Mini 1566: Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (Game Over)

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Vote: Hello Kitty

Hi everyone. First game back with the majority of regulars... let's hope this town is more competent than what I've seen recently.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:08 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 46, PhDScar wrote:No vote, no discussion of game, and no explanation of lateness. That is tempting.
On the other hand I've played with Jake before and I'm more than willing to wait for an actual post and let this slide.
If you've played with Jake before, wouldn't you know that's his opening post in just about every game? (In fact, I'm fairly certain he mentioned it was his opening post every time...) In which case, why is it tempting?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 103, Mac wrote:Any thoughts on the game so far AJ?
My eyes keep glossing over PhDScar's posts.. They're almost the extent that it's so boring I can't even devote the time to read it. That's my extent of gut reading someone as scum. I'm going to withdraw and not read too deeply into Sangres to look for an alignment... it's too early for someone like Nacho to have slipped yet so there is no point at making a read on him when he can play both sides with consistency this early.

I like Jake for town so far. Being just edgy enough to make people not completely comfortable with him and is asking some reasonably thoughtful questions. Drew some suspicion, took it in stride.

Marangal is obvscum. Please lynch.

To be honest, I've never played with bert but have been largely unimpressed by his posting. Contrary to popular belief, I don't ALWAYS think Marangal is scum... she's scum when she's not in an alt with mollie (Were you scum in Walking Dead Mafia? I never got to live long enough to be invested until the end... You and Nero seemed like scum though). Nevertheless, I'm think PhD is the most likely to be scum right now.

VOTE: PhDScar

I'd like to see you stop playing such a safe, boring and obvious early game...
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Me calling marangal obvscum was obvious sarcasm.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I think I had you as town in Two and a half men...

Yates simply outplayed me (and the town but whatever) in Slendy.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 226, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:AJ I can't detect ur sarcasm
If this is about bert's play, wasn't any sarcasm to detect.
In post 237, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:
In post 224, Aj The Epic wrote:I think I had you as town in Two and a half men...

Yates simply outplayed me (and the town but whatever) in Slendy.
you were pushing me like there was no tomorrow in two and a half men, but yeah I was town in walking dead and my play there was like, the climax of my town games that I can only dream of ever getting back to

VOTE: Aegor
In all honesty, I should probably scum read you here then, shouldn't I? You haven't flipped scum when I've read you as scum so me reading you as such would be better.
In post 272, BROseidon wrote:bork's not being as frequent with VC's as I'm used to :/
Pages 3-9 had to happen within 3-4 hours... I went away to do some work and the thread got dumped on.

If everyone could stop making tons of posts at a time in a row (4 from Mac, 5 from the cat, 7 from Bro...), that would be absolutely fantastic.

PhDScar, as you can probably tell by the flashing sign below most of our names, we've played in the same games often enough... needless to say, this group doesn't quick hammer wagons... In a large, I think the average day 1 size is 80 pages, I'd say this group puts an easy 40 pages in before a lynch. While you may not have known this, I'd hope you understand that we aren't bad enough to let obvious bad plays go unpunished.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 220, catboi wrote:
In post 214, PhDScar wrote:
In post 212, Aj The Epic wrote: Marangal is obvscum. Please lynch.

I'd like to see you stop playing such a safe, boring and obvious early game...
Mind backing any of this up with evidence? Or you know voting the person that makes sense based on your own reads?
VOTE: AJ
OMGUS that's not safe or boring, good enough for you?
this is a very bad post~

UNVOTE:

aegor might be scum, also. highschroomish is town.
In post 277, catboi wrote:
In post 271, BROseidon wrote:AD and sangres are my strongest town reads right now, and even that's, like, fairly marginal as far as read strength for page 11 goes.

VOTE: phd
why are you voting phd
Excuse me, but I'm uncomfortable with PhD lynch as long as catboi is voting to lynch him... Not one half-decent post so far from catboi, and a bit of a reversal in the two posts above. I'm under the impression catboi might just be really bad at scum and posting short/forgettable posts on purpose. Also, how quickly he followed onto this wagon, especially before this wagon was really a thing, makes me worry even more that catboi == scum && PhdScar != scum.

VOTE: Catboi
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 471, BROseidon wrote:457-459 is bizarre.
Considering Aegor's play... I'm going to have to say it just adds to a long list of moments that can have no explanation from people who've played this game ever.
In post 479, Mac wrote:Waiting on Aegor's reasoning for following Jake like a lost puppy
In post 466, Jake from State Farm wrote:Didn't even notice aegor changed his vote
Also this felt weird as fuck.
What would you make of it? Following a scum buddy seems to obvious, though Aegor doesn't seem like an experienced player. However, if it were my buddy, I'd probably just vote for him and drop him as a worthless partner.

