Mini 1525: Tales of The Abyss Mafia GAME OVER!

Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Mini 1525: Tales of The Abyss Mafia GAME OVER!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Welcome to Tales of the Abyss Mafia, a mini theme game for 13 players. Your mods are Cabd and Syryana, posting under the moderation hydra "Yulia Jue." Please note that any and all flavor is not indicative of alignment or game events; it's just from an awesome video game. Alignments and motives from the game (or anime) may or may not match alignments and motives in this game.

If you have any questions or concerns about anything in the game, with the exception of fixing vote counts, please PM the mod account. That inbox will be checked at least once every 24 hours. None of you are brand new, and we expect you to know the basic rules. For reference, the mod color is blue, you may have any other color. They'll be listed here for your convenience, just in case.

Spoiler: Full Rules Set
1. I don’t tolerate ad hom wars. If your posting is merely insulting a player without providing game content, you can expect a strike from me. Three strikes, you’re out. I’m fairly lenient about this, but posting “Fuck you” over and over again is simply not acceptable. Severe issues will be reported to the list mod(s).
2. If I say it violates these rules, it does. You can take it up with me postgame if you wish.
3. Play towards your win condition. Gambits are fine, directly harming your own team is not.
4. Once a lynch is reached, you may continue discussion until I lock the thread. No votes or unvotes will count after a lynch has been achieved.
5. A lynch is achieved as a majority of players voting for somebody. Half is not a majority.
6. Do not quote or pretend to quote any information you get from me via PM. This includes posting your role card verbatim. Paraphrasing is fine, as are role claims naturally.
7. Do not talk about this game anywhere else, or with anyone else.
8. If you have family that plays mafia with you, great. However, if there’s any overlap in computer usage, please PM me before the game starts so that we don’t have any accusation of alt cheating.
9. Do not discuss ongoing games in this thread. This includes games on sites other than mafiascum. This also includes using [redacted] as that loophole does not fly here.
10. I am rather lenient upon activity. You must post once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will earn you a prod. Respond to your prod within 24 hours, or face replacement. Three prods is also a force replacement.
11. This game uses bankable deadlines as outlined in that section.
12. I do not require unvotes. Your vote will be counted so long as you bold it or use the vote tag. Shorthand names are fine so long as it’s clear who the vote is for.
13. If you have a question, please PM me. I’m an addict that sits around on his inbox all day anyways. If a question is something that should be answered publically, I will make a post addressing it without naming who asked it.
14. If my vote count is wrong, you can PM me or post in the thread about it.
15. I do not fix tags or edit posts, even if you ask me to.
16. I reserve the right to add to these rules or modify them, but only when I post notifying all players in the game of the change.
17. Loophole abuse is all fun and games until I modkill you. Don’t try it.
18. Blue (This color at #0000FF)is my color. You are welcome to use any other color of the rainbow.
19. Encryption, text hiding, and the like are silly. Don’t do it.
20. Extensions will be granted at 48 hours per replacement, up to a total duration of 6 days max per game phase.
21. Do not use temporary information to convey messages. This includes your signature and your avatar, but is not limited to these things.
22. While putting your vote or unvote on its own line is helpful, it is not necessary and any attempts to game voting formatting will be dealt with as an attempt to cheat. If we think it was a vote, it was a vote.

Spoiler: View Bankable Deadline Rules
This game uses a bankable deadline system. The game starts with a pool of 400 hours. The minimum day length is determined by a formula: {(#alive-1)*24} Any leftover hours from the bank (which is frozen upon the hammer vote being placed) are carried over to the next day. On any given day, the deadline is the amount of hours remaining in the bank, unless that count is lower than the minimum for the day. Night deadlines are always 48 hours.

Important Setup Information:

1. This game is assured to have only two win conditions. This means there are no cults, jesters, survivors, or lynchers. You're welcome.
The town win condition is:
You win when all anti-town players are dead, and at least one town player is left alive.
2. In the event of any role overlap, the mafia role will be given priority.
3. Any role with limited uses that is blocked retains the use of that shot.

