Mini 1563 - Vampire: The Masquerade Mafia (Fourth Evening)

displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Post by displaced »

In post 6, Kagami wrote:
- It's unclear (or was to me) from the rules, but the recipient of the diablerie is the person who is nommed the most (essentially, noms are votes) with ties broken randomly.
We could make our diablerie noms public, someone keep a count and agree that everyone nominate the player with the most diablerie votes. As long as it's adhered to we minimize ghoulscum influence on the diablerie action?

@Squirell got some flavour with that claim?

VOTE: Aronis

Onward!
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:55 am

Post by displaced »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Also, publicly announcing diablerie is a fucking terrible idea. You might as well say "look at me, I've just gotten a ton of Vitae, don't kill me pls."
well OK maybe I didnt fully weigh the cons of the idea but as it should be going to obvtown and scum tend to kill obvtown, the scenario isnt that much different.
The flip side of no organization is that scum are going to get the vitae most of the time.
Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 15, displaced wrote:@Squirell got some flavour with that claim?
I certainly do. Except that I also think it's pretty clear I am not full claiming. I am claiming an affect related to my role PM, that I am a Miller. It is important that I claim this out of the gate because it will help town focus itself more usefully with any human detecting powers. That was the reason for that part of my claim. However, I am unaware of myself being under suspicion, so I don't see the value in full claiming at this stage nor do I really understand why you want me to. Is there some advantage I'm overlooking? If it's helpful to town I could full claim, but I'm pretty sure that's not helpful right at this stage. Can you explain what I'm missing?
Not asking for full claim just flavour, mainly because I know the game itself (and know that you do to based off your comment in the sign ups) and struggling to think of reasons for a vampire that would "detect as human" that would fit with the flavour. That being said, it is quite a while since I played any of the Storyteller games, so I could just be having a senior moment ...
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:09 am

Post by displaced »

What is wrong with that generalization?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:07 am

Post by displaced »

In post 31, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 28, displaced wrote:Not asking for full claim just flavour, mainly because I know the game itself (and know that you do to based off your comment in the sign ups) and struggling to think of reasons for a vampire that would "detect as human" that would fit with the flavour. That being said, it is quite a while since I played any of the Storyteller games, so I could just be having a senior moment ...
I could think of a number of possibilities just off the top of my head. Maybe I'm a Mummy. Maybe I'm a dhampir. Maybe a thin blood. Maybe an Ananasi. Maybe a yang imbalanced Kuei-jin. maybe I'm a ghoul and want to claim loyal ghoul. There are dozens of possible explanations and the above are simply ones where I'd still arguably be able to pass as a Vampire, it doesn't even touch on the possibilities wherein I'm something else. If all you want is a flavor claim out of curiosity pick one of the above and run with it. If you think the question has pro-town purpose then let me know the purpose and I'll gladly answer.

What's your read on Kthxbye?
Yeah I have this thing where I ask for flavour from miller claims, it's like a reflex, dunno why since your obviously gonna have thought it though if it were a scumbit anyway. I should probably try and cut it out. Also it looks like your flavour memory is much stronger than mine...

kthxbye should have more sympathy for the silliness of others and your point on his me/LLD stance seems reasonable but null is where im at really
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:31 am

Post by displaced »

Well if you really want to sit on me about it I'd say it was a scum lean but Im not really confident in my reads this early. As a general rule I prefer to replace in to games to have something to work with as I tend to suck at the early exchanges but because of the flavour I /in'd

I have an opinion about something else. Flavour claim makes me
unvote
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:28 am

Post by displaced »

kthx has a halfpoint I think, I am feeling a little putty-like but it kinda feels ok?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:46 am

Post by displaced »

In post 47, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 40, displaced wrote:kthx has a halfpoint I think, I am feeling a little putty-like but it kinda feels ok?
Why does it feel OK?
SGs town vibes
, my scumminess, or other?
Mostly this. I dont feel like Im being manipulated, just motivated. I can be prone to laziness and her gumption in trying to get me to take stances feels town

In post 70, d3x wrote:
In post 35, displaced wrote:I have an opinion about something else. Flavour claim makes me unvote
This is odd to me. Aronis didn't flavor Claim, he NameClaimed. Why exactly did this make you back down? Aside from that, why say you have an opinion about something else and then end your post? What was the opinion and what was it on? Did it refer to a ScumRead? If so, why no Vote anywhere? In short, what was the purpose in telling us you had an opinion on something without telling us what the opinion was? Finally, why haven't you followed up on it?
Well what to make of this? Pretty sure his name is part of his flavour but regardless he claimed his clan and his generation which is also flavour. This line of inquiry is excessively nitpicky and suspicious as a result. My opinion about something else was that I should unvote. Did my lack of a semicolon make that statement incomprehensible? For clarity I unvoted because of Aronis' generation claim; a sixth generation vampire is only a few steps away from the founders of the clans themselves and is a powerful critter indeed. I dont think we should lynch such a claim on day one.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:57 am

Post by displaced »

LLD would you rate the Camarilla clans in order of how useful you think they would be in this game?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:13 am

Post by displaced »

but name is flavour, how is it not? I cant see how you would make the distinction?

