Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Magua »

Hai guiz.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1007, penguin_alien wrote:Hi, Magua. Claim, please.
lolno

*sees I'm the largest wagon*

I will amend that to just a "no", minus the lol.
Not so interested in Magua's claim any longer, BTW.
Hooray! I'm glad that my after-the-fact post could be so persuasive.

Well, except for the fact that you probably mean that in a "I don't care what Magua claims, I'm going to lynch him," in which case, boo.

Un
fortunately, my strict code of honour prevents me from reading the game prior to my replace in. So until people post, I can't get a read on them. Alas.

So.

I gather that penguin alien is some kind of confirmed mason, so hooray?

For Syryana, I wanna know if you're going to give a shit this game compared to Faraday's.

I'll keep my vote on DDD for now. I like it there.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1024, Selkies wrote:Sorry for missing that, you still around?
Who is this directed to?

Also, since you like my snark, does that mean you'd rather vote DDD than me?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Magua »

Selkies wrote:Magua what do you think of nachomara
Well, they're not voting me
yet
so I appreciate that.

On the other hand, I don't like things like "Do you have a case, or...?" in , and the post tone seems off. I'm hesitant on this as I found Nacho's tone in UPick to be offputting as well and he was town there, so. Put them at null-to-town.
penguin_alien wrote:What do you like about the DDD lynch?
He hasn't done anything to make me dislike it, so inertia, etc.
Syryana wrote:If you haven't read anything, how do you know this?
What sort of bullshit is this?

Let's start with *which you wrote*.

which quotes .

You picking at this just reeks of throwing mud and trying to see what sticks. Which brings me to...
Syryana wrote: Actually, I plan to give even less of a shit than in Faraday's game. I'm just here for the seal pictures. You should policy lynch me immediately!
Ok!

UNVOTE: Debonair Danny DiPietro
VOTE: Syryana

Now, back on topic, Natirasha, if you could talk about something related to the game instead of jumping in to throw some posts about books that are not, to put too fine a point on it, related to the game at all, that'd be great.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Magua »

YES!
In post 1070, Natirasha wrote:But, my posts are supposed to be inferred to metaphorically. There is cntent in there.
Hooray!

But, apparently I'm stupid, because I don't see it.

So if you could explain the metaphor to me, that'd be great!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Magua »

@Mod
s
:
Kindly prod Debonair Danny DiPietro.
Natirasha wrote:I've got content there, though.
Right. So you said. And then I said, "Could you show me where?" and then you didn't and then I was =(.

---

I like penguin. I think he might be town.

---

@Natirasha/Syryana:
So, let's play a game. You lynch me, I flip town. How does that change your perceptions? Right now Syryana seems to be trying to tie orcinus and I together (thinks I'm scum, thinks orcinus' defense of me is contrived), so I'm curious. After I die, Syryana, does that then turn you around to an orcinus-townread, or do you have a go at him for white-knighting?

Whereas I pretty much have no idea who Natirasha thinks is scum other than me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Magua »

Great!

But, well, see, there's the reason that my question was phrased as "You lynch me, I flip town. How does that change your perceptions?"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1094, Natirasha wrote:Well since part of my reasoning for being on your wagon is policy, not really much.
Ok. So:

- You think I'm a policy lynch? y/n

- You think Selkies is my partner? y/n
walked into a bar wrote:Enlighten me, what's so town about Penguin? Also Penguin is a she.
Oh, man, I dunno, something about the posts just seems towny. Can't put my finger on it.

Though I can say how disappointed I am that since my replace in, this is the only thing you can come up to say? I mean, I enjoy a good troll
more than
as much as the next person, but if you'd read the last three pages at all you'd have to know I already know the answer because it was mentioned *on that page*.

So either you're being trollish with no content, or you're being obtuse.

How about you answer the same question I asked Syryana and Natirasha. How will your reads change when I flip town?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Magua »

You're already providing content.

Whereas Natirasha is "lol I read Twilight" and walked into a bar is "Imma be ambiguous about whether I got the joke or not, but I'm sure as shit not going to talk about anything else"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Magua »

penguin_alien wrote:Magua, if you're town, claim before the battery runs so low we have no choice but to lynch you to avoid a no-lynch irrespective of your claim.
No.

