Mini 1363: Star Trek Voyager: Endgame (Game Over)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Mini 1363: Star Trek Voyager: Endgame (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Korlash »

[Reserved for super cool picture thingy]*
-Star Trek Voyager Mafia-

Each of the cadets stirred to attention as the last man finished uploading his information into the computer. Before he could get back into line the system gave a loud whirring sound and the room around you erupted in a flash of light. Without warning, you and the others found yourselves standing in the dead of space looking down upon the very array you were supposedly housed in. Before panic had set in the hologram of Captain Pike walked into view from the void of space and greeted you all with a salute.

"Forgive the theatrics but I wanted you all to see this."
As he spoke he motioned below his feet to the large array floating above Earth. As if on cue, the giant ring encompassing the station began slowly turning as bright lights began flickering on across the array's surface.
"The Kratos station. It was built utilizing the greatest advancements in holographic technology from throughout the galaxy. Capable not only of simulating an entire world within it's walls but of projecting a reality on the world outside of it as well. It is truly one of a kind, and this is why..."

The lights scattered around the hulking scattered mass of metal began to flash brighter and faster as the center ring reached top speed. With a gear crunching sound and a blinding flash of light the station molded into an image of the fabled ship Voyager. The ship's impulse engines kicked to life and it began roar through space at an incredible speed, Earth quickly fading into the distance.

You wobbled on your feet as you found yourself standing in main engineering looking at the brightly lit warp core of the ship. Around you, the rest of the cadets were staring in awe at their new surroundings. The Fleet Captain stood admiring the warp core and slowly turned to grab your attention.

"You are now standing in a perfect replication of the Starship Voyager complete with every amenity that ship had, minus the crew of course. It will take a while for the program to load those as it still needs to integrate you into the system yet. Once it does, we will begin the project, but while we wait a small tour perhaps."

"Sir..."
A young crewmen had wandered away from the group and was studying the readout on one of the wall consoles. He spoke softly but with some measure of alarm in his voice.
"Sir, it says here the ship is moving... A-at warp 12!"
He tapped the screen as a worried murmur issued forth from some of the Cadets.
"And it's heading straight for the Delta Quadrant!"

He spun around quickly as if to say more but stopped dead at the sight of the Fleet Captain's sinister expression of annoyance. The rest of the Cadets had erupted in panic over this revelation but Pike quickly silenced them with a yell.

"SILENCE."
The room was filled with a quiet buzzing from the machinery as every member of the expedition turned their eyes to him. The young cadet spoke up after a few seconds.

"Sir why are we heading into the Delta Quadrant-"

"Because that is where the experiment will take place."
Pike said angrily.

"What experiment, this was suppose to be a simulation for us to learn and-"

"It is a simulation, my simulation."
The image of the Fleet Captain flickered as his anger rose but it quickly settled itself and his face returned to it's calm and collect appearance.
"I couldn't reveal the true nature of this expedition until I was sure you would all be participating, but the truth of the matter is this is a very important mission."
He stood there assuming that was enough but quickly saw the looks on the cadet's faces which told him otherwise. Sighing, he went into more detail.

"Voyager had a great many journeys during it's time in the Delta quadrant but some recounts of these adventures have been greatly mistold, one in particular. During it's early years the ship passed through a spacial scission which resulted in a duplicate version of the ship being produced. While it was wildly believed the second ship had been forced to self destruct, I know that some outside force saw fit to rescue that ship from the explosion and set it on a parallel course on the other side of the Quadrant. To further this cosmic 'joke' the being even saw fit to return it's lost crew members and even created new ones modeled after those that joined the first voyager. In a sense, there were two identical Voyagers traveling through the Delta quadrant far apart from each other.

The first arrived home, five years later... But the second... It was lost... I had been tracking it until a crisis erupted on board and sent the ship spiraling in an unknown direction. It seems an attack was made on the ship, from the inside. Enemies had infiltrated the ship and altered the flight path. During the struggle the ship was lost, so I was able to use my resources to put together this program to simulate the events that took place onboard Voyager. Using the results of this test, I shall extrapolate the ships last known course and through that I shall locate the ship."

