Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:57 am

Post by Wisdom »

Thanks for modding, Arc, I enjoyed the flavor :)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2718, DOMO wrote:Now tell me it wasn't a fucking fake crumb.

Yeah, I was so paranoid about you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:12 am

Post by farside22 »

I played terrible this game. Day 1 really threw me off and it went downhill from there.
Good job Domo, kcc and mastin.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:20 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 2751, farside22 wrote:Yeah, I was so paranoid about you.

My fake claim today was designed entirely to make you more paranoid, even though you'd been NK'd haha
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2720, DOMO wrote:haha from dead thread...

In post 14, Wisdom wrote:No domo, I'm following along thinking you're being stupid

I know exactly what this relates to... my tunnelling of wreck. Yeah that was dumb, seeing as I didn't eventually town him.

yep that was in response to

In post 1904, DOMO wrote:I hope shiny is reading along thinking "fuck yeah domo"
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:49 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 2740, Bulbazak wrote:It wasn't a fake crumb. I realized that there was no way to push Mastin as scum after the Pine flip, as that absolutely cleared her, and that I'd realize that as town. I would have said that regardless of my alignment. And I don't crumb.

Ok well I believe you now! I guess it was a lucky hit. I suppose the meta thing that I found in shiny's links was lucky too?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:50 am

Post by DOMO »

I suspect that was more a tell that you're unaware of. t wasn't so much activity, more accurately, the enthusiasm, or lack of it.
KittyCupCake
KittyCupCake
Goon
KittyCupCake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:52 am

Post by KittyCupCake »

@ArcAngel: I thought the setup was perfect.

@mastin: That reminds me, when I asked which you'd "prefer" out of tracker, doctor, roleblocker, and vig... was tracker an
honest
answer from you, or were you actually hinting at your role? -Because I marked you down as an info role based on that, and I'm wondering if we were actually on the same page there?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:58 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 2752, farside22 wrote:Good job Domo, kcc and mastin.

I got lucky. I did ok in the end, but I was late to pretty much every scum party. I towned all three of them at one stage. But while I can be fiercely stubborn, I'm also more than capable of huge 180's. I'm just happy to see that my tunnelling worked, for the most part. I realise that I was probably annoying people at times, I'd feel bad about that if I wasn't getting anywhere.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Wisdom »

I should prolly apologize for my annoying D1 play as well. I just needed some way to read people and reactions to extreme things is one that works for me.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:43 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 2742, Bulbazak wrote:Yeah... I didn't think a Shiny kill would hurt too much, as we'd have the paranoia from all his random scum reads, and I really didn't want to argue too much. D1 kinda killed my enjoyment, and I was just trudging through. I find it ironic that the game I was looking forward to ending my hiatus with ended up being the one I dreaded, while the one I randomly joined for lols, and the actual first game back, ended up being the one I enjoyed posting in. I don't know whether it was the soulcrushing first day, the modding, or that I'm wondering whether I still have it as scum, but this game was agonizing to play.

This was my first game back after a hiatus, too, and all the bullshit on day 1 just made me hate it. I get some big attack on me on day 1 pretty much every game and then everyone decides not to listen to me for the rest of the game. I honestly might just quit playing entirely. My writing style apparently makes me basically dead weight in every game.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Pine »

Okay, I let others have their say first

I'm ragey because I feel that the case against me was utter and complete bullshit

I did
nothing
that I wouldn't have done as Town. Nothing. The case on me was built on personal antagonism and aggressive argument from repetition. I felt personally singled out for non-game-related things, and did not appreciate it.

I'd like to clarify again that pretty much everything I did was completely unassociated with being scum. I was genuinely hard up for time, lurking not on purpose, thought SH was trying to control discussion and stifle dissent, and that the case against me was bullshit

Then I do go active, put up some reads, and get quicklynched. You were right for all of the wrong reasons

The egos in this game were outrageous.

Unbookmarking, because I'm more likely to have an aneurysm if I argue this more
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

maybe you're right, but it should be realized that scum are not only caught by logic cases. Maybe you would react to my playstyle the same way if you were town. But it wouldn't be the exact same. There would be some hint of you trying to figure out what I'm doing, even minimal. When I saw that there wasn't any, I was pretty sure you were scum. There are little things like that that I look for rather than sheer logic and arguments.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by DOMO »

pine...

