hell? Keep calling me scum without interfacing with me directly? That's not goodposting.
You're scum because you're scum. :P

You're posting like scum, you're pushing like scum, your reads reek like scum, everything about you seems rotten to the core.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1535 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Sorry, vicious weekend. Really need to mark myself V/LA right now, since I was absolutely and entirely blindsided by how swamped real life made me. I caught up in this game last time, so I'm gambling that I can do so again tomorrow or some other time period where I have more, well, time. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1538 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1452, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Where the fuck is mastin anyway. He hasn't checked in from day start.
As discussed, swamped with real-life stuff.
In post 1272, pieguyn wrote:so my guess for scumteam is {Brian, Kaze, Bert}.
I'm thinking much the same at this point, though I still have my eye on Kagami.
@mastin
what do you think of Kagami's early D1 posting? also can you elaborate on your Dan read?
Kagami's posting has seemed mildly but not severely town, to the point where I could see Kagami as either but lean towards town. As for Dan, I typically prefer not to beat dead horses. (No pun intended.) Basically, this was the him I remember from Walking Dead, rather than the him I remember from Pinkmin.
In post 1291, Brian Skies wrote:OH! IS MASTIN JESUS?
Yes, yes I am. :P
In post 1331, Kagami wrote:So you think scum-brian would assert AD is town with so little grounding?
Scum-Brian is even MORE likely to assert AD is town with little grounding.
In post 1465, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 1461, Kagami wrote:as an aside, I think both tammy and kaze are town.
Do you think there is scum in our neighborhood?
Quite possibly, 'specially given that 2-player neighborhoods typically are either but 3-player neighborhoods almost-universally have one scum in them.

Out of time, so I don't have the time to switch accounts. (My role PM was forwarded to my hydra, not to my account.) I don't remember my role name at all, but I remember my role; it's weak human.
/gotta go. More later.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1548 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1539, Kazekirimaru wrote:You forgot to popcorn >.>
Well, all my scumreads have claimed as far as I can tell.

I guess Kagami.
In post 1540, Kagami wrote:Your slot was uncommonly aloof to the weak discussion for it being so relevant to you.
Fuck that. I'm Hannes, Weak Human Vanilla. I have the ability of Cowardice, a passive sometimes preventing the activation of my 3-D gear. That's basically it. (Well, as close as it as I can get with a paraphrase, anyway.) I don't give a damn what F-16 said about the weak discussion. It's right there in my damn role PM.
In post 1542, pieguyn wrote:srsly?

it's like you can't recognize town motivation if it slapped you in the face. I get you didn't see it firsthand cause you weren't in the game then, but the way she went about it was so town it's not even funny. and I really don't get how the hell you think Pasch is more town than Kagami.
Well, then, show me it. Kagami's posting since I've come in has been overall good, but not great. It's stuff that feels strong, but doesn't feel town. Pasch on the other hand is kinda the opposite--his stuff doesn't feel strong or weak. However, it
does
feel town.

I'm seeing Kagami as being a decently-strong player. Not a decently-town one. Mildly town, sure, yeah. But not severely so. Show me why.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1567 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1563, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:btw you seem conveniently 'around' for someone who's, well, supposed to be really busy.
I'm here when I really shouldn't be. Basically, I AM busy, but am cramming in time here that I shouldn't be cramming in. (It's the same type of thing which caused me to be overwhelmed during the weekend. This stuff does have consequences.)
In post 1566, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:And a readslist from you mastin would be appreciated.
Kaze's scum, Bert's scum, and Brian Skies is probably scum. I said all of this before. I'm also not strongly townreading Kagami, and will need to check out pie's view on it.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1844 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1648, pieguyn wrote:Kagami how do you like the chance Kaze and mastin are crossbussing the shit out of each other?
Fuck bussing. Have you considered instead the possibility that, y'know, I'm town and he's scum?
In post 1649, Kagami wrote:p-edit: possible, my stance is bert/mastin/X for scumteam. X being in the neighborhood makes sense, but I'm not feeling many scum-vides from any of them.
Same.

I'm cross-bussing Bert, I'm cross-bussing Kaze, or maybe I'm actually town and voting god-damned scum.
In post 1785, pieguyn wrote:POE + he's apparently a weak role but F-16 didn't claim weak when Kagami called for a 3rd weak claim. it makes me think it's a fakeclaim and F-16 was originally gonna claim smth else
Okay. Let's play ball.

IF F-16 was scum, was he given a fakeclaim? If so...then why wouldn't he plan to use it? Why would he plan to use something else? What would he claim?
If he was scum with something viable to claim, why would I as scum decide not to claim that? I
do
have a meta of weaponizing the truth. Claiming town roleblocker as a scum roleblocker, for instance. Why discard that for something that is less true, and thus, more likely to bite me in the ass?

There's no reason because, bluntly, a scum-F16 doesn't work that way, nor does a scum-me. Yes, this is wifom. No, I don't give a damn, because you're arguing using wifom yourself and the only counter to that is itself wifom.
In post 1826, Tammy wrote:like seriously there is almost no way bert is town because he's totally playing against his wincon if he is. It has nothing to do with turning over a new leaf or trying to make a point or anything. He's trolling and just hoping that you all will call it town.
Then help me lynch him.

VOTE: Bert.
In post 1843, Bert wrote:Yer squib worries Mastin be swamped by real life outside yer boat
And the very fact that I got prodded is proof of it.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2000 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1998, Tammy wrote:VOTE: mastin
No.