"But sir, why do we need to be in the Delta Quadrant to do it? None of us signed up for this..."

"It wouldn't be a true test unless it took place at the same coordinates of the first attack. Thanks to my 'propulsion drives', we should be there after just a few jumps which you will all sleep through in stasis."

"What do you mean, 'your' propulsion drives? and... wait..."
The young cadets looked confused as Pike's friendly grin turned into a scowl.
"That isn't a Fleet Captains uniform... You're an Admiral..."

"That's right,"
another Cadet chipped in.
"You don't even look like Captain Pike..."
The 'Admiral' sighed and his scowl turned into a smirk.

"Well, I thought I could keep up this ruse for a while longer, but it doesn't matter."
The image of Pike dissipated leaving a large green gelatinous creature standing in it's place.
"I am Melvar..."
The voice of the Creature seemed to echo in your head causing you a small measure of pain.
"And I will be the ruler of this quadrant..."
Melvar raised a large tentacle and aimed a small metallic device at the young Cadet. A flash of light erupted from it's end and the cadet let loose a bloodcurdling scream as his body disintegrated in a scattering of light and particles.

"You 13..."
He paused for a moment.
"You 12 shall complete my simulation and find me my ship whether you want to or not. Do not fail me like the last group or you will meet their same fates..."
Before you could ask him what fate that was, the entire group fell to their knees as searing pain shot through their body. The other 11 fell unconscious instantly but you struggled to stay awake. Your last moments saw the creature turn towards the warp engines as a blinding light shot throughout the ship.

Captain Corporal
who was
Ensign Durst, "Red Shirt"
, Has been killed pregame by powers beyond your control for the sole reason of illustrating how dangerous this mission must be.

Enlisted
:
3/13 Town Victory!

Spoiler:
1. drmyshotgun
Stealth
:
Kes, Ocampan Refugee
, Killed in Endgame!

2. Shinori
jasonT1981

3. Yates
DTMaster

4. Hyperion
Stryker

5. DrippingGoofball
Shed

6. PMysterious:
Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres, Chief Engineer
, Killed in Endgame!

7. Zdenek

8. shos

9. theomoaner
id-DTMaster

10. GreyICE

11. MagnaofIllusion
Pressed Bunson

12. Maestro

13. Lady Lambdadelta
Captain Corporal
:
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Federation Diplomat
, Killed in Endgame!

Replacement Dredges
:
Shinori

Yates

petapan

Casualties of war
:
Spoiler:
8. Shos:
Think Tank, Kurros
, Lynched Day One!

10. GreyICE:
Lieutenant Tom Paris, Ship's Pilot
, Killed Night One!

5. DrippingGoofball
Shed
:
Seska, Kazon Spy
, Lynched Day Two!

4. Hyperion
Stryker
:
Q of the Continuum
, Left the Game Day Two!

11. MagnaofIllusion
Pressed Bunson
:
Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One
, Lynched Day Three!

12. Maestro:
the Doctor, Emergency Medical Hologram
, Modkilled Day Three!

3. Yates
DTMaster
:
Neelix, Talaxian Ambassador
, was Lynched Day Four!

9. theomoaner
id-DTMaster
:
Commander Tuvok, Tactical officer
, Died Day Four!

