Mini 1675 ~ Choose Your Side (Game Over)

diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:11 am

Post by diginova »

Sorry, I was busy for the holiday. Reading up now.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:02 am

Post by diginova »

In post 30, Oversoul wrote:Maruchan could also be third party now that I think about it given his first post.

Did no one choose town =_=

Jeanne11 wrote:Maybe he will shoot mafia for us, though.

Those two posts (other than the mess with wgeurts) stand out for me the most.

I can't think of Oversoul's post as anything other than accidentally claiming scum/third party; I'm leaning third-party.
His posts so far have also been complete fluff... he's throwing his vote around too much without proper explanation and hasn't posted anything of substance.

Jeanne, though, is my biggest scumread due to that post. A venge shot D1, *especially* from someone claiming to be a jester, is useless; it's just another random kill without information, that in normal games would have a very high chance of hitting Town; here, there's at least a 33% chance of that.
She's also trying to move attention off herself due to her supposed "third infraction", but takes being modkilled far too jokingly for it to be true.
Her posts are even worse than Oversoul's, and has provided zero reasoning for anything she has said this game.

Groot is town.
Cooldog's 289 makes him leaning town for me.
wgeurts is VI.

VOTE: Jeanne11
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:03 am

Post by diginova »

In post 313, massive wrote:
In post 303, diginova wrote:A venge shot D1, *especially* from someone claiming to be a jester, is useless; it's just another random kill without information, that in normal games would have a very high chance of hitting Town; here, there's at least a 33% chance of that.

How, mathematically, does 33% fit into this statement?

All we're guaranteed is that town is the largest single faction, thus with three factions at least 33%.
I'm assuming with what we've seen so far that we don't have an absolute majority, just a relative one, which I assume is expected in a UPick.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:05 am

Post by diginova »

In post 314, McMenno wrote:Hello bros! It's Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewdiepie, and today we're going to play a game called "Mafia"! It seems like there is a lynch going on right now... Oooh is that a goat?

Content please?
Hopefully soon?
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by diginova »

What is this hunch, Oversoul?
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:17 am

Post by diginova »

In post 413, CooLDoG wrote:you still don't understand. He has turned into you. He doesn't realize that wrgruts is not game trolling. He is actually playing his role.

He is asking, "why not lynch the jester?"

If he was playing to his wincon, he wouldn't have quicklynched Massive.
His goal as a jester is to get *himself* lynched, and if you remember earlier, he was claiming that someone else getting lynched D1 would make it impossible for him to win if I remember correctly.
I'm not sure why anyone else keeps believing him... his gambits have failed.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:22 am

Post by diginova »

In post 220, wgeurts wrote:Somebody please hammer as otherwise I'm going to have to play this game with no way to win.
And replacing would be a fucking jerk for whoever replaces me.
This is bullshit.

Relevant quote for my previous quote.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 439, massive wrote:I have no problem naming townreads. I just have none. I also, however, have no experience with bastard games, so I may be putting more value in normal-game normal-expectations than I ought.

And in any event, I still have to figure out how to (a) survive to endgame and (2) figure out where the lines are drawn. If I'm the only townie, then there's likely multiple scum teams, and the only thing preventing one from winning is the presence of the other. Or, heck, otherS, I imagine. As a singleton townie I'm no threat to scum teams.

Not yet.

Let's just say this as you seem to be stuck on your paranoia that you're the only town, even though it's been disproven multiple times. If there was only one townie, even with multiple scum teams, there would be
no way for you to win
. The second you eliminate one scum team, the other would endgame you.
This is a game of mafia. Vi read this setup. It's (relatively) balanced.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:59 am

Post by diginova »

In post 469, massive wrote:I have perfectly legitimate reasons to believe I am the only townie in this game. They are not related to Mafia in general (see: any other game I've ever played) or to pot. I understand no one can say "yeah, you are totally the only townie in this game, and we are gonna kill the town out of you" but please, let's not resort to personal attacks.