Also Mac, can you explain how HC is town? To me, I don't mind Mara when she posts but the other hydra head is not helping their cause.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:14 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 509, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:
In post 506, Jake from State Farm wrote:
An appeal to fear (also called argumentum ad metum or argumentum in terrorem) is a fallacy in which a person attempts to create support for an idea by using deception and propaganda in attempts to increase fear and prejudice toward a competitor. The appeal to fear is common in marketing and politics.[1]
Examples
"If you continue to drink, you will die early as your father did."
makes the person scared of dying an early death

"If you cannot graduate from high school, you will live in poverty for the rest of your life."
makes the person scared of dying in poverty

"Voting for him is the same as voting for the terrorists."
makes general scared of voting X for president

"If you tell a lie, then no one will ever believe what you say again."
makes the kid scared of ever telling lies

"If we don't go to war, our country will be destroyed."
makes people scared of losing their country, thus causes them to go to war
In post 493, Jake from State Farm wrote:go ahead and lynch me guys I really don't give a shit anymore but please please PLEASE lynch HK when I flip town.

an Attempt to either scare me out of voting you, or scaring town into thinking you might actually be town

if you want I will even throw out my role claim now so you can all chat about how it's a "bullshit" claim.
an attempt to scare people from voting you via making them think you're a PR....
HKC needs to start signing their posts because if mara made this post, they're getting lynched right now for having no redeemable qualities.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 519, Jake from State Farm wrote:so why would bert get a pass but not mara?
You've seen mara play, right? How does Bert hang in the same league? Had mara made that post, something is terribly wrong because the argument would simply be too bad for her to make. As it is, that post is just a good summary of what I've come to expect from Bert so far. I don't have enough experience with him to judge him on alignment, though.
In post 545, Aegor wrote:Yes, Kdub, that is correct.

So I want SMP dead, and then HS. Also catboi.
How did everyone miss this? I checked his join date right after reading to see if this guy was new and was about to call him newb scum but now I'm confused: How do you justify this post? It isn't even trying to cover up that he wants to chain lynch.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 621, sangres wrote:
In post 434, Kdub wrote:Rereading this game was just as painful as the first time around.

I'm liking Aj and Mac as town so far. HKC's posting still is annoying, but I am getting a weakish town read on them because there are some strings of posts throughout that feel genuine and like they are honestly trying to work things out.
I'm not sure why you're reading AJ as town.
Please expand on this.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 733, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:Pardon me, I am slowly becomging drunk but jjake is so fucking sucm it isn't even funny anymore
This is garbage... Both jake and HKC need to stop posting towards each other, but Jake doesn't seem to be any bit more likely to be scum than HKC, although I'd take an HKC lynch due to that drunk post streak apparently being Mara... I expect better from mara tbh.
In post 848, sangres wrote:
In post 846, BROseidon wrote:
In post 720, sangres wrote:The other players I'd consider lynching are kdub, Aegor and AJ. Which is part of why I liked your catch-up. SMP is a maybe, which could firm up tonight, but I doubt it.
Had you mentioned any of these before the Anti replace-in?
That shouldn't be to hard to figure out on your own.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my concerns about Aegor. I think Nacho did too, but I'm not going to go back and check it. Aegor was pinging from quite early with his voting pattern. Nacho questioned kdub in his last visit to the thread. I don't think either of us have mentioned AJ, and Antihero did influence that read somewhat, mostly because his other comments have been very much in line with what I've thought about the game during those moments when I can hear myself think in here.
You mentioned me before Anti-hero posted, ignored my questioning of why you thought I wasn't town and answered jake's post, the post right after mine. So again, why do you think I might not be town? Anti-hero's posting certainly hasn't clarified anything at all.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 857, Antihero wrote:
Anti-hero's posting certainly hasn't clarified anything at all.
haha, is that right?

here's the original PhD vote: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5815906
and a few iso posts later...
here's the bail: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5821468

first off, the "case" is complete bullshit. catboi never "reversed" his read on phd, he simply asked BRO the reason for his vote. also, the timing of catboi's vote was scummy... how...? we don't know, so i guess that's left up to the imagination.

second, there's no attempt to analyze phd or
his
response to the wagon AND/OR the wagon in its
entirety
(aegor, BRO, and actiondan). when it looks like phd's about to get lynched, aj makes sure to hurry up and peel off the wagon and waste no time in incriminating someone on the wagon
he
started.
^that's because he's scum. he's not worried about actually analyzing what happened with the phd wagon; he's only interested in thinking 3 moves ahead and who he's going to attack next
A "few posts" on my iso equate to over 100 posts in thread. Please don't act like it was sudden. I never claimed to make a case on Scar OR catboi. I voted Scar on gut, and made it pretty damn clear it was exactly that. Catboi, I also said I was "Uncomfortable with" Catboi's timing. He voted right after me, made no real case and followed his pattern of having nothing thought out other than these short, unhelpful and frankly bad posts.

Half of Scar's post had been a spam/unhelpful to any case I could've tried to make. I also didn't believe that he would come within a close chance to be lynched so easily, and hence because I wasn't actively pushing for it did not present a case. When I feel someone needs lynching, that's when I present one.