2. Shinori
jasonT1981
:
Commander Chakotay, First Officer
, Killed Night Four!

7. Zdenek:
Borg Queen, Collective Matriarch
, Lynched Day Five!

Lost in the Void
:
Spoiler:
None

Game Links
:

*- Super cool picture thingy on strike due to low wages and unfair parking fines... Fucking jerk, I was counting on him...
Last edited by Korlash on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:24 am, edited 42 times in total.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 am

Post by Korlash »

Star Fleet Rules and Regulations

As penned by the hand of Fleet Captain Pike

Section A: General Rules

---
Part 1) Gameplay

-----A01.01 - This is a simulation designed primarily for entertainment purposes and as a model to 'train' new Cadets in Star Fleet life and Teamwork.
-----A01.02 - All Star Fleet personnel shall treat others with the same level of respect they themselves feel they deserve.
-----A01.03 - Aggression is a valuable tool for any star Fleet operative and as such no special 'level' of it is forbidden from use. (i.e. insults, disrespect, cussing, etc...) However, if it becomes apparent that the actions in question have ceased being used as a 'tool' and have delved into unnecessary flaming, the Cadet in question is subject to disciplinary regulation #C01.01.
-----A01.03.5 - Please keep star Fleet regulation #C01.03A.5 In mind.
-----A01.04 - All Night actions shall resolve using Natural Resolution Order.
---
Part 2) Discussion/Communication

-----A02.01 - All discussion pertaining to this simulation shall be limited to the predetermined game thread.
-----A02.02 - There shall be no outside communication with participating Star Fleet personnel or with any outside parties regarding this simulation or the events therein unless otherwise informed by the Cadets commanding officer.
-----A02.03 -- If outside communication is allowed, it shall be limited to the methods and locations provided by the commanding officer.
-----A02.04 - There shall be no quoting any communications between any Cadet and their commanding officer.
---
Part 3) Voting

-----A03.01 - All votes must be made in thread following the format [
Vote: Geordi LaForge
], bolded, and on a separate line, unless otherwise stated by the Cadet's commanding officer.
-----A03.02 - Unvotes are appreciated but not necessary.
-----A03.03 - Cadets may use Abbreviations/shorthand for voting another Cadet, but it must be clear who it is the Cadet is voting for. Rule of thumb: If it looks like a vote for Geordi, I will count it as a vote for Geordi providing all other rules are followed.
-----A03.04 - Any and all vote modifiers including but not limited to loss of vote, gain of vote, vote switching, vote theft, proxy vote, and +/- to lynch will stop working in any LYLO or MYLO scenarios. No Cadet will be informed if their vote modifier has stopped working or not.
---
Part 4) Lynch/Deadline

-----A04.01 - Once a Cadet reaches a majority of votes, they will be considered 'lycnhed'. At this point, no votes or unvotes will be counted.
-----A04.02 - Once lynched or otherwise removed from the game, no Cadet may post until the game's OFFICIAL conclusion. The dead cannot speak, ever...
-----A04.03 - Once a lynch has been reached, the game shall enter Twilight. During twilight any player may post until the phase officially ends.
-----A04.04 - In the event of a time/space rupture sending the game thread back in time, no cadets may warn/inform those already lynched of the events leading to their eventual death. What's done is done, lets keep the timeline intact people.
-----A04.05 - At the start of each official 'Gameday' there shall be no official deadline given. At any time during the day players may post in thread or PM their commanding officer and request a deadline be set. Once a third of the player base (or less if deemed necessary) have requested a deadline, one will be set.
-----A04.05.4 - PMing the commanding officer for this reason will not be kept secret. Any Cadet requesting deadline will be subject to public announcement.
-----A04.06 - At the time of deadline, if no majority has been reached then it shall be considered a 'no lynch'.
-----A04.07 - Deadline ends at the predetermined time regardless of it the Commanding officer is here to enforce it or not. Once deadline has been reached, the game shall be considered in 'Twilight' for the remainder of the phase.
---
Part 5) Night