I think I want kats to die the most but I dont think it's for alignment related reasons :(
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:17 am

Post by displaced »

In post 86, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 84, displaced wrote:LLD would you rate the Camarilla clans in order of how useful you think they would be in this game?
I can go as far as to explain what I expect would be the abilities for each clan, but I'm not sure I'd want to do that right now without talking to SpySpy-kun first. I want his input on this.

But suffice it to say that I could probably name the powers of most vampire clans.

You're making a fatal mistake here thoguh, and while I don't want to flavor spec any more than I'm already doing, here are some things to chew on:

1) There are other clans besides the Camarilla. Assamite, Followers of Set, Lasombra, Daughters of Cacophany, Tzimiche, Giovanni, Ravnos, True Brujah. Any or all of these could exist in this game.
2) There are other creatures in the world of darkness besides just Children of Caine. Any of these could be here.

So let's try and ignore flavor speculation as much as we can, but I do want Spyrex's take on this.
Yeah I know there are other clans its just the Camarilla ones are the only ones I can really remember with clarity. Also I dont think you can be so sure of which clans would have which powers? I could think of plenty of different powers for each discipline and I dont get why you're so sure of yourself here
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:30 am

Post by displaced »

In post 87, Aronis wrote:
Displaced, the nomination idea was not ideal
People keep saying this and are probably right but what about the flipside? Not having some organization means the scum team are gonna get the vitae for themselves more often than not. This is just as bad (or worse?) than giving scum extra incentive to kill a particular person, isn't it? I agree that my idea is flawed but we should still try to figure a way to do this better imo
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 am

Post by displaced »

In post 98, d3x wrote:
@displaced- What are your thoughts on vonflare's read of Katsuki?
I think it's overblown

Removed double post
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 am

Post by displaced »

vonflare wrote:
Overblown? explain.
You attached too much import to a post that was obviously silly and you assume scumkats would be this transparent?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:15 am

Post by displaced »

Neither do I but it's a bit too blatant for anyone? I guess it could come from really ballsy, trolly scum?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:21 am

Post by displaced »

Back but no time right now.

VOTE: Vonflare

for that scummy question he asked

Willing to lynch in [Vonflare, Aronis, AA9, Kats] today I think
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:23 am

Post by displaced »

In post 344, Squirrel Girl wrote:@Aronis - do you honestly believe that voting a dead person is a valid reason to want to policy lynch them? That's really no worse or of less info than someone who isn't voting anyone, right?
tbh I think Kats may have been trying to fake a townslip there
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:57 am

Post by displaced »

In post 350, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 345, displaced wrote:Back but no time right now.

VOTE: Vonflare

for that scummy question he asked

Willing to lynch in [Vonflare, Aronis, AA9, Kats] today I think
Which scummy question? Also, walk me through how it makes him scum from your POV.
Also, if you are willing to lynch from that pool and only you are voting Von, are you going to tell us why he's scum and why we should vote him or are you good just staying off the Aronis wagon?
Vonflare asked LLD if she couldnt be nightkilled. I see only scum motivation behind such a question.
I also dislike the "why me" chorus any time someone suspects him
What is you opinion of the relationship between Kat and Aronis?

Dunno what you're getting at here.

In post 355, mnemonicdevice wrote: displaced: wow that was a fast iso to read. Yeah... uh don't like the revealing diablare noms. Seems like a terrible idea.
Is this you trying to push some activity BS when Ive been announced as V/LA? Coming from a slot so inactive I had forgotten its very existence?
Also you're far too late to try to push the diablerie nom as a scummy idea. Bad luck
In post 369, Kagami wrote:VOTE: mnemonic

I like LLD for diab target. 2nd and 3rd choices would be Spyrex and katsuki.
I think Im OK with LLD nom personally. Spyrex not yet convinced and Kats you'll have to sell to me pretty hard. What is it that makes you townread him?
In post 370, vonflare wrote:
In post 355, mnemonicdevice wrote: Although Grey is the kind of person who would give scum a dayvig like that. I say that we wait and see who the scum kill. Townread for now
In post 355, mnemonicdevice wrote: She asks aronis about dayvig before d3x uses one, which is interesting.
So, aknowleges that there was a dayvig.
In post 355, mnemonicdevice wrote: monkey: likes kagami lynch who is my strongest town read. Hasn't really posted anything else. Minor scum read. Stop lurking please
Then tells the person who was dayvigged to 'stop lurking'.

