wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Metroid: Other Mafia, Endgame--Biobackfire

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:24 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Spoiler: Investigating Under Adam's Command (1/11)
ConSpiracy
Acosmist,
Metroid/Mafia Goon
, Survives and Wins!

Spoiler: Found Dead (10/11)
DarthYoshi,
Scientist/Reviewer
, Shot Pregame.
Bvoigt,
Little Birdie/Cute-Yet-Vicious Unevolved Ridley,
Shot Pregame.
FuDuzn,
K.G. Misawa/Vanilla Townie
, Executed Day 1.
hiplop,
Adam Malkovich/3-Shot Roleblocker
, Exploded Night 1.

SodaSpirit17
July,
Bottle Ship Worker/Vanilla Townie
, Deleted Night 1.
Baseline,
James Pierce/Odd-Night-Killing Ninja Serial Killer
, Frozen Day 2.

sword_of_omens
House Lannister,
Scientist/Vanilla Townie
, Devoured Night 2.

Haschel Cedricson
Yates,
Queen Metroid/Bulletproof Goon
, Slain Day 3.

Captain Greypatch
Jdietz43,
Lyle Smithsonian/Vanilla Townie
, Executed Day 4.

Ranmaru,
Samus Aran/JOAT
, Devoured Night 4.

9. Uberninja
Platinum Shadow,
Anthony Higgs/1-Shot Sponge
, Devoured Day 5.

DrDolittle
snifit,
Head Quarantine Officer/Vanilla Townie
, Devoured in Endgame.

Spoiler: Devoured by a Queen Metroid (0/11)
Keep this empty.

Rules(Modified from Bvoigt's ruleset with his permission)

General:

1. I have the final say if there are any disputes. However, I do make mistakes. Please let me know if you notice an error.
2. Personal attacks are not acceptable. Please remember this is a game and everyone is here to have fun.
3. Do not quote any private communication, whether it is a private message from me, or a QuickTopic with another player. Paraphrasing is fine.
4. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread, and don't discuss other ongoing games within the thread.
5. Don't use unreadable text, such as invisible text, small text, encrypted text, or text hidden within tags.
6. If you are, for some reason or another, able to edit posts, don't edit them.
7. Do not claim scum or claim your scumpartners.
8. Anything that is illegal to do is also illegal to fake.
9. I will post in a Bolded Red font. I'm fine with you using red, as long as you don't bold it or use it for entire posts.
10a. Modkills will be done in a way that is the most detrimental to your faction. Your role will then be converted to Neutral Survivor, autolossing you.
10b. Modkills will only be used in situations where the broken rule has an effect on the outcome of the game. In less major situations, Force Replacements will be used instead.

Activity and Deadlines:

1. If you are on Vacation/Limited Access, please post in the thread or send me a private message. I do not check signatures or the V/LA thread.
2a. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded.
2b. After being prodded, you have 24 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
3. If you are prodded 3 times, your next prod will automatically result in a replacement.
4. Every day will have a deadline of 2 weeks.

Gameplay:

1. Votes must be in bold. Unvotes are appreciated, but not required.
2. A lynch is reached when a majority of the living players vote for the same player.
3. A no lynch occurs when the deadline is reached without a lynch, or when half of living players vote for a no lynch.
4. Votes cannot be changed after a lynch or a no lynch occurs.
5. All players, including the player who was lynched, can continue to post during twilight.
6. Nights will have a deadline of 72 hours.
7. Any night action that I don't receive by the deadline will be forfeited. You may change your action as many times as you want until the deadline.
8. Dead players can make one contentless 'Bah' post.
9. Always play to your win condition, but also remember to have fun!

Game-Specific:

1. This game may not be completely normal, just a fair warning. However, it does not have any bastard elements.
2. Don't assume based on flavor.
3. Please, just play the game the way it was made to be played. I have absolutely no respect for people who go out of their way to break the game.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:42 am, edited 26 times in total.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 1

wierdalexv wrote:
Role PMs out later today, I'm going to double-check to make sure I didn't screw anything up first.

Also, we need a replacement for ConSpiracy.
wierdalexv wrote:
Wow, that was fast.

Before heading to the Bottle Ship, Adam gathers his men. Counting, he realizes one is missing.

"Where's ConSpiracy?"

The men murmur to each other, until one finally steps out.

"I'm Acosmist. ConSpiracy's down with a bad virus today, so I said I'd fill in on this mission."

Acosmist replaces ConSpiracy.
wierdalexv wrote:
Role PMs are out. Confirm your status publicly.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Confirm, yo.
Ranmaru wrote:Confirm.
UberNinja wrote:
Confirmation request acknowledged
Captain Greypatch wrote:Confirm.
Acosmist wrote:/confirm
sword_of_omens wrote:/confirm!!
although i'm going V/LA starting tonight through Tuesday night (02/07)
FuDuzn wrote:/confirming the s*** out of this game
DrDolittle wrote:/confirm
Gogogogogo
Baseline wrote:/Confirm.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
UberNinja wrote:
Confirmation request acknowledged
Intruiging.
Hiplop wrote:confirm
UberNinja wrote:
PRESS START BUTTON
wierdalexv wrote:
Adam steps up in front of the men.
"We are faced with a dilemma here."
He paces for a minute, and then continues. "Something must be done, as it is apparent that our group has been targetted by hostile forces of Metroids, and I believe they are mingled in with us."
A few men look around nervously.
"There's only one way to solve this death threat--with death."
The men hush, waiting anxiously to hear what he means.
"I propose a fight to the death."
"WAIT!" he shouts, as the men draw their weapons quickly, "that is not how I mean it. We must fight them logically, and refrain from killing wildly. That will only worsen our situation."
Taking a deep breath, he continues. "I say we choose one person who we think is a Metroid to kill, then rest for the night and see what happens. If there are still threats, we do the same again and again until we're safe. fake identities have probably already been established for these creatures. Therefor, it is a good strategy to hide our identities from the public and continue anonymously. Who is in favor of this plan?"
All the men shout "Aye!"
DarthYoshi, a man wearing a white lab coat, steps up the the front of the room. "I--I think I might know something about the Metroids. Th-" BANG. A shot explodes in the sector, echoing all around. The man falls to his knees and keels over.

DarthYoshi,
Scientist/Reviewer
, Shot Pregame.

Baseline quickly runs up, and shouts, "Who shot him?" When nobody answers, DrDolittle spits on the ground, grimaces, and utters, "We have a traitor on the loose."
Paronia quickly spreads around the room. FuDuzn picks up his gun and aims it at sword_of_omens' face, before being tackled and slammed in the face by Acosmist. SodaSpirit shoutsm "I bet it's Ranmaru!" before getting punched in the face by Hiplop.
Everybody is paying attention to the brawl but one. Haschel Cedricson is watching the corpse of DarthYoshi.

Bvoigt couldn't help it. He was drawn to the aroma and the sweetness of flesh. That mean lady threatened to kill him if he went towards it when he wasn't allowed, but it was much harder to keep this promise when the flesh was sitting right in front of you. So when DarthYoshi fell, he ran towards it in a frenzied hurry.

Haschel Cedricson shouts, "QUIET!" and walks up to DarthYoshi's corpse. Calmly he places the barrel of his gun on Bvoigt's head and fires.

Bvoigt,
Little Birdie/Cute-Yet-Vicious Unevolved Ridley
, Shot Pregame.

Captain Greypatch releases UberNinja from a headlock, and says, "So, let's begin."

The above is just flavor. Alignments and roles play no part in it.
With 10/11 Confirmations, Day 1 begins!
Ranmaru wrote:
Vote: Sodaspirit

For being too late to confirm. ;[
Ranmaru wrote:Also guys, please state how much experience you have with mafia. I don't know this if your first game or not.

I have been in plenty mafia games, I have lost count. Check my wiki.
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.1

[1] SodaSpirit17 ~ Ranmaru [L-5]
[0] FuDuzn [L-6]
[0] Captain Greypatch [L-6]
[0] Uberninja [L-6]
[0] sword_of_omens [L-6]
[0] Haschel Cedricson [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
[0] Ranmaru [L-6]
[0] Acosmist [L-6]
[0] DrDolittle [L-6]
[0] hiplop [L-6]
[10] Not Voting ~ SodaSpirit17, FuDuzn, Captain Greypatch, Uberninja, sword_of_omens, Haschel Cedricson, Baseline, Acosmist, DrDolittle, Hiplop

Wit 11 Alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
hiplop wrote:VOTE: uberninja I feel like an uberninja could deceive me quite easy, then chop me up

@ranmaru, I have over 65 games onsite, offsite havea bunch more and etc
Captain Greypatch wrote:
VOTE: Hashecl Cedricson
for also having a drunken sailor as an avatar.
Ranmaru wrote:Also guys, please state how much experience you have with mafia. I don't know this if your first game or not.

5 games and 2 marathon games.
FuDuzn wrote:
VOTE: Acosmist

How dare you tackle me.

Also, I have been a part of 7 games onsite, including this one. And about 15 or so on another message board.
DrDolittle wrote:4or5 games
obvscum:
VOTE: ACOSMIST
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Vote: Uberninja
, for obvious reasons.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 2

Acosmist wrote:
VOTE: hiplop

I have been playing since 2006. I believe I have played 6 games here and much more elsewhere.
SodaSpirit17 wrote:/conf

VOTE: Heschel Cedricson

people with long names are scummy, and I realize you have the same amount of letters as CG, but I've played with CG before so yea, die!! And today is also Tuesday, which means you must die!
SodaSpirit17 wrote:and this is the first game i've played since like november or some s***. haha i've started playing since July
Baseline wrote:I've played about fifty games of forum mafia give or take a few and a few thousand over at Epic Mafia but I wouldn't call those that relevant.

Vote: SodaSpirit

The over justification of the RVS reasons reads as a nervous attempt at fitting in.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Uberninja, do you agree with Baseline? Why or why not?
Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

I have been playing since 2006. I believe I have played 6 games here and much more elsewhere.

VOTE: acomist

voting me is a scumclaim >_>
Ranmaru wrote:

Hachlel, do
you
agree with Baseline? Why or why not.
FuDuzn wrote:Baseline, that seems like a stretch to me. It is his first post and is clearly trying to be over funny if anything, it is a null tell at best.
DrDolittle wrote:/agree with baseline. Noticed the same thing.
DrDolittle wrote:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Soda
Haschel Cedricson wrote:

Ranmaru wrote:

Hachlel, do
you
agree with Baseline? Why or why not.

That's a good question. Let me answer it for you, while simultaneously letting Uberninja know the answer I want to hear from him.

Oh wait, that's a stupid idea. Seriously, what was the point of you asking me that question?
Ranmaru wrote:Your question is actually a stupid idea. You shouldn't ask others questions without expressing what your opinions are first. It is more like a cop out, and that is why I asked
you
the question. It's also not really a question that can help find scum, so you shouldn't really be flustered about it.

If you would like to know, I didn't think Soda's post was scummy. I think it's fine to be silly in RVS. I think Dr doollitle's post was scummy because he didn't really explain why he agreed with Baseline, and he seemed to have missed Fudzn's post which explained why it may have been a bit shaky.

Unvote
Vote: Dr Doolittle
DrDolittle wrote:Counting even the number of letters in the names is a bit overboard to make an RVS post and stupid because it shows a wanting "to fit in" with other RVS. My vote is good.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:You shouldn't ask others questions without expressing what your opinions are first.

Nonsense. I want Uberninja to answer the question honestly; making it easier for him to guess what answer I want to hear is stupid.

Ranmaru wrote:If you would like to know...

No, I don't want to know! I give exactly zero f***s whether you agree with Baseline. Don't answer questions that are specifically targeted towards other people.
SodaSpirit17 wrote:
Baseline wrote:I've played about fifty games of forum mafia give or take a few and a few thousand over at Epic Mafia but I wouldn't call those that relevant.

Vote: SodaSpirit

The over justification of the RVS reasons reads as a nervous attempt at fitting in.

you think so, huh?
SodaSpirit17 wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:Counting even the number of letters in the names is a bit overboard to make an RVS post and stupid because it shows a wanting "to fit in" with other RVS. My vote is good.

I was intentionally gonna vote the person with the longest name, but since they both had the same amt of letters, I had to choose 1.
Ranmaru wrote:@
Dr Doo:
I disagree, it's fine to vote with any reason. Even so, my vote is good because you vote along with people without saying much, UNTIL pressure. (Like voting Acomist after Fudzn did)

@
Haschel
: Well then. Fine, can you give me an opinion on something ELSE then? I think it was fine for me to say, because I was expressing my opinion. In the future I will not answer specific questions for him. I'm not going to wait for Uber to show up (Notice he hasn't posted yet) to say anything.
DrDolittle wrote:Ran: RSV needs no reason. I voted Aco because I just finished a game with him recently, and I don't know anyone else here. The vote after Fud was entirely a coincidence.
FuDuzn wrote:
Dr Doo
: I disagree, it's fine to vote with any reason. Even so, my vote is good because you vote along with people without saying much, UNTIL pressure. (Like voting Acomist after Fudzn did)

I really do not like how DrDoo has voted Soda, seems to be a bit of wagon jumping, especially given that I think it is a dumb reason to vote someone.

But Ranmaru, the timing of DrDoo's vote on Acomist was the only thing that appeared iffy to me. I give him benefit of the doubt that it was purely random though, and his vote coming so soon after mine was a coincidence more then anything. I would highly doubt that someone would so blatantly wagon jump during RVS.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Wait, you're gonna hold DrDoLittle's RVS vote on Acomist against him just because somebody else voted for Acomist first? How is that any different from me placing a second vote on Uberninja or Soda placing a second vote on me? That is a huge stretch on your part.

Mild chainsawing + Answering a question intended for another player + justifying a vote with a really stupid reason + asking for questions about previous game history and then not doing the bare minimum of analysis on the provided information =
FoS: Ranmaru.

That would be a vote, but Uberninja still has some posting to do.
Ranmaru wrote:No, I'm holding him accountable for not explaining his actions like I originally stated. I just don't like the pattern he is exhibiting.

Chainsaw wouldn't apply unless scum flipped first, then it would apply. Scum would rather wait for people to give opinions and then accuse people, that is why I asked you to explain. Now, besides your opinion on me, give me an opinion on something else.

I expressed my opinion about something you yourself should have stated. Dr Doolittle stated he agreed with Baseline too, yet you don't say anything?

My vote did not have a stupid reason. I want people to justify their opinions. You sure like to keep quiet. You haven't even answered my question about experience. (I don't know what analysis you think I could have done with that though, please give an example)
Captain Greypatch wrote:I can understand thinking Soda's tried too hard with his RVS vote but I don't think "fit in" are the words your looking for when you're talking about such a weird RVS vote.

At the moment the scummiest player is Ranmaru, he seems like he's trying to look useful by starting that boring arguement with Cedricson. I don't exactly find his reason for voting DrDoolittle very compelling seeing as there isn't much to add to an accusation that someone tried to hard with their RVS vote.
VOTE: Ranmaru
Haschel Cedricson wrote:An example? Sure. DrDoLittle said that he's played 4 or 5 games on this site. That's a small enough number that you could have checked every one of his games to see how he usually handles the random voting stage. But you didn't.

As it turns out, I did. In games where he didn't replace in, DrDoLittle's first post is always a random vote, and his second post is always a serious post. DrDoLittle doesn't dick around and stay in the RVS all day. Play in this game matches play in that game. Does that make him town? Not necessarily. Does it mean that his second post in this game is scummy? Not at all.

As for why I don't say anything about DrDooLittle or FuDuzn agreeing or disagreeing with Baseline: They did it before I specifically stated that giving Uberninja answers was a bad thing; you did it afterwards.