-----A05.01 - Night will last somewhere between 48 and 72 hours depending on what works best for me. Each individual length will be determined by the commanding officer as soon as the phase starts.
-----A05.02 - Any replacements or the like needed during the night will NOT extend the length of that night's deadline.
-----A05.03 - If no night action is submitted by the deadline, it will be considered a willing 'no action' and treated as such.
-----A05.04A - All Cadets must submit a PM to their commanding officer during the night phase to acknowledge 'activity' during the night regardless of it they have any actions to take or not.
-----A05.04B - Any PM from a Cadet involving their night action will be counted as an acknowledgement of activity unless the commanding officer is informed otherwise.
-----A05.04C - Once all players have completed the activity check, Night will end regardless of how long is left until deadline and whether or not some Cadets still have actions left to make.
-----A05.04D - Any cadet who fails to make an activity check during the night could be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including force replacement.
-----A05.04E - Any Cadet who informs their commanding officer of a V/LA that will take place during the night will be considered to have performed their activity check as soon as night begins.
---
Part 6) Miscellaneous

-----A06.01 - Game flavor is just a story to keep me entertained. If cadets choose to make decisions based on what I write for entertainment purposes then they should not be surprised if the people I want to win end up winning while I laugh at their foolishness.
-----A06.02 - I am an intergalactic, gelatinous slug monster with physic tendencies and anger management issues. I have a vast array of weapons and technology at my disposal that you can only dream of. I rule over the planet Clom and all of it's subsidiaries. My goal is supreme domination of my sector and every sector outside of that. Even keeping this in mind, I am not God. If a mistake is made please inform me and then line up for immediate disintegration.
-----A06.03 - I have chosen to use the color blue, please refrain from using it during the game.
-----A06.04 - The commanding officer has the right to add any new rules at anytime should he see fit. Any added rule will be announced in thread.

Section B: Set-up

---
Part 1) Roles

-----B01.01 - All Cadets will receive a role PM from their commanding officer before the simulation begins.
-----B01.02 - All roles distributed at that time will revolve around the exploits of the Star Ship Voyager.
-----B01.03 -
Once received, no Cadet may share, quote, or reproduce that role PM. They may choose to paraphrase some of it but it must be within reasonable bounds.

-----B01.04 - Roles were created by taking my favorite characters from Voyager and randomly removing the number of non-town roles. Because of this, it is very likely that some characters deemed essential to Voyager's operation may not even appear in this simulation.
-----B01.05 - This is an otherwise closed setup.
-----B01.06 - In the event of temporal displacement causing cadets to randomly morph into new roles, you will assume the identity of your original role for the remainder of the game. (This rule may also apply to genetic mutation, radioactive rifts, and unexplained ruptures. It is not subject, however, to equipment malfunctions or acts of hostile alien species.)
---
Part 2) Claiming

-----B02.01 - All Cadets are free to claim anything in anyway providing they follow all other rules.
-----B02.02 - Due to the setup process, any attempt to break the setup through some act of mass claiming is likely to fail. While there is no rule against such an act, it is strongly discouraged as it is likely to make the game one sided for obvious reasons.
-----B02.03 - If the simulation is infested by brain controlling slugs that force you to claim against your will, you will be excused from your duty shift and allowed to report to the ships counselor in order to recompose your story.
-----B02.04 - If, on an away mission, you suffer amnesia and forget who you are, you may request a back story about yourself be downloaded from archive from your commanding officer.

Section C: Disciplinary Action

-----C01.01 - The commanding officer may eject any cadet from the simulation at any time if he feels that Cadet is too disruptive to the simulations integrity.
-----C01.02 - Failure to uphold any rule is grounds for immediate disciplinary action including but not limited to ejection from the simulation, disintegration, demerits, reduction of rations, cleaning detail, and kissing a Ferengi on the ear lobe.
-----C01.03A - If at any time, one Cadet feels they are unable to continue the simulation with another, they may file a Form C13.a with the Commanding officer informing them of the details.
-----C01.03A.5 - Any Cadet recieving three or more Form C13.as in this manner is subject to being ejected from the simulation pending an investigation by their commanding officer.
-----C01.03B - Any Cadet or Cadets attempting to use this rule to their advantage will be modkilled without exception. This rule is in place to keep the simulation moving in the event of a bad apple spoiling the bunch, not to force replace people you dislike. You have been warned.
-----C01.04 - If you get a warning from the commanding officer, heed it. You will not get a second.
-----C01.05 - The commanding officer will hand out demerits for any rule breaking or other violation during the simulation. These demerits are not public and may result in additional Disciplinary actions being taken.
-----C01.05.5 - If you do not post the regulation number of your favorite rule during the confirmation phase, or failing to post during that time, in your first post of the game, you will receive a demerit.

