Mini 1646: Quil's Smalltown (Game over!)

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (isolation #200) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 am

Post by Bookitty »

I have one more trick to pull out of my hat, I think, and I would like to talk to Marquis about it before we lynch Anti.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (isolation #201) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 886, farside22 wrote:I had some concern with the idea of boo being Rolf to track vda from night 1.

What does this mean, please? Can you provide an example of it?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (isolation #202) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 693, Bookitty wrote:I'm not seeing how that will help us.

If Shiidaji had blocked either Reck or me last night and the person he blocked had been targeted for the nightkill then we would have lost Shiidaji.

I didn't get the vest so unless Reck got it it went to someone else. By the rules we would know if the vest's power had been used up (and that we got it) so if one of us was targeted we would know it. I'm saying it's not me. DeasVail will be able to tell us more.

Victor was Mafia and he was obviously killed by the SK. Tracking who he roleblocked would just give us a conftown not-SK (if he had roleblocked the SK, he wouldn't have been killed). He wouldn't have blocked another Mafia member.

So what's the advantage of me tracking Victor for last night, please?

Do you mean this, Farside? Where I said I didn't want to do that and didn't see how it would help us?

But then you say you didn't see how it would help us, so ... what are you talking about, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #203) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Bookitty »

Also @Farside:

What do you see as the primary benefit of Marquis stealing my role tonight? Can you explain it simply?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (isolation #204) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm starting to get the feeling that I will be nightkilled tonight and first thing tomorrow Farside will express her suspicion about the way I was killed. "It just didn't seem like a pro-town way to die, you know. That's why I'm suspicious of that slot. Did anyone do an autopsy? She's probably not really dead."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (isolation #205) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 888, Bookitty wrote:
In post 886, farside22 wrote:I had some concern with the idea of boo being Rolf to track vda from night 1.

What does this mean, please? Can you provide an example of it?

I do not know what you mean by this. I think it's autocorrect gone wild.

Are you saying you suspect my slot or Marquis's slot for the VDA suggestion, Farside?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (isolation #206) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't know that it's going to help either way, Marquis. You can't use the power the night you get it, and they'll know you have it, so you may as well just let me eat the night kill. I was thinking that if you flipped a coin as to whether to steal it or not, that would work -- it won't, though, because you can't use it til the next night and they could just kill me first and you then.

I want to know if Antihero was the SK or a second Mafia from Jingle. I'm thinking and hoping that Anti was the SK, because that means that we'll be down to one night kill.

We have DeasVail and BBMolla as conftown. Jingle cannot be the SK. Antihero is assuredly scum of some sort (and since he was an Insomniac, he will know that I targeted him and will know he's caught).

My own reads are that Farside and Flubber are the two scum and that Antihero is the SK. I guess there's an outside chance of Marquis, but I'm not feeling it now.

Jingle's investigation will give me a better idea if I am right or wrong on the distribution.

@Marquis: I have the sneaking suspicion that Farside doesn't want me to actually flip since that will ruin her ability to suspect me without making a case or giving a reasonable reason. I think I'd prefer to go out trying to investigate than to get both you and me killed and still have no investigation. It's of course up to you, but I think the role is suicide for a townie. I'm amazed I lived this long.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (isolation #207) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. It's cool with me, then, if you want to.

I would ask that you not make a definite statement in the thread, though, about what you're going to do.

I trust you.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (isolation #208) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

Regardless of what happens, I think that it's very unlikely that I'll survive the night anyway. But let's not give them extra options by letting them know for sure I can't investigate them tonight. Does that make sense?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (isolation #209) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

Since this game began, Farside, you have been throwing shade at my slot for reasons I do not understand.

You were certain that Pine/BBMolla were going to steal your role and were pushing suspicions at them based on a theory that does not even make sense.

You seemed to be trying to preemptively undermine whatever results I would be able to give. You can understand how that would make me suspicious.

It's more process of elimination. I don't trust you and you're differing with him. That makes me trust him more.

What is the advantage of Marquis stealing my role, Farside? Can you explain how you see that playing out to the benefit of town, specifically?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #210) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

At this point, Farside, it's too late to build trust between us. I tried earlier but eventually your obvious desire to get rid of my oh-so-valuable role did wear me down and I lost my townread on you.

