Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1572 - The Network [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:34 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Mini 1572 -The Network.

Somehow, you find yourself yet again at the mercy of those who control from the shadows. What twisted project do they have in store now? It looks like....A graph? A network?
There's thirteen nodes on it, thirteen people seated around you, it's easy to figure out from there. So we're all connected then. What does that mean for the game?

Players Alive(6/13):

1. RedCoyote
4. Paschendale
5. Aegor
6. The Rufflig
SiX

9. snscompt1
11. StrangerCoug

Players Removed (7/13):

2. Nobody Special,
Vanilla Town
, lynched Day 1.
10. beastcharizard,
Vanilla Town
, corrupted Day 2.
7. cxinlee,
Mafia Godfather
, lynched Day 2.
3. idk,
Town Range Extender
, lynched Day 3.
12. Saki,
Town Conscripted Inventor
, lynched Day 4.
13. Snarky,
Town 1-Shot Hider
, backstabbed Day 4.
8. Porkens,
Town Mason
, corrupted Day 5.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:26 am, edited 21 times in total.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:37 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

1. Play the game to play the game. Abuse of the game mechanic is allowed and encouraged, abuse of anything else is not.
  2. Don't be an unnecessary jerk.
Spoiler: Full Rules List (if you're into that)
  1. The Moderator has the final say in any dispute. Refusal to accept these decisions may be considered a modkillable offense depending on the severity. Although the Moderator may be the official voice, the Moderator is not infallible. If there is a mistake or you have a question, do not hesitate to inform the Moderator through private message or through the use of bold text within the thread.
  2. Dark-Red
    and
    Indigo
    are the Moderator's colors. Do NOT use them. Doing so is considered impersonating the Moderator and is a punishable offense.
  3. Any and all communication with the Moderator must remain strictly confidential. It is acceptable to paraphrase, for actions such as role claims. If in doubt whether your paraphrase is acceptable, ask the Moderator and assume it is unacceptable until confirmed otherwise.
  4. Any flavor given throughout this game is not indicative of the game state, amount of factions, the alignment of any player, or any piece of the game setup.
  5. The use of timestamps in any way is considered quoting Moderator communication and therefore is prohibited. The order in which Role PM's have been sent has been randomized to directly combat this.
  6. Any personal communication outside of the game thread, unless clearly specified in your role PM, is
    strictly prohibited.

7. Do not post the links to any QuickTopics that may or may not be available within the game. Doing so is considered a modkillable offense.
  8. It is not permissible to quote any existing QuickTopics in game. It is also not permissible to edit posts within existing QuickTopics, unless it is confirmed that any other faction will never have access to said QuickTopic.
  9. All Quicktopics associated with this game will become public upon the game's end.
  10. [Subjective]Claiming to be scum, or someone's scumbuddy, is against any and all win conditions and therefore is prohibited. Either action is considered a modkillable offense.
  11. The use of invisible, small, or encrypted text is prohibited. Use your judgment, if it is unreadable by the Moderator, it is unacceptable.
  12. Using loopholes in the rules is considered against the spirit of the game and is a punishable offense. This does not refer to special game mechanics, merely the general gameplay rules. Example is faking a vote to trap players.
  13. Anything it is illegal to do is also illegal to fake.
  14. Modkills will be done in a fashion deemed most detrimental to your faction. Your faction will then be converted to
    Neutral Survivor
    , and as such are autolossed.
  1. As a general guideline, players should aim to post at least once every day (the more the better).
  2. If you anticipate an extended leave from the game, inform the Moderator either in thread or through a private message.
  3. Players who go for more than
    hours will be prodded. If you are prodded and do not respond within
    hours, you will be replaced.
  4. Players receiving more than
    prods throughout the game's entirety will be force-replaced. Replacements reset the prod counter.
  5. A
    flexible two week deadline
    will be instated at the beginning of each Day.
  6. Votes must be bolded or they will not be counted. (ex.
    Vote: PlayerName
    ).
  7. Unvotes must also be bolded or will not be counted (ex.
    Unvote
    or
    Unvote: PlayerName
    ). Unvotes are appreciated but not required.
  8. Shortening of usernames or the use of nicknames is acceptable in votes, but will only be counted if the Moderator can clearly distinguish which player you are voting for.
  9. It requires a majority of the currently available votes for a Lynch to occur. Majority is equal to half of the available votes plus one rounded down.
  10. If players so choose, they may vote for No Lynch, and No Lynch will be reached if at least 50% of the currently available votes are placed on No Lynch.
  11. Once the majority required for a Lynch is reached, votes are locked in place and cannot be rescinded. The same policy applies to No Lynches as well. Discussion during twilight, the period of time before the mod scene is posted, is acceptable.
  12. If at deadline there is no majority, No Lynch will occur. If there is a tie at deadline, No Lynch will occur.
  13. As soon as the Moderator posts your death scene, you are considered removed from the game. You may not post in the thread following this, with the exception of a single content-less "bah." post. It is acceptable for the Lynchee to post during twilight before their lynch scene is posted.
  14. Play to win, but remember this is a game. It is understandable to be aggressive, yet personal attacks will not be tolerated. Be considerate of the other players within the game, and hopefully enjoy it yourself!