If I'm going to get lynched, claiming my role will not stop me from being lynched.
If I'm not going to get lynched, claiming my role helps scum because then, you see, they know my role.

So since there's no benefit in claiming, not going to.
walked into a club wrote:Oh I got the joke. I think I would know better than you ;)

How about we see what you flip first rather than useless speculation of "what if" scenarios? Not that I think you will be flipping town at all because your slot has been reading scummy to me before the replace out, then him fleeing after he got cornered didn't help my read either and your posts aren't so hot either. [inb4confbais]
I honestly don't give a shit if you got the joke. It was a throwaway joke.

I give a shit that of everything that was posted, that was the *only* thing you bothered to respond to. Which makes your post thought process, as near as I can tell, "La la la, pages of stuff, la la la, content, la la la, oh, look, Magua made a joke, let's ask him about that! Welp, there, posted a one liner, time for bed!"

You know what I do give a shit about? You classifying this speculation as "useless" when the WHOLE FUCKING POINT is to get you to illuminate your thought process and, here's the key part, show where your thought process will take you AFTER I FUCKING FLIP TOWN.

I simply cannot believe that you do not understand this.

It's very simple, so I'll use small words.

You say what
you'll
you will think when I flip town.

If I flip scum, as
you're
you are sure
I'll
I will do, THEN IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER AND HOLY SHIT TOWN GOT SOME MORE CONTENT SO HOORAY.

The only reason *not* to do it is if you don't want to tie yourself down to reads you know you're going to have to own up to, and you want to keep your strategic wagon options open.

Oops, sorry, I used some bigger words there. Let me know if you have trouble.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm curious as to why people are townreading kanye. I'll admit to not knowing his meta other than by reputation he's a much better player than typist but I see a player who was on the mislynch yesterday and who mostly today has sat back and asked questions, voted me which is a bad vote and voted Syr and while I don't consider that a bad vote there's been no serious push in that direction and the one point brought up about Syr is pretty dodgy and feels like a lame application of LAL and nothing more.
To be utterly frank, why do you care about whether people are townreading kanye or not when you're not even getting off your ass enough to vote him yourself?

If you think he's scum, say he's scum. Don't pull this weak-assed crap.

Perhaps you could also go that extra mile and say what you think about me, because that would also be grand.

---

Seriously, what the fuck is it with everyone aside from penguin, Selkies, and half of Syryana in terms of actively trying to avoid providing content here? Half of y'all are barely posting and the other half post while specifically avoiding providing content.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Magua »

penguin_alien, look.

You're wrong about my slot, but it's cool. I've been wrong on slots too, so I'm not worked up on you, because you're putting in effort and stuff.

But holy shit, you really need to stop basing reads on other people (eg kanye) based on me being scum, because that's going to confbias all the rest of your reads, and then wjhen I flip town you're going to keep on to those reads.

@DDD:
And with the battery at 32%, so we're like, what, 3-4 rl days out from deadline, when do you plan on either commenting on my wagon or trying to create a counterwagon? I have no idea who the people in your "the people I'd be most tempted to vote are either widely viewed as town or simply not here" are. I'm assuming you think kanye is scum but not voting him, although you do seem to be trying to get others (eg penguin) to vote him.

What catalyst, really, are you waiting for before you do something?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Magua »

Because experience has shown me this:

Player A says "lol Player B is scum, and Player C is obvtown because of interactions with B"

B is lynched, flips town.

C is continued to be treated as town because of confirmation bias.

You know, that thing were people don't want to admit that they were wrong?

I can't say you're wrong about kanye. He hasn't posted a goddamn thing in the last two days, so. But since I know I'm town, I gotta stop you from going down the "Well, if Magz is scum kanye is town" road because lol false premise.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Magua »

Your chance of living until tomorrow is approximately 0%. So all there's going to be to go on is "lol penguin_alien thought kanye was town" or whatever and people will go with that. It's what they do.

So if you think kanye is town, fine. But don't be all "kanye is town because Magua is scum."

(Also, not to be too much of a dick, but since you're 100% dead wrong about me, I'm not enthused about your ability to correct your mistakes down the line.)

---
penguin_alien wrote:While we're waiting for people to join us, which of these things is not like the other, Magua?