Section D: Replacements, Prods, and other Medical Issues

---
Part 1) Replacements

-----D01.01 - Any Cadet who is inactive, force replaced, or sucked into an expected black hole will be replaced with a scavenged dredge by the commanding officer.
-----D01.02 - Replacement dredges will be expected to catch up immediately and follow all rules and regulations. Any dredge may request a small grace period to a set deadline but it shall be up to the digression of their commanding officer if the request is approved or not.
---
Part 2) Prods

-----D02.01 - All Cadets that are part of the simulation chose to be here and are thereby expected to actively participate.
-----D02.02 - Any cadet not posting for more than a 24 hour period will receive a prod.
-----D02.03 - Any Cadet that receives three or more prods in a single phase will be replaced.
-----D02.04 - If a Cadet plans to be absent for longer than a 24 period, they MUST inform their commanding officer through a pm. Posting in thread is nice, but if it is not covered through private communication I make no promises that you will be safe from disciplinary action.
-----D02.05 - Any Cadet who feels he was ejected or force replaced without due reason may submit a form D12.b to the dismissal committee for investigation.
-----D02.05.5 - All D12.b's must be filed a week before the Cadet is dismissed from the simulation in order to allow for due process. Failure to submit the form in time will result in your case being thrown out for obvious incompetence.
-----D02.05.6 - If you plan on being frozen in any substance covered by Star Fleet Medical or otherwise lost in the void during this time, you may submit a form D57 allowing for a fellow crewmember to submit your D12.b forms. All D57 forms must be submitted in triplicate and be free of any clinging space matter or carbon residue that may have built up while you were out of contact.
-----D02.06 - Constant 'prod dodging' is advised against. While it is accepted that such things are necessary at time, if done repeatedly over the course of the simulation you will be subject to disciplinary action. In order to be considered 'actively participating' you must be 'actively participating'.
---
Part 3) Other Medical Issues

-----D03.01 - If you have any cybernetic components, be sure to get them checked regularly as any interuption to the simulation due to improper care will result in disciplinary action.
-----D03.02 - If you are of a species that consumes energy or are otherwise on a special diet, it shall be provided for you. You may not use the other cadets as a food source.
-----D03.03 - If you are wearing a red shirt and are not being played by a famous actor, it is your own damn fault if you forget to bring a gun with you on an away mission.

Section E: The Prime Directive

-----E01.01 - All Cadets must follow the Prime Directive.

Section F: Emergency Protocols

-----F01.01 - In the event of two simulations crashing into each other, this one shall be treated as the prime simulation and all rules and regulation from this one shall be enforced.
-----F01.02 - In the event of a hyper-plasmic discharge ripping a hole in the universe and causing it to fill with mindless Snapes bent on giving you shit for no reason just because of who your father was, the use of the Avada kadavra spell is authorized.
-----F01.03 - In the event of a machine attempting to communicate with the Earth using whale sounds, all Cadets are to immediate begin emitting a high pitched wailing noise to confuse it while I fashion a makeshift paper-mache whale to solve the problem. None of this slingshotting around the sun nonsense.
-----F01.04 - In the event of Tribble incursion, all Cadets are permitted four uses of the phrase "Awww... So Adorable..."
-----F01.05 - In the event of sudden attack by the Romulans, all Cadets will be issued a suicide capsule. The trick will be getting them to swallow it.
-----F01.06 - In the event of a missing brain go in head?... gaw... What is brain?

