Spoiler: Living
Those with life, the priviledge to influence their fates:

Spoiler: Unresting Dead
Those depending on the living to honour their sacrifice:

Spoiler: The Victors
Those who have succeeded in their goals:
CryMeARiver
VisMaior
absta101, John (aka. Jigsaw), Serial Killer, Serial Killer, was lynched on Day 2.

Spoiler: The Defeated
Please try again:
Ser Arthur Dayne, Mark, Lieutenant/Godfather, Mafia, met an unfortunate end and lost on Night 2.
Empking
Magua
2birds1stone
Robbnva, Michael, Informant, Town, was found dead after Night 1.
ThAdmiral, Art, Lawyer, Town, was found dead after Night 1.
ConfidAnon, Amanda, Goon, Mafia, was lynched on Day 3.
MagnaofIllusion, Xavier, Drug Dealer, Town, was found dead after Night 3.
nopointinactingup, Steven, Detective, Town, was lynched on Day 4.
Thor665, David, Detective, Town, was found dead after Night 4.

Spoiler: In the Void
Those removed from existence (The Modkilled and Replaced):
scooby disappeared without a trace on Day 1.
OldPro disappeared without a trace on Day 1.
Wray left us on Day 2.
Checkmate disappeared without a trace on Day 3.
Psyche left us on Night 3.
Pine disappeared without a trace on Day 4.
iDanyBoy disappeared without a trace on Day 5.
Last edited by Herodotus on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:36 am, edited 24 times in total.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Herodotus »

The Basic Rules:

0. Mod
As the mod, I reserve the right to make arbitrary and unfair decisions, or change the rules.
As the mod, I accept the responsibility to be as nonarbitrary and fair as possible.
Please send me a PM if you notice I've made a mistake, or if it's a mistake in a votecount, please mention it in the game.

1. Follow all site rules.

2. Activity
As a guideline, please try to make a
minimum
of five relevant posts each week.
Players will be prodded if they go for 72 hours without posting. If I have to prod the same player several times, or if a player doesn't post in the thread within 24 hours after being prodded, I will look for a replacement for them.
If you will be unable to post for a while, tell me so in the thread or by PM, and depending on the duration of your V/LA, you will be excused from the activity requirement.

3. Voting
Votes must be bolded. For example:
vote: Herodotus

or
VOTE: Herodotus
Not:
vote
: Herodotus
I'd prefer they be on a a line with no other text, but this is not required.
I think Herodotus is scum.
vote: Herodotus
to be lynched!
That vote would count, but I could miss it, especially in a long or dense post.
Nicknames are fine as long as they are obvious and unambiguous. The colon is optional.
Unvotes are not required when changing votes.
"Trick voting" by intentionally mis-formatting your vote but making it look like you voted properly is against the spirit of the game. Don't do it. Penalties may apply.
If a votecount is wrong, please point it out in the thread as soon as you see it.

4. Lynching
It takes a majority of votes to lynch. If a deadline hits without anyone having hit a majority, there will be no lynch that day. You can also vote for a No Lynch.

5. Deadlines
There will be deadlines, ranging from 7 to 18 days per day phase. Deadlines will probably not be extended unless the site goes down or there is a replacement within 72 hours before a deadline.
Night will generally have a 48 to 72 hour deadline.

6. Twilight
You may continue to post during twilight, but I'll usually be quick about locking the thread if there has been a lynch.

7. Replacements and Modkills
If it becomes necessary, I might forcibly replace or modkill a player. Modkills on living townies will end the day.

8. Language and Abuse
Use common sense. Avoid personal insults. You can use mild profanity if you need to, but not in a way that is directed at another person. Abusive language will result in a warning/replacement. Potentially even a modkill, but it's hard to imagine a situation in which replacement wouldn't be sufficient.

