rep. CityElectric D3
-
Backup Mind Reader
- Killed Night Four

Rules:
Spoiler: Rules
RULES OF THE GAME

1. I am the mod. My word is law.
2. I am fallible. If you believe I have made a mistake, for instance in a votecount, kindly point it out and I will fix it. If you have more serious grievances, please PM me.
3. This is a game. The point is to have fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
4. Do not quote private communications with me or with other players. This includes your role PM. Breaking this rule will result in a modkill.
5. You may not discuss the game outside the thread unless permitted to do so by your role.
6. Votes should be made in bold, such as
Vote: OhGodMyLife
. When changing your vote, please
Unvote: OGML
. This is not entirely necessary but makes my job easier. For the same reason, please put all votes at the bottom of your posts. You may use nicknames and acronyms as long as it is reasonably clear who you are referring to.
7. A lynch suffers the requirement of a simple majority. If there is no majority at deadline,
there will be no lynch
8. Once a majority is reached, that player is lynched and no further votes or unvotes will be counted.
9. Once you are dead, you are dead. No more posting, not even a "Bah!" post. Save it for the endgame discussion.
10. This game will have fixed deadlines. Day one will last
three weeks
, all subsequent days will last
two weeks
until such time as there are 5 or less players alive, at which point the deadline will drop to
10 days
and each night phase will last
48 hours
11. You are expected to post at least once in every 48 hour period. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Failure to respond to a prod within the next 24 hours will mean replacement. If you require a prod more than once during the course of the game you will simply be replaced.
12. This game is a commitment, to me and to your fellow players. Treat it as such. If you think that you will be unable to meet the activity requirements for any reason, don't sign up. If you know you will be V/LA at any point within the next two months, don't sign up.
13. All mafiascum.net site rules apply to this game.

There is at least one vanilla townie in this game, and the role PM looks like this:
PLAYERNAME, you are a
Test Subject
in a twisted experiment. The Mind Reader has access to your thoughts in . You have no power but your voice and your vote. Use them well!

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one pro-town player is alive.

Confirm via PM that you have read and understand your role and win condition.

Setup:
Spoiler: Setup
TOWN

1 x The Mind Reader
1 x Backup Mind Reader
8 x Town Test Subject

MAFIA

1 x Mafia Psychic
2 x Mafia Test Subject

Each player, with the exception of the Mind Reader, is given a private quicktopic where they may keep and organize their thoughts on the game. This quicktopic can be viewed, but not posted in, by the Mind Reader. The Mind Reader knows nothing of each player’s alignment and has access to all the private quicktopics.

The Backup Mind Reader acts as a normal Test Subject but upon the death of the Mind Reader is given the same view only access to all the private quicktopics. This is a secret backup role, AKA the person with the role receives a regular vanilla PM.

The Mafia Psychic can investigate one player each night to learn if they are currently the Mind Reader.

The mafia has a separate quicktopic that the Mind Reader does not have access to. They have daytalk as long as the Mafia Psychic is alive. The mafia receive a factional nightkill as normal. The Psychic may not kill and investigate on the same night.
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:06 am, edited 16 times in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

At 0700 hours precisely the hum of fluorescent light bulbs turning on joins the chorus of drips and rattles emanating from the exposed industrial piping overhead. Sleep was elusive anyway, so when the door of your cell slides open you shuffle into the common room to join twelve other bleary eyed test subjects in ratty hospital robes. The heavy steel door to the outside world remains locked. The one-way mirror next to it reflects only confusion and distrust.

High pitched static pierces the white noise before the speakers resolve to a monotonous baritone.

“Good morning. Today our grand experiment begins. Thank you all for your patience in the time it has taken everyone to acclimate to the conditions of the test.
“Lots have been drawn and everyone has their instructions. Each day you must select one among your number to expel.”

You exchange nervous glances with the other participants. Dim memories of your time before “volunteering” swim in your head, but they don’t fit together right. Like a jigsaw puzzle with the corner pieces missing you don’t even know where to begin. So you put aside the longing for your former life and focus on the task before you.

“With thirteen alive,” the researcher on the loudspeaker says, “it takes seven to lynch.”

It is now Day One.
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:20 am

Post by CityElectric »

VOTE: Jal

Short name, quick to type before I have dinner.

Hi everyone!
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Adam-12 »

Over-explain an RVS vote much?

