mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Oh! How could I forget?
In post 1769, mastin2 wrote:And you're the fucking bastard that blocked me last night.
This has to be my favorite, too.

So I misinterpreted my "no result" to mean I was BLOCKED, but I was correct:
Bulbazak was the mafia role who caused me to not see Shiny Hydreigon's killer.

WORSHIP ME!
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by DOMO »

Shouldn't you have been told who visited shiny the night he got killed?
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

I take it town won.
gg.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Look up what a ninja is, DOMO. :P

ArcAngel9's "no result" is misleading, because most mods who give watchers a result of nobody visiting say "nobody visited", but the effect's the same.

Needless to say, I am very, very happy with my performance this game. Everything from my scumreads to my townreads to guessing Bulbazak being the role preventing me from seeing the kill.
My academy.
Agnigi
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks for the game, everyone! Gaiden's hammer senses tingled all game long and he carried for most of the game. His sense for hammering is real, alright. I was very off or disengaged, but Gaiden prodded me just enough to get us by on the day we reached L-1!

Rest of the town carried, We owe You for Our survival. All of you.

There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:20 pm

If not for DOMO's turnaround, We would be plodding along as a week-long Lynch -1 wagon.
There is only Us
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by DOMO »

Oh yeah ninja. Durrr.

And yeah both you and kitty were excellent. This is my worst game at this site for some time, but it still wasn't a disaster. I tunnelled hard, and got reads, which were mostly correct, so I'm satisfied.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Fun fact: I read that not_mafia hammered this morning, and I had already begun wondering last night why he had started lurking ever since he voted me.
There is only Us
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 2731, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:If not for DOMO's turnaround, We would be plodding along as a week-long Lynch -1 wagon.

Scum were fucked really because town were very good at being town. As soon as I realised you were bert, that helped me read you better.
KittyCupCake
KittyCupCake
Goon
KittyCupCake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by KittyCupCake »

Yay! Great game everyone. Our town was sooo good.

Looking at night actions, thanks DS for being my bodyguard. And :mad: at NM for trying to stop my bodyguard.

@Tammy: Hi! It's good to see another familiar face. -I think I'll be around here for a while, so we should be able to get in a game together at some point.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Tammy »

:)
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Well, this was definitely our game to lose. We didn't really work together in any meaningful way.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Also, I nominated us for a scummie, because let's face it. Three scum dead in three days with just a modkill interrupting, all town PRs acting solidly for the most part, and yet the win not being thanks to PRs but being thanks to smart scumhunting.

Not every game you get to see that kind of massacre.
My academy.
Agnigi
Doubleslap
Doubleslap
Goon
Doubleslap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:22 pm

Post by Doubleslap »

In post 2735, KittyCupCake wrote:Looking at night actions, thanks DS for being my bodyguard. And :mad: at NM for trying to stop my bodyguard.

yeah we were so sure you'd get lynched which is why we bodyguarded you twice so that's why i started suspecting you
and then i said a really shitty explanation for why and well, im glad it was caught because marquis was right about bulba haha
marquis sitting next to me going all "I told u so!!!"

"Although each slap is weak, this attack hits the target two to five times in succession."
A hydra of Marquis and Seohyun.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Yeah, I didn't think we were going to win this.

In post 2718, DOMO wrote:Now tell me it wasn't a fucking fake crumb.

It wasn't a fake crumb. I realized that there was no way to push Mastin as scum after the Pine flip, as that absolutely cleared her, and that I'd realize that as town. I would have said that regardless of my alignment. And I don't crumb.

In post 2726, mastin2 wrote:Oh! How could I forget?
In post 1769, mastin2 wrote:And you're the fucking bastard that blocked me last night.
This has to be my favorite, too.

So I misinterpreted my "no result" to mean I was BLOCKED, but I was correct:
Bulbazak was the mafia role who caused me to not see Shiny Hydreigon's killer.

WORSHIP ME!

Were you right? Yes. Was it a natural progression? No. Your read on me was pure stubborness and tunnel vision since everyone started calling you out on it d1. You held onto it and justified it so much that there was no way you were ever going to leap off of me or reevaluate me, regardless of my alignment. Your accusation that I blocked you is evidence of that, as you are smart enough to know that if I thought you were a PR, I would have killed you. I fear you as scum, Mastin. My strategy tends to be to buddy up to you so you'll leave me alone. The only reason I didn't do that in this game is because your early play d1 was weak. Everybody in the scum PT saw it, and we took advantage of it. It backfired, but don't even think you were on top of your game here, because we all recognized you were not.