Section G: Confirmation Phase

-----G01.01 - All cadets are expected to read the rules before confirming in thread.
-----G01.02 - Once the rules have been read, please confirm in thread following all rules therein.
-----G01.03 - Confirmation phase will last until at least two thirds of all Cadets have confirmed or for a period of 24 hours.
-----G01.04 - During the confirmation phase, no votes or unvotes will be counted.
-----G01.05 - The confirmation phase will begin as soon as all roles are distributed.

Sample PM wrote:Image

You are
Captain Geordi Laforge, Space Police

As the Captain of the USS Challenger it is your job to stop thieves and brigands from altering the time line. While you may be sympathetic towards their plights, it is your duty to stop them at all costs. You're not sure what these fiends want aboard Voyager, but you're going to stop them even if it blinds you... again...

Active Abilities
:

Ocular Implants: During the night you may PM me a single target to investigate. You will see them in ultraviolet, infrared, 3D, X-ray, backwards, forewards, sidewards, even naked... These implants sure help you make up for lost time!

Captains License: Once per day you may assert your authority in your new position to reset the votecount. This cannot be stopped by any blocking ability, and is not subject to mutiny.

Passive Abilities
:

Engineering Degree from JCHS: As a student of all things technical, you have a knack for Treknobabble. As such, all non-killing abilities on you will fail. In turn, you will be able to track down who it was that tried to target you via some sort of 'backdoor' you inevitably put in place ages ago.... What a smart guy you are!

VISORless: Due to your occular implants you no longer have the same fan appeal you once possessed. At any time in the game, you may give up your implants ability to regain your VISOR, and in doing so, our hearts... We love you Geordi! <3

Win Condition
:

You win when all threats to the safety of Voyager and her crew have been eliminated... actually you're Geordi Laforge... You automatically win!

Confirm in thread with your greatest joke about Data... Come on Mr. Laforge... Blind us with your wit...
Last edited by Korlash on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Korlash »

All Roles have been distributed!

"Captains Log, Stardate... SG1... something something 4... By now it has become apparent to me that I lack any understanding of this dating system. I do however know that it has been nearly four years since we were pulled from that explosion and flung into this part of the galaxy. We have no knowledge of the other Voyager's whereabouts or status, but we have since then assumed a course towards home. Hopefully, we'll meet them there... Also, four years later and I still begin every Captains log by referencing that date just on the off chance that anyone reading this will find it the most key thing I should focus on... "

Captain Janeway sat in her chair watching the stars fly by them on the view screen. Across the bridge, Ensign Kim was busy tapping away at his control console.

"Harry, have you had any word from Lieutenant Torres?"

"Yes Captain, she should be done any minute now."
He replied quickly, giving the Console a nervous look. Much to his delight, B'Elanna's voice came over the com system almost immediately.

"Captain, I've finished installing the last of the Emitters. The test should be ready to go in a matter of minutes."

"Thank you Lieutenant,"
The Captain tapped her com badge,
"Doctor, are you almost ready to begin?"

The Doctor was pacing in Sick Bay, anxiously awaiting word from the Captain. When he heard her voice he nearly jumped back in surprise.

"Of course I am Captain, I've only been waiting for this for nearly six months now. To tell the truth... I'm a little nervous."

"Well then Doctor, why don't you go over the plan with me one more time to calm yourself down. Lieutenant Torres will need a few more moments to get the program started."

"It's simple really. I find that the crew, even now, still tends to take me for granted. It's not easy being a hologram. So, by adding fixed holographic emitters throughout the ship we should be able to encase each member of the crew in a hologram of themselves. it will not pose any harm to them, but it should allow them to experience a small amount of what I have to go through on a daily basis."

"I see, so we're basically turning the ship into one giant holodeck-"

"With everyone playing themselves, yes Captain... It's a crude analogy, but sufficient."

"alright then, lets get started."
She stood up from her chair and tapped her com badge again.
"Attention crew of Voyager. We are about ready to start the experiment. I want all non-essential personal to report to their quarters and the rest to brace themselves. We are all about to experience life as a hologram."