In post 602, DOMO wrote:Who the fuck has a shit before eating?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2762, Wisdom wrote:Sometimes I get lucky.

I couldn't agree more
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:19 am

Post by DOMO »

pine I understand it's frustrating to be lynched as scum on d1, but complaining about bullshit case and all that waa waa, I don't often see town complaining like that, and a town lynch is pretty much always a bullshit case.

You got lynched because you were scummier than most others. Play better imo.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Wisdom »

umm nope. luck has nothing to do with it
Doubleslap
Doubleslap
Goon
Doubleslap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Doubleslap »

In post 2761, Pine wrote:I'd like to clarify again that pretty much everything I did was completely unassociated with being scum.

it's fine to feel "caught for the wrong reasons" as scum but if you seriously think that you were doing it all right and covered all your weak spots then you're mistaken. i don't mean to sound patronizing but if you think playing scum is just about focusing on all these textbook things and curbing tells and whatever, and not about acting sufficiently genuine honest and open then you got caught

i mean the main reason i have scumwins is because i focus on trying to sound honest and genuine no matter what. even if my reads are bullshit and controversial, even if my posts are short and lurky, and even if the summary of my play hits typical wiki scumtells that you'd normally avoid, if i can get at least one or two people to think i actually believe the shit i say, it spreads and i'm good.

"Although each slap is weak, this attack hits the target two to five times in succession."
A hydra of Marquis and Seohyun.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2756, DOMO wrote:I suspect that was more a tell that you're unaware of. t wasn't so much activity, more accurately, the enthusiasm, or lack of it.

I used to enjoy playing as scum. I don't know what happened. Also, Playing Card Mafia is a bad scum game to meta me by. I walked away after 1 post to watch a movie, came back and found a wagon on me. I ended up fighting for my life the entire game. Maybe it's an example of my tenacity, but it's not an example of a good scum game on my part.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:16 am

Post by House »

In post 2760, Paschendale wrote:
In post 2742, Bulbazak wrote:Yeah... I didn't think a Shiny kill would hurt too much, as we'd have the paranoia from all his random scum reads, and I really didn't want to argue too much. D1 kinda killed my enjoyment, and I was just trudging through. I find it ironic that the game I was looking forward to ending my hiatus with ended up being the one I dreaded, while the one I randomly joined for lols, and the actual first game back, ended up being the one I enjoyed posting in. I don't know whether it was the soulcrushing first day, the modding, or that I'm wondering whether I still have it as scum, but this game was agonizing to play.

This was my first game back after a hiatus, too, and all the bullshit on day 1 just made me hate it. I get some big attack on me on day 1 pretty much every game and then everyone decides not to listen to me for the rest of the game. I honestly might just quit playing entirely. My writing style apparently makes me basically dead weight in every game.

Before you quit, if you really don't want to quit, try changing your avatar first.

Personally, I would spend as little time as possible on your posts, and the time I spent reading them I was annoyed because there is just something I don't like about it. If people tend to have that reaction, even on a subconscious level, it could well be affecting how they read your posts.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:11 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2757, KittyCupCake wrote:@mastin: That reminds me, when I asked which you'd "prefer" out of tracker, doctor, roleblocker, and vig... was tracker an
honest
answer from you, or were you actually hinting at your role? -Because I marked you down as an info role based on that, and I'm wondering if we were actually on the same page there?
Little bit of column A, little bit of column B. :P I do hate the vig role, so wouldn't want that. Doctor's not my favorite role given that I'll often be the one NEEDING one, but woulda been higher if not for being a watcher. Tracker and roleblocker are both about equal, in that they require blocking specific scum to be useful, so are only mildly helpful, circumstances depending. But tracker+watcher beat roleblocker+watcher. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by DOMO »

How can anyone not like being vig? You get to shoot annoying people.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

I don't policy-vig.
Ever.

I like to shoot scum, but utterly lack the confidence in my competence to do so.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Vig is a bad role at bad hands. I completely agree with mastin2
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Best use of a vig was in Ikaruga Mafia.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”