Also, the only reason Shiny was killed d1 was because Pine really wanted it. I wanted to keep Wisdom alive for the noise alone and instead wanted to kill Kitty. Mastin was an automatic kill after she revealed she was a PR in her attack on me. Farside was essentially a low information kill and a way to make sure she wasn't around for late game.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Doubleslap
Doubleslap
Goon
Doubleslap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Post by Doubleslap »

kitty would have been a better kill...probably
considering we bodyguarded her
and our death would probably be more 'random'
idk

"Although each slap is weak, this attack hits the target two to five times in succession."
A hydra of Marquis and Seohyun.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Yeah... I didn't think a Shiny kill would hurt too much, as we'd have the paranoia from all his random scum reads, and I really didn't want to argue too much. D1 kinda killed my enjoyment, and I was just trudging through. I find it ironic that the game I was looking forward to ending my hiatus with ended up being the one I dreaded, while the one I randomly joined for lols, and the actual first game back, ended up being the one I enjoyed posting in. I don't know whether it was the soulcrushing first day, the modding, or that I'm wondering whether I still have it as scum, but this game was agonizing to play.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6515199#p6515199]post 2740[/url], Bulbazak wrote:Your read on me was pure stubborness and tunnel vision since everyone started calling you out on it d1. You held onto it and justified it so much that there was no way you were ever going to leap off of me or reevaluate me, regardless of my alignment.
Dead-wrong, as a look at the dead-PT will show. Never. Do I EVER.
Not
reevaluate. I reevaluate to a fault, even. :P I was SPECULATING that you were scum, and I made some (ultimately correct) GUESSES on who your scumbuddies would be if you were scum, but I also individually scumread Pasch (especially later, when I gave up on associatives) and Pine (who basically I didn't have directly tied to you at all).

I constantly reevaluate. I constantly reanalyze. I doubt myself more than almost any other player on the site. Now postgame, I
joked
about "Worship me" (do you really have that low an opinion of me that you'd think I'd actually be that arrogant? :P), but the simple fact is that while I had a generally good hold on this game, I certainly didn't have an iron-hard grip. I distinctly recall a period in our exchange, even when I don't think I was calling you scum, but was just venting my own frustrations.

Ultimately, though, it isn't that I pushed you unrelenting. Quite the opposite. Know why I switched to Pine D1? Because
my read on you had weakened
. I was pushing you less and less as D1 progressed, rather than more and more. That's not stubbornness. That's me losing my confidence, but not as directly showing it.

...And by the way. The main reason that I had a scumread on you was because you had a scumread on me. Now, that wasn't a problem originally...but I was dropping 'crumbs basically every-other post. Iso me for "view", "see", references to being old, "watch", and so on (no, seriously, think of any possible vision, eye, sight, or elderly thing; I used most); I was 'crumbing left-and-right, and you had JUST (no, literally, JUST) posted in the dead QT of my game that you had picked up on EddieFenix's breadcrumbs, so I absolutely refused to believe that a town-you couldn't have seen them, thus, that you were scum. (In short, your posting how perceptive you were in Hilariously-Unbalanced gave away how your seeming lack-of-perception this game was an alignment-tell.) And I was right, no?

Your accusation that I blocked you is evidence of that, as you are smart enough to know that if I thought you were a PR, I would have killed you.
Hey, I had a result that to me implied I had been roleblocked. ("No result" almost never means "nobody visited".) So I "knew" the action had happened. The how was in question, and I concluded that killing Shiny and blocking PR-me was the most likely result. You being the roleblocker was just an "ah, what the hell, it might as well be him" type of moment. :P (A lucky, if ultimately mostly-correct, guess.)

The only reason I didn't do that in this game is because your early play d1 was weak. Everybody in the scum PT saw it, and we took advantage of it. It backfired, but don't even think you were on top of your game here, because we all recognized you were not.
Thinking that my play D1 was weak and admitting it backfired is...kinda mutually exclusive, you know. Keep in mind I knew I was never getting lynched with my claim thanks to how heavily I was 'crumbing it and how strong the role was. I actually rather enjoy scum underestimating me. My reputation has
generally
gotten to the point where they don't do that anymore, but you did this game. I was never in danger. I was never in risk. I wasn't always in control of the game, mind you, but as town I never am; I don't like to control towns.

Plus, it's as I said in the dead PT. My townplay throughout 2014 has suffered because there's been a lack of scumplay interlaced with it. By being so monotonous with more role PMs, it's kinda hard for me to get into the mindset to excel--especially IN the earlygame. I mostly just sort-of throw stuff around and see what sticks. It just so happens that "throwing around stuff to see what sticks" is at minimum moderately-effective, and in this game, critically effective.