The crew shuffle off to their respective zones as Lieutenant Torres makes a few final preparations. As she initiates a count down, all remaining crew members grab a hold of their surroundings and wait. B'Elanna reaches a count of zero and the emitters scattered throughout the ship kick to life. Each member on board is wrapped in a thin veil of light and energy reflecting themselves.

Captain Janeway takes a moment to admire her holographic hands before turning to Lieutenant Paris.
"Tom, you have the bridge. I'll be in my ready room adjusting to this."

"Aye Captain."
Tom managed as he inspected his own arms. Harry Kim tapped his console again and began moving toward the turbo lift.

"There seems to be a slight malfunction in the readout. I'm going to go inspect it."
As the turbo lift doors closed, Tom turned back towards his controls muttering to himself.

"Don't everyone leave me at once."
He took a quick sweeping glance at the empty bridge and then settled into his chair enjoying the stars flying by.

Captain Janeway burst from her readyroom to the sounds of a red alert echoing throughout the ship. Just as she entered, Ensign Kim returned through the lift doors.

"Tom, what's going on."

"I'm not sure Captain. One minute it was fine, the next..."

"I think I can help."
Harry interjected. he made his way back to his station and tapped the console some more.
"We've had unauthorized transports into parts of the ship... too many to track, low frequency, they used the test as a buffer to hide their patterns. Damnit... I've lost their trail..."
Janeway tapped her combadge.

"Commander Tuvok, we have uninvited guests aboard the ship. We need security teams to find them."

"Captain, it seems the bulk head doors have sealed in decks 7, 9, 13, and 14. Forcefields have been placed throughout deck 12 making it impossible to reach Environmental controls. Most of the crew are trapped in their quarters."
Tuvoks voice swept in through the com system.

"Then get a team to Engineering, we'll try to unseal the bulk heads from there-"
The Captain was cut off as a loud booming voice erupted over the ship's PA system.

"We have infiltrated your ship members of the Federation, and we have disguised ourselves as members of your crew using your holographic system and permanently sealed the majority of your forces away. You have no means to stop us and now your ship now belongs to us and you are all trespassing. Prepare to die."

"Harry,"
the Captain wasted no time,
"Shut down the emitters."
The look on the Ensign's face told the Captain everything she needed to know.

"I can't Captain, they've jammed the signal, I'm cut out."

Janeway slunk in her chair, thinking about how best to handle this situation.
"Tom, you're an expert in the 21st Century, did they have any special means of dealing with situations like this?"
Tom sat in silence for a moment thinking.

"I do remember reading about something... A means of getting rid of unknown enemies in a large crowd."

"That might work, what did they do?"
Harry asked full of Optimism.

"Well. It seems they took turns voting for each member to be killed off. Afterwards, they would retire for the night and then do the same the next day. Sometimes, during the night more would die... but sometimes they wouldn't."

"Why would anyone do such a thing?"

"I'm not sure Captain, but I know that this method was used widely for many years, sometimes multiple instances of this event would be done simultaneously... And the people involved treated it like a game."

"Barbarians..."
Harry muttered.

"Careful Harry, that's your great great grandfather you're talking about."

"Enough."
The Captain stood back up.
"If it was good enough for the 21st century, it will be good enough now."
She tapped her com badge.
"Attention, any personal not confined to quarters report to cargo bay 2 for a briefing, we are not allowing any interlopers free reign on this ship."

As the three headed toward the lift doors, Janeway turned to Paris.

"What did they call this event, Tom?"
They stepped into the turbo lift and the door began closing.

"They called it Mafia."

With that the doors to the bridge closed and the empty command center sat in somber silence foreshadowing the horrors to come...

Confirmation phase begins now! It will last until at least 8 players have confirmed in thread, or for 24 hours!