Finally, if you don't know what analysis you could have done with your question, then what was the point of asking it the first place? To look active?
Cap'n
: Your reason is very weak. A boring argument? So you are voting me because I started an argument, in a mafia game? I'm not here to entertain you, I'm here to find scum.

There is enough to add when it comes to voting. One should justify their vote, not just blatantly agree with someone and vote along. One can agree, but there is always a reason for agreeing.

@
Haschel
: No. I only posted that right after my first post, I am playing in a game with people I haven't seen in Mafiascum (Except Soda). So I want to know everyone's experience so I can judge who I can trust or not. Plus, after I posted that, I was away for a whole day, so I do not think you think I was trying to seem active. I only needed to know the number of games they played, if any. If I wanted to see what they did, I would have asked for examples if needed.

Can you please expand on why it matters if I explained my opinion afterwards or not?
Captain Greypatch wrote:No my reason is you trying to appear useful, not that you had an awesome arguement about a question and wether he should give his opinion first that's going to catch scum!

If someone agrees with Baseline there is absolutely nothing to add! And can you tell me how agreeing with 1(real) vote shows a "pattern he is exhibiting"?
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 4

Ranmaru wrote:I haven't played Other M but I have played others. Like Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid (GBA version) and Metroid Prime.
Acosmist wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:I haven't played Other M but I have played others. Like Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid (GBA version) and Metroid Prime.

D***.

Besides the original Metroid, that list is exactly what I have played. I haven't played Prime since I first got my Game Cube, though, so my knowledge of that has faded.
Ranmaru wrote:I re-play it from time to time. It's a very fun game.

Thoughts on Hiplop?
Acosmist wrote:Outside of only lurking and not appearing to make any real votes(though you could argue his Acosmist vote was real), I couldn't make a case either way for Hiplop right now.

And I have played all the Prime games, that is most of my Metroid experience.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Uberninja wrote:
Suggested ultimatum is acceptable.

ahahaha

Uberninja, you're alright.
Unvote, Vote: Ranmaru.

I have not played any Metroid games past Metroid Prime, although I have played through Prime multiple times.

Hiplop hasn't done anything notable enough to merit an opinion. Of course, if he keeps it up, that in itself will become notable.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Actually, you know what?

Unvote, Vote: Acosmist
. That flavor question adds nothing to the game except the illusion of participation.
Captain Greypatch wrote:I played Metroid Prime ages ago.

I looked through the starts of some of Hiplop's games and he's been inactive at the start as town and scum so I think it's null from him.

I still think voting someone for a "pattern exhibited" page 2 is scummy for reasons stated.

Uberninja, if you had to lynch someone now, who would you vote?
Ranmaru wrote:

. That flavor question adds nothing to the game except the illusion of participation.

I was asking Acosmist for his opinion on Hiplop. Keep in mind that Aco still has his vote on Hiplop, yet he hasn't said a thing about him.

I was waiting for him to say anything before acting. I do agree that he seems to have done nothing.

Vote:Acosmist

^
This is the only thing I can agree on at this point in time.

Soda is a newb-null for me.
Baseline is nullscum because it seems like he uses Soda's backing off as justification to keep his vote. I'd like a little more from him.

I don't like that Dr doolittle hasn't said much else either. But Aco leaving his vote on Hiplop without saying much afterwards, is scummier to me. Why haven't you said anything about that?

You are right that Hiplop hasn't done much that can garner opinion. I just don't like that he hasn't even tried yet.
Ranmaru wrote:*About Dr. Doolittle.

Also, Soda. Vote Acosmist for me.
Ranmaru wrote:Actually I take that back... he's at L2 now.
Ranmaru wrote:I'm going to class. I'll post more tommorow. : D

C'mon guys, try a bit harder in posting.
DrDolittle wrote:Yo, baby. I'm semi-active until Feb. 23rd. (A lot of work and a scholarship application).
There's nothing wrong with Acosmist. Its the 4th page for gods sake. What's up with not unvoting or explaining?
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:Yo, baby. I'm semi-active until Feb. 23rd. (A lot of work and a scholarship application).
There's nothing wrong with Acosmist. Its the 4th page for gods sake. What's up with not unvoting or explaining?

I did explain. What's up with not reading?
DrDolittle wrote:It should read "what's up with [Acosmist's] not unvoting AND explaining" which was directed at Ran's Hiplop accusation.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Gotcha.
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.3

[4] Acosmist ~ FuDuzn, Hiplop, Haschel Cedricson, Ranmaru [L-2]
[3] SodaSpirit17 ~ Baseline, DrDolittle, Captain Greypatch [L-3]
[1] hiplop ~ Acosmist [L-5]
[1] Haschel Cedricson ~ SodaSpirit17 [L-5]
[0] Uberninja [L-6]
[0] sword_of_omens [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
[0] FuDuzn [L-6]
[0] Ranmaru [L-6]
[0] DrDolittle ~ [L-6]
[2] Not Voting ~ Uberninja, sword_of_omens

UberNinja wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Uberninja, can you run a detailed analysis on the SodaSpirit17 sentence structure?

Run a, um, enhancing algorithm to point out what you mean.

Algorithm complete. Closest match to algorithm results are user alias Baseline's suggestions in this data location.
[Link lost in crash]

Additionally, improper spelling of user alias Haschel Cedricson's name reveals less attention to enumeration of specific user aliases than user alias SodaSpirit17 would lead other users to believe. Said misleading is calculated to be deceptive, and thus harmful.

Elimination of user alias SodaSpirit17 considered beneficial to survival of most users.
Uberninja wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:Uberninja - Compile a brief analysis on Hiplop and Greypatch.
Password: 1AFIDY243.
*Remember me

Password accepted.

Playing back pre-recorded greeting message:
"Welcome back, Dr. Mario. May your belly remain round, and may your fake Plumbing Ph.D. continue to go unnoticed."

Compilation of analyses on user aliases Captain Greypatch and hiplop begun . . .
Acosmist wrote:?????????????

Why are you white-knighting hiplop?
Acosmist wrote:
hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

Hey look his vote is still on me! And he hasn't explained it! He must be scum.

Right?

You guys want to continue this logic and white-knight someone who 1. hasn't posted content and 2. has ultralurked?
hiplop wrote:OH s***.

Sorry guys, completely forgot about this game :oops:

One sec ill get caught up
Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:UberNinja is doing nothing but crack me up.

What kind of flavor knowledge do people have? I've played several Metroid games but not Other M.
ALL THE GAMES

Because I look wonderful in armor.

I'm keeping my vote on you, you havent done anything to change my mind and come off rather SNARKY. Better than anything else I have at this moment
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:

What kind of flavor knowledge do people have? I've played several Metroid games but not Other M.
ALL THE GAMES

I'm keeping my vote on you, you havent done anything to change my mind and come off rather SNARKY. Better than anything else I have at this moment

You should probably view any of my games, then.

And provide some actual content.
FuDuzn wrote:Acosmist, someone asked for an opinion on Hiplop, so some of us responded. Why are you getting so angry that we are not screaming for him to die?
Acosmist wrote:
FuDuzn wrote:Acosmist, someone asked for an opinion on Hiplop, so some of us responded. Why are you getting so angry that we are not screaming for him to die?

Lurking and providing no content, together with an OMGUS vote on me. Did mafia change since my last game?

Your hypocrisy has been noted and will be remembered.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 5

Acosmist wrote:

Nope.

Here I am asking about flavor in Alien:
[Link lost in crash]

And clarifying my flavor knowledge:
[Link lost in crash]

I could cite other people's examples of this, and was going to quote chesskid in HIMYM mafia, where he forced a flavor knowledge claim day 1 (basically saying claim knowledge or get lynched), but why bother when I've done this myself? Forcing people to claim how much they know so you can check mismatches between future statements and claimed knowledge is basic "hard evidence" scumhunting. Again, go to Alien and read my copious discussion of my preferred reliance on hard evidence.

Ranmaru wrote:

I was asking Acosmist for his opinion on Hiplop.
Keep in mind that Aco still has his vote on Hiplop, yet he hasn't said a thing about him.

I was waiting for him to say anything before acting. I do agree that he seems to have done nothing.

^

Baseline is nullscum because it seems like he uses Soda's backing off as justification to keep his vote. I'd like a little more from him.

I don't like that Dr doolittle hasn't said much else either. But Aco leaving his vote on Hiplop without saying much afterwards, is scummier to me. Why haven't you said anything about that?

You are right that Hiplop hasn't done much that can garner opinion. I just don't like that he hasn't even tried yet.

At this point, this is what hiplop said:
Hiplop wrote:
VOTE: uberninja
I feel like an uberninja could deceive me quite easy, then chop me up

Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

hiplop's vote was on me, and he hadn't said anything about it since. Further, his was an OMGUS vote. Why the disparate treatment?
hiplop has one (1) vote and suddenly it's a crisis of epic proportions that demands satisfaction?

Nope.avi

Also, you've made something of having been in a game with me:
DrDolittle wrote:Ran: RSV needs no reason. I voted Aco because I just finished a game with him recently, and I don't know anyone else here. The vote after Fud was entirely a coincidence.
Surely you remember something, anything, about that game, yes? So I can hold you to that?

Also:
DrDolittle wrote:I'll be d***ed if I have to listen to Uberninja's gibberish this whole game.

Why? What's so unbearable about it?
Hiplop wrote:rvs stage vote at first, but im clinging because you're reacting like a doorknob (cold and twisty)

I dont have much to sink my teeth into yet, sorry about that
Baseline wrote:Sorry for my inactivty, forgot about this game completely. I have zero flavour knowledge of Metroid, I just joined this game as a favour to Alex as he did one to me in the past. Normally I would say that completele lack of activity near game start and unawarness of the game even having started is somewhat of a town tell as mafia normally talk pregame in a QT and thus know when the game has offically started but this isn't the case with hiplop at all, from memory I've seen him enter into a game in a similar fashion as scum in the past. Going to see if I can find the game later.
Ranmaru wrote:Baseline is nullscum because it seems like he uses Soda's backing off as justification to keep his vote. I'd like a little more from him.

First of, Soda isn't as new as you seem to be making him out to be and him being new doesn't change the fact that his complete absence from posting any real content since being called out is extremely d***ing. What's your read on Captain at the moment, I'm going back and forth on him personally.
Uberninja wrote:
Uberninja wrote:
Compilation of analyses on user aliases Captain Greypatch and hiplop begun . . .
Displaying analysis of user alias Captain Greypatch . . .
  • First paragraph regarding user alias SodaSpirit17 inconclusive. No direct opinion tendered. Detached frame of mind indicative of light early distancing from user alias SodaSpirit17.
  • Follow up: Unprovable reason for voting user alias SodaSpirit17 indicative of further distancing, bussing. Said vote has nothing to do with main subject of post. Further nonchalance detected.
  • Poses questionable interrogative about "lynching someone now". Not only irrelevant; leading as well.

Conclusion
: User alias SodaSpirit17's alignment notwithstanding, user alias Captain Greypatch's motives calculated to be . . . erroneous at best.

Displaying analysis of user alias hiplop . . .

• No opinion detected; has made jokes in every post thus far.
  • Displays naught but sarcasm regarding own general ineptness thus far.
  • Gives excuse for continued lack of content and/or general usefulness.

Conclusion
: User alias hiplop calculated to be practically useless, and proud of it. Continued survival undesirable if no change in behavior.

Rebooting analysis module . . .
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Acosmist wrote:Nope.

[Link lost in crash]

[Link lost in crash]

I could cite other people's examples of this, and was going to quote chesskid in HIMYM mafia, where he forced a flavor knowledge claim day 1 (basically saying claim knowledge or get lynched), but why bother when I've done this myself? Forcing people to claim how much they know so you can check mismatches between future statements and claimed knowledge is basic "hard evidence" scumhunting. Again, go to Alien and read my copious discussion of my preferred reliance on hard evidence.

Yeah, I'm not reading any of those links.
Ranmaru wrote:Keep in mind that Aco still has his vote on Hiplop, yet he hasn't said a thing about him.

If I'm reading this correctly, it appears that you are voting Acosmist because he left his RVS vote on a player and did not discuss that player any further. How is that any different than FuDuzn's play?
Acosmist wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Yeah, I'm not reading any of those links.
O...k. Here the posts are anyway:
How many people have seen the movie, by the way? Seems to be a lot of ignorance of the setting here.

I have.

Pine I really quite seriously want to know how familiar everyone is with the movie/series. Can you give an indication of that?

For the record, the second movie is one of my favorite movies and I've seen the first one (the one on which this game is based) a couple times.

Not sure why that was so burdensome.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

Nope.

[Link lost in crash]

[Link lost in crash]

Ranmaru wrote:

I was asking Acosmist for his opinion on Hiplop.
Keep in mind that Aco still has his vote on Hiplop, yet he hasn't said a thing about him.

^

At this point, this is what hiplop said:
Hiplop wrote:
VOTE: uberninja
I feel like an uberninja could deceive me quite easy, then chop me up

Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

hiplop's vote was on me, and he hadn't said anything about it since. Further, his was an OMGUS vote. Why the disparate treatment?
hiplop has one (1) vote and suddenly it's a crisis of epic proportions that demands satisfaction?

Nope.avi

Also, you've made something of having been in a game with me:
Surely you remember something, anything, about that game, yes? So I can hold you to that?

Also:
DrDolittle wrote:I'll be d***ed if I have to listen to Uberninja's gibberish this whole game.

Why? What's so unbearable about it?

Like I said earlier, I don't believe in letting players tell me what their meta is.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:EBWOP: What the f***? That was not the post I quoted. That was a response to Acosmist's LAST post.
Acosmist wrote:It's not about meta; it's about you saying asking for flavor knowledge claims is not useful. Wellp, sure it is. I explained why.
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Uberninja wrote:

• First paragraph regarding user alias SodaSpirit17 inconclusive. No direct opinion tendered. Detached frame of mind indicative of light early distancing from user alias SodaSpirit17.
  • Follow up: Unprovable reason for voting user alias SodaSpirit17 indicative of further distancing, bussing. Said vote has nothing to do with main subject of post. Further nonchalance detected.
  • Poses questionable interrogative about "lynching someone now". Not only irrelevant; leading as well.

Conclusion
: User alias SodaSpirit17's alignment notwithstanding, user alias Captain Greypatch's motives calculated to be . . . erroneous at best.
How does saying I can understand someones thought qualify as distancing? If I wanted to distance I could agree with Baseline and vote him because a page 2 quicklynch isn't very likely... btw, there was no opinion because you hadn't answered Cedricson's question yet. My opinion is it is null.

He was active lurking, and still is. If it wouldn't create hassle for weirdalex I would suggest he replaces out.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2zri2om.jpg Why shouldn't you vote someone now? I think I'm all right at this game, but I don't quite think I'm capable of "leading" a lynch of Ranmaru or Soda now.
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Hiplop wrote:OH s***.

Sorry guys, completely forgot about this game :oops:

One sec ill get caught up
Great.

