Mini 1551: Tales of Vesperia Mafia (Game Over)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2396 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

By the way, Kaze. (I think it was you, anyway.) Remember when you asked about mafia hiders? And I basically had an immediate response to your question? While it's true, I was in the game with the mafia hider, there's a different reason I had that game in mind. It's because, by the time you had asked? I was long-since dead and spoilered, in AP's game, which had...
...A mafia hider. That I proceeded to rant about having been overpowered. :P The past game of mine where I encountered a mafia hider was brought to my attention mainly because I already had it in mind for a different game.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2399 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:44 am

Post by mastin2 »

By the way, while I realize this game is somewhat old by now, I'm willing to give feedback to everyone in here if it's asked. Kinda sorta had some, but not in-depth.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2404 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2400, GreyICE wrote:I have some feedback for you if you ask
This might surprise you, but I actually love it when players actually give me feedback. Now, granted. If it's yelling/ranting/shouting something (especially vague), akin to "DON'T GET MISLYNCHED, YOU MORON!", it's not going to do much other than provide a nice laugh.

But if it's actually serious, legitimate, in-depth feedback? There's nothing I could prize more than that. Of course, I fully expect that there's almost nothing someone else can tell me that I haven't already told myself. (Trust me. I know of my screwups more than most people do.) So pretty much anything someone would give me feedback on is going to end up having been redundant. (One of the things I often do when giving post-game feedback is include a section on myself and my performance. Generally, the overall answer across my games is, "I did okay, but not great. This is what I did well, and this is what I didn't do so well." Including this game, where essentially I had okay reads, but not awesome reads, and while I had an okay presence, I didn't have enough of one, and while I had a good approach of not confbiasing, I didn't reach the answer in time, among the list of faults.)

...But (1) the reinforcement is nice, and (2) you never know, it actually
could
be something I never thought of, and the advice can bring it to my attention for the first time, meaning that I can actually do something about it.

So shoot away; it can't hurt.
In post 2403, Ms Marangal wrote:gimme mine, I still don't know what the fuck we did to warrant that quick lynch
I
will
do what I can, but a fair warning is that, well...I can't really help scum that much when I'm not there along-side them. Additionally, your lynch was a bit of an abnormality. I'll have to take a closer look to be sure, but basically, this game was filled with players who knew both halves of your hydra intimately, and your entrance felt immensely "off" to them.

The best phrase I can think of is that your posting lacked the "wow" factor. It felt like scum replacing in and being out of touch with how to synchronize with the game. (Which it was!) Rather than town coming in and trying to figure things out. I'm not sure how precisely I'll be able to help address that bit. Especially given that.

All-in-all, your posting felt, well...faked, I suppose the best term would be. It was relaxed, sure, but it didn't feel natural; it felt forced. I can try to give you better than this, but it was what it was, and you're basically asking me how you can become better at manipulating players when I'm not exactly good at pinning what made the players scumread you correctly.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”