In post 1865, pieguyn wrote:kaze you're so transparent

your plan to paint zmuffin as scum in the neighborhood didn't work so now you have to switch to tammy. hardly ggs
Indeed.

VOTE: Kazekirimaru.
In post 1911, Kagami wrote:Pie is the only one I really trust, but my current opinion is that there's a strong possibility that the entire neighborhood is town, but if it isn't, kaze is the scummo. I think that bro+kthx are probably town, but the "loss" they suffer from the other dying is completely silly.

Pie more or less gave the gist of my thoughts on why bert is a bad lynch for today. I have additional thoughts about how what goes down tonight might be interpreted, but they're little more than wild speculation until it actually happens.

Why do you think mastin is town?
I still think that this is scum.
In post 1997, Kagami wrote:Interesting. I was thinking mastin/kaze/brian, but I would have expected kaze to make the kill in that case.
That's because it requires someone being scum who isn't. :P

Kagama/Kaze/Brian, however, does--with you making the kill.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2002 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2001, Kazekirimaru wrote:Ladies and gentleman, I am not a crook.

VOTE: Mastin
Yeah, not a crook--
A titan. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2041 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:28 am

Post by mastin2 »

For the record: treat any L-2 on a player other than Kaze as if it were L-1. Oh, heck, treat L-2 on Kaze as if it were L-1 anyway in case he self-hammers as scum.
In post 2007, Kagami wrote:Titans for the scum-team is the obvious contrast with "Human," but the flavor for both nightkills suggest the killers are not titans.
Nah, just me misremembering the wincon. I coulda sworn that it was "eliminate all titans" or something like that, akin to "eliminate all mafia", but I checked; it's just 'threats to the humans'.
In post 2012, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Yaar we be 90% on Kaze/mastin.

VOTE: Mastin

Paschedale is next on me list o' traitors, perhaps more than Kaze if Mastin flips scum.
Then help me lynch Kaze, dammit.

By the way. I'm reasonably certain that pie would be townreading me today if he were still alive.
In post 2025, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:This be Jesus's scum game. That is all ye need to know.

I could describe some differences in the way he responds to other pirates and the way he approaches his reads, or I could point to his read progression on our cabin boy, Bert, and show you why he's playing a survival game rather than trying to figure out who is scum, but I be too lazy.
Jesus can't be scum. He's a savior, not a layer of dirt on a froth of liquid. :P

But no, I've been trying to figure out who the scum are literally from the moment I entered into the game, and my posts have had zero effort to save myself in them. (Okay, not quite true. Effort to lynch scum instead of mislynch me.)
In post 2030, BROseidon wrote:This was pie's last read list. He was also pushing mastin harder than Bert yesterday. Question is whether Pie was killed b/c he was onto scum (which would mean 2/3 or 3/3 of Kaze, mastin, and Brian are scum), or if he was killed to solidify town reads (in which case 2-3 scum would be in his town block).
It's two--Kaze and Brian. Like I said. If pie were alive today, I'm decently certain he'd be townreading me. He was killed before he got the chance to change that read.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2064 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2051, BROseidon wrote:mastin's assertion that pie would have reversed his read on him is strange, though. Mastin, explain.
I'm just reasonably certain he would have. Especially if I had the opportunity to respond to his points against me. Basically, he would have realized that he was confirmation biasing me. And that I was town and that Kaze wasn't.
In post 2060, Kagami wrote:The scum must have a weak fake-claim. I don't think pitoli just told them what "weak" meant.
Or the mod gave it to them and they didn't use it, or the mod didn't think it was necessary, or they do and it's someone else. Like, say, you.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2087 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2067, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 2064, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2051, BROseidon wrote:mastin's assertion that pie would have reversed his read on him is strange, though. Mastin, explain.
I'm just reasonably certain he would have. Especially if I had the opportunity to respond to his points against me. Basically, he would have realized that he was confirmation biasing me. And that I was town and that Kaze wasn't.
"If he were here he'd change his mind because I'd make him."
Nope. Basically, he'd probably have paused, rethought things, and thought he could be wrong on me. Me responding to his concerns about me would end up solidifying that doubt of a scumread, and push it back into a townread.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2105 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:13 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2088, Kazekirimaru wrote:So, you'd exploit his doubts until he townread you. :P

Nice, nice.
No, he'd realize he was wrong and have it reflected.
In post 2096, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Why is Jesus still on this ship?
Because I haven't been crucified by Judas, of course! Actual town players are avoiding my wagon.
In post 2104, Brian Skies wrote:
Vote: Mastin

Mindlessly sheeping because I don't want to read right now and I seem to be on a completely different wavelength from everybody else. That should be L-1.
And when Kaze uses his second-vote to surprise-lynch me, you know who's scum. (Kaze, Brian, and Kagami.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2497 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:54 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2496, pieguyn wrote:hey guys I'm a triplevoter restless spirit
Ah, good, thanks for hammering, because I'm secretly a mafia treestump 1x lynch redirector, with my power activated in twilight.
Redirect lynch onto: displaced.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2501 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:48 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2500, GuyInFreezer wrote:Having fun, guys?
Well, naturally. It's almost as if we'd nominate this game for a most-enjoyable scummie if it had been over!
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2504 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:42 am

Post by mastin2 »

By the way, in case the rollback is permanent:
Scum QT,
Dead QT.

This game's a bit old for me to do post-game analysis in, but I might do it if people want me to. It was certainly fun to be in.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”