{Sealy Mattress, Sealshells, Sealed With A Kiss, Glass Sealing, Seal Books UK, Sealsar's Palace, Seal No Evil, Navy Seal}
If this is a setup spec question: Be aware that my (paraphrased) response to Sixty when I received my Role PM was "I hate your flavor."

That said, my gut answer is Navy Seal because it doesn't begin with Seal like all the rest. But, be advised that my rolename doesn't begin with Seal either, so.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Magua »

Oh, Glass Sealing doesn't begin with Seal either. Oh well.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Magua »

It's not "ones that aren't altered" -- Sealed With A Kiss, Navy Seal, and Sealy Mattress are all legitimate.

It's not "ones that aren't things" -- Sealed With A Kiss and Seal No Evil.

Ah.

Sealshells is the only one that's one word.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Magua »

@Selkies:
For fuck's sake, stop and then adding one line. Especially when the post you're quoting has nothing to do with the line you're adding. tia.

Selkies wrote:talk to me about your reaction to PA's readslist though. did you think that was a real list? as well as your reaction to magua's vote on syry--is that diminishing your read on mag or what
I have a weakness for voting people who post "" and then go on being fucking useless.

It's a curse.

Spoiler: For penguin_alien, a very special episode
penguin_alien wrote:Bonus round: which of these is the sad, sad outcast:

{Sphinxeal, Sealrius, Sealturn, Seal of Approval, Club Seal}
So, let me guess, Garmr had already claimed. Yep, he had.

Wow, so. All this "Magz you should claim" bit was to see if I would claim something other than what Garmr had claimed?

Holy fucking shit, that's stupid. If I'm scum, I'm going to check that shit before claiming *anyways* because I'm not a moron. If I'm scum with *daytalk*, even if I didn't check it beforehand because I've been struck with moronosity, I'm going to be alerted by my partners what's going on.

I utterly have no idea how you would ever have expected that plan to work to catch me-if-I-were-scum.

But now that's compounded by "Well I think it's the rolename is fake."

Holy fucking shit!

What the fuck is this, two thousand fucking seven?

On this site, outside of bullshit marathon games, I have literally never been in a game that had named roles where the scum were not provided safeclaims (and as scum, always shared them).

And this is a Vi game -- Vi, who wrote the "How to mod games" wiki article were one of the huge, underlined bullet points is "Give your fucking scum fucking fakeclaims."

Jesus H. Christ.

It's like this.

If you want to say "Oh shit Garmr claimed at L-4 before replacing out" or whatever, well, you're wrong, but I can at least see your logic here.

But this bullshit with the claims and my rolename is just completely fucking unreal. Like, you're too wowed by your own genius to realize that the whole setup is complete shit that would only work if a) I was actually scum, and b) I was a moron. And I really don't take it well when I'm shown that people think I'm a moron.

I'd prefer if the confirmed town could stop being so bad. Go back to calling me scum for Garmr doing scummy things; don't ruin it with bullshit like this.

Natirasha continues to post nothing of content.
Debonair Danny DiPietro continues to post nothing of content.
kanyeknowsbest continues to post nothing of content.
walked into a bar continues to post nothing of content.
Syryana continues to post nothing of content.
Lady Lambdadelta continues to post nothing of content.

Natirasha, DDD, kkb, and walked into a bar all seem to be specifically trying to do this thing.

This game.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Magua »

Yep.

Well, I remember that game where I called him scum for doing that thing I'm voting him for and then had festivities with the family and came back and y'all had lynched him and he flipped town.

But yes.

I simply have no better place for my vote yet because there's too many people not posting, so putting it on the person who says "I'm useless vote me" fulfills my sense of basic justice while still doing something.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Magua »

I mean, there's a bit over two hundred posts since I replaced in. If you remove Selkies and penguin's posts, I don't think there'd be more than 50 left. And so many of those posts are "Why do people think kkb is town?" "Guys I read Twilight" "Oh shit, Twilight's a terrible book" "Hey Magz let me ignore everything else to ask you about your joke" "Guys I'll post later" etc.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:14 am

Post by Magua »

I was hoping to get some reaction from my Syr vote for calling him out, but lolnope just won't post.

The problem is that when over half the game is in my no content pile, any vote I make is more of a protest than anything else. I don't actually *want* to lynch anyone until some reads are given.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Magua »

Eg, sadface that:

- I vote Syr to see what he sees, no response
- I ask DDD what he thinks of me, no response
- I call walked out for commenting on nothing except the joke, no response
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Magua »

EBWOP: "see what he says" not "see what he sees"

Meh. Selkies is providing content. I'm not giving too much thought to them right now.