Anti-climax.
Hiplop wrote:

ALL THE GAMES
Hiplop wrote:

Hiplop wrote:rvs stage vote at first, but im clinging because you're reacting like a doorknob (cold and twisty)

Opinions on me and Ranmaru please.
Sword_of_omens wrote:hey all, just got back from my V/LA and will be doing some unpacking and crap...
give me a few hours and i'll get all nice and caught up, and post something decent...
Ranmaru wrote:

Ok Hiplop. Give reads on Grey, Fuduzn, and Dr Doolittle.
Baseline wrote:Sorry for my inactivty, forgot about this game completely. I have zero flavour knowledge of Metroid, I just joined this game as a favour to Alex as he did one to me in the past. Normally I would say that completele lack of activity near game start and unawarness of the game even having started is somewhat of a town tell as mafia normally talk pregame in a QT and thus know when the game has offically started but this isn't the case with hiplop at all, from memory I've seen him enter into a game in a similar fashion as scum in the past. Going to see if I can find the game later.
Ranmaru wrote:Baseline is nullscum because it seems like he uses Soda's backing off as justification to keep his vote. I'd like a little more from him.
First of, Soda isn't as new as you seem to be making him out to be and him being new doesn't change the fact that his complete absence from posting any real content since being called out is extremely d***ing. What's your read on Captain at the moment, I'm going back and forth on him personally.
Ah, ok I understand. I just thought he was new.
I have Mr. Patch as nullscum. He seems sort of, dumb... But he also is tunneling a bit, and isn't really giving opinions of anyone besides me and Soda. I don't think he is trying that hard. He states that he isn't that confident in leading a lynch on me or Soda, but I don't even think he IS that confident in his reads yet. He is limiting himself a bit too early.
Uberninja wrote:
Uberninja wrote:

Conclusion

Displaying analysis of user alias hiplop . . .

• No opinion detected; has made jokes in every post thus far.
  • Displays naught but sarcasm regarding own general ineptness thus far.
  • Gives excuse for continued lack of content and/or general usefulness.

Conclusion
: User alias hiplop calculated to be practically useless, and proud of it. Continued survival undesirable if no change in behavior.

Thank you.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Acosmist wrote:Nope.

[Link lost in crash]

[Link lost in crash]

Yeah, I'm not reading any of those links.
Ranmaru wrote:Keep in mind that Aco still has his vote on Hiplop, yet he hasn't said a thing about him.

If I'm reading this correctly, it appears that you are voting Acosmist because he left his RVS vote on a player and did not discuss that player any further. How is that any different than FuDuzn's play?

It isn't. Acosmist's actions were more apparent, because he has been posting a bit more than Fuduzn. Fuduz is someone we should keep an eye on. Others are just as silent, but most of the town is pretty silent. But I wonder why you ask me this and don't even ask anything of Fuduzn.
Acosmist wrote:It's not about meta; it's about you saying asking for flavor knowledge claims is not useful. Wellp, sure it is. I explained why.

It's fine to talk about flavor, it's not fine to just post about flavor without participating in the game and giving opinions on other players or events. For example, you ask about the flavor, and I answer, you respond, I ask about Hiplop, you don't post. Not until you were in the hotseat, have you been talking about Hiplop, and even Dr. Doo. Earlier you made some sort of connection between Soda and GreyPatch, yet you haven't followed up on that.
Ranmaru wrote:@Fuduzn: Why haven't you moved your vote from RVS to serious vote? Give me thoughts on: Haschel, Grey, Dr. Doolittle, and Acosmist.
FuDuzn wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:@Fuduzn: Why haven't you moved your vote from RVS to serious vote? Give me thoughts on: Haschel, Grey, Dr. Doolittle, and Acosmist.
UNVOTE:

To be honest, it slipped my mind a bit that I still had a vote on here. And I am somewhat glad you prodded me a bit, I should get more active......my apologies.

Let me do a quick ISO on those, need to get my head back in here anyways.

Be right back, thankfully a slow day at work.
FuDuzn wrote:@Haschel, nothing really stuck out at the moment, stuck on Null with him

@DrDoo:

So within 5 posts he goes from chatstising someone for making a random vote and calling it stupid, to justifying his own RV claiming that 'he needs no reason'. How are you going to justify a vote on someone because of their RV yet then turn right around and say that your RV needs no explanation? Strong scum vibes from DrDoo

Back with the other Two, but the DrDoo thing needed immediate attention.
FuDuzn wrote:@Acosmist, very angry and very defensive, can't undertsand why people don't think hiplop is scummy. I am one of these people and besides being inactive what is scummy about him, and attacked me when I disagreed with him. I don't know enough about him to call it either way now, but my gut is saying Null/slight town
SodaSpirit17 wrote:Hello,

I've kinda noticed Acosmist doing nothing but filler posts every other post... scummy attribute, but so is placing someone at -1, so STRONG FOS: Acosmist Also just because I appear on a board doesn't necessarily mean I'm lurking, it means I went to do my own thing sometimes.

BTW
UNVOTE:
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:I have Mr. Patch as nullscum. He seems sort of, dumb... But he also is tunneling a bit, and isn't really giving opinions of anyone besides me and Soda. I don't think he is trying that hard. He states that he isn't that confident in leading a lynch on me or Soda, but I don't even think he IS that confident in his reads yet.
Right. Right... I don't have any strong opinions yet, nothings happened. I'm one of the most active posters, I have tried but nothing will get this game moving... If you're so smart why can't you understand anything? I said lead a lynch
NOW
. And why should Uberninja be so indignant about me asking him who he would lynch?

Hiplop, give an opinion of Uberninja as well.
FuDuzn wrote:@CG, makes logical arguments and likes to call people out for what he sees as bad logic, and is persisitent with these people as well. I like him. Town to me.
FuDuzn wrote:Also,
VOTE: DrDoo
Acosmist wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:It's fine to talk about flavor, it's not fine to just post about flavor without participating in the game and giving opinions on other players or events. For example, you ask about the flavor, and I answer, you respond, I ask about Hiplop, you don't post. Not until you were in the hotseat, have you been talking about Hiplop, and even Dr. Doo. Earlier you made some sort of connection between Soda and GreyPatch, yet you haven't followed up on that.
You mean this:
Acosmist wrote:
SodaSpirit17 wrote:

people with long names are scummy, and I realize you have the same amount of letters as CG, but I've played with CG before so yea, die!! And today is also Tuesday, which means you must die!

Remember this post for later.
Right now, Soda's explanation is as plausible as the alternative.
If CG flips scum
, I will wonder why Soda specifically wanted to mention CG and not vote him (in my experience this is scumscumscumliciousness).

?

Bolded parts too difficult for you to read?
SodaSpirit17 wrote:Hello,

I've kinda noticed Acosmist doing nothing but filler posts every other post... scummy attribute, but so is placing someone at -1, so STRONG FOS: Acosmist Also just because I appear on a board doesn't necessarily mean I'm lurking, it means I went to do my own thing sometimes.

BTW
UNVOTE:
So every other post isn't filler, or what? If every other post is "nothing but filler", then I'm not posting nothing but filler, by your own logic.

Also, [citation needed] on posts of mine that are nothing but filler. Go.

Furthermore, the way you phrased your hesitation to vote me is bizarre. It would be scummy to put me at L-1 (which your vote wouldn't do, by the way), so you say. But you have your own role PM, yes? So you know whether you're scum or not. Talking about your own behavior as if you are agnostic about your alignment and don't want to be "scummy" is quite strange. People normally talk about the behavior of others as scummy or not-scummy, because people are attempting to identify behavioral tells that tend to indicate alignment. The uncertainty is what makes something "scummy", i.e., a behavior that is positively correlated with scum-alignment.

Moving on.

There were four votes on me. Two were RVS votes, though hiplop later kept his vote on me without explaining it. I will disregard FuDuzn as he unvoted.

Two other votes:

Unvote, Vote: Acosmist.
That flavor question adds nothing to the game except the illusion of participation.
Ranmaru wrote:I was asking Acosmist for his opinion on Hiplop. Keep in mind that Aco still has his vote on Hiplop, yet he hasn't said a thing about him.

^
1. The flavor question is game-relevant, so that point has been demolished.

2. hiplop's vote has been on me since post #30. That was an OMGUS vote, for the record.

Here's the "explanation":

So the explanation actually admits he has no basis for it, and apologizes.

So if there is a case on me for voting hiplop early, keeping my vote on him, and not explaining why, that case applies a fortiori against hiplop for his vote on me, yes? Whence the disparate treatment? People seem to think I am a vox clamantis in deserto arguing futilely for hiplop's scumminess, but what I am actually doing is pointing out the logical holes in the argument against me. I've seen a lot of that behavior from scum - call out a group of people for a certain behavior, then vote the person who isn't even engaging in that behavior and ignore the one who's doing it worse. It's just the clumsy fabrication of a pretext. Refuted.
Greypatch
: Yes, you are active. Please keep it that way. But asking people their opinions on one person and YOURSELF is very closeminded. I can say that since there isn't much activity, it's hard to get a lead. You should try to act on the little things as much as possible. Also, since alot of the town is pretty silent, it's possible scum might want to blend in. Now I want you to give me your opinion on three to four lurky players. (Excluding Soda)

@
Dr. Doolittle
: Where you at? Give us your updates on the person you are voting. Thoughts?

@
Fuduzn
: I want you to quote two - three arguments you felt were logical enough to show that Grey is townie to you. Point out why you thought those arguments were logical.

@
Uberninja
: Describe in full why it is irrelevant to answer Grey's question about voting.
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.4

[3] Acosmist ~ Hiplop, Haschel Cedricson, Ranmaru [L-3]
[3] SodaSpirit17 ~ Baseline, DrDolittle, Captain Greypatch [L-3]
[1] hiplop ~ Acosmist [L-5]
[1] DrDolittle ~ FuDuzn[L-6]
[0] Uberninja [L-6]
[0] sword_of_omens [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
[0] FuDuzn [L-6]
[0] Ranmaru [L-6]
[3] Not Voting ~ Uberninja, sword_of_omens, SodaSpirit17

DrDolittle wrote:
FuDuzn wrote:@Haschel, nothing really stuck out at the moment, stuck on Null with him

@DrDoo:

So within 5 posts he goes from chatstising someone for making a random vote and calling it stupid, to justifying his own RV claiming that 'he needs no reason'. How are you going to justify a vote on someone because of their RV yet then turn right around and say that your RV needs no explanation? Strong scum vibes from DrDoo

Back with the other Two, but the DrDoo thing needed immediate attention.
Yes, I chastise Soda's RV because he is putting too much effort to make it seem random, while in fact RV NEEDS NO EXPLAINATION. Obvious
VOTE: Fuduzn

The guy needs to die

Acosmist: -.-
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 6

Ranmaru wrote:For future references:
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/acosmist

Spelling my name wrong is a paddlin'.
Acosmist
:

1. Yet you aren't here to talk about flavor. You are here to play the game. Talking about flavor is like a side quest. Get me?
2. Hiplop hasn't been posting as much as you have. Without his say, we can't tell if his second vote was RVS or not. We don't know if he really was busy, or just avoiding this thread on purpose.
3. You have been posting a bit more than him. Yet if I ask you about him, you don't say a thing. See, that's what I didn't like. Like you could have said "Oh sorry, that was RVS, I think this person is suspicious blah di blah". But you didn't come back until people accused you and asked "Y u whiteknight Hiplop???"
4. This quote:
[Link lost in crash.]

4A. You don't really ask Hiplop about his 'omgus' vote. Yet you only reply half-jokingly as well, so it seemed like you didn't have a problem at the time. Nor did you raise questions in the future, until you were being accused.

@
Doolittle
: Give me a bit more than "-.-" on Acosmist please.
Sword_of_omens wrote:ok, did a quick read through...

to answer tthe few questions asked:

Howmany games of maf played?
played 2 or 3 games previously on this site. Dozens of games on another.

Flavor knowledge:
I've played (and loved) the original Metroid on NES
and only a little bit of Prime...that's about it..

@Uber
Login ID: sword_of_omens
Password: Spanky1

Question: How severe are the repercussions of breaking post restriction?
also, run a self diagnosis

nothing really jumps out at me as far as the quick read goes,
Although Acos seems to be way too defensive and condescending while trying to overexplain himself..
Vote: Acos
for now..
i'll do some proper ISO's as i can...
Uberninja wrote:
Uberninja
: Describe in full why it is irrelevant to answer Grey's question about voting.
Query was in regards to lynching, not just merely voting.

Noting that query in question was submitted before sufficient cause to lynch had been tendered by any user alias, said query was thereby rendered irrelevant by context, or more specifically, lack thereof.

If further specificity is desired, please submit a properly completed FSD-546 Form.
Acosmist wrote:
sword_of_omens wrote:Although Acos seems to be way too defensive and condescending while trying to overexplain himself..

Welcome to playing mafia with Acosmist. Should I replace out?
Acosmist wrote:
Acosmist
:

1. Yet you aren't here to talk about flavor. You are here to play the game. Talking about flavor is like a side quest. Get me?
2. Hiplop hasn't been posting as much as you have. Without his say, we can't tell if his second vote was RVS or not. We don't know if he really was busy, or just avoiding this thread on purpose.
3. You have been posting a bit more than him. Yet if I ask you about him, you don't say a thing. See, that's what I didn't like. Like you could have said "Oh sorry, that was RVS, I think this person is suspicious blah di blah". But you didn't come back until people accused you and asked "Y u whiteknight Hiplop???"
4. This quote:
[Link lost in crash.]

4A. You don't really ask Hiplop about his 'omgus' vote. Yet you only reply half-jokingly as well, so it seemed like you didn't have a problem at the time. Nor did you raise questions in the future, until you were being accused.

@
Doolittle
: Give me a bit more than "-.-" on Acosmist please.

1. Flavor is relevant. Look, do you really want to keep belaboring a point I demolished? Flavor is relevant and the more you focus on where you and Haschel were wrong, the more I'm wondering about your motivations. If you are town and wrong, please admit it and move on. If scum, well...this will be fun.

2. So..the argument against me applies a fortiori against him. But I said that already.

3. I checked activity overview to get some concrete evidence on this. He's posted 6 times and before my last two posts, I posted 13. A bit more?

4. What about it?

4A. I find announcing "that was just a RVS vote; please don't take it seriously or feel any pressure from it" is not a good strategy.

Third time I'm asking: why the disparate treatment? I get pretty sick of asking the same stuff OVER and OVER.

I will continue to vote hiplop at least until he says something game-relevant. As with Soda, though, if that post is eye-poppingly scummy, he doesn't get townpoints just for posting.
Acosmist wrote:
Sword_of_omens wrote:Question: How severe are the repercussions of breaking post restriction?
Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhat?
SodaSpirit17 wrote:Ugh, I don't understand a pretty much word Uber is saying, so I got nothing on him.
As for a few others

Hiplop- he was really active in the one game i played with him, granted he was an IC, he was also scum. I see him as town right now, but I'd like to see more effort.

I think FuDuzn is trying a bit too hard.

VOTE: FuDuzn

I don't like this post
FuDuzn wrote:
Fuduzn
: Why haven’t you moved your vote from RVS to serious vote? Give me thoughts on: Haschel, Grey, Dr. Doolittle, and Acosmist.
UNVOTE:

To be honest, it slipped my mind a bit that I still had a vote on here. And I am somewhat glad you prodded me a bit, I should get more active......my apologies.

Let me do a quick ISO on those, need to get my head back in here anyways.

Be right back, thankfully a slow day at work.
okay so you're back. You don't have to confess your sins to Ranmaru just because he called you out for not changing your vote :P

I don't feel his reads were very genuine either.
SodaSpirit17 wrote:BTW, For everyone that is using my activity meta or whatever you call it. I used to be active in these games, but i found out being a loudmouth was what always got me lynched, plus I've developed quite a bit less of an interest in this site, then i did in like June.

Ranmaru is doing the exact same thing he did in Toy Story Mafia where he would always ask for opinions on random people. Honestly, I don't feel anything different from him the last time i played haha.

Haschel Cedricson- looks like he knows what he's doing, seems like the guy who is controlling the game, I'll watch him closely but I don't have an FoS

and i looked back at uber's post or something, where he gave a point that i misspelled his name and it looks "bad" because I didn't take the time to look or whatever. IDK what to think, that's really stupid. But no real read on Uber as stated before.

Baseline is kinda inactive but even though his points are against me, I believe he's actively trying to scumhunt to his best.