9. Restrictions on Posting
Unless I say otherwise, you may not quote your role PM or any other PM you receive from me, pretend to quote a PM, state a timestamp on a PM from me, or similar. If you have any questions about what would be allowed, ask me by PM. And naturally, you can't quote my response to your question. Use your own words.
You may not communicate with anyone about this game outside of the game thread unless I've given you permission. You also may not discuss other ongoing games.
My color as the mod will be
Red
. Avoid posting in red.
If you die, stop posting. We will all assume you said "bah" with your dying breath, so you don't need to post it. Note that if you were lynched, but I haven't posted your lynch scene, you're still alive.
No hidden text. No small text. All posts must be in English. No editing posts or using mod powers. (This rule does not apply to the moderator.)
Last edited by Herodotus on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 6:31 am

Post by Herodotus »

Special Rules:

When a player dies, their
Name
Career
, and
Faction
will be revealed.

All names are taken from the Saw movies, with a bias toward the first four movies. Role PM's might contain spoilers. This page has a list of characters.

A player's Career will have a connection to abilities or "other" win or loss conditions, but the connection may not be clear. In other words, you will not always be able to tell based on someone's role reveal what abilities they had. I tried to use an accurate career name for most characters, but there may be some that are wrong, intentionally or unintentionally.

All players who are members of a given faction have the same factional win condition; however it is possible that they will also be working toward different goals due to their other win or loss conditions.

If both Win Conditions and Lose Conditions would trigger at the same time, the Lose Conditions will generally take priority.

There are five categories in the frst post. If a player has been replaced or modkilled, they will be in the last category. If a player has already lost, regardless of what happens in the remainder of the game, they will be in the Defeated category. If a player has already won, they will be in the Victors category. Only players in the Living category are allowed to post, unless I tell them otherwise.

Two role clarifications:
1. If I use the term "mason" as a role name, I mean "mutually town-confirmed players".
2. If two players roleblock each other, both should suceed in preventing the other from performing any further actions during that night. There could be exceptions based on how specific abilities work or other effects.
I'm not saying that any masons or roleblockers exist, just disambiguating some things that are ambiguous these days.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Herodotus »

All role PM's have been sent. Please confirm by responding with your Career.

This would be a good time to ask me any questions about your role.
Last edited by Herodotus on Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Let's get started.

A role ability has activated.

DavidName: David
Career: Detective
Faction: Town
Active Abilities:
Passive Abilities: Your role PM appears on page 1.
Factional Abilities:
Win Conditions:
Factional: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-sided player survives.
Other:
Lose Conditions:
Factional: You lose when a faction that is a threat to the town reaches half of the population.
Other: You lose when, in your first post of the game, you claim any role or abilities, or hint at this lose condition.
Description:
Detective David Tapp, you are known to be a living member of the police force and a loyal townie. Your identity is enough to confirm you as such.

The game opens with thirteen of you gathered around a woodchipper. It appears to have been used to render several bodies unidentifiable. Whoever used the woodchipper is probably aware of the victims' identities, but no one claims responsibility.

Day 1 Begins. Deadline will be in about 18 days.
Vote Count 0 of Day 1:

Pine - 0 -
CryMeARiver - 0 -
iDanyBoy - 0 -
Checkmate - 0 -
scooby - 0 -
Wray - 0 -
OldPro - 0 -
ThAdmiral - 0 -
2birds1stone - 0 -
Robbnva - 0 -
VisMaior - 0 -
Ser Arthur Dayne - 0 -
MagnaofIllusion - 0 -
Last edited by Herodotus on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Shall we get started?

Let's kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Vote: 2birds1stone

Game Over.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Aaand, no, I won't be crying a river this game. Well, I hope not :P

VOTE: CryMeARiver
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

CryMeARiver, have we played each other before?

Vote: Robbnva

Unpronouncable.

I'd suggest a nameclaim, but that opening role PM sorta shuts that option down.

Uh, gender claim? I'm actually sorta serious.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Pine »

Vote: ThAdmiral

There can be only one.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 7, 2birds1stone wrote:CryMeARiver, have we played each other before?

Vote: Robbnva

Unpronouncable.

I'd suggest a nameclaim, but that opening role PM sorta shuts that option down.

Uh, gender claim? I'm actually sorta serious.

Oh no, I don't think so, I just liked the "kill" and "game over" puns with the theme.

Do you think that would yield any usefulness?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Maybe, though it depends on how stupid scum are.

Even if it doesn't yield useful information, it narrows scum's fakeclaims down, though they were probably given fakeclaims in a game this flaovur-intensive.