Mod Note: I am very sorry for the long wait and any mistakes made during role distribution due to my hurriedness and now extreme exhaustion... I believe everyone should now have their correct role and I will be sending out a 'prod' informing everyone the thread is up and running.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Post by Zdenek »

\confirming
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Post by shos »

confirming :)
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Could you let us know which rules are jokes and don't actually apply to the game?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Also, I presume that it wasn't intentional, but the rules seem to ban claiming honestly:

-----B01.03 - Once received, no Cadet may share, quote, or reproduce any part of that role PM.
-----B02.01 - All Cadets are free to claim anything in anyway providing they follow all other rules.

Was this intentional?
iD-DTMaster
iD-DTMaster
Townie
iD-DTMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by iD-DTMaster »

I love confirming things just as much as the science department!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Post by Zdenek »

and obviously C01.05.5 is my favorite rule :p
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh god I'm Tom Paris

/vomit

/confirm
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 am

Post by shos »

yeah I'm pretty confused by these rules too, lol. my fav is probably the A06.02, hehe. cool flavor.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 am

Post by Shed »

/confirm

Best captain is Jean-Luc Picard. Sorry Janeway.
Pressed Bunson
Pressed Bunson
Townie
Pressed Bunson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:51 am

Post by Pressed Bunson »

/confirm

Not sure which Star Trek is best.
Carpe diem!
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:37 am

Post by PMysterious »

/confirm. I hope this will be fun.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

/confirmed. Half human borg were my fav :D
Stealth
Stealth
Townie
Stealth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Stealth »

/confirm

One of my favourite Voyager episodes was message in a bottle, when The Doc was transferred to the Alpha Quadrant to send a message! :)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Korlash »

Zdenek wrote:Could you let us know which rules are jokes and don't actually apply to the game?

All rules apply to the game... This is Star Trek, anything can happen! We must be prepared!

Zdenek wrote:Also, I presume that it wasn't intentional, but the rules seem to ban claiming honestly:

-----B01.03 - Once received, no Cadet may share, quote, or reproduce any part of that role PM.

Was this intentional?

I ask that you use common sense to work out what constitutes a claim and what constitutes a 'quote'. If you have questions about something, you can check with me first. You are certainly allowed to paraphrase. I'll add that to the rule.

Rule Change wrote:-----B01.03 - Once received, no Cadet may share, quote, or reproduce that role PM. They may choose to paraphrase some of it but it must be within reasonable bounds.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 am

Post by Zdenek »

Bloodwine is my favourite drink.
iD-DTMaster
iD-DTMaster
Townie
iD-DTMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by iD-DTMaster »

So let me get this straight... We are cadets trapped on a replica ship of voyager, running a simulation of a voyager that was supposed to be blown up, but got saved. So that means we're not actually voyager, just people thinking we're voyager? Also, we are being forced to do this by an evil space jelly out to rule the universe. Okay, cool.

I have a question for everyone. Which one of your is Harry Kim?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Tee hee. /confirm.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Well, I am not looking forward to a rip-off of a Sonic vs Shadow battle in space.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by Maestro »

/confirm Just recently got into this show (NETFLIX) and I'm lovin' it so far but I've been a TNG mega-fan and a Trekkie in general for years.

Data will always win over Spock and Tuvok. No disputes.
iD-DTMaster
iD-DTMaster
Townie
iD-DTMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by iD-DTMaster »

In post 21, Maestro wrote:/confirm Just recently got into this show (NETFLIX) and I'm lovin' it so far but I've been a TNG mega-fan and a Trekkie in general for years.

BLASPHEMY!!!
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by PMysterious »

What was Maestro saying again?
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Shed
Shed
Goon
Shed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 am

Post by Shed »

In post 21, Maestro wrote:/confirm Just recently got into this show (NETFLIX) and I'm lovin' it so far but I've been a TNG mega-fan and a Trekkie in general for years.

High-five! I remember watching TNG growing up. That one will always be the best in my mind.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”