DrDoolittle- Kinda didn't like his jump on me after Baseline posted, since he gave little to no explanation and kinda did nothing afterwards, but he's gotten better.
FuDuzn wrote:Soda, what is so bad about answering the questions Ranmaru posed to me? And why are my reads not genuine?
Uberninja wrote:
sword_of_omens wrote:Question: How severe are the repercussions of breaking post restriction?
Previous answer to current query detected at earlier date.
Smart-mouth response about learning to read issued sharply.
sword_of_omens wrote:also, run a self diagnosis
Self diagnosis complete.
Hiplop wrote:Uberninja is probably town, PR seems legit.

CG is definitely town, quite simply this is how he plays as that alignment

Soda is too quiet, (coming from me, I know.) but the guy was a obv-town machine in my other games with him, I see a MAJOR difference here, his play has been
scummy

4. This quote:
[Link lost in crash.]

Thanks for this. Was just about to say something along the lines of it, saves me some time. You had no problem until you got in trouble, which implies you have a guilty conscience.

ran is likely town, too.
Acosmist wrote:Baaaaaaaa
Hiplop wrote:ba black sheep have you any
wool
scumpartners
Acosmist wrote:
wool
scumpartners
Did you just claim scum with Ran?
Uberninja wrote:
Hiplop wrote:Uberninja is probably town, PR seems legit.
Interrogative: Clarify whether opinion is based on game flavor knowledge or other criteria.
Captain Greypatch wrote:For f***s sake Uberninja have you heard of a hypothetical question?
Greypatch
: Yes, you are active. Please keep it that way. But asking people their opinions on one person and YOURSELF is very closeminded. I can say that since there isn't much activity, it's hard to get a lead. Now I want you to give me your opinion on three to four lurky players. (Excluding Soda)
Right. Right. I asked for an opinion on Hiplop as well, but lets score points. I have 2... You and Soda. No.
Baseline wrote:
SodaSpirit17 wrote:Baseline is kinda inactive but even though his points are against me,
I believe he's actively trying to scumhunt to his best.

I appreciate the sentiment but it's not exactly true, I've really lacked interest in this game and haven't given it anywhere near my all. With that said if you have less interest on the site as a whole what made you rejoin another game?
FuDuzn wrote:So within 5 posts he goes from chatstising someone for making a random vote and calling it stupid, to justifying his own RV claiming that 'he needs no reason'. How are you going to justify a vote on someone because of their RV yet then turn right around and say that your RV needs no explanation? Strong scum vibes from DrDoo

This is a very big misrepresentation. DrDoo voted Soda because Sodas vote read as forced, unnatural and over the top, not because a reason was or wasn't given. This reads as an illogical attempt to justify a vote on elsewhere from one of the main wagons.

Unvote, Vote: FuDurz

Should have an entire list of my reads up tomorrow but I'm not liking the Acosmist wagon that has seemed to have formed.
Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:
wool
scumpartners
ur the black sheep, son.

@NINJA, BOTH.
FuDuzn wrote:
Baseline wrote:This is a very big misrepresentation. DrDoo voted Soda because Sodas vote read as forced, unnatural and over the top, not because a reason was or wasn't given. This reads as an illogical attempt to justify a vote on elsewhere from one of the main wagons.
Uhh....
FuDuzn wrote:@DrDoo:
He goes after Soda for his Random Vote because he didn't like the reason Soda gave for his random vote, then turns around and says that a Random Vote needs no reason........so why would he call someone out for making a vote in RVS that was random? DrDoo stretched trying to make Soda look back for no real reason, I am just calling him out on it.
Uberninja wrote:
VOTE: FuDuzn
SodaSpirit17 wrote:FuDuzn- Your reads don't feel genuine because you've piggybacked on what everyone else is saying.
Baseline- Alex wanted me in, so boom I'm in.

Hey Acosmist- think FuDuzn is scum??
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:
wool
scumpartners
ur the black sheep, son.

@NINJA, BOTH.
No, you completely sheeped Ran. Again a post of yours comes without any content. Then you asked the sheep (yourself!) whether it has any scumpartners. Well, wait - a person can't have a scumpartner without being scum himself. So you claimed scum?
SodaSpirit17 wrote:FuDuzn- Your reads don't feel genuine because you've
piggybacked on what everyone else is saying.

Piggybacking like...this:
Hiplop wrote:Thanks for this. Was just about to say something along the lines of it, saves me some time.

?

But no, I don't think FuDuzn is scum. I don't in fact see the piggybacking.
FuDuzn wrote:
SodaSpirit17 wrote:FuDuzn- Your reads don't feel genuine because you've piggybacked on what everyone else is saying.

Define piggybacking to me.

I was asked my thoughts on a few players, I did a quick read though/ISO of said players, and gave quick impressions. Outside of DrDoo I don't think I uncovered anything of special note, why is that a bad thing that my reads are similar to others?
Sword_of_omens wrote:hey guys, just a quick update...
my brother was in a pretty bad car accident this morning so i haven't been able to do any posts today...
i am usually on V/LA/very limitted access on weekends so i won't be back to be fully up on things until monday..
sorry!!

@mod pleas note that i will be V/LA for the weekend
Last edited by wierdalexv on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 7

Hiplop wrote:... having the same opinion on a player isnt sheeping
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:Thanks for this. Was just about to say something along the lines of it, saves me some time.
You precisely said you just agree with what he said and provided no independent content. "Ditto" or "This." would have done exactly the same thing.

You sheeped.

You
explicitly
say that, since Ran said exactly what you were going to say, you didn't need to provide your own content.

Textbook.

Admit it.

Or by all means, dig deeper.

Still waiting for a single independent thought from your player slot. It hasn't happened so far. You've apologized for not having content and sheeped.

I just want to quote this again:
Hiplop wrote:saves me some time.

You're acknowledging that you aren't going to post independent content, and you're happy about it, because it "saves you some time."
DrDolittle wrote:don't know if soda is trying to buddy up on #133
Acosmist wrote:Has Soda continued to avoid Captain Greypatch? After that initial "lemme mention this person I could equally vote for in RVS but won't" post?
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Unvote: Acosmosist
. I disagree with a few of his points, but for the most part I like how he's handling himself now.

I'm gonna reread everything much more closely after dinner, but Soda is making some crappy arguments, particularly in regard to FuDuzn. On the other hand, I like what Baseline is saying about FuDuzn.

More from me later.
Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:
You precisely said you just agree with what he said and provided no independent content. "Ditto" or "This." would have done exactly the same thing.

You sheeped.

You
explicitly
say that, since Ran said exactly what you were going to say, you didn't need to provide your own content.

Textbook.

Admit it.

Or by all means, dig deeper.

Still waiting for a single independent thought from your player slot. It hasn't happened so far. You've apologized for not having content and sheeped.

I just want to quote this again:
Hiplop wrote:saves me some time.

You're acknowledging that you aren't going to post independent content, and you're happy about it, because it "saves you some time."

i could paraphrase if you wish, though i dont see the point. His point I agree with, simply as that.

I'm kinda burnt out of mafia, but i dont want to leave my games because replacing out would be a d*** move, so im trying to muscle through it
Ranmaru wrote:
SodaSpirit17 wrote:

Baseline is kinda inactive but even though his points are against me,

DrDoolittle- Kinda didn't like his jump on me after Baseline posted, since he gave little to no explanation and kinda did nothing afterwards,
but he's gotten better

Underlined, how so?
Bold, how did he get better?
FuDuzn wrote:Soda, what is so bad about answering the questions Ranmaru posed to me? And why are my reads not genuine?

What's wrong is that you don't really further explain your reads when people ask you about them. For example, I want to understand what makes you think CG's arguments are logical. So again: I want you to quote two - three arguments you felt were logical enough to show that Grey is townie to you. Point out why you thought those arguments were logical.
Captain Greypatch wrote:For f***s sake Uberninja have you heard of a hypothetical question?
Greypatch
: Yes, you are active. Please keep it that way. But asking people their opinions on one person and YOURSELF is very closeminded. I can say that since there isn't much activity, it's hard to get a lead. Now I want you to give me your opinion on three to four lurky players. (Excluding Soda)

Right. Right. I asked for an opinion on Hiplop as well, but lets score points. I have 2... You and Soda. No.

Right, right. You said you were trying everything you could. But yet you are not. You are now only replying to me and not really saying anything else. I can understand not much happening but you CAN give opinions on others. If you don't want to, you better find a way to contribute something... :?
DrDolittle wrote:don't know if soda is trying to buddy up on #133

To who?
Acosmist wrote:Has Soda continued to avoid Captain Greypatch? After that initial "lemme mention this person I could equally vote for in RVS but won't" post?

What do you think of this:
[Link lost in crash.]
Ranmaru wrote:Also keep in mind I have a paper to do tommorow. And Saturday I'll be away for another tournament. : D I'll try to comment briefly tommorow night once I am finished.

I'll be back Sunday.
Captain Greypatch wrote:You'll like this content Ranmaru :wink: .

I don't see why anyone has a town read on Ran. Yes, he's technically active(unlike everyone else including me :roll: ) but Ranmaru is making too much of a point of being the "town-hero". He ignores the crux of my arguements(just comes up with invalid response) then suddenly turns into a lurker hunting hero and stops responding, even though I posted a few questions(evasiveness). He even twisted me saying I didn't think I could lead a lynch
THEN
(still early days) into how "bad dumb greypatch isn't trying and isn't confident", even though that is how you would talk about a townie, after all from a suspicious pov I could be scum who is posting enough to not get lynched. I'm "dumb null-scum" but he's hasn't pushed it, almost as if he needed to test the waters first(which I think he did, have a look). This might sound funny at first, but calling me stupid IS a scumtell and it's used to damage a players credibility.

He might have posted questions and had arguements, but they've been as useful as a fake doorhandle. It's always the scum who like to talk about trivial bollocks, it's a not so subtle way of trying to appear useful. His lurker hunting is part of this, he's constantly making a point of how "no one is helping as much as me". "This/your play could have been better" all day is not scumhunting.

Someone said they didn't like the Acosmist bandwagon and I'm going to have to agree, I doubt that's a wagon on scum that got 4 townies. We're not even near the dealine and there isn't much on him.
Uberninja wrote:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: SodaSpirit17
Haschel Cedricson wrote:UPDATE: My wife is very sick, so that's why I didn't post last night. Also, we leaving for the doctor's office in a few minutes, so I will not be posting anything of substance this morning.

Sorry, but she kind of takes precedence over Mafia.
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:i could paraphrase if you wish, though i dont see the point. His point I agree with, simply as that.

I'm kinda burnt out of mafia, but i dont want to leave my games because replacing out would be a d*** move, so im trying to muscle through it

So you recognize that when you could either paraphrase what someone else said or just quote it and say "thanks for posting, now I don't have to," you're sheeping? Yes?

Also, first Baseline and now hiplop basically saying they don't even want to play this game. :/
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
. I disagree with a few of his points, but for the most part I like how he's handling himself now.

I'm gonna reread everything much more closely after dinner, but Soda is making some crappy arguments, particularly in regard to FuDuzn. On the other hand, I like what Baseline is saying about FuDuzn.

More from me later.

It's an honest-to-goodness real word!
Ranmaru wrote:What do you think of this:
[Link lost in crash.]
It's painful to read. Baseline and FuDuzn are both arguing that the other is misrepresenting a third party's vote for a fourth party.

Here's the definitive story: Soda made a point of random-voting Haschel based on his name length. In the same post, he pointed out that he equally could have voted Greypatch on that basis. Thus, the random vote came with some reason.

DrDolittle pointed out the strained attempt to justify the vote (and, as I would like to remind people, a strained attempt to justify not voting CG). DrDolittle made a random vote without providing a reason. FuDuzn thinks he detects a contradiction! If you don't need a reason for random-voting, then why are you jumping on Soda for giving a reason? Having a reason or lacking a reason in RVS can't correlate with alignment, according to this argument.

Well, that's not how I read DrDolittle's logic. You don't need a reason, but there are certain ways of giving a reason that can subtly indicate your motivations. DrDolittle was precisely saying "Sure, you don't need a reason - so why was Soda so quick to give one?" That's a legit insight.

FuDuzn's interpretation was flawed. DrDolittle did not engage in contradictory behavior. However, the logic leading one to this conclusion is difficult. I am not drawing a negative inference against FuDuzn for that.

Baseline is similarly making a too-fine distinction between "giving or not-giving a reason" and "being forced, unnatural, and over-the-top." Giving a reason can be forced and unnatural. I think that is what DrDolittle was saying.

This entire affair reads as an instance of poor critical thinking skills and poor interpretation. That having been said, we'll see what the participants do now that they've had it explained for them.

I don't see why anyone has a town read on Ran. Yes, he's technically active(unlike everyone else including me :roll: ) but Ranmaru is making too much of a point of being the "town-hero". He ignores the crux of my arguements(just comes up with invalid response) then suddenly turns into a lurker hunting hero and stops responding, even though I posted a few questions(evasiveness). He even twisted me saying I didn't think I could lead a lynch
THEN
(still early days) into how "bad dumb greypatch isn't trying and isn't confident", even though that is how you would talk about a townie, after all from a suspicious pov I could be scum who is posting enough to not get lynched. I'm "dumb null-scum" but he's hasn't pushed it, almost as if he needed to test the waters first(which I think he did, have a look). This might sound funny at first, but calling me stupid IS a scumtell and it's used to damage a players credibility.

He might have posted questions and had arguements, but they've been as useful as a fake doorhandle. It's always the scum who like to talk about trivial bollocks, it's a not so subtle way of trying to appear useful. His lurker hunting is part of this, he's constantly making a point of how "no one is helping as much as me". "This/your play could have been better" all day is not scumhunting.

Someone said they didn't like the Acosmist bandwagon and I'm going to have to agree, I doubt that's a wagon on scum that got 4 townies. We're not even near the dealine and there isn't much on him.

Part of this spoke to me. I mean, FuDuzn, Baseline, and DrDolittle don't even seem to be on the same page. How about telling them "Hey, you misread the other guy" instead of opening a bag of popcorn and asking other players to comment on the ensuing chaos?
DrDolittle wrote:
VOTE: Ran
Hiplop wrote:I retract my comment about not wanting to play, i think i was just in a pessimistic mood :P

VOTE: DoLittle

Feeling on this one, doesn't feel natural, seems forced. Also acosmist has deflected the hate in such a way I think pursuing him would result in a townflip. Dolittle on the otherhand seems to be survivalistic, which I dont like one bit.
DrDolittle wrote:I'm never survivalistic.
Give evidence.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:

:hifive:

UNVOTE: , VOTE: Ranmaru

Uberninja wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Uberninja wrote:
Poses questionable interrogative about "lynching someone now". Not only irrelevant; leading as well.

Why shouldn't you vote someone now? I think I'm all right at this game, but I don't quite think I'm capable of "leading" a lynch of Ranmaru or Soda
now
User alias Captain Greypatch's apocryphal behavior calculated to be increasing in dubiousness.

Such was not the original intent of the question; misrepresenting one's own statement shows an eagerness to shift blame and muddy the waters. User alias Captain Greypatch guilty of said misrepresentation.

Original query was as follows:
Captain Greypatch wrote:Uberninja, if you had to lynch someone now, who would you vote?
Follow-up statement by user alias Captain Greypatch fails to address concerns brought forth by original response, and attempts to deflect it into oblivion with hypothetical queries and irrelevant statements.

Behavior considered harmful.
Uberninja wrote:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Captain Greypatch
Uberninja wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:Uberninja, if you had to lynch someone now, who would you vote?
Query now considered worth processing.

Response is . . .
user alias Captain Greypatch.

All users advised to place vote accordingly.
FuDuzn wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:I'm never survivalistic.
Give evidence.