If you believe this is so, how do you have a win condition?
"You win when yours is the only faction in the game, or nothing can prevent the same."

If you were the only town, that is impossible to achieve.

Your constant insistence that you're the only townie isn't helping us at all... as it gives you an excuse to stop scumhunting as you believe everyone is out to get you.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 403, GreyICE wrote:Proper punctuation and grammar will help your case!

Well then, I guess we're doomed.
At least
there are no tildes or diacritical marks in any posts by players in this game, ignoring quotes from the moderators.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:27 am

Post by diginova »

Looking back at Massive's posts, I don't really see him as scum; His 276 and 279, where he calls out the insanity that is wguerts, are good posts, he's just been hyperfocused on the idea that he's the only townie.
I'm not sure why he keeps repeating it though; it's perfectly fine to throw out a theory, but repeatedly stating the same thing doesn't bring anything new to the table, and it's not like we could even have a discussion with him, as his supposed "proof" seems to be something private that he's not sharing for some reason.

However, his 439 is not the correct way to do things:
And in any event, I still have to figure out how to (a) survive to endgame

No. You have to find out how to determine who scum is so you win. Unless you're a survivor or SK, you surviving to end game is not the main priority, and can in fact be detrimental to your team's victory.
I'd say null-town at this point.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 508, massive wrote:Looking for third-person parties that can win with the town is about the most interesting thing anyone has said this game. That's not a bad idea. I assume that's you, Plotinus. And my vote is parked (with reasons) on scum, so I'm not sure why people would think I'm not scum scumhunting.

This reads like a post that has been revised over and over again, and I'm not sure why anyone that's town would do that.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 am

Post by diginova »

I still don't see any reason why CooLDoG is scum. His , , , and I don't think could be posted by anything other than frustrated town.

Groot's still town; the only thing that could say otherwise to me at the moment is that Jeanne was mute mafia, but that's just setup spec.

Klingoncelt's been doing loads of setup speculation, but not much of anything. She just put a vote on massive in , after talking about how it was impossible in and . She's either not fully paying attention or trying to buddy with someone that corrects her, as Plot did in .

Massive is very much third party / scum, but isn't a valid vote.

Oversoul's doing far too much setup spec / role hunting for his own good. I also don't see any real reason why his vote went off Skold based on his . Also in , he's super-prematurely calling for Klingon to claim due to just a hunch, but then in his reads list he's now probably town.

McMenno hasn't done enough for any reads to be valid, and I don't think he'll do anything in the future due to his two-week V/LA.

I don't really have much to say about Plot... for some reason I can't read them. I'll try again later, but they're at least throwing out a lot of reads and information, so no matter what, town or scum, they'd be helpful to bring into D2.

Maru is very null-scum. His is good, but his is terrible. He's been far too focused on trying to policy-lynch McMenno.
Now what incentive do I have to use it however, on someone who I think is scum and refuses to claim when asked? Curiouser and Curiouser.

His and rub me the wrong way with his soft-claim: He was voting Massive and trying to keep voting Massive post-ignition, yet somehow instead of using his power to put him out so he could be voted he just goes right back to McMenno.

Skold's doing a great job of saying nothing/making jokes instead of actually posting. He's mainly repeating things other people said. I want more posts like his .

At the moment, I'm torn between Maru and Oversoul. I'm fine with a lynch on either right now. VOTE: Oversoul
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:43 am

Post by diginova »

Also, some information about my use of the red:
1) It's impulsive. I have to use it within my first 10 posts of each Day.
2) I'm not a time traveller, or I would have used it as Plotinus suggested in . The way I phrased the red wasn't by choice.
3) Game Rule 15 doesn't apply to me. Unlike all of you, if I get a strike it's an immediate modkill.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:46 am

Post by diginova »

Sorry, compulsive not impulsive. Not sure why I switched them up there.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:59 am

Post by diginova »

If I hadn't been out of town when the game started, my rule would have been much more interesting and far less fiddly, more like one of the ones plot came up with.
I can't post any rule that's already been broken, thus the riders on the one I did come up with.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:41 am

Post by diginova »

Assuming the flips don't give us any revelations, for.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:27 am

Post by diginova »

In post 44, massive wrote:Since im pretty sure you're ALL scum

In post 268, massive wrote:Because you're all scum. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who picked "town" for their motivation.

