Mini 294 - Post Restriction (It's all over!)

GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 294 - Post Restriction (It's all over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:32 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

“Keep digging!” came a voice from above.

“I’m trying!” replied one from below, “Why won’t you just shut up already?”

A clank echoed from the hole, and the man above, who looked like he was in his thirties, had brown hair, and was wearing a military outfit with enough medals to fill a grain silo, smiled and yelled, “What is it?”

The man in the hole climbed out and showed him the small, wooden box. The military official smiled and said, half to himself, “This is it! Now I’ll get that promotion. This is just what we need.”

“Need for what?” asked the man who was digging, who wore a military uniform with hardly any medals.

“Well, uh,” stuttered the military official, “it’s kind of secretive. I probably am not allowed to tell you.”

“Oh, come on. We’ve known each other for years,” replied the soldier, “you can tell me.”

‘Well, we are out here in the middle of nowhere,” said the military official thoughtfully, “I suppose it couldn’t hurt.” He handed the box to the soldier.

The soldier stared at it, bewildered.

“Well, don’t just stare at it, open it!”

The soldier opened the box, which took some effort, considering the hinges had completely rusted. Inside lay a wrinkled up brown book, looking very old. On the front, in decaying print, it read ‘Precious Memories,’ but that was crossed out, and below it read, ‘LOG.’

“Go on. Read it. You’ll learn more from that than from me telling you.”

The soldier opened the book. Inside, it read “Introduction.” He began to read.

I don’t know who you are. Are you me? Are you someone else? I don’t know who you are, but I can feel that one day, someone other than myself will be reading this. Perhaps for entertainment? Perhaps to learn the truth, that I am and have been true? Perhaps even for a higher, unrelated purpose? I don’t know why, nor how, nor when, nor where, but I’m here writing it. And I’ll keep doing so until either my duty or my life ends. But no matter who you are, please, sit back, open a bottle, or canteen, or whatever you drink out of, and enjoy. I will do my duty to create as detailed a record as possibly needed. I present to you... THE DETAILED HISTORY OF TURROVILE.

Eager to continue, the soldier turned the page.

On the next page, a list was set up:

TOWN MEMBERS:

ALIVE: 4

neongrey
Twomz
Mastermind of Sin
audacesiuvat

DECEASED: 8

Thok (Defensive Guy/Doctor), Had major organs amputated Night 1
Quig (Giant Duck/Townie), Sent on a crusade Day 1
Logicticus (Positive Friend/Optimistic Mason), Lynched Day 1
BrianMcQueso (The Bishop/SK), Shot Night 2
Bethelmark (Laser Pete/Goon), Shot Night 2
draygn_mage (Joe Smith/Townie), Lynched Day 2
Nightcow (Burglar/Pseudo-Cop), shot Night 3
DrippingGoofball (Amputation Sam/Goon), Lynched Day 3
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

THE RULES

RULES (sort of stolen from various sources)-
1-
BOLD
your vote.
2-
BOLD
your unvotes. Please unvote before re-voting.
3- You may vote for no lynch. A majority of no lynch votes means, not surprisingly, no lynch.
4- To lynch, a majority of players must agree on a particular lynch candidate. The second that majority is reached, the player is lynched, and no unvoting will save the player.
5-
Never
, ever, quote your role, or any part of any PM the moderator sends you. Please paraphrase your role when claiming. Failure to abide to this will result in a
modkill
6- The mafia, as usual, may talk freely ONLY during the night. As for the rest of you, communication about the game can only occur in the thread unless your role says otherwise.
7- As soon as your death scene is posted, you are dead. Cease posting. The only situation this doesn’t apply in is twilight: see next rule.
8-
TWILIGHT RULES
: Once we’re In twilight (the lynching vote has been cast but the mod has not yet posted the lynch scene), anyone may talk EXCEPT for the lynchee. Once the lynch scene is posted, all talking should stop.
9- Each night, there is a deadline. You must get your choice in before this deadline or no choice will be made.
10- If you choose not to make a choice, please tell me so, that way night can end sooner.
11- If day seems to be dragging, I may instate a deadline. The deadline will be lifted only if conversation picks up. If no lynch is made by deadline, the person with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be a no lynch.
12- If you are going to be gone for more than 48 hours, please post in the thread. Also, please make sure that you post at least 24 hours, unless you have some reason to not do so.
Remember, the game will be fun as long as everyone participates.