For DDD, I'd vote him near deadline, but I'd rather people fucking posted first.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Magua »

Which game is
that game
?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Magua »

Hey.

Cabd.

Hey.

I'm glad you're a mason, because your posting inthread is fuck-all.

So yay.

But the same fucking thing I said to penguin_alien applies to you. I'm town. You may not want to believe it, but I am. So any fucking bullshit you have with "Selkies and Magz are obv bff partners" is some bullshit.

Stop it! Bad hydra! No biscuit!

I know y'all are in yer mason QT high-fiving eachother, and I only regret that I will only be able to enjoy the schadenfreude of reading your posting after my flip after the game is over, but I'll bet $20 that after my flip y'all still say in that QT, "Welp, we were wrong on Magz, but Selkies' still scum" because that's how this shit fucking goes.

Spoiler: Also to Cabd
Secondly, you had fuckall reason to claim. That was dumb. Fucking daytalk with penguin and he could've just breadcrumbed something complex and you could've pointed it out tomorrow.

Damn, man, you're supposed to be better than this.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Magua »

Writing a post.

But in the meantime:
@Nacho:
Why is your kill flavor "Devoured"?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Magua »

@Cabd:
The snark is because the reasoning you are giving for Selkies and DDD is based on me flipping scum. That's false, so it's bullshit reasoning. As I said to penguin, you want to say I'm scum, fine, woop de woop, but don't go down the rabbit hole.

Anyways, comments.

Massclaim is terrible. Any protective role should not claim. Not like I think there is a protective role, but, y'know.

Do not believe LLD's claim for what should be patently obvious reasons. Unfortunately, I can see both town and scum reasons to have lied. So. Need more content.

Do not believe Nacho is a compulsive vig, ie, do not believe vig is in the setup at all. I *can* see multiball (akin to Friends and Enemies and Enemies) with police/killer whales or whatever the fuck eats seals, but I can also see whatever the fuck eats seals being an SK. Either way, I do not see it as town.

---

So reads:

Nacho is scum because lolvigmasons(whocannightpost)

LLD kicking off the massclaim with 1-shot bp predisposes me to think she's town. Lying about her claim, perhaps, but still more of a town move than a scum one.

kkb/DDD/Syryana/Natirasha are still doing fuckall and I simply don't have a read on any of them enough to matter. The idea of y'all having a townread on any of them is just boggling.

Selkies is town, lolbecausehesdefendingmeobv. More that he's actually doing shit and I'm impressed by people who do shit, especially in this game where not doing shit is the order of the Day.

@LLD:
How much have you been talking to kanye in the neighborhood; did the matter of penguin being a claimed mason not come up because you seem pretty goddamn surprised by it.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1304, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Magua, I haven't done a damn thing over the break because of how shitty my situation has been.
That was almost, but not exactly, entirely not what I asked.

kanye said you claimed in the Neighborhood QT to him. Ergo, you've posted in the Neighborhood QT.

So, how much have you talked in the QT, is the question.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Magua »

@Nacho:

In post 1299, Magua wrote: But in the meantime:
@Nacho:
Why is your kill flavor "Devoured"?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1310, The Purple Plague wrote:Hey Maria if I'm town despite lolvigmasons what does that make LLD?
Lying about her role. Pretty certain I said that up above.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Magua »

That is the operating theory, yes.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Magua »

I see the probabilities like so, strong to weak: Town lying about role > Scum lying about role > Scum telling truth about role > Town telling truth about role
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1317, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Can we have Garmr back? I think I preferred him, at least he had more than two braincells rubbing together.

First, it's even less likely in this scenario that I would not only lie to Kanye about my role in the QT, but then also initiate a claim with that faked role.

Secondly, your question asked how active I was in the QT. I told you that I haven't done a damn thing besides prod dodge and assure I'll be back. That's true for the QT as wel.

Start thinking or stay out of the conversation, thanks.
HEY

LLD

HEY

IF YOU HAVE TWO FUCKING BRAINCELLS TO RUB TOGETHER

YOU COULD SAY HOW ACTIVE YOU'VE BEEN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. YOU'VE FUCKING CLAIMED THERE, SO THE ANSWER ISN'T "I HAVEN'T DONE A GODDAMN THING" SINCE Y'KNOW YOU FUCKING CLAIMED.

