Mini 1595: WiFom City: The Inquisition - GAME OVER - THANKS!

Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Holder of the Heel »

/Confirm

So now 24 hours from this post the pre-game shall end.

I've never played Witch Hunt nor have I even heard of it so right now I'm trying to wrap my mind around the set-up, in fact I've never played with the entire role list being available at the start. At the moment I am thinking that fontisian's point about receiving a Gravedigger claim is understandable. Unfortunately I cannot help with that for that is not what I received so I can only echo the notion.

Also if anyone of you is the type that tries to meta everyone they're playing, I can only really direct you towards Newbie 1518 where I was a Vanilla Townie.

Side note, I'm somewhat confused about people calling others Town and Scum already, I'm assuming it's not very serious, like this is "RVS" without the votes. Otherwise I'd need explanation to understand.
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:50 pm

In post 59, Atum wrote:The town/scum thing is some meta and some very low info post analysis as far as I'm aware. However fontisian is probably scum. Something tells me you already know that though.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but... no. It's a bit much for me to slap labels on players in general, to do so already, let alone any in particular, isn't very useful and can only serve to cloud judgment, or so I'd like to think as I'm not understanding still. Anyways, she seems fine, her showing some initiative to talk about the set-up while null in itself to me is still appreciated.

As for the Gravedigger topic, it benefits Townies more to hear from the Gravedigger as the information is provided during the Day while we're hunting. It's a bit hard for me to explain what I'm thinking, but it's another piece that is being added to the disposal of everyone hunting. Acquiring that at the mere cost of crossing one player off the "potential-holy-character" list seems to me presently to be worth it. Getting the other roles to claim does little for the Day's proceedings. Acquiring the accountability from any of the other roles, looking over them again, doesn't seem to offer the same perks, without their being a relevant situation, unless I'm missing something.

In post 60, ika wrote:
In post 58, Atum wrote:ika, don't you claim for me. I can claim all by myself.

then claim gravedigger for us and move on. i only glanced but you gave stong opinions on "why gd should claim" whitch implies gder.

or do i need to go back to how i found clackers a judge in our old game?

Why are you so eager to categorize everyone into roles before the game has even begun? To what end does this help us?
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 pm

In post 66, fontisian wrote:Heel: No, I'm not joking. Atum is town and Rubicon is probably town.

Am I supposed to be convinced? Such declarations are more sketchy than anything otherwise notable. And I don't mean this as a way of insulting your skill or accomplishments. It just doesn't seem like an accurate or helpful thing to state so offhandedly.
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 pm

In post 73, ika wrote:Pedit: I work best when everyone's roles are known.

When I asked that I was less concerned about the conditions you perform best but rather how we collectively would work best.

I have a bomb btw

...Am I missing something here? Why would you say this right now?
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:07 pm

I'm not sure but I have a feeling it wouldn't involve claiming Bomber and using almost zero information to *seriously* claim people are scum and town.
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:26 pm

In post 78, ika wrote:Heel could be scum...

All of the players could be, which was kind of my point in regards to my alignment comment. I guess it doesn't really matter though if players want to do that, not everyone has to think the same way I do if it's innocuous, we've not even been granted rights to use our votes yet. It just doesn't make much sense to me and in my newbie game here I'd have given pause to it.

And you didn't answer my question, unless your second line is implying that without any obvious route of discussion your only option is to claim out in the open a pivotal role, which is absurd.
No one else just claim out like that unless we come to an agreement that it'd be wise
. Note, ika, that the subject of whether the
gravedigger
should claim has been brought up for
consideration
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:44 pm

In post 87, ika wrote:Nah we should have mass roleclaim day 2

Is this really how these play out? I'm seriously asking here.

Atum wrote:I think I'm missing something, when did ika claim exactly?

Also, tempted to claim to irk you now just because, Heel. I've gotta get more sleep consistently.

In post .

Also, you're mean...
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:15 pm

ika wrote:Forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=26382

That's... a lot of pages. Although I feel like skimming through it might do me some good. I'll try to get around to it, thank you.
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:52 pm

In post 107, fontisian wrote:No. The convincing will come later.

Assuming you are correct of course, which is confirmation bias whether you're right or wrong. But alas I do indeed see you were able to get nearly all of the scum save for our hostess which you were uncertain on. As impressed as I am that you were able to do it then, I'm still going to have to treat this game as its own separate animal. I won't trust that you know what you're doing, I'll trust that you can
show
me you know what you're doing. Follow up on this promise and I will not have anything bad to say.

Ika's Honey Read:

Honey is Town because he's acting as if he does not understand the set-up? We are not to consider the possibility that this is fake or even more likely fake, given that it's pretty clear from the sign-ups that this is an open set-up? I'm not an objective standard, but I was perfectly able to realize this even before asking if I could join. This is a pretty weak accusation, but my point goes right back to my doubt about deriving certain conclusions with little to no reason to actually acquire them in the light of other possible and/or plausible explanations. And I'd question whether Town wouldn't be a bit more uncertain given their alignment and wonder at how mafia has much to gain in terms of how well they look upon being "correct" in their reads.

What I do like about Honey's post was the bit about the Judge and questioning Jaro and ZZZX, but according to you that's less comforting than a display of pretty extreme ignorance?

Returning to the bomb thing, I've read through a bit of the game(s) I'm seeing here in this darklordpotter place, and I guess I'll retract my disdain for that claim. I mean, I still don't like it, but that seems something that this ika character would do at least. I'm not done reading, but it's getting really late.

Pedit: Oh my god what is going on right now? I'm just going to go to sleep..
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:37 am

Hmmm... this is getting somewhat confusing. I'm going to have to make this quick because I'm about to be busy.

@Mod I think it might be best to replace me with Expresso. My attention is going to be too divided to read through this, the other game (which has a link to another game..), and really try along with everyone else when they already have such a repertoire with themselves, the game, and the set-up, especially when it contrasts so starkly with my game and the way I went through it. Phases are long but I don't wish to play if I can't keep up consistent activity but more important activity that has decent effort behind it. And it's better this happens now before the game "technically" begins. Anyways, I apologize. Someone who can enjoy this fully and make it fun for the others should really be here instead. Especially now that I know that at the start of the next month I'm going to be more busy.
Holder of the Heel
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Holder of the Heel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:45 am

Well, my concern was also with the fact that my hands are going to be juggling with various things and I was thinking it'd be more considerate for everyone including myself to step down now and not give you guys trouble and manage my time, and of course it'd be more ideal for Expresso this way. I appreciate the kind words though. Maybe if this happens again sometime.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”