Mini 1520: Neighborhood Mafia - Game over!

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini 1520: Neighborhood Mafia - Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Welcome to...

SetupThis is an open setup
1 town treestump

9 vanilla townies

1 mafia godfather

2 mafia goons

Daystart

aliveBolded = confirmed
notscience

morph the cat
FuDuzn
Sajin

Alduskkel

1baldeagle1

goodnight

Landmind

PrivateI
Balrog

Jake from State Farm

dead
MafiaSSK
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 1
Mac
-
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 1
DrDolittle
-
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 1
Espeonage
Sanhora
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 2
DrippingGoofball
-
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 2
Last edited by ThAdmiral on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:47 am, edited 20 times in total.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

rules1. This is a game. Have fun. Don't let things get personal.

2. During Day, you may vote for the player you want to lynch. Votes should be in the form
Vote: Player
or they may not be counted. It is helpful to "
Unvote
" when switching your vote to a different player, though this is not required.

3. Whenever a player has a majority in votes, that player will be lynched, his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin. Once a player has reached a majority, Twilight will begin. No votes or unvotes will be registered, although talking may continue until the thread is locked. You may also
Vote: No Lynch
; a majority will end Day without a death.

4. If discussion lags or Day goes on for too long, a deadline may be set. If no one has reached a majority at the deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched given that half the remaining players are voting, otherwise it will be a no-lynch.

5. During Night, players with role abilities may send targets for those abilities. Choices are due by the posted deadline, but day may start earlier if the choices are sent in early.

6. Don't edit/delete posts. Use the "Preview" button to look over your post before you submit it.

7. Don't quote any PMs from the Moderator.

Mafia, werewolves, masons, neighbors etc. are allowed to communicate by PM/QT at all times
(i.e. not just during the night phase). Otherwise, do not talk to anyone about this game outside the thread.

9. When you are killed you may make one final post (as long as it is simply an "oh well" type post that doesn't reveal any game information), but then you are dead. Do not talk until the game is over; this includes talking to living players outside the thread.

10. I will send out prods at my discretion/on request. Players may be replaced if a prod is not responded to.

11. If you have any question, complaint, or comment, PM the Moderator.

game specific rules
Treestumps are not considered "alive" and as such do not have a vote, they do not count towards the number of their faction for voting purposes or game ending conditions, and they cannot be blocked/killed/removed

- If there are 6 people in the game and one is a treestump it is as if there are 5 people in the game, and the majority required to lynch would be 3.
- If there are 5 people left in the game and they are 2 town, 2 scum and 1 treestump the scum wins because they comprise half of the living players.
- etc.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

role pms
1 [color=#0000FF]Town Treestump[/color] wrote:You are the Town Neighbourmaster!

Each night you may choose one player to add to your neighbourhood. Your neighbourhood has a max capacity of two players (other than yourself). You may replace a member of your neighbourhood, but only if they die. You may talk to the people in your neighbourhood at any time of day or night here.

Each night you may also give out one power role to each neighbour. If you do, this role must be used that night. You only have a limited supply of roles, and once you give one out it is gone.

The roles are all 1-shot, and they are:
- Bulletproof vest (if the player is shot that night they survive)
- Vig (the player chooses someone to shoot)
- Jailkeep (the player chooses someone who is blocked and protected)
- Watch (the player chooses someone: anybody who visits them with a night action will be revealed)
- Track (the player chooses someone: if they visit someone with a night action they will be revealed)
- Doc (the player chooses someone to protect)
- Nexus (any actions that target the player that night are redirected randomly to another player)

You are a treestump, and as such you do not have a vote, you don't count towards town numbers, and you also cannot be blocked/killed/removed.

Your role is very important and much will depend on your ability to choose wisely; both the players you add to your neighbourhood and the powers you give them.

You win when no mafia are left alive.

This game will be held in Coney Island, and here is a link to the game.
9 [color=#00BF00]Vanilla Townies[/color] wrote:You are a Vanilla Townie and you've got no special powers at night, unless of course you get chosen by the Neighbourmaster to become part of their neighbourhood. Otherwise your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think.

You win when no mafia are left alive (even if you are dead by that time), so try to lynch well!

1 [color=#FF00FF]Mafia Godfather[/color] wrote:You are the Mafia Godfather!

You are a member of the mafia with XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX, who are your goons. You may talk with your partners at any time of day or night here.

Each night your faction may choose a player to shoot and, hopefully, kill. You must also specify which member of the mafia is making the kill.

Each night you may also give out a power role to each goon. If you do, this role must be used that night. You only have a limited supply of roles, and once you give one out it is gone.
Note: you cannot give a role to yourself, so if you are the last remaining scum you cannot give out roles at all. Also note: for the purposes of watch/track/block roles the gifting of roles is not considered a "night action" and therefore will not be detected/blocked.

The roles are all 1-shot and they are:
- Ninja (the player is unable to be detected by watch or track roles)
- Strongman (the player's kill is not able to be stopped by any form of protection such as a doc protect, the player can however still be blocked)
- Roleblock (the player chooses someone who is blocked)

If you are killed in any way you come back as the Zombie Mafia Godfather, and you become a treestump. Any roles you have given out will be refreshed, and thus will be able to be given out again.

If you are a treestump you will not have a vote, you will not count towards the mafia numbers, and you also will not be able to be blocked/killed/removed.

During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched, and also hopefully get selected in to the neighborhood where you can wreak havoc from the inside! (However you obviously cannot be selected in to the neighborhood if you are in Zombie mode)

You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

The game will be held in Coney Island, and here is a link to the game.
2 [color=#FF0000]Mafia Goons[/color] wrote:You are a Mafia Goon, and are a member of the mafia with XXXXXXXX, who is your Godfather, and XXXXXXXX, a fellow goon. You may talk with your partners at any time of day or night here.