Player Roster:

pitoli
Nachomamma8
orcinus_theoriginal (1 prod)
MykonianMs Marangal
Tammy
Deacon Blues
MafiaSSK (1 prod)
Minami no Hana
The Rufflig
ProHawk
TheFuzzylogic99
Mac
Kazekirimaru

Those who have yet to have their fates read:
Spoiler: Living Roster
The Rufflig, Van Grants, Mafia Godfather/2-shot Rolecop, Wins Day 5

Those shown their death by the Score:
Spoiler: Dead Roster
MafiaSSK, Anise Tatlin, Town-Aligned 1-Shot Bulletproof Bodyguard, Lynched Day one

Deacon Blues, Jade Curtiss, Town-Aligned Necromancer, Killed Night one

orcinus_theoriginal, Luke fon Fabre, Town-Aligned Suicide Bomber, Exploded Day 2

mykonian, Nephry Osborne, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Killed Day 2

Pitoli, Mieu, Town-Aligned Cowardly Joat, Lynched Day 2
Tammy, Peony, Town-Aligned Title Vendor, Killed Night 2

Minami no Hana, Legretta, Mafia Bulletproof 1-shot Roleblocker, Lynched Day 3

kazekirimaru, Natalia, Town-Aligned Lover/Modified Innocent Child, Killed Night 3

Mac, Sync, Mafia Encryptor Neighbor, Lynched Day 4

ProHawk, Ion, Town 1-shot motivator, Killed Night 4
Nachomamma8, York, Town Miller Neighbor, Lynched Day 5.
TheFuzzyLogic, Town Neighbor, Endgamed Day 5.

Those that had funny looking faces:
Spoiler: Modkilled Roster
Let's hope nobody is this stupid.
Last edited by Cabd on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

All roles are now out. 48 hours to confirm.

(expired on 2013-12-02 23:14:00)
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

Cabd's Egopost
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Syryana »

Syry's Egopost!
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Cue mood music~

ND 2002: The One Who Would Seize Glory shall destroy the land upon which he was born. A land by the name of Hod.
War shall thereafter persist between Kimlasca and Malkuth Empire for a full cycle of seasons.

"Van! Vandesdelca! To me, quickly!"

Van dodged a stream of fire as the enemy fonists launched another barrage of the Fifth Fonon as he fought his way over to his master. "Yes, my lord Gardios?"

"The battle is lost, boy. Head inside and get the women and children and send them out the back entrance. Then-"

"Sir, I can still fight! I'll take every last one of these Kimlascan bastards down sir, I-"

"DAMN it boy, do as your told! Get them out and take yourself down to the facility in the basement. Tell Desmond this: 'Death cannot be healed; it is time for the twins to meet.' Remember it, boy. GO!"

Van nodded and dashed off into the manor. Lord Gardios turned toward the swarm of Kimlascans with the golden sword of his house held high. "Come and face me, Fabre! Cease hiding behind your fonists, or be known as craven among your own men!"

The deadly barrage of fonons ceased. The ranks of the Kimlascan army parted as a small retinue of men made its way to the fore, led by a man with fiery red hair. The man cocked his head and waved off his guards, cutting short the protest of his soldiers. "You want to face me personally, Gardios? Very well, let us see the famed Sigmund style you're so fond of..."

Meanwhile, young Vandesdelca found himself running in the long corridors of the Gardios mansion looking for the women and children he was to evacuate. His heart raced as he thought of the battle outside; he hoped Master Gardios would fare well without him. As he ran through the servants' quarters shouting for all to follow him, he rather vaguely noted that the halls were oddly empty. The fact unfortunately barely registered on his mind as he raced towards the Gardios family hallway, looking for young master Guy and his older sister Mary.

Finding himself at last in the hallway containing the rooms of the Gardios family, Vandesdelca began to search for Guy and Mary. He burst into Mary's room shouting "Mary, we've got to go, the-" He cut short as he noticed the room was empty. Puzzled, he backed out of Mary's room and checked Guy's room. This room was also empty, containing naught but clothes and young Guy's toys. It was obvious the room was but recently occupied; a small toy saber rattled slightly where it had been dropped but a few moments prior to his arrival in the room. Vandesdelca made to leave the room, but as he did so he heard a cheer coming from the open window on the opposite wall. He rushed eagerly to the window, hoping to see his comrades routing the Kimlascans. The sight that greeted him however, was that of a red-haired man waving an all too familiar golden sword back and forth in the air. Impaled upon the sword was the head of Van's master, Lord Gardios. Van's eyes blurred with tears and he very nearly jumped out the window to attack Duke Fabre. However the last order of his now dead master came back to him and he turned to head for the Gardios bedroom.