Da heck is this?

since people are starting to read aronis as town (his 'too scummy to be scum' plan is working), I guess mnmonic is as good a lynch as any other, and better than some.

VOTE: mnmonic

I'm pretty sure that's L-1.
This catch has been caught. Reiterating it doesnt get you extra credit, sorry

UNVOTE: with intentions
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 am

Post by displaced »

kthxbye why such focus on squirrel girl? She was like the 5th player to post. You think scum would roll dice on a miller gambit with more than half the player list yet to post?

Reads

TOWN [kagami, squirrel, d3x, LLD]
NULL+ [Kthxbye, Spyrex]
NULL- [Aronis, Katsuki]
SCUM [Vonflare, Mnemomicdevice, ArcAngel]

I cant really gauge the relationship between Kats/Aronis because Kats is trying really hard to be unreadable. I think Aronmis' policy stance is reasonable, if taken in a vacuum.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:03 am

Post by displaced »

In post 411, Kthxbye wrote:What has you reading Spy as Null+?
His initial push on Aronis
What do you mean "taken in a vacuum"?
If there were nothing else to consider, policy lynching Kats for his playstyle is reasonable
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:37 am

Post by displaced »

Because the playstyle is a horrorshow?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 am

Post by displaced »

If nothing I had posted made sense dont you think someone else wouldve noticed by now?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 am

Post by displaced »

A player other than yourself, I mean? At least one player has specifically pointed out something I said and said "this makes sense" Directly refuting your above statment
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 am

Post by displaced »

Those are the players I think are scum
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:59 am

Post by displaced »

If MD is scum in my scum list and LLD is scum in my town list and Im scum, who is the scum in my null list?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:00 am

Post by displaced »

In post 424, ArcAngel9 wrote: D3x already rushed into monkeys Vig.
Yeah I agree with this :lol:
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:12 am

Post by displaced »

Ill get to this later.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:52 am

Post by displaced »

d3x wrote:
In post 412, displaced wrote:
In post 411, Kthxbye wrote:What has you reading Spy as Null+?
His initial push on Aronis
What specifically about his push has you TownLeaning on him?
In post 26, Aronis wrote:Since I am getting voted and flavor claims aren't that important(?).

I am Sasha Vykos, Tzimisce, 6th Generation.
In post 61, SpyreX wrote: However, I really don't want to lose sight of Aronis. I think we're getting too far afield already.

Look at your PM. Look at the wincon.

Then look at those two posts. We got a live one that flavor fucked themselves.
In post 227, GreyICE wrote:
In the deep gloom voices are raised. A din of shouting, and then you see it. A single spark...
fire!
The fear races through your body like a lighning bolt. In the jet you can see a face. A target, briefly. And then the fire washes over him and consumes him, reducing him to ashes. And then it fades.

D3X
has reduced
MonkeyMan576
to ash. He was
Arnold, Gangrel, 11th Generation
and aligned with the
Vampires
d3x wrote:
In post 426, displaced wrote:
In post 424, ArcAngel9 wrote: D3x already rushed into monkeys Vig.
Yeah I agree with this :lol:
If you mean that I wish I'd saved it for a certain replacement, I also agree.

:wink:
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:03 am

Post by displaced »

Apologies for absence

First grasp on the night/todays claims

SG kill is weird since I was thinking the mnemoic town flip kinda cast doubt on her miller claim, but it looks like the setup has functionally two miller variants. SO this leads me to believe Arc's claim and want her around at the expense of others. I also think the SG kill points at kthxbye as potential scum.

Vonfalre remains a good lynch
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 am

Post by displaced »

I think scum are Kthxbye, Spyrex
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 am

Post by displaced »

I think scum are Kthxbye, Spyrex
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:37 am

Post by displaced »

Im Mike the Lawyer, 12th generation Brujah. For the cost of a blood I can make my vote count double.