So.

Is the answer "I claimed to kanye in my very first and only post in the Neighborhood"?

Is the answer "kanye claimed to me and then I claimed in return"?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO FUCKING KNOW.

Jesus H. Christ if every single fucking one of you isn't on some shit crusade to clutter up the thread with anything besides useful information.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Magua »

@penguin:
Vig shots have to be considered as pseudo-lynches in terms of balance. (Tangent: You could subscribe to the Llamafluff theory that vig shots are worse for town than no shot at all, but I don't.) The kill flavor was more or less just to see what Nacho would say; the big thing is that I cannot see how 3-daytalking-masons-who-can-nightpost-plus-a-vigilante is balanced. I mean, Friends and Enemies and Enemies is a 8 (3 mason) town vs 2 mafia vs 2 werewolf setup.

It boggles my mind that the Vi and Tierce would look at that and say to themselves, "Let's add another town, and make him a vig. Oh yeah, and let the masons nightpost."

Of the four, kanye is my leading contender for lynching, but a lot of that is predicated on what LLD (or kanye) says about their Neighborhood conversation, which is why her having a hissy fit instead of giving a three line summary of what happened is so annoying. But even kanye is just for role reasons (Neighborizer seems like a good complement to masons being able to nightpost) because most of what he's posted hasn't been stances on anything (eg his statements on me aren't "Magz is town" or "Magz is scum" its "Vi and Tierce give fakeclaims", things like that)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1329, The Purple Plague wrote:Is there a reason you keep posting stuff like this, because it really makes my scumdar pick up
I believe if you read the words that are in the post you quoted, you will see my explanation for why I posted it; that being to convey to Cabd how I felt about his reasoning for scumreading/townreading people based on my alignment.

I *keep* posting it because the masons keep doing it. Every time they do it, I'll post some version of it.

I mean, I would've sworn that this was all pretty evident *from the post itself*, but apparently we've got to let standards go now.

---

If what you meant to say was "This is scummy to me," I recommend you say that next time instead of a leading question.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:39 am

Post by Magua »

@Mods:
Your not voting list in the Day opener hasn't been adjusted for replacements.

I thought TPP was SK, just trying to gambit themselves into putting town into a Kingmaker position.

Really have no idea how this setup is going to wind up balanced. 10:3 with a vig and 3 masons is just omgwtfbbq.

---

Yeah, Walked, I think you outting yourself rather than going the breadcrumb route was a terrible move, especially if you had a breadcrumb. No clue what your thought process was in doing that.

(Kindly don't explain it to me, since blahblahtownblah. Just talking out loud.)

---

I am amused that penguin notes that he expects scum to freak out about TPP's claim, LLD freaks out, penguin slots her as town. But penguin's wrong about me trying to slot her for a mislynch. Something's off with the LLD/KKB communication but I think it's more on the KKB side at this point, as I said yesterday.

---

Think (hoping?) DDD is distancing from KKB. Blahblahbopblah but we're in lylo and posting something like 1436 is just wrong. I know no reads of DDD's other than he doesn't understand why people think kanyeknowsbest is town. Describes his post today as pointless gesture rather than actually, y'know, giving a shit about the game.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Magua »

You went through D2 uninterested and still not even pushing on kanye -- you were all "why do people think kanye is town" but not voting him and not actually asking specific people or trying to do any push. Very hands off. And now it's lylo, and you're...still very hands off. If you're lynched and town it's game over, and you continue to not give a shit and whine about it.

So, how are people supposed to have ever townread you if you do nothing to help the town?

Basic shit here.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1442, kanyeknowsbest wrote:magua can you fully explain your position on me/lambada?
You're a PoE mechanical read being a neighborizer in a town that had daytalking nightposting masons.

(And a vig, which just sort of reinforces my view.)