Vote City
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:41 am

Post by guille2015 »

Vote: T-Bone

I Steak my chances.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

VOTE: Mala

Serious vote!!!1!1!!11!1!!1111!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:54 am

Post by penguin_alien »

VOTE: Loranthaceae for having a name I really don't want to spend the rest of the game trying to remember how to spell.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 6, penguin_alien wrote:VOTE: Loranthaceae for having a name I really don't want to spend the rest of the game trying to remember how to spell.

Because of you we had to wait another day for this game to start and you dare vote me?!

Oh well

VOTE: Mehdi

because that's my grandma's dog's name, no joke
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Malakittens »

Ugh RVS sucks. I'm not doing that shit.

PA, why did it take you so long to confirm? <.<
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:38 am

Post by T-Bone »

Unvote
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 am

Post by Junpei »

I don't randomly vote, so how useful do you think that our individual QTs are? What about the mafia QTs?

Please don't elaborate on strategy or metagaming, we don't need any of that exposed.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

Sounds like scum think to me.

Unvote, Vote Jun
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Malakittens, I confirmed about two hours (two hours, eighteen minutes) after my role PM arrived in my inbox. At which point I checked out the thread and saw that everyone else had confirmed. So I think it's more a matter of everyone being really quick to confirm.

Why do you think it's relevant, given that the Mafia are guaranteed to have daytalk in this set-up for the first day, since everyone's still alive? (therefore the Mafia Psychic is around to facilitate it, for those who may not have read the set-up details)

Junpei, why do you want us to speculate about that in the game thread? And we're supposed to discuss that without elaborating on strategy or meta...what are you expecting, us to rate their utility on a scale of 1-10? That's a fishing expedition for certain.

UNVOTE: Loranthaceae (joke's totally on me for having to check your name's spelling again to unvote...)
VOTE: Junpei
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 11, Adam-12 wrote:Sounds like scum think to me.

Unvote, Vote Jun

Tell me more about dis scum thinkin'.

VOTE: Adam-12
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

VOTE: adam for the same reason as jal. Set up speculation is fairly rarely a true problem even if it doesn't help a ton with the set up and is nice to see people discuss.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Juls »

Vote: Jal
(names too close to mine)

Junpei, hello again, its been a while.
Do you think it would be more beneficial to discuss this in thread or instead leave your thoughts for the Mind Reader in your personal QT?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Juls since he asked this in thread what do you think the answer to your question is?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Jal »

Also, let's get the obvious answer out of the way for Juunpei: The QTs are as useful as people make them out to be.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 17, Jal wrote:Also, let's get the obvious answer out of the way for Juunpei: The QTs are as useful as people make them out to be.

Amen!

In post 12, penguin_alien wrote:Malakittens, I confirmed about two hours (two hours, eighteen minutes) after my role PM arrived in my inbox. At which point I checked out the thread and saw that everyone else had confirmed. So I think it's more a matter of everyone being really quick to confirm.

Why do you think it's relevant, given that the Mafia are guaranteed to have daytalk in this set-up for the first day, since everyone's still alive? (therefore the Mafia Psychic is around to facilitate it, for those who may not have read the set-up details)

Junpei, why do you want us to speculate about that in the game thread? And we're supposed to discuss that without elaborating on strategy or meta...what are you expecting, us to rate their utility on a scale of 1-10? That's a fishing expedition for certain.

UNVOTE: Loranthaceae (joke's totally on me for having to check your name's spelling again to unvote...)
VOTE: Junpei

@penguin Can you rephrase the middle paragraph?
Concerning confirmation, what you said cannot be true unless there was an error with the role PM and it had to be resent. The wave of confirmations which left you special came at least 6 hours after I sent out my confirmation PM. Can anyone else confirm this?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 14, Mehdi2277 wrote: VOTE: adam for the same reason as jal.

ORLY? And what exactly was the reason that Jal voted me?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

It was one post beforehand. I even followed in the next sentence on what the reason was.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 16, Mehdi2277 wrote:Juls since he asked this in thread what do you think the answer to your question is?

Since she asked the question in the thread why not let Juls answer?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 20, Mehdi2277 wrote:It was one post beforehand. I even followed in the next sentence on what the reason was.

While I am catching up maybe you can quote and explain?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 17, Jal wrote:Also, let's get the obvious answer out of the way for Juunpei: The QTs are as useful as people make them out to be.

Why are you answering for her? Shouldn't she be answering for herself?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

It's one post before my vote post. That's close enough to a quote. I disagree with what you said is scummy and it just seems like a cheap set up spec is bad that you barely explained.

I think you mean let junpei answer, but he still can and more importantly while weak questions to interact aren't useless they're not that needed unless she really wants to push it.

And reading ability would help. Junpei asked everyone that question which includes jal.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”