I was trying to step back a bit from DrDoo, but a statement like this makes me think twice about unvoting. A classic deflection of pressure, especially suspicious when it is deflected back onto someone who is garnering his own suspicion and has already admitted to being a bit half ass this game. It may be something small, but it is still something........*that's what she said*
DrDolittle wrote:Do you know what you are talking about? Deflection of pressure? CLASSIC? First of all, I am not pressured. Secondly, telling someone to give evidence is not deflection.
Or do you want do give an example of how I am being a survivalist?
FuDuzn wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:Do you know what you are talking about? Deflection of pressure? CLASSIC? First of all, I am not pressured. Secondly, telling someone to give evidence is not deflection.
Or do you want do give an example of how I am being a survivalist?

Why would I give evidence of you being a survivalist, I was not the one who called you as such. And it is very much deflection, you are trying to make the accuser look like they don't know what they are talking about therefore making it seem as if their case on you holds no water.

But since you are all about this survivalist thing, prove to me that you are not one.
DrDolittle wrote:You're not making any sense. Seriously.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Alright, first I want to address this exchange:
Baseline wrote:
FuDuzn wrote:So within 5 posts he goes from chatstising someone for making a random vote and calling it stupid, to justifying his own RV claiming that 'he needs no reason'. How are you going to justify a vote on someone because of their RV yet then turn right around and say that your RV needs no explanation? Strong scum vibes from DrDoo

This is a very big misrepresentation. DrDoo voted Soda because Sodas vote read as forced, unnatural and over the top, not because a reason was or wasn't given. This reads as an illogical attempt to justify a vote on elsewhere from one of the main wagons.
FuDuzn wrote:
FuDuzn wrote:@DrDoo:

He goes after Soda for his Random Vote because he didn't like the reason Soda gave for his random vote, then turns around and says that a Random Vote needs no reason........so why would he call someone out for making a vote in RVS that was random? DrDoo stretched trying to make Soda look back for no real reason, I am just calling him out on it.
FuDuzn completely misses the point here. The way I interpret DoLittle's statement is that a player does not have to provide a reason with their RVS-vote. That doesn't mean that there isn't a reason. Soda made an RVS-vote and gave what DrDoLittle felt was an awkward reason. DrDoLittle isn't hypocritical at all for later providing a reason for his RVS-vote, because he did so only after people were attacking him for it. The two aren't the same at all, and FuDuzn's claim that he isn't misrepresenting DrDoLittle comes across as willful ignorance.

Moving on:

Reading through DrDoLittle's iso, I cannot find one thing that indicates he is being survivalistic. Hiplop votes for DrDoLittle with an unfounded accusation with no citations of evidence to back it up. DrDoLittle correctly points this out, and FuDuzn immediately jumps on him for "deflecting pressure" back onto hiplop. This is the most retarded thing I have heard today, and I had to listen to a crazy guy talking to himself in the waiting room at the doctor's office earlier. Hiplop made an unfounded accusation, and somehow DrDoLittle is scummy for pointing that out?
FuDuzn wrote:And it is very much deflection, you are trying to make the accuser look like they don't know what they are talking about therefore making it seem as if their case on you holds no water.
Hiplop has given no reason for anybody to assume that he knows what he's talking about. His lack of a case holds no water.

FuDuzn, I believe you are a pedophile*. Don't bother denying it; if you deny it or ask for evidence, I will accuse you of deflecting the pressure back to me and trying to make it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about.

See how stupid that sounded?

You initially voted for DrDolittle due to a gross misinterpretation of what he said. Once the town started to relieve the pressure on DrDolittle, you make a half-assed attempt to keep it there by quasi-supporting a stupid case made by somebody else.
Vote: FuDuzn
Uberninja wrote:*I do not actually believe FuDuzn is a pedophile.
Informational Query:
- Request that user alias Haschel Cedricson perform a detailed analysis on user alias Captain Greypatch

Appended data modules:
- Customary condolences regarding poor physical health of spouse
- Customary well-wishes regarding spouse's future health outlook

End of transmission.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 9

Uberninja wrote:
Greater level of activity requested.
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.6

[3] FuDuzn ~ Baseline, Haschel Cedricson [L-3]
[2] Acosmist ~ Ranmaru, sword_of_omens, SodaSpirit [L-4]
[2] Ranmaru ~ DrDolittle, Acosmist, Captain Greypatch [L-4]
[2] DrDolittle [L-4]
[1] SodaSpirit17 ~ FuDuzn, hiplop[L-5]
[1] Captain Greypatch ~ Uberninja [L-5]
[0] hiplop [L-6]
[0] Uberninja[L-6]
[0] sword_of_omens [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
[0] Not Voting
Ranmaru wrote:Will post tonight. (Or earlier) Got home yesterday at 1 am.
FuDuzn wrote:
Mod, the vote counter seems all out of wack
Captain Greypatch wrote:
[3] Acosmist ~ Ranmaru, sword_of_omens, SodaSpirit [L-3]
[3] Ranmaru ~ DrDolittle, Acosmist, Captain Greypatch [L-3]
[2] FuDuzn ~ Baseline, Haschel Cedricson [L-4]
[2] DrDolittle [L-4]
[0] hiplop [L-6]
[0] Uberninja[L-6]
[0] sword_of_omens [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
[0] Not Voting

Assuming he counted the votes vote right this is mostly correct but I don't know(who if anyone) voted DrDoolittle.

Everyone
, what you think of Ranmaru?
Uberninja wrote:
Upon re-evaluation, user alias Ranmaru found to be asking other users to scumhunt and/or provide reasoning for their assertions at a disproportionately high rate; not only more often than is considered necessary and/or "normal", but more critically, asking for said scumhunting and reasoning more often than he scumhunts or provides reasons himself. This in and of itself is deemed problematic.

Anomalous findings of this re-evaluation will be compared against previous town read on user alias Ranmaru and conglomerated into an average read gradually. At this time no overwhelmingly positive or negative evidence regarding user alias Ranmaru's alignment have been found, and until such time as an ultimatum is reached or demanded, final judgement on user alias Ranmaru will be necessarily reserved.

Hiplop wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Hiplop, what do you think of Fu?
Hes somewhat in the middle, leaning more towards the green side though (town i mean)

WHATEVER YOU SAY UBERNINJA ILL LISTEN <3

Ranmaru kinda seems like The "Towny-scumbag". But he could also just be "The Scumbaggy-Town", I THINK SODA IS A BETTER BET FOR NOW, JUST BASED ON HIS PLAY, PLUS IF RANMARU IS TOWN HES A GOOD ASSET TO HAVE...sorry for the caps
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:RANMARU IS TOWN HES A GOOD ASSET TO HAVE...sorry for the caps

He's an asset as town (so a good town player) but so bad as scum that we're happy carrying him around for a while?

Can you cite me games where he's been that bad as scum?
Ranmaru wrote:

I don't see why anyone has a town read on Ran. Yes, he's technically active(unlike everyone else including me :roll: ) but Ranmaru is making too much of a point of being the "town-hero". He ignores the crux of my arguements(just comes up with invalid response) then suddenly turns into a lurker hunting hero and stops responding, even though I posted a few questions(evasiveness). He even twisted me saying I didn't think I could lead a lynch THEN(still early days) into how "bad dumb greypatch isn't trying and isn't confident", even though that is how you would talk about a townie, after all from a suspicious pov I could be scum who is posting enough to not get lynched. I'm "dumb null-scum" but he's hasn't pushed it, almost as if he needed to test the waters first(which I think he did, have a look). This might sound funny at first, but calling me stupid IS a scumtell and it's used to damage a players credibility.

He might have posted questions and had arguements,
but they've been as useful as a fake doorhandle
. It's always the scum who like to talk about trivial bollocks, it's a not so subtle way of trying to appear useful. His lurker hunting is part of this, he's constantly making a point of how "no one is helping as much as me". "This/your play could have been better" all day is not scumhunting.

Again. Your reasons are invalid. You say I tried to fake being useful, and I never did. My content was never fake. And I will hunt whoever I think deserves it. I never twisted you, I just stated what I thought about you. You don't seem to have a working scumdar. (Again, your reasons are not valid, they are flimsy) You attack me, and Soda. Soda is an easy lynch. Just look at Hiplop hopping onto Soda just because he is content with him dying.

Calling you stupid is not a scum tell. If you can give better reasons, I would withdraw this comment.

The underlined, that doesn't determine alignment.

Also, I never pushed for you because you were active. In a lurker town, I'd rather push for lurkers. I like activity.

What do you think of Baseline? He asked me about you and didn't really give a read to follow that up.
DrDolittle wrote:

Reason?
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:

Reason?
Acosmist wrote:
SodaSpirit17 wrote:FuDuzn, it's not scummy if you have similar opinions, but it is scummy if that's all you post, you really hadn't given much more then what other people had already said.

Acosmist just keeps on looking terribler and terribler. I hate how he waits for someone else to vote Ran to vote Ran himself. He gave no reason whatsoever and he's getting too comfy for his britches

Vote: Acosmist

Sure I did. You're just not reading. Does it upset you I voted your scumbuddy rather than you? There'll be time for everyone.

No you didn't. Link me to the reasoning.
Hiplop wrote:prs dont clear people, but they dont make them scum either, its null-town if anything

I'm content with soda dying,
he is a lot different here than past town games with him
, in fact doolittle case was silly I think.

VOTE: Soda

You aren't trying hard enough to find scum.
Acosmist wrote:
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:i could paraphrase if you wish, though i dont see the point. His point I agree with, simply as that.

So you recognize that when you could either paraphrase what someone else said or just quote it and say "thanks for posting, now I don't have to," you're sheeping? Yes?

Also, first Baseline and now hiplop basically saying they don't even want to play this game. :/
Haschel Cedricson wrote:

More from me later.

It's an honest-to-goodness real word!
Ranmaru wrote:What do you think of this:
[Link lost in crash.]
It's painful to read. Baseline and FuDuzn are both arguing that the other is misrepresenting a third party's vote for a fourth party.

Here's the definitive story: Soda made a point of random-voting Haschel based on his name length. In the same post, he pointed out that he equally could have voted Greypatch on that basis. Thus, the random vote came with some reason.

DrDolittle pointed out the strained attempt to justify the vote (and, as I would like to remind people, a strained attempt to justify not voting CG). DrDolittle made a random vote without providing a reason. FuDuzn thinks he detects a contradiction! If you don't need a reason for random-voting, then why are you jumping on Soda for giving a reason? Having a reason or lacking a reason in RVS can't correlate with alignment, according to this argument.

Well, that's not how I read DrDolittle's logic. You don't need a reason, but there are certain ways of giving a reason that can subtly indicate your motivations. DrDolittle was precisely saying "Sure, you don't need a reason - so why was Soda so quick to give one?" That's a legit insight.

FuDuzn's interpretation was flawed. DrDolittle did not engage in contradictory behavior. However, the logic leading one to this conclusion is difficult. I am not drawing a negative inference against FuDuzn for that.

Baseline is similarly making a too-fine distinction between "giving or not-giving a reason" and "being forced, unnatural, and over-the-top." Giving a reason can be forced and unnatural. I think that is what DrDolittle was saying.

This entire affair reads as an instance of poor critical thinking skills and poor interpretation. That having been said, we'll see what the participants do now that they've had it explained for them.

THEN

Part of this spoke to me. I mean, FuDuzn, Baseline, and DrDolittle don't even seem to be on the same page. How about telling them "Hey, you misread the other guy" instead of opening a bag of popcorn and asking other players to comment on the ensuing chaos?

Swatted.

Next.
Ranmaru wrote:Yeah. That wasn't the point of my question to you. I was wondering what you thought of Soda's read on Baseline. I'll bring up a quote.
Ranmaru wrote:As you can see. You pointed out a possible scum connection between Soda and CG. And I thought Soda's read on Baseline and their interaction was a little iffy. I asked you about the quote since I thought you might have picked that up. Quotes below:
Baseline wrote:
SodaSpirit17 wrote:Baseline is kinda inactive but even though his points are against me,

I appreciate the sentiment but it's not exactly true, I've really lacked interest in this game and haven't given it anywhere near my all. With that said if you have less interest on the site as a whole what made you rejoin another game?
Ranmaru wrote:Oops. Quote messed up lol. Reads in a bit.
Acosmist wrote:lol

You noticed that too. Yeah, can you repost something a whole lot clearer?
Ranmaru wrote:Yes, I can (Next post). I did notice that. I felt as if Baseline was essentially trying to rebound from Soda focusing on him by asking "what made you rejoin the game?" as if to change the subject. This is something to be noted for the future, because I have nothing on Baseline, nor Soda. I do look forward to his reads.
Ranmaru wrote:Re-posting.
Ranmaru wrote:As you can see. You pointed out a possible scum connection between Soda and CG. And I thought Soda's read on Baseline and their interaction was a little iffy. I asked you about the quote since I thought you might have picked that up. Quotes below:
Baseline wrote:

Uberninja wrote:
Uberninja wrote:
Query now considered worth processing.

Response is . . .
user alias Captain Greypatch.

All users advised to place vote accordingly.
Response still valid.

Advisory still in effect.
Ranmaru wrote:Reads:

Hiplop
: Scum. Isn't trying at all to find scum, and has hidden intent when he votes people. He only votes Dr. Doolittle when he voted me, and just hops onto Soda because he feels like he should die.

Vote: Hiplop

I do think he is a better lynch choice than Soda, actually.

Fudduzins
: Null-Scum. I don't really like his ... quietness. Haschel made some good points about him, even before voting him. I support his lynch only if Hiplop isn't.

Soda
: I like his read on Fudduzin. I asked Fudduzin a question and they did seem half-assed. I don't see any scum intent with Soda. Although there could possibly be a connection between Baseline and him. Yet, I feel Soda has been genuine.

Uberninja
: Null. A bit tunnely on Greypatch. I do feel GP may have a point with Uberninja bringing up a case a little late.

Baseline
: null. He hasn't really gotten into the game that much. I don't like that he states that he doesn't like the aco wagon yet doesn't even state why.

sword of omens
: null. Hopefully he can post and hope all has been resolved.
Ranmaru wrote:D*** it.

I forgot to say I was listening (and still am listening) to Metroid Metal.
Hiplop wrote:
Acosmist wrote:
Hiplop wrote:RANMARU IS TOWN HES A GOOD ASSET TO HAVE...sorry for the caps

he's an asset as town (so a good town player) but so bad as scum that we're happy carrying him around for a while?

I didnt say that did i?

He seems to be trying to find scum...in a minimum capacity. Soda I can't say the same for, and so I'm valuing Ranmaru over Soda, thats it.
Ranmaru wrote:Hiplop: Scum. Isn't trying at all to find scum, and has hidden intent when he votes people. He only votes Dr. Doolittle when he voted me, and just hops onto Soda because he feels like he should die.

This sounds eerily like OMGUS, despite hating that term, it certainly fits here. What "hidden intent" is there for Dr doolittle voting you? You have empty words my friend.

Also, why else would you want someone lynched? Would you rather hop onto their bandwagon to see them do a merry dance? Either you're poor with words, or you are sidestepping saying ANYTHING of value, but please, carry on calling everyone scum
DrDolittle wrote:Ran-Hiplop-Soda scumteam detected.

Uberninja, place this into your system 32 under administrative preferences
DrDolittle wrote:@Hiplop: In spanish, we call what you're doing to cripple juan to save pedro.
Ranmaru wrote:Hiplop is saying that he can only find two scum games of me ever. Both that I won. (Notice that he snipped that part out from Aco's post)

Hiplop
: No no. I'm saying there was hidden intent for you voting Dr. Doolittle.
DrDolittle wrote:Ran stop accusing everybody. There are only 3 scum. One of them is you.
Ranmaru wrote:I am not accusing everybody.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 10

DrDolittle wrote:Must I iso? I'm on a phone. Ill do that later.
Ranmaru wrote:Go ahead. You are only saying that because Hiplop said that. :wink:
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:

THEN

He might have posted questions and had arguements,
but they've been as useful as a fake doorhandle
. It's always the scum who like to talk about trivial bollocks, it's a not so subtle way of trying to appear useful. His lurker hunting is part of this, he's constantly making a point of how "no one is helping as much as me". "This/your play could have been better" all day is not scumhunting.

