Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Mini 1336 - Revolution Mafia Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

Rules of the Game

With credit to Nacho, Vi, Neruz, and more (yep, I’m a shameless thief)

Administrative Rules

Spoiler:
0: I will moderate this game fairly, but I have final authority.

1:
You may not discuss the game outside the thread. Doing so will result in a mod kill or replacement of all involved and a very unhappy moderator. In the same vein you may not quote any private communication from me or other players including PMs and quicktopic. Finally, you may not post the links to the quicktopics while the game is ongoing.
2:
If you need my attention please PM me or post in bold in the thread. Please notify me of any errors you believe have taken place immediately. The faster I notice what I did wrong, the easier it is to correct.
3:
Modkills will result in the mod-killed player immediately losing the game. I will also then take whatever action is deemed most detrimental (that is, worst) for the faction involved in the modkill. Modkill will never have a positive outcome for your faction.
4:
In the event of Moderator error, the situation will be resolved as fairly as possible to all parties.

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded and at the start of the line in the form Vote: Player, or else the vote probably will not be counted.
Unvotes are not required to change your vote.
1a. Fake votes or hammers are not allowed. We're playing Mafia, not trying to see what the moderator might count as a vote. In the event that something appears to be a vote, it will probably be counted as a vote.
2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted.
3. Lynches require votes equal to the majority of the players (Number of living players/2, round up).
4. A lynch will occur 48 hours after the hammer vote. If any unvotes during that period bring the player below the number of votes required to lynch,
the lynch is aborted.

4. If there's no majority at deadline, the person with the highest number of votes is lynched. If there are no votes at deadline whatsoever random.org will select and kill a player
5. If you are dead, you may post a single “bah” post that contains any combination of the letters “F” and “U” as well as appropriate Llama pictures.
6. If a majority of living players post
Vote: Accelerate
then the lynch will be accelerated to completion early.

Prods and Replacements:

Spoiler:
Prods will be given if you do not post for 48 hours
If you are prodded, you have 48 hours to post in the thread before being replaced on the first prod, 24 on the second prod, and immediate upon the third.
2a.
If it is announced you are replaced, you may not post. To keep your spot PM me on the first or second prod and you will have it
if a replacement has not been found.

The second time you are prodded, you will be warned. The third time you are prodded, you will be replaced. The moderator may consider extenuating circumstances, at my SOLE discretion.
If you're V/LA, make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, you may find a temporary replacement. PM me to discuss this. V/LAs of a week or longer are strongly discouraged, and may be rejected at my sole discretion.
4a.
You will have 24 hours after return from V/LA to post before being prodded.
4b.
At my discretion, I may reject any V/LA requests from players I consider have utilized V/LA to the point where they are no longer active members of the game. You can generally determine if you fall into this category through common sense.
The moderator will attempt to perform activity checks at each vote count. If you note that I have missed a player, you may request a prod.
6. Night phase will be extended for replacements. Day phase may be extended for replacements, at the sole discretion of the moderator.

General Rules

Spoiler:
Gold
is a mod color. You get all the other ones, be happy. I will simply warn gently for the use of Gold and edit the offending post, UNLESS it appears you have deliberately attempted to post in such a way that it appears to be from the moderator. That would make me unhappy.
If you have access, do not edit or delete your posts. Doing so will result in modkill, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Don't quote or 'closely paraphrase' any moderator communication
Do not use invisible text, small text, spoiler text, or any other method of disguising communication. Spoiler boxes are explicitly allowed for the purposes of increased readability,
but votes in them will not be counted.

I am human, I make mistakes. Show me them where you see them.
A basic level of civility is required. This is mafia, emotions run high, but ongoing harassment, insulting, and other issues that threaten the game will not be tolerated.

Game Mechanics

Missions

Each day the revolutionaries make a bold strike against their oppressors! They decide in a fair and democratic member who the most trusted members of their team are, and then together they strike out against their oppressors. If they succeed, they receive benefits befitting their glorious success. But if they fail, their oppressors will be emboldened! Send only the best.

