Mini 1320--Redwall Mafia: Spirit Lore (The Sun Has Set)

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Mini 1320--Redwall Mafia: Spirit Lore (The Sun Has Set)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Redwall Mafia: Spirit Lore

Moderator: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator: Magua
Setup Reviewer: AGar

From the Chronicles of Br. DarthYoshi, Scribe of Redwall Abbey

It is a season of discontent and upheaval. From the far reaches of the sea, the rat hordes have arrived. Though their main army remains deep in Mossflower itself, some distance from us, we now know that some of their leaders have successfully breached our walls and are currently at large within the abbey limits. What was once a peaceful woodland sanctuary has become a beacon of distress for all the creatures over whom our venerable order stands guard. Until we can find and battle the enemies now within, what hope do we stand of successfully fighting the foes still far outside our gates?

As the Joseph bell tolls out yet another warning signal, it is my fervent hope and prayer that we here in the Abbey will summon the strength, will, and military might to eliminate these vile infiltrators and beat back the hordes they represent.

In the hopes of tapping into the depth of history and wisdom that surrounds our home, several of Redwall's most stalwart defenders have begun their own spiritual journeys, in search of the spirits of their ancestors who once defended this sacred land. If those spirits are found, then undoubtedly our hand will be strengthened against the invaders who would dare to become our conquerors...

Playerlist

pappums rat**
riceballtail
Ghostlin*
quadz08
HellloooNewman*
iStark
Junpei**
vijay2vasandani*

PeregrineV**
Zdenek

bv310**
Korlash
hiplop***

Bolded text indicates this player has posted their four-digit confirmation code
An asterisk denotes a prod

Alive in the Abbey

riceballtail

Assassinated or Killed in the Field of Battle

vijay2vasandani, SUNFLASH THE MACE, REDWALL-ALIGNED CREATURE, murdered on Night One
Korlash, RIPFANG THE SEA RAT, RAT HORDE-ALIGNED SPIRIT AND MODIFIED GODFATHER, lynched on Day Two
quadz08, MARTIN THE WARRIOR, REDWALL-ALIGNED SPIRIT AND ONE-SHOT ROLECOP, murdered on Night Two
PeregrineV, CONSTANCE THE BADGER, REDWALL-ALIGNED CREATURE, murdered on Night Two
iStark, ABBOT MORTIMER, REDWALL-ALIGNED CREATURE, lynched on Day Three
Junpei, BOAR THE FIGHTER, REDWALL-ALIGNED SPIRIT AND ONE-SHOT VIGILANTE, murdered on Night three
hiplop, MATTHIAS, REDWALL-ALIGNED CREATURE, went splat on Day Four
pappums rat, BELLA OF BROCKHALL, REDWALL-ALIGNED SPIRIT AND ONE-SHOT DOCTOR, endgamed on Day Four
Zdenek, OLD LORD BROCKTREE, REDWALL-ALIGNED SPIRIT AND ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF TOWNIE, endgamed on Day Four

Fed to Asmodeus, Never to be Heard From Again (aka modkilled)

Nobody, and let's keep it that way.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 28 times in total.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Rules

General (aka the “Do Not’s”):

1. BLUE is the Moderator’s color. Do not try to impersonate me, you will regret it.
2. Do not discuss or refer to this game outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to.
3. Do not discuss any details of another ongoing game, or link to an ongoing game, in this thread.
4. Do not directly quote (or pretend to quote) from any PM between you and the moderator.
5. Do not cite cookies-based information such as timestamps or “Last Visited the Site.”
6. Do not claim to be scum with another player/players or otherwise stop playing to your wincon.
7. Do not edit or delete a post. Do not use invisible, encrypted, or purposely hard-to-read text.
8. Do not post in the game or its QTs (save for ONE “bah” post and the Dead QT) after you die.
9. A violation of any of rules 1-8 is punishable by immediate modkill.
10. Thy Mod is thy God, blah blah blah…actually, the Moderator is human, and the Moderator may make mistakes (ITT, the Moderator also refers to himself in the third person...). Please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes that can be reversed will be. Mistakes that cannot be reversed will be commiserated over during postgame.