I don't particularly care to put a target on someone else's back so you can throw darts at it in the same way you've done at me all game long.

It's up to Marquis. I trust him more than I trust you and I'm sure he'll do the right thing.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #211) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Farside: Do you think that Marquis thinking VDA was a good investigation is significantly different than you thinking Reck Night One was a good investigation? Why or why not?

I tried, Farside, but you were confbiased from the very start and there was not anything I could do to shake it. There's no trust now, but when I did trust you as town you rewarded me by trying to get me lynched and trying to undermine my use of my role in every possible way that you could. You admittedly weren't paying good attention to the thread, but you were definitely sure I was scum just the same.

Ultimately I couldn't see a town reasoning behind what you were doing. It's fine, it's the way some games go, but I just don't think you're town.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (isolation #212) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Bookitty »

So Antihero is Mafia. Hmmm.

Okay, I'm good with going ahead with this. I've given my reads such as they are. We still have two kills tonight though.

I won't be around this evening (I have a previous engagement) but if I don't see you guys again til the end of the game, it's been delightful and I <3 you all, even Farside whom I suspect of being scum. :)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #213) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm not upset with you, Farside. I think you're scum of some variety, but I surely don't think you're a bad person and my feelings are not hurt. I still <3 you, but I don't trust you in this game anymore.

If you're town, then that's on me and I will own my mistake in post-game. I just don't think you are town in this game.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (isolation #214) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't think my opinion on this matters very much, Farside, since I doubt I'll be around to argue about it later.

What does matter is this, I think:

Since Reck was killed by scum and since I saw Antihero carry in the kill, we can say for sure that Antihero-Victor-???? are the scumteam. The SK is still out there and still has a bulletproof.

I'm certain BBMolla is town. I have DeasVail and Jingle as town too. Jingle in particular was instrumental in helping me figure out to look at last night and not the night before, so I am giving him a shiny badge emblazoned with towncred for that.

Flubbernugget's naked vote could be a buddy vote; it's not as though Antihero WASN'T going to be lynched.

I read over both Antihero and Victor and I guess I could kind of see Farside as a partner there; I'm just not really sure about that, though. The attempt to taunt the nightkill, though, doesn't seem like a thing the SK would do. (Remember when she was convinced Pine was after her shiny Invictus role? That would be weird if she were the SK.)

Marquis is pretty far down my suspicion list right now. I could be wrong, but he hasn't seemed like scum, especially not with Anti and Victor.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (isolation #215) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

Congrats on your new status, DeasVail :)

I'm sad about Shii too, but either I'll have another investigation in the morning or I'll be in Mafia heaven with him.

I'm heading out now and I won't be around until much later and maybe not at all tonight. I don't mind if you lynch Anti in my absence since I'm sure he's scum and Jingle verified he's Mafia.

<3 <3 <3
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (isolation #216) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 929, DeasVail wrote:My preference would be that Marquis/Bookitty leave it unclear as to what their actions will be. It is obviously possible that one of them is mafia, but in the reasonably likely (imo) chance that both of them are town, I would rather scum not know what occurs until after the night is done.

I support and endorse this product and/or service.

I'm fine with the vote happening whenever. I've said my piece :)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (isolation #217) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

Well, Jingle isn't the SK. I tracked him night one and he went nowhere.

So that was unhelpful.

Bye, Anti!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #218) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 907, Jingle wrote:Reck was maf, shii was sk. That's pretty obvious though.

Why, what's up, Marquis?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (isolation #219) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

Per Jingle, Reck was the Mafia kill. Per me, Antihero visited Reck.

So Antihero is Mafia.

The SK killed Shiidaji by 1) aiming at me when Shii protected me; 2) aiming at Reck when Shii protected him or 3) aiming at Shii directly. I don't know how we can know which thing exactly happened though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (isolation #220) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Well done, DeasVail. I don't think I would ever have suspected you.

I'm fairly proud of nailing Farside as scum, though it was obviously too little and too late.

I was outplayed this game. On the plus side, I now know DeasVail for the conniving manipulator he is and I'll never trust him again until I forget in a couple of weeks. :p

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”