13- Be respectful to the mod and fellow players.
Have fun, and enjoy the game.

Special Rules

1- Always abide by your post restriction. Failure to do so will result in a modkill.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:33 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Good news! All roles out. Please confirm and send choices. Deadline shall be March 11th at about, say 10:00 PM, EST.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

All confirms in. Please submit all choices by March 11th, 10:00PM EST.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:31 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

It's close to deadline, and I'm still missing some choices. You know who you are. Get 'em in!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:46 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Apoligies for not starting day sooner... I have not been feeling well and have just now got on Mafiascum. I will begin computing night choices now, expect day to begin shortly.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:57 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

"Ok, wait a minute here," said the director, "what's the deal with the dramatic backstory? Who said this was supposed to be dramatic? It's NOT!!"

"Sorry, sir," said the scriptwriter, "I won't let it happen again."

- - -

The town wakes up and reports to the large fountain in the town square. It's pretty looking. It looks like dolphins are throwing up into it.

"Hey, where's Thok?" someone inquires.

The town finds him in his home. Well, most of him. Although his heart, lungs, and a large amount of skin on his chest are nowhere to be found, he's still ok. Well, not exactly. At least the killer left a scapel nearby (without fingerprints on it though).

A quick search of the house reveals a sword and shield. These items were not used for offense, because Thok was a known pacifist. It seems more likely as if he defended people with them. Crap, there goes your doctor.

Thok (Defensive Guy/Doc) had major organs amputated Night 1

The good news? nobody else died. The bad news? The Mafia is still on the loose.

With 11 alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch someone.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:04 am

Post by Twomz »

1) I don't be thinkin that "amputatin's" what happened. The only thing i seen "amputated" is me poor old leg.

2) We be losin our doctor so soon? Arrrggg. Ironic ain't it. He were the doc that "amputated" me leg...

3) Yo Ho gentlemen... and ladies :). It's high time we found these liver lilied scoundrels and make um walk the plank...

Shiver me timbers! Image
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:09 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Joshua 10:9* wrote:After an all-night march from Gilgal, Joshua took them by surprise.
Hey everyone, I'm the Serial Killer.

More accurately, I'm a Preacher. I've gone terribly insane and decided to kill all the sinners. "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out", you know? I kill once during each Day instead of at night by sending people on a crusade.
Deuteronomy 28:28 wrote: The LORD will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind.
You're probably wondering why I'm telling you all this. It's because I have a secondary night ability. Each night, I must go pray at someone's house. If that person is a "pure soul"** and has "discovered God", God will show me the error of my ways through that person and I will revert back to a normal townsperson. From what I see, I'm a variant of the Psychopath role, except that instead of the Psychiatrist finding and healing me, I find the Psychiatrist myself. From what I understand of my PM, though, my "cure" isn't a property of the Doctor, but just an extra mention of another role that has "discovered God".
1 Samuel 19:4 wrote:Let not the king do wrong to his servant David; he has not wronged you, and what he has done has benefited you greatly.
The reason I present this information to you is that I doubt my ability to win as a Serial Killer, but I trust my ability to win as a
vigilante
. I tell you all of this so that I may be useful to the town. If I choose to use my ability on people that the town wants to lynch, then it is if we have two lynches per day. I will only kill if the town wishes me to. If the person who has "discovered God" is killed at any point, I willingly submit myself to be lynched by the town, as there will be no more way for me to convert to pro-town.

I know that there is one person in this town that knows what I am talking about, but I ask that you remain silent so that you are not killed by the Mafia, forcing the town to lynch me and giving the Mafia a free ride the next day.
1 Kings 10:3 wrote: Solomon answered all her questions; nothing was too hard for the king to explain to her.
If you have any questions regarding what I'm trying to accomplish here, please ask and I will be completely honest with you. I know it is unusual for the Serial Killer to claim on the second post of the game, but I'm trying to prove my usefulness to the town.