Each night your faction may choose a player to shoot and, hopefully, kill. You must also specify which member of the mafia is making the kill.

Each night your Godfather may also choose to give you a 1-shot power role to use that night. He can do this even when he is in Zombie form, so if this happens try not to be too freaked out by it.

During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched, and also hopefully get selected in to the neighborhood where you can wreak havoc from the inside!

You win (even if you personally are dead) when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Roles are all sent out!

Please feel free to confirm in the thread or by pm. Game will start when everyone is confirmed.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by notscience »

/confirm
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

/confirm
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

/confirmation
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Confirm.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by Sanhora »

Confirm (A)
"I'm on the side of money."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

What's with the (A)?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:16 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

/confirm. This is gonna be awesome.
You can find my meta on my wiki.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 am

Post by Mac »

confirm
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:27 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Sup
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
goodnight
goodnight
Townie
goodnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:21 am

Post by goodnight »

/confirm n stuff

And let me just say I am delighted to mention that this head will be V/LA until Saturday evening in the EST.
Hydra of goodmorning and Bulbazak.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:38 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Conf
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:40 am

In post 13, goodnight wrote:/confirm n stuff

And let me just say I am delighted to mention that this head will be V/LA until Saturday evening in the EST.
Can you sign your posts or something so we know who each head is?

Also who are the 2 heads?
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Landmind
Landmind
Townie
Landmind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Landmind »

Season's greetings, pals!
Can you sign your posts or something so we know who each head is?

Also who are the 2 heads?
That's the hydra of Goodmorning and Bulbazak, Jake. It's nice having you on board!

And speaking of Goodmorning and Bulbazak -- thanks go out first to Bulbazak, for his role in reviewing the setup and in the hydra 'Goodnight', as well as for his future role as a
secrets piñata
. VOTE: Goodnight. Live long and prosper, and deliver the
secrets of the setup
post haste -- you know what motivated it, you know what the great ideas at the center of it are, and now you get the chance to share that wonderful knowledge and let the whole world bloom.

I guess I'm just excited to play with you all -- so excited I can hardly speak! But what everybody here is probably really excited about is playing with someone with MafiaSSK's stellar lurking record and antitown playstyle -- god, just thinking about it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling all over my lower intestine. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Who can say if he's going to be the guy he's always been?

Spooky mechanical questions for Thad have gone out via PM, but because some ambiguities are better to air out in public, because some of you have probably already thought of them, and because these are the kind of pressing questions whose answers are likely to be the foundations of our collective strategy, you can see them here:
  • 1. Are roles issued on a per-night or per-neighbor-per-night basis? (Can the stump assign multiple roles per night if they're to different people?)
    2. Do nexii redirect strongmen? What happens if one is targeted?
    3. Can we refer to the treestump as a pumpkin?
Finally, I'd just like to let the pumpkin know in advance what it's probably realized already -- that speculating about who roles and invitations go out to will inevitably let our Sicilian buddies know what kind of super powers they need to deploy. They're nearly guaranteed to be watching the topic like hawks: there's no such thing as a PR tell or rolefishing, every one of their powers is situation-dependent, and, quite frankly, they get a lot of them, so they'll be willing to leap at chances. Six nights worth of them. So if it's at all possible, don't let in-thread discussion be the ultimate barometer for what decisions you make, and be daring-- the Icarus to our Daedalus, and to our kindly godfather's Helios. Because otherwise we're all dead.

Happy Halloween!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Landmind's a hydra, right?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 am

vote: landmind

Nice to play with me? Buddying noted
Show
Things I've learned.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

Game didn't start yet, guys...
You can find my meta on my wiki.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 am

the game has begun even if it hasn't begun, I once saw a game on here where people posted for like 20 pages in pregame lol
Show
Things I've learned.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 10, 1baldeagle1 wrote:/confirm. This is gonna be awesome.
Hope so. Enjoying the vote of confidence though.

In post 13, goodnight wrote:/confirm n stuff

Noted

In post 16, Landmind wrote:
  • 1. Are roles issued on a per-night or per-neighbor-per-night basis? (Can the stump assign multiple roles per night if they're to different people?)
    2. Do nexii redirect strongmen? What happens if one is targeted?
    3. Can we refer to the treestump as a pumpkin?
  • 1. Per-neighbour-per-night. Eg: it is night 2. Neighbourmaster selects a second player to add to his neighbourhood. He gives one of them a track ability, and the other one a watch ability.
    2. Nexii do indeed redirect strongmen.
    3. You'll have to ask the treestump.
Note: I didn't mention it anywhere, but once the game starts the treestump will be revealed.
Landmind
Landmind
Townie
Landmind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Landmind »

An ill wind rattles across the rooftops -- a creeping menace looms.
Alduskkel wrote: Landmind's a hydra, right?
I am a vacant body subject to the whispered dictates of two endlessly-circling ravens which shall remain nameless. They don't sign their posts and write everything collectively. Woo-oo-oo………
Jake from State Farm wrote: Nice to play with me? Buddying noted
Last I heard it, Mafia was all about finding new ways to turn strangers into friends and also bemused strangers. Have we been playing the same game?

Thad deserves a couple thanks for the great answers he gave -- great in this case meaning that they fit the questions asked -- and for moderation overall. Have a nice evening, pals, and let's all strive to have meaningful social contact in our daily lives!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 22, Landmind wrote:I am a vacant body subject to the whispered dictates of two endlessly-circling ravens which shall remain nameless. They don't sign their posts and write everything collectively. Woo-oo-oo………
And I'm a large celestial body generating energy through nuclear fusion. Wearing shades. What's your point?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:08 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Show
Things I've learned.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”