PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 999, ToastyToast wrote:I enjoyed reading the scum thread as well (yay at not getting night killed because you thought I was a sure Iece vote <3; I was really suspicious when Xayzeck was killed over me).

One of the problems is perception. As I write this, I had 89 posts, and most were not prod dodging (which I personally don't like doing as town, much less as scum) and only a few were fluff. The three higher posters above me were all town, and my style in general does not lend towards multiple posts, mostly.

The problem was everyone was pretty town. I felt like any push I made was based on nothing (because they were), and trying to sheep or buddy any one player I felt would have been obvious, especially as I would then have to do it for each mislynch.

I had no problem talking in the scum QT, because I was trying to solve the scum-problem of too many townies. :P

But seriously, I had to count on/drive/encourage/make happen a mislynch, then have a successful NK like 5 times in a row while dodging a billion town PRs.

I shot players that would make any NK analsysi hard, I think.

Gemini- Sharp hydra- did not want 2 heads scumhunting.
Strangercoug- he was listed as town in Sal's reads list. His town flip would give that list more credence, so when I used it for cases/WIFOM, it would match up. Plus, he played well with Nacho (and most everyone else).
Dry-fit- lack of scumreads on him meant no way was I going to get a mislynch. Also, as an outlier, hoped would not be receiving any PR attention. Plus his spot in the Sal "nulls" group would maybe think town was missing something. I don't know if this kill was optimal, but it seemed the best at the time.
Xayzeck- being cleared by CTD kind of killed my traitor dreams. And I didn't think he was scum. And the guy posted, a lot. And if the one guy who did think he was scum (CTD) decided he probably wans't, it was time for him to go. Also, his flip would still NOT confirm CTD as town, so minimal damage was the key.
Also, was still hoping for an Iec mislynch. He'd been the prior day's top guy, so why kill what you can hang.
Was definitely worried about the BP.

Last day was still going to vote for CTD. How you can read Ttoasty's posts and not think he was scumhunting and town is beyond me.

Of course, I was the INFORMED MINIOTIRY, so I had scum-colored glasses. :lol:

@RC
- Great game!! I liked the theme, I liked the mechanics, and I even liked the dead thread
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 996, CrashTextDummie wrote:Thanks for the game! I think part of the reason why this game was so low energy has to do with there only being 1 scum for most of it. It's frustrating trying to look for connections when there aren't any and most people looked decently town. But yeah, I don't think anyone's going to be accused of being a try-hard off the back of this game.

I really liked the set-up and the theme, though I think it would have been better as an open. And while RC's modding was occasionally a bit sluggish, I really like the running commentary he did in the dead PT and wish more mods would show that kind of interest in their own games.

Kudos to Toasty for making the right decision in the end, as I was dreading any kind of endgame featuring Iece or Toasty town. Last time I was in that situation with both of them, they eventually correctly lynched me because I strongly defended my buddies (Iece apparently doesn't remember as he referenced the game but didn't recall any details, but it certainly remains in my memory ;) ). I was honestly surprised that my defense of Salamance wasn't really brought up until the last day at all, and even then only in passing.

I suppose there's humor in the fact that not only did three townies cause the D4 no-lynch, but that they were all thinking (to some extent) that they were in lylo. I really was pretty furious at the time, but I'm glad I decided to stick with it and not replace out.

Hope to see you all soon in another game. :)

I remembered the game and winning, but just not who I lynched to make that happen. I forgot that it was Toasty there too, though. o.O
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Iec, we really have played together a lot though. It HAS been a while so I don't blame you. I should check our game history.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:33 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Pere, I can sympathize with that. It was an uphill battle for you all the way without a partner. On the other hand, as CTD alluded to, it makes it tougher on the town when they kill a scumpartner so early. They have a little bit of Sal to work with, but as time goes on... Sal is just going to become less relevant in your mind. That's just human nature, I think. People are going to slight you or do something recent that you see as scummy, and it's necessarily going to outweigh past stuff. Mafia is funny like that. Town's can often times hurt themselves by killing scum too early in the sense that there's just little relationships to work off of.

I would love to run something like this as a large theme (and ditching the one-of-every-sign concept as this angle didn't really lead to much complexity in the first place and there are only 12 anyway), but a couple of things will hold me back from doing it any time soon. For one thing I'm just spending a little less time on the website. For another, large games are becoming so daunting to me as of now. I'm hoping the site as a whole has the pendulum swing back the other way toward less, uh, silly (or, at least, less prominent silliness) and ostentatious posting styles. That's a whole other can of worms, but I just wanted to say it out loud!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

Nacho was like "this implicates PereV" before Sala had even flipped, but then no one (even Nacho!) would vote him with me for the next several days. :(
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1004, Iecerint wrote:Nacho was like "this implicates PereV" before Sala had even flipped, but then no one (even Nacho!) would vote him with me for the next several days. :(

Yeah, having me as scum all day and then shooting outside of it was weird before his flip. With his flip it became weirder, and would best be explained by a 3 scum team, with my and Xay as designated mislynch by the "2 remaining scum". As the game progressed, this would be harder to back up, obviously. One of the reasons I posted was to try to establish that Sal was keeping his scumbuddies in the null.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1003, RedCoyote wrote:Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Pere, I can sympathize with that. It was an uphill battle for you all the way without a partner. On the other hand, as CTD alluded to, it makes it tougher on the town when they kill a scumpartner so early. They have a little bit of Sal to work with, but as time goes on... Sal is just going to become less relevant in your mind. That's just human nature, I think. People are going to slight you or do something recent that you see as scummy, and it's necessarily going to outweigh past stuff. Mafia is funny like that. Town's can often times hurt themselves by killing scum too early in the sense that there's just little relationships to work off of.

I would love to run something like this as a large theme (and ditching the one-of-every-sign concept as this angle didn't really lead to much complexity in the first place and there are only 12 anyway), but a couple of things will hold me back from doing it any time soon. For one thing I'm just spending a little less time on the website. For another, large games are becoming so daunting to me as of now. I'm hoping the site as a whole has the pendulum swing back the other way toward less, uh, silly (or, at least, less prominent silliness) and ostentatious posting styles. That's a whole other can of worms, but I just wanted to say it out loud!

I get it.

If you run it as a large theme (and only because the large theme queue is 20x faster), you can recruit 2 of each sign if possible. If not, you can just assign 2 of each sign, leaving 24 players. :idea:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they