Voting and Lynching:

1. All votes MUST look like this:
Vote: DarthYoshi
OR
Unvote. Vote: DarthYoshi.

2. To retract your vote without re-voting, simply post:
Unvote.

3. Any and all votes will be counted, but voting tricks are not acceptable. I will ask you to explicitly confirm a vote if I deem it necessary before it is added to the official vote count.
4. You may
Vote: No Lynch
. A majority “No Lynch” vote will send the game to Night.
5. A lynch will occur once a majority is reached amongst the living players. For an odd number of living players, a majority is 50% rounded up. For an even number of living players, a majority is 50% + 1 to lynch and 50% to no lynch. Once a majority is reached, the lynching is final and no amount of voting or unvoting will change it. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur, and the game shall go to Night.
6. Once a majority has been reached, the game enters twilight until I lock the thread and post the death scene. All players, including the player being lynched, may post content during twilight. Roles with night talk may not communicate, and roles with nighttime actions may not act, until the death scene has been posted.

Activity:

1. Players who do not confirm within 48 hours of Role PM allocation risk being force-replaced.
2. I expect you to post at least once every 48 hours. If you don't, you will get prodded. Prods will be announced in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, either in thread or via PM, I will replace you (unless you respond before a replacement is found).
3. Similarly, if you get prodded three times over the course of the game, and require a fourth, I won't bother with the fourth prod, and instead simply replace you.
4. To declare V/LA, simply say so in bold text in the thread. I don’t read the V/LA thread, so please always post your V/LA’s here as well. At the moderator’s discretion, you may be involuntarily replaced if an excessively long V/LA or excessively frequent V/LA’s are declared.

Mechanics:

1. Please confirm Role PM receipt in thread. Once 8 players confirm, the game will begin.
2. Day One has a 14-day deadline. All subsequent Day phases have 10-day deadlines.
3. Night phases have 48-hour deadlines. During Night, this thread will be locked.
4. Any deadlines may be modified solely at my discretion.
5. When applicable, night actions will be resolved via Natural Action Resolution. If a conflict arises that NAR cannot resolve, I will use random.org to determine the outcome.
6. To communicate with the Moderator, PM me or use bold text in the thread so that I’ll see it.
7. My rule is final. I also reserve the right to add, change or remove rules at my discretion. I will, of course, let you know if/when I do.
8. Violating any of the above rules may subject you to sanctions, up to and including involuntary replacement or being modkilled. Being modkilled means that you die, and your win condition is retroactively changed to 3rd Party Survivor, so you automatically lose. A town modkill ends the current Day and sends the game to Night. A non-town modkill does not end the current Day.
9. The complete setup and a full record of night actions will be released at the game’s conclusion. Feedback is both welcome and encouraged at that time.
10. Finally, and most importantly, THIS IS A GAME. I will NOT tolerate personal insults, slurs, and attacks. First time gets you a warning. Second time (or first, depending on the severity) gets you involuntarily replaced or modkilled, so if in doubt, just hit ctrl+a and delete and save everyone from being offended by you. Bottom line: play nice, play to win, and have fun.

Once the Wisdom of the Crowds phase is complete, this game will have a day start. Day One will begin when 8 of 10 players have confirmed their participation in thread.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

For the next 24 hours--from now until 11:30 pm Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Monday, March 19--this game will be in its Wisdom of the Crowds phase.

During this phase, you may (but are not required to) PM me the name of ONE player who you do not wish to have in this game. If I receive three or more PMs to that effect regarding a particular player, that player will be involuntarily replaced at the start of the Confirmation stage.

Roles will be distributed, and Role PMs will be released, at the conclusion of the Wisdom of the Crowds phase.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:02 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Wisdom of the Crowds phase has concluded, with no players requiring replacement!