Again. 1. Your reasons are invalid. 2. You say I tried to fake being useful, and I never did. My content was never fake. 3. And I will hunt whoever I think deserves it. 4. I never twisted you, I just stated what I thought about you. 5. You don't seem to have a working scumdar. (Again, your reasons are not valid, they are flimsy) 6. You attack me, and Soda. 7. Soda is an easy lynch. 8. Just look at Hiplop hopping onto Soda just because he is content with him dying.

Calling you stupid is not a scum tell. If you can give better reasons, I would withdraw this comment.

The underlined, that doesn't determine alignment.

Also, I never pushed for you because you were active. In a lurker town, I'd rather push for lurkers. I like activity.

What do you think of Baseline? He asked me about you and didn't really give a read to follow that up.
You aren't trying hard enough to find scum.
1. Nice blanket statement.
2. You did, it's quite obvious, almost all your activity is asking random questions and remarking on how little no one else has done, which funnily enough gets nothing done.
3. Or whoever you can
Best example of opportunism ever wrote:
Votecount 1.3

4. Evidence of twisting what I said(for some reason link in post is wrong)
Ranmaru wrote:I have Mr. Patch as nullscum. He seems sort of, dumb... But he also is tunneling a bit, and isn't really giving opinions of anyone besides me and Soda. I don't think he is trying that hard.
He states that he isn't that confident in leading a lynch on me or Soda
, but I don't even think he IS that confident in his reads yet. He is limiting himself a bit too early.

5. Doesn't every scumbag say that?
6. I primarily pushed for your lynch.
7. If I wanted an easy lynch I could have jumped on the Acosmist wagon.
8. Sorry but I'm not giving up on you yet.

In all my completed games only scum have done it. Bollocks I have a lot of good reasons for this stage.

:D

Yeah, you've got to go for the easy one, right MR Town-hero.

No. Because it was strange having so many posts to me without giving an opinion probably.

Yeah take a lesson from MR Town-hero here, you catch the scum by asking questions like "give your opinion on 4 lurky players" and remarking on how little no one else is doing AND always go for the unnaturally big bandwagon, it's ALWAYS on scum.
DrDolittle wrote:Lol I haven't even read hiplop's posts yet.
Ranmaru wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:@Hiplop: In spanish, we call what you're doing to cripple juan to save pedro.

Then what was this about?

@Grey I'll get to you soon
Captain Greypatch wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:There are only 3 scum. One of them is you.

There are 11 players in this game so there might actually be only 2 scum. Your spot on on here though.
Uberninja wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:Ran-Hiplop-Soda scumteam detected.

Uberninja, place this into your system 32 under administrative preferences
User access level not sufficient.
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:Hiplop: Scum. Isn't trying at all to find scum, and has hidden intent when he votes people. He
only votes Dr. Doolittle when he voted me
, and just
hops onto
Soda because he feels like he should die.

lol, is that a scumtell that works then?
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.3

Scum has been caught. If you're town, vote him.
Captain Greypatch wrote:I accidently left the first part bolded and I assumed he accused Hiplop of bandwagon hopping with hops-on. No matter I can give another reason. I think Ranmaru is naming all these "suspects" so he can see which gets going. That's consistent with someone who tests the waters before pushing a lynch.
Captain Greypatch
:

1. You are wrong.
2. Oh, I have done things. From the very beginning. I haven't just asked questions.
3. I had a good reason to vote Aco. A. He rolefished. B. He posted flavour questions without talking about his vote. (I'll bring another quote up about him now) I haven't just voted people that others have voted.
4. It wasn't twisting. You were essentially saying you wanted to accuse me but didn't have enough. You couldn't 'lead' a lynch, because you were waiting for Haschel, who FOS'd me before you posted.
5. No.
6. You only waited for me to post to mudsling at me. That is why I have stated that you were very limited. Your only lead is me, which is very thin. I don't see Soda as a lead for you.
7. No, Acosmist is not an easy lynch. Soda is. Saying what you said doesn't invalidate Soda as an easy lynch.
Captain Greypatch wrote:
In all my completed games
only scum have done it. Bollocks I have a lot of good reasons for this stage.

You have only played 5 games. (and 2 marathons) Wise you are, sir.
Yeah take a lesson from MR Town-hero here, you catch the scum by asking questions like "give your opinion on 4 lurky players" and remarking on how little no one else is doing AND always go for the unnaturally big bandwagon, it's ALWAYS on scum.

I have remarked on others.
Ranmaru wrote:

You noticed that too
. Yeah, can you repost something a whole lot clearer?
Referring to point 3. I have asked him about the post I linked, but only talked about Fuduzin and not the interaction between Baseline and Soda. Sure forgetting that doesn't imply anything. But check the bold. He says "You noticed that too", yet he hasn't talked about it himself when I asked him. I am awaiting his thoughts on the 'clearer' post I re-posted.

This roots back to his 'illusion' thing that Haschel stated. This is why I agreed to his lynch earlier on.
Ranmaru wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:I accidently left the first part bolded and I assumed he accused Hiplop of bandwagon hopping with hops-on. No matter I can give another reason. I think Ranmaru is naming all these "suspects" so he can see which gets going. That's consistent with someone who tests the waters before pushing a lynch.

Clarify the underlined please.
Ranmaru wrote:
[3] Acosmist ~ sword_of_omens, SodaSpirit [L-3]
[2] DrDolittle [L-4]
[0] hiplop ~ Ranmaru[L-6]
[0] Uberninja[L-6]
[0] sword_of_omens [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
[0] Not Voting

Re-posting this. I quoted it from Grey-patches pseudo votecount. There has only been one vote change since he posted that.

Hopefully Bvoigt can post an official vc.
wierdalexv/bvoigt wrote:
Hi, this is bvoigt. Alex was still logged in, so I'll just use his account to make it easier to ISO the mod. Hopefully this is accurate.

Votecount 1.7
[2] Acosmist ~ sword_of_omens, SodaSpirit [L-4]
[2] SodaSpirit17 ~ FuDuzn, hiplop [L-4]
[1] hiplop ~ Ranmaru [L-5]
[0] DrDolittle [L-6]
[0] Uberninja [L-6]
[0] sword_of_omens [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
[0] Not Voting

sword_of_omens has asked to be replaced.
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Captain Greypatch
:

1. You are wrong.
2. Oh, I have done things. From the very beginning. I haven't just asked questions.
3. I had a good reason to vote Aco. A. He rolefished. B. He posted flavour questions without talking about his vote. (I'll bring another quote up about him now) I haven't just voted people that others have voted.
4. It wasn't twisting. You were essentially saying you wanted to accuse me but didn't have enough. You couldn't 'lead' a lynch, because you were waiting for Haschel, who FOS'd me before you posted.
5. No.
6. You only waited for me to post to mudsling at me. That is why I have stated that you were very limited. Your only lead is me, which is very thin. I don't see Soda as a lead for you.
7. No, Acosmist is not an easy lynch. Soda is. Saying what you said doesn't invalidate Soda as an easy lynch.
2. Almost all your activity is questions, all that activiy and there is hardly any scumhunting.
3. Link to the rolefishing please. The flavour question will be useful and you voted him after he explained how because you couldn't resist voting him. That you are giving more reason to vote him now than you did then(or even all game) is evidence you are scum. All this effort to defend yourself but no pushing your biggest "scumreads" throughout the game...
4. No I was saying it was too early to lead a lynch. lol at MR "I'm going hop on to a big bandwagon, when I haven't mentiond the player once" accussing me of opportunism.
5. Practically all scum say "your reasons are wrong". That your saying I've got nothing on you when I've got a case and it's Day 1 is laughable.
6. Most of my case is based around your behaviour not specific quotes. No I told you I had Soda as a lead and my lead is thick as a vault door for day 1. Despite having time to post a lot earlier you didn't want to push the Captain and Soda theory. Conveniant now?
7. He was and you know that's an irrevelant response. And your point is?

"By all these suspects" everyone you was caling scummy.
Acosmist wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:Re-posting.
Baseline wrote:

Thank you.

Let me evaluate this quote in terms of all the possibilities.

Soda Scum-Baseline Scum:

Soda acknowledges his scumbuddy is attacking him. With the declaration against his own interest (this is a concept in the rules of evidence, in case you want more information about it), Soda hopes to buy credibility for his town read on Baseline - if someone's so town to you that you say so even when he's attacking you, you must be honestly reading him town.

Soda Scum-Baseline Town

Soda knows Baseline is right to attack him, and validates the attacks on himself. He tries to compliment Baseline's scumhunting because 1. it's well-directed, 2. he wants to flatter Baseline off him, and 3. agreeing with a townie early on means he won't have to change gears if Baseline becomes cleared. Baseline replies by pooh-poohing his own abilities in-game, possibly because he's worried about being flattered off the case.

Soda Town-Baseline Scum

Soda gives Baseline credit for what he thinks are legitimate, but misdirected, attacks. Baseline doesn't follow up with a harsher attack, but actually posts a self-deprecating statement, because he knows he's attacking town and doesn't want to "pile on" when Soda said something so deferential.

Soda Town-Baseline Town

Soda again gives Baseline credit for his scumhunting. Baseline, seeing a scumread of his trying to flatter him, denigrates his own scumhunting ability so he won't be flattered off the case.

Now, are you saying you think scenario 1 is most plausible?

I actually lean to scenario 2.
Acosmist wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:

You noticed that too
. Yeah, can you repost something a whole lot clearer?
Referring to point 3. I have asked him about the post I linked, but only talked about Fuduzin and not the interaction between Baseline and Soda. Sure forgetting that doesn't imply anything. But check the bold. He says "You noticed that too", yet he hasn't talked about it himself when I asked him. I am awaiting his thoughts on the 'clearer' post I re-posted.

This roots back to his 'illusion' thing that Haschel stated. This is why I agreed to his lynch earlier on.

No.

I said that because I was about to post that I had no clue what you were saying because of your screwed-up quoting. Then you posted to say you screwed up. So, as I was about to post to say I had no idea what you meant to say, you posted that you screwed up the tags.
Uberninja wrote:
Acosmist wrote:Let me evaluate this quote in terms of all the possibilities.

Soda Scum-Baseline Scum:

Soda acknowledges his scumbuddy is attacking him. With the declaration against his own interest (this is a concept in the rules of evidence, in case you want more information about it), Soda hopes to buy credibility for his town read on Baseline - if someone's so town to you that you say so even when he's attacking you, you must be honestly reading him town.

Soda Scum-Baseline Town

Soda knows Baseline is right to attack him, and validates the attacks on himself. He tries to compliment Baseline's scumhunting because 1. it's well-directed, 2. he wants to flatter Baseline off him, and 3. agreeing with a townie early on means he won't have to change gears if Baseline becomes cleared. Baseline replies by pooh-poohing his own abilities in-game, possibly because he's worried about being flattered off the case.

Soda Town-Baseline Scum

Soda gives Baseline credit for what he thinks are legitimate, but misdirected, attacks. Baseline doesn't follow up with a harsher attack, but actually posts a self-deprecating statement, because he knows he's attacking town and doesn't want to "pile on" when Soda said something so deferential.

Soda Town-Baseline Town

Soda again gives Baseline credit for his scumhunting. Baseline, seeing a scumread of his trying to flatter him, denigrates his own scumhunting ability so he won't be flattered off the case.

Scenario 2 indeed calculated to be most likely.

Query regarding user aliases {Sodaspirit17, Captain Greypatch}: Do you believe they could be miscreants together?
Baseline wrote:Sorry about my inactivity, been a little bit sick lately and used my energy to plan and have a good valentines day. Fully caught up now and don't plan on falling behind like that ever again, though there wasn't a super amount to catch up on since this game seems to be activity dead on the whole.

I really like CG's reasoning for suspecting Ranmaru in Post 158 it makes a great deal of sense even though I don't agree with his conclusion drawn. I think Ranmaru's attempt at being the 'town hero' is unalignment related, I think it's just a position he naturally likes to attempt to grasp especially with a lesser playlist likke this.

Alright, moving on to Post 161. While I really like the attempt to summarize 'objectively' what happened and peoples stances on it, a lot of it is wrong. DrDollite didn't point anything specific out, I did, I stated that the reasoning behind the 'random vote' seems forced and is scummy, DrDolittle agreed and said he read the same thing from it and voted alongside me. Furz tried to call DrDolittles agreement with the reasoning a contradiction when I tend to think it's very clearly not one and it's this sort of push that I found scummy though looking back at it, it may be just a difference in reading comprehension.

Sodas vote on Acosmist in Post 178 is bad, his reasoning is opportunistic and minimal and his avoidance of answering the prior questions directed at him in Post 156 show that he's not reading through this thread properly at all, he's skimming and just waiting for something to jump on.

Post 183 pretty much just killed the strong town read that I was starting to get from Captain. The amount of waffling on Sodas alignment in this post combined with the omgus vote and the over-defensiveness in tone of it all read as extremely scummy. I mirror Acosmists thoughts in the next post; I think it's much more likely that such a post restiction is given to a town player than a scum one, especially in an 11 player setup where there's likely few scum, sure it's possible he's faking the restriction but I don't see that legitimately happening - the only post restriction I've ever, ever seen faked that wasn't from town was from a third party (lyncher) and something like that shouldn't be the ultimate target for a lynch.

DrDollite, can you explain to me why you believe there's three scum? You referred to that number in Post 220 and Post 223. I was considering this sort of theory earlier but on reconsideration given the 11 player size of the setup I'm thinking two scum is far more likely.

Elaborating into potential scum-teams and partners as well as things like reading into minimal statements like done in Post 240 and Post 242 don't really help at all, sure it makes some logical sense and is easy to read and follow but it does nothing to enhance scumhunting or catch or proceed to lynch scum.
Baseline wrote:For those who don't know, I like using RedCoyotes scale to keep track of my reads and will likely be updating and reposting it regularly. If anyone wants a specific read or change of read explained just ask away and I'll ebaorate into it.

[Town]
- Acosmist - Uberninja -- Haschel ----- Ranmaru ----- DrDollitle - Captain
[Null]
Sword -- FuDurz - Hiplop -------- Soda ----
[Scum]

Unvote, Vote: Soda
FuDuzn wrote:I have had relatively low activity for myself, not sure why I can't get into this game the last few game pages. Going forward that will change though.

For now though one quick thing that has jumped out at me, could be nothing but the timing seems a bit odd. Just after Acosmist makes a post that basically says that Soda-scum/Baseline-town is most likely, Baseline quickly jumpes in to vote Soda. Not sure why this sticks out, but just seems like a bit of 'of course I am toww, look at my vote on who you said is scum'. Doesn't seem right.
Captain Greypatch wrote:Uberninja, I love how you've been calling me scum with him but only really voted me, I think active lurking is a little more scummy than my hypothetical question. I wish I was scum this game, it would be the most satisfying nightkill ever.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Gotta take care of a bunch of errands today, but I should have something of substance later tonight. Sorry.
wierdalexv/bvoigt wrote:
Prodding SodaSpirit17.

-bvoigt
Last edited by wierdalexv on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 11 (Partial)

Captain Greypatch wrote:
Baseline wrote:Sodas vote on Acosmist in Post 178 is bad, his reasoning is opportunistic and minimal and his avoidance of answering the prior questions directed at him in Post 156 show that he's not reading through this thread properly at all, he's skimming and just waiting for something to jump on.

Did you not see this?
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.3

[4] Acosmist ~ FuDuzn, Hiplop, Haschel Cedricson, Ranmaru [L-2].