1. Missions are conducted by
players.
2. Each player will receive 3 trust tokens that they can distribute at any time.
2a. Players may give a trust token by posting
Trust: XXXXXXXX
at any time.
3. At end of day (48 hours after lynch is reached with no unvote, or deadline) the
players with the most trust tokens will be sent on the mission.
3a. Ties, when accepting all tied players would raise the mission size above the limit:
Spoiler:
Ties will be broken by totaling the number of trust tokens received by the players who
gave the trust tokens
to the tied player. So if Jim and Chris both receive 2 trust tokens, if the players who gave Jim trust tokens themselves received a total of 7 trust tokens, and the players who gave Chris trust tokens received a total of 5 trust tokens, Jim will be sent. If these numbers too are tied, the result will be decided by random.org (interests of moderator sanity).

4. Any infiltrators on the mission may choose to sabotage the mission. The town will be told the total number of acts of sabotage that occurred (but not who committed them). Town cannot sabotage missions
5. If the mission occurs with no acts of sabotage, the mission is successful!

Other actions

1: Day actions
1a - Action Processing: The moderator will try his best to process actions twice a day (roughly morning/early afternoon and evening, EST). If the moderator misses an update, all actions will be rolled into the next update.
1b - Action Presubmittal: Actions may be submitted for future days. Example:
Spoiler:
It is currently May 18th. Jim submits: "Take action X May 22nd, in the morning." The action will be processed on May 22nd, in the morning.

1c - Changing actions: Actions may be changed any time before they are processed.

2: Night actions
2a: Night actions may be presubmitted, same as day actions. Night actions may be changed any time before the night action deadline. Night actions may not be changed after the night action deadline, even if the thread is locked.

Golden Rule

Questions > Modkills. If you're about to do something that you're unsure about, then ask me about it.
Last edited by GreyICE on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:24 am, edited 16 times in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 10:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

Player List

Living:

Llamarble
Haschel Cedricson, Cogito Ergo Sum
, Concision (
a hydra of CES and Regfan
)
kanyeknowsbest
vijay2vansandani
BBmolla
kuribo
Darox
MattP

Dead:
Spoiler:
Elmo TeH AzN, Revolutionary
Lynched Day 1

The Mini-Librarian
Voided Mafia, Revolutionary
Lynched day 2

Fate, Revolutionary
Lynched day 3

SpyreX, Revolutionary
Lynched day 4

Implosion, Revolutionary
has been lynched Day 5

Modkilled:
Spoiler:
Zoraster, interfering busybody
brought into the game and then modkilled for whining I hadn't updated my dead list in Mafia Discussion TWELVE HOURS after lynch occurred.

Replacements:

Katsuki

Sample Role PMs

You know that at least one copy of each role PM below is in the game.

Hello,
XXXXX, Revolutionary
and welcome. Welcome to our Glorious Revolution!

For too long, we have labored under the tyranny and oppression of our self-styled leaders. Forced into a society that does not value individual thought or personal freedom, we have chaffed under the yoke of tyrants and oppressors. The minds around us have grown fat and flabby even as the bodies are transformed into tanned and muscled clones in a relentless pursuit of a single ideal of beauty. Conformity is valued, individuality suppressed.

Today, my children, know that their time is limited! Today, you know that the tyrant's yoke is ending. Today, you know that you will rise up and be free!

Some blood may fall, but that blood is not on our hands. There is no other choice. By taking away our choices, they have left us no choices, no choices but the the choice on whether to be human. By forcing us to make that choice, the blood is on the hands of those who oppress us! Those who made this revolution necessary! And those that went along with them, silently! The blood is on their hands, my children. And together we shall pay them back for every drop of that blood!

History will remember us, either as the liberators of a nation, or the brave few that tried and failed. And together, how can we fail? Together, how can we do anything but succeed?

Actions:

Vote:
Each day you may vote to expel someone from the gathering.