And please. Read my scum games. I'm arguably a better player when scum. You stating anything of mine is "scum logic" is incredibly dangerous because I know and use that to my advantage. I'm not sure anyone here can actively attest to having played a full game against me when I was scum outside of Jake, who died N1. Sangres has at least read some of mine, including an SK game so can probably give some insight into my meta to verify this.
In post 858, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:
In post 855, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 733, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:Pardon me, I am slowly becomging drunk but jjake is so fucking sucm it isn't even funny anymore
This is garbage... Both jake and HKC need to stop posting towards each other, but Jake doesn't seem to be any bit more likely to be scum than HKC, although I'd take an HKC lynch due to that drunk post streak apparently being Mara... I expect better from mara
ok, is there any reason to why you keep making these kinds of posts, not following througj, and ignoring any and all interaction I try and have with you?

If you want me to stop tunneling, you need to at least try and get me to via interaction, and if you are scum reading me, even slightly, I expect you to firm it up in some way shape or form
I don't want to push it, Mara, because I want you two to calm down and stop storming this thread. Longer posts are better for me, so if you could get some word counts over 100 in some of the posts, that would be fantastic. I'm simply NOT reading you, as your posts have nothing good to glean from them.
In post 872, Antihero wrote:was wondering when scum would show up revving the chainsaw
Oh jesus. He's obviously my buddy because he votes you, right? Not like your shitpost tunneling could possibly warrant a vote...
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 885, PhDScar wrote:
In post 878, Aj The Epic wrote: Half of Scar's post had been a spam/unhelpful to any case I could've tried to make. I also didn't believe that he would come within a close chance to be lynched so easily, and hence because I wasn't actively pushing for it did not present a case. When I feel someone needs lynching, that's when I present one.
Wait what?! Half of my posts were "unhelpful" to any case you could have made? As in they didn't fit in with reasons for you thinking I'm scum, and therefore paint me not scum then you voted me anyway?
As in spam, RVS, otherwise. Your first three, your picture of the pacific ocean. In your first 21 posts, 9 were something that really had no true meaning for me.
In post 888, Jake from State Farm wrote:@AJ - I'm watching my wiz and I'm lazy. 2 recent town and scum games please
I only have one recent game, period.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35974

That's the victory scum game I had.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=30724

The traitor game, which took place in August. Yeah, tbh that claim by Mutt's replacement still makes me mad I didn't bluff it.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=30368

WD mafia, in July... I replaced in D2 and got killed N2?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28572

TBH, this is the last good town game meta to have... I had a period were I had a little offsite fuck up that caused a lot of decent meta to be messed with so this would be the last one I played as long as I could outside of WD as town... other than a one day stint in a game Desp hosted. Another Bork game, started in may of last year.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 926, Jake from State Farm wrote:houston we have a problem here, I like a Shroom wagon but i don't like the people who are on it
Mafia can bus, too... And I'm pretty sure your issue is just with HKC.
In post 937, Aegor wrote:FU, sangres. SMP was at 5 votes way earlier in the game. Where were you on that bandwagon then?

We have one day left. Please explain to us why HS should be kept alive.
Is there any wagon you DON'T like? I believe you've been fine with almost every wagon and have voted as such. Your vote hopping and willingness still is worrisome to say the least.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1230, SMP wrote:
In post 1229, Antihero wrote:jake actually would have been a better one

@mara: because kdub already claimed non-vanilla. but actually, now that jake mentions it, he would have been better; if SMP got a "non-vanilla, no action" result, that would have cleared jake.

p.edit: well, wait a second, doesn't your "result" just say that he's vanilla? according to that, he could still be a scum goon and just not have done the kill.
Correct. All I got was that he's a vanilla who didn't do anything last night.
Here's my issue. This role is like the ultimate in role fishing. The role is hardly believable with such a tracker/role cop part built it. You were getting strung up by the time it was brought out so I can't help but wonder if your role is an absolute last ditch effort to get more information for your team.

P-Edit: Hi muffinz. What the hell?

In post 1304, Antihero wrote:
In post 1285, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 1281, Antihero wrote:bad game design form.

not with a mod like bork.
stop trying to guess or out guess the mod and play the game, that's twice now and it never works.
i'm trying to play the game, jake.

i blocked SMP because i figured scum would send their most heavily suspcted scumbag to do the kill (so that they wouldn't lose much if they were caught out by a tracker/watcher/roleblocker).

assuming 10 town vs 3 scum (standard for minis), there was a 1/9 chance that a hypothetical scumroleblocker targeted me (additionally, we have to assume that the scum's roleblock resolves before mine).

SMP is scummy and, even assuming a mafia roleblocker, i like my 8/9 odds. i'm going with it.
I dislike the attempt at mod meta-ing as well, seeing as in every game with bork I've come across some different styles of roles, especially for scum.

Anti, since your claiming a blocker role, why SHOULD we believe this is any more than a ploy to get him lynched? All I've gotten from you so far is you'll do anything you can to get the people you have the slightest suspicion on lynched. Why wouldn't you have RB'd me or Kdub, the two you were vehemently against?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (isolation #16) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Sorry, I recently got promoted at my job and, due to the limited amount of staff in that position, am working far more hours... I'm going to have to replace out.

Kdub, Aegor has vote hopped all day. I don't like his mentality at all. He was one of the two main issues I had with voting PhD (the other being anti-hero's Catboi?)

Sorry Bork :( I was looking forward to playing one of these but I don't even have the time as is...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”