In post 317, massive wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm the only townie.

In post 338, massive wrote:I can only assume you want to direct some unknown pro-town role to kill wgeurts so you can use your scum kill elsewhere.

In post 343, massive wrote:I'm pretty sure that I'm the only townie in this game, and I'm not using any night kill I may or may not have to kill some unknown third party when I need to get rid of scum. And at this point, I couldn't care less whether an unknown third party wins along with me.

In post 436, massive wrote:Why do you think I'm scum? Is it still because I keep saying I'm the only townie? And before you go quoting the game signup like Oversoul did, note that that guarantee is not in the actual game rules. Also note that the possibility exists that you are ALL third-party and I actually AM the only townie, which would be hilarious.

In post 439, massive wrote:I have no problem naming townreads. I just have none.
If I'm the only townie, then there's likely multiple scum teams, and the only thing preventing one from winning is the presence of the other. Or, heck, otherS, I imagine.

In post 461, massive wrote:I've already noted a perfectly practical (and possible in this game) way that I could actually be the only townie.

In post 469, massive wrote:I have perfectly legitimate reasons to believe I am the only townie in this game. They are not related to Mafia in general (see: any other game I've ever played) or to pot.

In post 616, massive wrote:Well yeah. I'm the only townie. If I don't survive, evidently it's going to be a bunch of SKs and Survivors and whatnot fighting it out. (Man, I can't even THINK of that many 3rd-Party roles so I bet you guys got some doozies.)

I've never seen anyone in a game of mafia so single-minded about one topic literally the entire game, even when the rest of the players are trying to convince him otherwise. That's why I'd be fine voting him tomorrow; that sort of single-mindedness leads to mislynches (hey, he doesn't care who is lynched, as he's the only townie) and isn't beneficial to Town in general.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:33 am

Post by diginova »

I'd be fine with a skold lynch today, though I'll wait until a VC to see if either way of voting gets a rules infraction before doing so, as I don't have the liberty of taking any, and Oversoul's original vote for someone not on the player list (Ushiromi) got him infracted.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:26 am

Post by diginova »

That was four days ago, and it's interesting you ignored my and .
The posts you stated are me trying to convince you of your error, and your proves that trying that is like reasoning with a brick wall.

In post 616, massive wrote:I want to say "When I am revealed as town, go back and look at all the people who are convinced I am not the same alignment as them"

? This is in
the same post
where you say you're the only town yet again. Please explain your reasoning.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:45 am

Post by diginova »

Yeah, but going entirely off of your belief that you're the only town, why would you flipping town matter at all?
If your belief is correct, nobody would need to lie as they
would
be different alignments than you are.
Since you aren't the only town, it is a valid reasoning line to go on, I just didn't see why you in particular were making that claim, given your beliefs.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by diginova »

Klingoncelt's vote counted in .
My vote counted in .
Not sure how combined we only get one.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 634, Oversoul wrote:Probably because your Lady Lambdadelta. :shifty:

猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:28 am

Post by diginova »

In post 644, massive wrote:I don't mind where your vote is either. Looking just at 30, why isn't his question "did no one ELSE choose town?"

VOTE: Oversoul

Can you give reasons for your vote? It seems like every vote you've given so far this game has been either policy or without reasons. If you want an Oversoul wagon today, explain why everyone else should get on board as well.

Also, again your explanation sounds super weird given you assume that you're the only townie.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 654, massive wrote:
In post 647, diginova wrote:If you want an Oversoul wagon today, explain why everyone else should get on board as well.