LLD is because I find her claiming out of the blue to you, and then in thread, to be bizarre. But I don't think LLD is scum at this point.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Magua »

LLD, what did you and kanye talk about after TPP's flip?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Magua »

I know you weren't around for it and were probably too lazy to go back and read it more than likely but there was this thing called day one which is helpful in establishing reads. And you're probably right, I should've pushed harder yesterday but I didn't have any real conviction in it but when a bunch of assholes call me scum on that alone it brings out the contrarian in me and I just want to double down to annoy them. And as for today, game thread has been open for less than 20 hours and you want to try and describe my play in a fixed quantity? What the fuck ever, holmes.
Nope. Not reading D1. But were it full of rainbows and sparkles and towniness, why, I daresay that that would mean that there wouldn't be so, many, people, scumreading, you, now.

I do know for the portion that I've replaced in on, you've been a bag of uselessness, and man, I'm gonna keep on that while you keep being it.

Woo, you probably posted shit Day 1! Did those reads ever change with the D1 flip/N1 kill? Mason claimings? Vig flip? What are the odds, do you think, of a setup with 3 masons, a vig, a neighborizer, and a BP all being town? Is your attitude to being told that (at least) 2/3 masons plus a vigilante think you're scum "Fuck 'em"?

If you're so fucking disconnected from the game, replace out. "I can't be assed to give a shit", "Oh? You think I'm scummy because I haven't done anything? Well, fuck you!" etc are all terrible.

---

kanye, who did you Neighborize last Night?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Magua »

@LDD:
Did kanye claim 1-shot neighborizer when he neighborized you?
Natirasha wrote:I mean if I didn't already know you took a cold shoulder approach to out of game messaging(from ASoIaF), I'd be relatively confused as to why you wouldn't neighboriize a mason or something.
Which ASOIAF is this referring to? kanye wasn't in the one game actually called ASOIAF on mafiascum that I'm aware of (this one). If it's referring to Faraday's UPick, kindly point me to the intersection of kanye and out-of-thread communication that occurred there.
DDD wrote:Hey, I can be an overly sanctimonious asshole as well; if you're not willing to actually read the game you replace into you're not really connected with the game and should replace out, hurr hurr hurr.
Hooray! You being a condescending prick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you being nonexistant. So, whatever it takes.

But the rest of your post is, "Well shit I was wrong and then I did nothing to change opinion and no one likes me and wah." Which, well.

You've got Walked voting you, he's town.

You've got Natirasha voting you. Is he town?

Syryana voted you and unvoted. Is he town?

LLD's been pretty much as disconnected from this game for D2/D3 as you've been. If you've got zero interest in defending yourself or committing to the game, why should she?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Magua »

Do de do.

Think it's DDD + kkb + (Natirasha or Syryana, in roughly that order)

---

I do not think Selkies is scum. This is biased by effort, but D2 was dominated by penguin/Selkies back and forth. Compared to the non-posting that was kkb, LLD, DDD, Natirasha, and Syryana, why does Selkies-scum need to go around provoking penguin when he could just fade into the background and wait for the mislynch on my slot? You have the masons pushing my wagon, and if Selkies is successful in defending me, then where does the wagon go back to? DDD.

Walked, your reasoning for Selkie scum seems to be predominantly because you see a me+Selkie partnership. y/n?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:28 am

Post by Magua »

How did orc's D2 suck?

Srs question. I'm not kidding when D2 was dominated by him and penguin talking. You get a pass because you were undoubtedly trolling it up in your mason QT, but I *liked* his
defending me
posts D2, because, lol, again, giving a shit, especially when he didn't need to, especially when, assuming DDD-scum, it was against scum interests to do so.

---

Voting will be tonight
so I won't actually be on a scum lynch wagon, as is my perogative and preference
when I can actually do more than skim the last few pages. Also want to see if DDD calls me names.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Magua »

1. I don't like random setups.

2. Besides not understanding why penguin would confirm Walked as town, I don't understand why penguin let
me
people lynch Nacho on setup spec that he knew was wrong. I don't think it would've changed anything in the long run because of the Walked confirmation, but damn.

3. Really do not enjoy playing with people whose posts are "loldontgiveashit" because I find it impossible to differentiate between eg DDD's play and Syryana's play in this game.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1583, Sixty wrote:In the spirit of this, players should not be requesting for others to replace out*.
If this is directed at me: I respectfully disagree. Your setups sure as hell aren't balanced to handle town who don't give a shit, you don't give investigative roles to handle town who don't give a shit, so unless you provide another way to make another player actually give a shit, well, gotta go with what we've got.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”