Popcorn to Kthx

I think Spyrex because his major convictions have all turned out bad and his comment at the end of day one kinda sticks out at me now. Plus Kthx has this weird thing going on where he's really interested in people's read on Spyrex while not being interested in sorting him himself.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (isolation #31) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by displaced »

Kats why havent you claimed?

I'll elaborate on my reads when Im not at work
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #32) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 am

Post by displaced »

In post 658, Katsuki wrote:(the squirrel NK N1 was extremely odd to me too).

I was expecting it to go on either LLD, d3x or myself. The fact that none of us drew the NK, and went to the claimed miller read odd to me.
Yeah I agree with this as I mentioned in my only post of day two. I think this kill points at Kthxbye as scum since SG had a page 1 scum read on him which didnt quite get lit up into something extremely major, so killing her could be an attempt to prevent the re ignition of her scumread on day two?

Ive been through Vonflare's ISO and as I was sorta expecting Kthx and Spyrex are barely mentioned. Kthx is mentioned only after D3X asks about the early wagon on him and Vonflare just dismisses it;
In post 101, vonflare wrote:
In post 80, d3x wrote:I may shed a tear.

What are your thoughts on the KthxWagon? What are your thoughts on Kthx?
Being pushy, reminds me of Albert B Rampage. Anger isn't usually alignment-indicative, though.

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about Kthx. Did he do something scummy? maybe I missed it.

More reads coming when I get some.
Im pretty sure that's the only mention of Kthx by Vonflare in his whole ISO. It's not until post #470 that Spyrex gets a look in
In post 470, vonflare wrote:Well, I would give it to SG or Spyrex. both seem to be town-motivated, even if the latter seems to use a lot of metaphors.

Just in case anyone was thinking about it, don't give me the diablarie, I don't have any powers yet.
Where he gets a weirdly hedged town read/diab nom suggestion. I mean this is a pretty weird statement. Why the qualifier over Spyrex's alignment due to his writing style?

That's pretty much it for either player.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #33) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:11 am

Post by displaced »

Why Kats is probtown
In post 57, vonflare wrote:
In post 27, Katsuki wrote:HEY GUIZ

I NEED VITAE
I GOTS LOTS OF SHINY GAMEBREAKING POWERS
DANKE

Vote: SG
Ummmm, no one noticed this?

VOTE: katzuki

BTW, im V/LA on weekends. will catch up on monday.
In post 92, vonflare wrote:
In post 59, Squirrel Girl wrote:I figured it as RVS tomfoolery and ignored it, myself. It didn't seem very exciting or alignment telling to me.

@VonnyBoy - what is the scumtell there in your eyes?
It seems to me that he is hinting at wanting the diablerie, and it figures that ghouls would want the diablerie so the vamps dont have any vitie for ther vampire consumption thingy.
In post 93, vonflare wrote:Lol i just read my above post, lots of grammar errors.

"It seems to me that he is hinting at wanting the diablarie, and it seems that ghouls would want the diablarie so that the vampires would not have enough to survive."
In post 106, vonflare wrote:
In post 103, displaced wrote:
In post 98, d3x wrote:
@displaced- What are your thoughts on vonflare's read of Katsuki?
I think it's overblown
Overblown? explain.
In post 110, vonflare wrote:
In post 109, displaced wrote:
vonflare wrote:
Overblown? explain.
You attached too much import to a post that was obviously silly and you assume scumkats would be this transparent?
I don't know scumkats.
In post 112, vonflare wrote:
In post 111, displaced wrote:Neither do I but it's a bit too blatant for anyone? I guess it could come from really ballsy, trolly scum?
Hey, I don't know anyone here. I just go with what i'm given.
I think this series of posts indicate Vonflare felt he deserved more traction with this push and didnt want to let it go, so more likely to be a push for a mislynch than a distancing play.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #34) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:30 am

Post by displaced »

Why I think Shadoweh is town: The force replace is gonna be a town player more often than not, simply there are many more reasons a town player would have to be force replaced than a scum player. This isnt supersolid or anything but from a probabilistic POV it's a money winner in the long run
In post 264, vonflare wrote:Why? are you NK-immune?
I also dont think Von would ask the above question of a buddy, it's a terribly scummy question to ask and one that immediately caused me to scumread him. It would have to be a player I considered extremely proficient to ask this question to make me even consider some kind of strange WIFOM play might be afoot, and even then, it would still be considered a long shot.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #35) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:50 am

Post by displaced »

Just an activity post while we wait
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #36) » Mon May 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by displaced »

Agree Kthx continues to look very likely scum. Some of the analysis in his PBPA of Vonflare looks really manufactured. He already has some weak interaction with Vonflare and a lot of my Spy suspicion stems from similarly weak interaction by Kthx with Spy. Until now...