I figure we should get all this mechanics discussion out of the way early, so, while we're at it: do we think that "win with town" players with losecons that could cause them to act anti-town should claim their losecons? I think we should aim to have the largest number of town players win as possible, so we can have as unified a town team as possible.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Basically, I'm suggesting that we facilitate a degree of anti-town behaviours for the benefit of town-sided players with anti-town losecons. However, we're gonna need such players to come forward to be able to do this.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 11, 2birds1stone wrote:Basically, I'm suggesting that we facilitate a degree of anti-town behaviours for the benefit of town-sided players with anti-town losecons. However, we're gonna need such players to come forward to be able to do this.

Raise your hand if you see that happening.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

I think the benefits of a unified town will outweigh the detriment of having to make some concessions.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 13, 2birds1stone wrote:I think the benefits of a unified town will outweigh the detriment of having to make some concessions.

Well of course.

Think about it like this: It's like communism vs. capitalism.

Communism is a perfect system on paper because it's best for people on a whole. But what about the people with more than average salary, land, etc...They have to lessen their things for the good of everyone else. Now do they really want to do that? Is that really going to happen? Of course not, unless someone forces them too.

Now what makes you think people are going to a) risk telling everyone a surefire way of how they can lose for the good of the town when people could potentially take advantage of that and make them lose or b) risk telling everyone a surefire way of how they can win for the good of the town when people could potentially take advantage of that and not let them win.

I highly doubt this will happen, even if it could potentially maybe possibly be of a somewhat use to the town. So please don't be a Castro or Stalin and try forcing it upon people unless people go ahead and start doing it.

(Not trying to misrep you that you're already doing this, just a word of admonition to not do this)

Thank you,
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Outing your losecon actually grants you more protection if the town PRs are doing their job. They will do their best to make sure such players don't lose, because it's in town's interests.

Part B doesn't apply. The rules don't mention special town-sided wincons. If they do, then no, of course they shouldn't be outed, as scum will just prevent those wincons from being fulfilled.

Of course we can't force people to out their losecons, but I'm asking whether town approves and/or encourages it.

I'm definately liking a popcorn gender/losecon claim.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Oh, right, I didn't read as carefully as I could have.

No, non-factional wincons shouldn't be claimed. It's the losecons I'm interested in.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Oh, and this shouldn't need saying, but Tapp shouldn't claim his losecon, that would be silly.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Well okay, I'll clarify my stance then allow the town to share their stances:

1) I don't see how claiming gender can "hurt" the town persay, though I can see it being a distraction and futile. But I have no hostility towards this idea.

2) While I personally don't have a problem claiming any losecons, I can clearly see where some might have a problem outting how they can lose and don't want to take part in forcing someone to do so. However, I highly suspect that if this is the case, they will just say that they have no losecons. While this could potentially lead to people pointing fingers of lying down the road if they do end up claiming a losecon, I don't see a problem giving people the option to claim their losecon for protection.

I see that the above mostly just turned into a pros/cons list of each without a definitive stance, but no matter. I'm okay with it.

Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Wray
Wray
Townie
Wray
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Post by Wray »

So. We meet again. :cool:

VOTE: Ser Arthur Dayne

I'm not so sure about the idea of claiming our losecons. Some of them may be the kind that could be exploited by scum. I'm kind of on the fence about mine.

Genderclaim I have no objections against, but I don't really see the use in it.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Post by VisMaior »

The lack of a bandwagon in this game is appalling.
vote: 2birds1stone
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I suspect someone has a role that interacts with Tapps role. What would be the point in outing his rolePM , then forbiding to claim in his first post, but not in subsequent posts? That seems like such an easy to avoid lose condition... Im confused.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Vote: Pine

Because those trees freaking stink
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

vote: cmar

for signing off every post with "cmar"
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 21, VisMaior wrote:I suspect someone has a role that interacts with Tapps role. What would be the point in outing his rolePM , then forbiding to claim in his first post, but not in subsequent posts? That seems like such an easy to avoid lose condition... Im confused.

Dammit. I just figured out how we could've used that to our advantage. Each one, in their first post, could've claimed to be David, except the true David, since he will lose if he does this. If all the others who claimed David do not lose, then we have a confirmed innocent. Should've thought of that earlier :igmeou:
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”