Aren't you ON the Oversoul wagon? I'm confused why I have to justify the wagon to you, since you're already happily voting there.

Because giving cases and reasons both give people a chance to change their mind because other people look at it a different way, and also give information to us if the wagon is successful and the flip happens.
I don't think there have been any votes this game where you've given reasons as to why you're voting anyone.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by diginova »

Cooldog's still decently high on my townlist though... I've tried following your points but don't see Cooldog as the best lynch in any fashion.
I'd be fine with either Skold or McMenno; the fact that his V/LA lasts for *another entire game day* and he hasn't jumped on at all as he promised means my patience has run thin.
Let's do the one with more support so we can actually get a wagon going.

VOTE: Skold
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:02 am

Post by diginova »

If I had known there was this much McMenno support I would have voted him... I was just expecting not to be able to get a wagon going with two days left.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:43 am

Post by diginova »

Yeah but back then it was a policy vote without seeing how his gameplay is.
Now it turns out he's just going to lurk until endgame, and that doesn't help us at all.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by diginova »

So why is everyone so convinced this isn't multiball? There were two kills last night and who knows how many that were blocked.
Yeah, "brutally assassinated" sort of cues SK, but it's not guaranteed.

Also, what should I do as my rule for today? I need to make it sometime in my next 9 posts.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 763, Oversoul wrote:Multiball would make sense. Hadn't considered that. 3:3:x:x in a mini? Eh.. that's really unbalanced, even for a bastard game.

You should do "n0 l33t sp34k". Something that is not obtrusive. Although, I don't understand why people are suiciding.

You just invalidated me being able to make that rule by using it :D
I'm trying to make them as specific as possible so I don't accidentally create time holes. Time holes are bad.

And I'm assuming the mods are saying that MewThree either suicided as they were being killed, or had some weird role that got modkilled if they flipped.
That is true that there have been 4 mafia flips... 3:3 would mean there are only 2 third-party roles, and I doubt that.

The good news is we're either in a super-wonky 2:2:2 or we've already killed all the mafia (well, two suicided, but I'll take what I can get) and all we need to do is exterminate all the third-party roles.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by diginova »

I think it is time for me to speak in red, and hope that Lady Lambdadelta doesn't smite me for imposing on her domain.

There are no photos of cats or kittens in any posts by players in this game.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by diginova »

There's nothing preventing you from posting them, LLD... I just want the few remaining cats to be solely in the possession of Endless Witches.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 788, Klingoncelt wrote:VOTE: Diginova

Why r u so interested in cats, hmm?

If you've noticed, the only other person that posted cat pictures actually preferred *setting them on fire*.
I didn't want that to happen to any more kittens, so I cut it off at the source.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by diginova »

I hope that wasn't a quickhammer... discussion today would help a lot
L-1 if that wasn't the hammer
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #34) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 810, Oversoul wrote:Someone has to be an SK or something and that is why the game hasn't ended

If you were town you'd know that wasn't true... just read your role PM:
In post 1, UshiromiyaAnge wrote:14) The Town Win Condition is as follows!
*You win when yours is the only faction in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

You all probably know what I am, but just to reiterate:
I'm Lady Lambdadelta, Town Moderator. I have to make a rule in red every day that is added to the main game rules.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 824, Ozgin wrote:@digi - Did you make Rule #15?

I did not. I can only make one rule a Day and only publicly in-thread. I claim #17 and sadly also #18.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 825, diginova wrote:
In post 824, Ozgin wrote:@digi - Did you make Rule #15?

I did not. I can only make one rule a Day and only publicly in-thread. I claim #17 and sadly also #18.

EBWOP: Rule #15 was stated verbatim in my role PM though, along with the caveat that it doesn't apply to me.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by diginova »

In post 851, Klingoncelt wrote:Diginova, Oversoul, CooLDoG:

Do you know your alignments?

Yes I do. It states very clearly in my role PM that I'm town.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”