I dont think Spyrex's claimed role and Aronis' claimed role sit well together in the game. Two redirectors and were heading into Tar territory and Im p sure GreyICE is on record as NOT A FAN. Also the roles dont mesh when interacting with each other. Looks like SPy has winged a fakeclaim and missed the detail of ARonis' claim.

Kats' super power seems plausible (and insane) enough from a flavour POV, but also seems like it was written as a contender for best/worst fakeclaim. Writing this off as minor heebiejeebies and staying on target.

We should think about diab. I reckon Kats gets a hit.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #37) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:57 pm

Post by displaced »

I tell you what's suspect spy; Me calling you and Kthx out as scum and then the both of you calling me scum with the other. (This made me much more confident in Spyscum as all I really had were Kthx's weak interactions with you)

Also Aronis claimed a redirect. You claimed a redirect. Saying "two redirects" is kinda a normal progression?

Also the two claims spaz out if Spy redirects onto Aronis. They dont comfortably coexist in the same game and doubt very much GreyICE would include both.

SPy's claim is fake.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #38) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by displaced »

SpyreX wrote: So, go ahead and tell me how those "spaz" out at all. Tell me what world imploding interaction you see there.
Not so much like it would make a black hole in the game or anything but for the roles to coexist they need a hierarchy which would cause one role to not function as written. It's just ...inelegant.
What "major convictions" were wrong? Aronis scum? and... others?
mnemoic. I feel your zeal over his fractured claim looks extremely bad in retrospect
And you called me scum at the beginning of the day
before I posted
and now its because I called you scum.
Heh. I found it amusing my scumpicks started distancing from each other through me. Helps shore up the defences against second guess syndrome
The one thing, for sure, I want to see today now that I think about it is displaced laying a vote with his ability active on kthx. I want to see if its either bullshit or if the number to lynch changes. Because if either of those things don't happen then there's either one scum left or he's town.
I only have 1 blood left so using it means I have to get the diablerie or town probs loses overnight. Im also told my ability will fail if the game state is such that an extra vote could cause town loss. This does mean I could use the ability to determine if we are in lylo but only with a play that is fraught with risk.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (isolation #39) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by displaced »

Shadoweh wrote:I don't see why confusion over redirects changes anything about kthxbye abandoning ship unless you think he's town somehow.
It sounds more like wording that would stop it from working in LYLO. Though it's weird that it doesn't say 'does not work in LYLO'. But I don't feel like critiquing the wordinngggg
Yeah like is Spy really haranguing me for not quoting my role PM?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #40) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Post by displaced »

ANy way the redirects

Spy forces me to target Aronis or forego action
Aronis forces me to target shadoweh

So how does it resolve without hierarchy, either I target Shadoweh and Spy's claim doesnt work as advertized or I forgo action and Aronnis' claim doesnt work as advertized
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (isolation #41) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Post by displaced »

In post 692, SpyreX wrote: Leaving aside that if you were to use this ability it is given that you have to get the diablerie and even bringing that up is just making excuses
This is so scum. The resource management in the game is of paramount import. (You say so yourself) I have been wise enough to use that in the best way possible, by not using my relatively weak power, and here you are pushing me to use it at the time when it is a terrible gamble to take.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #42) » Thu May 08, 2014 5:12 am

Post by displaced »

Spy is trying to goad me into game throwing. Talk about scraping the barrel.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #43) » Thu May 08, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by displaced »

SpyreX wrote:Show me how its game throwing and I'll vote myself right now.
There is no way to guarantee I get the diab, so Im not spunking my last vitae on your whim.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #44) » Fri May 09, 2014 11:02 am

Post by displaced »

Kthxbye wrote: Displaced could be scum because: Double voter that didn't use it till he was conveniently out of vitae? This role is easily conformable town yet he waited till he COULDN'T use it before claiming it? Red flags. His saving grace is that I think Spy is scummier for his play and his claim up to this point. I don't see the argument between them as town v town nor do I think it's faked. One is scum and I think it's spy.