*English New International Version of the Holy Bible
**"Quotes" are my paraphrase, not quoting the PM.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:11 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Ecclesiates 5:6 wrote:"My vow was a mistake."
Oops, my wiki link goes to the wrong Psychopath role page. The one I meant to link to is here:

http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/All_Roles
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:37 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

BrianMcQueso wrote:discovered God
BrianMcQueso wrote:I'm a variant
BrianMcQueso wrote:remain silent
:twisted: :?: :idea: :!: :mrgreen:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Quig
Quig
Townie
Quig
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by Quig »

This is quackers. At the moment we have no leads to who the mafia is. It seems like they got very lucky with the death of our doctor.
audacesiuvat
audacesiuvat
Goon
audacesiuvat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by audacesiuvat »

If you have any questions regarding what I'm trying to accomplish here, please ask and I will be completely honest with you. I know it is unusual for the Serial Killer to claim on the second post of the game, but I'm trying to prove my usefulness to the town.
Why bother. By claiming now, the mafia will bump you off before you even find what you're looking for, if it's even out there.

I'd wish you luck, but it wouldn't help.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

My kill is going to be limited to people the town decides they want me to kill. The mafia can manipulate my kill just like they can manipulate the town's lynch. If they want to kill that off, they can be my guest. At least you guys get to keep the cop.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by draygn_mage »

Just checking in now
random vote DrippingGoofball

Post restrictions suck.
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:27 pm

draygn_mage wrote:Just checking in now
random vote DrippingGoofball

Post restrictions suck.

ImageImageImageImage
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:54 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

WELL, IT SEEMS THAYT WEB3 G0TTEN OFF TO A BBAD START.. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL~~~ wudd it be w1s3 t' rebeaL uor post rwstircshuns now, uh uh uh uh uh uh, or sohuld webuh wait! COOOL MAN!, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...? brian, duh, how do webuh know dat u wi7l Bec 0|\|ebrted, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...?, duh...uh...? u c0uld dgst be an sk adn stay dat way all WareZ, clai/\/\in gto ebentuaal be conbehtid your more htqn willigg t' h4be ur ki77x direcked, uh uh uh uh, b3cauz y0u can still make killz OLOLOLLO.. BY COMING OUT THIS eARL YYPOU HOPE TO GAIN FABROWITH THE TOIW|\|, sO TEHY R LESS 71KELY TO LYCNH U FUrTHER ON olololololololololo AZ FAR ASI CAN SEE ,YOYU COULD EASILY BE TELLINF TEH RRUTH, BUT TH1S Si ALSO THE PARFECT STEUP FOR A CRUISE TO BICTORY AHX0R YOUUUUUUU! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!~~~~~
Permanent V/LA.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:01 pm

Post by Twomz »

Arrr... i though i had a translator, but the lily livered coward was a cheat. Aye... but me post restriction ain't that bad. Unlike the poor miss's. It pains me heart to see her suffer like that.

That yee father for coming forwar' like tha'. T'was the just thing to do. I wish yee the best O luck tonight... keep the good book close, there be killers aboard. I just hope yee understan' tha' we may need ta send ya to davy jones locka today, being as yer a confirmed "nontownie", no matter how noble yer intentions may be.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Job 24:14 wrote: When daylight is gone, the murderer rises up and kills the poor and needy; in the night he steals forth like a thief.
And tell me, why should we allow a pirate to live? All you do is steal, loot and pillage. Not exactly righteous, but who am I to judge?
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Post by Nightcow »

draygn_mage wrote:Post restrictions suck.
:Yawn:

So, I notice Pooky isn't in this game. Interesting.

I have nothing to say now, but I'll use my other posts to better effect as we go on.

[1/10]
audacesiuvat
audacesiuvat
Goon
audacesiuvat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:33 am

Post by audacesiuvat »

Nightcow wrote:So, I notice Pooky isn't in this game. Interesting.
Pooky's the greatest player ever. We'd win for sure if he were around. Without his help, we're done for.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:49 am

Post by draygn_mage »

unvote, vote Nightcow

If you only have ten posts
Why waste one like that?
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:49 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ehm, duh, how sbouit not! COOOL MAN!, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...?! Doihh, COOL!, duh...uh...?
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:12 am

draygn_mage wrote:If you only have ten posts
Why waste one like that?
Image Image

Image Image

Quig
Quig
Townie
Quig
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:25 am

Post by Quig »

I think we should keep DrippingGoofBall in just for comedy value. He's got a quackingly funny restriction. I'm going to
Vote: Mastermind of Sin
because I can tell his posts are going to annoy me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”