Roles have been distributed, and Role PMs are being released now, in the order of the roster as it appears in the OP. Once all Role PMs are released, this thread will be unlocked.

Pasted below is a sample Role PM. It was not sent to anyone in this game. However, the win condition it contains is the win condition sent to all town-aligned players.

“Welcome, Player X!

You are DARTHYOSHI, idiot moderator and inhabitant of Redwall Abbey.

You are a MODERATOR and have the following abilities (in addition to your vote and your voice):

-Lightsaber Legerdemain: Once in the game at night, you may elect to use your amazing lightsaber skillz to completely dazzle every player in the game, and they will immediately bow down in awe of your awesomeness.

-Exploding Egg Embarrassment: Once in the game at night, you may elect to throw an exploding egg at a player who annoys you. That player will have pastel-colored egg on their face and subsequently be embarrassed and ashamed of their existence for the remainder of the game.

You may not perform multiple actions in one night.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to Redwall Abbey are eliminated and at least one Redwall-aligned player remains alive, even if you yourself are dead.

Please confirm your participation by posting in-thread the following four-digit code: ####”
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:31 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

All Role PMs have been released.

The following is the game's special mechanic, as advertised in the Upcoming Games thread pre-crash:

Characters will be evenly divided into “creatures” and “spirits,” with each creature player assigned to seek a specific spirit player at night by successfully neighborizing with them. Successful connection between these players is how the town can unlock additional power roles. The specific assignments will not be disclosed in Role PMs so as to prevent the game from being broken via massclaim.

This is a closed setup based on characters in the Redwall series of fantasy novels by Brian Jacques. The setup can be considered slightly bastard in that deaths may or may not fully reveal role and/or abilities (though alignment will always be fully and truthfully revealed). With that caveat, I will otherwise never lie to you. You also have my guarantee of the following:
-No mechanics that alter win conditions. Your starting win con is your ending win con.
-No jesters, lynchers, or survivors.
-Both major and minor characters are present.

It is now the Confirmation stage. Day One will begin when at least 8 of 10 players have confirmed by posting their codes.

pappum's rat is on V/LA through Thursday.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:05 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Confirmation Code: 2927
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:16 am

Post by bv310 »

/my con is firm and ready to go
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In
Columbus Cat sailed the ocean blue.

confirm
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

Irritating Jerry since 1991
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 am

Post by bv310 »

Oh right, the numbers thing: 7234
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 am

Post by Junpei »

Also would like to say how pointless these numbers are, but this isn't MD.

Simply a mechanism to make sure Role PMs are read. Am happy to discuss it in MD if you want. ~DY
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Zdenek »

I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by hiplop »

third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by hiplop »

0590 sorry
third best scummer of all time
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

With 8 confirmed, Day One has now begun!

pappum's rat is V/LA through Thursday.

vijay2vasandani still has roughly 40 hours to confirm in.

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch, and the deadline is now set for 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Tuesday, April 3.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

VOTE:Zdenek

Don't trust the fox.

HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Vote Ghostlin

He's always scum.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Vote Ghostlin

I think we should mass-claim to see if we can break tha game even though it's been discouraged . . . actually, exactly because it's been discouraged.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by bv310 »

vote: Zdenek
Even though you're probably kidding, that's still a scummy statement to make.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Junpei »

Well... I suppose with just 10 people, there is almost assuredly 8 town due to the partner mechanic.

I actually didn't have any openers prepared for this game like I normally do when I /in for a game, so lets improvise...

What's the most important trait to have in a mafia game?

Also I don't random vote; I'm not going to pretend to be suspicious like bv310.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

@junpei: The ability to use your role to its fullest potential.

vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

Confirm 4750.

VOTE: bv310

Stop pretending to be suspicious.
coming back after a 3 year break.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:39 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

The most important trait to have is the ability to "stick to it". These games take a long damn time, so you need to be prepared for the long haul.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Junpei

Scummy confirmation number.

And to answer your question, know when to follow your nose and when to use your brain. Playing wholly by gut or wholly by logic doesn't seem to work.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”