VOTE: Spy
First up, my role in no way, shape or form confirms me as town. Not using it was the best use of it, doing what I could to ease the resource pressure.
Second, why am I not a townread if you think the Spy/displaced argument is town v scum and are voting SPy and not me?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #45) » Fri May 09, 2014 11:13 am

Post by displaced »

Should add that Shadoweh's commute is confirmed to be a thing, so you casting doubt on it being real is kinda shifty since you acknowledge its reality earlier itt
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (isolation #46) » Fri May 09, 2014 11:32 am

Post by displaced »

Hello would be cool if shouty bird was here right now
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (isolation #47) » Fri May 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by displaced »

SpyreX wrote:
There is no way to guarantee I get the diab, so Im not spunking my last vitae on your whim.
Its not my "whim" and there's absolutely a guarantee you numbnuts.

If you voted and used it regardless of what happens if town doesn't want to risk a loss
regardless of the alignment of the person being lynched
, then they have to vote you on the risk of losing even if you bus your partner.
Nope, because Im not going to take something that I can control and toss it into the lap of the Gods for zero upside. Scum could have some way of fucking with the mechanic that they have been saving for this kinda scenario for all I know
But, whatever I'm literally done when no one gives a shit even pretend-style. At this point there's too much stupid for it to be all scum posturing.
Or, you are scum posturing.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #48) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by displaced »

Kats, remember when you said you have never read Spy wrong? Well now you have.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #49) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by displaced »

Well as the saying goes "there's a first time for everything"

:P
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #50) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by displaced »

Cool. You know Spy replaced me in that game? Compare my play there to here
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #51) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by displaced »

ISO me I have probably under 10 posts
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #52) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by displaced »

Probably not though? I was thinking last night that due to Aronis only moving the kill somewhere else if he is targeted by it, then Shadoweh's confirmed role is the only true protective role in the game and as such is town
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #53) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Post by displaced »

Do you remember I was in faraday's asoiaf upick, Shadoweh?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (isolation #54) » Sun May 11, 2014 1:01 am

Post by displaced »

Well trolled, Kthxbyescum.

Also for Shadoweh here is what Cephrir had to say when Spy replaced into my slot in asoiaf upick:

Omigosh a good player

Yesssssssss
It's message #190 in the QT if you want to refer.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #55) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by displaced »

How the fuck did you fall for that?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (isolation #56) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by displaced »

How the fuck did you fall for that?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (isolation #57) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Post by displaced »

I guess it wouldve been p shameful if scum didnt win this after the masive leg up they got but JESUS FUCK
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (isolation #58) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Post by displaced »

*Waits over a week for day to start gets hammered without posting*

NICE
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #59) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Post by displaced »

wp I guess shadoweh
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #60) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Post by displaced »

wp I guess shadoweh
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (isolation #61) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by displaced »

Be back in a few hours but yeah that wasnt much cop :(
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #62) » Wed May 21, 2014 12:35 am

Post by displaced »

I mean why didnt the game just end with kats flip? Like you both have to be scum for it to go down like that right :lol:
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (isolation #63) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:12 am

Post by displaced »

Shadoweh, your hammer was so bad it broke the site
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (isolation #64) » Thu May 29, 2014 4:39 am

Post by displaced »

Why no backup mod GI?

Also regarding the modkill, I think I agree with Kagami, broadly. I think the modkill was justifiable but the repercussions were not. If it hadn't been for Kagami's power killing Vonflare, the modkill wouldve effectively decided the game on the spot, which I find fairly absurd. (Punishment for a player compromising game actually compromises the game far more decisively)

Given the role PM's I am even more bemused by Aronis' play, I got the distinct impression from his claim etc that his role was compulsive but it turns out not to be? He should be aware enough to know that he wouldnt be a NK target with the focus he was receiving during the day game and that his role even if successful in redirecting a kill is more than likely to have negative impact. Basically this role shouldnt be used unless you are some town god who is an obv NK choice, and even then with some trepidation.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #65) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:23 am

Post by displaced »

Was there a dead QT?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #66) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:43 am

Post by displaced »

So I just read the dead QT: Don't retire d3xy boy !
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #67) » Sat May 31, 2014 1:55 am

Post by displaced »

I mean yeah I probably overegged the redirect thing but apart from that your attacks weren't legitimate?

Given Kats' town flip proved you were talking bull about the double vote how can you hand on heart say you'd have lost too? Shadoweh lost the game because she acted on drunken impulse, not because of anything solid you presented.
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #68) » Sat May 31, 2014 4:27 am

Post by displaced »

Well it's her excuse not mine!

But yeah I agree that Spy's opener of the fourth day to be a scum claim and was extremely surprised Shadoweh fell for it (probably why I believe that she did indeed let the wine decide)
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (isolation #69) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:59 am

Post by displaced »

Could we get the scum qt matriculated one?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”