1. This is a
    Closed
    Setup. I promise no Cults or Jesters.
  2. This is a
    Nightless
    Setup. Any actions submitted will resolve upon change of Day. Any actions with extended effects will have their length of effect specified within the player's Role PM.
  3. The players within this game are considered individual nodes in a connected network. These connections determine the flow and reach of abilities. (If your role has an ability, your Role PM will dictate available targets for any actions. This generally means that you will only be able to target people directly connected to you.)
  4. The layout of the network, including connections, is available for viewing in the first post. The numbering of the nodes represent the number of the player on the playerlist.
  5. You will inevitably pose questions about the mechanics in the game thread. If the Moderator has not answered them and has posted a more recent VoteCount, assume that question will not be answered.

Mod wrote:Welcome, PlayerName,
Node 00.
You can feel the energy flowing through this network, you can feel the darkness lurking here too.

Vanilla:
You have no special abilities.

Town Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive, whether you are alive or not.
[Standard Town Factional Win Condition.]

Game Topic is here: Mini 1572 - The Network.

Reply by PM to confirm you understand your role and win condition.

Last edited by kunkstar7 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Day One Begins.

Deadline for Day One is in (expired on 2014-05-16 14:09:09).
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Fri May 02, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Network.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Paschendale »

VOTE: Porkens

Because I'm hungry and he sounds delicious.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 am

Post by snscompt1 »

VOTE StrangerCoug
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 8:28 am

Post by snscompt1 »

Wait, no.
UNVOTE
VOTE cxinlee

Center of the board is scum. If it were town then scum wouldn't be able to communicate.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Pssh. Scum could be all on one side or the other.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 5, snscompt1 wrote:Wait, no.
UNVOTE
VOTE cxinlee

Center of the board is scum. If it were town then scum wouldn't be able to communicate.
The mechanic refers to targeted abilities. Chat is generally not a targeted ability. Why you gotta misrep the rules?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Aegor »

UNVOTE
VOTE cxinlee

That is some bad setup spec. Scum could have daytalk regardless of network position.

VOTE: cxinlee
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:51 am

Post by snscompt1 »

Shmeh shmeh. I figured it was enough for an RVS vote. There could be many different ways this game works.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 9, snscompt1 wrote:Shmeh shmeh. I figured it was enough for an RVS vote.
There could be many different ways this game works.
Hence the futility of setup spec, at least for right now.

I do not like your response.

VOTE: snscompt1
M A S Q U E R A D E
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:58 am

Post by snscompt1 »

Apparently no one does. *shrugs*
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 8, Aegor wrote:
UNVOTE
VOTE cxinlee

That is some bad setup spec. Scum could have daytalk regardless of network position.

Why did you vote CX here?
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:35 am

Post by SiX »

Let us all heed the voice of randomness.
Random.org wrote:Result:
VOTE:
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:38 am

Post by snscompt1 »

No no. No random.org please. That takes the responsibility of the vote off yourself.
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 am

Post by SiX »

In post 14, snscompt1 wrote:No no. No random.org please. That takes the responsibility of the vote off yourself.
It's an organized crime :D
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 12, Paschendale wrote:
In post 8, Aegor wrote:
UNVOTE
VOTE cxinlee

Why did you vote CX here?
Hmm...My preferred answer would have gotten me modkilled, so I will go with my general desire to build wagons.
M A S Q U E R A D E
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:37 am

Post by beastcharizard »

So I did a little work.