Missions:
You may do your part to help missions succeed. Each day you may, if selected, take part in a mission. You will contribute towards the success.

Trust Tokens:
Each day you may hand out up a trust token to up to three {3} different players. At the end of the day, the players with the most trust tokens will take part in the mission.

Use Device:
You may use any devices that are liberated from the oppressors.

Win Condition:
You win when all the infiltrators have been expelled from your group, and you are free to conduct missions against your oppressors.

Note: If at any point missions cannot be conducted without infiltrators taking part, your cell will be considered irreversibly compromised, and eliminated

Hello,
XXXXX, Infiltrator
and welcome. Thank you for performing this service for us.

It has come to our attention that small bands of radicals have been gathering, using a subversive 'darknet' and anonymous 'darknet handles' to organize violent resistance to our government.

Espousing ideals of 'freedom,' and 'liberty,' these radicals seek to undermine the fabric of our society, disrupt our way of life, and destroy key points of infrastructure. They have no regard for the value of human life, viewing civilians as 'ignorant sheep' who are slaughtered by 'unfortunate necessity.' They even view the death of their fellow revolutionaries as 'glorious sacrifice' - even when they themselves caused these deaths. Needless to say, for your own safety it is of the utmost importance that you do not get captured by these monsters.

You have been assigned a darknet handle humanely extracted from captured revolutionaries. With this, infiltrate their gathering. Win their trust. Join their missions. And sabotage them. Destroy their credibility. Destroy their effectiveness. Destroy their lives. We will make them pay for what they have done.

Actions:

Vote:
As the possessor of a 'trusted' handle, each day you may vote to expel someone from the gathering.

Missions:
You may do your part to help missions succeed or fail. Each day you may, if selected, take part in a mission. You may choose to contribute towards the success or failure of this mission. If you choose to contribute to the failure, the town will know that an infiltrator was present on the mission!

Trust Tokens:
As the possessor of a 'trusted' handle, each day you may hand out up a trust token to up to three {3} different players. At the end of the day, the players with the most trust tokens will take part in the mission.

Use Device:
You may use any devices your superiors manage to funnel to you.

Inside Knowledge:
You know that
[REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED]
and may carry on the mission if you are compromised and eliminated.

Win Condition:
You win when the town can no longer conduct missions without an infiltrator present.
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting: BBmolla, Darox, Elmo TeH AzN, Fate, Haschel Cedricson, implosion, kanyeknowsbest, kuribo, Llamarble, MattP, SpyreX, The Mini-Librarian, vijay2vasandani

Trust Tokens

BBmolla {3}-

Darox {3} -

Elmo TeH AzN {3} -

Fate {3} -

Haschel Cedricson {3} -

implosion {3} -

kanyeknowsbest {3} -

kuribo {3} -

Llamarble {3} -

MattP {3} -

SpyreX {3} -

The Mini-Librarian {3} -

vijay2vasandani {3} -

Mission size is 6 Players.

Deadline in:
(expired on 2012-06-05 00:00:00)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Darox »

Darox is in this game
Llamarble is in this game
Darox is town
∴ Llamarble is scum

Vote: Llamarble

Also,
Trust: Kuribo
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by implosion »

Hi. I'm town and all of you should trust me!
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

vote elmo

3rd game in a row. 3rd game in a row. third game in a row.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by implosion »

Also, this is a social experiment to see if people think the above statement is a towntell or a scumtell.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by implosion »

I know everyone here but TML, haschel and darox. That's fun.

VOTE: BBmolla
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

im headed out for the rest of the day but im gonna call dibs right now on the speed lynch hammer okay.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I asked if tokens are redistributable but no answer. :P

Darox used a logical proof. It can't be denied.

LOGIC FOR THE LOGIC GOD

Unvote, Vote: LLmarbles
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

VOTE: Implosion
Why you always scum bro?
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 9, SpyreX wrote:I asked if tokens are redistributable but no answer. :P

Edit: Changed my mind, considering that SnowBunny abomination. Trust tokens may be redistributed, to prevent decision paralysis.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by Darox »

Good to know.