There's nothing more opportunistic in the whole thread, bear in mind Ranmaru didn't even mention acosmist before this.
Acosmist wrote:
Uberninja wrote:
Acosmist wrote:Let me evaluate this quote in terms of all the possibilities.

Soda Scum-Baseline Scum:

Soda Scum-Baseline Town

Soda Town-Baseline Scum

Soda Town-Baseline Town

Query regarding user aliases {Sodaspirit17, Captain Greypatch}: Do you believe they could be miscreants together?
They could be. It would explain Soda's mention of him without a vote if they were. However, it would equally make sense that CG is town and Soda felt a little awkward not voting him because he's town (the choice of Haschel instead would make me suspect him a lot more). I'm seeing a correlation of 0 at this time, though. There are too many interpretations to consider, too many possible worlds with complicated interactions. It's not the three-body problem: it's an eleven-body problem.
DrDolittle wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

I don't like this post. asking (or maybe even appealing)Acosmist town on suject which is mentioned and believed to be true.
Acosmist wrote:

Remember this post for later. Right now, Soda's explanation is as plausible as the alternative. If CG flips scum, I will wonder why Soda specifically wanted to mention CG and not vote him (in my experience this is scumscumscumliciousness).
Uberninja wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Baseline wrote:Sodas vote on Acosmist in Post 178 is bad, his reasoning is opportunistic and minimal and his avoidance of answering the prior questions directed at him in Post 156 show that he's not reading through this thread properly at all, he's skimming and just waiting for something to jump on.

Did you not see this?
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.3

[4] Acosmist ~ FuDuzn, Hiplop, Haschel Cedricson, Ranmaru [L-2].

There's nothing more opportunistic in the whole thread, bear in mind Ranmaru didn't even mention acosmist before this.
Entire crusade against user alias Ranmaru seems fabricated.

Excessive support for termination of said user based on thin reasoning noted.
DrDolittle wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

I don't like this post. asking (or maybe even appealing)Acosmist town on suject which is mentioned and believed to be true.
Acosmist wrote:

Remember this post for later. Right now, Soda's explanation is as plausible as the alternative. If CG flips scum, I will wonder why Soda specifically wanted to mention CG and not vote him (in my experience this is scumscumscumliciousness).

Machines making err0rs is 1mp0ss1br$^*$#$%&^%*#--

Warning: Fatal system crash

Reboot in safe mode?
Captain Greypatch wrote:
Uberninja wrote:
Entire crusade against user alias Ranmaru seems fabricated.

Excessive support for termination of said user based on thin reasoning noted.

Ohhh, do I need some watertight reasoning like your reasoning for voting me? If you're town I'm making a VI list and putting you at the top.
They could be. It would explain Soda's mention of him without a vote if they were. However, it would equally make sense that CG is town and Soda felt a little awkward not voting him because he's town (the choice of Haschel instead would make me suspect him a lot more). I'm seeing a correlation of 0 at this time, though. There are too many interpretations to consider, too many possible worlds with complicated interactions. It's not the three-body problem: it's an eleven-body problem

How likely is it Uberninja is scum with Soda and doing the: "link townie with your scumbuddie and vote the townie" tactic?
Captain Greypatch wrote:Uberninja's original reasons for voting me were my because I apparently make sense as scum with Soda but he can't know wether I or Soda is scum(not if he's town anyway) and it's day 1, but despite this, he's voted me for it. Something I've just noticed was his vote on Soda came after a few players unvoted Soda then he immediattly moved his vote onto me, which was justified with OLD quotes about my evil :twisted: question, even though they were from before his previous votes.
wierdalexv wrote:
BVOIGT YOU ACCOUNT THIEF!!!

Anyways...

"You're scum!"
"No YOU'RE scum!"
"Well, I said it first, so you're scum!"
"Shut up! You're ALL scum!"
The heated arguments are hard on sword_of_omens. All these valid accusations make it even harder to distinguish innocent from guilty.
"His voice sounds weird. He must be scum!"
"But you talk so loud. That's definitely scum behavior."
"What even IS a scum?"
Nobody even notices when sword_of_omens disappears. Of course, they do notice when two guys dressed in medieval-style clothes pop up in right in front of them. Zor, a tall, strong looking man, slams his fist on the ground. "So close! Two more seconds and he'd be dead! It's not every day you get a chance to throw Ned Stark's kid off a tower!"
Sophie, a thin, mustached man with creepy eyes, snorts and asks, "You think that's bad? I was almost done with my first music video!"
"Oh, the tragedy."
"Hey!
Creepin' Littlefinger
would've been an instant hit! CREEPIN' ON THE LOOOW, LOOOW..."
"Shut up! Where are we?"
"Uh...definitely not King's Landing. Definitely not Winterfell. Maybe not even Westeros. And these people don't look like Targaryens either. So that leaves...Jaime, do you know any other places?"

Sword_of_Omens is replaced by Jaime "Zar" Lannister and Peter "Sophie" Baelish, who together form the hydra House Lannister.

Not bad for never reading ASOIAF, is it?
Modnote: I had WAY too much fun writing that replacement.
Last edited by wierdalexv on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Page 12
wierdalexv wrote:
Votecount 1.8
[4] Ranmaru ~ DrDolittle, Acosmist, Captain Greypatch, hiplop [L-2]
[1] Acosmist ~ SodaSpirit [L-5]
[1] SodaSpirit17 ~ FuDuzn [L-5]
[1] hiplop ~ Ranmaru, House Lannister [L-5]
[0] DrDolittle [L-6]
[0] Uberninja [L-6]
[0] House Lannister [L-6]
[0] Baseline [L-6]
wierdalexv wrote:
Haschel Cedricson was playing it up very well. Even the Metroids, who were raised with him, didn't know his secretive true identity. But he could feel it slipping. No, he hadn't killed his victim, which was probably a mistake, despite the victim being trapped in a metal room with a bolted door. No, it was something else. Like his body was...fading. He shook it off, and started paying attention to the humans speak.
"CREEPIN' ON THE LOOOW, LOOOW..."
So boring. Come on, people falling from the sky? He wanted to ask them to try to tell him with a straight face that that's not an everyday occurrence.
"So, what do you think of them, Haschel?"
He looks up at these two weirdos that called themselves something stupid like "House Lannister".
He think for a minute, and says in the human tongue, "Obvious scum."
Except that's not what comes out. In X-Toungue, he said, "19kh1kjhi35t".
They look at him with alarm.
"What did you say?"
"kjtiu1kjh4jb1nkj1431h4h1j3h14h51h14u5h4h1n4iu1aj3q3htehf9qjj89hn shfwnelk43trae345sgiewu5637enti34andiwannabagel!"
He can't help it. Human-speak just won't come out.
BANG. A shot rings out in the dark. Haschel Cedricson keels over.
Yates stands behind him. "X-Parasite mimic," he spits.

Haschel Cedricson,
Serial Killing Hydra Hater
, Shot Day 1.

"So, let's get on with it."

Haschel Cedricson is replaced by Yates. The Serial Killer is just flavor, and may or may not be his actual role.
FuDuzn wrote:
UNVOTE:

It has been tough for me to get into this game lately tbh, and Soda and DrDoo were the only real good scum reads I had. There does seem to be some evidence for Ranmaru and with only a day left his reaction at L-1 could tell us(or at least me) something.
House Lannister wrote:
@Mod: correct the vote count

~Sophie
Yates? Not actually sure who wrote:LOL - Yates replaces in to a corpse. Fun playing with you all!
Yates wrote:I should be caught up by later tonight.
Ranmaru wrote:Fuduzn, we still have time. With almost more than 2 replacements, I feel we might have to vote for a deadline.

Secondly, there is no case on me. I would like you to express what you agree with the case.

Keep in mind that most of my wagon has either no reason, or very little reason to vote me.
No reason:

Acosmist*, Dr. Doolittle

Weak reason:

Hiplop (saying i'm trying to avoid pressure), Fuduzn

Weak case:

Greypatch
*Aco voted me for a misunderstanding, but yet hasn't explained it since. So it seems he just left the vote there.

===============

In case I am lynched:

My latest scum reads would be [Hiplop, Dr. Doolittle]

Lynch Hiplop first. If he flips scum, lynch Dr. Doolittle asap. Dr. Doolittle seems to go along with Hiplop, and vice versa.

Uberninja, please try to vote Hiplop instead of Greypatch. If Hiplop doesn't flip scum, then feel free to push on GP.

Now GP. I hope he is town, and just trying to catch scum. If he is, then I appreciate his efforts. But they have failed. (You should try to be more right next time) but it's ok. Because I have tunnelled on the SLIGHTEST scumtells I have found. And it didn't work for me.

Vote: Deadline extension

I also trust in Baseline, Uberninja, and House Lanister. (Lately because I really liked their vote)

I don't mean this alignment wise, just capability wise. I feel if I'm gone, they can direct the town into a great direction without me. (Although I'm not saying I was, I'm pretty bad at this game and trying to improve, but I try my best)

I have class soon, so more out of me later tonite.

Hope to see Yate's content. : D I really want Hiplop lynched toDay. If I have to, I'll vote for Dr. Doolittle as a compramise. But never Soda. Sorry. I'd gladly give up my life if I had to vote Soda. That's about it for now. Peace.
Ranmaru wrote:Also, Yates/GP should be looked into the future if possible. (Especially if GP flips scum)
Ranmaru wrote:And when I say tunnelled on the slightest scumtells found, I mean in past games where I REALLY thought that person was scum... for a little reason.
Acosmist wrote:
Acosmist
:

I find scenario 1 being plausible from their interaction. Because it would seem like some sort of gesture to direct Soda scum else where so that he doesn't ruin his buddie's cover. But I'm going to let this rest until later DAYS because I'm not fully suspecting them together as much anymore.

And OK, I noticed that was a mis-understanding. I concede my point of the illusion.

More content in a bit.

So you're mildly questioning Soda...
Ranmaru wrote:But never Soda. Sorry. I'd gladly give up my life if I had to vote Soda. That's about it for now. Peace.

And now totally backing off?
Ranmaru wrote:No. I find it is possible for them BOTH to be scum, but not for Soda to be individually scum. You understand? So if Baseline flipped scum, then it would be possible Soda would be scum. Just because we have their interaction, we can't accuse them as scum without as much info.

Same goes for the other pairings, even Hiplop + Dr. Doolittle. (Which is why I am simply going for Hiplop, who I believe has a better chance of flipping scum then Dr. Doo)

We have to go accuse people individually, not as pairs.
Hiplop wrote:@Ranmaru, I stated a read of untrustworthiness on you before you did to me, so care to explain how this could possibly be OMGUS?
Baseline wrote:Captain, I don't think Ranmaru's vote on Acosmist is as opportunistic as you make it out to be or believe.

I'll be gone for the next day or so roughly due to prior commitments, please don't actually lynch someone without me chiming in.
Acosmist wrote:
FuDuzn wrote:
UNVOTE:

It has been tough for me to get into this game lately tbh, and Soda and DrDoo were the only real good scum reads I had. There does seem to be some evidence for Ranmaru and with only a day left his reaction at L-1 could tell us(or at least me) something.

What is so difficult about getting into this game?

What is the evidence for Ran that YOU are specifically voting for?
Ranmaru wrote:Fuduzn, we still have time. With almost more than 2 replacements, I feel we might have to vote for a deadline.

Secondly, there is no case on me. I would like you to express what you agree with the case.

Keep in mind that most of my wagon has either no reason, or very little reason to vote me.
No reason:

Acosmist*, Dr. Doolittle

Weak reason:

Hiplop (saying i'm trying to avoid pressure), Fuduzn

Weak case:

Greypatch
*Aco voted me for a misunderstanding, but yet hasn't explained it since. So it seems he just left the vote there.

===============

In case I am lynched:

My latest scum reads would be [Hiplop, Dr. Doolittle]

Lynch Hiplop first. If he flips scum, lynch Dr. Doolittle asap. Dr. Doolittle seems to go along with Hiplop, and vice versa.

Uberninja, please try to vote Hiplop instead of Greypatch. If Hiplop doesn't flip scum, then feel free to push on GP.

Now GP. I hope he is town, and just trying to catch scum. If he is, then I appreciate his efforts. But they have failed. (You should try to be more right next time) but it's ok. Because I have tunnelled on the SLIGHTEST scumtells I have found. And it didn't work for me.

Vote: Deadline extension

I also trust in Baseline, Uberninja, and House Lanister. (Lately because I really liked their vote)

I don't mean this alignment wise, just capability wise. I feel if I'm gone, they can direct the town into a great direction without me. (Although I'm not saying I was, I'm pretty bad at this game and trying to improve, but I try my best)

I have class soon, so more out of me later tonite.

Hope to see Yate's content. : D I really want Hiplop lynched toDay. If I have to, I'll vote for Dr. Doolittle as a compramise. But never Soda. Sorry. I'd gladly give up my life if I had to vote Soda. That's about it for now. Peace.

I don't like being lied about. I have no reason? What misunderstanding?! You might not like my reason, but it exists.
Acosmist wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:No. I find it is possible for them BOTH to be scum, but not for Soda to be individually scum. You understand? So if Baseline flipped scum, then it would be possible Soda would be scum. Just because we have their interaction, we can't accuse them as scum without as much info.

Same goes for the other pairings, even Hiplop + Dr. Doolittle. (Which is why I am simply going for Hiplop, who I believe has a better chance of flipping scum then Dr. Doo)

We have to go accuse people individually, not as pairs.

This is totally illogical. If they are both scum, then Soda is still scum.

Assuming you are right that Soda can't be scum unless Baseline is also scum, Soda is still possibly scum until Baseline flips scum. It's not as if Soda can't possibly be scum until Baseline flips! Soda would not longer possibly be scum if Baseline flips town, according to the initial assumption. But it's not as if confirming information takes something from impossibility to possibility. That can never happen. If something wasn't possible in any world, getting more information that restricts the possible worlds further will never find a new world where what wasn't possible is possible.

anyway, what misunderstanding are you talking about?
Baseline wrote:F***, didn't realize the deadline looming.

Mod, I second the notion that we get a deadline extension.
wierdalexv wrote:
Looking for a replacement for SodaSpirit17. If he can post before I find a replacement, I'll gladly let him keep the slot.

The day will not end until 72 hours after I find a replacement.
Ranmaru wrote:You had no reason.
Acosmist wrote:
DrDolittle wrote:

--------------

About the interaction. We don't lynch people from seeming like buddies. That isn't an accurate path to go through with. It's better to look at people's OWN actions, not interactions with others. (With little or NO information)

Basically, I feel Soda is genuine, or rather has been the whole game. I never accused Soda of anything, the whole game. All I have said, that if Baseline flipped scum, that there MIGHT be a higher chance of Soda being scum, we just wouldn't know of any other actions that might reveal him as scum if he was. (Could be possible vice versa as well, if Soda flipped scum, Baseline would have a higher chance of flipping scum because of the interaction)
Acosmist wrote:
Acosmist wrote:Part of this spoke to me. I mean, FuDuzn, Baseline, and DrDolittle don't even seem to be on the same page. How about telling them "Hey, you misread the other guy" instead of opening a bag of popcorn and asking other players to comment on the ensuing chaos?

I know I've quoted this before, so, yeah, you're just lying about me. I don't like being lied about.
Ranmaru wrote:
Hiplop wrote:@Ranmaru, I stated a read of untrustworthiness on you before you did to me, so care to explain how this could possibly be OMGUS?

I think you might have stated a neutral opinion. Correct?

What made you think I was untrustworthy?