"Milady Mary! Master Guy! We must leave at on-" Van's voice died as he burst into the bedroom and beheld the sight inside. Three Kimlascan soldiers, their swords red with blood, stood leering over a pile of corpses. Every last one of the broken bodies were women; the soldiers had butchered every maid and servant in the entire house. On top of the pile was young lady Mary, her dress torn and her limbs bloodied and splayed. Van's eyes widened; all thought ceased. The first Kimlascan soldier's throat was torn out in the space of half a second; the man didn't even have time to draw his sword. The second managed to draw his sword, but the infuriated Van buried his saber deep in the man's chest before he could do any more. The third, shocked by the sheer speed and ferocity of Van's attack, tossed his sword away and cried "Mercy!". Van didn't even hesitate; leaving his saber embedded to the hilt in the second soldier's chest, he drew upon the Fifth Fonon to perform a Raging Blast on the third soldier, incinerating the man from the waist up. Breathing heavily, Van surveyed the wreckage of the room and retrieved his saber from the dead soldier's chest. After one last glance at Mary's broken body, he fled the room. Shortly after his departure, faint cries emanated from the center of the mass of death...

Van never really could remember how he found his way to the basement. He left a trail of Kimlascan bodies from the family wing all the way down; most of the unfortunates he'd come across died not even knowing who or what had killed them. The next clear memory he had was moving the set of crates covering the secret entrance to the basement facility. As he moved the final box off the top of the trap door, a woman burst out from behind the boxes swinging a small dagger. Van knocked the dagger out of her hand and had his saber halfway to her throat before he realized who it was.

"Mother?"

"Vandesdelca? Oh Van, it
is
you." She fell limp in his arms, relief evident on her face. "I thought... I thought you'd died out there! Where is Master Gardios? And Guy? Mary?"

Van's face twisted as he thought of his dead masters. "All dead. Guy and Mary were killed by infiltrating Kimlascan soldiers, and Master Gardios died in a duel with that bastard Duke Fabre. Master Gardios said I have to get to the lab downstairs; he had a final message for Desmond."

Van's mother nodded. "Let's go, Van."

The two of them shouldered open the trapdoor and headed down the staircase below. The staircase spiraled down a large stone column; the stairs appeared to go on for quite some time. About half a dozen steps down, Van pressed a seemingly ordinary stone in the wall. The wall made a slight hissing noise; a large section of the wall wavered and vanished, revealing a smooth chute. "The stairs are a distraction," Van explained at his mother's curious glance. "They don't actually lead anywhere, they end in a lake about 200 meters on top of the real lab. We go through here. Follow me." He jumped into the chute. After a few minutes, the chute leveled out and deposited Van on a soft pad. He rolled out of the way just as his mother came zooming out of the chute behind him. As he picked himself up and helped his mother off the ground, a group of soldiers followed by a scientist walked into the room.

"Vandesdelca!" the man in the back cried. "What has happened? Where is Master Gardios?"

"Dead, Desmond" replied Van shortly. "He gave me a message for you."

As Van repeated the message to Desmond, the man's eyes tightened. "So that's what it's come to, has it..." He nodded at the nearest soldier. "Follow me, Van."

As Van moved to follow Desmond, the soldier Desmond nodded to struck Van behind his left ear. The room went black...

Van awoke to find himself strapped to a chair, wires and other devices trailing from his head, arms and chest. He groggily registered his mother being held by guards elsewhere in the room and Desmond fiddling with some kind of control panel about five feet away. "What the hell is going on here, Desmond?" Desmond ignored him, continuing to type frantically at the control panel. Above, a giant glass sphere began to glow with white energy.

"That... is that the Seventh Fonon, Desmond? What's happening?" As he spoke, the room began to vibrate with a low hum. Desmond turned to look at him.

"We're going to wipe out the Kimlascans, Van. And we're using you to do it."

Van stared at the man. "How do you propose to do that?"

"By creating a controlled hyperresonance, of course. That sphere above is currently capturing a large amount of Seventh Fonons from the Fon Belt. When the level of fonons inside the sphere is great enough, we're going to have the Seventh Fonons inside you collide with them, creating a hyperresonance. The energy from the hyperresonance will be used to-"

"Are you
insane
? How the hell are you going to control a hyperresonance of that size?" Van yelled.

Desmond cocked his head. "Why do we need to control it? Everyone else is already dead. We're just killing the Kimlascans..." He slammed a lever up. The vibrations increased several fold; the glass sphere began to crack, glowing hotter than ever. "Good bye, Van." Desmond walked away.

Van struggled against his bonds to no avail. His mother appeared at his side with her dagger; the guards had run in terror at Desmond's calm announcement of their impending demise. She began to hack frantically at his restraints as the sphere cracked in several more places. "Van, I don't think we're going to make it out of here..."