Trust: Spyrex
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by Darox »

Why you gotta ruin my fun with your edits GreyIce.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I take it before it said NO?

Trust: Darox

Too lazy to ask, must see firsthand

Trust: SpyreX
Show

Proud member of BaM
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by implosion »

SpyreX wrote:
Too lazy to ask, must see firsthand

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by implosion »

Hey spyrex, is there any particular reason that you unvoted in your first post?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In the way before time there was a mod that I dont even remember that was all YOU HAVE TO UNVOTE GODDD.

So, I tend to do it every time as habit. Sometimes in a hurry I forget, but normally you'll see my votes either at the beginning or ends of posts and with an unvote.

FIGHT THE ANALS
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 7, implosion wrote:I know everyone here but TML, haschel and darox. That's fun.

VOTE: BBmolla

I too know over half the players and the mod, which means this game sets a new personal record for familiarity.

In fact, since that's the case, the prudent thing to do is to
Vote: Elmo
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Darox and I were both town in Nomination Mafia.
VOTE: Darox
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by Darox »

Nomination Mafia?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Breaking News: Independent Auditor Clears Omni Group of any Wrongdoing

The Financial Review Board, an independent fiscal authority, has cleared the Omni Group of the charges of government collusion yesterday. "This is a relief," stated Markus Wallace, Chairman of the Omni Group. "We have been living under the shadow of these charges for too long."

First brought by the now-discredited journalist, Abraham Strong, the charges stated that in return for exclusive control over regulatory bodies, the government had charged Omni Group with using its $1.1 trillion annual revenue to gain control of people's lives. Strong created a detailed map of connections, based on anonymous "insider testimony."

After the first of the witnesses came forward, testifying it was all part of an elaborate hoax, Strong's journalistic credentials were immediately tarnished, but it was not until the Financial Review Board completed its independent audit that the charges were considered completely baseless. "A hoax of this magnitude is astonishing," said Sally Wallace, of the Financial Review Board, "but time and again we found no basis for the charges laid out by Strong. This truly was months in the planning."

The testimony of the three witnesses has provided a fascinating insight into just how far people will go in search of fame. "It was all an elaborate game," said Steve Arars, former Omni Group Vice President. "Just something we had come up with over beers at a bar. What if we made the greatest hoax ever, bigger than the Loch Ness monster, Crop Circles, and the death of Steve Jobs combined?"

"Regretably," Arars continued, visibly distraught, "Josh and... Jane... they couldn't take the loss of status and position. We just never..." at this point, Arars broke down, visibly devastated by the suicide pact that had claimed both of his friend's lives only weeks before. Uploaded to YouWatch in realtime, the video of the two leaping from the top floor of the Omni Group Tower went viral, with over 15 million views before it was taken down.

It is sad to reflect on the tragedy these young people brought on themselves and an up and coming young journalist with their cruel prank. A memorial service will be held for Abraham Strong this Sunday at 3 P.M. Guests should RSVP with at least one form of ID and submit a retinal scan to the link below.

===========================================================

Vote Count 1.1

Llamarble:
Darox, SpyreX
Elmo TeH AzN:
kanyeknowsbest, Implosion
BBMolla:
implosion
Implosion:
Elmo TeH AzN
Darox:
Llamarble

Not Voting: BBmolla, Darox, Elmo TeH AzN, Fate, Haschel Cedricson, implosion, kanyeknowsbest, kuribo, Llamarble, MattP, SpyreX, The Mini-Librarian, vijay2vasandani

Trust Tokens

BBmolla {3}-

Darox {1} -
SpyreX, Implosion
Elmo TeH AzN {3} -

Fate {3} -

Haschel Cedricson {3} -

implosion {2} -

kanyeknowsbest {3} -

kuribo {3} -
Darox,
Llamarble {3} -