It would be omgus because you have never voted me before. Instead you only vote
after
I have voted you. For example, GP has been pushing on me from the very start, yet you never agreed to it or voted along with him... until after I voted you. Get me?
House Lannister wrote:Baseline before you go, are there any changes on your town reads?
Ranmaru wrote:
Acosmist wrote:
Acosmist wrote:Part of this spoke to me. I mean, FuDuzn, Baseline, and DrDolittle don't even seem to be on the same page. How about telling them "Hey, you misread the other guy" instead of opening a bag of popcorn and asking other players to comment on the ensuing chaos?

I know I've quoted this before, so, yeah, you're just lying about me. I don't like being lied about.

Yet I was never asking about them. So this wasn't a reason to keep your vote on me.

Ranmaru wrote:
[Link lost in crash.]

There is the link.
Acosmist wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:
Acosmist wrote:

Yet I was never asking about them. So this wasn't a reason to keep your vote on me.

So you acknowledge you lied - you just didn't like the reason, but there was a reason.

Yep, my vote is welded.

FURTHER, you're lying again. You were never asking about them?
Ranmaru wrote:

What do you think of this:
[Link lost in crash.]

Here you are asking me about a post. Which post?
Baseline wrote:

Unvote, Vote: FuDurz

Should have an entire list of my reads up tomorrow but I'm not liking the Acosmist wagon that has seemed to have formed.
The post where Baseline engages in his semantic argument with FuDuzn and DrDolittle based on a misunderstanding.

You were never asking about them? Completely false.
[Link lost in crash.]

There is the link.

How is that you not asking third parties about arguments instead of providing assistance to those engaged in a purely semantic, wasted exercise?
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 13]
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 14]
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 15]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 16]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 17]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 18]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 19]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 21]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 22]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 23]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Ranmaru wrote:

Why do you suspect july? If you could not get your choice today, would you vote to avoid no lynch?
Captain Greypatch wrote:

Because her comeback post was a scum claim, or she's replaced Soda, whichever you like. I would definitately lynch House Lannister at deadline. There's people I won't lynch at deadline but the end of the Day is a stupid time to give town reads unless you're trying to save someone, and multiple players need saving. If I gave my reads I would help the scum and not the town.
Captain Greypatch wrote:

I didn't realise Hiplop was at L-2, I thought everyone was voting everyone. My meta-detector says Hiplop is town and what he said about being a difficult lynch as scum is probably true because it was true in the games I played with him.

Hiplop, you should try not to get lynched as town too.
July wrote:
UberNinja wrote:

Oh also: Hey July, welcome to the game and thanks for replacing in.

Wanna quick tip? Vote for DrDolittle. Don't ask. Just follow the ninja.

It's much too early in my read for me to feel comfortable voting anyone. Anyways, what is the case, or specifically your case, on Dr.Dolittle? (if there is one already existing, you can just direct me to the post)
Captain Greypatch wrote:

The Captain's back, did you miss me? If you want my stance on lynches, I hate every lynch that isn't Ranmaru or July(sorry)
UberNinja wrote:

What do you think about my case on DrDolittle? I notice you posted without mentioning DrDolittle in the least. Very smooth. You just rocketed back up on the scum list.

Scum so far: DrDolittle, Captain Greypatch.
And for all intents and purposes, I only just started playing the game.
You will notice there are other players I didn't mention. I only mentioned the people I suspected in particular.
Saying that there are other players that you didn't mention doesn't answer the original question of that post, which is: What do you think of Uberninja's case on Dr.Dolittle? It looks like you saying that you only mention people you suspect was a nice way of acknowledging Uberninja's post while evading actually commentating on Uberninja's case.
Captain Greypatch wrote:

July, give me 3 reasons why I shouldn't lynch you now.
1) I'm town.

2) A quick ISO on you reveals you really didn't like Soda, but you gave limited reasons why; I saw a lot of arguing for a Soda/Ran scumteam and it seems the original reason for your vote was that Soda went MIA but I would like to see an actual case on you from me if you are really honestly considering my lynch.

3) It would be quite stupid to lynch me without hearing my catch-up first and seeing what my opinions are; whether you believe I'm scum or town, it's in your benefit to let me at least catch up, make connections, give my opinion, etc.

BONUS: Lynching someone who just replaced in (without even giving them a welcome!) is just plain rude, just...plain...rude.

Still reading, straddling between the old material and new so that I can get involved in the current conversation while catching up.
Ranmaru wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

I didn't realise Hiplop was at L-2, I thought everyone was voting everyone. My meta-detector says Hiplop is town and what he said about being a difficult lynch as scum is probably true because it was true in the games I played with him.

You have to try and be a bit more alert.

Anyways, I have never played with Hiplop before. So I don't KNOW that. I can't believe you just saying "It's meta". You have to convince me with his in game actions.
Captain Greypatch wrote:
July wrote:

Saying that there are other players that you didn't mention doesn't answer the original question of that post, which is: What do you think of Uberninja's case on Dr.Dolittle? It looks like you saying that you only mention people you suspect was a nice way of acknowledging Uberninja's post while evading actually commentating on Uberninja's case.

1) I'm town.

2) A quick ISO on you reveals you really didn't like Soda, but you gave limited reasons why; I saw a lot of arguing for a Soda/Ran scumteam and it seems the original reason for your vote was that Soda went MIA but I would like to see an actual case on you from me if you are really honestly considering my lynch.

3) It would be quite stupid to lynch me without hearing my catch-up first and seeing what my opinions are; whether you believe I'm scum or town, it's in your benefit to let me at least catch up, make connections, give my opinion, etc.

BONUS: Lynching someone who just replaced in (without even giving them a welcome!) is just plain rude, just...plain...rude.
All right, I will answer it tommorow. Uber says he has only just started playing but I'm not sure I can take him seriously :?

1. If you answered differently you would be enemy number 1.

2. It was because he was active lurking, which is scummy(more so than lurking) but it was really a pressure vote as I prefered Ranmaru but I didn't want to tell Soda that. I found him more scummy later because of he's vote on Acosmist. He's hardly posted and was never my first choice(well he was BRIEFLY) so I was never going to make a case on him.

3. Why isn't this number 2?

Yates wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:
July wrote:

3. Why isn't this number 2?
I was thinking the same thing myself. #3 is your best argument.
wierdalexv wrote:

Votecount 1.12

[4] Ranmaru ~ DrDolittle, Captain Greypatch [L-2]

[4] hiplop ~ Ranmaru, House Lannister, Yates [L-2]

[2] DrDolittle ~ FuDuzn, Acosmist [L-4]

[1] July ~ Baseline [L-5]

[1] Acosmist ~ July [L-5]

[0] FuDuzn ~ Uberninja, hiplop [L-6]

[0] Yates [L-6]

[0] Uberninja [L-6]

[0] Baseline [L-6]

[0] Not Voting

Deadline is in [1 day, 22 hours, 58 minutes]
Ranmaru wrote:

Mod: Replace Soda with July. :P

:roll:
~Wierdalexv
July wrote:

@Captain Greypatch, Yates: Haven't you guys heard? you always save your best argument for last :wink:
Ranmaru wrote:

Basically saying it's ok to skim your cases, eh? (Just skip beginning and go to last section lol)
House Lannister wrote:

@July: welcome and thank you for replacing.

@Ranmaru: you said you wanted everyone to say who were their top 3, you know where our vote stands, but we would like to wait for July to catch up and give her impressions.

~Sophie
July wrote:

@Ran:

Image lost in crash

The tendency to put my best argument last is just the result of Political Science beating such things into my brain lol.
Ranmaru wrote:
House Lannister wrote:

@July: welcome and thank you for replacing.

@Ranmaru: you said you wanted everyone to say who were their top 3, you know where our vote stands, but we would like to wait for July to catch up and give her impressions.

~Sophie

That is fine, thank you.
UberNinja wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

Uberninja's opinion that he could be a serial killer is ridiculous, unless he could be a serial killer that isn't compulsary. I hope not though, partly because a serial killer that doesn't kill would be lame. I still think he could be a lyncher, he seems like he keeps waiting for an excuse to jump on me. Plus 7-2-2 is more balanced than 8-1-2 and I bet there are a lot of PRs, so 8-1-2 will probably be townsided.
1. You don't bother to explain WHY the serial killer suspicion is ridiculous, other than that "it'd be lame" if he was a non-compulsory serial killer.

2. You seem pretty convinced that there are only 2 scum in the scum team, as you don't even consider it could be 8-1-3. Is that because you have inside info as to the size of YOUR OWN scum team?

3. Why are you so insistent that there's a lyncher in the game? You seem to have inside knowledge of this as well. I notice you're pretty insistent about lynching the same two people as well, and also you seem completely unaware that I have been willing to lynch at least five people today, and that I'm currently pushing a lynch that's NOT you.

@ everyone else:

- If there is a lyncher in the game, it's Captain Greypatch for sure.

- Cap'n G doesn't consider a scum team size of 3. In an 11p game, that's scummy.
UberNinja wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

Because her comeback post was a scum claim, or she's replaced Soda, whichever you like. I would definitately lynch House Lannister at deadline. There's people I won't lynch at deadline but the end of the Day is a stupid time to give town reads unless you're trying to save someone, and multiple players need saving. If I gave my reads I would help the scum and not the town.
Same thing Yates said earlier, which I thoroughly disproved.
UberNinja wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

Thanks, Captain Obvious.
UberNinja wrote:
July wrote:

It's much too early in my read for me to feel comfortable voting anyone. Anyways, what is the case, or specifically your case, on Dr.Dolittle? (if there is one already existing, you can just direct me to the post)
Just ISO me, beginning after my fake post restriction.
July wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

The Captain's back, did you miss me? If you want my stance on lynches, I hate every lynch that isn't Ranmaru or July(sorry)
UberNinja wrote:

What do you think about my case on DrDolittle? I notice you posted without mentioning DrDolittle in the least. Very smooth. You just rocketed back up on the scum list.

You will notice there are other players I didn't mention. I only mentioned the people I suspected in particular.
Love this post to shreds, because it calls Greypatch out on exactly the kind of scumminess I've been saying he's been displaying all game.
UberNinja wrote:

That vote count is all kinds of screwed up (as were the one or two before it, I just noticed).

I fixed it, I think.

Fixed Votecount

[3] DrDolittle ~ Uberninja, FuDuzn, Acosmist [L-3]

[3] hiplop ~ Ranmaru, House Lannister, Yates [L-3]

[2] Ranmaru ~ DrDolittle, Captain Greypatch [L-4]

[1] FuDuzn ~ hiplop [L-5]

[0] Yates [L-6]

[0] Uberninja [L-6]

[0] Baseline [L-6]

[0] Not Voting

As you can all see, DrDolittle is the leading wagon.

As you can also see: July, hiplop, and Baseline are all voting by themselves for people who are obviously not going to be lynched today (though July's is just an extension of SodaSpirit's vote, if I understand correctly).

To those three: Make your votes worth something and vote
DrDolittle
Acosmist wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

UberNinja wrote:

Acosmist wrote:

I don't like Baseline's admission that he's just going to help town if it's more likely we lynch scum than get ourselves killed by scum. If we mislynch, just once, there's a real threat we will be down that townie and drive the survivor to the other side.

And that, for the record, is the best case scenario; i.e., that he's actually a survivor. He could just be scum.
Baseline is probably expecting a townie to be lynched Today because that's what usually happens Day 1. Drive him to the other side? I'm more worried about the scum. Can you explain this please.

Baseline's posts gave me a strange non scum vibe so I believe the claim.

Uberninja's opinion that he could be a serial killer is ridiculous, unless he could be a serial killer that isn't compulsary. I hope not though, partly because a serial killer that doesn't kill would be lame. I still think he could be a lyncher, he seems like he keeps waiting for an excuse to jump on me. Plus 7-2-2 is more balanced than 8-1-2 and I bet there are a lot of PRs, so 8-1-2 will probably be townsided.

July, give me 3 reasons why I shouldn't lynch you now.

Preview edit: I'm still here. Where's your post Town-Hero?
Baseline said he will work with us since we have a better chance of winning. It's natural to assume he will stop if and when we don't.

There is a lot of baseless setup speculation crammed into that post.
Acosmist wrote:

DrDolittle 2 days 19 hours

Baseline 1 day 15 hours

Terrible time not to post, since we finally got a replacement (and concomitant deadline).
UberNinja wrote:

Concomitant.

*giggle*
UberNinja wrote:

^ I don't believe I've ever encountered that word before. Awesome.

That said: DrDolittle lurking this hard is definitely telling. Let's put him out of his misery.
Captain Greypatch wrote:
UberNinja wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

1. You don't bother to explain WHY the serial killer suspicion is ridiculous, other than that "it'd be lame" if he was a non-compulsory serial killer.

2. You seem pretty convinced that there are only 2 scum in the scum team, as you don't even consider it could be 8-1-3. Is that because you have inside info as to the size of YOUR OWN scum team?

3. Why are you so insistent that there's a lyncher in the game? You seem to have inside knowledge of this as well. I notice you're pretty insistent about lynching the same two people as well, and also you seem completely unaware that I have been willing to lynch at least five people today, and that I'm currently pushing a lynch that's NOT you.

@ everyone else:

- If there is a lyncher in the game, it's Captain Greypatch for sure.

- Cap'n G doesn't consider a scum team size of 3. In an 11p game, that's scummy.
1. Because he will be suspected of being a serial killer if there's an extra night kill. Surely non-compulsive serial killers aren't common?

2. Unless every other town player is a mason I doubt there are 3 scumbags in a 11 player game, the normal games don't have such a high scum to town ratio and they are a bit scum sided. This is why I don't care what you have to say.

3. I knew I couldn't fool you, yes I'm a Mafia Lyncher with 2 targets I must kill, 1 of which is my scumbuddy. You were so damn sure he was scum(but only voted me), are you a daycop with a guilty on Soda who only tried to lynch his scumbuddy? You only pushed for my lynch till recently and that's a lot of wifom, it's like someone saying they're not scum because they voted a flipped scumbag. I don't care if you've corrected your play it means nothing.
UberNinja wrote:
July wrote:
Captain Greypatch wrote:

UberNinja wrote:

Love this post to shreds, because it calls Greypatch out on exactly the kind of scumminess I've been saying he's been displaying all game.

Or you showed token suspcion with votes then voted me for being Soda's scumbuddy(despite never wanting to lynch him) and asking you a benign question.
UberNinja wrote:

That vote count is all kinds of screwed up (as were the one or two before it, I just noticed).

I fixed it, I think.

Fixed Votecount

[3] DrDolittle ~ Uberninja, FuDuzn, Acosmist [L-3]

[3] hiplop ~ Ranmaru, House Lannister, Yates [L-3]

[2] Ranmaru ~ DrDolittle, Captain Greypatch [L-4]

[1] FuDuzn ~ hiplop [L-5]

[0] Yates [L-6]

[0] Uberninja [L-6]

[0] Baseline [L-6]

[0] Not Voting

As you can all see, DrDolittle is the leading wagon.

As you can also see: July, hiplop, and Baseline are all voting by themselves for people who are obviously not going to be lynched today (though July's is just an extension of SodaSpirit's vote, if I understand correctly).

To those three: Make your votes worth something and vote
DrDolittle
I'm annoyed, I'm not making a case for Hiplop living now. DrDoolittle is a crap lynch too. If you want me to comment on your case give me some links because you've raped the thread.
House Lannister wrote:

Based on the proximity of the deadline, we’re posting our tiers:

Tier 1 (preferable lynches): hiplop, Fuduzn

Tier 2 (people we would compromise on): DrDolittle, SodaSpirit17/July, Captain Greypatch

Tier 3 (would rather not kill today): Baseline, UberNinja, Yates, Ranmaru, Acosmist

The names are in no particular order, and frankly, Soda’s position could change after July catches up and posts, since, as everybody knows, there isn't much information on him.

~Sophie
Last edited by wierdalexv on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 25]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 26]

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Post by wierdalexv »

[Reserved for Page 27]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”