Van looked at her calmly. "Yes, mother, we are." He raised his face to look at the straining, incandescently glowing sphere in the sky and began to sing. "Kuroa Ryuo Zue Toue Ryuo Rei Neu Ryuo Zue..."

The sphere exploded in a mass of white hot energy. The unleashed energy was incredible; it fountained out in a cascade of crashing tides consuming all in its path. Soldiers in its wake flashed to nothingness. Trees, houses, monuments; nothing living nor dead escaped as the wrath of the planet turned against them. Such was the magnitude of the calamity that a hole was burned in the outer shell of the planet itself, causing the remnants of the island of Hod to fall into the miasma-choked Qliphoth, the name for the lower shell of the planet. Among the ash and debris that was all that remained of Hod, a small dome glowed in the mud of the Qliphoth. Inside that dome were Van and his mother, who had been saved by the Fonic Hymn Van had begun to sing shortly before the Fonic Sphere had exploded. Ceasing his singing at last, Van stared at the hole in the sky that had once been his home.

"Mother, we need to get you to safety as soon as possible. Then, I have some business in Kimlasca..."

Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Vote Count 1.00

LUKE:

*Sigh* If they're not going to let me leave, they could at least try
and keep me amused. If I didn't get to train with Master Van, all I'd
do every day is eat, sleep and hang out with Guy. There's got to be
SOMETHING more interesting to do around here...

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Not Voting: Deacon Blues, The Rufflig, Prohawk, Tammy, Nachomamma8, TheFuzzyLogic, Ms. Marangal, Kazekirimaru, Minami no Hana, orcinus_theoriginal, MafiaSSK, Pitoli, Mac

Time Pool Left: 400 Hours Absolute deadline falls on Wednesday, December 18th, at 4PM GMT -7.
This is in (expired on 2013-12-18 16:00:00)

Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Ohai.

VOTE: Mac

Obvscum.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Post by pitoli »

/aggressively hums opening
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Ok I guess it's time to help the town win by unleashing my secret weapon. The power of fuzzy logic. Wait that doesn't sound right. :facepalm: Oh well lets get this party started .

Hi and Gl everyone.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vote: Mac
Mac wagon does seem approiate.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

any particular reason why a mac wagon is good.... errr appropriate
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Mac wagons don't go whack.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 11, MafiaSSK wrote:Mac wagons don't go whack.
Doubleplusgood.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

VOTE: MARANGAL
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 7, pitoli wrote:/aggressively hums opening
town
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VOTE: Mara
For not feeding her cat properly ;)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Wait. I'm supposed to be in hydra.
Meh ill quote it later.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:10 am

Post by Tammy »

Ha!

I'm town
I rule, you drool.

VOTE: nacho

Bring the good stuff!
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:12 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

hi guys
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:58 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 18, Deacon Blues wrote:hi guys
hi ffery
Minami no Hana
Minami no Hana
Goon
Minami no Hana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Minami no Hana »

In post 15, GuyInFreezer wrote:VOTE: Mara
For not feeding her cat properly ;)
In post 16, GuyInFreezer wrote:Wait. I'm supposed to be in hydra.
Meh ill quote it later.
As I promised!
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:32 am

Post by ProHawk »

VOTE: Kazikiri

Anxious Scum.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Mac »

vote: fuzzylogic

semi-serious. it's not rvs anyway. his opening felt awkward and i dont like his caution about an rvs wagon.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:36 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Why is that scummy, Mac?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 22, Mac wrote:
vote: fuzzylogic

semi-serious. it's not rvs anyway. his opening felt awkward and i dont like his caution about an rvs wagon.
Initial posts from his completed games:
In post 12, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:well since I am new to this site and do not know peoples playing style my vote will be random for the time being. Round 1 usually a guess anyways unless the mafia or werewolf player does something obvious to draw atention to themselves. Saying that

Vote Gnomeo
^^ Town
In post 20, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:@ Satan- whoever gets 5 votes within a day ( 14 days real time) get lynched.

vote Archie
just bc his stick figure gives me the creeps.
^^ Scum. Of note: Satan was his scumbuddy and Archie had put an rvs vote down on Satan.
In post 32, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I hate the RVS since it is usually meaningless ,,,, that is to say that there is not a lot of useful info is generated and scum slips are rare.

I have played Mafia off and on for years.... Im decent at it I guess but never really did much studying to get better than okay.
^^ Town

---

He comes off kind of awkward in RVS, and the last quote maybe explains why. Maaaaybe you have a point about the caution, but it looks to me like he's more willing to express caution as town than as scum, based on this somewhat sketchy survey of first-posts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”