Lepton the n00b b00b
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:01 am

Post by Lepton the n00b b00b »

I have nothing to add but a splash of speculation. There appears to be a player who is capable of making another player sit out of the voting. I don't think that this role is evil, because if it was, two mafia players could identify themselves openly once there were 6 players remaining (or 7 if they wanted to take a chance). That's not a very long, or fair, game. So the 'de-activator' is probably a good role. Assuming that this role exists at all.

shadyforce, your logic is kinda sucky, but at least you wrote in a way that suggests you have no clue what's going on. :)

I have no reason to vote for anyone just yet, but if any evidence comes to light, I'd consider jumping on a bandwagon. (choo choo)
Lepton the n00b b00b
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:13 pm

This post assumes that a player has the role of "de-activator", which will remove a player from the voting for a round.

---

Unless the de-activator (a) is evil, and (b) knows the mafia, s/he has already given us a very slight clue, probability-wise. While there is an equal chance that each of us who can speak is the de-activator, there is a zero percent chance that Quagmire is the de-activator. Thus, the probability that Quagmire is one of (presumably) two mafia is 2 in 8, compared with 2 in 9 odds for the rest of us.

However, if we lynch Quagmire, s/he has no was to defend him/herself and make a role claim. I am attuned to ignoring such claims, since a caught mafia will say anything. :) I'll await your opinions before voting.

---
shadyforce, let's suspend our discussion until tomorrow. I have very little to add, nor have I any desire to mull of pedantic points.[/i]
Lepton the n00b b00b
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:52 pm

Check the end of the first post in this thread.
Lepton the n00b b00b
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:01 am

Vote: Quagmire

I'll admit that my logic (outlined in the second half of page one) is shaky at best, but it's a lot more than going on nothing or lynching someone for making stupid posts.

Spart is the only one yet to post. I talk to him on AIM occasionally, and will give him a kick in the seat of his pants if I see him today.
Lepton the n00b b00b
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:20 am

I will retain my vote for Quagmire, as I believe it is the best chance we have. However, if Lady of the Wood has not claimed a role in the next 24 hours or so, I will switch my vote. We no longer have a deadline, but I doubt that any interest in this game will be retained if it last until november.

I haven't seen Spart online.
Lepton the n00b b00b
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:31 pm

You mean mafia? :P

Unvote Quagmire

Vote Lady of the Woods

We've asked for a role claim for 3 days and she's had the most votes for 5. Enough is enough, already. Let's get on with it!
Lepton the n00b b00b
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Lepton the n00b b00b
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:34 pm

I don't think that SK is reluctant to enforce the deadline. On the GL, deadlines are used to inspire conversation, not to end a day. She might be thinking that we're active enough to manage a lynch on our own. Additionally, it
was
a long weekend, so it seems fair (to me) that the deadline was revoked. (although I would maybe have established a new one)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”