1:4, 10, 13
2:3, 5, 6, 7, 12
3:2, 7, 12
4:1, 7, 10, 11, 13
5:2, 6, 8, 12
6:2, 5, 7, 8
7:2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 11
8:5, 6
9:11, 13
10:1, 4, 7
11:4, 7, 9, 13
12:2, 3, 5
13:1, 4, 9, 11

5, 7, 13
2, 4, 8, 9
1, 6, 11, 12
2, 4, 6, 11
2, 4, 5, 13
2, 4, 5, 11
2, 4, 6, 13

Above is each nodes possible targets. I didn't use names because that is more than I felt like doing. I figure mafia has to be able to attack every player in the game. After everyone's target possibilities is every combination of numbers that allows everyone to be targetted. This of course excludes my own node possibilities because I am town. I didn't go above 4 because that would be too many mafia for balance imo. I don't know if I got them all but I think I did. If not point out what I missed.

2 out of the numbers 5, 6, 11, 13 have to be scum in order for my theory to be correct. It is my belief that we should lynch between these people. If we guess wrong at first then we will have a for sure lynch the next day. this guarantees 2 scum lynches in at most 4 days. If we lynch scum first then we have pretty much a confirmed town out of the other lynch option on the respective side. So if we lynch 5 and they flip scum then 6 is virtually confirmed town.

VOTE: Aegor

Lets start here.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Aegor »

Wait, so we should severely restrict our lynch pool based on the possibility that your setup speculation may be correct? I just am trying to make sure that you are, indeed, subscribing to play that would screw us over.
M A S Q U E R A D E
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

It is my opinion that we should lynch between those 4 people. This isn't out guess the mod this is logic. The scum have to be able to target every player in the game or else the game would be unbalanced. If there is a player the scum can't target with an action that would mean the player HAS to be lynched. Lynching is controlled by the town and is the only guaranteed power which we have. Making a town player only kill-able by a town power wouldn't be fair.

Do you believe that scum are not able to target everyone in the game?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 19, beastcharizard wrote:It is my opinion that we should lynch between those 4 people. This isn't out guess the mod this is logic.
It is outguessing the mod because your entire logical structure relies on outguessing the mod.
The scum have to be able to target every player in the game or else the game would be unbalanced. If there is a player the scum can't target with an action that would mean the player HAS to be lynched. Lynching is controlled by the town and is the only guaranteed power which we have. Making a town player only kill-able by a town power wouldn't be fair.

Do you believe that scum are not able to target everyone in the game?
The answer is completely irrelevant. I have no way of knowing. It would not surprise me if scum could target anyone. But that does not mean that the standard node structure applies to maf kills.
M A S Q U E R A D E
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Rule 3 of special mechanics says abilities follow the node. If that is not true then that rule would be useless. Since this is not a bastard game to my knowledge and I don't believe the Mod would lie to us by putting that into the rules.

Since you don't like my theory what is yours?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Aegor »

You misread:
In post 1, kunkstar7 wrote:The players within this game are considered individual nodes in a connected network. These connections determine the flow and reach of abilities. (If your role has an ability, your
Role PM will dictate available targets for any actions
. This
generally
means that you will only be able to target people directly connected to you.)
All the mod has to tell the maf is that NKs reach up to three nodes away and your theory is irrelevant. Why would you think the mod would design such an obviously broken game?

@Mod: Has this game been checked for balance?
M A S Q U E R A D E
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

The actions could mean that 5 can attack 9 because they have a partner connected to 9. That would explain the generally statement.

You say that is obviously broken but then why did no one say anything about it if it was so obvious?

I am going to assume you think I am town since you haven't said a single thing about my being scum yet.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

sns 5 wrote:Center of the board is scum. If it were town then scum wouldn't be able to communicate.
Seems like a strange assumption to make...

VOTE: snscompt1

---
SiX 13 wrote:Let us all heed the voice of randomness.
Wow, already scared to throw a vote out, huh?

---
beast 19 wrote:This isn't out guess the mod this is logic.
This is
exactly
outguess the Mod, beast. I mean, I don't think you're scum for this because this is well thoughtout. I appreciate your thinking outside the box, but I wholly disagree with you here. Your concept is a reasonable one, but I just do not think the Mod would make it so the scumteam had to touch every node possible. I also think you're discounting the possibility of having the power to travel across two nodes or the scum being able to transfer the use of their abilities to a scumbuddy node. There's just so many logical ways I could see that could get around your hypothesis that the scum team must touch every node.

One other thing, look at the wording the Mod used in rule number 3 specifically, beast:
  • Mod 1 wrote:This generally means that you will only be able to target people directly connected to you.
I take the word generally to mean that there can be exceptions to this rule. I mean, you may be right, but I'm certainly not going to base my first vote off of this. If it just so happens that 5, 6, 11 or 13 is the most scummy player today, then sure, I'll consider this as one factor, but it definitely will not be a primary concern for me.

Good townreads on beast and Aegor so far.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”