Basically, in this game, I have nothing to be ashamed of, nothing that I can think of to regret. Other than maybe how much I pushed Romi's slot near the beginning. (Something which, mind you, didn't stick mainly because you, Pasch, and Pine, all individually, were posting things I found to be suspicious. Had he been around, then it's quite possible I would have held onto my scumread there longer than I did, but I'd like to think that I'd know from my list and the interactions that he was the town name in you four anyway.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2743, mastin2 wrote:
...And by the way. The main reason that I had a scumread on you was because you had a scumread on me. Now, that wasn't a problem originally...but I was dropping 'crumbs basically every-other post. Iso me for "view", "see", references to being old, "watch", and so on (no, seriously, think of any possible vision, eye, sight, or elderly thing; I used most); I was 'crumbing left-and-right, and you had JUST (no, literally, JUST) posted in the dead QT of my game that you had picked up on EddieFenix's breadcrumbs, so I absolutely refused to believe that a town-you couldn't have seen them, thus, that you were scum. (In short, your posting how perceptive you were in Hilariously-Unbalanced gave away how your seeming lack-of-perception this game was an alignment-tell.) And I was right, no?

You're forgetting that I know Eddie personally and know how he thinks. Your watcher crumbs flew over my head, as if I'd have seen them, I'd have made sure never to push you. Eddie started pushing Sonic about his cop claim and role PM in that game, which screamed cop. I was surprised no one else saw it, because that was indicative of someone who was knowledgeable about what a cop role PM should say. As far as all the other roles in that game, I was way off. I had no clue that Voided was also a cop, and I townread him on his own merits. I townread ProHawk and misread Nazerene based on what I thought was a mason crumb, but ended up being insignificant. In fact, I was lamenting about how I always tend to leap to certain conclusions and tend to be wrong. My Kitty-inventor read in this game was proof of that. Heck, I actually considered you being masons with TW for awhile, but I discarded that when I looked back through TW's ISO and saw that he voted for you. If you would have said things like "You're never going to lynch me.", I might have caught on, but I was not looking for you slipping the word "watch" in occasionally, and so I missed it.

Just so you know, I don't actively look for PR tells. I'm actually more likely to catch soft claiming than crumbs.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2744, Bulbazak wrote:If you would have said things like "You're never going to lynch me.", I might have caught on, but I was not looking for you slipping the word "watch" in occasionally, and so I missed it.
Umm...I did? On D1, even. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Just near the end of D1 in fact.
In post 1708, mastin2 wrote:When I flip, you'll see why.
Can't get much more explicit than "when I flip".
In post 1705, mastin2 wrote:The dressings are different, but the basic methodology is similar enough to get a good view, and I'm the kind of person who lets people in to see me.
Simply put, I'm being a bit smug this game because it's
painfully
obvious I am town for those who look and see like I do. (I also know the scum are going to nightkill me sooner rather than later, so I don't even have to be particularly worried about being wrong on a read or two. They'll still want me gone.)
And here I was basically admitting I was a PR, too.
In post 1703, mastin2 wrote:Fact is, you're scum because you're not seeing the tells, whereas if you were town you would. I don't need to say what the tells are, but they exist literally everywhere in my iso. Anyone watching the game as closely as I do would see them, you most of all.
And here I spelled out, both my reasoning and my role.
In post 1596, mastin2 wrote:And again...if you were town? You'd see what was town in there. That was the first post in which it was clearly shown, but I've only made it more and more obvious since then. So much so, that I don't think that I'd really be able to quote even close to all the signs. Maybe the strongest of them, or maybe the ones most strongly showing the town trend, but there's so. many. points. That I literally find it impossible for a town-you to not see what I see.
I can say it a million times over, and my response each time only grows stronger. Some people being blind and not seeing what I see I can understand. Not from you.
And here.

I'm sure if I looked through my iso, there'd be more.

You kinda dropped the ball, Bulb, in not seeing it. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Thanks for modding ArcAngel, this was a very fun game from day 3 when Farside and Domo broke my apathy lock, my play today was to evade an NK, hope Kitty got killed or I blocked the kill, and put the game in autowin, didn't know how to handle PR spec and mass claim talk without coming off as PR so I just lurked
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 447, Shiny Hydreigon wrote:Rom is town

Bulba/Pasche/x, with x being likely pine

R~

^^

good game
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:11 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

It was like the entire town had some kind of Physcic abilites.. how they hell they nailed the entire mafia team on D1. Mastin played really well and also Shiny Hydreigon. I felt sorry for Scum team. Everyone made very hard them to survive.
And a huge applaud from my side to bulba for surviving till day 4 in that gutter nonsence. I don't think it is easy to carry scum game especially against a solid town who nailed the scum team on D1.

With that said. More credits for Bulba for a great game and Great job by town. this was the one of strongest town i ever seen. And Sorry Total Wreck you got mod-killed but rule is a rule and i must obey my rules.

I take this moment Thank Anti-hero for being my god father in modding. He always helped me reviewing my games and rules. I love him so much for this. Please please please.. If you like this game. You should thank him for me but not me :)

And I would like to take open feedback on Setup. Although Anti reviewed it earlier , he had different thoughts and I slightly modified it for balance. I want to your opinions so that next game I will do my best :) Thanks a lot again for giving me this opportunity to host a wonder theme game that reminded my childhood.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c